Dm Corerue's Wrath of the Righteous! The Worldwound Incursion

Game Master Corerue

Mongrel Lair


251 to 300 of 1,130 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Female Aasimar Paladin 1 (Hit Points: Current 12, Total 12; Initiative -1; Perception +0)

"Right, um, yeah."

I give Cid a cautious look, then seem to make up my mind, "Obviously, we have another highly competent member of our group."

I follow that up more quietly, "Cid, do you want to check that she has killed the snake you were talking about, and not just one of its brood?"


Stats: HP 33/33; AC 21, touch 17, Flat Footed 13; CMD 20; Fort +5, Reflex +7, Will +2; Perception +7; Initiative +4;

Jaeger shrugs his shoulders as he steps forwards and pulls his knife from the snakes body. With another shrug he lifts the snakes body over his shoulder and brings it tithe rest ofthe group. "Here, I though maybe you could use the body for something. Maybe cut up the meat if we end up needing extra food." He says handing the carcass off to Cid.


Anevia limps back over with the elf in tow. "Apologies for the scare but I am not as useless as I look, unlike. Some..." Horgus glares at her as she continues speaking. "Besides I saw my chance when he knifed it, bugger was pretty injured already. Luckily Jaeger is good at tossin'." She recovers the bolt heads and wipes them off before putting them in her bag.

"So what's the plan ladies and gents we restin a bit or pressing on?"


(F) Aasimar (Agathion blooded) Sorceress (Silver Dragon bloodline) 3

"I'd say press on," Lasciel says with a smile. "We can still make quite a bit of ground and figure out how far down we are."


Female Aasimar Paladin 1 (Hit Points: Current 12, Total 12; Initiative -1; Perception +0)

Seeing that this has come to a happy conclusion, I nod to Anevia and Jaeger, "Thank you."

Then I head on down the corridor to see whatever the snake was set before.
perception: 1d20 ⇒ 3


Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 RAGING!!! HP 9/20; AC 16, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 20; Fort +9, Reflex +3, Will +6; Perception +7; Initiative +4; Rage [7/8]

Kieran lowers his spear, puffing out yet another disappointed sigh. "Y'said 'its size couldn't be understated' eh, Cid," he says as he passes by the drow. "All due respect, bud, but I f$+&in' disagree." He gives Cid a quick pat on the shoulder, chuckles softly and continues on towards Anevia and her reluctent pet elf, his smile growing with each step.

"Y'got no need t'apologize, miss. I fear I underestimated ya." He measures Anevia for a moment and continues, "Y'know, ya remind me a my sister."

"Ain't that right, Cid? Don't she remind you a' Myra?"

"You're tougher than y'look n' it ain't a performance. I like you. I got a jacket you could toss on if yer looking fer a bit a protection. Other than that, you let me know if y'need anythin n' I'll do what I can. K?" He gives her a tap on the shoulder, the same motion he had given Cid a few seconds before.

Diplomacy (make friends!): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

He's wearing an armored coat over his scalemail. He is offering her the coat if she's not already wearing armor.

He turns attention to Aravashnial, "Yer in good hands, old man. Good hands, hehehe!"

Then looking to Lasciel, fully aware of Lomar's hardened gaze, "Ay. Lets do as the lass says. Already wasted 'nuff time over this giant snake business."

He then follows Seren's lead down the next branch of tunnels.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


Stats: HP 27/27; AC 14, touch 12, Flat Footed 12; CMD 14; Fort +3, Reflex +3, Will +8; Perception +; Initiative +42

Happy to see Jaeger returns she quickly makes her way over to his side. She gawks at the dead snake’s body and imagines what kind of food they could make out of it. Hearing her husband’s proposal on eating the snake she shivers for a moment. “Well, why don’t we just pack that away for later eh Jaeger? Hopefully we won’t have to eat this my love” She searches her brain for recipes, ‘lets see’ she says to herself, ‘snake croquets…snake sandwich…roasted snake with a side of asparagus?’ she suddenly began to feel sick. “Just glad we are all alive” Ethyra looks over at Anevia then down at her broken leg whilst saying this.


