Dm Corerue's Wrath of the Righteous! The Worldwound Incursion

Game Master Corerue

Mongrel Lair


851 to 900 of 1,130 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

Tawn'Garth looks at Lasciel and Jaeger before looking towards the central door once more. "The largest area is through the main door there. Its where the most crusaders could have joined together to fight. Follow me..."

Marching order up to you guys! Tawn'Garth is at the head of it right now.

She heads for the central door, axe in hand, her powerful stature all the more intimidating and her fur and scales suddenly began to adapt to the enviroment. Making her virtually unseen.

Stealth: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (7) + 18 = 25

You press through a hall that is only wide enough for two people to stand side by side somewhat comfortably. It was obviously designed to limit the numbers of attackers as the funneled through. The walls are marked and gouged by what could have only been caused by bladed or pointed weapons along with magical strikes. The halls bare an ancient smell, like burning ozone as well as the stink of the tar black smoke the torches are now filling the area with.

It takes some time before you are all plunged into an area of pitch black once more. Those of you with darkvision are able to make out the fallen forms of unknown creatures alongside their weapons. Some of the weapons appear to be broken by unknown means. However something lay in the center of the chamber at the edge of your vision and several forms appear to be hanging from what could only be a wall or support column.

Tawn'Garth growls and presses forward...

The rest of you are in the doorway to this chamber... Your Actions?

Sorry for th wait but pressing forward. Will DMNPC as needed. Can't wait any longer. :(


Stats: HP 33/33; AC 21, touch 17, Flat Footed 13; CMD 20; Fort +5, Reflex +7, Will +2; Perception +7; Initiative +4;

Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Welp...opps


Jaegers boots crunch some glass lightly as he enter the chamber but he wasn't able to make out much despite decreasing the distance between himself and some of the objects in the room...

will press forward later today or tomorrow at the latest.


Party Presses forward High yes - Low No?: 1d100 ⇒ 62

In a group you all press into the room, trusting in the darkvision of your companions to spot harm before it arrives. After getting twenty feet farther into the circular chamber the details of the hanging forms becoming more clear.

Despite them only being an outline in greys and whites. The four armed form in the middle was easily identified as Ga'Tul. Like the ones before she appeared to be hanging from her four hands, suspended by them as they were pinned to the wall...

Her head hangs unmoving and before you can relay this information to the others, the chamber brightens with a burst of flame. Like before, save for dozens of torches this time, the chamber is lit in a foul light. Revealing Multiple forms ringing the chamber and clad in heavy armor, bearing weapons of similar make as those on the surface. Warhammers, blades and even a few polearms. More shocking was the easily recognizable Scorpion Crossbow's that were being leveled at the group. Standing between these crossbowman was none other than Ifri himself.

"TRAITORS!" Tawn'Garth roared in outrage, recognizing something the rest of you did not before shouting. "How could the Death Guards betray their own! HOW DARE YOU IFRI!" She raised her axe as the armed warriors started to move towards you all.

At her words Ifri glowered at you all mainly Tawn'Garth. "Traitors? You cowards call hiding in that pathetic village surviving? We don't want to just survive. We want to Win. You my dear b#~#$ are in the way..."

Roused by the shouting Ga'Tul raises her bloodied head. A piece of her fur hangs limply where her scalp had been grazed. Despite being badly injured she was strong enough to mutter. "What... Just... When I was.... asleep." Her unbloodied eye goes wide when she sees the group of you and Tawn'Garth. "Run away! Dammit... Don't S...! *HURGH!" She is cut short as a Scorpion bolt loses and slams into her side.

1d10 ⇒ 4

However its not enough to drive her under just yet and her head shakes as she strains to keep her head up as Ifri waves his hand wide. Obviously signalling for something... "NO ESCAPE! IF THEY WON'T JOIN US THEN THEY MUST BE SACRIFICED TO LORD BAPHOMET!" Upon his signal several of the soldiers turn and start cutting what look to be several ropes tied off in series, with each cut a metal portcullis slams down over one of the exits...

Random door 1 is the door directly behind party.: 3d16 ⇒ (11, 13, 2) = 26

Two portcullises on the far side of the chamber, one directly behind Ifri slam shot. One to the left of the door you all entered from slams shut, blocking that way out...

It goes unnoticed by Ifri as he smiles savagely at Tawn'Garth as he adds. "I will enjoy making you watch our children be sacrificed to the great one... One by one." His smile broadens as Tawn'Garths eyes cloud over in what could only be the truest of Blood Wrath, her bellow was filled with rage and as her muscles swelled with the burst of adrenaline Ga'Tul mutter something that was barely audible over the din of armor, shouting and the coming battle.

Whisper DC 20 Perception:

"Don't let him goad you... dammit..."

Map coming. Initiative please.

Crit Fail Deathguard Partial Action first round only... Ha.: 1d20 ⇒ 1
Party: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Party is up first!

The Deathguard, lulled into a sense of dominance, move too slowly and unable to react to the explosive movement of the group quick enough...


Details - Map in the works.

Chamber is two hundred feet wide x 200 feet and roughl 15 ft at its highest point with the central wall/column that Ga'Tul is pinned too.

Most of the enemy is still over 60ft away. Five are close enough for the group to easily charge and engage in melee. Upto you. Trying to make it more clear. Apologies for any confusion~


(F) Aasimar (Agathion blooded) Sorceress (Silver Dragon bloodline) 3

Init 21. Will post action once map is up. Edited to juts add my Modifier

How is Ga'Tul pinned to the wall, by ropes or is she actually nailed up through her hands?


Sorry Mir, I actually rolled the Party as one INi so everyone is First. My bad, didn't edit that part out. :(


Ga'Tul, like the corpses in the previous room, is pinned to the wall with what appear to be spikes made of a blackened metal. She has a spike through each of her hands, four in total.


(F) Aasimar (Agathion blooded) Sorceress (Silver Dragon bloodline) 3

Looking up at Ga'Tul's tortured form Lasciel's eyes display an icy rage. "Hang in there, we'll get you down once we've killed them."

Turning to face the Deathguards, the sorceress chants a Draconic phrase, a shimmering silvery shield of energy coalescing in front of her as silver talons extend from her fingers, tiny scales covering the backs of her hands.

She crouches, ready to launche herself at the first enemy within reach.

Cast shield. Extend claws


Stats: HP 33/33; AC 21, touch 17, Flat Footed 13; CMD 20; Fort +5, Reflex +7, Will +2; Perception +7; Initiative +4;

Are they speaking Common?

Jaeger's eyes flash red when he sees Ifri standing there with the bodies of betrayed deathguards hanging from spikes. "Ain't ju dat couyon from befo?" Come on dis mook tink he be da big boss? Come on Tawny we jus beat him n' his lil followers and get Ga'Tull an da otha's down." He says as he sets Abyssion on his shoulder. "Well come one den which o' ju want ta fall firs?" He says with a grin as he beckons the enemy on with his other hand.

Ready action Attack first enemy to come in reach

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


The Mongrelmen are speaking common.

Jeager noticed eh? :)

Will give the others a day to post before proceeding forward.


Stats: HP 27/27; AC 14, touch 12, Flat Footed 12; CMD 14; Fort +3, Reflex +3, Will +8; Perception +; Initiative +42

Ethyra watched as her husband fell to his knees, rarely had she ever seen him buckle. She looked around her and a numbness took over. A soft buzzing rang through her ears and the blood slowly drained from her face. Her pupils fully dilated as she took in the horrific scenes, trying to make sense of it all. Her feet sunk like weights into the mud and the taste or iron coated her tongue. For just a moment, not even her divine Mother could reach her. Death had shown her face and left her mark on so many. Ethyra blindly reached out a hand and searched for Jaeger's, hoping that by touching his hand she won't drift away into madness. She followed close behind, her steps heavier and heavier. She studied all the mongrel men's faces, giving them a proper burial in her mind, a resting place in her memory. She didn't want a single one of them to be forgotten.

