Clebsch GM Wrath of the Righteous Adventure Path

Game Master Clebsch73

Six people hold recovering the Sword of Valor, if they can retake the fortress city of Drezen and strike into the Worldwound itself.

Party Loot

Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress


2,301 to 2,350 of 3,894 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 91/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|6/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

If you had to think very long about what Anarya's action probably was going to be, you haven't been paying attention! It's channel time!

Seeing the opportunity to advance in the wake of Maidenhair's movement forward, Anarya took her chance. Carefully skirting the edge of the pit, she darted around the ice elemental, pinning it between her spiked morningstar and Ellena's radiant holy blade. "You will not hurt my friends!" Anarya cried out to all the foes in the room. She tried to keep her tone firm, but she could feel her light fading. I only have one more of these left in me, she thought. Soon my light will reach only as far as my fingertips, she realized with a growing fear.

Channel Energy: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6

Moving, then channeling. Hopefully the ice elemental and the blood dragon have already wasted all their AoOs.


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Ellena set her feet and swung at the elemental once again. "Get back to your icy plane, demon," she yelled at the creature.

power attack with Radiance 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 10 - 2 = 16
Damage 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Silver Crusade

Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 91/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|6/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

Anarya harries the ice elemental from behind, making it harder to dodge Ellena's attack.

+2 for flanking, Ellena!


Goblin Jester of Ustalav, Franti the Fool | HP 31/31 | 0 Nonlethal | AC 18| 8 Smiles | Gear/Rolls | Theme Song (Battle) | 1/3 Terendelev Scale (Alter Self) | Party Loot

Forgive my late post, thought things would be calm this week, boy was I wrong!

Franti hopped past the fell ice-dragon that had already given him so much trouble. As the lizardfolk warrior turned his attention to Karas, the fool in turn shifted his focus onto the scales foe. The goblin swung a sap, hoping to further hinder it's ability to harm the fool's friends.

Flanking Attack: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 11 + 2 = 28 for Sneak Attack: 1d4 + 5 + 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + (2, 6) + 2 = 19, nonlethal, applying disoriented.

Disoriented:
The target takes a –2 penalty on attack rolls. In addition, the target takes an additional –2 penalty on all attack rolls it makes against the rogue. At 10th level and 16th level, the penalty on attack rolls made against the rogue increases by –2 (to a total maximum of –8).


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

Prescience 1d20 ⇒ 9

Tauni said to Avelina "Be on guard. When my spell wears off, those two elementals will rise to this level again."

Tauni moved up behind Ellena. She uncoiled her whip as she did so. She lashed out at the elemental's leg, trying to drag it down to help Ellena finish it off.

Trip attempt 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (15) - 2 = 13

That ends the Sanctuary effect, but I don't need to run through a bunch of AOOs to get to Franti now.


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas continued his clawed assault on the blood dragon as his wounds sealed from a combination of Anarya's warm white light mixing with the soft blue glow of his blood's power.

Magic Claw Attack 1, PA: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 9 - 2 = 20
Claw Damage, PA: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Magic Claw Attack 2, PA: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 9 - 2 = 22
Claw Damage, PA: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

On the Table:
Krgzzrchsest: Heavy Mace, flanking: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11
Claw, flanking: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 2 = 19
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5, fire damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Bite, flanking: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 = 10

Tauni can change her action, since she can tell that since these ice elementals "stand" on their snake-like lower bodies, they cannot be tripped. Her sanctuary is still up, unless she makes some other kind of attack. If she would not have used her prescience if not making an attack, she can take that back as well. Since Ellena takes out the ice elemental in her next attack, let's assume Tauni delayed until after Ellena attacked.

Anarya slipped past both the ice elemental and the blood dragon, who were too busy trying to hit Maidenhair to be able to attack her as well. Her halo glowed more brightly for a moment as healing energy radiated out to her friends, while somehow missing her many injured enemies.

I neglected to add Krgzzrchsest, the lizardfolk to his place in the initiative order for round 4, but he gets his attacks next.

Krgzzrchsest here! the lizardfolk fighter grunted out to Bludarch, the blood dragon, and then he swung his heavy mace at Karas, and followed up with a swipe with his clawed left hand, and tried to bite the tiefling. It seemed to be unusually good at making so many attacks at once. The heavy mace clanged off Karas' armor, the bite closed on only air, but the claw got purchase on Karas' skin and past his scales to draw more blood, although the heat of the attack did not get through the tiefling's natural resistance to heat. 5 lethal.

Ellena gave a mighty swing and her glowing sword sliced through the torso of the ice elemental, reducing it to crushed ice which vanished after a moment.

Ellena can take a move action if she wants.

Karas' claws became a blur as he attacked the blood dragon. The dragon tried to avoid the attacks, but was too slow. Its scales could not prevent Karas' sharp claws from its tender flesh below. 22 points damage. Karas suspected that if the creature was not bloodraging, its wounds would be mortal, but it did not succumb, powered by its rage and bloodlust.

Franti took advantage of the fiery lizardfolk warrior's split attention and delivered another painful and disorienting attack, although he realized this foe would be unusually difficult to hit because he had both a chain shirt, unusually thick skin covered with hard scales, unusual quickness, and something magical that tried to deflect his hand. He also felt the intense heat coming off his body, which would surely burn him if he had to actually touch him. 19 nonlethal, disorienting the foe, reducing his AC by 2 for everyone and by 4 for Franti's next attack.

Previous Rounds:
Surprise round
Franti: (moves)
Elemental 3: (moves)
Elemental 1: (attacks, misses)
Elemental 2: (attacks, hits, 6 to Franti, staggers him)
Maidenhair: (Delay)
Karas: (moves)

Round 1
Franti (9 lethal, staggered)(moves)
Ikalo (30 nonlethal, debilitated)(moves, breath weapon, 11 to Franti, 5 to Karas, both fatigued 1 round, AOO does 6 to Karas)
Elemental 3: (attacks, misses)
Elemental 1 (attacks, misses, AOO does 3 to Karas)
Bludarch (moves, attacks, hits, 2 to Franti)
Avelina: (Casts spell, 9 lethal to Bludarch, both dragons blinded 1 round)
Tauni (casts spell, #2 and #3 elementals fall into pit, take 10 and 11 respectively)
Elemental 2: (in pit, 10 lethal)(fails 2 climb checks)
Anarya: (4 lethal)(moves, channels 10 healing)
Krgzzrchsest (action unknown, moves)
Maidenhair (delays)
Ellena (PFE: Cold, 4 lethal)(uses scale, moves)
Karas (9 lethal, fatigued): (moves, demoralize attempt, fails, takes 9 lethal from AOOs)

