Dm Corerue's Wrath of the Righteous! The Worldwound Incursion

Game Master Corerue

Mongrel Lair


1,051 to 1,100 of 1,130 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

(F) Aasimar (Agathion blooded) Sorceress (Silver Dragon bloodline) 3

"You want wrath? Face me!" Lasciel shouts sending a freezing ball of snow and ice slamming into one of the armored women.

Snowball ranged touch: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
2d6 ⇒ (5, 2) = 7
DC 15 Fort save or staggered for 1 round.

Targeting the one on the left


Female Half-Orc Sacred servant/OoV paladin 3 HP39/39 AC15/12/13 CMD:20 CMB+8 Init:+2 Perception:+4, Fort:+11 Ref+12Will+10 Smite:1/1 LOH2/5:1d6+2

Oh boy, with my bonus from fey foundling that channel puts me back at full HP.

Will: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Jen was still looking at the recently downed mongrelfolk when the women entered and made their command. The mental command finding no purchase as Jen's face twists into rage while she turns to face the pair. The haft of her glaive groaning as her knuckles went white.
"You." the paladin spat, as though it were the vilest curse she knew. Teeth bared as animal wrath surged. eyes locked on the symbol of their god.
Fire. Death. The horned sigil on weapons and lips as life drained. rage
Will: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Then, like a candle in the breeze the surging wrath evaporated. Replaced by a calm expression and a sigh"No. That won't bring them back." The half orc mutters as her hands relax their grasp.
"Much as it would feel good to rip your arms out of their sockets and choke you to death on your own bloodsoaked hands" The paladin threatens quietly as she stares the pair of warriors down. Striding forward to the pair as she spoke.
"You are not worth that to me. So I am going to tell you now that if you throw down your weapons I will advocate mercy when you are judged. It is your folly if you mistake this offer for weakness though." The womans glaive whistling through the air as she reached the extent of her weapons reach. I'll hit Left cleric as well.
Diplomacy? intimidate? Diplomitate?: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Glaive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 231d10 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11*
" Violence is simple after all.

* messed up the melee damage mod on Jen's glaive. Its 7 normally. +1 when using non-lethal.


Stats: HP 33/33; AC 21, touch 17, Flat Footed 13; CMD 20; Fort +5, Reflex +7, Will +2; Perception +7; Initiative +4;

Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 f!!*
Acrobatic: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Beat v.s. Touch: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 Impose -2 attack with 1 weapon, gain +1 attack to next sword art. Hoping the have low Dex cause of their armor....

Jaeger's eyes glaze over momentarily as Abyssion drops from his fingers, his eyes refocus and he looks in confusion at his now empty hand and Abyssion on the floor. Without hesitating he draws his shortsword and rushes the same cleric Jen and Lasciel already attacked. When reaching them he drops into a roll popping up just to the left of the cleric. "Ju go an put a gris-gris on Jaeger? Now dat ain't no way to make friends." He says as he punches out with the hilt of the shortsword.


Is the map showing up for everyone or no? I thought I adjusted the edit for everyone but I am updating as to how I THINK you are moving. If you don't like it then you need to move ya'selves! XD lol No big deal though, just taking care of business so I can figure out what is where and who does what/when.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Lasciel's snowball is not warmly received by the cleric who barely resists the effects of it just as Jen and Jaeger descend on her. Though Lasciel notes a light flash of shadow where her snowball punched through something unseen...

Jaegers acrobatics get him inside the reach of the clerics twin weapons and his feint catches the already wounded of them off guard (Touch AC 11 lol...), though Jens strike finishes the job. With one might blow she sends the cleric tumbling to the floor unconscious, though her strikes shatters some sort of barrier. An odd heaviness slowed her blade momentarily before she gave the cleric a good strike.

Coup De Grace Fallen Cleric: 3d10 + 9 ⇒ (8, 4, 5) + 9 = 26

Jen's words fell on deaf ears as the last Cleric steps back into the doorway, brandishing their Glaive and now out of reach as they crow with laughter mockingly at Jen. "Advocating mercy, that's rich! It's that weakness that led to you fools being butchered! We are his blades! All who stand against us..." They heft their glaive and bring it down on their fallen companion without a hint of remorse. Severing their head from their shoulders in a single horrific blow. "... shall DIE!" There head doesn't even roll, merely sliding forward some with a wide trail of blood and torn flesh.

