Clebsch GM Wrath of the Righteous Adventure Path

Game Master Clebsch73

Six people hold recovering the Sword of Valor, if they can retake the fortress city of Drezen and strike into the Worldwound itself.

Party Loot

Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress


2,401 to 2,450 of 3,895 << first < prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | next > last >>

Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

OK on the Hero Point. I'm going to assume Anarya climbs up the rope, as that is the safer of the two options.

After posting the above phrase, I began editing what follows. I spent more than 1 hour and this caused the initial post to appear and the rest of my work had to be reposted (I always copy my text portion before I preview, so I did not lose my work). However, now all the dice results were different. I don't want to rewrite everything to account the changes in the rolls, so I will indicate whether the roll succeeded or failed. Ignore the rolls below.

On the Table:
Anarya DC 5: Climb, ACP, frightened: 1d20 - 1 - 3 - 2 ⇒ (17) - 1 - 3 - 2 = 11 This roll was very low and the result was actually negative, so Anarya failed the roll.
Fall Damage 20': 2d6 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7 In the original roll, she took 6 points of damage.

Anarya moved as far away from the lizardman with the dark aura as she could without going up or down. She rejected trying to climb down the nearly shear walls of the pit and gripped the knotted rope to the SE side of the room, negotiating the slope leading into the pit. She pulled her self up a few feet before losing strength and her grip.

The rope dangled over the 20 foot deep pit and she fell into it, landing prone at the bottom of the pit, suffering some injuries. 6 damage

Karas moved to the northwest corner of the room north of the shaft and pit. When he reached the corner, he readied his claws to lash out should any enemy approach him.

Behind the screen:
Karas: DC 20/40 Perception, frightened: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 9 - 2 = 22 On the original roll, Karas failed.

On the Table:
Safthana attack vs AC 19: Rapier, from invisible, inspire courage: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 17 This roll hit.
Rapier Damage, Inspire Courage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 8 points damage
Karas readied attack with claw Claw, frightened, bless: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 9 - 2 + 2 = 22 Original result was a 12, which missed.
Safthana vs Karas CMD 18: Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 Original roll, this succeeded.

Just as Karas reached the corner, he felt a stabbing pain in his gut, and then saw a half-elf woman in leather armor appear before him with her rapier sticking into him. 8 damage. Karas slashed at her with his glowing claw, but the surprise and the wound he had just suffered weakened his effort and he missed her. She then began to leap and roll away from him into the northeast corner. She made an acrobatics roll to avoid AOOs.

As she moved away, she continued to sing, but now the voice that had been coming from the center of the room instead came from her.

"Do as I do AND as I say!
Stab them and cut them to win the day!
Remember the riches you came her to seize,
Crush them and you can take what you please!"


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

I will post Maidenhair's action and the melee details in about an hour and a half. Avelina, Franti, and Tauni, will follow.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

On the Table:
Maidenhair DC 15: Acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Falling Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
DC 16: Maintain Grapple, bless +2: 1d20 + 16 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 16 + 5 + 2 = 31
DC 25: Climb: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Falling Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Phstasht DC 13: Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Electricity Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 5) = 12
Franti: Disable Device, shaken: 1d20 + 15 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 15 - 2 = 16

Maidenhair, seeing Anarya had fallen into the pit, dropped to the ground next to the pit and proceeded to use the end of the rope she had just used to descend to tie up the small dragon and leave it dangling 5 feet above the open pit. She then tried to climb down into the pit, but lost her grip and fell instead. 7 damage from two 10' falls. She is prone in the pit squeezed in with Anarya, who is also prone.

Avelina blanched as the dark aura swept over her. She knew she could get further away quicker if she used her scroll of monkey-fish, so she drew out the magic scroll and cast the spell on herself and then prepared to climb as quickly as she could up the rope. Move action to draw the scroll, standard action to cast the spell. She took a 5-foot step to get a little further from the lizardman. If anyone wants to argue that she would take some different action, please make your case. I'm interpreting the part of the rules that says, "A panicked creature can use special abilities, including spells, to flee; indeed, the creature must use such means if they are the only way to escape," to motivate her to use her monkey-fish scroll to have a faster climb speed.

Zephyr stepped back a little, not affected by the fear aura, but not liking to be in it either, and sent one more lightning bolt down on the lizardman. Once again he failedto get out from under it and it coursed through his body. 12 lethal The shock proved too much and he fell to the ground, his muscles twitching for a moment before lying still.

Even though he saw the lizardman fall, Franti was already in a panic to get away from him and dashed for the door on the far west side of the room. Finding it locked, he drew out his lock-pick tools and tried to pick the lock, but could not get it right away.

Previous rounds:
Round 6 (all PCs: Bless @ +2)
Tauni (descending with Maidenhair, bless +2)(ready action)
Zephyr (45 lethal, prone, bless +2)
Franti (10' up, bless +2)
Tauni (ranged, misses)
Ssessilia (36 lethal)(casts, 10 to Karas, 19 to Anarya)
Viper (moves)
Areno (15 lethal)(casts)
Ellena (3 lethal, bless +2)(climbs)
Phstasht (ranged, misses)
Shadaas (turns invisible, flys to south side of the room.)
Karas (31 lethal, Protection from Evil, barkskin, bless +2, shaken)(charge attacks, hits, 15 to Areno)
Anarya (13 lethal, shaken)(Healer's Way on self, 6 healed, move, CLW, 9 healed on Zephyr)
Raven (7 lethal)(hides)
Safthana (Casts Ventriloquism, 6 min., 40' range)(Inspire Courage +2)
Maidenhair (10' up, bless +2)
Avelina (4 nonlethal, bless +2) (drops to floor, 4 nonlethal, step)