Round 2
Franti (10 lethal, fatigued)(full attack, hits do 13 and 17 nonlethal to Ikalo)
Ikalo (37 nonlethal, 7 lethal, debilitated, blind): (step, full attack, 9 to Franti)
Elemental 3: (in pit, 11 lethal)(2 climb attempts, both fail)
Elemental 1: (6 lethal)(step, attack, miss)
Bludarch (24 lethal, blind, bloodraging, fire aura): (rages, fire aura does 1 lethal to Franti, Breath attack, 4 to Ellena and Anarya, 6 to Ice Elemental 1)
Avelina (uses wand, does 7 to ice dragon)
Tauni (activates sanctuary on scale)
Elemental 2 (in pit, 10 lethal)(2 climb attempts, both fail)
Anarya (channel energy, heals 9)
Krgzzrchsest (moves, attacks, misses)
Maidenhair (delays)
Ellena (attacks, misses)
Karas (15 lethal, raging)(step, full attack, 1 hits, 15 to Bludarch, heals 1 point)

Round 3
Franti (16 lethal)(step,two attacks, 1 hits, 7 nonlethal to ice dragon)
Ikalo (37 nonlethal, 9 lethal, unconscious)(step, full attack, 12 to Franti)
??: (cast spell, ice slick)
Elemental 3 (in pit, 11 lethal)(climb checks fail)
Elemental 1 (20 lethal, killed, gone from melee)(slam, hits, 6 lethel to Ellena, AOO misses)
Bludarch (46 lethal, bloodraging, fire aura)(step, full attack, 16 to Karas, AOO 8 to Maidenhair)
Maidenhair (2 lethal)(double move)
Avelina (wand use, 9 to Ice Dragon)
Elemental 2 (in pit, 10 lethal)
Anarya (move, channel, 6 healing to all allies)
Krgzzrchsest (19 nonlethal)(full attack, 1 hit, 5 to Karas)
Ellena (attacks, hits 14 to Ice Elemental 1, move?)
Tauni
Karas (14 lethal, raging)(full attack, 2 hits, 22 lethal to Bludarch, heals 1 point)

Round 4
Franti (16 lethal)(attacks, hits, 19 nonlethal to Krgzzrchsest)
Ikalo (37 nonlethal, 9 lethal, unconscious)
??:
Elemental 3 (in pit, 11 lethal)
Bludarch (46 lethal, bloodraging, fire aura)
Maidenhair (2 lethal)
Avelina
Tauni
Elemental 2 (in pit, 10 lethal)
Anarya
Krgzzrchsest (19 nonlethal)
Ellena
Karas (14 lethal, raging)

Tauni should post her next action, which would have come just before Karas' attack on Bludarch and Franti's attack on Krgzzrchsest, or she can delay further. Another melee actor gets an action after Franti's turn, so no one else post until I give the word. Also Ellena can take a move action to move into the square occupied by the vanquished ice elemental or move somewhere else. She would have observed that the blood dragon will not likely be able to make any attacks of opportunity against her, since it did not attack Anarya when she moved past.


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Could you move me 5' forward, DM, so I can engage that beastie that has Karas flanked next round?


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

Thank you, yes, I'll restate.

Tauni ran, skirting around the pit she created and rushing past Maidenhair. She circled around the far side of the ice slick and ended up near Franti.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

I'm drawing out the light levels, now that there is some light in the room and people are far enough in to begin to see the full extent of the room, as light allows. I don't recall Tauni specifying she has a light spell or torch or similar light, so I'm assuming the only light in the room comes from Anarya's halo and Ellena's sword/shield. If Tauni has a light, I'll have to redraw.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Behind the screen:
Úlfa: Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Úlfa DC 18 Save to target Tauni with spell: Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

On the Table:
Tauni: DC 16 Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Tauni:
Tauni is under the effect of a spell called Arcane Disruption. The caster was successful on a will save to overcome the sanctuary effect. For the duration of this spell, observe the following limitations:
Spell Description wrote:

This spell makes it difficult for the subject to cast arcane spells, use spell-like abilities, and use some abilities granted by arcane spellcasting classes. The subject must succeed at a concentration check (DC = 10 + 1/2 its caster level) in order to cast an arcane spell, use any spell-like ability (even those that come from a divine source), use arcane spell completion or spell trigger magic items, or use any of the following class features that come from an arcane spellcasting class: arcane school powers, arcanist exploits, bardic performances, magus arcana, or witch hexes. Spells, spell-like abilities, or class features that take a free, swift, or immediate action aren’t affected by this spell, nor are mythic spells or mythic powers.

While under the effect of this spell, if the subject must attempt a concentration check to cast an arcane spell or use an arcane spell-like ability for any reason other than the effect of this spell (such as casting defensively, being injured while casting, and so on), it takes a penalty on that check equal to 1/2 its caster level.

Behind the screen:
DC: 10
Anarya: Perception, visual, non-opposed: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Avelina: Perception: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (19) - 4 = 15
Ellena: Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8
Franti: Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Karas: Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Tauni: Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Maidenhair: Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22

On the Table:
Bludarch: DC 13 Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Electrical damage: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 6) = 12
Anarya: Cold iron heavy mace: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Damage: 1d8 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
Maidenhair DC 17: Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Maidenhair: Slam: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25
Damage: 2d4 + 5 ⇒ (4, 3) + 5 = 12

From the dim light at the north side of the room, the sound of spell casting could be heard (and Franti and Tauni smelled pepper). Avelina, Franti, Karas, Tauni, and Maidenhair all spotted the spell caster hiding in a niche in the north cave wall, a woman wearing no armor, but with a number of potion bottles and wands at her belt. She was dressed in a manner of the Ulfen people to the north. She drew a wand.

Zephyr, the raiju, had been at the back of the group, and at the beginning of the battle, it held back, not clear what was happening. Once the room cleared, she advanced and when she saw the blood dragon attacking Karas, she growled, which sounded like distant thunder and then a lightning bolt formed above the dragon and stabbed downward. The dragon shifted enough to only take a glancing blow from the lightning, but it still suffered a nasty shock and burn. 6 lethal

This nearly killed the dragon, but it was barely able to stay conscious. He has the disabled condition.

Bludarch, sensing he was in mortal peril, started to fly away to safety, but Anarya had her mace ready and gave it a righteous smack that cracked his skull. He collapsed on the ground with a groan and a small puff of smoke and died.

