Clebsch GM Wrath of the Righteous Adventure Path

Game Master Clebsch73

Six people hold recovering the Sword of Valor, if they can retake the fortress city of Drezen and strike into the Worldwound itself.

Party Loot

Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress


101 to 150 of 3,911 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Goblin Jester of Ustalav, Franti the Fool | HP 31/31 | 0 Nonlethal | AC 18| 8 Smiles | Gear/Rolls | Theme Song (Battle) | 1/3 Terendelev Scale (Alter Self) | Party Loot

Leave some rolls for the rest of us, Anarya ;)

Franti retrieved his spare sap, placing it in his belt. He made his way to the spider. With a prod of his sunrod, he attempted to determine how decrepit it was. He pondered if a piece of it could be useful as a splint or if a leg would be suitable as a cane of sorts. As he stared at the arachnid a thought dawned.

Moved Avatar on Map 15ft east.

Franti thought aloud, hardly louder than a whisper. "As a jesting pest, I know best..." He waved the light to the deeper reaches of the cavern. "Where one is found, so are the rest..." He contemplated throwing his sunrod into the darkness as a probe, but he feared another crack in the earth and losing his light.

The fool listened intently as he placed his rod to the floor. He leaned against a formation of rocks as he went through his bag. He drew a couple tindertwigs, a single torch, and a set of flint and steel. He weighed the options his tools provided. He grabbed a fist-sized slab of rubble. From his bag he drew a sheathed dagger and a cord of silk rope. "Silver," he called out, "how far can you throw a rock?"

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

Once everyone was extracted, Avelina took up a central position where should be easily seen, holding her lighted sword up high, posed like many a statue of ancient heroes.

"Greetings, everyone! A terrible calamity apepars to have befallen us, but do not lose Faith! The Hand of the Inheritor works still, and certainly we have been all brought together for a reason. As I am here, clearly we are a gathering of Great Heroes."

She began pacing back and forth, tapping the flat of her sword against her hand, similar to a teacher with a ruler.

"Now, I think it would be a splendid idea for everyone to introduce themselves and state their areas of expertise, so that when the proper challenge shows up, we will know to look to you. Even the smallest skill might mean our salvation!"

She glanced away for a second, pursing her lips as she recollected something. She finally returned to her pacing.

"For example, in my favorite Irreseni tale--"The Fool's Flying Ship"--the titular fool collected a sharpshooter, a farmer with magic icy straw, a woodsman that could turn sticks to soldiers, a lightning fast runner, and a very, very hungry woman and they were all necessary for him to win the hand of the Jadwiga princess."

She stopped and turned to face the party. She straightened her back and took a classical contraposto pose, her head held high.

"Naturally, I will go first. I am Avelina Theodosia Iomedae Rydell Cecilia Galfrey, niece of the Queen of Mendev. No need to worry about the full titles now. To this gathering of Heroes, I bring boundless enthusiasm, splendid beauty, divine magical power, and the Eternal Favor of the Inheritor."

She scanned the crowd, holding her hand above her eyes like a visor against the light of her own sword.

"Now, who's next?"


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas stopped pressing the rock as the staff was brought to lever the rock off. In his fatigue he pulled a rock closer to fulcrum the staff before slumping to his knees in melancholy once more.

He replied to the fool in hollow monotone, "Decently."

He looked about the rubble and gathered people before curling his knees to his chest and slumping his forehead to his knees.

He waited for the others to finish. Some respite to grieve is all I ask.


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

"I am Ellena Lovain of the Everbright Crusaders. Iomedae has tasked my sword arm to slay demons in her name. And their evil spawn, as well, if any of you get any funny ideas," she added, staring at the tiefling.

"We need to get back to town. The Warriors will need our support to stop those demons!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Goblin Jester of Ustalav, Franti the Fool | HP 31/31 | 0 Nonlethal | AC 18| 8 Smiles | Gear/Rolls | Theme Song (Battle) | 1/3 Terendelev Scale (Alter Self) | Party Loot

Franti looks to the man with a smile, trying to keep spirits up the best he could. "Decently'll do!" The jester unsheathed his dagger making its inauguaral cut. The blade took off a foot or so of the rope he earlier removed. He pulled at the threads, removing several strands. Placing a tindertwig on the stone, he tied it together with a neat bow of thread. He repeated the process, placing four tindertwigs on the rock all with tidily wrapped knots.