Upon entering the room, the haze of light reveals Ifri and his men. Her eyes shift from his miserable face to Ga'tul's limp figure on the wall. Her heart sank then rose again as a spark of life revealed itself in her damaged body. Desna, give me strength!" She screamed her prayer in her mind. Then like the passing of an eye of the storm, the numbness crumbled and a deep unbridled rage took hold. "Curse you wretched b@$~@|)$! May Desna curse your next lives with an eternal nightmare and misfortune!" She lifted the crossbow and fired viciously at Ifri.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3


Lomar unleashed his eldritch magic into the oncoming Death Guards...

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
1d8 + 1d8 ⇒ (8) + (7) = 15

... the blast of dark magic strikes true. Seeping into the closest Death Guards armor before bursting the Mongrelmen traitor into flames. Lomar smiles as the evil coward gets it's due. The Mongrelmen falls to its knees, clawing at its closed helm as it tries to put out the flames that burn its flesh. After a few moments of struggling, it keels over and is mostly forgotten among its amassing brethren...

Seren readies to counterattack the first one to come within her sphere of influence, she wields her weapon with expertise.

Readied Action: 1d20 ⇒ 7

Cid and Kieran are up!


You have six opponents closing the distance, backed by another twenty four. Ifri and two Scorpion crossbowman stand off to the side while three other Deathguards are hastily cutting the ropes that bind the portcullises.

Enemy AC 18, HP 13/13 Each, F +3, R +1, W +1


"Warlock! HERE!" Ifri's angry bellow makes Lomar glare at him.

"Why does everyone keep saying that!" Lomar's irritation was profound but it was soon replaced with shock as Tawn'Garth charged into the midst of the oncoming Death Guard...

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
1d12 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
1d12 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Her axe cleaved through the first, shattering their armor and driving them into the ground like a broken doll. Their sword fell from their grip as a mace wielding mongreelmen raised his weapon to strike. However Tawn'Garths axe never stopped and the second opponent soon joined his companion pn the ground as her axe buried itself into their side.

Cid and Kieran are up!


Kieran charges into the advancing enemy, his spear slams home and another of the traitors fall. He sticks close to Tawn'Garth as he fights.

Cid levels his crossbow at the Scorpion crossbowmen and luckily strikes the one just off of Ifri's right side. He injures the Scorpion Crossbowmen but they don't go down.

Seren Joins the charge and slams her weapon into one of the close quarter trators, injuring them badly but they don't fall...

Enemies Turn

Surprised by the shocking charge of their opponents they press forward none the less.

Five Hem in Kieran, Seren and Tawn'Garth while A few more slip past to engage the rest of you. Everyone is one on one with the traitors except for the three who charged ahead.

_________________________________________________________________________

Jaeger & Ethyra

Jaegers blow glances off the Traitors heavy armor aas they come at him with a warhammer!

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

WE'VE GOT A FUMBLER~

Jaegers quick feet allows him to easily dodge the traitor and allows him an opening that he can exploit...

Jaeger you get an AoO!

Seeing that Ethyra is behind the darkling that its companion just missed, another traitor aims to cut their way through the darkling and to the woman that stands behind him. This one uses a a mace and takes a powerful swing at the Tiefling!

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

However their blow proves wide and they just barely stop from throwing themselves off balance.
___________________________________________________________________________ _

Cid

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Lomar

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Lasciel

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Wow! They all MISSED! xD

The remaining opponents engaged the rest of you, one on one and proved unable to break through each of your defenses. However you realize that had they hit you the blow would have been most devastating...

___________________________________________________________________________ _

Kieran, Seren, Tawn'Garth

Tawn'Garth proves more able then those attacking her, as her tough hide deflects most of the blows she roars in rage at those that stand in her way.

Kieran Fairs well, his anger driving his defense, he takes a hit in the shoulder. -3 hp

Seren successfully defend against her opponent as they step within her polearms striking zone. Forcing her on the defensive...


Party is up


Stats: HP 33/33; AC 21, touch 17, Flat Footed 13; CMD 20; Fort +5, Reflex +7, Will +2; Perception +7; Initiative +4;

AoO: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 4
Misdirection: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Incisive Strike: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Jaeger grins as the two traitors rush forward. "Two at once ain't really Jaeger's style." He quips as he easily sidesteps the first attack and gives a quick glancing strike to force him back. He then catches the other attack with Abyssion and pushes him away with infuriating ease. A quick flourish has the mongrelman off balance leaving a look of dawning horror as it clutches its throat. Blood wells between its fingers and it slumps to the ground.

"But I'm sure there is enough of ol' Jaeger ta go go around." He says as he turns from the fallen mongrelman and returns his attention to the one he nicked.


Ethyra, Lasciel, Lomar & Seren (DMNPC) Kieran (DMNPC?), Cid (DMNPC?) are still up~!


Stats: HP 27/27; AC 14, touch 12, Flat Footed 12; CMD 14; Fort +3, Reflex +3, Will +8; Perception +; Initiative +42

Ethyra intones a prayer to Desna "Desna grant your daughter the strength to defeat ones who would seek to destroy the freedom you so cherish. BLESS! As she finsihes her prayer motes of light float through the air along with ethereal moths. One landing on the shoulder of each of her allies before fading away leaving a sense of warmth.

Everyone add +1 to your attacks and to saves against fear effects.


(F) Aasimar (Agathion blooded) Sorceress (Silver Dragon bloodline) 3

With a yell of anger, Lasciel's silvery claws lash out, her first strike homing in on the traitor's face, her second strike wild, her anger getting the best of her.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 Magic

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 Magic


Lasciels opponent shouts as her claws find purchase beneath his armor. Its canine features twist into a snarl as he raises his blade to strike once more.

Lomar steps back and focuses his eldritch blast and unleashes it against the Mongrelmen that dared to strike at him. His power struck so hard that flesh melted out between the mongrelmen's armored plates as they fell to their knees screaming in silence as their face melted. He smirked darkly as his opponent slumped over dying.

Cid's next shot glances off his previous opponents vambrace, in response the Scorpion crossbowmen hefts the bow and aims it at Cid.

Seren and Kieran fight alongside Tawn'Garth, a few more opponents injured, two more fall tot eh raging mongrelmen's swinging axe. But the tide continues unabated...

5d16 ⇒ (12, 9, 2, 12, 15) = 50
11, 13, 2 9, 12 & 15

Three more portcullis's slam down before Ifri rages. "Idiots!" He calls to some of the advancing units. [smaller}"Finished Ga'Tul! Let them suffer for defying their fate!"[/smaller] He smiles wickedly, his muzzle twisting into a hateful expression as he hefted his Greataxe.

Four Mongrelmen break off heading for to where Ga'Tul hangs near the center of the room.

The Scorpion crossbowmen hone in on Cid and Lomar, lobbing two deadly bolts towards them.

Cid takes one in the shoulder and looks like he was nearly knocked over by the impact.

-6 cid

Lomar dodges the attack and glares in rage at the Scorpian weilder before pointing at him and smirking with a your next look.

More to come later sorry.


Male Drow Demon Hunter [Ninja/Ranger]

With heightened battle prowess from Ethyr's prayer, Cid attempts to take down one of the traitors who are about to end Ga'tul's life. He would have to land his shot perfectly.

atk: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 1 = 14dmg: 1d8 ⇒ 5


@ Jen'Dalash
That dream was happening again...

Strapped to some sort of alter, surrounded by dark clad mystic's, chanting in a language you didn't understand.

You shift in your bed as the dream progresses, unaware of the goings on in your surroundings...

YOu couldn't break free, the chains were too strong and you were too young, the chanting was growing higher more course. A darkness was beginning to pool above you. Your heart hammered in sheer terror as teh darkness formed into a floating inky pool above you...

The door of your room opens, something unseen approaches... Jens Perception check... DC 25: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

A hand emerges from the inky pool, clawed and jagged like it was scaly. A shrill scream erupts from the pool, like thousands of souls writhing in agony and eternal torment. Your heart felt like it was about to ripe free of your chest it was hammering so hard. You strain at your bounds, screaming so loud that you don't recognize your own voice over the sheer terror of what was coming out of the that inky portal to hat could only be Hell.

Someone is at the foot of your bed... DC 20: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

A second hand appears , followed by a head with four horns, its face is a mass of ugly scales and brutish muscle as it tears its way into the world. Smiling vilely at you as you scream in terror... It reaches for you... Grabing hold of your throat...

Your eyes flicker, the dream is interrupted once more, as if your mind wouldn't allow you to see what or how it happened.