Maidenhair contemplated attacking the fiery lizardman, but chose instead to move toward the new enemy, the spellcaster. She avoided slipping on the ice and got within reach of her long, tree-like arms and swung at the woman. The blow struck her and left her bruised and bleeding. 12 lethal

Previous Rounds:
Surprise round
Franti: (moves)
Elemental 3: (moves)
Elemental 1: (attacks, misses)
Elemental 2: (attacks, hits, 6 to Franti, staggers him)
Maidenhair: (Delay)
Karas: (moves)

Round 1
Franti (9 lethal, staggered)(moves)
Ikalo (30 nonlethal, debilitated)(moves, breath weapon, 11 to Franti, 5 to Karas, both fatigued 1 round, AOO does 6 to Karas)
Elemental 3: (attacks, misses)
Elemental 1 (attacks, misses, AOO does 3 to Karas)
Bludarch (moves, attacks, hits, 2 to Franti)
Avelina: (Casts spell, 9 lethal to Bludarch, both dragons blinded 1 round)
Tauni (casts spell, #2 and #3 elementals fall into pit, take 10 and 11 respectively)
Elemental 2: (in pit, 10 lethal)(fails 2 climb checks)
Anarya: (4 lethal)(moves, channels 10 healing)
Krgzzrchsest (action unknown, moves)
Maidenhair (delays)
Ellena (PFE: Cold, 4 lethal)(uses scale, moves)
Karas (9 lethal, fatigued): (moves, demoralize attempt, fails, takes 9 lethal from AOOs)

Round 2
Franti (10 lethal, fatigued)(full attack, hits do 13 and 17 nonlethal to Ikalo)
Ikalo (37 nonlethal, 7 lethal, debilitated, blind): (step, full attack, 9 to Franti)
Elemental 3: (in pit, 11 lethal)(2 climb attempts, both fail)
Elemental 1: (6 lethal)(step, attack, miss)
Bludarch (24 lethal, blind, bloodraging, fire aura): (rages, fire aura does 1 lethal to Franti, Breath attack, 4 to Ellena and Anarya, 6 to Ice Elemental 1)
Avelina (uses wand, does 7 to ice dragon)
Tauni (activates sanctuary on scale)
Elemental 2 (in pit, 10 lethal)(2 climb attempts, both fail)
Anarya (channel energy, heals 9)
Krgzzrchsest (moves, attacks, misses)
Maidenhair (delays)
Ellena (attacks, misses)
Karas (15 lethal, raging)(step, full attack, 1 hits, 15 to Bludarch, heals 1 point)

Round 3
Franti (16 lethal)(step,two attacks, 1 hits, 7 nonlethal to ice dragon)
Ikalo (37 nonlethal, 9 lethal, unconscious)(step, full attack, 12 to Franti)
Úlfa : (cast spell, ice slick)
Elemental 3 (in pit, 11 lethal)(climb checks fail)
Elemental 1 (20 lethal, killed, gone from melee)(slam, hits, 6 lethel to Ellena, AOO misses)
Bludarch (59 lethal, dead)(step, full attack, 16 to Karas, AOO 8 to Maidenhair)
Maidenhair (2 lethal)(double move)
Avelina (wand use, 9 to Ice Dragon)
Elemental 2 (in pit, 10 lethal)
Anarya (move, channel, 6 healing to all allies, AOO, 7 to Bludarch)
Krgzzrchsest (19 nonlethal)(full attack, 1 hit, 5 to Karas)
Ellena (attacks, hits 14 to Ice Elemental 1, step)
Tauni (double move)
Karas (14 lethal, raging)(full attack, 2 hits, 22 lethal to Bludarch, heals 1 point)

Round 4
Franti (16 lethal)(attacks, hits, 19 nonlethal to Krgzzrchsest)
Ikalo (37 nonlethal, 9 lethal, unconscious)
Úlfa (12 lethal)(casts spell, draws wand)
Raiju (call lightning, 6 to Bludarch)
Elemental 3 (in pit, 11 lethal)
Bludarch (59 lethal, dead)
Maidenhair (2 lethal)(move, attack, hit, 12 to Úlfa)
Avelina
Tauni

Elemental 2 (in pit, 10 lethal)
Anarya
Krgzzrchsest (19 nonlethal)
Ellena
Karas (14 lethal, raging)

Round 5
Franti (16 lethal)
Ikalo (37 nonlethal, 9 lethal, unconscious)
Úlfa (12 lethal)
Raiju (call lightning)
Bludarch (59 lethal, dead)
Maidenhair (2 lethal)
Avelina
Tauni
Anarya
Krgzzrchsest (19 nonlethal)
Ellena
Karas (14 lethal, raging)

Avelina, Tauni, and Anarya are up.


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

Correct, Tauni did not have her own light source.

Prescience 1d20 ⇒ 1

"The winter witch!" Tauni turned to the north and, unsure of what foes may be lurking in the shadows behind her, she tried to unleash a spell on the area. Casting Glitterdust.

Concentration 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15

Alas, the scent of pepper overwhelms her during the spell casting, and the effect is lost.

Silver Crusade

Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 91/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|6/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

Why was Tauni concentrating? It doesn't look like she's threatened - or is that her action from last round, which was her do-over?

Anarya spotted Tauni gesturing towards the dark end of the chamber, and moved to her side, bringing her halo's light to shine in the dark corners of the room. As the light illuminated a Kellid woman carrying a wand, Anarya thrusts her hand out, fingers spread, towards the woman. A moment later, she clenches her fist tightly as a divine cacophony of blaring trumpets crashes down upon the caster.

Move, cast sound burst, she takes 1d8 ⇒ 6 sonic damage and must make a DC 17 Fortitude save or be stunned for one round (which would also cause her to drop her wand). If there's any enemies I can't see within ten feet of her, they might be caught in the spell's radius too. (If it matters, I'm centering the radius of my halo on the top left corner of Anarya's square and the radius of my sound burst spell on the top left corner of the caster's square.)

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

If the Kellid woman is not stunned, Avelina will ready an action to fire a magic missile from her wand to attempt to disrupt the Kellid woman's next spellcast

If the Kellid woman IS stunned, Avelina will fire the magic missile at the lizardman

Avelina pulled back for another Volley of Holy Arrows as she smiled. Her Beloved Inheritor was watching out for her.

Volley of Holy Arrows Magic Missile (cl3 from wand): 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 4) + 2 = 9


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

On the Table:
Úlfa DC 17: Fortitude: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Target: 1=R,2=K: 1d2 ⇒ 1
1=R,2=K: 1d2 ⇒ 1
1=R,2=K: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Krgzzrchsest: Heavy Mace: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 against Franti
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3, Fire damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Claw: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 against Franti
Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 against Karas
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2, Fire damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Avelina will have to delay her action until after Anarya's action in order to make her action contingent on the results of Anarya's. Tauni's concentration was needed, although if any of the PCs noticed her concentration they would not understand the reason for it. She will have to explain it if/when she gets the chance.