The blood pools as the heart of the dead cleric continues to pump franticly, draining their body as it shivers on the floor in its last throes of life. The remaining cleric smiles madly from behind their horned helm and raises their glaive in preparation to meet the coming assault. "I will be reborn!"

PARTY IS UP! MAP UPDATED!


(F) Aasimar (Agathion blooded) Sorceress (Silver Dragon bloodline) 3

Lasciel utters a phrase in Draconic, an additional shimmering layer of force, momentarily reminiscent of scales appearing before her as she stalks forward angrily.

Cast Shield, advance to stand against wall in line with Jeager. AC up to 19


Female Half-Orc Sacred servant/OoV paladin 3 HP39/39 AC15/12/13 CMD:20 CMB+8 Init:+2 Perception:+4, Fort:+11 Ref+12Will+10 Smite:1/1 LOH2/5:1d6+2

You'll need to move the cleric to a different spot if you want to CDG with the glaive. you can't hit adjacent creatures with a reach weapon. The image you provided does show she has a dagger on her belt though.

"Mercy is the gift of the strong, have you never heard that adage? Instead of trusting your ally would not break under our 'weakness' you killed her. Perhaps because you feel in the same position you might break yourself? I pity you for your ignorance on how a demon lord rewards failure. I'd not worry if my words are straining your mind though, your body will soon match."
the cold eyed paladin responds, as she twirls her weapon while advancing. Lips curled into a grimace of disgust.
Glaive Non-lethal: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 221d10 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


(F) Aasimar (Agathion blooded) Sorceress (Silver Dragon bloodline) 3

I'm pretty sure plunging it straight down like a spear into someone lying at your feet even with a penalty for modified use would still work just as well. Hell you could CDG someone with a brick, its an insta-hit so penalties for how you use the weapon don't matter.


Jen is correct and I have adjusted them to the corner of the room instead. ^^; Flavourly I agree with Lasciel, I wish it were that easy to use reach weapons like that but sadly RAW/I helps to avoid abuse by others. -.-;

The cleric takes thestrike and remains standing looking oddly unphased by the well aimed blow from Jen's Glaive. "She died to be reborn! To serve in His army and return!" They laugh madly as they hold the corner with their glaive at the ready, appearing prepared to fight until the last breath.

Jaeger and Ethyra to go!

Lasciel verify the placement of your person on the map and make sure I put you in the right spot ^^;


(F) Aasimar (Agathion blooded) Sorceress (Silver Dragon bloodline) 3

Yup that works


Female Half-Orc Sacred servant/OoV paladin 3 HP39/39 AC15/12/13 CMD:20 CMB+8 Init:+2 Perception:+4, Fort:+11 Ref+12Will+10 Smite:1/1 LOH2/5:1d6+2

Pretty sure I need to be 5ft closer to actually hit her though. the square directly to the right of where I currently am.


Stats: HP 33/33; AC 21, touch 17, Flat Footed 13; CMD 20; Fort +5, Reflex +7, Will +2; Perception +7; Initiative +4;

Beat: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Impassioned Advance: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 1 - 2 = 24
damage: 1d6 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 4 = 13

"Ja ok, ju touched in de ead or sometin?" Jaeger says as he slides in closer first slamming his shortsword against her glaive he then slides the point into her side.


Stats: HP 27/27; AC 14, touch 12, Flat Footed 12; CMD 14; Fort +3, Reflex +3, Will +8; Perception +; Initiative +42

Can I ready an action to channel energy if anyone gets hit for at least half their hp?


(F) Aasimar (Agathion blooded) Sorceress (Silver Dragon bloodline) 3

Maybe rolling a heal check to see if you can tell everyone's condition during the course of the battle first? It seems a reasonable thing for a healer who's part of a combat unit to be able to do.