Franti handed the stone-device to the tiefling. "Careful not to drop it, Silver." He pointed to the east. "Throw it there and..." Franti tries to think of a rhyming word. He didn't think too far ahead. Silver, silver, silver... The fool appeared annoyed at himself. "Just throw it."


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

Having heard others starting introductions, Tauni added her voice to the count. "I'm Tauni Desba. Friends call me 'Rabbit'." Feeling her response is weak compared to the bold Crusaders, but not wanting to boast of abilities she may not be able back up, she just adds "I read a lot."

Using her sunrod for light, she begins poking through the rubble, looking first for any survivors and then for any gear that may help them survive.

With each mangled crusader she comes across, she grimaces, clutches her holy symbol and murmurs "May Abadar take you into his Vault, for you died in the war to save civilization." Useful items she'll toss out into the middle of the clearing (unless that would break it, in which case she'll walk it over and set it down).


Male Human Aristocrat 4

As Avelina nattered on about herself, Horgus groaned to himself and muttered, not so softly that those nearby could not hear, Gods and Goddesses! Who died and made you queen!

After Ellena introduced herself, Horgus said, "Enough! I am Horgus Gwerm. My investments and donations help keep this place running. How about we get on with the task of figuring out a way back to the surface. Looks like the fool over there has spotted a tunnel. Let's get a move on before the demons destroy everything. If you can get me to my manor before it gets looted, I'll give you lot a 1000 gold pieces as a reward. Now let's get moving."


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Behind the Screen:

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Knowledge (Nature, untrained): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Franti:

In the dark recesses beyond where the dim light fades to darkness, you spot many little pairs of eyes near the ground. You think they might be snakes. They are not on the move, just watching from the darkness.


Female human Rogue 3

As Anarya worked on her splint, Anevia listened to the introductions. At an appropriate pause she said, "I am Anevia Tirabade. I am a fair shot with my bow, but at present I have only 4 arrows. The rest fell out as we descended. I can fight with my sword, but ..." she glanced meaningfully at her broken leg, "probably best I stick to the back and stay out of people's way. I can deal with any mechanical menaces we might encounter," she added, patting a pocket which held a number of tools wrapped in a leather case.


Male Elf

Aravashnial volunteered nothing about himself initially. He sat listening intently, however, or else lost in thought.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Ellena pulled the quiver with 20 arrows off her back. "Never was good with a bow anyway. I'll be up front with my sword and shield." She passed the quiver to the injured archer. "Now you have 20 more to fire at will."

Did anyone pull a walking stick for Avenia? If so, Ellena makes the further statement.

"Avenia, while you are toward the back, could you help guide the mage until we get him healed? There might be demons down here, same as us, and the rest of us need to fight. The town needs us, as this one said," Ellena adds, pointing to Gwerm.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

Avelina backhanded Horgus across the face. The tempestuous girl's countenance switched from pleasant enthusiasm to grim fury in a second.

"I am in the line of succession, so someone very well might 'die and make me queen.' You will not speak again with such disrespect to me nor anyone else in our Fellowship. Understood, 'Worm?'"

Intimidate: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Avelina cleaned her glove with a cantrip, her sour mood washing away as well.

"As the lovely Sir Ellena said, we must continue on to see to the protection of the people of Kenabres. Those who have not yet shared their skills--"

Avelina indicated Franti, Karas, Anarya, and the blind elf with an open hand, remembering that it is impolite to point.

"--may do so on the move, if they so desire. I suppose you might keep them secret for a dramatic moment. A nice bit of excitement!"

Avelina walked over to Karas and Franti. She leaned down, holding out a hand to the sullen tiefling, a kind, irrepressibly confident smile on her face.

"Come along, Darling. We're off to kill demons and save the world. Doesn't that sound lovely?"


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Ellena stared wide eyed at the ever so pleasant noble lady socked Merchant Gwerm right in the kisser! Of course, it was a noble slap, not a punch as Ellena was used to, but it certainly opened her eyes to the deeper levels that Avelina held.

The paladin took a step forward to subtly place herself in between the merchant and her friend, cutting off his avenue to reach her if he tried to strike back.

