Rise of the Runelords by DM Doctor Evil (again)

Game Master DM DoctorEvil

Rise of the Runelord. Chapter 3

Hook Mountain Clanhold Overview Map

Hook Mountain Battle Mapb


5,451 to 5,500 of 5,564 << first < prev | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | next > last >>

Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

For Marcellano, my suggestion is to summon a monster that can get rid of the fog. I don't have much experience with summons, though. Is an air elemental of sufficiently high level able to deal with the fog, maybe with the whirlwind ability?

Robin just continues to encourage his allies in battle. He's hoping there's a way to deal with this fog.


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Cadas, seeing the edge of the red hag steps into the fog to gain concealment and full attacks.

+1 vicious adamantine trident: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 14 + 2 = 181d8 + 7 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 2 + (2, 2) = 18

+1 vicious adamantine trident: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 2 = 231d8 + 7 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 2 + (3, 3) = 23

+1 vicious adamantine trident: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 14 + 2 = 331d8 + 7 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 2 + (5, 6) = 25


Circle of Sisters - Round 3 - continued

20 Marcellano (invisible)
18 Robin (invisible)
17 Cadas
15 Grelthaga (Blue Hag)
14 Adolina (16hp dmg)
5 Briselda (Red Hag)
3 Larastine (Green Hag)(33hp dmg, 8 STR dmg)

Marcellano's casting begins and its obvious he is conjuring something from the Plane of Air to sweep away the obscuring fog.

Robin hangs out waiting until the fog clears, not wanting to disturb his invisible protection.

Cadas enters the fog for concealment, but the target gets the same advantage. She manages to find the large hag despite the fog cloud, and two of her three attacks are hits. The hag's skin is somewhat resistant to the piercing trident, but its hurt nonetheless. The vicious weapon also magically damages the wielder.

Grelthaga, the blue hag, reaches out through the mist, her sisters pinpointing where Adolina stands. The hag misses with her foul bite and one claw, but the other claw scores a hit.

Cadas takes 7hp dmg from her own weapon. Adolina is hit once from reach for 10hp dmg, but more importantly she is grappled, as is the Blue Hag. Grappled, flanked, and in concealing fog, Adolina is up next.

Cadas miss chance 20%, low is miss: 1d100 ⇒ 47
Cadas miss chance 20%, low is miss: 1d100 ⇒ 74
Cadas miss chance 20%, low is miss: 1d100 ⇒ 66
Viscious dmg to Cadas: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 2) = 7
Blue Hag Bite: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14
blue Hag Claw 1: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28
Blue Hag Claw 2: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29
Claw 1 50% miss chance, low is miss: 1d100 ⇒ 89
claw 2 50% miss, low is miss: 1d100 ⇒ 22
Blind sense, low is miss: 1d100 ⇒ 2
Dmg to Adolina: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Grab attempt: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (17) + 19 = 36


Adolina has been on the clock. I will delay her to keep things moving.

Circle of Sisters- Round 3 - concluded

Two of the sisters have Adolina trapped between them. Even as she is grappled by the third, the other two make full attacks at the half-elf. Three of the attacks hit all causing a varying degrees of damage to grappled warrior.

Taking punishment from behind, Red Hag steps backwards a bit, to face the new threat from Cadas.

Adolina takes 27hp dmg total this round, saved from rend damage by the partial cover. AC is lowered due to being grappled.

End of Round 3

Green bite, flanking, STR dmg: 1d20 + 13 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 13 + 2 - 4 = 31
Green Claw 1, flanking, STR dmg: 1d20 + 13 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 13 + 2 - 4 = 24
Green Claw 2, flanking, STR dmg: 1d20 + 13 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 13 + 2 - 4 = 24
Bite crit confirm: 1d20 + 13 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 13 + 2 - 4 = 18
Bite miss chance, low is miss: 1d100 ⇒ 66
Claw 1 miss chance 20% low is miss: 1d100 ⇒ 42
Claw 2 miss chance 20% low is miss: 1d100 ⇒ 1
Bite dmg to Adolina, STR dmg: 1d6 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 7 - 4 = 6
Claw 1 dmg to Adolina: 1d6 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 7 - 4 = 9
Red bite flanking: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 13 + 2 = 18
Red Claw 1 Flanking: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 13 + 2 = 16
Red claw 2, flanking: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 13 + 2 = 26
Claw 2 miss chance 20%, low is miss: 1d100 ⇒ 89
Red Claw 2 dmg vs Adolina: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Circle of Sisters - Round 4