Jen A 5ft step is adequate to get back in striking range Jen, but at your current spot they are 15ft away the whole cross ways movement rule. 5ft for the first square then 10 ft then 5 then 10.

Ethyra You can ready an action to do so but I am unsure of what roll or rule in place to tell whether or not people are seriously injured.


(F) Aasimar (Agathion blooded) Sorceress (Silver Dragon bloodline) 3

There's no rule set in stone. The Deathwatch spell basically let you "see people's life bar" heh. But I have seen the heal skill used that way, and house rule it's use for that as well. Makes sense that the skill which can diagnose a disease (which is arguably much harder) can also tell you when someone's bleeding to death.


True the only place I see an issue is with those in heavy armor. Which most of your wounds won't be the bleeding kind but like internal bleeding and massive bruising. Unless of course a rogue sneak attacks you. But I think where we are now Heal skill is a fair way to gauge, I remember there being a visual indicator once like: Full health - appear heath, half life they look wounded but still good to go and at 10 health - They appear battered as if they could fall at any minute. Though I admit I think it was more DM Fiat in those instance. xD


Female Half-Orc Sacred servant/OoV paladin 3 HP39/39 AC15/12/13 CMD:20 CMB+8 Init:+2 Perception:+4, Fort:+11 Ref+12Will+10 Smite:1/1 LOH2/5:1d6+2

[ooc] It doesn't prevent me from my stated actions so a 15ft move is just fine. I usually let players make a heal check to know what quarter of a creatures health is at.[ooc]


Map updated in link at top of page

Between Jen and Jaeger's attacks the armored cleric goes down, slumping against the wall and sliding to the floor. Dropping their stylistic glaive as their horned helm twists with the rough fall.

No more enemies appear to be present, though two mongrelfolk have escaped the fight, going in two different directions...

Party is out of combat, for now, may act freely.


Female Half-Orc Sacred servant/OoV paladin 3 HP39/39 AC15/12/13 CMD:20 CMB+8 Init:+2 Perception:+4, Fort:+11 Ref+12Will+10 Smite:1/1 LOH2/5:1d6+2

Jen mutters something dark at the unconscious cleric before leaning her glaive upagainst a nearby wall and immediately setting to work on the nearest unconscious and bleeding mongrel folk.
" As I am unable to speak with them so I can't be sure but with the way the last battle we had went I am willing to believe that these warrior were mislead by those vipers. It seems to be a theme for them of making forces that could have very well been allies fight each other. Misleading and manipluating to leave even greater harms in the ones who had to do the killing than in even the ones who were killed." The half orc removing some layers of cloth and ripping a bandage out of a shirt sleeve
heal check(stabilize DC15): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 Welp, this isn't going to go well.
It seems rather obvious that the holy warrior was far out of her depth on how to treat injuries as severe as the ones that had been inflicted on those mongrelfolk still alive.


(F) Aasimar (Agathion blooded) Sorceress (Silver Dragon bloodline) 3

"What makes you think they're misled if you can't even understand what they're saying? We appreciate the help and all but you seem to be more concerned about not actually hurting anybody than taking them down." Lasciel says to the newcomer.


Female Half-Orc Sacred servant/OoV paladin 3 HP39/39 AC15/12/13 CMD:20 CMB+8 Init:+2 Perception:+4, Fort:+11 Ref+12Will+10 Smite:1/1 LOH2/5:1d6+2

Jen looks up from her work and gives Lasciel a brittle, sad expression. " Lady Lasciel, between the Deathguard nearly tearing themselves apart and their captain being the puppet of some demon? What makes you believe they are not misled? We don't know their reasons and have no way of communicating. Leaving them to bleed to death with doubt about their reasons is not something i'm willing to be party to." The woman replies as she sighs at the useless mess her impromtu attempt at first aid was becoming.
" Fixing someone is so much harder than hurting them after all."


Stats: HP 33/33; AC 21, touch 17, Flat Footed 13; CMD 20; Fort +5, Reflex +7, Will +2; Perception +7; Initiative +4;

"Ju attack me an mine ju goin ta end up bleedin out. It's dat simple it da law of da street." Jaegers says as he wipes the blood from his shortsword on the tabard of the cleric before sheathing it and walking over to Abyssion and sheathing that blade as well.