"Ah, yep, that's right. We need to get on our way. We need an order of ranks so that we can all stay safe while down here. I need to be up front, along with someone with good eyes. My helm blocks my vision, and I seem to fall into pits, traps, you name it." She waited for a volunteer to speak up.

Instead of her helm, maybe its her lack of Wisdom. Nah, it's got to be the helm!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas dragged himself to his feet and accepted the rock from Franti. He promptly heaved the rock in the direction indicated. throw: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

He then turned and started to help dig bodies out of the rubble and stoically place them in rows with their arms crossed on their chests. He picked up a bloodied and battered longsword from amongst the rubble and slipped it into his belt.

He did not turn as the introduced himself solemnly and matter of factly. "I am Karas Argentus. I can fight, and my wrath with make the Storm King quake as I wring the life from his thrice-damned neck. I will have my vengeance in her name."

Once he was convinced he could get to no more corpses he turned to Ellena. "I can see. I'll walk up front and frankly couldn't care less if you trust my blood, crusader. There's a demon I need to kill."


Goblin Jester of Ustalav, Franti the Fool | HP 31/31 | 0 Nonlethal | AC 18| 8 Smiles | Gear/Rolls | Theme Song (Battle) | 1/3 Terendelev Scale (Alter Self) | Party Loot

Franti watched the stone leave his view, searching the darkness for it's impact. He hoped at least one of the tindertwigs would spark.

Franti spoke, again hushed. "Who else spies those glist'ning eyes?" The fool gulped, examining the distant glassy glow. Then he realized what they were. Where another may worry at the sight of countless serpents, Franti stretched a smile. Snakes! By the Merrygleam, snakes! The fool removed a wooden symbol of his god from within his robes. The symbol depicted a twisted branch wrapped by an undulating serpent.

He waited for Karas' thrown stone to impact the ground, watching for any other signs of life, or environmental clues. The jester was confident that the snakes were a symbol of his god, and he couldn't hide his grin.

I'm going to be bitten by a gods-dang snake...

Silver Crusade

Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 88/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|5/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

Anarya looks shocked at Avelina's violent slap, perturbed by seeing the noblewoman strike the man. "Milady! Please, no violence among our number."

She continued after a few moments, taking a breath to calm herself. "I am Anarya. You have seen my gifts - Iomedae has blessed me with the power of healing light. I'm no great warrior, though I can wield a mace easily enough. The one I bear is forged of cold iron, which will aid us in case we encounter demons in our journey."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Aristocrat 4

Behind the screen:

Horgus: Bluff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Anarya: Perception (non-sound): 1d20 ⇒ 2
Avelina: Perception: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (5) - 4 = 1
Ellena: Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
Franti: Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Karas: Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Tauni: Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Horgus: Bluff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Anarya: Perception (non-sound): 1d20 ⇒ 16
Avelina: Perception: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (8) - 4 = 4
Ellena: Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Franti: Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Karas: Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Tauni: Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

When Avelina slapped Horgus, he took it with aplomb, as if he had been slapped by women before and felt no embarrassment or remorse.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Behind the screen:
Miss direction: 1d8 ⇒ 8
Tindertwigs: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Karas tossed the tindertwig laced stone, and it went slightly off line, but when it hit a stone wall of the cavern all four ignited as Franti had intended. The light was dim, little more than a candle and it waxed and waned quickly, but long enough to reveal a swarm of rats haunting the shadows, to which they had fled when the cavern collapsed, apparently while they were supping on the spider corpse. To the horror of Franti and Karas the rats were spooked by the light and began to move toward the knot of adventurers. Only Karas, Franti, and Tauni, whose hare began to squirm and alerted her, noticed the swarm as it surged forward, and only Karas and Tauni were quick enough to respond before the rats began to rush forward.

Since this happens immediately after Karas throws the rock, he has not yet found a sword.