Whatever affected Tauni so her spell failed, she did not see it coming.

Anarya advanced to stand with Tauni and Maidenhair, her light shining into the dark corners of the room, revealing two more chambers to the northeast and southeast. The only enemy she saw, however, was the witch with the wand. She sent forth a spell that used sound to injure and possibly stun the witch. She was indeed injured, with blood running from her nose and ears, but she kept her wits and her wand.

Avelina readied to assault the witch with her wand of magic missiles.

Seeing no way out, the lizardman stepped into a nearby corner in the cavern's rough walls and continued attacking those nearest him. His heavy mace slammed into Franti's chest, cracking a rib and burning him 8 lethal, 3 from fire. He slashed out with its free hand's claws but missed.

With lightning speed, he leaned toward Karas and bit him. In addition to the pain of the bite 2 lethal, Karas felt an unusual sensation he had not felt since his days of torture in captivity, the pain of his flesh being burned 1 point of fire damage got through his resistance.

Previous Rounds:
Surprise round
Franti: (moves)
Elemental 3: (moves)
Elemental 1: (attacks, misses)
Elemental 2: (attacks, hits, 6 to Franti, staggers him)
Maidenhair: (Delay)
Karas: (moves)

Round 1
Franti (9 lethal, staggered)(moves)
Ikalo (30 nonlethal, debilitated)(moves, breath weapon, 11 to Franti, 5 to Karas, both fatigued 1 round, AOO does 6 to Karas)
Elemental 3: (attacks, misses)
Elemental 1 (attacks, misses, AOO does 3 to Karas)
Bludarch (moves, attacks, hits, 2 to Franti)
Avelina: (Casts spell, 9 lethal to Bludarch, both dragons blinded 1 round)
Tauni (casts spell, #2 and #3 elementals fall into pit, take 10 and 11 respectively)
Elemental 2: (in pit, 10 lethal)(fails 2 climb checks)
Anarya: (4 lethal)(moves, channels 10 healing)
Krgzzrchsest (action unknown, moves)
Maidenhair (delays)
Ellena (PFE: Cold, 4 lethal)(uses scale, moves)
Karas (9 lethal, fatigued): (moves, demoralize attempt, fails, takes 9 lethal from AOOs)

Round 2
Franti (10 lethal, fatigued)(full attack, hits do 13 and 17 nonlethal to Ikalo)
Ikalo (37 nonlethal, 7 lethal, debilitated, blind): (step, full attack, 9 to Franti)
Elemental 3: (in pit, 11 lethal)(2 climb attempts, both fail)
Elemental 1: (6 lethal)(step, attack, miss)
Bludarch (24 lethal, blind, bloodraging, fire aura): (rages, fire aura does 1 lethal to Franti, Breath attack, 4 to Ellena and Anarya, 6 to Ice Elemental 1)
Avelina (uses wand, does 7 to ice dragon)
Tauni (activates sanctuary on scale)
Elemental 2 (in pit, 10 lethal)(2 climb attempts, both fail)
Anarya (channel energy, heals 9)
Krgzzrchsest (moves, attacks, misses)
Maidenhair (delays)
Ellena (attacks, misses)
Karas (15 lethal, raging)(step, full attack, 1 hits, 15 to Bludarch, heals 1 point)

Round 3
Franti (16 lethal)(step,two attacks, 1 hits, 7 nonlethal to ice dragon)
Ikalo (37 nonlethal, 9 lethal, unconscious)(step, full attack, 12 to Franti)
Úlfa : (cast spell, ice slick)
Elemental 3 (in pit, 11 lethal)(climb checks fail)
Elemental 1 (20 lethal, killed, gone from melee)(slam, hits, 6 lethel to Ellena, AOO misses)
Bludarch (59 lethal, dead)(step, full attack, 16 to Karas, AOO 8 to Maidenhair)
Maidenhair (2 lethal)(double move)
Avelina (wand use, 9 to Ice Dragon)
Elemental 2 (in pit, 10 lethal)
Anarya (move, channel, 6 healing to all allies, AOO, 7 to Bludarch)
Krgzzrchsest (19 nonlethal)(full attack, 1 hit, 5 to Karas)
Ellena (attacks, hits 14 to Ice Elemental 1, step)
Tauni (double move)
Karas (17 lethal, raging)(full attack, 2 hits, 22 lethal to Bludarch, heals 1 point)

Round 4
Franti (24 lethal)(attacks, hits, 19 nonlethal to Krgzzrchsest)
Ikalo (37 nonlethal, 9 lethal, unconscious)
Úlfa (18 lethal)(casts spell, draws wand)
Raiju (call lightning, 6 to Bludarch)
Elemental 3 (in pit, 11 lethal)
Bludarch (59 lethal, dead)
Maidenhair (2 lethal)(move, attack, hit, 12 to Úlfa)
Avelina (delay)
Tauni (attempts spell, loses spell)
Elemental 2 (in pit, 10 lethal)
Anarya (moves, casts, 6 lethal to Úlfa)
Avelina (readies action)
Krgzzrchsest (19 nonlethal) (full attack, 2 hits, 8 to Franti, 3 to Karas)
Ellena
Karas
(14 lethal, raging)

Round 5
Franti (24 lethal)
Ikalo (37 nonlethal, 9 lethal, unconscious)
Úlfa (18 lethal)
Raiju (call lightning)
Bludarch (59 lethal, dead)
Maidenhair (2 lethal)
Avelina
Tauni
Anarya
Krgzzrchsest (19 nonlethal)
Ellena
Karas (17 lethal, raging)

Ellena, Karas, and Franti are up.


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas sidestepped the burning lizardman as the other dragons fell and met his burning wrath with his own icy vengeance. the fire dredged up memories long buried and he felt the seething hatred return.

Magic Claw Attack 1, PA: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 - 2 = 19
Claw Damage, PA: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Magic Claw Attack 2, PA: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 - 2 = 26
Claw Damage, PA: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Elena advanced to face the nearest enemy (which appears to be the lizard an straight ahead of her). As per the course, she thought of nothing more than cleaving into and removing the threat from her friends. Using Radiance to try to accomplish that goal, she swung wildly as she moved.

Power attack with Radiance 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Damage 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

On the Table:
Franti: Sap: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30 nonlethal
Sap, confirm threat: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
damage, critical: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Krgzzrchsest DC 13: reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Electricity: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 6) = 16

Ellena advanced on the lizardman and made a mighty attack. It seemed her blade would strike true, but he had some kind of deflecting magical protection that affected her attack and when Radiance hit, it had lost its momentum and failed to get through his tough skin and armor.

