DMD - Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Branding Opportunity

Maps
Handouts


3,501 to 3,550 of 3,942 << first < prev | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | next > last >>

Discord Chat
Jiliana Dalca wrote:
I'm lost it's been so long. Why is Jili so big on the map?

Wrong map, Jili. We're in the map that is second from the top.


Discord Chat

Round 1 cont.

Just as the first group of ghouls emerges from the burning building, Jili takes a shot with her bow. The arrow skewers the center-most ghoul through the head, dropping her instantly. (Ghoul is "dead")

Another one rushes out past Karmid and tries to jump over the fire to avoiding the burning flames, but gets singed in the process. (Ghoul reflex save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6, failure and takes 1d6 ⇒ 3 points of fire damage) In its eagerness to avoid the flames, it temporarily takes its eye off of Karmid and his earthbreaker; this is never a good idea. The Shoanti's swing lifts the creature off the ground and it falls in a broken heap 8 feet away. (Karmid AoO earthbreaker + bless: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 1 = 17, hit! Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 2) + 6 = 13; another ghoul bites the dust)

The next ghoul successfully jumps over the flames and rushes toward Ro, but she easily dodges the outstretched claws. (Ghoul reflex save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12, success! Ghoul claw attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5, miss)

Another streams past the flames and rushes past its fallen brethren, but runs into Edgar. The warrior swipes at it with his scimitar, but misjudges the distance and hits nothing but the churned up dirt of the farm. (Ghoul Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21, success!; Edgar's readied scimitar attack + bless: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 1 = 13, miss!)

The remaining ghouls stream out of the burning barn, each being burnt by the flames by varying degrees, eager to strike at the group. (All remaining ghouls make double moves and must make Reflex saves to avoid fire damage as they move through the burning squares: Ghoul Reflex save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18, success! Ghoul Reflex save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6, failure and takes 1d6 ⇒ 2 points of fire damage; Ghoul Reflex save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5, failure and takes 1d6 ⇒ 4 points of fire damage; Ghoul Reflex save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10, failure and takes 1d6 ⇒ 4 points of fire damage. The ghouls who have been damaged have been "recolored" on the map. Those who are not are undamaged.)

If Ro is holding a weapon, she gets an AaO against the "tan" ghoul now next to her. Not sure if she is or not, which is why I didn't roll.

Moving through a square marked on fire (currently a 15' x 15' area) requires a DC 12 Reflex save to avoid taking 1d6 fire damage (see all the ghouls above). Ending your movement in a square on fire means you take the fire damage, no save possible.

Spells in effect: Party: Bless; Karmid: Barkskin, Protection from Evil; Matrim: Guidance.

The party is up!


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid swings again at the closest ghoul...

Earthbreaker(2-Handed): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 6) + 6 = 17

I hope that takes that particular ghoul out, otherwise it is an AoO to move now.

"Hold on! I'm coming Ro!"

...he then attempts to bypass the flames to help Ro out!

Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Karmid's move SHOULD cause an AoO from the Ghoul between Ro and me, but give her a flank bonus as needed.


Discord Chat

Round 1-2

In order to speed things up, I'll post the ghoul's AC and hp; that way you'll know if you hit and killed ... which you did and did: Ghoul AC 14, HP 13. Also, FYI, you only have to make one Reflex save to cross the fire, not one for each square.

With another dull thump, Karmid lays another ghoul in the mud where it ceases to move. He then jumps over the flames, escaping all but superficial burns to come to Ro's defense. The ghoul next to Edgar swipes at the Shoanti, but does nothing but tear his clothes, leaving him unharmed. (Ghoul claw AoO vs. Karmid: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6, miss!)

The party (except for Karmid) is up!


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jili steps back and fires her bow at the ghoul. She curses in celestial asl the arrow flies wide and lands in the fire.

Bow, BPS, Bless: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 1 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Flutter shifts over to flank the Ghoul next to him and Rojava, and with it's fancy violet pattern, distracts the Undead creature.
Aid Another - Rojava - DC10: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Flank for Ro here, too. Since Karmid already set up a flank as well, I tend towards granting Ro the +2 AC with the assis.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia still remains ready to interfere when needed, content to watch otherwise.

On holding identical actions, the usual thing I know is keeping the original roll(since it was never prompted) - but I have also seen it handled by adding a new roll to each post - do you have a preference there?


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Ro swipes at the first ghoul Tan to approach her.