Circle of Sisters - Round 3 - continued

20 Marcellano (invisible, casting summons)
18 Robin (invisible)
17 Cadas
15 Grelthaga (Blue Hag, grappled)
14 Adolina (53hp dmg, grappled)
5 Briselda (Red Hag, 38hp dmg)
3 Larastine (Green Hag)(33hp dmg, 8 STR dmg)

Marcellano's summons spell fires and an air elemental appears. Commanded by the wizard, the planar ally spins up a burst of wind which starts blowing away the magical fog.

It will take until the end of this round for the effect to full dissipate. Any other ideas for Marcy? Otherwise, Robin and Cadas are up again.

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 2/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 17/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Sorry - missing things with work starting again.

Shadowlina claws at the hag she has been leaching from.

Touch: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25 Str: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Touch: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 Str: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Adolina meanwhile tries her best to wriggle free of the hags.
CMB to escape grapple: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

Unfortunately the hag's grip is too strong and she gets thoroughly pummeled!


Circle of Sisters - Round 4 - continued

Despite her best efforts, Adolina cannot escape the iron grip of Grethelga (Blue hag) who tightens down on the warrior, holding her fast.

Shadowlina continues to drain the strength from the green sister, who starts to weave a little from the strength loss. Holding up that large ugly frame is no small feat...

Cadas, Marcellano, and Robin are up.

Shadowlina miss chance 20%: 1d100 ⇒ 24
Shadowlina miss chance 20%: 1d100 ⇒ 93


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

Robin decides he will cast grease under the nearest foe as soon as the fog clears!

Which will break Robin's invisibility.

"Marcy, go do that trick where you speed everyone up!" suggests Robin.

Haste would be my suggestion for Marcellano.


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Cadas full attacks red again.

+1 vicious adamantine trident: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 14 + 2 = 301d8 + 7 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 2 + (5, 5) = 24
20%Miss Change, High is good: 1d100 ⇒ 56

+1 vicious adamantine trident: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 2 = 221d8 + 7 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 2 + (1, 5) = 19
20%Miss Change, High is good: 1d100 ⇒ 77

+1 vicious adamantine trident: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 14 + 2 = 301d8 + 7 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 2 + (4, 4) = 22
20%Miss Change, High is good: 1d100 ⇒ 67

As the fog lifts and Cadas has line of sight she will cast Liberating Command on Adolina as an Immediate Action. I do not think immediate actions provoke, but if you say they do she will do this defensively IF she is still threatened.


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

Pretty sure swift/immediate action spells don't provoke.


Circle of Sisters - Round 4 - continued

Trick?" cries Marcellano, in response to Robin's suggestion for a spell. "Trick? I'll let you know, little fool, that spell has a grand tradition of complex magic going back several centuries. It was Bork the Magnificent who first...Oh, yeah, right..." After starting his exposition on the history of haste Marcy sees the look on Robin's face and just casts the spell, which quickens the pace of all the allies.

Speeding up does Robin little good however as he is waiting for the friendly elemental to blow away all the fog. Which will really happen at the end of this round, so basically Robin is on delay.

Cadas cleaves up the Red Hag with a pair of hits from her new trident which emits flashes upon successfully striking. The flash certainly harms the target, but also has some negative blowback on the priestess.

Cadas' immediate action, which IMO is an out of turn swift, which does not provoke, will trigger at end of this round when the fog clears.

Blue Hag holds Adolina fast. She squeezes and rakes at the woman, continuing to maintain the grapple.

With the Red Hag dead, and Green Hag slowly drained of strength, the green one weakly calls out. "A parley! I request a parley!" throwing her hands up in the air, rather than continuing to fight.