On the Table, initiative:

Anarya: Initiative: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (17) - 3 = 14
Avelina: Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Ellena: Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Franti: Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Karas: Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Tauni: Initiative: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Anevia: Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Aravashnial: Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Horgus: Initiative: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16
Rat Swarm: Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Surprise Determination
Rat Swarm: Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22
Anarya: Perception (non-sound), 50': 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (2) - 5 = -3 Surprised
Avelina: Perception, 30': 1d20 - 4 - 3 ⇒ (3) - 4 - 3 = -4 Surprised
Ellena: Perception, 40': 1d20 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (12) - 1 - 4 = 7 Surprised
Franti: Perception, looking right at swarm, 20': 1d20 + 3 + 20 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 20 - 2 = 23
Karas: Perception, looking right at swarm, 20': 1d20 + 6 + 20 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 20 - 2 = 33
Tauni: Perception, 30': 1d20 + 6 - 3 ⇒ (19) + 6 - 3 = 22
Anevia: Perception, 40': 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 5 - 4 = 8 Surprised
Aravashnial: Perception, blind, 50': 1d20 + 7 - 20 - 5 ⇒ (16) + 7 - 20 - 5 = -2 Surprised
Horgus: Perception, 55': 1d20 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (17) + 2 - 5 = 14 Surprised

Surprise round: Take a move or standard action (not both)
Karas
Tauni
Rats
Franti

Round 1
Aravashnial
Karas
Anevia
Tauni
Rats
Horgus
Anarya
Franti
Avelina
Ellena

Karas is up. After he has posted, Tauni may post, etc.

Behind the screen:

DC:7 (12, 17, 22)
Karas: Knowledge (Nature), untrained: 1d20 ⇒ 13
Tauni: Knowledge (Nature), untrained: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Karas:

Knowledge (Nature):Rat Swarm takes only half damage from piercing and slashing attacks, their bite can spread disease.

Tauni:

Knowledge (Nature):Rat Swarm takes only half damage from piercing and slashing attacks; their bite can spread disease; a swarm has no clear front or back and no discernible anatomy, so it is not subject to critical hits or flanking.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Not having time to pick up his sword, Karas called up his anger once more and stalked toward the swarm as his claws extended. Finally an outlet.


Surprise Round
Free Action: Bloodrage
Move Action: Move 15' to the swarm

Round 1 Actions:

Round 1: (Assuming rats are still in range)
Claw Attack 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Claw Damage 1: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Claw Attack 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Claw Damage 2: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Karas snarled and moved away from the group,his features changing into a strange blend of draconic and fiend, silver claws extending from his fingertips. The rats were still massing from cracks and crevasses but they would soon be able to swarm all over him.

Tauni is next.

Initiative order:
Surprise round: Take a move or standard action (not both)
Karas
Tauni
Rats
Franti

Round 1
Aravashnial
Karas
Anevia
Tauni
Rats
Horgus
Anarya
Franti
Avelina
Ellena


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

Tauni will ready an action to cast Color Spray on the swarm if it comes within 5' of her.


Goblin Jester of Ustalav, Franti the Fool | HP 31/31 | 0 Nonlethal | AC 18| 8 Smiles | Gear/Rolls | Theme Song (Battle) | 1/3 Terendelev Scale (Alter Self) | Party Loot

First swarm encounter, dreaded this day as a player. Also the tinder-rock was a bad idea.

Franti was fond of snakes, but rats were another question. He piled everything into his bag and drews his saps. As they began to scurry, he retreated. The fool backed up give feet west, calling out to those trapped beneath Kenabres with him. he hadn't the time to rhyme. "Vermin! Everyone!"


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

On the Table:

No attack roll needed for swarm when they occupy the same square as an opponent.
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Save vs. Distraction, DC 12 Fortitude, raging: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 2 = 25
Save succeeded, so no distraction effect.

Behind the Screen:

Save vs. Disease, DC 12 Fortitude, raging: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 2 = 25
Save succeeded, no disease.

The rats began to spill out into the main cavern, overrunning the bloodraging Karas, who seemed happy to have so many opponents to attack. The rats bit into his flesh wherever it was exposed, leaving trails of blood that drove them to feast the more.

Tauni drew magical energies to her fingertips, prepared to drive the assault back, but they did not come at her as she had feared. Franti retreated, calling out a warning that might have been taken as an insult were it not for the sound of hundreds of rats chittering in excitement at live food to devour.

Franti, move yourself where you wish.

Aravashnial stood and moved as far from the sound of rats as he could, which wasn't very far. He stood with his back to the cavern wall, quarterstaff in hand. "If anyone needs a weapon," he said, "This stick makes a good rat smasher."

He will surrender the weapon if someone pulls on it.

When Karas began swiping at rats with his claws, they began to fly fast and far.

Anevia shot two arrows at the swarm.