AoO: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

I wrote in my previous post that Ro did draw her other starknife so she can take the AoO.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Huh, considerably more of these than I was expecting" she remarks to Karmid as he shows up behind the ghoul mob descending on her. "I guess we should have just burned down the barn after all."

"Alright Mother Moon, I'm in a pickle and I'm going to do something stupid so help me out a little here. Start Archaeologist's Luck.

Ro continues to hold her ground. When she sees Flutter fly over to harass the ghoul she tangling with, she sends a spark of magic into her starknife and strikes at it again.

The slashing, sparkling blade neatly removes the ghoul's head from its body.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 15

Damage: 1d4 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 11

AoO, Swift to activate Archaeologists Luck, Move to activate Arcane Pool (+1 enchantment to starknife), Standard to attack Tan ghoul.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven is holding a reach weapon.
So Aoo? Bless 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 1 = 151d12 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 Bah.
Ghoul AC 14, HP 13

The dwarf takes a step back as one of the ghouls rushes his group, giving him that extra space to take a swing at it. With his back now closer to Matrim, Drasven's grip tightens and he puts his back to it.

It starts slow but with its heavy head that's expected.
Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 211d12 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
The weapon slices through the air and through the ghoul as well.


Male Human Fighter (Dragonheir Scion) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21/T 12/FF 19 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2| CMB: +9 | CMD: 21 | Scimitar: +11; 1d6+5/18-20 | Eldritch Strike

Edgar slices at the creature between himself and Drasven, focusing draconic flame around his scimitar.

Attack: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 1 + 2 = 18 Bless and Flank
Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 + 1d4 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 + (1) = 10 Arcane Strike and Draconic Strike

He slices the creature cleanly, the flames trailing his blade not so severe as the pyre burning nearby.


Discord Chat
Lia Tani wrote:
On holding identical actions, the usual thing I know is keeping the original roll(since it was never prompted) - but I have also seen it handled by adding a new roll to each post - do you have a preference there?

I don't have a preference, so pick one and we'll stick with that.

Round 1-2 cont.

While Jili's arrow does not find its mark, Ro has more luck with the ghoul who is attempting to rush past her. She swipes with starknife, and inflicts a deep cut along the ribs, nearly getting her weapon entangled in the creature's loose skin. She then follows the creature and inflicts a fatal wound while the illusory butterfly distracts it. ("Tan" ghoul is down.)

Across the fire, Drasven makes short work of the ghoul nearest him.
("Blue" ghoul is down. Drasven, thanks for reminding me that you are holding a reach weapon. It did not provoke an AoO moving into the square, but would have provoked if it left it, but your regular attack put an end to that dream.)

Edgar, Drasven took out the target of your attack and all the other remaining ghouls are a bit farther away. You could move toward the nearest one with a single move and then attack (using your roll), but then would have the end in a square that is on fire and take the 1d6 fire damage (no save). Alternatively you could do a double move.

Matrim moves up to the nearest ghoul, but it dodges his vicious dagger strike at the lost second. (Matrim takes move action and Dagger on yellow ghoul - 1 Piranha Strike: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 7 - 1 = 11, miss)

Edgar is up (see above).


Male Human Fighter (Dragonheir Scion) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21/T 12/FF 19 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2| CMB: +9 | CMD: 21 | Scimitar: +11; 1d6+5/18-20 | Eldritch Strike

Edgar walks through the flames, unburnt, though his armor certainly seems to be heating up. resist fire 5 He strikes at a zombie.


Discord Chat
Edgar Gidolb wrote:
Edgar walks through the flames, unburnt, though his armor certainly seems to be heating up. resist fire 5 He strikes at a zombie.

Edgar, can you not see or access the combat map? I ask, because you did not move yourself.

Edgar strides through the flames, and although he does not feel its sting as much as regular mortals, his toes do burn. (Fire damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6, so Edgar takes 1 hp of fire damage)

A howl goes out from the farmhouse and seconds later, a six more ghouls come streaming out of the far building, heading straight for the party. (Double move)

The ghouls next to the group howl their support and tear into you with renewed enthusiasm. They shift away from their attackers, focusing their attacks on Karmid, and manage to inflict a minor gash to the Shoanti. (Yellow ghoul claw1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8, miss; Yellow ghoul claw1 damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6; Yellow ghoul claw2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21, hit!; Yellow ghoul claw2 damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4; Yellow ghoul bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18, miss; Yellow ghoul bite damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7; Orange claw1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 ,miss; Orange claw1 damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7; Orange claw2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12, miss; Orange claw2 damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4; Orange bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7, miss; Orange bite: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7)

Karmid takes 4 points of damage and must make a DC 13 Fort save or be paralyzed.