End of Round 4

Cadas Vicious dmg: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 5) = 11
Grapple to harm, maintain: 1d20 + 19 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 19 + 5 = 36
Dmg to Adolina from grapple: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Circle of Sisters - Round 5

Haste is active for all PC's

20 Marcellano (invisible)
18 Robin (ready to cast)
17 Cadas (immediate action ready)
15 Grelthaga (Blue Hag, grappled)
14 Adolina (64hp dmg, grappled)
3 Larastine (Green Hag)(33hp dmg, 15 STR dmg)

As Larastine (Green Hag) calls for a truce, the elemental finishes sweeping the fog away, revealing the two remaining sisters, one of whom is brutally squeezing Adolina, not letting the pressure up at all so far.

Robin and Cadas have the option of firing their readied and immediate spells, but may want to wait given the request for a parley. All the party is up. Marcellano is open to suggestions once again.


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

Seeing Adolina being squeezed, Robin will instead cover her in slippery grease, making it easier for her to get away! Casting Grease on Adolina to increase her CMD versus grapple.

"I think you're confusing parley with surrender!" retorts Robin.


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

As soon as the fog clears Cadas' spell goes off and Adolina can make an escape artist check at +20.

Need to know if she gets free or not before Cadas speaks.

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 2/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 17/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Escape!: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (1) + 27 = 28 Typical...


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

+10 bonus from Robin's Grease! Of course, this raises the question of whether natural 1s are auto-fail (they are for attack rolls but not for skill checks, so what's an in-combat Escape Artist roll count as?)


Medium 11 - HP 110/110 - AC 30 - TAC 21 - FF 20 - CMD 29 - Init +5 - F +12 - R +10 - W +9 (+5 MA) - Perc +19 - Surge (Taboo) 6/6 - Inf 1/5 - GS 1/1 - Step 3/3 - 1st 4/4 - 2nd 2/2 - 3rd 2/2

It's still a Skill Check. Its one of the reasons it has good value over using a CMB to break a Grapple, which would be an Attack and subject to the 5% rule. Also I'm totally still here.

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 2/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 17/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

I'm taking ranks in EA once we get out of here!


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

A good skill to have, especially with me carrying Liberating Command.


Avdol Kebek wrote:
It's still a Skill Check. Its one of the reasons it has good value over using a CMB to break a Grapple, which would be an Attack and subject to the 5% rule. Also I'm totally still here.

I agree its a skill check. It will be enough to escape without the grease but that just makes it so much more fun...


Circle of Sisters - Round 5 - continued

As the fog is finally blown away, both Cadas and Robin cast different magic spells on Adolina which allows her to wriggle free from the iron grip of the black hag. Adolina is a bit messy from the grease, and has felt better, but at least she is free.

Larastine continues "It was not our intent to fight in the first place." She crooks a long, ugly finger at Adolina. "This one came out stabbing instead of talking. Pray hold your weapons and let us discuss this without the threat of violence, eh? We are not as quick to use force as our husband-sons are. Let us settle our differences to our mutual benefit, eh?" She croons in a soft, sweet voice that belies the ugliness in her outer appearance.

Do you fight or talk? Depends on if we stay in rounds or not.

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 2/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 17/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Adolina doesn't trust the hag an inch and, along with her shadow, sidles out of the group and merges easily with the shadows.

Stealth: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (12) + 23 = 35


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

"Eww . . . husband sons, that sounds gross!" Robin holds from further combat for now, though he watches warily for any signs of magic. He sees if his companions also hold off from combat.

If they do, he chimes in. "Welp, looks like you bought yourselves a few seconds. Better talk quick!" He waits to see what they have to say.


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

It is true that we did not come here to fight you. We look for ogres and giants, and a human man. A soldier. Perhaps a prisoner. Perhaps dead. Do you know of such a man? And if you can help us against the ogres and giants then perhaps we can be allies.


"If not allies, then at least not enemies," cackles the Green Hag, trying to keep an eye on just where Adolina and her shadow disappeared to. She casts a cruel gaze down at Robin, whose comments about the Kreeg's breeding habits is less than polite.