Female Half-Orc Sacred servant/OoV paladin 3 HP39/39 AC15/12/13 CMD:20 CMB+8 Init:+2 Perception:+4, Fort:+11 Ref+12Will+10 Smite:1/1 LOH2/5:1d6+2

I vaugely recall Ethyra having picked the trait that lets her stabilize people as a standard action without any rolls. I don't much enjoy slowing down the party but Jen's paladin vows are kinda forcing me to push this particular issue. Pallys of Sheylen are all about the mercy and forgiveness. She will abandon this to defend allies if we enter combat again.
Heal: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Jen continues in her efforts to staunch the warriors wound looking up at Jaeger for a moment " Blood for blood, eye for an eye. I don't doubt you know how that adage goes."
The half orc again sighing as her attempts to staunch the wound fails. Jen laying a hand on the warriors chest and channeling power.
LOH: 1d6 ⇒ 1
As healing magic stabilizes Jen will move onto one of the other bleeding mongrelfolk.
" I am not asking you to feel the way I do about those that we battle. Just understand that I can't in good conscience leave these people to bleed. If you wish to continue without me I'll catch up once I'm finished here."

Massed heal checks to speed this along.:

heal: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
heal: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
heal: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
heal: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
heal: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
heal: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
heal: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
heal: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


(F) Aasimar (Agathion blooded) Sorceress (Silver Dragon bloodline) 3

"Just don't expect me to spare someone who tried to kill us, or get in my way. These people could have cost me my brother. You get between me and them you'll need to worry about healing yourself." Lasciel says stalking forward as she steps over the bodies.


Stats: HP 33/33; AC 21, touch 17, Flat Footed 13; CMD 20; Fort +5, Reflex +7, Will +2; Perception +7; Initiative +4;

"Mi Bebelle ju ok?" Jaeger asks as he wraps his arms around her waist kissing her neck.


Stats: HP 27/27; AC 14, touch 12, Flat Footed 12; CMD 14; Fort +3, Reflex +3, Will +8; Perception +; Initiative +42

Ethyra couldn't help but turn a shade or two of scarlet while her beloved openly showers her with affection. "I am alright my love, how are you?" She embraces him drawing him in as close as she could. She looks up at him and says what most would find foolish. "My beloved, I feel moved to heal these mongrelmen. After all, good people sometimes are driven to do questionable acts when in a bind. Who am I to judge? If they are truly guilty of a wicked heart, the gods will search them and punish them accordingly." She couldn't help but search Jaeger's eyes for approval.


Stats: HP 33/33; AC 21, touch 17, Flat Footed 13; CMD 20; Fort +5, Reflex +7, Will +2; Perception +7; Initiative +4;

"Ja but dey an we an da attack...ok" Jaeger says with a sigh and a slight smile. " Ju do what ju need to I'll be here mi bébelle." He says as he places his forehead against her's. While she heals the mongrelmen Jaeger checks the two clerics for any items of value they could use down here.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Stats: HP 27/27; AC 14, touch 12, Flat Footed 12; CMD 14; Fort +3, Reflex +3, Will +8; Perception +; Initiative +42

Cautiously she approaches the unconscious mongrelmen and tenderly places a hand on the chest of each body. Ethyra gently bows her head forward as she invisions the throne of Desna before her. At that moment goddess and servant are connected and a smokey vision of a moth begins to manifest out of thin air. "My dear Desna, I do not know what paths these men have tread or what lead them to this place in their lives. I ask for justice for their crimes and mercy for any circumstance that may have rendered a good person powerless, causing them to make wrong decisions." Her whispers fluttered from her heart to Desna's ears.
"Mother of dreams from which imaginary light and illusions are born, lend a healing hand, mend what is broken, bind what is torn."