Round 7 (all PCs: Bless @ +2)
Zephyr (48 lethal, bless +2)(stands, call lightning, 8 to Ssessilia)
Franti (3 lethal, shaken, bless +2)(double move)
Tauni (bless +2)(Cobblepaw shaken)(drop, move,load bow)
Ssessilia (36 lethal, inspire courage +2)(cast, 12 to Karas)
Viper (inspire courage +2)(move)
Areno (27 lethal, 8 nonlethal, inspire courage +2)(breath attack, 6 to Karas, 3 to Ellena, Franti, Zephyr)
Ellena (27 lethal, bless +2)(drop, fall, stand, step)
Phstasht (8 lethal, inspire courage +2)(full attack, 1 hit, 3 lethal to Karas, poison 1st save success, AOO 3 to Franti)
Shadaas (inspire courage +2, grappled)(moves--flies, becomes visible, breaths, breath affects Anarya, Cobblepaw, Franti, Karas, and Zephyr)
Karas (23 lethal, Protection from Evil, barkskin, bless +2, shaken)(Heals 1, full attack, 1 hit, 12 to Areno)
Anarya (2 lethal, shaken, bless +2)(Lay on hands, cast, 11 healed on self, 12 healed on Karas)
Raven (7 lethal, inspire courage +2)(hides)
Safthana (Inspire Courage +2)(Countersong, maintains Inspire Courage)
Maidenhair (10' up, grappled as grappler, bless +2)(grapple on Shadaas, succeeds)
Avelina (4 nonlethal, bless +2)(casts, does 4 to Phstasht)

Round 8 (all PCs: Bless @ +2)
Zephyr (48 lethal, bless +2)(call lightning, 4 to Phstasht)
Franti (6 lethal, shaken, bless +2)(melee, hit, 8 NL to Areno, move, takes 3 from AOO)
Tauni (blessed +2)(Cobblepaw shaken)(ranged attack, miss, move)
Ssessilia (47 lethal, unconscious, prone, bleeding)(casts, 24 damage to Ellena and 19 to Karas)
Viper (inspire courage +2)(move)
Areno (27 lethal, inspire courage +2, unconscious, prone)
Ellena (33 lethal, bless +2)(Lay on Hands on self heals 8, move, melee, hit, 11 to Ssessilia)
Phstasht (30 lethal, 10 nonlethal, inspire courage +2)(full attack, 2 hits, 14 to Ellena)
Shadaas (inspire courage +2, grappled, 8 lethal)(full attack, 6 to Maidenhair)
Anarya (2 lethal, frightened, bless +2)(casts, heals Karas 14)
Karas (22 lethal, Protection from Evil, barkskin, panicked, bless +2)(Heals 1, delays, move, attack, hit, 10 damage?, AOO does 14 to viper)
Raven (7 lethal, inspire courage +2)(hides)
Safthana (Invisibile, Inspire Courage +2)(step, maintain Inspire Courage, Drinks potion)
Maidenhair (10 lethal, bless +2)(10' up, grappled as grappler)(Maintains grapple, does 8 to Shadaas)
Avelina (4 nonlethal, bless +2, panicked)(move, draw wand, hand wand to Tauni)

Round 9
Zephyr (48 lethal, bless +2)(calls lighting, 12 to Phstasht)
Franti (6 lethal, panicked, bless +2)(step, full attack, 2 hits, 10 nonlethal to Phstasht)
Tauni (blessed +2)(Cobblepaw panicked)(takes wand, casts)
Ssessilia (48 lethal, unconscious, prone, bleeding)
Viper (14 lethal, inspire courage +2)(move, attack, hit, 2 lethal to Karas)
Areno (27 lethal, inspire courage +2, unconscious, prone)
Ellena (35 lethal, bless +2)(LOH on self, heals 7, attacks, hits 10 to Phstasht)
Phstasht (42 lethal, 10 nonlethal, inspire courage +2, unconscious)(activates fear aura, full attack, 2 hits, 9 to Ellena)
Shadaas (inspire courage +2, tied, 8 lethal, 5' above ground)(Full attack, 1 hit, 4 lethal to Maidenhair)
Anarya (8 lethal, prone, frightened, bless +2)(move, climb fail, falls 20', 6 damage)
Karas (29 lethal, Protection from Evil, barkskin, frightened, bless +2)(move, ready action, heal 1)
Raven (7 lethal, inspire courage +2)(ready action)
Safthana (Inspire Courage +2)(maintain Inspire Courage, attack, Attack, hit, 8 to Karas, move)
Maidenhair (17 lethal, bless +2, at bottom of pit, prone)(drops, falls prone 2 lethal, ties up Shadaas, climbs/falls into pit 5 lethal)
Avelina (4 nonlethal, bless +2, panicked, monkey-fish)(draws scroll and casts)

Round 10
Zephyr (48 lethal, bless +2)(calls lighting, 12 to Phstasht)
Franti (6 lethal, panicked, bless +2)(moves, tries to pick lock, fails)
Tauni (blessed +2)(Cobblepaw panicked)
Ssessilia (48 lethal, unconscious, prone, bleeding)
Viper (14 lethal, inspire courage +2)
Areno (27 lethal, inspire courage +2, unconscious, prone)
Ellena (35 lethal, bless +2)
Phstasht (42 lethal, 10 nonlethal, inspire courage +2, unconscious)
Shadaas (inspire courage +2, tied, 8 lethal, 5' above ground)
Anarya (8 lethal, prone, frightened, bless +2)
Karas (29 lethal, Protection from Evil, barkskin, shaken, bless +2)
Safthana (Inspire Courage +2)
Maidenhair (17 lethal, bless +2, at bottom of pit, prone)
Avelina (4 nonlethal, bless +2, panicked, monkey-fish)

Tauni is up, at long last.


