Dm Corerue's Wrath of the Righteous! The Worldwound Incursion

Game Master Corerue

Mongrel Lair


801 to 850 of 1,130 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>

So Initiative is as followed.
Party
Tawn'Garth
Enemies
Mongrelmen Crusaders

The enemy have the cave ahead of you completely blocked off with their sheer numbers. Leaving only enough space for attacks to fight seven versus seven for now...


Party is up, no particular order needed!


Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 RAGING!!! HP 9/20; AC 16, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 20; Fort +9, Reflex +3, Will +6; Perception +7; Initiative +4; Rage [7/8]

"The f@@!'s goin' on!?"


Female Aasimar Paladin 1 (Hit Points: Current 12, Total 12; Initiative -1; Perception +0)
Kieran Crane wrote:
"The f$~$'s goin' on!?"

"Demons, demons in disguise. Destroy them."

I swing for whatever is nearest.

power attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
damage: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


Stats: HP 27/27; AC 14, touch 12, Flat Footed 12; CMD 14; Fort +3, Reflex +3, Will +8; Perception +; Initiative +42

Ethyra has a moment of panic when she hears the crossbows go off. Her fingers tighten on Jaeger's arm, she decides she might be blind in these dark tunnels but that doesn't mean she was helpless. She feels a warmth flow from where she had put the silver scale. The warmth flowed through her hand and into her husband.

Standard Action: Use Scale to cast Aid


(F) Aasimar (Agathion blooded) Sorceress (Silver Dragon bloodline) 3

"rəqs işıqlar" Lasciel whispers in Draconic summoning a host of bobbing lights to appear directly in front to the enemy warriors, illuminating the battlefield for Keiran.

Casts Dancing lights


Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 RAGING!!! HP 9/20; AC 16, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 20; Fort +9, Reflex +3, Will +6; Perception +7; Initiative +4; Rage [7/8]

Smiling at Lasciel after her spell cures his blindness, "Thanks, angel."

He grips his hammer in both hands marches a few paces in front of the sorceress. "I'll do what I can t'keep these bastards from gettin' by,"

Move: place Kieran between the enemy and Lasciel; Standard: Ready attack against any enemy who tries to pass him (use 5' step if needed)

Readied Power Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


Male Drow Demon Hunter [Ninja/Ranger]

Though his heart filled with rage at the sight of the demons, Cid's focus was uncanning. Tact would be needed to defeat such a cunning enemy.

Move: draw crossbow
Standard: fire at demon not in combat with anyone.
attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3


Stats: HP 33/33; AC 21, touch 17, Flat Footed 13; CMD 20; Fort +5, Reflex +7, Will +2; Perception +7; Initiative +4;

Round , Init , Altitude ' AC 19, HP 11/11 Temp HP: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Buffs: Aid

Read action if the close into melee
Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 5
Jaeger smiles as he feels the energy of Ethyra's spell infuse his body with strenght.

" Merci beaucoup bebelle, now den let's see.."

I wants to rush ahead but since everyone else is playing the wait and see game I don't want to get surround by a bunch of enemies I've been in the negatives one to many times now.


Arcana DC 17 for monster abilities:

Demon, Dretch

This creature's bloated frame shudders with each heaving step, yet despite its shape, the thing moves with surprising quickness.

AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 14 (+3 natural, +1 size)
hp 18 (2d10+7)
Fort +5, Ref +0, Will +3
DR 5/cold iron or good; Immune electricity, poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10, fire 10

Cid's crossbow bolt glances off the creatures skin, appearing to not have damaged the creature at all.

Kieran's hammer slams into his opponent and his efforts are rewarded by the sound of its collarbone cracking under the blow. Blood gushes from the torn skin from where the hammer had impacted the demonic creature. The creature now appeared badly injured.

7/18 HP

Tawn'Garth sweeps forward, with her greataxe in hand, and engages one of the deathguard traitors...

1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 12 - 4 = 11

Her axe grazes off the traitors armor, despite being attacked by the powerful minotaurkin the traitor appears unphased.

Perception DC 16:

Both of them appear so calm its... Unnatural.

Perception DC 20:

The dancing light reveals something slinking away behind the enemy lines, as you notice it however you notice the demons are particularly more focused on you...