Karas' first claw attack likewise flailed against his protection, without effect, but his other claw drove past all protection and allowed him to rip out a hunk of flesh.

The shock of the wound, coupled with the pain from Franti's last barrage left the lizardman reeling. 11 lethal, disabled condition.

Franti saw that the lizard was on his heels and would likely be dispatched by his friends promptly, so he turned and rushed at the winter witch, who seemed close to collapse as well. All that was needed was a love tap from his 'little friend,' (his sap). He caught her off guard and his sap hit her square in the center of her forehead, snapped her head back, and her eyes rolled up and she collapsed like a load of snow falling off a rooftop. 19 nonlethal, she is unconscious; really unconscious.

Zephyr growled again at the lizard man and sent another lightning bolt down on him. The hapless hothead took a direct hit that lit up his body like a daylight spell. He crumpled and writhed involuntarily from the electricity draining from his body. He did not stir once the twitching stopped.

And the battle ended. The ice elementals in the pit returned to the plane from which they were summoned and were gone by the time the pit rose and the floor returned to normal as the spell ended.

Melee over. Bludarch, the blood dragon, is dead. The others are unconscious and may be dealt with as you wish. Lick your wounds and discuss your next move. I'll post the items you find on the vanquished and describe the rest of this level, but there will be no more fighting for a short time at least.

Tauni:
The spell affecting Tauni runs out of duration in about 5 minutes.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Behind the screen:
Anarya: Spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Karas: Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Tauni: Spellcraft: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

Items found on the unconscious:

Úlfa (the winter witch): masterwork dagger, bracers of armor +1, potion of cat's grace, potions of cure light wounds [2], wand of ice spears [24 charges], wand of Gylph of Warding (3 charges left), 4 white diamonds (100 gp each), 25 gp, 10 sp.

Krgzzrchsest (lizardfolk)
potion of cure moderate wounds, masterwork chain shirt, masterwork heavy mace, masterwork iron longbow (+2 Str), 20 arrows, 30 platinum pieces, 10 gp, 6 rubies (100 gp each).

The other chambers in this area are natural wonders. There are crystal covered stalactites and stalagmites, spring water running over smooth channels into still pools that glow slightly blue-green. There is no furniture, but it is likely that Terendelev would have meditated here.

In the room around to the west is a low burning campfire, some remnants of rations and a few water jugs, a deck of playing cards, and some dice. It appears the dragons and their assistants were whiling away time here, perhaps as guards in case someone came down.

Next to the campfire is a vertical shaft that drops down into the darkness. There are two knotted ropes attached to iron spikes driven into the rock descending into the hole.

Tauni:
Tauni remembers that witches typically have familiars. She spots some bird droppings in the vicinity of the campsite. No one has spotted a bird in the cave to this point.


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

Before taking time to identify the enchanted items, Tauni inspected the room and its contents. Near the hole going down, she stopped.

"Curses. I had thought perhaps one of these dragon's was the witch's familiar, but there are bird droppings across this area. She must have sent her familiar ahead to warn whoever is down that hole."

She opened the flap of her satchel and Cobblepaw jumped out.

"Cobble, keep an eye on the hole. Not too close now! Let us know if you see or hear anything."

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

WAND OF ICE SPEARS??? Holy s~#@!

Avelina brushed herself off as she calmly waited for the pit to close up.

"Ah, yes! We have triumphed once again. I am not certain why any of you doubted us." Despite presumably speaking to the others, her curt manner and subdued voice suggest the statement was merely rhetorical.

She crossed over to the others and assisted with the cataloguing of loot, cleaning the items thoroughly with her cantrips. At the mention of "bird droppings," Avelina desperately turned her magic towards the ground.

"A familiar? So she was a wizard like you?" She asked absentmindedly, as she stared at a dark morsel on the ground, fearful as to whether it was droppings or a rock.


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas stopped to regain his breath as most of the foes were soundly unconscious. Looking about, he took note of the surrounding structure and its soothing properties. He became ashamed to have shed blood in this chamber. A place of serenity soiled by bloody claws.

He shook himself out of it and set to tieing up the captives. These he would be interested in questioning once they were done.

Once done he turned back to the group, lingering again a bit longer on Anarya than the others. "Once we are sure below has been cleared. We can ask them some questions, maybe."

He walked a little closer to the hole and sat on his heels. Obviously trying to fight off grim thoughts.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

You have some potions of cure wounds. I suggest the injured make use of them before Anarya expends any more of her limited healing energies. Then, assuming you want to continue deeper, decide on a plan for how to get down into the deeper level of the cave. Franti might not be participating for a little while as he has expressed challenges from RL may limit his posting. His player hasn't posted much in the games he is GMing lately.


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

"Karas is right. There's more evil here to be cleansed don't we're the crew to get it done," Ellena spoke as she strode ahead to stand with him at the front.


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

"I agree that we must cleanse this place, but are we ready? Do we need to rest, or otherwise prepare? Are we ready to charge ahead?"

I am low on spells, but will advance with everyone else if they are ready.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

We've heard from everybody except Franti, but he's indicated he's very busy now, so don't wait on that account. Let me know if you need information from me. I would suggest you heal up and then decide how you want to proceed. You have ropes leading down. Let me know when you are ready to move. If you want to rest instead, then indicate how you plan to do that.

Silver Crusade

Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 91/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|6/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

Anarya bit her lip, hesitant to reveal her dwindling energies. She was holding everyone else back - all these mighty warriors and holy champions seemed relentless, undaunted in their pursuit of the evils below. Even Franti was putting on a bold face worthy of any crusader. She couldn't send them into battle relying on her without telling them of her weakness, however. She summoned her courage and admitted, "I have healing aplenty left, but after that battle, I can only stretch my light as far as I can touch. Reaching so far and so many... it takes a lot out of me." She wondered if she had the strength left to channel her halo even one more time. Not for the first time, she wished there was more she could give to help her friends. Let me share my strength completely with them, she prayed silently to her goddess. I want to do more to help.

The group probably knows Anarya well enough by now to notice her lack of self-confidence here. She's struggling to recognize her own contributions and still to some degree sees herself as "just a healer" among what in her mind is a band of implacable holy warriors.

"For now, we should rely on potions for healing," she reluctantly suggested. "I should be strong enough to keep you all alive through whatever we face next. If you stay close." She managed a smile, trying to look more confident than she felt.

OOC, I have tons of spells (and even Lay on Hands) left, but I'm very low on channels (just one more). I'm totally ready to keep exploring, but we should just should be cautious and stick by me if you need healing.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Great roleplaying (as usual). Anarya did make the deciding blow on the blood dragon as it tried to flee. Franti would probably find a way to make something of this.