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

Tauni focused on the half-elf revealed to her by her god's providence. Even as the elusive bard stabbed Karas and revealed herself, Tauni raised the wand that Avelina passed to her and invoked its power.

Prescience 1d20 ⇒ 4 In case I need it for a saving throw

wand of ice spears, in the half-elf's square.
Damage 2d6 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6 piercing and 2d6 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3 cold damage. Reflex save for half damage, I believe it would be DC 14.
Trip attempt from spell 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

On the Table:
Safthana DC 14: Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Retcon: Anarya did not fall into the pit but paused at the edge to prepare to use her scale to levitate up. Also, Maidenhair did not attempt to climb down into the pit to save her and so is at the edge of the pit considering how to deal with the tied up dragon.

Tauni utilized the wand which Avelina had just handed her and used it to cause a large ten foot tall spear of ice to erupt from the ground at the bard's feet, causing her damage but not knocking her over. 9 damage.

The viper coils and readies a strike at any who come too close.

Ellena is up. I don't have time to update the melee list, but you've got them on the ropes. Only one enemy is still standing, the bard.


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Ellena's eyes lit up when she saw only one enemy standing. She quickly moved across the room and swung her magical long sword down to eliminate the threat.

Power Attack with Bless with Radiance 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 2 - 2 = 24

Damage with Power Attack 1d8 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 4 = 15


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

On the Table:
Shadaas Break grapple attempt CMB, inspire courage: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 2 = 16

Behind the screen:
Phstasht DC 12Con to Stabilize: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Although the bard's armor appeared to be improved by magic, Ellena's attack was as skillful as it was powerful, and it cut a very deep wound that made her shudder and cry out in pain. Fear was now in her eyes, as she clearly could not take much more injury.

The dark aura that had gripped some in the party with fear faded as the lizardman's fell unconscious. The wound that took him down stopped bleeding.

Retcon:The dragon grappled by Maidenhair is pinned, not tied.

The dragon held tightly by Maidenhair struggled to no avail to break out of her strong grip. "Safthana! Help me! Someone!" he cried.

Perhaps it was the sound of the dragon pathetically crying for help or just their innate faith, but Anarya and Karas recovered their self-control and found they were no longer as frightened as they had been. Still shaken, but Anarya and Karas can act next.


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas shook the fear from his head though a sliver remained. He saw the bard still singing her accursed words...

"Non sunt tibi divitias hic. Tantum mortis." he spoke evenly in the gravelly, guttural tone of his transformation.

Draconic:
"There are no riches for you here. Only death."

He rushed her with claws extended.

Claw Attack, Charge, Bless+, Power Attack, Shaken: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 2 + 2 - 2 - 2 = 28
Magic Claw Damage, power attack: 1d6 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 4 = 15


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

As Karas spoke threatening words in Draconic, the bard looked at him with fear in her eyes, apparently understanding his words. Karas' claws cut deep parallel gashes across her neck, cutting her off mid-verse, her words replaced by strangled gurgles. She fell where she stood in the corner, her wounds bleeding as life ebbed from her.

As she fell, a white raven that had been perched high on an outcrop in the NW corner attempted to fly out of the room and up the shaft, although it will be trapped in the upper area. Anyone who wants to attack it as it flies out, can make the attack rolls. Its AC is 14 (normal and Touch). It has 10 hp.

The viper, apparently the familiar of the sorceress, slithered over to coil next to her body. I'm assuming you can dispatch it if you choose. It has AC 18 (15 FF) and has just 8 hp left.

Maidenhair tied the dragon she had grabbed using the end of the rope. It cursed in draconic and then grew quiet.

Except for these mopping up actions, the melee is over. Those who are panicked will continue in that state for three rounds. Players can role play that as they choose. I'll post something for Franti.

Status of the fallen:
Areno (Arcane dragon): 1 hp left, nonlethal damage knocked him unconscious.
Ssessilia (sorcerer): -4 hp, stable
Safthana (bard): -9, bleeding
Shadaas (Shadow dragon): 29 hp, tied
Phstasht (terror lizardman, Ranger): -2, stable

Status of the victors:
Zephyr: 3/51
Franti: 25/31
Tauni: full, Cobblepaw is panicked for 3 rounds
Ellena: 13/48
Anarya: 33/41
Karas: 20/48
Maidenhair: 46/63
Avelina: 4 nonlethal damage

Items found on the fallen:
Safthana: elixir of truth, potion of cure light wounds, potion of invisibility, +1 leather armor, masterwork rapier, dagger, ring of protection +1, MWK violin, 13 gp
She also has a scroll case full of contracts, details to follow)

Ssessilia: chime of opening (5 uses left), scroll of bull’s strength, scroll of expeditious retreat, scroll of glitterdust, scroll of mage armor, scroll of summon swarm, black adder venom (3), blackfingers paste, blood sap (2), dreamtime tea (3), harlot sweets (2), slaver’s drops (4), light crossbow with 20 bolts, dagger, ring of protection +1, emerald earrings (50 gp), emerald pendant (125 gp)

Phstasht: Waters of the Whispering River (5 doses), bracers of armor +1, javelins (3), masterwork morningstars (2), 31 gp


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

On the Table:
Franti: in panic, trying to pick lock to next room, Disable Device, shaken: 1d20 + 15 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 15 - 2 = 18
Disable Device, shaken: 1d20 + 15 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 15 - 2 = 29
Disable Device, shaken: 1d20 + 15 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 15 - 2 = 24

After trying to pick the lock to the door, gripped in a panic, Franti failed to get the door open and then recovered his self-control.