The party is up!


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Smiling at the sudden stupidity of the creatures, Karmid roars and starts swinging with both his hammer and klar!

Swift action to activate Thunder and Fang! If the hammer hits and kills one, the Klar will move to the next one in line, preferably one already wounded.

Thunder and Fang!
Earthbreaker(2-Weapon Fighting): 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 9 - 2 = 24
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 5) + 4 = 14
+
Klar(2-Weapon Fighting): 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 9 - 2 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Discord Chat

Round 2-3 cont.

With a mighty swipe of his earthbreaker, Karmid takes down the nearest ghoul, then strikes with his klar, jamming it through the undead's skull, rendering it lifeless. (Two more ghouls down.)

Map updated.

Everyone else is up!


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Those were not the fresh house ghouls, so they should have taken some fire damage already - with max 13 HP as posted. My readied action should have triggered on the successful strike by yellow, and dealt 12 damage to it, killing it before striking Karmid.
No worries there, Lia can have been distracted by the new Ghouls appearing or something (or decided against taking the readied action) - but if the spell went off and they seem resistant to cold that would affect my options against the new group. If it did not go off, I'll not count it as used despite the trigger action taking place-


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

I double checked...while ghouls are not specifically immune to cold, they are like all undead, immune to all spells that require Fortitude saves. That would include Snowball.


Discord Chat
Lia Tani wrote:

Those were not the fresh house ghouls, so they should have taken some fire damage already - with max 13 HP as posted. My readied action should have triggered on the successful strike by yellow, and dealt 12 damage to it, killing it before striking Karmid.

No worries there, Lia can have been distracted by the new Ghouls appearing or something (or decided against taking the readied action) - but if the spell went off and they seem resistant to cold that would affect my options against the new group. If it did not go off, I'll not count it as used despite the trigger action taking place-

That's my bad. I completely forgot about Lia's readied action. Luckily there are a whole new group of ghouls to deal with.


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Are the ghouls on the right place on the map? Assuming they are. If they aren't she'll move into a position to get as many ghouls as she can with her burning hands.

Jili moves up, and casts burning hands on the ghouls in front of her.

Buring Hands Reflex 15 for Half.: 4d4 ⇒ (4, 3, 1, 4) = 12


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Just as the remaining ghouls from the barn are being put down, Ro hears more coming from the direction of the house. When she turns to look, she sees Jili facing them alone. Thinking ahead a few more moments into the future, Ro concludes Jili's heroic stand against them is likely to also soon be suicidal.

She shouts to Jili "Run! Get back over here! You're going to be swarmed!"

Ro runs up to meet Jiliana should she start falling back toward the group and the bonfire, hoping she'll listen.

Ro will move 30' toward Jiliana and ready an attack on any ghoul coming within reach.


Discord Chat
Jiliana Dalca wrote:
Are the ghouls on the right place on the map? Assuming they are. If they aren't she'll move into a position to get as many ghouls as she can with her burning hands.

I'm not sure what you are seeing, but they look to me to all be in the right place.

Jili's becomes the locus of a fiery inferno that engulfs the nearest ghouls, burning their clothes and singing their skin, but not quite taking them down. (Reflex save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6, failure)

Drasven, Lia, Edgar, and Matrim are up and will be botted if they haven't posted within 24 hours of this post.

Map updated.


Male Human Fighter (Dragonheir Scion) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21/T 12/FF 19 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2| CMB: +9 | CMD: 21 | Scimitar: +11; 1d6+5/18-20 | Eldritch Strike

Edgar hustles up to beside Jiliana, sword and shield readied, still a little on fire.

"Get behind me. I can take them." He says, and it doesn't seem like bravado.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven charges up with his wicked axe and slams its heavy blade against the closest unfortunate ghoul.

Attack with Charge 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 2 = 211d12 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
"More of them to chop up I guess."


Discord Chat

Round 2-3 cont.

While Edgar runs up to protect Jili from harm, Drasven takes out another ghoul with his axe. (Ghoul is killed)

Botting Lia and Matrim:

Lia moves up and conjures a massive and dense ball of snow, throwing it at the nearest ghoul. The dense missile nearly takes the creature's head off and it crumples to the ground. (move action; cast snowball, Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18, hit! Snowball damage: 4d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 1, 5) = 15, ghoul is dead).

Matrim moves up from the far side of the battlefield, but can't get quite close enough to strike at the undead. (Double move).