FYI: here is the damage taken/delivered.

Franti (24 lethal)
Ikalo (37 nonlethal, 9 lethal, unconscious)
Úlfa (18 lethal, 19 nonlethal, unconscious)
Bludarch (59 lethal, dead)
Maidenhair (2 lethal)
Krgzzrchsest (19 nonlethal, 27 lethal)
Karas (17 lethal)

Maidenhair scoffed at any offer to heal her small burn. She suggested that the party use up the various healing potions available and heal Franti and Karas as much as possible. She then suggested that when everyone was ready, a couple of people could cling to her and she could climb down the rope. That would put several people down at once and make it harder for any miscreants down there to target the first arrivals with a concentrated attack. She would attempt to intimidate them while the others moved to defensible positions or attacked.

She can carry two people and climb down the rope. The climb DC is inconsequential due to the knotted rope and the chimney effect (for Maidenhair anyway). Others climbing down the knotted rope face a DC of 5.


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Elena could climb down at the same time as Maidenhair carries a couple others. Elena's Shield glows with light, so that should help with the darkness problem. Everyone who neis dsmit, drink those potions and let's go.

Silver Crusade

Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 91/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|6/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

How many healing potions do we have available?

"If need be, I can use Terendelev's gift to lower a few of us down slowly with magic," Anarya added.

Anarya will use the wand of bless right before the group descends down the hole, once we're ready to descend.


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

As Karas stared down the hole as far as his darkvision allowed, his tail absently flicked through his backpack before drawing a potion forth and tapping him on his head. He snapped out of his concentration, rolled his eyes, and took the potion. Draining it, some of his wounds healed.
CMW potion: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1) + 3 = 6

Though it seemed the potion had soured after so long only healing himself slightly. He was again bopped by his tail with another potion. He drained that one as well.
CLW Potion: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

A great deal more of his wounds closed though a few scrapes remained. One last potion was dropped on his head though this one was a different hue. He drank that as well and saw a bit of an increase in his scales. The new growth had a tinge of brown and barklike qualities though.
Drink Barkskin Potion. +2 Natural armor for 30mins

Struck from his morbid thoughts, he looked over his shoulder at the smiling angel and couldn't help but smile as well. "That shouldn't be a problem."

She had no idea how much her strength kept him going.

Silver Crusade

AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

@Everyone: I'd like to hold onto the Wand of Ice Spear, if that's okay :)

@Anarya: Avelina has 2 healing potions, and she doesn't need them herself atm (she even still has her false life)

Also, when you use bless, Avelina will use her Heroic Echo to increase the bonuse to +2 for the first 4 rounds of it

Avelina took up Maidenhair's offer with a touch of trepidation. She glanced about at the various men in the group to ensure they weren't staring, as she assumed they would be. As a last touch before descending, Avelina tapped her sternum and placed a light cantrip.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

I'll narrate the descent this afternoon or evening. Indicate how you will heal Franti. If no one posts anything different, I'll assume he drinks from the potions of cure found on the opponents to get closer to full strength. I'll look over his equipment list to see if he can contribute anything else. If anyone else wants to claim anything else from loot, do so today if you can.


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

If no one else makes claims in the items, Elena will stow the valuables in her backpack as she could handle the extra weight more than most of the others.

There are 2 potions of CLW there and one potion of CMW hat can be used now by whomever needs it.


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

i'm only down 3hp I should ok. Ladas will take the Bow if no one else wants it.


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

Tauni also accepts Maidenhair's offer, a little unsure of the prospect as well. When they are ready to go down, she will cast detect magic and concentrate as they descend.

Mage Armor and See Invisible should still be in effect as well.

Did we decide what we were doing with the unconscious foes?

I'm okay if Avelina takes the wand for now. Hopefully soon we'll reach a point where we can doing some buying, selling and crafting/scribing. Tauni is okay passing on the captured gear.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

The unconscious foes were tied up early. Most of them are likely to be unconscious for many hours.

CMW: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (4, 7) + 3 = 14
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Franti, looking very beat up, drank the most potent of the healing potions. His wounds healed dramatically, but several gashes and bruises remained. He quaffed another and finally the third. As the last of the golden elixirs got absorbed into his body, he finally looked normal again, except for the many tears and rips in his outfit.

Looks like I'll have to get back with the next narration in the morning.

While you wait, here is some music to descend into unknown dangers by: Tomita Bydlo


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Behind the screen:
Initiative
Areno: Initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18
Ssessilia: Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Safthana: Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Shadaas: Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Phstasht: Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Initiative:
Anarya: Initiative: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (12) - 2 = 10
Avelina: Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Ellena: Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 16
Franti, small: Initiative: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Karas: Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Tauni: Initiative: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
Maidenhair: Initiative: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5
Zephyr: Initiative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Behind the screen:

DC 17 Reflex save
Areno: Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 Saves
Ssessilia: Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 Electricity: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 5) = 7
Safthana : Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 Saves
Shadaas: Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 Saves
Phstasht: Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 Electricity: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 6) = 10
Raven: Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 Saves
Veskavesh : Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 Electricity: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 6) = 8
Raven: Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Magic Missile: 3 missiles: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 1, 1) + 3 = 6
DC 12 Zephyr: Reflex: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
Force damage: 3d4 ⇒ (1, 4, 4) = 9
Shaadas: Miss, 1-50: 1d100 ⇒ 99
Zephyr: DC 16 Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Duration, round: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

DC 17 Reflex save
Areno: Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 Electricity: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4
Ssessilia: Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 Electricity: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 4) = 10
Shadaas: Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 Saves
Phstasht: Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 Electricity: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 5) = 6
Raven: Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 Electricity: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 5) = 7
Veskavesh : Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 Electricity: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3
Magic Missile: 3 missiles: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 1, 4) + 3 = 12
Areno: Rounds to next breath weapon attack available: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Shaadas: Rounds to next breath weapon attack available: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Ssessilia DC 13 Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Electricity: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 3) = 11
Magic Missile: 3 missiles: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 4, 1) + 3 = 12
Magic Missile: 3 missiles: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 3, 4) + 3 = 14

The shaft extended down about 100 feet. Between the ropes, Anarya's levitation effect (from Terendelev's scale), and Maidenhair letting Avelina and Tauni hold onto her as she descended, the group got down in about 42 seconds. The exception was Raiju, who turned into a ball of living lightning and got down in about ten seconds.

For economy, assume Anarya's bless spell (from wand) went off the round before reaching the bottom, otherwise, it would be mostly gone by the time you get down.