... the broken chains hang limply around your wrists and feet, your shielding your eyes from something but the terror is gone. Your filled with awe but you don't know why. You can feel the urgent need to...

Perception DC 15: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

WAKE UP!

Your eyes fly open, standing above you is someone you recognize but what cathes your attention is the two headed halbered they are about to plunge into your chest!

You roll out of your bed just before the weapon slams down. The womans face contorts into an ugly mixture of rage and hate. "Orcish Whore! In the name of Baphomet you will die!" The woman's voice isn't what you remember at all. Her name was Lysida, she was kind and gentle, not hateful like the monster that stands before you. But her symbol is no longer of Shelyn, it is that of the twinned horns of Baphomet that hangs from a black iron chain about her neck now...

Lysida struggles to free her weapon from your now destroyed barracks bed. It is then you turn to see that Lysida isn't alone...

And that many of your sleeping sisters in arms were struck down by what was once their comrades...

Rydia, her throat cut, struggles to breath as she drowns in blood. Her attacker relentlessly ramming the dual headed halberd through her chest and slashing her flailing arms as she fights uselessly to defend herself. Blood splatters the floor amid her attackers laughter.

Silvia, a young elven girl, not even full grow into adulthood. Is impaled before your eyes as she struggles to free her sword. She grasps the weapon as her attacker lifts her off the floor and slams her into the wall, pinning her their with her feet dangling and using her body weight to tear the wound open further. It was a cruel thing, as he enemy had already pierced her heart...

Many others were fighting and dying all around you but Lysida's curse brought the attention of those who had successfully killed there targets. They four of them advance on you, your defenseless and despite your powerful frame you know that they have you easily beat. Just as they raise their weapons in unison to strike you down they are interrupted. Several of the twin bunk beds come crashing down with brutal force, slaming down on your four attackers and snapping Lysida's legs despite her heavy armor.

Lysida screams curses as your commander Talgia appears seemingly from nowhere, with a handful of half dressed and barely armed paladin's in her wake. "Jen! Thank Shelyn we made it! Kenebras is underattack and these Harpies betrayed us. They were spiesthis entire time! How could we not see that." She's interrupted as the commotion brings the full attention of the traitors and they start heading towards this point of resistance.

"Die in the name of the HORNED LORD!" Their battlecry carries in the large barrack room, filled now with the bodies of the dead and dying of Shelyn's faithful...

Talgia waves her blade towards the oncoming enemy, who outnumber her paltry band two to one. "For the Eternal Rose! For Kenebras we strick these B++##es down! Her band rush forward with a yell, raising their blades and fighting on despite teh grimness of their situation. Talgia spares you a glance as she says. "Get to your gear and suit up quickly!"


Female Half-Orc Sacred servant/OoV paladin 3 HP39/39 AC15/12/13 CMD:20 CMB+8 Init:+2 Perception:+4, Fort:+11 Ref+12Will+10 Smite:1/1 LOH2/5:1d6+2

Jen's vision is washed in chill revelation, a rictus of rage on her face as tears flow freely from her eyes. Rydia,Silvia. You are so still now. If.. if only I had been faster, wiser you would have lived. Your bodies would not lie strewn here as the cruelest testament to the powers of a scarce few seeking to harm. Destruction, so very simple. A lesson I have learned a thousand times and yet, it still holds an appeal of the glitering arc and flash.
Still a coward, still unable to defend what I hold dear still Weak
.

Flashback:

Jen's memory wrote:


It happens in a short second one moment she stands, her chieftain at one side and the shaman on the other both hands on the neck of a comely elf female as the tribe looked on. All she needed to do to gain true acceptance, to belong despite her soiled blood was to snap her neck.
She shook, none but the elf itself able to tell as her limbs began to shake and her indecision mounted. With a final look at the elf she sighs I.. I can't do it. Its wrong Not even for the change to belong.

With the swiftness of a serpent she grabs the shamans ritual dagger from his belt, slicing the bindings on the elf prisoner before whirling and throwing the knife directly at her chiefs face, it slamming solidly into his right eye with a wet squelch of flesh.
"GO"
the half orc barks in common as she pushes the elf who swiftly recovers and flees from the tent as the Orcs stand stunned.

Chieftan Gral'Rasun The Ox breaker growls as he gradually removes the four inch ritual knife from his eye socket. The shaman of the tribe bolts from his previous position and leaps after the escaped prisoner. The tribes Gar'Las'Toon' the place of rituals riots as the men and women of the tribe look on at Jen'Dalas in swiftly growing rage.
The crowd reaches a fever pitch "I knew you were Weak Jen'Dalas"
The full blooded orc warlord says as he looms to his full height and looks to Jen who shivers with fear. "Shaman Talasis had said the ritual he enacted moons ago would grant you the cold fury of our greatest ancestors, and the cunning to wield it like the sharpest blade."
The Orcish lord looks at the still shaking stripling, voice bleeding fury at the betrayal. "But I see now that he was mistaken, your mothers heritage breeds true and even forged in the crucible you are flawed. A flawed weapon is not one I need"
He chuckles as he looks at the female half-orc fresh tattoos on her arms and torso. With a predatory lunge he strikes the young half breed, not more than 13 across the face sending her sprawling into to crowd of orcs below the Ritual dias. Gral'Rasun drops from the dias and strides toward her.
"Well traitor, you freed the sacrifice. Let our Prey escape and attempted to kill me. Lets see you finish the job."
He unbuckles the belt on his back and removes a hand axe tossing the weapon to the now defenseless initiate.
Jen looks at the green mountain in front of her and shudders slightly, still slightly stunned from her flight. Standing she grasps the offered axe and assumes a combat stance
"To slaughter those who are weaker than us, it is wrong. Strength is to be used to defend. Jen states as with a grunt of effort she swings the axe at the Chieftain.
Whelp, the only use for strength is putting yourself above others. The full grown orc states as he lets the half-blood make her attack, it sinking into his meaty forearm as he pushes her back and stomps viciously on her exposed right calf.
Jen screams as a red pink spear of bone explodes out the front of her calf. Blinding agony stealing her wits.
Gral'Rasun's tusked maw appears in her swimming vision as he grins.
"You speak of power and yet have not enough to defend your ways. Whelp. You have ruined several years of bargains and I now find myself owing a great favor to the cults of the south with no gain. At the very least though you will serve as a warning to all who would cross me."
With a booming echo to his command the orc chieftain shows his prowess and shouts over the din of blood crazed warriors
SHATTERSPINES! The whelp has been dealt with, I have survived. Cease braying and help Shaman Talasis locate the escaped sacrifice. I am going to ensure her death is agonizing in the way only we Shatterspines know how! Ensure the Whelp stays alive so she may see it all before we do the same to her!"
She is roughly handled and tossed into a slave pit. The impact tearing one more cry from her frame as she drops unconscious.

"The time for that is later, I have foes to subdue. The half-orc whispers as she shakes the memories from her mind donning the fine lacquered bracelets hung next to her bed. Reaching under her bunk she releases the clasps on her glaive and longbow she threads them through straps on her backpack. Seizing the pack which held her remaining personal effects she jerks the double bladed halberd free of its position in her bed. With a look equal parts fury and sadness she looks at the downed warrior in heavy armor "Lysida I know not if this betrayal come from within or without but know that regadless of it I stay my blade until such events are known." she grits her teeth in anger as she beings moving toward the fight "I will not stain my blade with the blood of sisters if they are the pawns of others, but know if this was truly your intention that Sheylen's displeasure will be a mercy when Talgia get her hands on you."
She moves swiftly to join the fight with her sisters,


Thought I'd try an in character telling of her backstory. I'll write up more as the desire takes me.
In a nut shell following this she is visited by a power in the night and healed enough to escape the clutches of her tribe, the trip is a high speed escape through the mountains while being followed by the tribes shaman. Into the river as I described, then she'd wake up in the temple of Sheylen and spend the rest of her prior to game life learning the ways of the Eternal rose.
Lots of misunderstandings and conflicts of culture as her Orc raised sensibilities interact with the preferences of Sheylens following.