Despite the interference the creatures press forward, invoking attacks of opportunity from Kieran as they try to reach the casters...

AoO's Kieran, Seren, Tawn'Garth

Tawn'Garth's Axe cleaved off the arm of one of the advancing demons, killing it where it stood.

Tawn AoO's: 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 12 - 4 = 16
1d12 + 8 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 8 + 4 = 23

Mongrelmen Crossbow's: 10d20 ⇒ (1, 2, 15, 13, 8, 2, 4, 13, 10, 4) = 72
10d10 ⇒ (10, 6, 8, 9, 7, 8, 3, 5, 1, 5) = 62

Lomar Eldritch blast: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
2d8 ⇒ (3, 5) = 8

Kieran's opponent dies in front of him as a blast of pure magical energy washes over it, reducing it to nothing but dust as Lomar smirks in the barbarian's direction.

5 opponents left, 3 demon creatures and 2 deathguard traitors.

The demons advanced to menace Lasciel and Ethyra, Jaegers sword slid across the skin of the demon that now threatened his wife. The bloated creatures moved with greater grace then expected and the Deathguards draw their shortswords and move to engage Tawn'Garth and Kieran.

Attack Lasciel - Hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Claw Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Attack Seren: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Attack Ethyra: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Crit Claw Damage: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 4) + 2 = 8`

Attack Tawn'Garth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Shortsword damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 4) + 4 = 13

Attack Kieran: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

In the dancing lights Lasciel is scratched by the demon that is menacing her, Ethyra is given a serious injury by her opponent as it attmepts to gut her and leaves a nasty gash across her stomach and torn clothes...

Kieran's opponent fights with all the visciousness that a Deathguard possess, he comes in and feints with his blade before coming around and slashing her across her thigh. Forcing the Minotaurkin on the defensive...

Back to the party! Your Initiative!
Damage Inflicted
Lasciel 3 Damage. Ethyra 8 damage.
Ethyra's opponent is seriously injured (two crossbow bolts jutting out of his skin)
Deathguard are still slightly injured.

Good Luck!


Stats: HP 33/33; AC 21, touch 17, Flat Footed 13; CMD 20; Fort +5, Reflex +7, Will +2; Perception +7; Initiative +4;

Misdirection: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Incisive Strike: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Seeing the demon tear into Ethyra Jaeger's eyes shift to a violen red. "Keep ja filthy claws off my wife!" He growls in abyssal as he savagely slashes into the Dretch's flesh.


Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 RAGING!!! HP 9/20; AC 16, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 20; Fort +9, Reflex +3, Will +6; Perception +7; Initiative +4; Rage [7/8]

"You slipp'ry little s&~$." Kieran steps in on the Deathguard that maneuvered past him, following through with a cross-swinging hammer.

Move/5' step to engage; Stadard: Power Attack

Power Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Noticing the figure just outside of Lasciel's evocation, "There's somethin' behind 'em! Hurry up n' kill these f#$&ers 'fore it gets away!"


Male Drow Demon Hunter [Ninja/Ranger]

arcana: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
perception dc 16: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
perception dc 20: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

I'm unsure if I am in combat with anyone or am close enough to be, but Cid will load a bolt and fire at the one he missed.

attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 dmg: 1d8 ⇒ 6


Stats: HP 27/27; AC 14, touch 12, Flat Footed 12; CMD 14; Fort +3, Reflex +3, Will +8; Perception +; Initiative +42

Ethyra gasps in pain as the creature's rake across her abdomen. She presses her hand to her stomach as she gasps out the words to a healing spell. She takes a step back as her flesh reknits itself.

5ft step
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


(F) Aasimar (Agathion blooded) Sorceress (Silver Dragon bloodline) 3

With a cry of pain, Lasciel's fingers become coated in tiny silver scales, razor sharp claws extending from their tips. In pain, she slashes wildly at the demon attacking her.

With Arcane strike. Attacks count as magic
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Female Aasimar Paladin 1 (Hit Points: Current 12, Total 12; Initiative -1; Perception +0)

perception: 1d20 ⇒ 17

power attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
damage: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


Female Aasimar Paladin 1 (Hit Points: Current 12, Total 12; Initiative -1; Perception +0)

"The creature in the shadows, is it controlling them?"

Any way to get by the mass and get a better look at that figure?


you can push by but you would incur a few AoO's in the process.