Eventual examination of the contracts in Safthana's pack reveals that she is a con artist who goes by the name Lady Talraiina (first name Safthana). Apparently, a clique of small dragons who were already in the area to capitalize on the chaos of the Worldwound, hired her and a few other shady types to accompany them to try to capture the treasures they imagined to be housed in Terendelev's manor. Safthana's role was to accompany them to help appraise items and eventually fence the things the dragons did not want to keep. She also has some forged documents alleging she is a noble woman in various cities and some mining deeds.

The surviving dragon, Areno, can be questioned. There is also the rest of the lower level to check out eventually.

Good job! Sorry things dragged out a bit near the end.


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

Concerned that the raven may be going to report to enemy reinforcements, Tauni called on her last bit of arcane reserves to block its path. At her word, strands of web appear in the passage leading up, growing and spreading impossibly fast and impeding the bird's escape.

Casting web to block the way up. If she can time it right, she'll try to catch the raven in the squares closest to the party in case others want to attack it.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

On the Table:
Raven DC 16 Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
DC 16 CMB: 1d20 ⇒ 20


The raven got up the shaft but not out of the line of sight and light before Tauni could direct the web to appear in front of it. The bird managed to avoid the webs and miraculously kept flying up the shaft. Of course, it had no where to go and was flying blind once out of the dim light from below. With the door to the stairs up closed, it was trapped in the upper area.


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas slumped in fatigue with the fight now over. Blood covered and heavily wounded, he staggered back into the room with the now tied up dragon and slumped against the wall as he eyed it.

Silver Crusade

AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

Avelina climbed about in panic. For a few brief moments, she felt crushed by the unbearable thought that she wasn't Iomedae's chosen. That she's just a poor delusional girl with nothing to look after her. That all of the horrors inflicted upon her people, upon her family, were for nothing.

As the magic faded, she found herself climbing up the rope, having wasted one of her scrolls in an effort to run. Full of contrition, she inched her way back down, hoping to get off before the magic wore off. She slowly felt the Goddess's Grace--or perhaps only what she thought was Her Grace--warm her.

"Yes. Well. That was all rather hectic. How is everyone?"


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas stared down the little Arcane dragon as Avelina spoke. "Tired, and still as angry as I can be without it taking over."

He cocked his head at the dragon hanging from the rope and spoke in booming draconic, "Quid speras parum aquila? Ut ne impetum in domo eius quasi unius ut primum post mortem? Et impingebat in nomine off obeliscus super candentem tinxerat unda. Haec est mea arcane fecisse lacertae. Quid autem dicam tibi?"

Draconic:
"What did you hope to gain little vulture? That you would invade the home of one like her so soon after her death? I scratched the name off of the obelisk for the red above. This is my home arcane lizard. What do you have to say for yourself?"

His gaze was cold as he stared the beast in the eye and waited.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

I'll try to have a post up by Thursday. I'm in the hectic part of my week but will not have to teach next week, so I should be back on track soon.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

For status on how everyone is, or at least how everyone appears, see the post above: Fri, Jun 23, 2017, 09:16 am.

On the table:
Karas DC 14: Intimidate, size: 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 2 + 4 = 18
Maidenhair: Intimidate, aid: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Behind the screen:
Shadaas: Bluff: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Karas: Sense motive: 1d20 ⇒ 17

The dragon wriggled uncomfortably in the ropes as Maidenhair kept a close eye on how the ropes were holding.

Maidenhair gripped the wings of the dragon as if examining them but it also demonstrated that she could pull the wings off if she chose.

The dragon gulped and said, "It was her idea, the bard. She heard about the silver's fall and suggested her treasure would only go to some demon lord if we didn't secure it. We just didn't want it to fall into the wrong hands!"

Karas and anyone who can make a DC 11 sense motive check:
The dragon is lying.


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Sense motive 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

"Where were you taking the treasure? Were you meeting other evil creatures? You aren't with the demons, are you?". Elena wasn't sure, but the story seemed plausible. Perhaps the group could find another evil safe house and deal with the monsters contained therein.

She turned to the others. "This could be a chance to strike at more of the invaders..."


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas shook his head. "It's lying and for the outlook of its own health it needs to stop."

"Tu placere Annio Gallo esse felicem. Non enim dedi ad quartam aliis. Fortasse hic vivunt nisi propter vos postulo ut satus erit recta volantem. Statim. Et sic non erit Paladinus nice quod." he said, rising to his feet. "Cum placatus tibi. Ne temptare patientia mihi invadentes post me, et in domum patris mei. Nunc. Dic mihi, quid hic est enim."

draconic:
"You are lucky to have been incapacitated. I have not given quarter to the others. You might live through this but you will need to start flying right. Immediately. The paladin will not be so nice." he said, rising to his feet. "I was merciful once. Do not test my patience after invading my and my ancestor's home. Now. Tell me what you came here for."


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Behind the screen:
Karas DC 14: Intimidate, size: 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 2 + 4 = 18
Maidenhair: Intimidate, aid: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

The dragon continued to struggle against its bonds. "We be dragons," he said simply, as if that explained everything. "We crave treasure. She died. We figure no one deserves it as much as other dragons. We hire bard. She knows what is most valuable and what is junk. She knows where we can sell what we don't keep. We be dragons!" There was a certain logic to his explanation. Dragons do crave treasure, even those who are good and lawful. As word of the fall of Kenabres spread, other such scavengers were likely already on their way hoping to pick the bones of the city clean, adding urgency to the mission of the remaining crusaders to find a way to reverse the outcome of the battle.

As you are talking Franti's voice called out from the other room. "Got the door unlocked! Anyone want to see what's beyond?"