As to the current events:
Jen intends to fight in her nightclothes using her Chakram(the lacquered bangals which would be a disguise check to hide the weapons as artistic objects)
along with the stolen halberd and Longbow if she runs out of chakram. Armor(which is stored in my pack) would require she spend 10 rounds donning it to get even a remote benefit (hasty donning would only give me a +1 to my AC.)
Her other weapons (which I'm imagining being either next to her bed or stored in a local armory would also be less accessible than the halberd right next to her.
She'd grab her bow and start plugging bad guys after moving the halberd.
If this is more a cutscene thing, with the NPC's heroic stand while I gathr my gear/escape it would only require a rebuke from her leader in this instance to ensure Jen follows suit.


DC 20 STR to remove weapon from your bunk bed...

As her blade slid between the enemies plates and up under her shoulder blade. Rewarding her with her enemies quick gasp as she pierced her heart in one fluid movement. Seeing Jen attempting to remove the Halberd she gives the Paladin Initiate a bark that made her jump. "Initiate! Theres no time for using unfamiliar weapons! Get to the Armory join with the survivors and make your stand!" Talgia favors the girl with a smile, knowing she would become something formidable one day.

It was a pity she most likely wouldn't live to see it. Shelyn be praised! She throw the body of her opponent at two more coming towards her, dual headed halberds raised defensively. The body knocked one back and the other braced for Talgia acrobatic assault.

The fight was nearly even now but the unarmored paladins were taking heavy injuries against there more prepared opponents...

_____________________________________________________________

The rebuke from her commander put Jen'Dalash on the quick march to the local armory where armor, weapons and ready packs were stored. As she passed through the halls of the Grey Garrison she found that the fighting hadn't been just in the barracks but everywhere unsuspecting guardsmen and woman had been brutally cut down. Some still had a look of shock on their face, forever frozen now as they were killed by those that they once consdered their friend. This betrayal wasnt just horrible it was raw and personal. Seeking revenge seemed righteous when levied against the atrocities they had committed this day.

She sneaked through the halls, coming upon a struggle between the Shelynite Betrayers and several of the surviving guardsmen. These individuals were armed and armored for battle and appeared to be holding their own. The stood on corpses in the hall as both sides tried to end the other, a fight far too bloody for Jen to try in aid in her currently unarmored state.

It was the work of a few more minutes before she reached the armory, which appeared abandoned. Save for several blood pools just outside the main door...

She stood in the hallway some ten feet away from the open door... Unsure as to what to do next.

Jen Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
?????: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

Perception DC 15

Perception Check successful.:

You can hear the sound of shifting armor and obscured voices, clearly whoever is inside the armory has heard your approach...


Female Half-Orc Sacred servant/OoV paladin 3 HP39/39 AC15/12/13 CMD:20 CMB+8 Init:+2 Perception:+4, Fort:+11 Ref+12Will+10 Smite:1/1 LOH2/5:1d6+2

FLEX!: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Failing to budge the weapon from her bunk Jen grunts in annoyance, torn between her desire to aid her commander and trusting her to survive.
HEre eyes flick to the pinned traitors next to here, hands flexing.
It would be so easy She casts her eyes away.
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Chakram: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
She hurls one of the lacquered chakram on her wrist at the traitor distracted by Talgia's charge " Commander, that is my favorite chakram So I'll be coming back for it once this is over. I'll see you again soon." she shouts, voice wavering slightly as she retreats.
____________________________

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Jen slowly passes one of her Chakram into her palm, the lacquered weapon serving as an impromptu melee weapon in a pinch she draws closer to the door.
They beat us here.. Hand slowly rubbing the lacquer on her weapon her teeth glint dangerously in the torchlight. So be it, no place for them to run. She whirls around the door weapon in hand ready for a fight
Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Jen's chakram are sharpened with a whetstone, which is why they have a +3 to damage. only works on the first attack they make before they have to be sharpened again.


1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Jen'Dalash whirls around the corner, faster then those inside could have predicted and her Chakram stopes a hairsbredth from the throught of her commanders second lieutenant. Behind teh Lieutenant are three others armed with Lucerne Hammers, who are just as shocked as their second Melissa Whitehall. The room smells of death and laying in a heap in the far corner appear to be six bodies, an iron symbol of the horned lord hangs loosely from one of their necks. Melissa looks at you, a wry grin on her face as the three Lucerne Hammer bearers appear to be about to jockey for position. "So Jen... Which side are you on?" The accusation in her voice hurts but you know its for good reason, especially after how many you once considered your friend had turned out to be your worst enemy...

Critical initiative garners you an extra standard action.

JEN YOU ARE UP!


Female Half-Orc Sacred servant/OoV paladin 3 HP39/39 AC15/12/13 CMD:20 CMB+8 Init:+2 Perception:+4, Fort:+11 Ref+12Will+10 Smite:1/1 LOH2/5:1d6+2

Jen's grip on the blade wavers for a moment, and for a bare moment she laughs. Tears on her eyes she looks at the lieutenant in the eyes.
At least some live..
"If I had wanted to follow a bull headed monster I would have saved some pain and stayed with my tribe."
She removes the Chakram from her fellow warriors neck and nods to them all.
"Commander Talgia interfered when Lysida attempted to assassinate me." She looks down and sighs
Rydia and Silvia.. they were not so fortunate. I am here for my gear, and then I am going to bring righteous vengeance on the perpetrators of this cowardly act. I aim to fight my way back to the commander and rally the rest of our survivors."
The glint in the half orcs eyes is primal as she speaks with an exhaling growl. "There will be blood for this"


Female Init +2; Senses Perception +10 AC 25 (Touch 12 Flatfooted 24) HP 43/89 F: +7, R: +4, W:+4

Corerue is having issues posting. He is trying to get them fixed. Will update as best I can.


Female Init +2; Senses Perception +10 AC 25 (Touch 12 Flatfooted 24) HP 43/89 F: +7, R: +4, W:+4

Sent to me by Corerue.

Melissa's wry smile turns into a genuine one as she taps your left leg with what could only be an invisible blade. "Your far quicker then those last six were, caught me bloody well by surprise." She nods and waves you past. "Glad your with us yet, get ya gear and lets kick the s*&*te out of these traitors."

They are quiet as you suit up, giving you ample time to pull on your gear and strap on your equipment. The fighting in the halls sounds like it has intensified, screams of agony echo up the halls. Loud enough to make the hairs rise on the back of your neck..

Melissa readies her blade along with the three Lucerne Hammer wielders, it takes you a moment to understand why but as you still your movement you hear it...

Clap

Hooves on stone...

Clop, Clap

Heavy hooves on stone.

You finish strapping on your weapons just as the quiet in the armor shatters completely. Something tore its way into the world, something large and powerful appeared out of nowhere. Directly behind your companions. Before you could shout, before they could even turn it raised its flaming axe opening its goatlike muzzle and blasted them with hellfire. Catching all four of them completely unawares. the three woman with Lucerne Hammers burned where they stood. Melissa somehow avoided the worst of it. (...)

DC 15 K: Planes check to identify.

Standing just over seven feet tall, this bestial humanoid wears filthy, tattered robes and has blue-gray skin decorated with strange, coiling stripes. Dark fur grows on its head and arms, and its feet end in burning hooves. Its eyes glow as red as the flaming axe it wields in one hand, and its breath fills the surrounding air with noxious gray smoke. It tries to raise its axe and encounters the armory wall, before it can recover Melissa climbs over her dying companions and impales it with her blade. She screams as the demons hot blood sears her flesh before she can pull away.

As she yanks the blade free the demon begins to crumble into ash, desintegrating so quickly that soon you can see its bones as they too turn to dust before your eyes. Stunned as you are Melissa grabs your hand and drags you out of the now burning armory. "We have to go!"

She abandons her shield, useless as it wsa now that it was melting into a glob of molten metal from the demons blood. She pulls you towards the barracks, intent on joining the commanders squad there. Your hopes are dashed as you both arrive and find that several of the same type of demons had beaten you there...

Backing the traitors as they were you could see that the possibly even fight had turned into a slaughter. There in the center of her amassed enemies and demonic host stood Talgia, a damaged halberd in her hands now. Fending them all off by swinging the weapon in a wide arc, spilling the guts of one foolish traitor as they stepped into her expert swing. As she twirls she sees you both standing in the doorway.

She mouthes something, tears streaming down her face as teh encircled demons each open their maws...