The blue hag, named Grelthaga then speaks, she is tall and thin, almost skeletal, wrapped in ugly purple flesh and a stained white robe. "Now that our husband is dead, we have no love for the outsider who leads the clan. He will not please us, despite our clear beauty, and all he speaks about is war, war, war. He keeps all the boys busy making weapons day and night, night and day. Never any time for the sister-wives." She wipes a way a tear that runs down her bruise-colored face. "He has no need of us, I fear. It's just a matter of time before he sends someone to do us in, but maybe...we can trade what we know, for your help in ridding the clan of him? The Barl Breakbones. Will you kill him and let us, the sisters rule?" She cackles eagerly, her eyes taking a far-away look as she imagines her version of what that might be like.

As she stops speaking the Green Hag, named Larastine, steps right in as if they were of the same mind but her voice is lowered in a whisper. "And..." she croons softly, her face a mass of weeping, oozing sores. "We know where your lost, love-struck Captain is. Although, you may be surprised when you see him..." Both the remaining hags break into gales of cackling laughter, ending with a coughing fit from Larastine, and she hacks up a great wad of phlegm spitting it across the room.


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

"Wait, what's so funny? I didn't even say anything yet!" Robin eyes the two hags carefully, not trusting them at all. "What did you do to the Captain?"


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

LOL

Cadas waits to hear the answer.


Larastine gazes at Robin, her cloudy eyes focusing and unfocusing on him as her she struggles with loss of strength. "It was not we sisters who unmade your captain, little man. It was that nubile nymph and her witchery. Their unclean union was never meant to be. And such is the fate of those who tempt the gods," she smiles, as if she is not displeased with whatever the result is.

"The slut got what she deserved," says the rail-thin witch with a vigorous nodding of her head. She still squints into the shadow, looking for Adolina. "Now how about you leave us, sweet ones? Let us lie low and see to our fallen sister here. And then, when Breakbones is dealt with, we will rule the Clan. No more hunting the homes of men when that happens, eh dearie?"


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

you spoke of aid, and yet you offer none. Cadas notes I think we would find adi against these ogres and giants among your possessions if we should finish you. You must offer more. Tell us of what we will face goin forward.


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

Robin tries to see if he can sense a lie from these hags.
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Regardless of whether or not he senses anything, he remains suspicious. Robin whispers to the others.

"Psst, I think this is a bad deal, I don't trust these hags for a second!"

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 2/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 17/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Deep in the shadows Adolina nods her head and breathes a single "Yes" when she hears Robin speak. Thankfully his message spell is still active and carries her soft words to him.


"There is not much more to tell, brave warrior," says Grelthaga in a sniveling way. "We will not aid you directly, but ask us what you want to know, and we will tell all and truly. It is the cold captain, and Breakbones himself that you have to face. Our brother-sons are working in the mines to make weapons. The forges work overtime, you can hear the hammers falling now and the smoke! Stay clear of that room, the Kreegs are numerous there, just as they are doughty fighters."

"Yes, sister, it is Breakbones they want. The necromancer is but an agent of a greater power, but what that is, we do not know. And," this is Larastine speaking again. "We haven't any treasure to take if you did slay us. Breakbones took it all. You're welcome to it, if you kill off that usurper."

Robin has strong sense about lies,a nd he sees nothing in these witches that enough to suppose they are being dishonest. They may be ugly, foul things, but it is in their interest to not be killed by you, and if possible, to fill the vacuum left when the chief of the clan was killed.


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

"Well, they might be playing it straight for now," whispers Robin as he feels the hags are speaking truth.

Speaking loudly once more, he addresses the hags. "Hold on, are you saying Breakbones is a necromancer? Did he turn the Captain into an undead? Why did you call him the cold captain?"


"As you say, little one. Breakbones tortured the love-sick captain, until all that was left was an undead form...maybe not really a body even. Barl gave him to us as a pet, but we didn't want that usurping bastards gifts, and sent it to the shrine to guard there. I am not sure Myriana wants her lover back, his touch is like ice now..." again the remaining hags cackle. One coughing up a more nasty phlegm.

"So be off and do your good deeds, kill the stone giant and his guards, and the lamia trollop as well if you can. We will let you take Lamatar's body out of here, if you can."

They have given some useful information now, and expect to be left alone to tend to their fallen sister.


I am waiting on actions from the group at this point, just FYI


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

Robin whispers to the party once more, aided by the Message spell. "Not that I like these creepy hags, but might be better to let them be in charge than their husband-sons. Maybe . . . "

He feels the need to ask one more question. "Before we go, there's one thing I don't get. You three were working some sorta magic when we saw you. What was it?"