She lifts her head and looks at Jen with the acknowledgement of a kindred spirit. "Perhaps with two working together, the healing will be quicker. It's always harder when doing something alone especially when others don't understand your decisions"

Using sacred touch to stabalize


Female Half-Orc Sacred servant/OoV paladin 3 HP39/39 AC15/12/13 CMD:20 CMB+8 Init:+2 Perception:+4, Fort:+11 Ref+12Will+10 Smite:1/1 LOH2/5:1d6+2

Jen seems to hold back words as Lasciel walks away but she returns to her task Much as I wish my world could be so black and white I will not dishonor my oaths by breaking them over such as these.

Jen gives Ethyra a small smile as she helps the half orc and nods. " Duty shared is duty halved. I don't ask you to understand my reasons but thank you for helping me regardless."

Assuming Ethyra pitches in then unless any of the bleeding mongrel folk were close to death at the start of the battle they will all be stabilized quickly. Ethyra doesn't need to make any checks like I would.


1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
1d20 ⇒ 1

By the time you finish patching up the last of the injured a thick mist starts to fill the northern room. Emanating out from where the retreating mongrlfolk had last been. This thick mist formed quickly into a solid fog bank that reeked like rotting food and the unconscious clerk starts to vomit uncontrollably as the fog wafts over them as well...


(F) Aasimar (Agathion blooded) Sorceress (Silver Dragon bloodline) 3

"Wonderful, I hope you're happy that you gave them more time to prepare. Let's hope that bleeding heart of yours doesn't get us killed." Lasciel mutters glaring at the archer while fuming.


Stats: HP 33/33; AC 21, touch 17, Flat Footed 13; CMD 20; Fort +5, Reflex +7, Will +2; Perception +7; Initiative +4;

Did I find anything on the cleric's?
Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Jaeger rolls his eyes with an exaggerated movement of his head. "Come on dat ain't evan fair." He exclaims as he rushes into the fog and grabs the unconscious cleric by the shoulder and jerks her back out of the fog. He looks around for a second after dragging her back. "What? I couldn't leave her in dat stuff afta me bebelle gone an fixed er up." He says with a shrug.

"So anyone want to smell like Waller Brown Stew for a bit and rush through dat stuff an find out where it come from?" Jaeger says as he rolls his shoulders straightening his jacket as he does so.


Female Half-Orc Sacred servant/OoV paladin 3 HP39/39 AC15/12/13 CMD:20 CMB+8 Init:+2 Perception:+4, Fort:+11 Ref+12Will+10 Smite:1/1 LOH2/5:1d6+2

Jen nods to Lasciel and after wiping her bloodied hands on her pants grabs her glaive as Jaeger drags the cleric away from the fog. The half-orc giving the man a pleased quirk of her lip as she walked.
" You are correct, this is my fault. I shall see if I cannot blunt their teeth. Keep an eye on the other two doors I would not be surprised if other warriors arrived from such paths." Sucking in a breath the woman moves quickly as she can through the fog walking in the direction the retreating mongrelfolk had ran.
Fort: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

My bet is on a wizard with stinking cloud. Don't suppose there is anything near us that we could use to blow it away? An improvised fan out of some big flat object perhaps.


Jaeger's Findings:

Two potion's of cure light wounds, two scroll's of cause
fear, two scroll's of comprehend languages, unholy water; Two materwork chain shirts, two masterwork glaive's (cultist of Baphomet), two dagger, two spell component pouch, two unholy symbol of Baphomet, 20 gp

Rushing through the stinking fog leads Jen to what appears to be a crude rope leading upwards, which also appears to be shrouded in the same stinking fog...


The room you had fought in before has a small area where a fire was reduced to cold cinders which were surrounding by crude bedding and bits of bones and refuse tossed around the edges of the large room. It was obviously well lived in but appeared to not have been cleaned in ages. Jen and Ehtyra's ministrations helped to keep their former foes from dying completely before the fog had rolled in and interrupted their goodly workings.


Female Half-Orc Sacred servant/OoV paladin 3 HP39/39 AC15/12/13 CMD:20 CMB+8 Init:+2 Perception:+4, Fort:+11 Ref+12Will+10 Smite:1/1 LOH2/5:1d6+2

Shrug. Once more into the breach?