Stats: HP 33/33; AC 21, touch 17, Flat Footed 13; CMD 20; Fort +5, Reflex +7, Will +2; Perception +7; Initiative +4;

Unable to resist Jaeger raises an eyebrow. "But why my love? I'm sure we could come up with some absolutely delectable dishes for this. I mean it can't be worse than that brown stew they serve at the wall." He says remembering the time he convinced Ethyra to come with him to the slums as he practiced balance on the dilapidated buildings.


Stats: HP 27/27; AC 14, touch 12, Flat Footed 12; CMD 14; Fort +3, Reflex +3, Will +8; Perception +; Initiative +42
Jaeger di Angelo wrote:
Unable to resist Jaeger raises an eyebrow. "But why my love? I'm sure we could come up with some absolutely delectable dishes for this. I mean it can't be worse than that brown stew they serve at the wall." He says remembering the time he convinced Ethyra to come with him to the slums as he practiced balance on the dilapidated buildings.

Now any scrap of breakfast was playing peek-a-boo with her tonsils. Her eyes widened as if the mention of the memory was a painful betrayal from Jaeger. She gulped hard,"any-thing" she swallows hard again "anything but that!". The smell of the pungent,oily brown stew came back to her memory. The foamy consistency laced with the tough meat loaded with an overbearing gamey aroma. She remembered how she added onion in hopes of killing the taste but only ended with a bad night where she didn't know which end to stick on the privy first. Roasted snake sounded delicious now.


Stats: HP 33/33; AC 21, touch 17, Flat Footed 13; CMD 20; Fort +5, Reflex +7, Will +2; Perception +7; Initiative +4;

Jaeger puts on his most innocent look he has. As if unaware what he has done.

Bluff: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11


Stats: HP 27/27; AC 14, touch 12, Flat Footed 12; CMD 14; Fort +3, Reflex +3, Will +8; Perception +; Initiative +42
Jaeger di Angelo wrote:

Jaeger puts on his most innocent look he has. As if unaware what he has done.

[dice=Bluff]1d20+10

"Oh sweetie" she grins menacingly at him, "Ill make sure that when we cook this lovely snake that you get the greasy tripe at the bottom of the pot"


Stats: HP 33/33; AC 21, touch 17, Flat Footed 13; CMD 20; Fort +5, Reflex +7, Will +2; Perception +7; Initiative +4;

"Can't wait." He says with cheeky smile. He then slips behind her and wraps his arms around her.


Female Aasimar Paladin 1 (Hit Points: Current 12, Total 12; Initiative -1; Perception +0)

I shake my head and smile at the lovers' banter, "Find a good enough chef and anything can be tasty. Sadly, that Cook isn't me.

I look around as I walk, Anyone here handy with a skillet?"


Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 RAGING!!! HP 9/20; AC 16, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 20; Fort +9, Reflex +3, Will +6; Perception +7; Initiative +4; Rage [7/8]
Seren Tyddewi wrote:
"Anyone here handy with a skillet?"

”Not much b’sides crackin’ one on the table, gettin’ the boys to settle down fer dinner,” Kieran answers. ”Lenore does mosta the better cookin’. Me, I got simple tastes. I’d jus skin the bugger, jam it with a skewer n’ burn it till the meat’s cooked. Ain’t what you’d eat in the tavern but a meal’s a meal, ay? I got some travelin’ rations so I ain’t worried ‘bout how you folks wanna eat it. Course, if nobody’s wantin’ it…”


Male Drow Demon Hunter [Ninja/Ranger]

"I was unsure as to the kivvil's exposure to viper within the caverns... it's danger was embellished for caution."

Cid's egocentric culture refuses to admit he misjudged the snake's size Besides, Cori said it was large! ;)

"Kieran is a fine enough cook. Still, I feel we may only beg the debris to descend upon us should we stay here much longer."

