Rise of the Runelords by DM Doctor Evil (again)

Game Master DM DoctorEvil

Rise of the Runelord. Chapter 3

Hook Mountain Clanhold Overview Map

Hook Mountain Battle Mapb


4,751 to 4,800 of 5,564 << first < prev | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | next > last >>

F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Cadas concurs with Marcellano. Yes. Creepy even considering the place. Its some sort of nest or retreat for something. Can anyone tell how long ago the conversation took place? she asks before calling out in a normal voice Hello? Anyone home?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

"I wish all jails were like this!" says Robin, clearly less disturbed by the transformation. He ducks behind some giant veils, then peeks around them with comic flirtation.

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 2/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 17/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Adolina cracks a smile at Robin, but focuses most of her attention on a thorough search of the room.

Take 20 for 33 perception.


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 71d4 ⇒ 2

Thoroughly searching the room yields nothing of interest, only the silk drapes, cushions and floor rugs and sheets.

Next?


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Cadas will both cast a light spell and cast Detect Magic as she looks about.Lead on. she request of Adolina.

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 2/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 17/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Adolina nods and heads for the northern door, examining it carefully before opening it (with lockpicks as required). As normal she waves the rest of the group back so she can move through silently first.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23
DD: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (7) + 22 = 29
Stealth: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (2) + 30 = 32


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

Marcellano, reasonably certain that they're not going to get ambushed, offers to bring up the rear.


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

Robin finishes playing and hangs back behind some cushions to let Adolina do her thing!


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 21d4 ⇒ 3

Finding no traps on the northern door, Adolina carefully opens it and sees that it is just a short hallway, with a set of stairs going up on the east side.

Next?
Level Map Updated

Everyone please level up to 9th level. I should have said this while you camped for the night before coming into the lower level, so lets assume you leveled up while outside and you have everything for this new level including memorized / known spells.


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

The other door. Cadas encourages as she moves closer.

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 2/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 17/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Adolina does as Cadas suggests, following what is now her standard door-opening routine.

Perc: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16
DD: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (20) + 22 = 42
Take 10 for 41 Stealth


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

Robin suddenly feels a little stronger! He continues to hang back as Adolina explores.


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

Perception:

Adolina: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23
Cadas: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (10) + 17 = 27
Marcellano: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 +2 familiar near
Robin: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Shalelu: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24
DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 161d4 ⇒ 4

Adolina checks the western door, finding no traps and not hearing anything, she cautiously opens it. On the other side she sees bars, dividing the area into eight prison cells. While there is nothing useful in any of the cells, you find some blood spots, that are relatively fresh, perhaps a week or two old, and notice that all the cells had been occupied at some point within the same time frame.

Next?
Level Map Updated


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Cadas will cast Detect Magic and walk through the cell area, checking it over quickly. After I guess we go up the stairs.


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

Robin follows once Adolina gives the all clear. "They must've kept the human prisoners here . . . if only we came sooner."


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

Assuming that Adolina leads you up the stairs, and you all follow...

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 141d4 ⇒ 3

Moving up the stairs with Adolina leading the way, you come to a small room. Crates, barrels, and a stack of frewood have been smashed apart and heaped in a tangled pile in the corner of this room. There is a door in the south wall.

Next?
Level Map Updated
.
New map in spoiler at top of page. "Fort Rannick Level 1 & 2"


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

Reminder--Cadas and Adolina each have Heroism active. Refreshing Message as needed to allow Adolina to sneak ahead and still communicate.

Heroism:
This spell imbues a single creature with great bravery and morale in battle. The target gains a +2 morale bonus on attack rolls, saves, and skill checks.

Robin helps check out the door. Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 2/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 17/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Adolina continues to creep ahead, mentally thanking Robin for his magics. She examines the door like all the others before opening it.

Take 10 on all relevant checks. Means 26 on Perception, 34 on DD, and 43 on Stealth. I'll keep doing this until we run into actual enemies!


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

Damn, does someone know of a replacement for Lazarus that works in Firefox?
@Adolina, you cannot take 10 searching for traps, it "assumes" you roll a "1" at least once which would set the trap off.

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 51d4 ⇒ 3

Adolina listens carefully, and checks the door. While the door is not trapped nor locked, she does hear the growls and grunts of ogres, but much deeper into the fort then nearby, so she very carefully opens the door and peers down the hallway. Twenty feet from the door, is a hallway off to her right, and at the end of the hallway is a large hallway to the right and a smaller one to the left. There are multiple doors on both sides of the hallway.

What might once have been a well-maintained hallway is now swathed in horror. Dried blood cakes the stone walls; bits and pieces of armor, weaponry, and flesh litter the floor; and flies cloud the air. Tapestries that once bore the insignia of the Black Arrows have been torn from the walls and now lie on the floor in shreds, coated with filth.