Jen prods the ceiling with her glaive to determine the dimensions of the entrace to the area above, waving a hand to see if she couldn't determine if the hole with a rope was where the smoke was originating from.
The warrior listened closely to see if she couldn't hear more foes approaching under cover of the smoke as well.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


Spoiler:

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Standing at the bottom of the hole leading upwards Jen can clearly hear the heavy breathing and shifting of those above her. Though she could not make anything out in this fog, it was clear that several foes waited above...


Female Half-Orc Sacred servant/OoV paladin 3 HP39/39 AC15/12/13 CMD:20 CMB+8 Init:+2 Perception:+4, Fort:+11 Ref+12Will+10 Smite:1/1 LOH2/5:1d6+2

Jen considers the hold before shrugging Even if I were to go up there it would be a lopsided fight, were they to see they were losing they could just cut the rope I was using. A shame I don't have powers of flight or levitation.
The warrior makes a loop of the room seeking any other exits to the room before returning to the group.

I'm assuming the white marker on the right side of the north room is a door. Presumably Jen is at the north wall of that room and looking at that dip with white marks which I presume to be your rope with bad guys at the top.

Assuming thats all right-ish.

Jen returns to the group and waves away some of the clinging smoke before speaking. " There is a rope leading to an upper level guarded by at least four warriors. Trying to fight that many dangling from a rope is going to be next to impossible at best. I have no means of levitation or flight so our best options would likely be trying one of the other paths. There also looks to be another door through the fog if you all feel able to hold your breath." the green one informs as she gestures to the two doorways in the room and then to the fog.
" I'd say the door past the fog would likely lead somewhere as that is where the demon worshipers came from."


Correct, my bad for peicemealing the map, but white squares are indicators for doorways.

Also for evveryround you remain in the stinking mist you will have to roll a fort save vs Nausea.

Jen's Fort: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31 No effect this round.

Now that you are outside the cloud no more rolls will be needed until you reenter it.

Spoiler:

4d20 ⇒ (11, 8, 13, 12) = 44


(F) Aasimar (Agathion blooded) Sorceress (Silver Dragon bloodline) 3

"I can get up there and somewhat screen the rest of you as you climb." Lasciel says thoughtfully as she reaches into a pouch on her belt, to withdraw what looks like a silver dragonscale. "One of Terendelev's scales, the last thing she left us before she...fell." she sorceress continues with emotion in her voice. "It will allow me to levitate on a pillar of mist that will obscure anything within it...including you all climbing up under me."


Female Half-Orc Sacred servant/OoV paladin 3 HP39/39 AC15/12/13 CMD:20 CMB+8 Init:+2 Perception:+4, Fort:+11 Ref+12Will+10 Smite:1/1 LOH2/5:1d6+2

hey it isn't like Jen would have seen that door before now anyway so you had no reason to state its presence. I've got no concerns so far. Also I really dislike stinking cloud.

Jen frowns as she looks into the fog " Even with you providing a distraction all they would need to do is sever the rope to cut you off from the rest of us. Do you still have more magic like you used to stun the deathguard warriors earlier? Were we to begin climbing they'd likely all be looking down for a target. That is if we avoid the fogs sickening effects. I doubt anyone will be in the right condition to do much if you can't shrug it off. Does anyone know if it is magic? It might help to know how long the effect might last if so?"
Color spray, I vaguely recall you using it in the fight with the deathguards. It would be really amusing if they were all looking over the hole and just tumbled right in after getting blasted.
" With the number of barriers in the way it might be best to try another path, much as it is obvious of this being a direct route to a place they do not want us to enter." The half orc suggests as she glances to the doors not blocked by the fog.

Huh.. would the fog could Lasciel generates push the stinking cloud away from the column? as a player I am amused by the direct approach and fully endorse giving it a shot but there does seem to be a good number of barriers we are going to need to overcome for that to work. Sounds like more fun to punch through that way though.


(F) Aasimar (Agathion blooded) Sorceress (Silver Dragon bloodline) 3

"That spell was from a scroll, not part of my innate magic. I can sometimes stagger a single opponent for a few seconds with the cold and ice I hit them with but it would be one at a time." she replies.