Cid looks toward the love-birds...

Strange kivvil... such affections would be punishable in the Underdark... why hasn't the male been enslaved yet?


Oh it is large roughly 10~ ft in length but it had been previously injured lol. Posts coming later today sorry for the wait everyone. Home has Been eventful sadly. :/


Once you guys get squared away, let me know if you spend the night there cooking or if you continue forward.

1d100 ⇒ 50

Look at spoiler below only if you press on.

The Long Road Ahead...:

After traveling the winding route from where you encountered the wounded viper for about 1,900 feet (at a speed of 15 feet through the rough cavern passages, this takes about 25 minutes to navigate), you all reach the tunnel’s end at a junction. To the north, a 5-foot wide opening in the wall leads into a cave filled with soft but nasty-looking green light—the tunnel itself continues south beyond this toward another area.

A single sizable 20-foot-tall building remains in the center of
this 30-foot-high cave, a bunker-like structure with no windows
and walls of worked stone blocks. A 10-foot-long carving of a
hammer decorates the building’s facade. The ruins of collapsed
outbuildings stand to either side.

Please give me a marching order again please, also keep track of your light sources and deduct time from them as necessary please.


Female Aasimar Paladin 1 (Hit Points: Current 12, Total 12; Initiative -1; Perception +0)

We're unhurt and full on magic. We press on, surely.

Cid, it's the Darklands, underdark is from Forgotten Realms.


(F) Aasimar (Agathion blooded) Sorceress (Silver Dragon bloodline) 3

"Yes, let's move on shall we?"


Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 RAGING!!! HP 9/20; AC 16, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 20; Fort +9, Reflex +3, Will +6; Perception +7; Initiative +4; Rage [7/8]

I'm pretty sure Seren was heading the group up to this point. Kieran is a couple steps behind her. Can't say for sure how the rest of our little train is lined up.

Kieran stops at the crossroads, leans on his spear and tucks a thumb into his belt. He looks north to the cavern pulsing pale green light, then south to the out of place building. "The f&+* y'think that is?" he asks the group in regards to the structure.

Perception (North): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Perception (South): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

"Split the group, check both paths n' meet back 'ere ina bit?"

K is attached to Lasciel's Light spells so he'll have to stay relatively close to her. Sorry, Lomar ;-). Horgus has two torches for the NPC's.

Seren Tyddewi wrote:
Cid, it's the Darklands, underdark is from Forgotten Realms.

I've been mixing the two up also. Underdark just sounds so ominous and wonderful! The Underdark... *chills*


Male Drow Demon Hunter [Ninja/Ranger]

Yeah, I know. I say Underdark because I like that name better. I figured it's no biggy. Just synonyms.

I will follow behind Kieran if that works.

K-Dungeoneering to identify possible sources of the green light: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

"I suppose a quick investigation is not unwarranted."


Female Aasimar Paladin 1 (Hit Points: Current 12, Total 12; Initiative -1; Perception +0)

I cautiously lead the way,"take care with the light, perhaps one of our magic users can identify it from a distance?"


Okay got a map ready to go and also some rolls needed from you all. Map If you make a modification hit enter and then repost the link.

Cid Only:

You recognize the light easily, having discovered such a sight before. This place is cursed however curses vary and without magic you won't be able to identify what hangs over this place...

Religion DC 10:

The Hammer symbol is identified as a the Symbol of the Dwarven God Torag.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

The moment you press into the courtyard of this massive cavern the angry buzzing sound of several insects fills the cavern. The sound rebounds and echoes making it hard to tell exactly how many foes you are actually facing...

Roll Initiative!

Ini for ???: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23


Female Aasimar Paladin 1 (Hit Points: Current 12, Total 12; Initiative -1; Perception +0)

knowledge (religion): 1d20 ⇒ 14

Bit of an oversight for a paladin. I'm going to have to put some ranks in that at next level.

