DMD - Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Branding Opportunity

Maps
Handouts


3,451 to 3,500 of 3,937 << first < prev | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | next > last >>

Discord Chat

GM stuff:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Karmid is pretty sure that the barn roof will not support his increased weight. Want to reconsider the action, Karmid?


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

OK, skip the Enlarge then! =/


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

And here I had a brief impression of Karmid doing an Antman from Avengers Endgame....


Discord Chat

Combat Round 1

Once he emerges onto the roof, Karmid is spotted by the ghoul on the roof.

Drasven Hammers 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Lia Tani 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Karmid Groundbreaker 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Rojava Brishen 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Edgar Gidolb 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Jiliana Dalca 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Uldar Unstown 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Matrim of Shadows 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Ghoul 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Everyone can act, although only Ro and especially Karmid can attack the ghoul on the roof (Ro can theoretically attack him with a ranged attack). The other Pcs are a full round of movement (i.e. a double move) away from being where Ro is now. The only enemy at the moment is the ghoul on the roof.

The party is up!


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Stepping quickly, Karmid attacks the flatfooted ghoul!

Earthbreaker(2-Handed): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 2) + 6 = 13

AC is one less with my Klar put away.


Discord Chat

COMBAT ROUND 1

Karmid slaps the ghoul upside his undead head and the creature crumbles, tumbling off the thatched roof of the bard and landing in the mud with a dull thud.

Karmid holds his breath, listening for any noise from inside the barn. To his great relief, he does not think anyone inside heard the combat.

GM Stuff:
1d20 ⇒ 6

COMBAT OVER!


Male Human Fighter (Dragonheir Scion) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21/T 12/FF 19 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2| CMB: +9 | CMD: 21 | Scimitar: +11; 1d6+5/18-20 | Eldritch Strike

Edgar who had been rushing up slows down and stops... feeling a little anticlimactic to have broken stealth only to be useless. He lets out a sigh, then takes up a waiting stance again.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven is still waiting for the signal....
Combat is over? Great job Karmid!


M Halfling Arrowsong Minstrel(Bard)-4 | HP 30/30 | AC18 F15 T14 | F+3 R+8 W+6(+2 vs fear, +2 vs charm/compul) | CMD15 Spd 20' | Init+3 Percep+10 | Performances 13/14

As the ghoul falls dead (again?), Uldar keeps his eyes peeled for others who might come out of the farm to investigate.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Putting away his hammer again, Karmid re-attaches his Klar shield and quickly checks the roof level for a hatch or window near it he can look through.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Maybe it's obvious? =(


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Oh, or maybe he gets stuck in the chimney on his scouting mission?

Lia stands next to Jilliana, using magic to create the sound impression of a crackling fire.
Ghost Sound. Volume low.


Discord Chat

The barn has no visible windows or hatches in it. The roof is made of straw and is piled at least three to four feet thick.

Lia begins her fire sound, but at the moment the noise is unlikely to carry into the barn.


The fire sound is not directed at the Barn - nor those inside. It is there to get Jilliana in the mood for some Arson. The arcane version of whispering in her ear to 'do it'.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Ro watches Karmid, climb up and then shifts her location so she's ready to fling a starknife at the ghoul on the roof when it stands. When Karmid dispatches it in a single blow, she waves the others who are waiting in the distance to come on up.

She moves back to the side of the barn with the braced door and waits for them and Karmid to join her. In the meantime she puts her ear to the wall and listens carefully. As much as she likes the idea of burning the place down with the ghouls inside, she's not sure they can guarantee there are only ghouls inside just yet.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Sorry about the long absence. This house buying thing is eating up every bit of my free time right now.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Better to spend the time than end up with a mortgage on something you hate. =)


Discord Chat

Ro listens at the door and hears muffled grunting and moving about, but no human voices. This doesn't mean there isn't a human inside, but if there is, they are not talking.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Leaning out over the edge of the roof, Karmid waves to everyone to approach, then gestures for Ro to remove the door brace he created and then knock. He then emphasizes his hammer and his willingness to use it.


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jili has her hands ready to try to set the roof on fire if there in fact no humans in the barn when it all shakes out. She moves forward as quietly as she can.

Stealth: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17


Discord Chat

So what is the plan? Burn the barn down or charge in? It seems you're aiming for both things, and I don't think they're very compatible.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven finally catches the signal and begins moving towards said door....


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Not precisely compatible, but there may be a workable compromise. :)

As badly as Ro would like to just burn down the barn with the ghouls inside, she just can't be quite sure enough there are no surviving people in the building with them. She decides that leaving the barn intact doesn't preclude the use of fire though.