More narration to come. Do not post.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Behind the screen:
Zephyr DC 12: Con to Stabilize: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

I'm going to assume that Karas is the one levitating, since the levitation rate of movement is a little faster than the rate for people climbing down ropes. He has darkvision and is well equipped to deal with any combat or traps that might be waiting.

I'm going to narrate this round by round because some things happen while you are descending and you might want to take what actions you can while you are climbing down the knotted rope, holding onto Maidenhair, or levitating. Anarya, for example, can cast the bless spell with the wand while she is holding onto Maidenhair.

Once everyone was ready, Maidenhair and those climbing down knotted ropes began to descend and Anarya activated Terendelev's scale and directed the magic to Karas who was initially holding onto a rope. Once the levitation was working, he let go of the rope and began to silently descend, moving ahead of the climbers by about 5 feet every six seconds. Zephyr, the raiju, shimmered and his body turned into a glowing, incorporeal ball of electricity. He then flew down into the shaft, moving many times faster than the climbers, disappearing into the darkness.

Round 1
Descending: Climbers 15', Karas 20', Zephyr (100')

Round 2:
Descending: Climbers 30', Karas 40', faint sounds drifted up, distant shouts of alarm, something that might be rush of wind, yips that sounded like Zephyr when he is upset.

Round 3:
Descending: Climbers 45', Karas 60'
More shouts, now a little louder, arcane words suggesting someone was casting a spell, more yips from Zephyr.

Round 4:
Descending: Climbers 60', Karas 80'

Karas:
Karas dropped to within sight of the floor of a chamber (20' below Karas) whose ceilings are 30' feet up. He saw Zephyr fly through a wall to the north and become substantial again, hair standing on end, obviously very upset. He was also hurt, with blood dripping from his mouth and ears. A woman in a green cloak appeared at a door in the north wall of the chamber and cast a magic missile spell, sending 3 missiles into Zephyr, who was not down yet.

More sounds of spell casting were heard. The light from Ellena's shield, Anarya's halo, and Avelina's light cantrip cast dim light on the floor some 40' below.

Round 5:
Descending: Climbers 75', Karas reaches floor at end of round

Karas:
Karas descended the last 20' to the floor of the chamber. Zephyr growled his low warning that sounded like distant thunder and a lightning bolt shot from the air above the sorceress or wizard at the door, leaving her robe with many black smoldering patches and wounding her. It did not stop her from sending 3 more magic missiles into Zephyr. Before Karas could do anything, a purple scaled dragon appeared at the door as well and sent another 3 magic missiles into Zephyr. With one final yip, the raiju collapsed on the floor. If Karas has a ranged attack he wants to make as he descends, he may take it. Both targets have cover. The doorway they are just beyond is five feet wide. Ranged attacks made while levitating take a -1 penalty.

Climbers emerged from the shaft into a natural chamber with the ceiling about 30' above the floor. They could see Karas just reaching the ground, a doorway 5' wide on the north side of the chamber, some activity beyond the door. The only other creature in the chamber was Zephyr, who lay on the floor, unconscious and bleeding. No one is in position to making any attacks or to have line of effect for spells before next round. See the map link: Lower Level.

Karas is on the ground. Everyone else is 25' above the floor, still climbing down the ropes. Climbing requires two hands. Those holding onto Maidenhair can hold on with one arm/hand and do something with the other hand. There may be penalties, depending on what you want to do. The next post will describe actions that take place at the start of Round 6.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Behind the screen:
Zephyr: DC 13 Con to Stabilize: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

If you want to take any actions in the first 5 rounds, indicate which round when you post. Otherwise, posts will describe actions during round six.

Initiative order, not counting unseen enemies, which are indicated with *.
Tauni (25' above floor on knotted rope)
Zephyr (55 lethal, unconscious, dying)
Franti, small (25' above floor on knotted rope)
*
Ellena (25' above floor on knotted rope)
*
Karas (on ground)
Anarya (25' above floor on Maidenhair)
*
Maidenhair (25' above floor on knotted rope)
Avelina (25' above floor on Maidenhair)

If you are on a knotted rope, no need to make a climb check. You can descend up to 30 feet in a double move action that requires use of both hands. You may drop to the floor at any point in this process. See the Acrobatics skill for rolls you can make to reduce the normal damage taken in falls.

Only Tauni is up for posting actions this round. An asterisk (*) indicates 1 or more enemies in the initiative.

Lighting: At the start of the round, assume there is normal lighting in the chamber. There is light coming from the doorway to the north extending 20 feet south, which covers most of the chamber.


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

As the sounds of conflict below grew, Tauni unslung her crossbow, drew back the string and loaded a bolt into its channel. Her eyes scanned below for the best target as Maidenhair continued the descent.

Move action to ready crossbow, move action to load a bolt.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

I had the impression that it was Anarya and Avelina on the treant ulfada, but that's okay if it is Tauni and Avelina. Anarya could either being climbing down a knotted rope or hanging onto Karas as they descend (more romantic, but she'd have to dim her halo if they don't want to prematurely tip off those below to their approach. I'd think Tauni would have prepared her crossbow before starting down, so no need to do that on the descent. I'm thinking loading a crossbow is a two-handed action.

Silver Crusade

Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 91/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|6/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

You think I'm gonna pass up on the chance to adorably be carried down by Karas on a magical cloud, and miss putting the touch-range healer next to the front-liner?
Hold me, darling. *swoons into Karas's arms*

Back up at the top:

As Tauni and Avelina climb upon Maidenhair and Franti and Ellena begin their climb, Anarya steps close to Karas, the last two to enter the pit. She concentrates and the silvery mist from her dragonscale flows forth around him, holding him aloft on top of its vaporous cloud. "Hold on tight, alright?" she asked, looking up at him with a nervous smile. She could feel her heartbeat pounding as they prepared to descend into danger. Her face was flushed red as the muscular tiefling gathered her into his arms, and she struggled to keep her mind focused enough to control the levitation magic as Karas stepped off the floor and onto solid cloud. She steadied herself, knowing the importance of their task, and directed the scale's magic to lower the pair of them down the ominous shaft as she clung tightly to Karas's strong neck.

I'm also gonna toss up a few buff spells as we descend.

Round 1: protection from evil on Karas (duration: 4 minutes).
Round 2: guidance on Karas (duration: 10 rounds).
Round 3: guidance on Anarya (duration: 10 rounds).
Round 4: bless on the entire party, as you said. Avelina uses Heroic Echo, doubling the bonus to +2 to attack, +2 vs. fear for 4 rounds. The spell lasts a total of 2 minutes.
Round 5: Unable to reach the raiju to heal him properly, Anarya casts stabilize on Zephyr as she descends, reaching the bottom with Karas at the end of her round.