"The symbol of Torag! Perhaps some lost Dwarven outpost?"

initative: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19


(F) Aasimar (Agathion blooded) Sorceress (Silver Dragon bloodline) 3

Initiatives
Lasciel1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Lormar1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


Stats: HP 33/33; AC 21, touch 17, Flat Footed 13; CMD 20; Fort +5, Reflex +7, Will +2; Perception +7; Initiative +4;

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Stats: HP 27/27; AC 14, touch 12, Flat Footed 12; CMD 14; Fort +3, Reflex +3, Will +8; Perception +; Initiative +42

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


Male Drow Demon Hunter [Ninja/Ranger]

Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Stats: HP 33/33; AC 21, touch 17, Flat Footed 13; CMD 20; Fort +5, Reflex +7, Will +2; Perception +7; Initiative +4;

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

"Ya hear dat? Sounds like dey send'n out the welcoming committee." Jaeger says casually leaning on Abyssion. "It'd be a shame t'disappoint them, eh mes amis?" The tiefling says as smile spreads across his face.


Male Drow Demon Hunter [Ninja/Ranger]

"Yes, we will need magic to accurately identify it. It is unknown to me what exactly it is but it is certainly cursed. We'll slay more dinner and then investigate uninterrupted." Cid draws one of his wakizashi and prepares for battle.


Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 RAGING!!! HP 9/20; AC 16, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 20; Fort +9, Reflex +3, Will +6; Perception +7; Initiative +4; Rage [7/8]

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Stats: HP 33/33; AC 21, touch 17, Flat Footed 13; CMD 20; Fort +5, Reflex +7, Will +2; Perception +7; Initiative +4;

What awaits our heroes? What is the strange green glow, what is the strange buzzing sound, and will Kieran and Lomar ever get along? Find out on the next exciting episode of Wrath of the Righteous!


Posts will be starting tomorrow, trying to get acclimated to being back early and on nights with a head cold... Blargh. :( Sorry again for the wait. Nyquil induced coma is no fun.


Stats: HP 33/33; AC 21, touch 17, Flat Footed 13; CMD 20; Fort +5, Reflex +7, Will +2; Perception +7; Initiative +4;

Tomorrow 0_0 that's like one whole day!!! 0_–


Round 1!

Updated Map

Giant flies rise off the structure and assail the first to dare set foot in the faint green light of the cavern.

One Attacks Seren!
Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Fail - Crit Regular Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
DC 14 Fort Save Please!

One Attacks Cid!
Bite Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

One Attacks Jaeger!
Bite Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
DC 14 Fort Save Please!

Confirm Seren - Fail: 1d20 ⇒ 5

???: 1d4 ⇒ 4

The fourth bug flies out of sight as it's fellows tear into the invaders of their cavern home. Both Jaeger and Seren are savaged by their opponents. Being bitten by these oversized bugs carried the risk of infection from whatever disease they could be carrying as well...

Enemy Stats:

AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 10 (+3 Dex)
hp 15
hp 21
Hp 17
Hp 19


Initiative
Bugs
Party!


Stats: HP 33/33; AC 21, touch 17, Flat Footed 13; CMD 20; Fort +5, Reflex +7, Will +2; Perception +7; Initiative +4;

Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Move Action: MISDIRECTION: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 10 - 4 = 15
Assuming low wisdom? I hope
Standard: INCISIVE STRIKE: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Sword Art: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

"Get! Off!" Jaeger yells as Abyssion slashes horizontally causing the bug to dodge only to discover the feint as Jaeger quickly spins the blade up and cuts down with both hands.