Perception DC 15 to hear what she said.

... Unleashing a four pronged attack of immense fire on the unarmored Paladin Commander. Before they were even finished burning her alive she slumped to her knees, using the burning Halberd for support.

As they stopped, her corpse still a burning wreckage of her once beautiful self, they notice you and turn with a scream of rage. The remaining traitors reform behind the advancing goat demons as their burning hooves and weapons make short work of the furniture between them and their intended victims. One of them smirks as it kicks Talgia over in its passing. "Wretched mortal." It sneered as it stomped past her, twirling its axe as it focused on you.

Melissa, not letting the moment freeze her turns away. Slamming the door in the oncoming enemies face before trying to make her way down the hall. However it was pointless. The same hammering sound, a sudden dark flash of movement and the demons had you surrounded two on each end of the long hall you stood in. Again appearing out of nowhere. Melissa goes back to back with you. Yelling an order you could no longer hear.

For a long moment you stood there, mechanically drawing your bow and unleashing arrows fruitlessly at the oncoming demons. Watching as they were deflected with ease as they closed the short distance between you. The door to your right started to rattle as dual headed halberds slammed into it, the traitors intent on breaking the now stuck door down to get to you.

Everything was lost.

You hear Melissa clash with the demons just as the ones in front of you reach where you are standing. They raise their weapon and your eyes go wide.

You were going to die...

As it came down, you winced and then there was... nothing.

You open your eyes, everything appearing slowed and blurred save for what appeared to be tendrils of light that floated around you. Then a blur of light lashed out splitting one demon in half in the space of an instant, so quickly you could hardly register it. The second opened its maw just a breadth before its teeth were mashed in by a burst of light that slammed into its muzzle sending it catapulting down the hallway.

The door the traitors were trying to cut through is suddenly knocked inward, sending them all flying back as the tendrils of light lash out at everything around you. As you turn you catch something, a glimpse in the corner of your eye of what now stood between you and Melissa...

Perception DC 25 to get details~

However it is then you hear that same voice, the one that roared at you to awaken when the Lysida was about to impale you. "FIGHT AND RETURN!"

Then everything vanished in a burst of light, you were sent cartwheeling into a place of flashing light and blinding speed. Your bow was still in your hand as you hammered back into existence once more. A thundering boom announcing your arrival in a place you could not recognize. Your appearance sent four unknown creatures flying back into their brethren, followed by a pained gasp from behind you. Where a four armed wolf looking humanoid hung pinned to the wall like a crucified.

You detected evil before you, the creature hanging from the wall detected as nothing at all and a group of humanoids. Seven in all detected as nothing as well. All of which were fighitng against the onslaught of enemies that appeared to be pressing towards the creature pinned to the wall and towards the group, who apparently had a minotaur like brute at the head of them, as this evil enemy tried to overwhelm them.

The four heading to Ga'Tul are knocked compoletely prone.

Every enemy in the room is Stunned for one round! PARTy MAY ACT AGAIN!

Party!

The entire room is blinded, shockingly none of your are affected, as something appeared to br the traitors way to Ga'Tul. Sending the mongrelmen deathguard flying back. Ga'Tul hit by the sudden entrance as well, whimpers at the sudden appearance of of a Paladin in shining armor with their bow drawn.

AS said above... PARTY IS UP!


Melissa's wry smile turns into a genuine one as she taps your left leg with what could only be an invisble blade. "Your far quicker then thos last six were, caught me bloody well by surprise." She nods and waves you past. "Glad your with us yet, get ya gear and lets kick the s%~@te out of these traitors."

They are quiet as you suit up, giving you ample time to pull on your gear and strap on your equipment. The fighting in the halls sounds like it has intensified, screams of agony echo up the halls. Loud enough to make the hairs rise on the back of your neck..

Melissa readies her blade along with the three Lucerne Hammer wielders, it takes you a moment to understand why but as you still your movement you hear it...

Clap

Hooves on stone...

Cloop, Clap

Heavy hooves on stone.

You finish strapping on your weapons just as the quiet in the armor shatters completely. Something tore its way into the world, something large and powerful appeared out of nowhere. Directly behind your companions. Before you could shout, before they could even turn it raised its flaming axe opening its goatlike muzzle and blasted them with hellfire. Catching all four of them completely unawares. the three woman with Lucerne Hammers burned where they stood. Melissa somehow avoided the worst of it. (...)

DC 15 K: PLanes check to identify.

Standing just over seven feet tall, this bestial humanoid wears filthy, tattered robes and has blue-gray skin decorated with strange, coiling stripes. Dark fur grows on its head and arms, and its feet end in burning hooves. Its eyes glow as red as the flaming axe it wields in one hand, and its breath fills the surrounding air with noxious gray smoke. It tries to raise its axe and encounters the armory wall, before it can recover Melissa climbs over her dying companions and impales it with her blade. She screams as the demons hot blood sears her flesh before she can pull away.

As she yanks the blade free the demon begins to crumble into ash, desintegrating so quickly that soon you can see its bones as they too turn to dust before your eyes. Stunned as you are Melissa grabs your hand and drags you out of the now burning armory. "We have to go!"

She abandons her shield, useless as it wsa now that it was melting into a glob of molten metal from the demons blood. She pulls you towards the barracks, intent on joining the commanders squad there. Your hopes are dashed as you both arrive and find that several of the same type of demons had beaten you there...

Backing the traitors as they were you could see that the possibly even fight had turned into a slaughter. There in the center of her amassed enemies and demonic host stood Talgia, a damaged halberd in her hands now. Fending them all off by swinging the weapon in a wide arc, spilling the guts of one foolish traitor as they stepped into her expert swing. As she twirls she sees you both standing in the doorway.

She mouthes something, tears streaming down her face as teh encircled demons each open their maws...

Perception DC 15 to hear what she said.

... Unleashing a four pronged attack of immense fire on the unarmored Paladin Commander. Before they were even finished burning her alive she slumped to her knees, using the burning Halberd for support.

As they stopped, her corpse still a burning wreckage of her once beautiful self, they notice you and turn with a scream of rage. The remaining traitors reform behindthe advancing goat demons as their burning hooves and weapons make short work of the furniture between them and their intended victims. One of them smirks as it kicks Talgia over in its passing. "Wretched mortal." It sneered as it stomped past her, twirling its axe as it focused on you.

Melissa, not letting the moment freeze her turns away. Slamming the door in the oncoming enemies facebefore trying to make her eway down the hall. However it was pointless. The same hammering sound, a sudden dark flash of movement and the demons had you surrounded two on each end of the long hall you stood in. Melissa goes back to back with you. Yelling an order you could no longer hear.

For a long moment you stood there, mechanically drawing your bow and unleashing arrows fruitlessly at the oncoming demons. Watching as they were deflected with ease as they closed the short distance between you. The door to your right started to rattle as dual headed halberds slammed into it, the traitors intent on breaking the now stuck door down to get to you.

Everything was lost.

You hear Melissa clash with the demons just as the ones in front of you reach where you are standing. They raise their weapon and your eyes go wide.

You were going to die...

As it came down, you winced and then there was... nothing.

You open your eyes, everything appearing slowed and blurred save for what appeared to be tendrils of light that floated around you. Then a blur of light lashed out splitting one demon in half in the space of an instant, so qucikly you could hardly register it. The second opened its maw just a bredth befor its teeth were mashed in by a burst of light that sent it catapulting down the hallway.

The door the traitors were trying to cut through is suddenly knocked inward, sending them all flying back as the tendrils of light lash out at everything around you. As you turn you catch something, a glimpse in the corner of your eye of what now stood between you and Melissa...

Perception DC 25 to get details~

However it is then you hear that same voice, the one that roared at you to awaken when the Lysida was about to impale you. "FIGHT AND RETURN!"

Then everything vanished in a burst of light, you were sent cartwheeling into a place of flashing light and blinding speed. Your bow was still in your hand as you hammered back into existence once more. A thundering boom announcing your arrival in a place you could not recognize. Your appearance sent four unknown creatures flying back into their brethren, followed by a pained gasp from behind you. Where a four armed wolf looking humanoid hung pinned to the wall like a crucified.