The ghouls continue rushing forward, striking at the closest party members. Edgar and Matrim are able to fend off their attackers, but Jili is not so lucky and is clawed by the monstrosity. She instantly feels her limbs become cold and distant and is unable to move! (Ghoul claw attack vs. Edgar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17, miss! Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7; Ghoul claw attack vs. Jili: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16, hit! Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7; Jili Fort save vs. paralysis DC 13: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8, failure! Ghould claw attack vs. Matrim: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4, miss! Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3)

One of the ghouls rushes through a square both Jili and Drasven are threatening, so they get an AoO against it before it gets a chance to attack.

Another figure emerges from the farmhouse dressed in a formal livery like that of a servant of a noble house. Like the others, he has been transformed into an undead servant of evil, but unlike the others, he carries with him the charnel stench of a diseased, decaying slaughterhouse that churns your stomach. The creature rushes toward the party, claws outstretched. (Edgar, Jili, Matrim, and Drasven all make Fort saves vs. the stench (DC 15): Edgar Fort save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13, failure! Jili Fort save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7, failure! Matrim Fort save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13, failure! Drasven Fort save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26, success! Jili, Edgar, and Matrim are sickened)

Spells in effect: Party: Bless; Karmid: Barkskin, Protection from Evil; Matrim: Guidance.

Map updated.

Jili takes 7 hp of damage and is paralyzed, and Jili, Edgar, and Matrim are sickened.

The party is up!


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Ro comes up behind Jiliana to help her, but must circle around toward on Matrim's side to avoid having to work her way through the crush of bodies concentrated around Jili. She swipes at a ghoul blocking her way with her starknife.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 2 + 1 = 15

Damage: 1d4 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 10


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Suddenly finding himself alone, Karmid turns and jumps the fire again and swiftly moves to close...hoping to save the others from the creature's attacks!

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

I'm trying to charge the one between Jili and Drasven, but I have to move in a straight line. I have plenty of movement to do it as long as the GM will allow me to do it I think.

"Get back Jili!"

Earthbreaker(One-Handed)w/Charge: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 2 = 30
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1) + 4 = 9

Fort Save(Stench): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

I really need to get improved Crit with my hammer...


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Well, Level 8 is not that war off, Karmid :D...

Also, there seems to have been another misunderstanding - but I see it's my fault on checking back. I figured my readied action was not triggered/taken, but remains the same: Interrupt a successful attack in hopes of killing the target and nullify damage/paralysis. Alas, the new target may be worth it. I'll decide and post tomorrow.


Male Human Fighter (Dragonheir Scion) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21/T 12/FF 19 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2| CMB: +9 | CMD: 21 | Scimitar: +11; 1d6+5/18-20 | Eldritch Strike

Edgar lashes out at one of the creatures before him, particularly the one that was going after Jiliana. He imbues the blade with draconic energy once more.

Attack: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 1 - 2 = 11
Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + (1) - 2 = 7

In his sickened state, Edgar has trouble striking the creatures.


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jili stands still unmoving as the paralysis takes effect on her system. She would be gagging, but cannot move.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia circles around the group opposite from Rojava, where Edgar alone holds the line with Jili paralyzed.
Not wanting to distract him, the frail girl reaches up and gently touches the warriors shoulder:"You can do it."
Granting a bit of luck. For the next round, all your D20 rolls are rolled twice and you take the better. That means any saves you need to make as well as any attacks you perform-

Edit: Yes, to Edgar. I placed myself on the map so that only he is a valid target at the time of posting - but the map may change so I will try and make more clear in the future.


Discord Chat

Lia, you're granting your luck to Edgar, correct?


Discord Chat

Round 2-3 cont.

Ro takes a swing at the nearest ghoul and inflicts a nasty wound on its upper thigh. The undead creature hardly feels it, however, and is not even slowed.

Karmid comes rushing through the flames and fells the ghoul standing between Jili and Drasven, while Edgar tries in vain to strike at the creature before him, and Lia moves toward the warrior to bestow a magical blessing upon him.

Spells in effect: Party: Bless; Karmid: Barkskin, Protection from Evil; Edgar: Bit of Luck; Matrim: Guidance.

Map updated.

Jili has taken 7 hp of damage and is paralyzed, and Jili, Edgar, and Matrim are sickened.

Drasven and Matrim are up.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Attack, BLess 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 1 = 141d12 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Drasven swings his heavy axe once more, seeking to keep the ghouls off his companion. Its heavy head makes it easy to dodge however....


Discord Chat

Round 2-3 cont.