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Was off line this weekend unexpectedly. Sorry about that.

Satisfied with the hag's responses Cadas waits for a final answer before accepting their dead and moving to take care of the stone giant.

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 2/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 17/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Adolina reappears behind the rest of the group.

"It is a deal." She agrees, although she doesn't take her eyes from the hags as the group retreats.


The hag smirks at little Robin. "We will not give all our magic secrets away, little fool. Let's just say that a coven of witches is greater than the sum of their parts. That is why we need to restore our sister if we can."

They nod in agreement, signifying their acceptance of you leaving to see what else you can find in the clan's stronghold.

Have a plan or preference of where to go now?


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Frontal Assault? Cadas is not subtle. Also Cadas "could" restore the dead sister IF she was properly motivated. Not gonna bring that up at the moment. Perhaps that would be an evil act? Lets see how this plays out.

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 2/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 17/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

"We'll take a look." Adolina says and slips off with her shadow at her heels.

Stealth, Take 10: 10 + 23 = 33

She heads northwards and takes the first left, moving slowly and carefully.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

Refresh Message on everyone.

"We can take out the leaders, no need to fight the entire clan in the meantime."

Robin waits for Adolina to report back.


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Cadas offers healing before Adolina takes off.

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 2/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 17/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Adolina accepts!


Cadas wrote:
Frontal Assault? Cadas is not subtle. Also Cadas "could" restore the dead sister IF she was properly motivated. Not gonna bring that up at the moment. Perhaps that would be an evil act? Lets see how this plays out.

I would not consider restoring a dead creature, even an evil one, to life an evil act, unless it was clearly for a nefarious purpose. Many may argue it is a charitable act regardless of the alignment of the foe in question.


After healing from Cadas (will see how much), Adolina and her shade move off to see what other horrors await in the Clanhold. The first passage they come to has rough-hewn stairs leading and curving upwards. Creeping up, the stairs until she can get a good view, Adolina peers into the darkened chamber at the top of the stairs.

A shrine bearing the feral visage of a brutally monstrous maiden with the head of a three-eyed jackal and the belly of a pregnant young woman leans against the far wall. Standing in the middle of the chamber, unmoving, is the form of a man with a longbow in his hands and his head bowed. The body seems to be caked in ice and his left hand seems to be a claw made of icicles, and upon his brow is a crown made of the same sharp icy thorns.

Know Religion DC 12:
The shrine is to the Mother of Monsters, Lamashtu.

GM Screen:

Perception DC 33: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (16) + 17 = 33
Lamatar: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
Adolina: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


Abandoned Shrine - Round 1

27 Lamatar
23 Adolina

As Adolina watches, the still figure raises his head, and looks at her, a chill blue light filling his eyes. He clearly notices you are there and begins casting some form of spell to start the combat rounds.

I picture the Night King from GoT, but here is a pic from the interior artwork. The pic shows him with a sword, but that's not in his stat block...Adolina may react. Will roll the others into initiative when they become aware of the fight brewing.

Spellcraft DC 18, Adolina only:
The spell the figure is casting is barkskin.

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 2/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 17/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

"He's here. He found me!" Adolina hisses. Having learned(?) from last time she takes a cautious step but no more.

"Lamatar. We're here to help you. Myriana sent us."

She keeps her glaive out but makes no hostile moves - hopefully enough of the man remains that he can recognise his lover...

Shadowlina drifts quietly into the wall, moving to flank the creature if it comes to a fight.


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

"On our way! Not sure I can do that little teleportation trick again!:

Out of 4th level spells, so will just start running!


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Earlier

Cadas sacrafices healing flames to cast a cure critical on Adolina, saying Blessings of Gozreh as she does so. She also recommends Robin cast some heals from his spells or wands.

Cure Critical: 4d8 + 10 ⇒ (7, 6, 6, 4) + 10 = 33

She will also mention to the hags that should her mission be successful there is a chance she might be able to raise their sister from the dead, if they can help with the material components.

5,451 to 5,500 of 5,564 << first < prev | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Papa.DRB - Rise of the Runelords - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.