You detected evil before you, the creature hanging from the wall detected as nothing at all and a group of humanoids. Seven in all detected as nothing as well. All of which were fighitng against the onslaught of enemies that appeared to be pressing towards the creature pinned to the wall and towards the group, who apparently had a minotaur like brute at the head of them, as this evil enemy tried to overwhelm them.

The four heading to Ga'Tul are knocked compoletely prone.

Every enemy in the room is Stunned for one round! PARTy MAY ACT AGAIN!

Party!

The entire room is blinded, shockingly none of your are affected, as something appeared to br the traitors way to Ga'Tul. Sending the mongrelmen deathguard flying back. Ga'Tul hit by the sudden entrance as well, whimpers at the sudden appearance of of a Paladin in shining armor with their bow drawn.

AS said above... PARTY IS UP!


Melissa's wry smile turns into a genuine one as she taps your left leg with what could only be an invisble blade. "Your far quicker then thos last six were, caught me bloody well by surprise." She nods and waves you past. "Glad your with us yet, get ya gear and lets kick the s@!#te out of these traitors."

They are quiet as you suit up, giving you ample time to pull on your gear and strap on your equipment. The fighting in the halls sounds like it has intensified, screams of agony echo up the halls. Loud enough to make the hairs rise on the back of your neck..

Melissa readies her blade along with the three Lucerne Hammer wielders, it takes you a moment to understand why but as you still your movement you hear it...

Clap

Hooves on stone...

Cloop, Clap

Heavy hooves on stone.

You finish strapping on your weapons just as the quiet in the armor shatters completely. Something tore its way into the world, something large and powerful appeared out of nowhere. Directly behind your companions. Before you could shout, before they could even turn it raised its flaming axe opening its goatlike muzzle and blasted them with hellfire. Catching all four of them completely unawares. the three woman with Lucerne Hammers burned where they stood. Melissa somehow avoided the worst of it. (...)

DC 15 K: PLanes check to identify.

Standing just over seven feet tall, this bestial humanoid wears filthy, tattered robes and has blue-gray skin decorated with strange, coiling stripes. Dark fur grows on its head and arms, and its feet end in burning hooves. Its eyes glow as red as the flaming axe it wields in one hand, and its breath fills the surrounding air with noxious gray smoke. It tries to raise its axe and encounters the armory wall, before it can recover Melissa climbs over her dying companions and impales it with her blade. She screams as the demons hot blood sears her flesh before she can pull away.

As she yanks the blade free the demon begins to crumble into ash, desintegrating so quickly that soon you can see its bones as they too turn to dust before your eyes. Stunned as you are Melissa grabs your hand and drags you out of the now burning armory. "We have to go!"

She abandons her shield, useless as it wsa now that it was melting into a glob of molten metal from the demons blood. She pulls you towards the barracks, intent on joining the commanders squad there. Your hopes are dashed as you both arrive and find that several of the same type of demons had beaten you there...

Backing the traitors as they were you could see that the possibly even fight had turned into a slaughter. There in the center of her amassed enemies and demonic host stood Talgia, a damaged halberd in her hands now. Fending them all off by swinging the weapon in a wide arc, spilling the guts of one foolish traitor as they stepped into her expert swing. As she twirls she sees you both standing in the doorway.

She mouthes something, tears streaming down her face as teh encircled demons each open their maws...

Perception DC 15 to hear what she said.

... Unleashing a four pronged attack of immense fire on the unarmored Paladin Commander. Before they were even finished burning her alive she slumped to her knees, using the burning Halberd for support.

As they stopped, her corpse still a burning wreckage of her once beautiful self, they notice you and turn with a scream of rage. The remaining traitors reform behindthe advancing goat demons as their burning hooves and weapons make short work of the furniture between them and their intended victims. One of them smirks as it kicks Talgia over in its passing. "Wretched mortal." It sneered as it stomped past her, twirling its axe as it focused on you.

Melissa, not letting the moment freeze her turns away. Slamming the door in the oncoming enemies facebefore trying to make her eway down the hall. However it was pointless. The same hammering sound, a sudden dark flash of movement and the demons had you surrounded two on each end of the long hall you stood in. Melissa goes back to back with you. Yelling an order you could no longer hear.

For a long moment you stood there, mechanically drawing your bow and unleashing arrows fruitlessly at the oncoming demons. Watching as they were deflected with ease as they closed the short distance between you. The door to your right started to rattle as dual headed halberds slammed into it, the traitors intent on breaking the now stuck door down to get to you.

Everything was lost.

You hear Melissa clash with the demons just as the ones in front of you reach where you are standing. They raise their weapon and your eyes go wide.

You were going to die...

As it came down, you winced and then there was... nothing.

You open your eyes, everything appearing slowed and blurred save for what appeared to be tendrils of light that floated around you. Then a blur of light lashed out splitting one demon in half in the space of an instant, so qucikly you could hardly register it. The second opened its maw just a bredth befor its teeth were mashed in by a burst of light that sent it catapulting down the hallway.

The door the traitors were trying to cut through is suddenly knocked inward, sending them all flying back as the tendrils of light lash out at everything around you. As you turn you catch something, a glimpse in the corner of your eye of what now stood between you and Melissa...

Perception DC 25 to get details~

However it is then you hear that same voice, the one that roared at you to awaken when the Lysida was about to impale you. "FIGHT AND RETURN!"

Then everything vanished in a burst of light, you were sent cartwheeling into a place of flashing light and blinding speed. Your bow was still in your hand as you hammered back into existence once more. A thundering boom announcing your arrival in a place you could not recognize. Your appearance sent four unknown creatures flying back into their brethren, followed by a pained gasp from behind you. Where a four armed wolf looking humanoid hung pinned to the wall like a crucified.

You detected evil before you, the creature hanging from the wall detected as nothing at all and a group of humanoids. Seven in all detected as nothing as well. All of which were fighitng against the onslaught of enemies that appeared to be pressing towards the creature pinned to the wall and towards the group, who apparently had a minotaur like brute at the head of them, as this evil enemy tried to overwhelm them.

The four heading to Ga'Tul are knocked compoletely prone.

Every enemy in the room is Stunned for one round! PARTy MAY ACT AGAIN!

Party!

The entire room is blinded, shockingly none of your are affected, as something appeared to br the traitors way to Ga'Tul. Sending the mongrelmen deathguard flying back. Ga'Tul hit by the sudden entrance as well, whimpers at the sudden appearance of of a Paladin in shining armor with their bow drawn.

[b]AS said above... PARTY IS UP!


Melissa's wry smile turns into a genuine one as she taps your left leg with what could only be an invisble blade. "Your far quicker then thos last six were, caught me bloody well by surprise." She nods and waves you past. "Glad your with us yet, get ya gear and lets kick the s#&#te out of these traitors."

They are quiet as you suit up, giving you ample time to pull on your gear and strap on your equipment. The fighting in the halls sounds like it has intensified, screams of agony echo up the halls. Loud enough to make the hairs rise on the back of your neck..

Melissa readies her blade along with the three Lucerne Hammer wielders, it takes you a moment to understand why but as you still your movement you hear it...

Clap

Hooves on stone...

Cloop, Clap

Heavy hooves on stone.

You finish strapping on your weapons just as the quiet in the armor shatters completely. Something tore its way into the world, something large and powerful appeared out of nowhere. Directly behind your companions. Before you could shout, before they could even turn it raised its flaming axe opening its goatlike muzzle and blasted them with hellfire. Catching all four of them completely unawares. the three woman with Lucerne Hammers burned where they stood. Melissa somehow avoided the worst of it. (...)

DC 15 K: PLanes check to identify.

Standing just over seven feet tall, this bestial humanoid wears filthy, tattered robes and has blue-gray skin decorated with strange, coiling stripes. Dark fur grows on its head and arms, and its feet end in burning hooves. Its eyes glow as red as the flaming axe it wields in one hand, and its breath fills the surrounding air with noxious gray smoke. It tries to raise its axe and encounters the armory wall, before it can recover Melissa climbs over her dying companions and impales it with her blade. She screams as the demons hot blood sears her flesh before she can pull away.

As she yanks the blade free the demon begins to crumble into ash, desintegrating so quickly that soon you can see its bones as they too turn to dust before your eyes. Stunned as you are Melissa grabs your hand and drags you out of the now burning armory. "We have to go!"

