DMD - Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Branding Opportunity

Maps
Handouts


3,601 to 3,650 of 3,755 << first < prev | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | next > last >>

Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Oh! With the retcon extending the time that's passed, Ro is now 19!


Discord Chat
Rojava Brishen wrote:
Oh! With the retcon extending the time that's passed, Ro is now 19!

Happy IC birthday!


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Aye, Lia totally took a horse, but led it out of Sandpoint on Foot.
Also, the girl who informed them that Lia left was none other than Kira, her roommate. She met the group before, so I think it makes sense to identify her...


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jili spends the night in her rooms, and joins the group as they prepare to leave the next morning. She tries to recall any specific stories she's heard about Foxglove Manor. Whether it's haunted, and the history of the Foxglove's themselves.

"Let's get going. She can't take on a ghast herself. Maybe Flutter will talk her into waiting for us before she goes inside the Manor." "I should have learned to ride." she mutters to herself as she climbs on her horse ungracefully.

Know Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

The aged dwarf is not pleased to hear that the young lass has riden out by herself.

The recent events must be unsettling to all of them but it seems that they missed the signs of it affecting her the most. He would have rebuked himself afterall he was already a grandfather of two.
However, dwarflings are not children like them.

The rush to get ready, the horses, rations, equipment. Everything was done in haste and she already had a headstart.

With his spells prepared, the aged dwarf manages to get a horse and prepares to ride!

Ride 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5
Oh his bum doth protest!!!

"Those of us ready should rush forth and see if we can stop her or at least buy the rest of us time to get there!"


Discord Chat

The group heads out with all deliberate speed in an effort to catch up with Lia, who seems to have fled in the direction of Foxglove Manor the night before.

The morning is shrouded in fog coming off the Varisian Gulf, and you have to slow the horses to make sure they don't trip over an unseen rock or root and break a leg. The slowing only increases the tension within the group, but Karmid continues following what he believes to be the missing acolyte's tracks as best as he can from horseback. He occasionally must dismount to make sure you are still following the correct tracks.

The miles go by and you begin to lose hope as the turnoff you know you have to take to the Misgivings draws closer and closer. Just then you round a corner in the Lost Coast Road and find a horse grazing peacefully in the grass not 50 feet from the path. It carries a saddle and bridle and is equipped with saddle bags, and looks like it might be the horse that Lia had been riding yesterday.

DC 15+ Perception Check:
You are pretty sure this is LIa's horse. It seems to be quietly eating grass.

Lia:
I was thinking this is where the rest of the party finds you. Perhaps you have gotten off to just think, or maybe there is a shrine to Desna nearby that you are visiting? You are welcome to structure this encounter however you like, and can be hidden or in plain sight.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Willing to take a chance on the horse being Lia's...

"Lia! Are you here! I know you don't know any better, but that dang butterfly of yours should! Flutter! Lia!"


Discord Chat

FYI, I'm letting Lia play this out as she wishes, so I'll let her answer (or not answer) calls for her as she wishes.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

GM:
Well, I would write it out, but I think I need your input on that after all...Lia would have dismounted and left the horse freely grazing, that seems perfectly right. But then she would have approached closer to the Misgivings, probably maneuvering close enough for visual contact...and trying to make a fire.
Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
And succeeding, I guess. That means Karmid may notice some thin line of smoke rising from closer to the Mansion...
While she does hope she can talk Aldern down, the place is very likely infested with undeath, undead, and evilness. Setting fire to it and burning it down seems a great way to get Aldern to come out and say hello.

Of course, I am not sure if there's Guards, Sentinels, or anything else that prevents me from getting a bit closer to the House.(like, I assume we are all pretty close now) - do correct me or alter my writing if my assumptions are in error.

Karmid receives no answer, but notices some smoke rising into the morning sky, as if from a small fire pretty close by that can only have been started minutes ago(or you would have likely seen it while approaching).