On the Table:

Shortbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Shortbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
confirm: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Her first shot skittered just over the mass, but her second managed to skewer multiple rats on its way through the mass. The rats started to become disorganized, but still posed a serious threat, unless more damage was done to them.

Initiative Order:

Round 1
Aravashnial
Karas (5 damage)
Anevia
Tauni
Rats (21 damage)
Horgus
Anarya
Franti
Avelina
Ellena


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

Tauni advanced up next to one of the large stones, and from that position she cast a dazzling illusionary burst of colors, hoping to overwhelm the senses of the rats. She carefully measured in her mind, and she drew the arcane power short before it reached her brave, brutish ally already in the midst of the vermin invaders.

Move as reflected on the map, casting color spray. DC 15 will save or affected based on hit dice.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Behind the Screen:

Will Save to negate Color Spray, DC 15
Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Saves.

Tauni sent forth the color spray into the rat swarm. The rats flinched as the colors washed over them, but when the colors faded, the rats were almost unaffected. The one result of the spell was to cause the rats to notice Tauni and to move over to attack her.

Behind the Screen:

Rat Swarm Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Tauni Fortitude Save vs Disease, DC 12 Fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Fails Save, has contracted Filth Fever

Cobblepaw Fortitude Save vs Disease, DC 12 Fort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Fails Save, has contracted Filth Fever

Filth fever: Swarm—injury; save Fort DC 12; onset 1d3 days; frequency 1/day; effect 1d3 Dex damage and 1d3 Con damage; cure 2 consecutive saves. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Fortitude Save vs Distraction, DC 12 Fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Fails: Any living creature that takes damage from a creature with the distraction ability is nauseated for 1 round.

Cobblepaw Fortitude Save vs Disease, DC 12 Fort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The rats did not do as much damage to Tauni as they did to Karas, perhaps because their numbers had been reduced or her spell had affected some. But they also bit Cobblepaw, her familiar. The effect of all those rats crawling up her robes and getting in her hair and accosting Cobblepaw rendered her unable to cast spells or do anything more complicated than moving.

Tauni is nauseated.

Horgus flattened himself against the wall next to Aravashnial and made no motion to use the proffered quarterstaff to attack the rats. "I hate rats! Kill them! Keep them away!" There was real fear in his voice.

Initiative Order:

Initiative Order:
Round 1
Aravashnial
Karas (5 damage)
Anevia
Tauni (1 damage) Cobblepaw (1 damage)
Rats (21 damage)
Horgus
^^^Acted^^^

Anarya
Franti
Avelina
Ellena

Anarya up next.

Silver Crusade

Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 88/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|5/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

Seeing the surge of rats pouring forth from the darkness, Anarya quickly moved to the side, not wanting to get caught against a wall with ravenous rodents trapping her in. Seeing the tiefling's many wounds, and the young man's seeming bloodlust, she circled around towards him, giving the rats a wide berth as she drew her sling from her belt.

Moving and drawing my sling, trying (likely in vain) to get to Karas before he throws himself back into the fray. Ideally I'll heal using channel energy after the battle, but if it looks like Karas will go down, I'll have to use my last spell.


Goblin Jester of Ustalav, Franti the Fool | HP 31/31 | 0 Nonlethal | AC 18| 8 Smiles | Gear/Rolls | Theme Song (Battle) | 1/3 Terendelev Scale (Alter Self) | Party Loot

Franti collected himself, somewhat inspired by the reckless actions of the tiefling. Upon seeing Rabbit attacked, the jester made up his mind. It was time to join the fight. The fool breathed deeply before charging towards the rats. Upon arriving close, he brought back his belled boot, and kicked at the debris and dirt.

Dirty Trick to Blind Swarm: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

Avelina tapped the pommel of her sheathed longsword as she looked at the disgusting mass of rats. She finally turned to the blind elf and spoke.

"I will take you up your offer. I will not sully my longsword with the blood of vermin."

She's also not proficient with the longsword yet lol

She ran over to him and grabbed the "ratsmasher."