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

Tauni rested a hand on Franti's shoulder. "Well done. But let's wait a minute, Franti. Anarya needs to see to some wounds, and I think Karas should be the one to see what lies beyond."


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

"I can definitely use some healing before we venture on. There could always be another trap ahead.". Elena still wasn't sure what to do about the little dragon. It didn't seem possible to redeem it, but it seemed excessive to slaughter it.


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

After her wounds were magically knitted, Elena was ready to lead the group onward. "Are you ready to see what else this place holds, Karas?". Elena walked ahead with the tiefling, her sword still at the ready.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Once the group has reversed the worst of the wounds of the fierce battle, they found Franti with his ear to the door. "I think I hear something. It sounds like ...," he paused and listened, his brow wrinkled in concentration, "...something whimpering."

Silver Crusade

Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 91/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|6/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

Anarya took the time to make sure everyone was as healed as she could manage before the group moved on. She gathered the group close enough for her light to reach all of them, and channeled its healing energy forth.

Channel Energy: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11

She spends extra time healing Karas and Ellena.

Cure Light Wounds (Karas): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Cure Light Wounds (Ellena): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

She lays hands on Zephyr to help the injured animal recover.

Lay on Hands: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 4) = 10

After that, we can use any potions necessary to help those still wounded. What are HP totals after that round of heals?


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas looked away from the helpless thing as the angels ministrations overtook the worst of his wounds.

"Hang out for a bit and we'll come back for you. Think hard about your life and decisions right now. Many have died seeking Her treasures tonight. More don't have to." he called out to the arcane Dragon and turned to see what Franti had found.

Karas approached and inspected the door.

Im down 10 still but it's ok.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Zephyr 24/51
Franti 31/31
Elena 35/48
Anarya 41/41
Karas 37/48

With some recovery, the group gathered at the door. With a quick check to see if everyone was ready, Franti pushed open the door and peered in ... and gasped.

The next chamber had the size and majesty of a cathedral. The walls rose about 60 feet and the ceiling arched gracefully above. Light was provided by permanent light spells cast so that the light emerged from clusters of quartz crystals that were naturally embedded in the walls.

This was enough to make anyone gasp in wonder, but Franti's utterance was inspired by a pair of glowing eyes glaring down at those entering the room. At the far side of the room from the door was a large gold dragon reclined on the floor with chest and head raised proudly. A moment's inspection revealed it to be a statue, apparently carved out of the natural rock of the cave and guided with gold leaf. Scattered around this were a few treasure items, but not so many as are traditionally depicted a dragon guarding.

Between the front legs of the statue was a pedestal and it seemed to be from that point that the sounds Franti identified as whimpering were coming from.


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

"Who is over there? I'm Ellena, servant of Iomedae. If you aren't black or heart, show yourself and we will make sure you are taken to safety. We have dispatched of the evil doers outside.". The paladin didn't move any closer, expecting this to be another trap.


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas paused in awe for a moment as he recognized the statue as Her mentor. He rushed into the room and past Ellena to see the source of the whimpering.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

As Karas got closer, he saw that on top of the pedestal was a nest made out of animal furs. The sound of his approached caused the mewling creature in the cavity created by the swaddle of fur to poke its silver head up. It was a very young silver dragon that could not be more than a couple of months old. "Pata comas ...?"*

*Baby talk for feed me?

Near the pedestal were a small bowl of water and a basket that was empty but appeared to have had food in it. Next to these was a small leather bound book.

detect magic:
There are traces of conjuration magic consistent with spells creating food and water Or perhaps unseen servant.

Book (written in draconic):
Dear Karas, or whoever finds this. This is my daughter, Arkalendev. If something has happened to me, please take care of her and see that she has a chance to grow up in safety.". It goes on to describe the father, a brass dragon she met while on a mission to recruit more to the crusade. More on that when I have access to my computer.


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas stood over the nest a moment in complete shock. Slowly he grabbed the journal and began to read. After only a paragraph he was on his knees crying.


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

Tauni entered the room, in awe of the whole chamber. She didn't think to raise her crossbow against a possible threat. She didn't think to search the nooks and cranks for lurking menaces. She merely takes in the majesty of this amazing place. It wasn't until Karas fell to his knees that she snapped out of her reverence and started to focus.

Silver Crusade

Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 91/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|6/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

Anarya is struck in awe by the chamber's magnificence, and stares up at the beautiful statue as she walks inside. As she approached the base of the statue, she gasped, seeing the beautiful creature within. She rushed to the nest, unsure of what to do but consumed by the need to protect the radiant wyrmling. She hesitated to touch the dragon, but she could sense the hatchling was in distress.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Assuming a 19 is enough, Anarya could tell the baby dragon was hungry, left alone here so long without her mother. She reached into her bag and pulled out some of her rations, offering some salted meat and cheese to the little dragon.

Heal: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

While the dragon eats, Anarya looks her over, trying to determine if she is healthy enough to move. Though this may be her home, this is no place for a baby dragon anymore.


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

Seeing Anarya offer food to the hatchling made Tauni snap out of her awe and pay attention to the what needed to be done. The first thing she did was slide her satchel around to her back, so the fluffy bunny within was as far as possible from the young dragon.

She stepped up behind Karas and placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. She thought about what the blood relationship would be between Karas and the hatchling. Not knowing enough details to suss out the correct relationship, she settled on saying "Your cousin is beautiful, my friend." She let her hand rest on his shoulder, hoping it provided even a glimmer of support as he worked through emotions Tauni couldn't hope to understand.


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

As Anarya suddenly appeared out of the corner of his eye and began to feed the baby, he watched with a smile creeping onto his face as tears continued. Of course. It makes so much sense now.