While Drasven's axe goes wide, Matrim slashes both of his daggers at the ghoul in front of him, cutting it down with two deft strokes. He then moves closer to the leader of the ghouls, desperately keeping his gorge from rising into his throat. (Dagger1: 1d20 + 5 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 17, hit! Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7; Dagger2: 1d20 + 5 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 5 - 2 + 1 = 19, hit! Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8; ghoul is dead.)

The two remaining ghouls direct all of this energy into bringing down Edgar, and one even manages to get a diseased claw past the warrior's defenses, inflicting a minor flesh wound. Claw1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16, miss! Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7; Claw2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5, miss! Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3; Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10, miss! Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5; Ghoul 2 Claw1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22, hit! Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2; Ghoul2 Claw2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16, miss! Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4; Ghoul2 Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4, miss! Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4; Edgar Fort Save vs. DC 15: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9, failure! I'm guessing you'll want to use your "Bit of Luck" to reroll that failed save, Edgar.

The well-dressed ghoul focuses on Matrim, inflicting two nasty wounds to his upper leg and torso. Claw1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20, hit! Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6; Claw2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17, hit! Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9; Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9, miss Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4; Fort Save1 vs Paralysis DC : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23, success! Fort Save2 vs Paralysis DC : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25, success!

Ro is now within the ghast's stench aura and must make a Fort save: Ro vs. DC 15: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21, success! Ro is NOT sickened.

Spells in effect: Party: Bless; Karmid: Barkskin, Protection from Evil

Map updated.

Jili has taken 7 hp of damage and is paralyzed, Edgar has taken 2 of damage and might be paralyzed, and Matrim has taken 15 hp of damage is not paralyzed. Jili, Edgar, and Matrim are sickened. I had also forgot to roll the duration of Jili's paralysis, which should be 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 rounds. She has already been paralyzed for 1 round, which means she has 4 to go.

The party is up!


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

"NO! FACE ME!"

Karmid steps up, seeing his friends getting hurt and falling. Panicing a little, he starts swinging wildly at the Ghoul leader!

Thunder and Fang!
Earthbreaker(2-Weapon Fighting): 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 9 - 2 = 12
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 2) + 4 = 9
+
Klar(2-Weapon Fighting): 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 9 - 2 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Spending my last Hero point re-roll for the Earthbreaker attack...
Earthbreaker(2-Weapon Fighting): 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 9 - 2 = 25


Discord Chat

The ghast steps back a bit to avoid the worst of the barbarian's swings, but is clearly shaken by the attack. (Ghast takes 12 hp of damage.)

All but Karmid are up!


Male Human Fighter (Dragonheir Scion) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21/T 12/FF 19 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2| CMB: +9 | CMD: 21 | Scimitar: +11; 1d6+5/18-20 | Eldritch Strike

Edgar's luck tries to help him not be paralyzed. Fort vs Paralysis DC 15: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Unfortunately it does not appear to be enough as he does succumb to the paralysis.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Unlike Fortune or similar single-reroll abilities, bit of luck actually does allow EACH d20 roll to be double-rolled. For the next round, any time the target rolls a d20, he may roll twice and take the more favorable result. So aside from the tactical consideration of not being able to act otherwise, there are technically no re-rolls of failed saves - they are initially rolled twice and the better result used.. Just wanted to point that out since you rolled the primary save for him, but not the double-roll(which is in some aspects different from a re-roll and has interesting interactions with abilities granting actual re-rolling). If you had rolled both dice, that next roll would have been the 15 the ghouls used for attacking and he would have been unaffected. Water down the River, now, just saying.

Lia is surprised when Edgar stiffens up:"That was not supposed to happen. Flutter? What now?" - "Take out the ghouls°! - "Oh...right. Good idea!"
Stepping to the side to get a clear line of fire, Lia conjures another snowball, targetting the one right in front of Edgar with it.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 - 4 = 14 Cold Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 5, 1) = 16


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Ro calls out to Drasven "help out on the right, Karmid and I will take care of this one!"

Gritting her teeth against the ghast's stench, Ro comes up beside Matrim and with a quick jab drives her starknife into the the thing.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 2 + 1 = 29

Damage: 1d4 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 11


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

With that in mind, Drasven steps up to defend Jill with his longer weapon as he wields it in an attempt to reduce the number of ghouls attacking her.

5 foot step and attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 101d12 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

He curses as his swings doesn't connect with anything as he tries not to hurt Jill too.