Discord Chat

Lia:
That all seems fine. They should be able to find you pretty quickly, but so will anyone (or anything) who might be on lookout at the manor home. I had thought you would have been just off the Lost Coast Road, which is still more than a mile from Misgivings, but having you be closer to there seems fine as well.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid collects the stray horse and travels down the road toward the fire.

"Lia! Answer me! Are you safe? Are you bitten? If you eat my liver I will so..."

Karmid trails off worried he might bring out actual ghouls after him and the horses.

Perception-Just In Case: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Survival(Forest) w/terrain and tracking bonus: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 2 + 2 = 20


Discord Chat

Karmid easily follows Lia's trail off the path leading to Misgivings, and finds her next to a small campfire on a hill overlooking what must be Foxglove Manor about a quarter mile away.

It looks like the manor is just a single building built on a tiny spit of land that juts out into the Varisian Gulf. The sound of the crashing waves can be heard distantly at the bottom of the cliff that borders the home. The area around the manor has been cleared of large brush, although several tall trees still are planted near it. What looks to be the burnt-out remains of a small outbuilding is situated next to the path less than a hundred feet from the house.

Judging from its dilapidated state, you might guess that the main house is abandoned, although none of the windows appear to be broken.

Lia knows that no one has come or gone from the house while she's been watching it for the past several hours. She also has seen no lights or other movement.

MOOD

Jili:
I totally forgot about your Knowledge (local) roll, sorry. Here's what you know from that:Foxglove Manor is over 80 years old, and has been the seat of the Foxglove family the whole time. Some sort of tragedy struck the family a few decades ago, and no one’s lived there since. Common rumor holds that the place is haunted.

Foxglove Manor is known as the “Misgivings” by some locals, particularly by Varisians. It certainly has a bad reputation—sightings of strange lights in the attic windows, muffled sounds of screaming from above and below, and even rumors of a huge bat-winged devil living in the caves below the manor are but a few of the tales told about the place. The Foxglove family lived there as recently as 2 decades ago, but then a fire burned down the servants’ building, Cyralie Foxglove was found dead—burnt and dashed on the rocks below the cliffs behind the house—and Traver Foxglove was found in his bedroom, dead by his own hand. The children, including young Aldern Foxglove, were sent away to be raised in Korvosa by distant relations.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Ro is going to purchase an extra starknife before the party leaves town. She will also bring along her shortbow (formerly Tsuto's shortbow) and arrows this time.

Ro wanders around the area where they find the horse aimlessly looking for something or another that might suggest where Lia has gone. She has no idea what to look for though so it mostly a way to keep occupied when she really has nothing of any importance to do.

When Karmid starts off in the direction of a bit of smoke in the distance, Ro follows along. By the time they find Lia, thankfully unharmed and no worse for wear, the house is also plainly in sight.

Ro finds the house depressing to look at. In fact the whole scene has an ambient creepiness to it greater than the sum of its parts, an old abandoned house, a burnt out building, a bleak spit of land jutting out into the ocean. It leaves Ro too hushed to even consider raising her voice, so Lia goes unscolded.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid's frustrations are immediately gone at seeing the creepy house in the distance.

"Well that's just disturbing. Maybe we get lucky and an ogre wandered by and moved in? One that REALLY likes the dark...and the ocean breeze?"


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"Why are you here? You are too early...Go back! I want you all to be safe!", Lia does not seem happy when she notices Karmid, then Rojava soon after. She almost seems angry, an emotion not at all usual for the girl.

The contents of her saddle-bags are placed nearby - empty canisters of lamp oil - next to some sticks and branches mostly covered with soaked linen, an unlit torch, and a mundane backpack. It seems Lia was busy loading the sticks into the backpack when Karmid found her.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

"We faced Goblins." Drasven begins as he begins gather nearby kindling to add to the fire.

"Demons, Dopplangers and some walking undead. We met them all." as he squats to pick up a promising looking twig.

"If we're early then good. We can face this next danger together since facing one more peril will only strengthened us. It's the forge that will mold us into what our sacred patrons are intentionally trying to mold us into." He winks.