When Tauni's hand touched his shoulder he flinched but looked at her with a sad smile. he wiped a few tears from his silver skin and looked back to the baby before managing a whisper. "Its... its her Daughter."

"That's why she was so happy the last few weeks. Thats why the tarnishing receded. This is what she wanted to show me." He swallowed and managed a small laugh. "The greatest treasure she could ever get."

He stood again and looked at the baby and then to everyone else. "Everyone, this is Arkalendev. Daughter of Terendelev and now under our protection."

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

Avelina spent the quiet moments between the battle and this joyous discovery caught in self-reflection. The shame of running from battle needled at her again and again. The Inheritor hates cowardice, and Her Favored Soul should be above such weaknesses. Weakness is a luxury of the common folk.

Such is the line of reasoning that progressed through her mind. It kept pushing and pushing...

"OH MY GODDESS IT'S A BABY!!!"

...until she saw the baby dragon.

She bounded over to the bundle of silver joy, starry eyed and open-mouthed, barely remembering to breath.

"I absolutely lovelovelove babies! She's just so CUTE."


2 people marked this as a favorite.

"And so your heroes discovered the baby of the great silver dragon, Terendelev. The heroes would learn in time the full story of how Terendelev traveled around the Inner Sea, trying to use her influence to encourage the good and the lawful to join a new crusade. While in the country of Molthune, her recruitment speech attracted the attention of Spravilvost, a relatively young bronze dragon who was living there disguised as a human. They spent some time together and this eventually led to Terendelev's discovery that she was with egg."

Some of the older children listening to this gave each other knowing sidelong smirks, which the storyteller ignored.

"By the time she knew this, Terendelev was back in Kenabres. She sent a letter to Spravilvost, but the letter stolen when the messenger fell victim to a scam by the clever half-elf bard, Safthana. She held onto the letter and began to seek out some way to make a profit from this information. It was soon after that the news arrived of the fall of Kenabres and the death of the silver dragon who so inspired the city. Safthana recruited four young dragons she knew to be operating near the Worldwound and added a dragon rider to the host for added protection. She entered Terendelev's manor, leaving the dragon rider at the door to keep the curious looters away and managed to get to the last room before the prize she most sought, a wyrmling silver dragon, which she knew she could sell for almost any price."

"But she had not counted on the presence of true heroes in Kenabres who had an interest in protecting the legacy of Terendelev, including her distant relative Karas. But you know the rest, how the heroes made their way past the dragon rider, past the guardians left to protect their loot, and eventually, past all her mercenaries, until she was nearly killed by Karas raging thirst for revenge."

"Being the noblest of heroes, however, they did not execute their captives. They healed them and bound them and escorted them back through the ruins of the city to the headquarters of the crusade, where the leaders welcomed the discovery and recovery of Arkalendev as well as a chance to try those who came to profit from the city's misfortune. The heroes were healed and celebrated, and then, they got a call from the leader of the crusaders resisting the takeover of Kenabres, Irabeth, to meet Quednys Orlun, the founder and head librarian of Blackwing. The mission they want the heroes to take on might mean the different between final defeat and a second chance at vanquishing the demons from Kenabres and perhaps beyond."


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Keep role playing anything you want around the wyrmling, but start making your way back to the Defender's Heart with your valuables and your prisoners.

On your way through no-man's land, a young woman whose face was smeared with ash intercepted you and warned you that you were heading toward a knot of demon troops out roaming the city. Her name was Raine. She knew of some abandoned buildings where the party was able to avoid the demons.

Raine had heard about the rumors of cult safe houses and decided she would check these out herself. She went first to the shop, Topaz Solutions, which indeed has a secret basement where she found some documents that confirmed the connection to the Cult of Baphomet, the Templers of the Ivory Labyrinth, after driving away some looters.

The other location was the Tower of Estrod, occupied by a tiefling named Faxon. Raine infiltrated the towers defenses, picking off the two guards with well placed arrows, and then defeated Faxon. When she met the rest of the adventurers returning from Terendelev's manor, she was wounded, but in possession of a book detailing the plans of the Templers and names of many collaborators in Kenabres and other cities. She also had a letter which she showed the others. Document

Raine can post here to introduce herself and learn what the others have been up to. She likely has heard of the PCs if she has been at the Defender's Heart, which is probably as she would know it to be a place that crusaders would use to try to regroup. When the role playing is done, you can assume you make it the rest of the way to the Defender's Heart to report your findings to the leadership. After that, the new mission will be revealed.


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Elena's eyes lit up at seeing the tiny dragon. "It is a miracle that the little thing made it on her own as long as she did," the paladin whispered, removing her helm as she stared at the baby.

"Karas, who do we trust to guard the child? At this young age, I don't think it would be safe to travel with us, would it?". Normally, full of confidence, even if was sometimes misplaced, she was confused for the time.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Behind the screen:
DC 20
Avelina: Knowledge (History): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Avelina: Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Anarya: Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Ellena: Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Franti: Knowledge (History): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Franti: Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Tauni: Knowledge (History): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Tauni: Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
DC 35
Anarya: Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Tauni: Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

This is information earned by making some knowledge checks regarding aspects of the document found by Raine in the Tower of Estrod.

Anarya:
In her studies of other planes, Anarya has heard the name Minagho. He is the demonic ruler of the ruined city of Raliscrad in the Worldwound.

Tauni:
In her studies of history of the Worldwound, Tauni knows well the name Minagho. He is the demonic ruler of the ruined city of Raliscrad in the Worldwound.

No one knows what the Nahyndrian crystal might be.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress
Ellena Lovain wrote:

Elena's eyes lit up at seeing the tiny dragon. "It is a miracle that the little thing made it on her own as long as she did," the paladin whispered, removing her helm as she stared at the baby.