Directions on how to use the map are posted in OOC thread. Whenever you move or add something to the map. Make sure to hit enter and repaste the link in a URL tag to show the changes. :) Some of you are not on the map and may have to wait. Depending on your marching order (which i forgot) :( You may be close enough to take a shot at them. But buffing helps too. :)


Female Aasimar Paladin 1 (Hit Points: Current 12, Total 12; Initiative -1; Perception +0)

fortitude save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Female Aasimar Paladin 1 (Hit Points: Current 12, Total 12; Initiative -1; Perception +0)

Without room to manoeuvre, I drop my glaive, will I ever get to use it? draw my sword and stab at the creature to my left.

power attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Stats: HP 27/27; AC 14, touch 12, Flat Footed 12; CMD 14; Fort +3, Reflex +3, Will +8; Perception +; Initiative +42

Ethyra suddenly feels the world slow down and every sound tune out into a low hum. She could feel her heart in her throat and a cold sweat graced her brow. Seeing her husband injured by the creature was more than she could handle. In her mind she screamed a prayer to her goddess that was filled with both devastation and panick. She prayed that her beloved be spared. Then a silence engulfed her mind and she could see soft white flashes. 'Desna' the name echoes through her and rendered her into an extension of her goddess. She opens her eyes only to see ghostly tendrils flowing from her hands channeling healing energy to all around her. She silently mouthed the words "mend and be whole".

Using Selective Channel to ignore the bugs
1d6 ⇒ 5


The surge of holy energy is accompanied by a scream of outrage from within the temple proper. The vile shriek echoes through the cavern and down the tunnel, not a single party member missed it...

Anevia readies her crossbow, Horgus prays to his unanswering gods and the blind elf readies a spell while holding onto Anevia's shoulder.

4


Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 RAGING!!! HP 9/20; AC 16, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 20; Fort +9, Reflex +3, Will +6; Perception +7; Initiative +4; Rage [7/8]

Kieran rings his hands over his spear, "Make some g~!$!$n space," he tells those in front of him. "Urrhhh! Nevermind!" He barrels forward, past Jaeger and clumsily dances behind the fly. In a half-steadied hop, he plunges his spear at the creature's wiry haired abdomen.

Move: through Jaeger's square (assuming he allows it) and through the fly's; Standard: Attack flanked fly

Acrobatics vs CMD: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15
Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 = 13 flanking w/ Jaeger
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

*Link to updated map*


Stats: HP 33/33; AC 21, touch 17, Flat Footed 13; CMD 20; Fort +5, Reflex +7, Will +2; Perception +7; Initiative +4;

Did Kieran just steal my kill?!? I'm ignoring the fact it dropped half my hitpoints in one round. :)


Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 RAGING!!! HP 9/20; AC 16, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 20; Fort +9, Reflex +3, Will +6; Perception +7; Initiative +4; Rage [7/8]

I probably failed that acrobatics and provoked an AoO so we both have reason enough to want it dead :-)


The first of the four bugs screeched as it died, impaled on Kieran's mighty spear!

Enemies:

AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 10 (+3 Dex)
hp -5/15
hp 21
Hp 17
Hp 19

Updated, Shrunk bug is downed bug, space counts as rough terrain (because they are big bugs)


Stats: HP 33/33; AC 21, touch 17, Flat Footed 13; CMD 20; Fort +5, Reflex +7, Will +2; Perception +7; Initiative +4;

"Eh, who invited you to dis party? Me an da bug were just gittin ta know each other." Jaeger says to Kieran after he barrels past spearing the fly.


(F) Aasimar (Agathion blooded) Sorceress (Silver Dragon bloodline) 3

Botting Lormar.

Stepping into the choke point, the warlock sends a bolt of swirling molten fire streaking past the dark elf towards the giant fly.

Ranged touch1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + (3) = 6 Half damage is fire


Male Drow Demon Hunter [Ninja/Ranger]

Attack Bug directly in front of me: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14DMG: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 RAGING!!! HP 9/20; AC 16, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 20; Fort +9, Reflex +3, Will +6; Perception +7; Initiative +4; Rage [7/8]
Jaeger di Angelo wrote:
"Eh, who invited you to dis party? Me an da bug were just gittin ta know each other."

"Bastard took a chunk outta you, now it's dead. What's more t'know?" Kieran replies simply as he tears his spear from the fly's stomach.

251 to 300 of 1,130 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dm Corerue's Wrath of the Righteous! The Worldwound Incrusion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.