Ro breaks the silence they've all been observing once everyone has made it to the area outside the doors. "Let's gather up some fuel, we're going to start ourselves a fire."

Ro starts herself, bringing over some of the other branches from which she'd earlier selected the door braces. Instead of piling them against the building though, she leaves a gap of five feet or so between the door and the fire. It's close enough to block easy departure from the barn, but too far away to set the barn on fire.

As the others pitch in and the pile of flammables is close to completion, she raises her voice almost to normal volume, just in case the ghouls inside haven't quite caught on yet.

"Quick, let's get the pile finished and aflame. No point in risking a fight when we can just burn the barn down and roast them all inside."

Bluff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Bluff vs. the ghouls, not the party, Ro's going to make it clear they're not actually burning the barn down, just flushing the ghouls out and hopefully scorching them good as they try to come out through the door.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Sense Motive 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

"You intend to burn everything and everyone inside?" Drasven asks aghast.

He looks around and tries to hear for any possible signs of non turned ghouls...

"Surely there's another way?"


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jili helps gather up the wood, and set it in front of the doors. "Tell me when." She waggles her fingers and casts the spell Burning Hands on the tinder.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

As the pile of fuel for the fire grows large, Ro puts aside any attempt to remain quiet. She urges everyone on to hurry in getting the pile ready, and then tells Jiliana loudly to "light it up!"

The whole time she tries to keep her ears trained for any sign the ghouls inside have noticed the activity outside.

When the fire is lit, Ro reaches up to touch Karmid's foot or tippy-toe, whatever she can touch of him, to deliver Protection from Evil to ward him. She's given up on trying to scold him out of taking his risks. He'll probably need the extra protection more than anyone else.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven shrugs as he helps pile on the logs and guessing that his crossbow would not be so helpful in the likely ensuring melee, he brings out his axe instead.

With a whispered prayer, he asks for Abadar blessings on their work.
Cast bless


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia steps aside, to the back, then her hair suddenly calms down from its usual state, as a light breeze picks up near the fire, blowing Embers and sparks away from the barn.

Casting Breeze on the Fire. Much as I would like to burn the place down, I'm not sabotaging the plan :)


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid leans down and bumps a fist with Ro, not just to show solidarity but to accept the spell.

Then he readies himself to jump off the roof...at the right time. Hammer in one hand and Klar in the other.


Discord Chat

Please place your avatar on the map where you'd like to start the combat. The door to the barn (which is the building in the top-right of the map) is located just to the "east" of the lightsource on the outside. The barn doors are about 15' wide (3 squares).


Discord Chat

Initiative
Drasven Hammers 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Lia Tani 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Karmid Groundbreaker 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Rojava Brishen 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Edgar Gidolb 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Jiliana Dalca 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Uldar Unstown 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Matrim of Shadows 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Ghouls 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Unknown 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

The doors of the barn burst open and you can see smoke pouring out from inside; it seems you have caught the hay on the floor of the barn near the doors on fire. It sends up a dark billow of smoke along with a small wall of flame that approaches waist height directly in front of the barn doors.

First round is a surprise round for all of you, so please take your standard OR move action in posting order. On round 1 of combat, it will be Matrim, Ro, and Lia, then the ghouls, then everyone else.

Map has been updated. The orange line in front of the doors is the fire.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid's just waiting for the right moment to jump down. NOTE: My AC is currently 21 with Barkskin and Protection from Evil on me.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

I'm last again!! lol. Slaps guidance on anybody (ally) in range....


Discord Chat
Drasven Hammers wrote:
I'm last again!! lol. Slaps guidance on anybody (ally) in range....

Um, whom, specifically?


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jili casts Bless on the party.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|
GM BrOp wrote:
Drasven Hammers wrote:
I'm last again!! lol. Slaps guidance on anybody (ally) in range....
Um, whom, specifically?

urmmm Karmid? or Matrim then myself in that order.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

I'm out of reach for you dear Sir Drasven. Make it Matrim or Edgar.


Discord Chat
Jiliana Dalca wrote:
Jili casts Bless on the party.

OK, that will hit everyone except for Uldar. Drasven and Jili are casting spells, Karmid is readying an action to jump down, what is everyone else doing? It's the surprise round, so everyone gets a move or standard action, folks.


Male Human Fighter (Dragonheir Scion) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21/T 12/FF 19 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2| CMB: +9 | CMD: 21 | Scimitar: +11; 1d6+5/18-20 | Eldritch Strike

Edgar readies a strike in the event an enemy comes within slashing range.