"Karas, who do we trust to guard the child? At this young age, I don't think it would be safe to travel with us, would it?". Normally, full of confidence, even if was sometimes misplaced, she was confused for the time.

Terendelev left some information in her notebook explaining that whenever she had to leave the baby alone, she left magic items that an unseen servant could cast once a day to provide food for the dragon. This was good for about 2 weeks but it's been 3 weeks since the fall of Kenabres, so the baby has been getting malnourished, although not beyond recovery with some TLC and lots of food. It could be moved with some care, once it's had some nourishment. There are those in the Defender's Heart who could look after it and it would probably be safer to try to take it there than to leave it in this part of the city.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Ranger 7 * HP 60/78 * AC 19|T15|FF13 * CMD 24 * F+6 R+10 W+4 * Init +5 Per +19 (+2 vs traps) | CURRENTLY: +2 per from H.A. |

That had been the Arch of the Fallen, Raine remembered, the white marble with inscribed names now charred and cracked and broken. And that building there had been a baker's: she could still almost taste the fresh bread...

These thoughts flitted into nothingness at the sight of the small band of travelers, three women and a man. Raine stuck to the shadows at first, not knowing who might dare to traverse the dead zone between demonic territory and resistance-held, but she couldn't let them walk into the roaming gang of fiends that waited ahead. With a low, but piercing whistle, Raine stepped out of the building's cover, tension in both her shoulders and on her bowstring.

"Walk that way and you'll not walk anywhere else," she said brusquely. "Unless you're actually demons, magicked to look like people, in which case, I'll drop as many of you as I can before you gut me, clear? But if you want to avoid the horrors hanging out down that street, you'll get back here in cover with me."

She suited action to word by stepping back behind the rubble-choked doorway of her current hiding place. "Used to be a pawn shop," her voice added on, drily, floating disassociated now from the sight of her person.

The woman that the travelers saw was human, but filthy and bloodied, her gray eyes flat and dull-- perhaps with exhaustion, perhaps with trauma. The bow in her hands was well-made though.

If any took up her invitation to enter the half-destroyed building, the red-headed woman watched them warily before saying, "So who are you, then, strolling about no-man's bold as brass buttons on a new el-tee?"

(Fellow PCs, since I think this takes place while taking Babydragon! back to a safe place, are you traveling with the wyrmling openly visible? Just so I know to flavor Raine's reaction!)

Silver Crusade

AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

I'll defer to Karas on anything regarding the baby because as far as I'm concerned, he gets the final say

Avelina preened at the question. She did so very much enjoy introducing herself, enough that she could ignore her rising annoyance that people could not grasp her obvious Holiness and Nobility.

"You may take heart, kind defender, for we are the Heroes of the Inheritor! Chosen by Her Providence to cleanse this land of any demonic obscenities."

She pointed at each of her companions in-turn.

"The dour fellow is Karas, the bright sweet girl is Anarya, the bookish girl with rabbit is Tauni, the dashing paladin is My Champion Ellena, and...and...."

Avelina's face scrunched up as she finally noticed the absence of Franti. "Where did he go?" When he doesn't come popping out, she merely shrugs and returns her attention to Raine. "Oh well. He's probably working on some jape or other silliness."

She then smiled and twirled her hand with a flourish before pointing at her sternum. The recent victory at Telendelev's Manor and recovery of the baby had emboldened her, and she felt like being showy. More than usual, anyways. "As for me...."

She tapped her wrists together, her outfit suddenly changing from her more practical traveling gear into a gold-trimmed ivory garment that's halfway between cassock and dress and nowhere near subtle. She fluttered her hands--now in matching opera gloves--as though conducting. She followed with an extravagent curtsy.

"I am Avelina. The Mysterious Vanquisher of Evil! The Warrior of Love and Valor! The Beloved Servent of the Inheritor!"

She threw out her hands in a "tada!" gesture. At that moment, as she scanned Raine for her certainly positively glowing reaction, Avelina finally took a good look at the woman, finally seeing her tired and bloodied and soiled by combat. Avelina broke from her display and dashed forward. Her eyes swelled with the kind of honest concern and understanding unexpected of a girl who thinks of flashy introductions in the middle of a warzone.

"Oh, my darling! You are all bloody and dirty. Do you need any healing? Anarya can heal you. I can clean you up, if you would like, with a mere wave of the hand. Do you need food? I have rations or cheese or water...."

She stared expectently at Raine, eyes big.


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Back at the sanctum
Karas gave Ellena an unsure look as he stood and assisted Anarya with feeding the wyrmling. "It wouldn't be a good idea to bring her along with us anywhere dangerous. We can take her to Defender's Heart for now. I think we could trust Irabeth to watch her while we're gone."

Once she had eaten, Karas gently picked up the wyrmling and swaddled her before turning the wrap into a makeshift sling to carry her. I imagine it's kinda hard to hide a wyrmling.
----------

in the wild...

As the ranger called out to them, the silver scaled teifling tensed and put his hand on the dragons head hilt of his sword while looking at the ragged woman carefully. His eyes flashed a low blue light and he gritted his teeth when she asked if they were demons in disguise.

It was a mere moment before Avelina flew into her flashy introduction and he calmed down as she lowered her bow.

He readjusted the sling holding the baby and crossed his arms. "We could ask you the same thing, wanderer. It wouldn't be the first assault on us since we made the surface and I doubt it'll be the last. Who're you?"


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Minor ret-con to what was posted a few posts up: Raine did not clear out Topaz Solutions; obviously, since the PCs did that earlier and I lost track because the exploration of Terendelev's manor occupied my memory of recent events. She is instead just returning from the Tower of Estrod, which is nearby.