Female Half-Orc Sacred servant/OoV paladin 3 HP39/39 AC15/12/13 CMD:20 CMB+8 Init:+2 Perception:+4, Fort:+11 Ref+12Will+10 Smite:1/1 LOH2/5:1d6+2

Jen frowns and nods " Well there goes that idea. A shame your magic is unable to levitate a rock or something else hefty we could anchor rope to. Then we'd have something that could defend us from attacks from above and something to hang onto were they to sever the rope. though I imagine there are a dozen reasons that wouldn't work, i'll be the first to admit the mechanics of magic are hazy at best for me."

Amusingly that magic item has a CL of 19 and is capable of levitating an object/person weighing 1900 pounds or less. The spell doesn't directly address creatures hanging onto a levitating one but I assume the spell would still be viable until you hit that weight cap.


Stats: HP 27/27; AC 14, touch 12, Flat Footed 12; CMD 14; Fort +3, Reflex +3, Will +8; Perception +; Initiative +42

Ethyra watches as Jaeger retrieves the cleric with amusement. Upon mention of the stew she could feel a dry heave catch in her throat as just the very thought of it still made her nauseous. "Mi amor" she catches a gag once more "could we not mention the stew? Anything but the wretched abomination you tricked me once into eating when we were children. You remember that lovely evening don't you love?" Flashes of being slumped over a bucket while vomiting profusely into her own hair and clothes come dancing into her mind. She remembered the taste and foul smell laced with colorful choice words and bitter tears. It was official for Ethyra, Jaeger had a stomach made of steel, no sense of smell and had accustomed to eating some pretty gnarly fare.


The stinking mist continues to persist, though it was gradually getting smaller at a very slow rate. Retreating up through the guarded well.

Spoiler:

2d20 ⇒ (12, 11) = 23

Aside from the stinking mist nothing else moved or other distractions could be scene or heard, though a thorough investigation hadn't been performed yet in all the wareas either.


Female Half-Orc Sacred servant/OoV paladin 3 HP39/39 AC15/12/13 CMD:20 CMB+8 Init:+2 Perception:+4, Fort:+11 Ref+12Will+10 Smite:1/1 LOH2/5:1d6+2

As no one had an opinion to Jen's suggestions. Cuz stagnation is bad, M'kay?

Jen shrugs and tries the middle of the three doors she had seen.
Perhaps this path will let us get around the fog."


Jen moves and opens the door nearest the group as the gas continues to linger to the north of them. Upon opneing the door she see a rack of hooks hangs from the ceiling, cured slabs of meat dangling from them and filling the room with a smoky aroma. A group of barrels appears to hold other preserved foodstuffs.

Jen - Percept: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
??? - Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Jen also noticed the slowly rising form of what appeared to be a rather large lizard, which immediately hissed upon smelling her and lunged towards the now open door!

Ini Monitor Lizard: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Jen Ini check, everyone else is surprised atm unless Jen Wins the Ini roll!


Female Half-Orc Sacred servant/OoV paladin 3 HP39/39 AC15/12/13 CMD:20 CMB+8 Init:+2 Perception:+4, Fort:+11 Ref+12Will+10 Smite:1/1 LOH2/5:1d6+2

Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Jen was most certainly not expecting a lizard to come leaping out of a room filled with smoked meat.
Very much to the lizards fortune.


The lizard lunches, angered at being distracted from its half devoured snack as it looks at Jen hungrily standing inthe doorway...

Move 10ft
Attack Jen: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

The large lizards Jaws snap at Jen's legs but finding nothing as Jen nimbly dodges the lizards sharp teeth...

Party Is up Starting with Jen since she is blocking the door... >;3


Female Half-Orc Sacred servant/OoV paladin 3 HP39/39 AC15/12/13 CMD:20 CMB+8 Init:+2 Perception:+4, Fort:+11 Ref+12Will+10 Smite:1/1 LOH2/5:1d6+2

Jen follows her nimble dodge with a short step backwards as she brings her glaive to bear.
glaive, non-lethal: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 201d10 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

1,051 to 1,100 of 1,130 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dm Corerue's Wrath of the Righteous! The Worldwound Incrusion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.