Move action to move, move or standard (?) to take proferred quarterstaff


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Elena had fought swarms on the front line previously. She pulled an unlit torch and her flint and steel from her backpack, and attempted to light the torch. Normally, Elena was outspoken with an opinion on everything, but since combat began, if the others were paying attention, they might notice she went very silent, focusing on the task at hand.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Avelina can take the quarterstaff as part of whatever movement she makes during the round. If she has enough movement to get to the rats, she can attack. I'll post the description of the above, plus the actions of the NPCs this afternoon or evening. If Karas wants to take another attack, he can. If Tauni wants to take a move action she can do that as well.

Silver Crusade

AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

She doesn't have nearly enough movement to get back over to the swarm after moving to get the staff, so I suppose she would just ready an attack with the staff for when the rats get closer

Avelina turned back towards the swarm, holding the elf's staff at the ready. She could not help but hold a hand up to her mouth at the mass of filthy creatures.

Readied Attack with Quarterstaff: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

If you have a ready weapon in hand(s), you get an AOO if the swarm moves from an adjacent square into your square. So far the swarm has demonstrated a maximum movement of 15'.

I've added a link showing a copy of the melee map at present, so if something changes and we need to look back to figure out where people were before moving, we can.


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

Gagging and wretching, Tauni moved quickly away from the churning horde of vermin. As she ran, she ineffectually batted at the rats that clung to her, trying to dislodge them.


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas turned to chase the vermin. His head now sported swept back silver horns the length of his skull and his eyes glowed white.

Move 10' adjacent to the swarm again and claw.
Claw Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Claw Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

As the swarm moved ever closer to the the group, Anarya circled warily, trying to keep close enough to heal Karas if he needed it while Franti tried to kick dirt into the rats faces. The ground where he scuffed his boots was mostly rock and had little effect. Avelina and Ellena scrambled to arm themselves, Avelina with Aravashnial's quarterstaff and Ellena with a lit torch.

As Tauni fled the swarm in disgust, Karas continued crushing and clawing rats until the swarm disintegrated and the rats fled in all directions, seeking the safety of the cracks and crevasses once more.

Melee over.


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas flailed at the fleeing rats as his rage subsided. The horns and claws retracted. His eyes returned to normal as he stayed on his hands and knees puffing.

Well... That at least helped a little. He looked up at the group and sat back on his knees. "I'm sorry. Where were we?"

Silver Crusade

AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

Avelina shifted the staff to hold it in the crook of her arm as she clapped for tiefling.

"Very good, Darling! That's all settled now."

Avelina returned the staff to her hand. She twirls and rotates it this way and that as she gets a feel for it.

"We were still doing introductions, but I think we know enough now to carry forward. Clearly, the Inheritor positioned our fall near the vermin so that we would be forced to show our skills in battle, rather than simply through words. I don't know why I didn't see it before!"

Avelina thrust the staff out, pointing forward.

"Let us heal ourselves and prepare to move out!"

Noticing that she was still holding the staff and not her sword, Avelina turned back and tapped the elf on the shoulder to get his attention.

"Is it alright if I hold onto this staff for the time being, Darling, in case we come across more vermin? Or do you need it to walk?"

Silver Crusade

Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 88/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|5/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

"Is everyone alright? Karas, you look terrible." Anarya approached the tiefling, examining his wounds. "Tauni," she said, glancing around for the woman with the hare. She half-began to reflexively sign her words to the young woman as she spoke, but stopped herself with an inner laugh. Old habits, she thought to herself. "You've been hurt too. Bring your friend and come close, please," she said, looking at Cobblepaw with a smile.

Perhaps Tauni is vaguely familiar with sign language already, if she's going to pick up a skill rank in it next level. As we travel, Anarya could refresh her memory until she's remembered enough to merit a skill point in it.

Her patients gathered, she let another healing wave flow forth, rippling out from her halo of light. With the energies unleashed, the halo's light appeared a shade softer than before, like the sun gently settling below the clouds at sunset.

Channel Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 3

"That should be enough for travel," she concluded. "My energies replenish with the dawn, but they are not without limit. We shall have to take care as we search for a way out of this pit."


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Ellena stowed her sword and kept her torch lit. "How about giving the staff to the lady with the hurt leg? She needs it to walk, and she can help the blind elf," Ellena whispers, having already forgotten the newcomers' names.

She grabs her shied, with her lit torch making it easier for her to see. "Are we ready to go?"