Next?
Level Map Updated


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

"Let's proceed slowly," Marcellano whispers, "and try to make as little noise as possible. Damn, I wish I knew a spell to magically silence us!"

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 2/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 17/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

I thought it was taking 20 that assumed rolling a 1. Taking 10 is just taking (slightly lower than) average instead of rolling the dice?


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15
Marcellano Gallenica wrote:
"Let's proceed slowly," Marcellano whispers, "and try to make as little noise as possible. Damn, I wish I knew a spell to magically silence us!"

I do not have Silence memorized but I do have a scroll with the spell if you think it a proudent time to use it. Cadas offers.


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

@Adolina - You are correct. It was a sorta house rule back in the day when I ran campaigns at home. My bad.


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

"Those ogres are so loud they won't hear us! I can make us invisible when we get close for a bit of advantage."

He waits to see where Adolina will lead.

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 2/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 17/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Adolina proceeds cautiously down the corridor, listening at each door she comes to. If the room proves to be quiet she gently opens the door, if not she beckons the rest of the group up and explains in whispers what she can hear.

Proceed up the corridor, one door at a time, 24 perception each time.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

"Probably not necessary right now--but good to know you have it!" Marcellano whispers back to Cadas, watching Adolina for the signal to advance.


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

Been sick as a dog and exhausted since Wednesday. My son and I went to JFK airport (209 miles round trip) on Wednesday evening to pick up 10 puppies being flown in from Cayman Islands (he is the Adoptions Manager at the local SPCA), and didn't get home till 1:00AM, after putting them in their pods for the night. Exhausted, cold and sick for me....
And Happy St. Patrick Day. My grandsons 24 birthday.

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 171d4 ⇒ 1

Moving slowly fifteen feet down the hallway, Adolina peeks around the corner and sees a set of stairs going up(#2). Moving back to the first door, she listens intently at it, and hears the mumbling of ogre in the room beyond the door.

Next?
Level Map Updated

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 2/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 17/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Adolina waves everyone closer. "One inside, mumbling. We'll go on three." She waits for the rest of the group to show their agreement.

"1... 2... 3!"

On 3 Adolina opens the door and moves into the room!


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

Robin nods, ready to get to work!

For this fight, Robin would like to use his On the Ball ability to Take 10 on initiative.


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Before the door is opened Cadas holds up the scroll of silence and shrugs the question n Now?

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 2/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 17/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Adolina nods, points to herself and waits for Cadas before she opens the door.


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

"Assuming" Cadas uses the scroll of silence....

Initiative:

Adolina: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Cadas: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Marcellano: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Robin: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24
Robin: 10 + 13 = 23 "On the Ball" used
Shalelu: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Foe(s): 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (13) - 5 = 8 Extra minus due to silence
DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 171d4 ⇒ 3

Just before Adolina opens the door, Cadas pulls out a scroll of silence, and softly queries Adolina now?, and as the head nod is positive, Cadas reads the scroll and suddenly it is complete quite. Opening the door, you see a room once used to house the wounded and sick, this chamber is now a slice of blood-drenched nightmare. Hacked pieces of bodies litter the sick beds. The floor is slick with gore, strewn with mangled organs and heaps of entrails. A dead fat man sits at one of the operating tables, arranged as if he were merrily spooning chunks of his own disembodied organs out of a brown bowl. His guts spill out of a large slash in his belly. An ogre stands in the room and is looking at the body.

Next?
Level Map Updated

Everyone UP
Init (HP Cur/Max, AC)

Robin 23 (96/96, 20)
Adolina 17 (104/104, 22)
Cadas 13 (85/85, 23,24 consecrated shield)
Marcellano 12 (68/68, 15,ma19)
Foe(s) 8

Tough Ogre:
HP 131[131] AC21 T10 F20 CMD16; F13 R3 W5+1 vs fear

Check the numbers HP, AC, Init. Think I got them all this time


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

Robin peers around the corner. Cheering on his allies silently, he blows a silent raspberry at the surprised ogre.

Inspire Courage and Taunt.

Taunt: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (9) + 20 = 29 vs 10+HD+Wis or shaken.

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 2/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 17/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Adolina runs in, leaping off the table to come down with a brutal overhand cut at the ogre. Her face is contorted and it is obvious that she would be screaming if not for the spell preventing it.

Attack, Inspire, Heroism, Charge: 1d20 + 16 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 16 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 36
Damage, gets Studied Target because of Sneak Attack, Inspire, Heroism: 1d6 + 3d6 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + (4, 5, 3) + 2 + 2 + 2 = 22

AC 20 this turn.