Avelina - Heroic Echo doesn't say you need to use the immediate action the same time as I cast the bless. Since it lasts 20 rounds, can you activate your Echo at the top of Round 6?


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas hesitated for a second as his silver scales turned a shade of pink. He couldn't even manage a word before he nodded and stepped into the cloud without a doubt in her magic. Even through his scalemail and her chain he couldn't distract himself from the warmth of the embrace.

He held her close as they descended his heartbeat pounding as hard as hers. He tried to focus on the task at hand but was lost in the embrace of the angel.

It was only when they descended far enough to see the flash of Zephyr that he was snapped from his dream. Anarya also has darkvision so I believe she could read my spoilers above He pulled away from the angel as they landed and whispered, "Be careful. Please Save Zephyr. I'll handle the Dragon."

No actions in round 5 as i dont think i can shoot a bow while holding on to Anarya lol


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

My interpretation of Heroic Echo is that it only works to increase Avelina's bonus from the bless spell. At 9th level, it can increase the bonus for all.

While aasimar's normally have darkvision, Anarya's halo racial ability replaces darkvision. Her halo can be on or off, however, because there is light coming from the room to the north, providing normal or dim light in the chamber.

Others can post actions during the descent but otherwise, Tauni should indicate her action at the start of round 6. Then I have some enemy actions after that. All those who are climbing or depending on Maidenhair climbing, if you climb as a double move action, you descend another 15 feet (one quarter of normal 60 feet of movement). I'm going to say that for this round only, you need to make two climb skill checks at DC 5. Since this is a situation that has immediate danger, if you fail the roll by 5 or more (result of zero or negative), you will fall the distance to the floor (25 feet at the start of the round, 20 feet at the start of the second climb check). If you fall, roll normal falling damage, modified if possible by any other abilities, such as acrobatics.

Obviously, if you are relying on Maidenhair, no need to make any rolls.


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Ellena could take no other actions, trying to keep herself safe going down the rope. She was sweating under her helm, the exertion of trying to keep a safe descent, while wearing such heavy armor was a handful.

Climb 1d20 ⇒ 16
Climb 1d20 ⇒ 13

Strength bonus and Armor penalties balance out.

Silver Crusade

Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 91/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|6/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

The 9th level upgrade to Heroic Echo is simply that it applies to competence bonuses as well as morale bonuses.

Imperious Bloodline wrote:
At 9th level, this ability also applies to competence bonuses. If you receive a morale effect (or a competence effect at 9th level) that affects an area or multiple targets, as an immediate action you can share your increased bonus with all other recipients.

That wording makes it pretty clear that she gets the "share" effect right away.

"I will," Anarya says, though she is loath to leave Karas's side. She could not bear to see his faithful companion Zephyr suffer, however.

I'm not sure if she can five-foot-step closer to him, but until I can get within 10 feet of Zephyr, Anarya's Overprotective drawback is in effect.

Silver Crusade

AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

Anarya is correct that I have the ability to share the bonus now. I have always interpreted the line about when I can take the immediate action in the most narrow sense. If our GM wants to rule it differently, I leave it to him, but I'm also happy as-is.


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

Sorry, it looks like my post was eaten.

Prescience: 1d20 ⇒ 6

Clinging onto Maidenhair with one hand, Tauni waited for a foe to reveal themselves so she can shoot them with her crossbow with the other.

Ready action to shoot at a foe that presents itself.

To hit 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 1 - 2 = 18
Damage 1d8 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

On the Table:
Lightning Bolt DC 17
Anarya: Reflex, guidance: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5
Karas: Reflex, guidance: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 1 = 23
Electricity Damage: 6d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 3, 2, 6, 2) = 19

Behind the screen:
DC 19
Karas: Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Tauni: Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

On the Table:
Create Pit DC 17
Anarya: Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Karas: Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Phstasht: Javelin, cover, favored enemy: 1d20 + 6 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 - 4 + 2 = 17

Behind the screen:
Shadaas: Stealth, invisible: 1d20 + 13 + 40 ⇒ (20) + 13 + 40 = 73

With Karas and Anarya on the floor, the rest of the group continued their climb down the ropes.

Tauni waited crossbow ready as Maidenhair steadily lowered herself and Avelina and Tauni through the opening at the top of the lower chamber.

Franti, back in normal human form so as to be able to climb faster, lowered himself confidently down to within ten feet of the floor.

A woman wearing emerald green robes watched from a doorway, partly hidden by the stone at the edge of the door. She leaned a little to her right and began to cast. Tauni was able to get off a shot with her crossbow, but the bolt slammed into the wall next to the woman.

Moments later, she pointed a finger at Karas and Anarya and from that finger shot a bolt of lightning that crackled with menace at it raced toward the two. Karas acted with perfect reflexes and managed to get out of the way of the main bolt, but Anarya was not able to react fast enough and took the full brunt of the bolt before it continued on into the far wall. The thunder rolled and echoed up to the shaft. 10 lethal to Karas, 19 lethal to Anarya. She's gone and made Karas angry. She's not going to like Karas when he's angry. :) Both PCs used their guidance bonus on the save.

Just after that, a dragon peered around the door and uttered some words that made no sense except to those who studied spells. He was small, about the size of a big dog, but he had purple scales embedded with many vibrant gemstones which glowed with arcane power. Karas and Tauni immediately recognized it as a rare dragon type known as an arcane dragon. See spoiler.

Its words sounded familiar, for similar words had been uttered in the battle above. An extradimensional pit opened up under Karas and Anarya, threatening to swallow them. As the floor began to descend quickly beneath their feet, Karas grabbed Anarya around the waist and pulled her to the side.

The dragon's gleeful grin evaporated as he saw the two jump to safety. Anyone ending his/her turn within five feet of the pit must make a DC 19 reflex save to avoid falling in.

Ellena continued her steady descent reaching 10 feet above floor.

From behind the dragon and the spell caster, someone threw a javelin at Ellena. The javelin glanced off her shield.
Karas is up, followed by Anarya. Note Zephyr is unconscious but his bleeding has stopped and he is stabilized. While the map makes it look as if the door is split between two squares, consider the opening to be in front of the dragon. Any one attacking the sorcerer will have to take a penalty for a hard corner.

Karas:
Arcane dragons are rare dragons who can have potent spellcasting abilities similar to a sorcerer.

Tauni:
Arcane dragons are rare dragons who can have potent spellcasting abilities. While they have a breath weapon that causes force damage (20' cone, usable once every 1d4 rounds), they prefer to cast spells and only use breath weapons and their claws and bite as a last resort.

2,301 to 2,350 of 3,894 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Clebsch GM Wrath of the Righteous Adventure: Book 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.