Goblin Jester of Ustalav, Franti the Fool | HP 31/31 | 0 Nonlethal | AC 18| 8 Smiles | Gear/Rolls | Theme Song (Battle) | 1/3 Terendelev Scale (Alter Self) | Party Loot

Franti watched the rats scatter. He returned to the group, mystified by the light of Anarya's halo. She has the right idea, he thought. He placed his sunrod upon his hat, carefully resting it the best he could. He took delicate, careful steps to Kara, neither wanting to provoke the man, or have his Hat-light fall.

"Do the claws and horns make wearing gloves and hats annoying?" The fool asked mostly in jest, but he was also interested in the answer. "I am Franti, good throw earlier."


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

Scratched and bitten in dozens of places, Tauni pulled Cobblepaw out of her satchel and checked him as well. Seeing some bites on the stoic rabbit as well, she looks to the others. Seeing the beautiful woman sign to her, Tauni replies in sign. "Slower. Not talked. This. Years."

When she invited them closer verbally, Tauni smiled and said "I'm sorry; it has been years since I've had to use sign language. A deaf crusader used to come into my mother's business and I learned from him. But it been years because, well, he didn't come back from a mission."


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Behind the screen:

1d3 ⇒ 1 days for onset of Filth Fever for Tauni
# of casualties: 2d3 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3

By the time the swarm of rats dispersed, the dust had settled enough to see the chamber clearly. Dead and dying rats littered the ground where Karas had attacked them. Three casualties of the ground's collapse could be seen scattered about mostly buried beneath the rubble. The cavern ceiling extended up beyond the view of even Karas' vision. No light filtered down and the sounds of battle could not be heard. The cavern had apparently extended further west but that way was now completely sealed with collapsed earth. Two other passageways led out of the east end of the cavern, each only wide enough for one medium person to pass.

When Anarya channeled healing energy throughout the chamber, some of the rats revived and scampered into the dark corners of the chamber. Karas still had two points damage but except for Aravashnial everyone had been fully healed. The elf still had a nasty wound that could not be seen while he was on his back. Apparently, the whip of the Storm King had hit him and the end had wrapped around his body and across his eyes, blinding him. He still had 24 points of damage (11/35) but was able to move.


Male Elf

"If Anevia will serve as my eyes," the elf said, "she may use my staff to help her walk. I'd like it to protect myself in case you are overwhelmed by foul denizens of this realm. It has long been known that there are underground caves and tunnels. Citizens of the underdark have been known to infest them, but there is rumored to be a sizable population of people sometimes referred to as 'mongrelmen,' descendents of the first generation of crusaders to have children. The dark energy of the Worldwound sometimes causes children to be born with defects and features similar to demons or animals. Small-minded people despised them and they took refuge where they could, under Kenabres."


Female human Rogue 3

Anevia willingly agreed to help Aravashnial. "With these arrows filling my quiver, I'll do what I can to defend you. You've saved our lives and I am grateful." Aravashnial nodded at this comment.

Anevia stood next to the elf and in a low voice, described for him what had just happened with the rats, the other people in the party, and their general situation. Going forward, she kept the elf apprised of the situation by describing what was happening and the situations they were encountering.

Upon seeing Tauni and Anarya signing, she said, "You poor dear, are you deaf?" It was not clear which person she was addressing.

Silver Crusade

Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 88/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|5/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

Anarya's face lit up with excitement when Tauni clumsily signed back to her. She smiled and turned to her, signing and speaking together so she could follow the motions. "I would love to help you practice, if you like."

Seeing that many of the rats survived with the aid of her healing, Anarya was inwardly relieved. She was sure the others would see them as only vermin, but she never liked seeing any creature get hurt if it could be helped. She hoped they would stay scattered and out of sight, though!

Seeing Anevia speaking, she responded. "I'm afraid so. I worked in the healing tents during the Red Plague, and succumbed to the early stages. I'm grateful to have lost nothing more than my hearing."

The Red Plague was a small-scale epidemic which swept through the poorer districts of Kenabres about ten years ago, leaving some dead and others deafened from its enduring side effects. It's likely that the crusader Tauni learned sign from was also a victim (and perhaps one of Anarya's patients). Presumably, the disease strangely resisted such magic as remove blindness/deafness, but such magical oddities are commonplace so near the Worldwound.


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

"Deaf, who is deaf?" The crusader hadn't quite picked up on Anarya not having regular hearing capabilities.