Also, Franti is still with the group. I've been running him while the group finished the task at hand, hoping Franti would return. He is a rather outlandish looking human male, usually wearing face paint and lightly armored with saps as his primary weapons. I'll post things for him during this interim before getting back to the Defender's Heart.

Also, the PCs probably have a few prisoners, probably with hands bound and gagged, with feet hobbled to keep them from running. PCs can elaborate.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

At the sanctuary
As the group fawns over the discovered hatchling, Tauni quietly stepped to one side. She pulled out her journal and writing implements. She opened the journal to the inside cover and wrote in her delicate script. Should I fall and this journal be found, please see it delivered to Arkalendev, daughter of Terendelev. It contains accounts of the bravery and goodness of her kin, Karas Argentus, and his friends in the aftermath of the fall of Kenebres. She should know that the nobility of her blood extends well past that of her mother.She repeats the text in draconic and celestial before casting sand on the ink to help it dry, and then putting the tome away.

On the road
At the challenge from the newcomer, Tauni immediately turned her attention away, scanning around for signs that a more extensive ambush may be underway. One hand slipped into her satchel and flicked Cobblepaw on the head, prompting him to poke out and look around as well.


NG Ranger 7 * HP 60/78 * AC 19|T15|FF13 * CMD 24 * F+6 R+10 W+4 * Init +5 Per +19 (+2 vs traps) | CURRENTLY: +2 per from H.A. |

It was not just the three women and the man, Raine realized as she got a clearer view. Another man, bringing up the rear, with crazy paint on his face, and following a line of... Prisoners? Her eyes narrowed, wondering the story there. And... what was the man carrying in the sling, that flash of... silver...? His own skin was silver-hued too, she noticed--

But her thoughts were distracted by the grandiose introductions of one of the blonde women. Raine stared back with a distinct lack of 'glowing reaction,' her face flat and not-too-friendly, backing a step up from Avelina's approach.

"Keep your cleaning.... 'warrior of love and valor,' was it. 'Clean' stands out. Gets you killed," she said shortly. "City's pretty dirty just now in case you hadn't noticed."

Raine ran her tongue around in her cheek, narrowed eyes flicking from one to the other, putting together the group with the rumors she'd been hearing lately around the Heart. Well, fine, then, maybe they were the people who'd emerged like a miracle out from underground... nice for them, she supposed (with unfair bitterness, having no idea of the many struggles they'd had underground), to have gotten to miss out on the city's fall!

She shouldered her bow, though, and offered a curt nod to the strange silver-skinned fellow. "Name's Raine. Raine a'Thiel, but that doesn't mean much anymore. I'm trying to get back to the Heart. Got some documents the higher-ups should see. If you're really the good guys, maybe you can help escort me back."

Suddenly, the wariness drained from her face to be replaced by raw shock as she really saw what the silver man was carrying. "Gods wept," she blurted. "Is that-- is that a-- dragon--"

Memories of watching mighty, noble Terendelev falling, falling, falling to the ground welled up, strong and fresh despite the elapsed time. Raine's eyes welled with involuntary stinging tears; she swallowed and wiped angrily at her tears with the rough fabric of her sleeve.

"So you're the big heroes, then," she said, her voice muffled.


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

"Greetings, Raine. My Lafy Avelina has done the proper introductions. I'm sure you understand but I am checking to see if you are evil. It's more than just us, as you have noticed the little one. No chances can be taken," Elena concentrates on the newcomer and uses her Detect Evil ability.


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas continued to eye the woman warily but removed his hand from his sword... Its not like he really needed it anyway... "Maybe one day. For now, she's just a baby."

He approached the woman now to get a better look as he spoke. "As Avelina said, I'm Karas Argentus. Less than a month ago, I was staying with Terendelev. She was family. Now her daughter is the only blood relative I have left."

He thought a moment and let out a small chuckle as he looked at the party, "Clean stands out? Being silver and scaled stands out. Wearing Jester's makeup stands out. Having a halo stands out. Hasn't stopped us yet. We aren't heroes. Just capable hands that can help our home. If you have information for the crusaders and Ellena clears you. We'd be happy to escort you back."


NG Ranger 7 * HP 60/78 * AC 19|T15|FF13 * CMD 24 * F+6 R+10 W+4 * Init +5 Per +19 (+2 vs traps) | CURRENTLY: +2 per from H.A. |

"Sure, and how do I know you're doing what you say you're doing and not casting some spell on me?" was Raine's response to Ellena-- but it seemed to be a half-hearted objection at best, since she simply waved a resigned hand to the inspection.

Her attention was on Karas anyway, her eyes widening at the name Terendelev. "I saw her fall," she whispered. (Little knowing the others had as well.) "You're... her bloodline? This... this is her daughter?"

A brief flicker of awe flashed across Raine's face, made it seem younger despite the grime and filth. But she quickly composed herself. "Yeah, well, you're traveling in a group. Maybe you can get away being stand-outs like that. Me, I've been surviving by them not noticing me. Still, you're right about one thing: better get these papers back to the defenders, right-quick."

Raine hesitated a moment, but the sight of the child of Terendelev alive seemed to have thawed a lot of her suspicions. "I can show them to you, these papers. I found them in a tower that s'posed to be used by... demon-lovin' cultists."

Teeth gritted slightly for that. Vengeance would come, in time.

You can assume Raine is sharing the info from the papers with the others! for the sake of clear communication of what is group knowledge now, etc

2,401 to 2,450 of 3,895 << first < prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Clebsch GM Wrath of the Righteous Adventure: Book 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.