"It is good that we find you safe and sound even angry but at least let us meet your admirer together. Who knows?" he pauses.

"I may not be the strongest warrior, wisest traveler or silver tongued among us but the gods may have mercy and your admirer may be bewitched and not yet turned."


Discord Chat

The initiative is all on your side at the moment, as nothing is currently threatening you and you see no obvious enemies. As Jili has not posted I will move things forward a bit, so feel free to read her spoiler text above as I assume she would share all this info with you.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid sighs, and in a change of pace, pulls his Longbow out and knocks an arrow to take up a defensive stance and to help keep watch for enemies. He tosses over his shoulder...

"So do we stand around here trying to blame her for getting us here faster, or do we go in...and take care of this so-called 'boyfriend'."


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Ro places her hand on the dwarf's shoulder with a pat.

"Listen to what Drasven is saying Lia. I can tell you you're not responsible, but I can't make you feel that way. Either way though, we're meant to be together. Whatever their reasoning, we were all brought here by a group acting from on high. Whether we like it or not, being together is how we keep each other safe. "

Ro looks back out at the house in the distance.

"But since you've been here for a while, have you seen anything moving around over there?"

As for Karmid's query, Ro takes her own bow out as well. "I guess we get started walking. The place isn't going to look any better after the sun goes down."


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jili follows Ro out of the woods and sees Lia. She moves up puts her hand on the woman's shoulder, and studies the house and what's clearly preparation for an attempt to burn down the house.

"That's the Misgivings. Some say it's haunted. It's had a long history of sadness, and death. I don't think your plan will work. It's been sitting empty for years, and not one window is broken. Aldren's parents died at that house, and he and his sister were sent to Korvosa when they were young." She shakes her head. "Nothing good is ever going to come from that house. We should be careful." She touches her holy symbol.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

"What? So the place could be...cursed? I don't know anything about curses other than Shoanti ones. They usually just involve horses and biting as far as I know."


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia was taken aback. This...was all wrong. But it didn't feel wrong.
Were they early? Was she late?
It confused her. She came here so they would not have to. But at the same time, it was good they all came.
When everybody simply acted all normal, she was even more confused. She was angry with them, but they did not care.
Defeated, she sighed, looking downwards:"Nobody came or went - I have not been here that long, I only recently got the fire started - I needed it to see as I worked. This place is...evil. It won't simply burn down - it is too stubborn for that, but I wanted to try all the same - I...I was afraid to go inside and believed he would come out if I tried..."


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

"Nobody?" Drasven asks as he tosses in a twig he found into teh fire.

"This house has a history then, a dark one. I do find it strange that nothing has happened yet." he continues feeding the fire as he loosens his weapon knot.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid continues to keep an eye out for enemies as he talks, bow in hand.

"Just because you didn't see anything doesn't mean there is nothing between us and the house either. Unintelligent undead hide pretty well when they want to. Most can stand perfectly for days waiting to attack unwary people. We MUST be cautious. Are we ready? I know we took off in a pretty big hurry. Is everyone here? I still have plenty of holy water. We should pass them out. If we get attacked by packes of undead again they could be quite useful."

Everyone Note: I now have favored enemy Undead. It took it as my +4 bonus this level. (I still have Giants at +2) but you guys are my Hunter's Bond, so if I spend a move action I can impart a +2 to hit (and damage I think) to all of you against any undead for two rounds, as long as you are within 30 feet of me. So don't wander off too much if you can. Just an FYI.


Discord Chat

So where do you want to head first? Do you want to check out the ruins of the burned-out outbuilding, or head straight for the main house? From your vantage (to the southwest of the house), it looks like it has one main entrance, although there may be another one around the other side.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

As the group starts toward the house Ro tells Karmid and Edgar ”We should probably take a look around the outside first. I’d rather not have to worry too much about anything to our backs. Besides, I doubt we’ve gone unnoticed so no extra harm in poking around outside first. If we have somehow not been noticed by now, an extra walk around the place probably won’t change things.”