Food for thought. Having only 3:ranks in acrobatics increases your Fighting defensively a.c. bonus to +3 while it increases you full defense to +6. Also acrobatics is one way to avoid AoO's. Sometime.


Male Drow Demon Hunter [Ninja/Ranger]

"If the creature is controlling them, then we would be murderers. Target the dark figure and give our deathguards merciful blows."


Female Aasimar Paladin 1 (Hit Points: Current 12, Total 12; Initiative -1; Perception +0)

We can't be sure but they could be exploiting the vague nature of detect evil to make us destroy folk we should be saving. Good is more difficult, but more rewarding...

How many is 'a few' AoOs? And who from?


Stats: HP 33/33; AC 21, touch 17, Flat Footed 13; CMD 20; Fort +5, Reflex +7, Will +2; Perception +7; Initiative +4;

Yo may be good but I'm neutral. :) slay away


Two AoO from the death guards that are engaging kieran and Tawn. I assumed you were somewhere towards the middle to maximize your reach with your weapon. But if you try and flank fit or left you still encounter two AoOs one from death guard and a demon instead. They are effectively choking the tunnel with sheer numbers at this point. Will work on a map to make It more clear but everyone is effected with the same problem if they try and press ahead. now do they have combat reflexes... That's the question.

Also mistype on my part, kieran is fighting a death guard but he wasn't injured. His missed. The other got a crit on Tawn.


Sorry for the wait, will assume Seren isn't pressing past the enemy at this point and keep moving forward. Work has been hectic but I think my life at this point isn't going to get better or worse. Just a constant busy pace. Good and Bad. PLease let me know if you still intended to continue on. In the meantime I will get posts up in both games by tomorrow. Thanks!


Stats: HP 33/33; AC 21, touch 17, Flat Footed 13; CMD 20; Fort +5, Reflex +7, Will +2; Perception +7; Initiative +4;

Intending to continue?!? Must you ask?


(F) Aasimar (Agathion blooded) Sorceress (Silver Dragon bloodline) 3

Of course.


Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 RAGING!!! HP 9/20; AC 16, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 20; Fort +9, Reflex +3, Will +6; Perception +7; Initiative +4; Rage [7/8]

Let's dooooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiit!!! As long as they don't bleed out, I think we'll be morally sound :-)


Male Drow Demon Hunter [Ninja/Ranger]

Let us ice these mothers.


Apologies for the wait again, contract negotiations are coming to an end and they have me doing 18 hour days. Again. But if this proves to be the end its gonna be awesome!

Posts in 12 hours I promise, even setting a timer for sneak away from paperwork on computer time (lunch break :P). So we... er,. you can kill my poor poor DEFENSELESS demons. :P


Enemies

You all have flanking this round please include it in your attack bonuses.

Enemies left 2 (2 were removed from combat, Ethyra's is seriously injured. One is attacking Ethyra the other is attacking Seren.

Tawn'Garth seems to involved with the enemy before her and hacks the Deathguard down in a single bloody strike. He crumples, dying instantly from the Tawn's mighty strike.

The Demon attacking Lasciel goes down with six bolts in its chest, crumpling into dust before it hit the ground.

Kieran's blow smashes his Deathguard opponent into the ground, knocking them senseless and leaving the path forward mostly open.

The remaining demons continue to harasses the party...

Ethyra's ignores her husbands slashing at it, despite the serious injury he inflicted, and steps forward with its maw wide open and drooling as it bites and claws at her...

5ft step towards Ethyra
Two claws: 2d20 + 4 ⇒ (6, 12) + 4 = 22
Damage Claw 2: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

... Its first strike misses but the second strike connects, tearing up her clothing more and causing a nasty gash once again...

Seren's strike misses and gains the attention of the demon she hacked at, which moves towards her. However she is now in a position to flank...

5ft step towards Seren
Two claws: 2d20 + 4 ⇒ (18, 1) + 4 = 23
Damage Claw 2: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Fumble, first attack doesn't count...

It came at her powerfully but tripped over the fallen weapon of the deathguard Kieran smashed to the floor. It stumbled and what would have been a nasty strike passes harmlessly by Seren.

Party up!


Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 RAGING!!! HP 9/20; AC 16, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 20; Fort +9, Reflex +3, Will +6; Perception +7; Initiative +4; Rage [7/8]

Kieran takes a decisive step towards the demon attacking the aasimar valkyrie, reels his hammer overhead and attacks.

Move/5' step: get in flanking position Seren's attacker; Standard: Power Attack

Power Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 2 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10


Stats: HP 33/33; AC 21, touch 17, Flat Footed 13; CMD 20; Fort +5, Reflex +7, Will +2; Perception +7; Initiative +4;

Deadly Arc: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Damage: 2d10 + 12 ⇒ (8, 4) + 12 = 24

Jaeger steps up to the demon as it attacks Ethyra. A low growl emanates from his throat as he slams Abyssion through demonic flesh.


(F) Aasimar (Agathion blooded) Sorceress (Silver Dragon bloodline) 3

Lasciel lunges at the demon facing Seren, silver talons flashing through the darkness.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 Magic


Stats: HP 27/27; AC 14, touch 12, Flat Footed 12; CMD 14; Fort +3, Reflex +3, Will +8; Perception +; Initiative +42

If Jaeger killed the demon I'll move out of the general melee. if not 5ft step

Channel Energy: 1d8 ⇒ 4
Ignoring the enemy

Ethyra stumbles back and soothing waves flow from her as she whispers to Desna healing her own wounds and those of her friends.


Male Drow Demon Hunter [Ninja/Ranger]

I honestly do not know who I am attacking or where anyone or anything is.

Cid loads another bolt and aims for the most injured of the deceivers.

ATK: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15DMG: 1d8 ⇒ 6


Sorry Cid will make a map next time. Thought I could ad lib it but fate is working againstt me as of late.


Between Tawn'Garth, her men and your party the remaining demons are mopped up quickly. Jaegers blade ends the one attack Ethyra with a single brutal blow.

As the demons fade into dust there is only the last living Deathguard, currently unconscious and whatever it was that Kieran had spotted, which was now making its way away from you most likely.

Perception checks to hear above the din and clatter of so many moving people nearby.

Sorry for short post, your move guys!


(F) Aasimar (Agathion blooded) Sorceress (Silver Dragon bloodline) 3

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 5


Stats: HP 33/33; AC 21, touch 17, Flat Footed 13; CMD 20; Fort +5, Reflex +7, Will +2; Perception +7; Initiative +4;

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


In the commotion and moving bodies the unknown things retreat is lost too you...

However the one Deathguard remains, unconcious and injured. Tawn'Garth kneels down and raises one large hand over him and surprisingly she starts to heal his injuries. But her efforts are ultimately in vain, the death guard doesn't awaken, despite his injuries being healed he remains unconscious...

Sherises to her feet and growls in anger. "Impossible. They were ready for us." She turns to her captain and growls. "You will return to base, tell the Captain what has happened and take these two with you. Get answers."

At their protest she silences them. "I plan on seeing what is ahead myself, but I won't let our home be caught off guard. Now go and don't worry. I am in capable hands..." She smiles at Kieren and his companions before looking forward. "Lets go, I will show you where it is myself."


(F) Aasimar (Agathion blooded) Sorceress (Silver Dragon bloodline) 3

Nodding Lasciel falls in behind Tawn'Garth. "Is anyone seriously hurt?"


Male Drow Demon Hunter [Ninja/Ranger]

"I am unscathed. Hopefully the cowards do not get too far ahead of us."


Expend spells as needed to ensure people are healed, moving things forward as I cannot wait for replies.

Whatever it was that Kieren had spotted escapes your sight...

Even Tawn'Garths vision misses its retreat completely.

After you complete your casting of healing spells Tawn'Garth presses forward, onward to investigating the fallen citadel despite the fact you all may be walking into a trap. It wasn't until Tawn'Garth halted you, some mere hundred feet away from one of the Citadels access doors.

Even at this distance the smell of blood filled the air and an eerie silence hung over the area...

Tawn'Garth gripped her mighty axe in two hands as she glared towards the opening. "Ga'Tul wouldn't have been beaten so easily..."


(F) Aasimar (Agathion blooded) Sorceress (Silver Dragon bloodline) 3

"Whatever we're walking into, it's going to be ugly and violent. Be prepared to hit hard and don't hold back", the sorceress says fiercely.


Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 RAGING!!! HP 9/20; AC 16, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 20; Fort +9, Reflex +3, Will +6; Perception +7; Initiative +4; Rage [7/8]

"C'mon. Lets jus get it over with, then," Kieran huffs, rapping his hammer in hand.


Stats: HP 33/33; AC 21, touch 17, Flat Footed 13; CMD 20; Fort +5, Reflex +7, Will +2; Perception +7; Initiative +4;

Jaeger is unusually quiet after the last attack as his eyes shift from red to a black making it hard to read his expression. "Jus open de damn door." He snaps as he draws Abyssion from its harness, his expression grim. "Dey hurt ma Bebelle.." He thinks silently as a growl grows deep inside his chest.


Map incoming in a few more hours, check back tomorrow and have a great night! ;)


Sorry for the wait, map still incoming. Rolled to nights as Supervisor and its been a rough week. Lots of hold ups and thankfully no incidents.

Tawn'Garth leads the way, having you douse your light sources and those with darkvision sticking close to those without. As one you press through the opening and into a wide area, a heavy odor hangs in the area, leaving a metallic taste in your mouth. The floor is damp and the mud clings to your foot wear.

"Something is very wrong..." Tawn'Garth sounded very unsure and nervous which was unsettling to all of you.

Those with Darkvision:

From the opening into the room you all can see the scattered, shattered remains of armor and weapons. Its obvious a massive struggle occurred here and the heavy odor in the air, coupled with the metallic taste in your mouths was unsettling. Here and there you could make out something but your darkvision blurred what you were viewing beyond recognition...

As you all pressed further into the chamber, huddled together with weapons drawn and ready you feel a rumble beneath your feet. Tawn'Garth reacts first with a startled gasp as she raises her axe.

Those with Darkvision:

Your able to see which way she is looking and your hearts sink. The opening you passed through is gone, you make out what only could be a stone wall where the opening ones was...

Just moments after her gasp the entire area is filled with light!

Revealing a horrific scene...

Tawn'Garth roars in rage at the sight of the dead Deathguards that fill the room. They weren't just killed, they were butchered. The look of terror forever frozen in the face of mongrelmen soldiers faces turns your stomach as the odor you had smelled was that of rapid decay. The metallic taste was from the blood that covers the dirt floor, the same blood that infuses the damp earth that covers your footwear now.

Dozens of Deathguard body parts are piled against the walls, some in grim scenes and mockeries of false life, hammered to the walls with iron spikes. The spiked body parts are mixed and matched to make the dead mongrelmen into new variations of their kind, a sick and twisted game played by unknown to hands. Some soldiers appear mostly intact, however their bodies have been amputated while their shoulders were spiked to the walls. They were tortured while still alive

Ga'Tul isn't among them though...

And before you lies three doorways all equally lit like this chamber is with torches that emit a thick and heavy smoke that appears to be slowly filling the roof of the area...

Tawn'Garth looked to be in a daze. "Impossible... They are our most veteran fighters. How... How could this happen?!" She grips her axe as her muscles flex and her rage builds before your eyes. "I failed her... I shouldn't have allowed them to go first." She looks towards the central doorway and takes a step towards it.


(F) Aasimar (Agathion blooded) Sorceress (Silver Dragon bloodline) 3

Tears of both sorrow and rage stream down Lasciel's face, her body shaking with emotion as she takes in the grim scene. She puts a hand on Tawn'Garth's shoulder.

"We will avenge them, I promise you that. But we need to be cautious. This is some kind of a trap."


Stats: HP 33/33; AC 21, touch 17, Flat Footed 13; CMD 20; Fort +5, Reflex +7, Will +2; Perception +7; Initiative +4;

Jaeger's knees hit the stone floor with an audible crack upon seeing the mutilated bodies. A vision swims before his eyes of bodies some whole most shredded beyond recognition of gender or race. Demons gleefully dancing amongst the corpses..his own view of this grisly play seems to be from amongst the demons...his sight returns to the present along with cutting pain in his palms as blood drops from them his flesh slashed from his own claws.

He stands shakily to his feet. "Les jus kill dem and be done wid it kay'" He says his normal bravado strained.

801 to 850 of 1,130 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dm Corerue's Wrath of the Righteous! The Worldwound Incrusion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.