M Halfling Arrowsong Minstrel(Bard)-4 | HP 30/30 | AC18 F15 T14 | F+3 R+8 W+6(+2 vs fear, +2 vs charm/compul) | CMD15 Spd 20' | Init+3 Percep+10 | Performances 13/14

Uldar starts a martial tune to inspire his friends in combat.
inspire courage +1 to hit, to damage, and vs fear


Discord Chat

Thanks for the posts. Will bot anyone who hasn't posted by tomorrow.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Guidance on Matrim then


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Ro tries not to tense up as she readies to throw her spare starknife at the first ghoul to clear the door and round the fire on her side.

Attack (Ranged): 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 1 = 16

Damage: 1d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6

I added the fire we built to where I think it should be on the map. BrOp please adjust as needed. I'm a little fuzzy in surprise rounds and readied actions. If she can't ready an attack, Ro will instead cast Guidance on herself.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Well, as said - a slight lack of spells, considering we also have the house to deal with. Can't run on fumes for then.

Lia watches, calmly, but ready to throw a snowball at one of the Ghouls at a moment's notice.
Certainly, if they were heated by the fire, being hit with something cold would be effective.

If one of the Ghouls successfully attacks one of us:
Readied Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 Cold: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 2, 6) = 12
Technically I should interrupt and possibly make it impossible for him to complete the action by re-murdering him.


Discord Chat

Surprise Round

Note to everyone readying an action during the surprise round: if your initiative is higher then that of the ghouls, you have effectively given up your surprise round action, as you will get to go again before the ghouls in round 1. I know there might not be anything good to do in the surprise round, but I just thought I'd explain how readying works in PF.

Karmid bides his time (Ready "charge"), while Drasven and Jili casts spells to help their companions. Lia readies a casting of a spell, while Ro calls on the goddess to guide her actions (See above why I changed Ro's action to the casting of the spell). Matrim moves up to protect the others with his daggers should they be attacked (move action).

Spells in effect: Party: Bless; Karmid: Barkskin, Protection from Evil; Matrim: Guidance.

Round 1
Matrim, Ro, and Lia are up, followed by the ghouls, then everyone else.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

I am aware, that was why I stated I was open to suggestions. With more spell slots, I may have fired one off, then readied in main round. But I'm trying to conserve some spells for the house and only cast if it may make a difference.

Lia maintains her readyness.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Ro waits, ready to throw her spare starknife at the first ghoul to clear the door and round the fire on her side.

Attack (Ranged): 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 1 = 10

Damage: 1d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7

Same as before for Ro. She wait hold her action until she has clear line of sight on a ghoul for her throw. She will save her bonus from Guidance in case she needs to make a saving throw.

Ugh, of course. Nice to see some time away did nothing to improve my luck with the dice. :p


Discord Chat

Round 1 cont.

Matrim stands ready to strike once the ghouls emerge from the burning barn. (Matrim goes on Delay)

The first ghoul charges out of the barn just as Karmid jumps down. He drives his earthbreaker into the undead creature's head, rupturing it like an overripe pumpkin. He lands hard on the ground and goes down to one need to keep himself from falling over. (Karmid charges ghoul: Karmid earthbreaker + bless + charge: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 1 + 2 = 21, Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (6, 3) + 6 = 15; Acrobatics check - 1 ACP to avoid taking damage from falling off the roof: 1d20 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 2 - 1 = 16, no damage taken.)

I've moved three of the ghouls out to trigger any actions.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

With the extra time to wait, it seems Ro over-prepared herself. Her starknife misses the ghoul she sees and sticks into the bard with a thud.

Ro holds her ground and draws her other starknife. "Move back some Lia, give yourself some room to move if one of them gets past me."


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Lia takes a step back. And fires an arrow at the ghoul who is not in melee with her allies.

I'm lost it's been so long. Why is Jili so big on the map?

Longbow, PBS: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 1 = 27
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Longbow, PBS, Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 1 = 21
Damage: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (6, 6) + 6 = 18


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Jiliana takes a step back, as well, and then Lia moves the current combat map with a regular-sized Jiliana to the first page of Google Docs, whatever any of that means, even if it makes perfect sense to her.

Luckily, doing such does not invalidate her allies action as there is also a Ghoul that qualifies for being turned into a pin-cushion on that map.
Apart from that, she once again remains ready to cast against an enemy about to succeed in hurting one of her allies.


Also, you were so big because you never dismounted then...on the current map, we're all regular-size because we did.

Flutter positions himself between Lia and Rojava, and answers the latter: "I'll protect her if one gets past you. Worry about your own safety, foremost!"

3,451 to 3,500 of 3,937 << first < prev | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMD - Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.