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Cadas would have cast the silence spell on a small weapon that could be discarded. She comes in and attacks as well, hoping to keep the fight in the silence.

Trident: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 2 = 231d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 = 9

Moved you up Adeline


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

@Cadas, don't forget you have Heroism + Inspire Courage


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

Seeing that there's just one ogre, Marcellano frowns, loath to use his more powerful spells if they're not truly needed. But then, a spell that he can cast more ably than one of his wands...that might be useful. Just to be safe, he pulls the magical rod the gnroup found from his belt, focusing its power as he makes the gestures that send a swarm of silvery bolts flying to strike the ogre!

Using the lesser silent metamagic rod to cast magic missile!

Damage: 5d4 + 5 ⇒ (1, 4, 3, 2, 4) + 5 = 19


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Had forgotten about the Heroism. Been a while. It would help me if you included the inspire courage bonus. I assumed +2. So that is a 25 to hit above.


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

I should start posting my buffs like so at the end of my combat posts

Active Effects:
Inspire Courage +2 atk/dmg
Heroism (Cadas, Adolina) +2 atk/skills/saves


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

That is very nice Robin. Might as well include the bonus type so stacking will be more clear.


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

Ok, Cadas cast it on a non magical dagger that can be discarded.
Inspire Courage is not active. As Robin is a wit, and this perform is comedy, you have to be able to hear him, and you are all within the 20 foot silence radius.

DM rolls:

+1 ogre hook +16/+11 (2d8+13/19–20/×3): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 212d8 + 13 ⇒ (6, 4) + 13 = 231d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 252d8 + 11 ⇒ (7, 6) + 11 = 24 vs AC 20 Adolina

Robin starts to inspire courage and taunt the ogre, but as no one can hear him, there is no affect. Adolina moves into the room and slams the ogre, hurting it. Cadas joins her and scratches the ogre with her trident. Marcellano retrieves his rod of silent spell, and uses it to further damage the creature.

The ogre turns with its mouth open in a silent scream and swings twice with a wicked looking hook and badly hurts Adolina.

Next?
Level Map Updated

Everyone UP
Init (HP Cur/Max, AC)

Robin 23 (96/96, 20)
Adolina 17 (57/104, 22)
Cadas 13 (85/85, 23,24 consecrated shield)
Marcellano 12 (68/68, 15,ma19)
Foe(s) 8

Tough Ogre:
HP 81[131] AC21 T10 F20 CMD16; F13 R3 W5+1 vs fear


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

Damn, Robin and silence don't mix!

Realizing all his babbling is going nowhere, Robin stamps his feet in frustration! He takes out a whip and tries to distract the Ogre while Cadas strikes it.
Move and draw whip, aid another on Cadas

Aid Another DC10: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 Giving Cadas a +2 bonus to attack.

Status Effects:
Heroism (Cadas, Adolina); +2 morale bonus to attack, saves, skills
Aid Another (Cadas): +2 to Cadas's next attack

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 2/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 17/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Adolina, smarting from the blows, steps sideways, hoping to catch the ogre between her blows and Cadas'.

Attack: 1d20 + 16 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 16 + 2 + 2 = 24 Hopefully extra +2 from flanking. Damage: 1d6 + 3d6 + 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + (3, 4, 6) + 8 + 2 + 2 = 28

Attack: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 11 + 2 + 2 = 31 Hopefully extra +2 from flanking. Damage: 1d6 + 3d6 + 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + (5, 3, 1) + 8 + 2 + 2 = 22


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

[ooc]DM Papa.DRB, did the ogre hit Adolina once or twice? Adolina, I cannot tell that you moved, so I am not sure where to move to support you. I do not think we can flank by each 5' stepping. Is any of that damage sneak attack from a flank?[/b]

Cads steps to let more combatants join in, if there are more and attacks.

Trident: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 2 + 2 = 291d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

@Cadas - Twice. Look under the DM Rolls spoiler. I spell it out in detail, so youse guys have that level of information, just in case I make an error, you can "correct" me.


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

From the spoiler, the first attack seems to be a 21 but Adolina's AC is a 22, so I am still a little confused.


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

Adolina charged putting her at AC 20. At least I think that's the calculation.


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Ah. That would do it.

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 2/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 17/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Yeah - I thought that, and then remembered I'd done it to myself :(


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

Damn, it's hard for me to do anything while silenced...

Marcellano grits his teeth and draws his crossbow, attempting to distract the ogre and give his friends an opening...

Attack (aid another): 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 7 - 4 = 18 Hooray! +2 to Adolina's AC against its next attack.

4,751 to 4,800 of 5,564 << first < prev | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Papa.DRB - Rise of the Runelords - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.