Discord Chat

Round 3-4

Lia's spell rips through the ghoul, nearly disintegrating it with the force of its magic. Standing directly next to it, Edgar receives a blast of super-chilled hair that covers the warrior in a thin layer of frost. (Ghoul is dead).

Drasven has less luck and his attack goes wide.

Rojava jabs the starknife into the foul ghast standing next to her, but it simply smiles as if she had given it a light tap and bears its teeth. (Ghast takes 11 hp of damage.)

Botting Matrim and Jili:
Matrim jumps to the ghast's side, trying to flank it, but can't quite manage to get all the way to the creature's far side. He slashes with his knives but in his condition the creature is just too fast for him. (Knife1+Bless-Sickened: 1d20 + 3 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 1 - 2 = 16, miss! Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 Knife2+Bless-Sickened: 1d20 + 3 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 1 - 2 = 16, miss! Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1)

Jill continues standing frozen.

The remaining ghoul sidles up next to the ghast and vents its frustration at Karmid. (Claw1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10, miss! Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2; Claw1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19, miss! Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2; Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23, hit! Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3; Crit confirm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20, crit does not confirm; Karmid Fort save vs paralysis vs. DC 15: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9, Karmid is paralyzed!)

Spells in effect: Party: Bless; Karmid: Barkskin, Protection from Evil

Map updated.

Jili has taken 7 hp of damage and is paralyzed, Edgar has taken 2 of damage, and Karmid has taken e and both are paralyzed, and Matrim has taken 15 of damage is not paralyzed. Jili, Edgar, and Matrim are sickened.

The party is up!


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Ro darts back out of the ghast's reach. With a quick appeal to Desna, she touches Karmid and frees him from his paralysis.

5' step adjacent to Karmid, Casting Remove Paralysis Domain SLA and delivering it to Karmid via touch.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Feeling his luck finally running out as his muscles stiffen, Karmid feels the light touch of Ro and shouts triumphantly as he's suddenly released!

"MINE!"

He then swings powerfully at the Ghast, his attacks synchronized and quick!

Thunder and Fang!
Earthbreaker(2-Weapon Fighting)+Bless: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 9 - 2 + 1 = 19
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 6) + 4 = 15
+
Klar(2-Weapon Fighting)+Bless: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 9 - 2 + 1 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"More?", Lia inquires of Flutter, who confirms:"More."
Creating another ball of ice, empowering it with her inherent arcane power, she flings it at the next creature in line - the Ghast.

Ranged Touch, into Melee: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 5 - 4 = 14 It should have been +5 all along - statline R.Touch was outdated. Spending one Arcane Pool Point to raise Caster Level.
Cold Damage: 5d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 5, 3, 6) = 24


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 231d12 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Drasven too adds his axe into the general melee and hoping to protect Jill as well.


Discord Chat

Round 3-4

Ro reaches out to Desna and draws on the goddess' power to release Karmid from his paralysis.

The Shoanti comes back to life and slams the ghast with his earthbreaker, knocking it on the ground where it lies motionless.

Left with only one target, Lia fires another spell at the ghoul, hitting it in the midsection and nearly tearing it in two.

Combat over!

Over a dozen stinking corpses lie all around you while the ghast's stench is enough to turn anyone's stomach, even in death. The fire at the barn's front door looks like it might catch the entire barn on fire if nothing is done to quench the flame.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia considers dropping the burning fire into a pit, to buy them some time - but then decides against it, for fear of someone falling or jumping down and getting roasted.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid drops his hammer and grabs Jili's frozen form gently, then lowers her down to the ground away from the carnage near Lia.

"Someone conjure water on the barn to help keep it from catching fire, or grab a bucket! Drasven? Help me shift the fire away from the barn. Then let's pile the corpses on it. Maybe the fire will kill the smell faster, if nothing else."

Once free of Jili's form, he reluctantly leaves her to the others and moves to use a pickfork from the barn to start shifting the bonfire away from the barn's entrance and more into the open so they can use it as he suggested.

"Someone should check both buildings for any survivors hiding or wounded still converting to monsters."


Male Human Fighter (Dragonheir Scion) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21/T 12/FF 19 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2| CMB: +9 | CMD: 21 | Scimitar: +11; 1d6+5/18-20 | Eldritch Strike

Edgar continues standing rigid, waiting for the paralysis to fade.


Discord Chat
Edgar Gidolb wrote:
Edgar continues standing rigid, waiting for the paralysis to fade.

It will be a few minutes, but at least you're not right next to a raging fire at the moment.

3,501 to 3,550 of 3,942 << first < prev | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMD - Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.