She abandons her shield, useless as it wsa now that it was melting into a glob of molten metal from the demons blood. She pulls you towards the barracks, intent on joining the commanders squad there. Your hopes are dashed as you both arrive and find that several of the same type of demons had beaten you there...

Backing the traitors as they were you could see that the possibly even fight had turned into a slaughter. There in the center of her amassed enemies and demonic host stood Talgia, a damaged halberd in her hands now. Fending them all off by swinging the weapon in a wide arc, spilling the guts of one foolish traitor as they stepped into her expert swing. As she twirls she sees you both standing in the doorway.

She mouthes something, tears streaming down her face as teh encircled demons each open their maws...

Perception DC 15 to hear what she said.

... Unleashing a four pronged attack of immense fire on the unarmored Paladin Commander. Before they were even finished burning her alive she slumped to her knees, using the burning Halberd for support.

As they stopped, her corpse still a burning wreckage of her once beautiful self, they notice you and turn with a scream of rage. The remaining traitors reform behindthe advancing goat demons as their burning hooves and weapons make short work of the furniture between them and their intended victims. One of them smirks as it kicks Talgia over in its passing. "Wretched mortal." It sneered as it stomped past her, twirling its axe as it focused on you.

Melissa, not letting the moment freeze her turns away. Slamming the door in the oncoming enemies facebefore trying to make her eway down the hall. However it was pointless. The same hammering sound, a sudden dark flash of movement and the demons had you surrounded two on each end of the long hall you stood in. Melissa goes back to back with you. Yelling an order you could no longer hear.

For a long moment you stood there, mechanically drawing your bow and unleashing arrows fruitlessly at the oncoming demons. Watching as they were deflected with ease as they closed the short distance between you. The door to your right started to rattle as dual headed halberds slammed into it, the traitors intent on breaking the now stuck door down to get to you.

Everything was lost.

You hear Melissa clash with the demons just as the ones in front of you reach where you are standing. They raise their weapon and your eyes go wide.

You were going to die...

As it came down, you winced and then there was... nothing.

You open your eyes, everything appearing slowed and blurred save for what appeared to be tendrils of light that floated around you. Then a blur of light lashed out splitting one demon in half in the space of an instant, so qucikly you could hardly register it. The second opened its maw just a bredth befor its teeth were mashed in by a burst of light that sent it catapulting down the hallway.

The door the traitors were trying to cut through is suddenly knocked inward, sending them all flying back as the tendrils of light lash out at everything around you. As you turn you catch something, a glimpse in the corner of your eye of what now stood between you and Melissa...

Perception DC 25 to get details~

However it is then you hear that same voice, the one that roared at you to awaken when the Lysida was about to impale you. "FIGHT AND RETURN!"

Then everything vanished in a burst of light, you were sent cartwheeling into a place of flashing light and blinding speed. Your bow was still in your hand as you hammered back into existence once more. A thundering boom announcing your arrival in a place you could not recognize. Your appearance sent four unknown creatures flying back into their brethren, followed by a pained gasp from behind you. Where a four armed wolf looking humanoid hung pinned to the wall like a crucified.

You detected evil before you, the creature hanging from the wall detected as nothing at all and a group of humanoids. Seven in all detected as nothing as well. All of which were fighitng against the onslaught of enemies that appeared to be pressing towards the creature pinned to the wall and towards the group, who apparently had a minotaur like brute at the head of them, as this evil enemy tried to overwhelm them.

The four heading to Ga'Tul are knocked completely prone.

Every enemy in the room is Stunned for one round! PARTy MAY ACT AGAIN!

Party!

The entire room is blinded, shockingly none of your are affected, as something appeared to br the traitors way to Ga'Tul. Sending the mongrelmen deathguard flying back. Ga'Tul hit by the sudden entrance as well, whimpers at the sudden appearance of of a Paladin in shining armor with their bow drawn.

[b]AS said above... PARTY IS UP!


Melissa's wry smile turns into a genuine one as she taps your left leg with what could only be an invisble blade. "Your far quicker then thos last six were, caught me bloody well by surprise." She nods and waves you past. "Glad your with us yet, get ya gear and lets kick the s@*#te out of these traitors."

They are quiet as you suit up, giving you ample time to pull on your gear and strap on your equipment. The fighting in the halls sounds like it has intensified, screams of agony echo up the halls. Loud enough to make the hairs rise on the back of your neck..

Melissa readies her blade along with the three Lucerne Hammer wielders, it takes you a moment to understand why but as you still your movement you hear it...

Clap

Hooves on stone...

Cloop, Clap

Heavy hooves on stone.

You finish strapping on your weapons just as the quiet in the armor shatters completely. Something tore its way into the world, something large and powerful appeared out of nowhere. Directly behind your companions. Before you could shout, before they could even turn it raised its flaming axe opening its goatlike muzzle and blasted them with hellfire. Catching all four of them completely unawares. the three woman with Lucerne Hammers burned where they stood. Melissa somehow avoided the worst of it. (...)

DC 15 K: PLanes check to identify.

Standing just over seven feet tall, this bestial humanoid wears filthy, tattered robes and has blue-gray skin decorated with strange, coiling stripes. Dark fur grows on its head and arms, and its feet end in burning hooves. Its eyes glow as red as the flaming axe it wields in one hand, and its breath fills the surrounding air with noxious gray smoke. It tries to raise its axe and encounters the armory wall, before it can recover Melissa climbs over her dying companions and impales it with her blade. She screams as the demons hot blood sears her flesh before she can pull away.

As she yanks the blade free the demon begins to crumble into ash, desintegrating so quickly that soon you can see its bones as they too turn to dust before your eyes. Stunned as you are Melissa grabs your hand and drags you out of the now burning armory. "We have to go!"

She abandons her shield, useless as it wsa now that it was melting into a glob of molten metal from the demons blood. She pulls you towards the barracks, intent on joining the commanders squad there. Your hopes are dashed as you both arrive and find that several of the same type of demons had beaten you there...

Backing the traitors as they were you could see that the possibly even fight had turned into a slaughter. There in the center of her amassed enemies and demonic host stood Talgia, a damaged halberd in her hands now. Fending them all off by swinging the weapon in a wide arc, spilling the guts of one foolish traitor as they stepped into her expert swing. As she twirls she sees you both standing in the doorway.

She mouthes something, tears streaming down her face as teh encircled demons each open their maws...

Perception DC 15 to hear what she said.

... Unleashing a four pronged attack of immense fire on the unarmored Paladin Commander. Before they were even finished burning her alive she slumped to her knees, using the burning Halberd for support.

As they stopped, her corpse still a burning wreckage of her once beautiful self, they notice you and turn with a scream of rage. The remaining traitors reform behindthe advancing goat demons as their burning hooves and weapons make short work of the furniture between them and their intended victims. One of them smirks as it kicks Talgia over in its passing. "Wretched mortal." It sneered as it stomped past her, twirling its axe as it focused on you.

Melissa, not letting the moment freeze her turns away. Slamming the door in the oncoming enemies facebefore trying to make her eway down the hall. However it was pointless. The same hammering sound, a sudden dark flash of movement and the demons had you surrounded two on each end of the long hall you stood in. Melissa goes back to back with you. Yelling an order you could no longer hear.

For a long moment you stood there, mechanically drawing your bow and unleashing arrows fruitlessly at the oncoming demons. Watching as they were deflected with ease as they closed the short distance between you. The door to your right started to rattle as dual headed halberds slammed into it, the traitors intent on breaking the now stuck door down to get to you.

Everything was lost.

You hear Melissa clash with the demons just as the ones in front of you reach where you are standing. They raise their weapon and your eyes go wide.

You were going to die...

As it came down, you winced and then there was... nothing.

You open your eyes, everything appearing slowed and blurred save for what appeared to be tendrils of light that floated around you. Then a blur of light lashed out splitting one demon in half in the space of an instant, so qucikly you could hardly register it. The second opened its maw just a bredth befor its teeth were mashed in by a burst of light that sent it catapulting down the hallway.

The door the traitors were trying to cut through is suddenly knocked inward, sending them all flying back as the tendrils of light lash out at everything around you. As you turn you catch something, a glimpse in the corner of your eye of what now stood between you and Melissa...