Ro doesn’t say anything more to Lia about the girl’s early departure. Mostly Ro had been angry with her because she was afraid for her. When she turned up safe, Ro’s anger dissipated along with her worry. Besides, Ro mostly feels sorry for Lia.

I wouldn’t trade places with her for anything. It’s just about the worst curse possible. Lia sees just enough to make her think she should be able to do something, but never enough so she knows what to do. She still has to guess and then feels responsible when she guesses wrong. Her second sight is just a trap, which she can’t even avoid.

Perception (Because it’s simply what one does): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


Male Human Fighter (Dragonheir Scion) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21/T 12/FF 19 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2| CMB: +9 | CMD: 21 | Scimitar: +11; 1d6+5/18-20 | Eldritch Strike

"It will also let us know of any other possible exits, so we can either block them or use them, as the need arises." Edgar answers Rojava. It was a tactical approach, and as a guard it's something he'd certainly consider in these events. They were about to assault a stronghold, without knowing precisely what was inside, and without sufficient forces to hold all the points of egress effectively. This was a terrible idea, and yet here he was.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid makes sure the horses are tied up and as safe as possible, then leads the group toward the house. Nodding at Ro's direction, he asks a simple question.

"Together or separate? Edgar and I range ahead if you want get it done more quickly."


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"Together.", Lia answers in Rojava's place, her voice more firm than usual.
"It is just past sunrise, let's try and be safe. If something bad happens, at least it happens to all of us..."


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Tossing the last of the meager firewood he's found, Drasven stands up and puts his axe in hand.

"Together then we go and no evil force will push us apart."


Discord Chat

Having decided to stay together, you move forward toward Foxglove Manor, leaving the cover of the woods. You first head toward the burned outbuilding, which seems to have been a small dwelling of some sort, possibly a servant's quarter. Judging by the height and type of plants that have grown up in the ruin, the building burned down years ago, perhaps even decades. A cursory examination (everyone "Taking 10" on Perception checks) reveals nothing strange or out of the ordinary, and only a few sickly-looking ravens look down upon you from the charred outer wall as you go about your search. If approached, the ravens croak and take to the air.

The manor house now looms much larger and foreboding, staring down on you with widows like vacant eyes. A palpable sense of corruption and evil emanates from the house, disquieting in its brazenness, and the sound of surf crashing against the rocks at the base of the cliff upon which it stands adds a base rumble of menace.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid silently switches back from his bow to hammer and klar then creeps closer to the house.

"Let's get this over with. Everyone follow me. Step where I step. Don't stragle, but stay out of each other's immediate reach. If you see something say something. I know Jili. Do the best you can with what you have...I swear I'm going to learn that language someday."


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"It would be nice if Flutter was here. He could take a look from above. But he did not want to come and stayed at the Cathedral.", Lia shakes her head.

Indeed, the otherwise permanent companion of Lia is nowhere to be found.
He woke Kira and told her to inform you, staying with the acolyte to explain until Lia moved out of range - which disbands him until she next regains her spells.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven takes the rear and switches out his weapon as well, holstering the deadly axe on his back while bringing out his normal crossbow once more.

"I'll cover from the back but if need be, I can fight with my axe as well."


Discord Chat

There seem to be two entrances to Foxglove Manor: a northern and a southern one. Since neither look perceptively different from one another, the group decides to head for the southern one ... and finds it locked.

Everyone please make sure that your inventory and statblock/header is correct.

I also forgot to tell you that the burned-out house had a well next to it.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid pulls out the servant's key, and tries it on the locked door.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

As they circle the grounds around the house Ro puts away her bow and takes one of her starknives in hand.

Ro takes a good look at the unlocked door to see if she can find any signs of it being rigged with a trap or some kind of alarm. Regardless though, she agrees with Karmid about trying the locked door first. No reason to trust something that looks too easy.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

She also looks the locked door over before Karmid uses the key.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven detects magic and tries to see if any can be found.