Ellena grabbed her pack, and maneuvered to the open tunnel. "We can talk while we walk. The Warriors need us! Hopefully they can hold out until we get there. Who's got good eyes? Everyone else fall in behind us!"

If someone spoke up, Ellena commanded them to move beside her in the front ranks.


Male Elf

"Wait!" The elf's voice rang out before anyone could move.

"I am Aravashnial, a conjurer of no small ability. I've been in Kenabres for two years, veteran of over a dozen missions into the Worldwound itself, and I have the scars to prove it. Is there anyone else with actual experience fighting demons? If not, I suggest you follow my instructions should we encounter such fiends. I can assure you, if we have to kill demons, it will not be lovely!" With this last comment, he scowled in the general direction he thought Avelina was. Before anyone could say more than a sentence, he continued his discourse.

"It sounds as if we have two reliable fighters, Ellena and Karas?" He did not wait for an answer to his rhetorical question. "And we have a deaf healer. I assume you read lips. I'm afraid I can't know where you are so forgive me if I speak and you cannot see me to understand. Others will have to translate. I heard one person cast Color Spray earlier. An excellent choice, even if it did not have much effect. So we have another arcane caster. Would that be the one who introduced herself as Toni?

"That leaves the queen's niece and one named Franti. Avelina? You spoke in glowing terms about yourself but you neglected to tell what your own strengths are. Are you spellcaster, paladin, cleric, inquisitor? Franti, what can you contribute?"


Goblin Jester of Ustalav, Franti the Fool | HP 31/31 | 0 Nonlethal | AC 18| 8 Smiles | Gear/Rolls | Theme Song (Battle) | 1/3 Terendelev Scale (Alter Self) | Party Loot

Franti thought hard about what he could actually contribute. He was good at dodging things, an object thrown from a sour crowd rarely hit him. He was good at being quiet and unseen, but rarely exercised the ability. He learned to pick locks and fiddle with devices rather well, but never did so short of when he locked himself out of his own inn room. He knew a few languages and how to speak them cleverly, and his writing was pretty for a commoner.

But he considered himself great in one thing. "Franti brings jokes, " he said, smile on his face. He looked to see if anyone else smiled. "But jokes aside, I can navigate places with a covert glide. I've not found a door I cannot unlock, so entries and exits needn't a knock. Franti your fool, professional jokester." He looks to Avelina with a wink and stuck his tongue out. "What about you my golden-haired boaster?"

Silver Crusade

AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

Avelina handed back the staff to Anevia as Aravashinial spoke.

"We are indeed honored to have one of your training and skill with us, Aravashnial. The Hand of the Inheritor at work again, I see! I will pardon your terseness, as unlike some here--"

Avelina turned a sharp glance towards Gwerm.

"--you have experience in battle. I shall see to the return of your eyesight at the soonest opportunity! Oh, and my apologies for leaving out the most important bit of my skills. There were just so many things I thought worth mentioning!"

Avelina took a spot at Ellena's side once more as the young woman pointed at herself with an open, dainty palm.

"The Inheritor Herself has granted me Her magic. I suppose you could call me a cleric, but I am unaware of any with powers precisely like mine."

She really does think she's a divine spellcaster, so no bluff. That said, it will be obvious enough that she's an arcane spellcaster once Aravashinial spellcrafts one of her spells.

She placed her hand on her hip, glaring at Franti.

"And boast? I would never do such a thing. The Inheritor values humility, and as Her Favored Servant, I would never have acted contrary to Her wishes."

She twirled one of her forelocks, smiling at the hair.

"Golden-haired is entirely correct, though."

Avelina grasped Ellena's arm, drawing her longsword and pointing forward with it.

"Now that that is settled, as My Champion says, let us carry onward!"


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

After Franti and Avelina respond to the elf, Tauni does as well. "Yes, that was me, Tauni, that you heard casting the spell. I'm not an accomplished wizard by any means, but I have a couple tricks like that I can use to help us get out of here. Friends sometimes call me Rabbit. And Cobblepaw is my lepus friend here. I have spent a lot of time with the Abadaran watch in Kenabres, so I am accustomed to being on the look out for trouble. I will follow along last to try and warn all if danger comes from behind."

101 to 150 of 3,911 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Clebsch GM Wrath of the Righteous Adventure: Book 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.