Perception DC 25 to get details~

However it is then you hear that same voice, the one that roared at you to awaken when the Lysida was about to impale you. "FIGHT AND RETURN!"

Then everything vanished in a burst of light, you were sent cartwheeling into a place of flashing light and blinding speed. Your bow was still in your hand as you hammered back into existence once more. A thundering boom announcing your arrival in a place you could not recognize. Your appearance sent four unknown creatures flying back into their brethren, followed by a pained gasp from behind you. Where a four armed wolf looking humanoid hung pinned to the wall like they were being crucified.


posts not showing up...


please refer to Seraph's post. Sorry for the confusion...


Stats: HP 27/27; AC 14, touch 12, Flat Footed 12; CMD 14; Fort +3, Reflex +3, Will +8; Perception +; Initiative +42

Ethyra lays her hand against Jaeger's back and gives him a bit of Desna's luck. "May Desna's luck guide your strike and curse theirs!"

Useing bit of luck roll all D20 rolls take take the best


Stats: HP 33/33; AC 21, touch 17, Flat Footed 13; CMD 20; Fort +5, Reflex +7, Will +2; Perception +7; Initiative +4;

Misdirection: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Misdirection: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Incisive Strike: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Incisive Strike: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 :(

"Nice entrance, but if ju wit da rest des mooks you drop jus da same. Don't worry I haven't forgotten about you."
Jaeger says with a grin as he slashes deep into the Mongrelman in front of him.


Female Half-Orc Sacred servant/OoV paladin 3 HP39/39 AC15/12/13 CMD:20 CMB+8 Init:+2 Perception:+4, Fort:+11 Ref+12Will+10 Smite:1/1 LOH2/5:1d6+2

Knowledge: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Jen looks down at her hands, shock still evident on her face along with the soot of her burning citadel, demonic war cries still ringing in her head.
"Where.. where am I? What on earth were those?"
She states in despondent confusion despair and rage running circles in her mind.
Seeing the creatures in front of her prone and the four handed one behind her she draws her glaive and assumes a defending stance before the crucified creature looking to the downed creatures"I don't know the nature of this battle but I will say now cease or by the maiden I will strike you down."
Hopefully I don't fail this time as well...

14 hour shift, way too tired to post something interesting right now. mostly throwing one up so I can get information about the previous events.
Combat is drawing melee weapon, dropping bow. holding action for if/when the bad guys decide to ignore me and attack the multi-werewolf behind me. Much chopping.

For if/when it becomes relevant
Prepared action attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 161d10 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
She would target one of the prone ones next to her if a 5ft step and a reach weapon would put her in range. (which would add +4 to her roll.) High chance of an AOO somewhere but I'll roll it in the next round post if I get one.


(F) Aasimar (Agathion blooded) Sorceress (Silver Dragon bloodline) 3

Seeing her opponent stunned, Lasciel grabs the scroll Ethyra had handed her and rapidly chants the words on it unleashing a burst of color that washes over the fallen enemies.

Colorspray on the ones fallen in front of Jen (as many as possible)


Lasciel's color spray!

Six enemies are caught in your spells AoE

Six of the Traitorous Deathguard's are caught in a spray of rainbow colors that catch them off guard as most lay prone on the ground!

Will Save DC 13 Deathguards +1: 6d20 ⇒ (1, 11, 9, 7, 2, 2) = 32

Well color me interested! All 6 FAILED!

2 HD or less: The creature is unconscious, blinded, and stunned for 2d4 rounds, then blinded and stunned for 1d4 rounds, and then stunned for 1 round. (Only living creatures are knocked unconscious.)

2d4 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6 Unconcious , Blinded and Stunned
1d4 ⇒ 1 Blinded and Stunned
1 = 1 Stunned
Total rounds incapacitated... 8 LMAO

All six fallunder the effects of Lasciel's spell, laying completely unconcious on the ground a few feet from the newcomer.

Ga'Tul chuckles darkly at the turn of events as Ifri, a scaly looking minotaur roars in anger at the back of the enemy lines. "IDIOTS! KILL THEM, FORGET GA'TUL!" The Deathguards mill about confused as Ifri's order suddenly changes.

Lomar's sudden strike brings another Deathguard to their knees, followed by his increasingly dark laughter.

Cid steps back and thumps the Deathguard who had been swinging at him before with a crossbow bolt to the throat. Dropping them as he quickly reloaded.

Kieran doesn't fare so well, smashing his opponent but failing to drop them. The enemy counterattack topples the raging fighter with three consecutive attacks.

Seren shouts as Kieran falls, bringing her weapon to bear in an attack of opportunity and dropping Kieran's badly injured opponent. Slaying them outright as the thick arterial spray spells their quick death...

Seren successfully knocks another opponent down before four advance on her and smash her as well into the floor with heavy blows...

Tawn'Garth's axe cuts down two of Seren's enemies before she whirls and makes a step towards Ifri. She spins her two handed axe as her bovine tail whips in rage. "I should have killed you in the catacombs bastard. Every hair harmed on my childrens head will be met with a thousand days of pain for you! I will cut you down a knuckle at a time TRAITOR!"

Ifri snarls at the advancing Tawn'Garth. "We will see who comes out on top!" He was smug despite the heavy losses his forces had already taken...

Rolls to come, once I get this damn map working. :/


Map, test to see if it works~~

Will add character pics tomorrow, have a church event. Replacing those faucets was pure bs... Never trust contractors (is one in the oil field.) they are right tricky short cutters...


The Remaining Deathgaurds, including the Scorpian wielders and Ifri. Spend their turn recovering their weapons.

The group that Lasciel struck with the spell remain unconcious (5 rounds remaining).

The amassed group moving to flank Ethyra, Jaeger and the rest spend their turn picking up their weapons and shields that they dropped in their stunned state.

11d20 + 1 ⇒ (1, 16, 4, 4, 4, 12, 10, 8, 13, 3, 10) + 1 = 86

It doesn't take much to notice but several of the Deathguards appear unsure, even downright reluctant to press forward as they recover their weapons. So much so that Ifri roars at one of the Scorpian wielders as the heavy crossbowman doesn't open fire after recovering their weapon...

Back around to the party! You guys are up!


Stats: HP 27/27; AC 14, touch 12, Flat Footed 12; CMD 14; Fort +3, Reflex +3, Will +8; Perception +; Initiative +42

Ethyra pulls out a scroll from a case at her side. It unfurls with a snap she activates the spell she had penned herself. "Turn their luck and curse their steps."

USing scroll to cast bane cenrtered tov hit as many of them as possible, Lasciel I do beleive cause fear is needed.


Female Half-Orc Sacred servant/OoV paladin 3 HP39/39 AC15/12/13 CMD:20 CMB+8 Init:+2 Perception:+4, Fort:+11 Ref+12Will+10 Smite:1/1 LOH2/5:1d6+2

Jen looks on as the crush of foes move, she considers for a moment and then makes her decision
" I know not what is going on here but I'll be damned to the shadows before I end up useless again! By the Unyielding rose! she cries as she flips another chakram off her wrist Flinging it at the commander. Ifri
Declare smite, Free action (take hand off glaive) move action (retrieve chakram) Standard action(attack) Free action place hand back on glaive
Smiting chakram: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 10 - 2 = 241d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
If the commander turns out to not be evil then its 20 to hit, 10 damage. (she also know as Redeemers can chose to deal subdual damage to smite targets and is choosing to, if he bleeds he ain't evil either.
pretty sure I'm far off enough to require a range penalty with chakrams 30ft. though he might be closer and the map isn't updated yet. Meh.


Stats: HP 33/33; AC 21, touch 17, Flat Footed 13; CMD 20; Fort +5, Reflex +7, Will +2; Perception +7; Initiative +4;

Round 3(?), Init Party, Altitude ' AC 19, HP 11/11
Buffs: Bless

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 3 Sigh

"Well I guess dat mean she wid us fo now?" Jaeger says as the newcomer throws a chakram at Ifri. No longer having an opponent within reach he does the only thing he can do. He rushes the closest traitor.


Lasciel to post before we continue! :D

851 to 900 of 1,130 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dm Corerue's Wrath of the Righteous! The Worldwound Incrusion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.