Discord Chat

Ro and Drasven busy themselves inspecting the door for anything unusual, but find nothing. Karmid slips the key you found on the ghast at the farm into the lock and it opens the door smoothly. It opens to reveal and long entrance hall.

The sound of the house straining and creaking gives this long, high-ceilinged room an additional sense of age and decay. The place smells damp, the unpleasant tinge of mold lacing the air as surely as it stains the wooden floor, walls, and furniture in pallid patches. Moldering trophies hang on the wall to the northeast: a boar, a bear, a firepelt cougar, and a stag, yet they pale in comparison to the monster on display in the center of the room. Here crouches a twelve-foot-long creature with the body of a lion, a scorpion’s tail fitted with dozens of razor barbs, huge batlike wings, and a deformed humanoid face facing you.

All the windows here have had their curtains drawn, so you'll need some form of illumination if you want to investigate.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Ro moves just inside the doorway and whispers "tanssi valot" while quickly pointing four times. Four glowing orbs appear in a row.

She sends the line of lights traveling around the room to illuminate the corners, nooks, and crannies before venturing further.

Casting Dancing Lights

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29


Discord Chat

Ro:
You can hear someone crying far away, probably from an upstairs floor.

Everyone stepping into the room detects the unmistakable scent of burning hair and flesh.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Sweating already from the stress, Karmid grunts.

"Ro...let me go first. I can take a beating much better than most of you can. Just keep them off my back."

He then grunts over his shoulder at the others in a fatherly tone of voice.

"Don't bunch up...stay of of each other's immediate reach so we don't crowd each other, but don't move away from the group without good reason. Most undead like to pick off stragglers first to 'thin the herd.'"

Activating Hunter's Bond with a Move action to give to all allies within 30 feet +2 to hit and damage against undead for the next two rounds. I don't see why I can't keep this up for a while as long as we are not in combat.


Discord Chat
Karmid Groundbreaker wrote:
Activating Hunter's Bond with a Move action to give to all allies within 30 feet +2 to hit and damage against undead for the next two rounds. I don't see why I can't keep this up for a while as long as we are not in combat.

Hunter's Bond only works against a single target, and other's need to be able to see and hear you, so I'm going to rule that you actually have to see your target first before you can declare it.

I've also updated the map to show what you can see.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Of course! That makes a lot of sense. I apologize. I forgot about that requirement of a single target. My mistake.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Ro pauses to let Karmid pass her. She directs the line of orbs to move forward ahead of him. Ro is sweating as well, but from fear. She's getting really bad vibes from the place.

"Smell that? No sign of fire but there could be one in another room. There's someone upstairs somewhere crying..."

Is the sound sobbing crying, or crying out, like moaning?


Discord Chat
Rojava Brishen wrote:
Perception: 1d20+10

Also a reminder to everyone that if you give me a generic Perception check, I will let you know what you can see, hear, smell, and taste standing in approximately the position you told us you are standing in. In Ro's case, that will be "just inside the doorway". If you are turning a room upside-down, e.g. looking in every corner, opening every drawer, etc, please specify that you are doing that. Otherwise I will assume you are "just looking around". Does that make sense?


Discord Chat
Rojava Brishen wrote:
Is the sound sobbing crying, or crying out, like moaning?

DC 12 Sense Motive check after a successful DC 18 Perception check (Ro already passed the P check):
The distant sound you hear definitely sounds like crying and not moaning.

Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

...weeping crying, not like in pain...

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Well, that's all my good dice rolls used up for the next few weeks. :p


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Skill Flurry!

Perception (+4 vs.Undead): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Sense Motive (+4 vs. Undead): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Knowledge (Religion) for possible identifying an Undead (+4 vs. Undead): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

"Yeah I hear it."


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jili moves in just behind Ro, and looks around. "I think we should look around this floor first. It could be a..." She looses control of her language at that point.

Celestial:
Trap."

She shakes her head clearly frustrated with her curse. She waves her hands and casts Detect Magic moving even with Ro to exclude her from the spell.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

3,601 to 3,650 of 3,755 << first < prev | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMD - Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.