Clebsch GM Wrath of the Righteous Adventure Path

Game Master Clebsch73

Six people hold recovering the Sword of Valor, if they can retake the fortress city of Drezen and strike into the Worldwound itself.

Party Loot

Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress


201 to 250 of 3,911 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Elf

"Giant beetles spraying acid!" Anevia blurted out for the blind elf's benefit.

"Blister Beetles, I'll wager. They prey on giant bees, but they aren't picky about food. They can't repeat their spray for a bit after they've used it," came his shouted reply.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Round 1
Tauni
Aravashial
^^Acted^^

\/Next\/
Ellena (-1 hp, -2 to attack)
Franti
Anarya
Anevia
Horgus
Karas
Beetles (#3:-6 hp)
Avelina (-1 hp, -2 to attack)

Ellena is up.


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Ellena threw down her torch, and pulled her longsword as she advanced 5' to engage beetle 3, even as she cried out in pain from that godsforsaken acid. "Behind me, everyone! I'll keep these beasts from you!"

She swung her sword in a sweeping arc, trying to cleave into the beetle.

Attack 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 5 - 2 = 18

Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Free action-drop torch, Move action 5'step and draw sword. Standard action--attack. Additional note, I did not take a minus two to damage as you did not specifically say to do so, but it might be called for...just not sure.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Damage is not affected by the acid's after-effects.

Ellena tried to cut the beetle in two and succeeded!

Beetle #3 is dead. I will mark the icon and leave it there, but it does not represent any obstacle to movement.

Round 1
Tauni
Aravashial
Ellena (-1 hp, -2 to attack)
^^Acted^^

\/Next\/
Franti
Anarya
Anevia
Horgus
Karas
Beetles (#3:dead)
Avelina (-1 hp, -2 to attack)


Goblin Jester of Ustalav, Franti the Fool | HP 31/31 | 0 Nonlethal | AC 18| 8 Smiles | Gear/Rolls | Theme Song (Battle) | 1/3 Terendelev Scale (Alter Self) | Party Loot

Franti danced over to the nearest insect (25', through Karas into Beetle#2's threatened square) taking note of Ellena's slice, but ignoring her cries to stay behind her. Perhaps she would be the victor after all... He hopped around Karas, and placed himself by in the thick of battle, trying to avoid the attacks of any foe with light, playful steps.

Acrobatics to Avoid AoO from Beetle#1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

He took back his arm, and with a grand twirl, spun on his heel, gathering motion in his sap before striking the beetle with the thick, weighted end of his weapon. "Heehee!"

Flanking Attack on Beetle#1: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 = 10 for Damage+Sneak: 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + (4) = 5, nonlethal.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

The razor sharp mandibles of the beetles snapped at the dancing fool, but only managed to snag a few threads of his coat sleeve. His sap fell directly on the back of the beetle, but only made a dull thunk against the thick chitin.

Round 1
Tauni
Aravashial
Ellena (-1 hp, -2 to attack)
Franti
^^Acted^^
\/Next\/
Anarya
Anevia
Horgus
Karas
Beetles (#3:dead)
Avelina (-1 hp, -2 to attack)

Anarya is up.

Silver Crusade

Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 88/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|5/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

Anarya glanced at Ellena and Avelina, quickly assessing that their wounds were not severe. Whirling her sling above her head, she stepped to the side, sending a bullet whipping through the air at the nearest beetle.

Attack Roll (-4 into melee): 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (16) - 3 = 13
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Anarya tried to thread the needle with her sling shot to hit the beetle as it crawled between Ellena and Karas and Franti. With too many friends nearby, her shot came in just short and sprayed some dirt at the aggressive beetle.


Female human Rogue 3

As soon as Anarya loosed her sling shot, Anevia took a turn, shooting a the bug between the others engaging them in melee.

On the Table:

Short Bow, into melee: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 5 - 4 = 21
Confirm critical threat: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 4 = 3 Does not crit.

damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

The arrow sailed right into the beetle's wide abdomen.

Beetle #1 takes 6 points of damage. It is not yet down to half hit points.


Male Human Aristocrat 4

"Good shot, Anevia! Keep a way clear for the archers and slingers to get shots in!" Horgus shouted to the fighters in the middle of the fray.

Round 1
Tauni
Aravashial
Ellena (-1 hp, -2 to attack)
Franti
Anarya
Anevia
Horgus
^^Acted^^
\/Next\/
Karas
Beetles (#1: -6 hp)(#3:dead)
Avelina (-1 hp, -2 to attack)

Karas is up.


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas barely registered the merchant orders. He saw blood and threats to those around him. he whirled and continued to claw away at the beetles.

I cant view the map at work but I'd like to be in reach of both of the beetles if a 5 ft move works for it.

Claw Attack 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 Against wounded beetle
Claw Damage 1: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Claw Attack 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 Against wounded beetle if still alive or other beetle otherwise
Claw Damage 2: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Karas' first attack missed, but his second raked the beetle with the arrow in it, tearing its upper body from lower.

On the Table:

1: Attacks Karas; 2: Franti
target: 1d2 ⇒ 1

The third beetle, still uninjured tried to bite the raging tiefling.

On the Table:

Beetle #2:Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

But it could not get past his armor.

Round 2
\/Next\/
Tauni
Aravashial
Ellena (-1 hp, -2 to attack)
Franti
Anarya
Anevia
Horgus
Karas
Beetles (#1:dead)(#3:dead)
Avelina (-1 hp, -2 to attack)

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

Avelina shrieked at the sudden spray of acid on her chest. Her face was more red from embarassment than anything as she desperately tried to close up the hole in her clothes.

"Don't look! I...I...will never forgive you if you do!"

Having attained a position that at least momentarily held her modesty in-check, she aimed the crossbow at the remaining beetle.

"Come out where I can shoot you, little demon beetle! You will pay for that." She spoke through her teeth, an overwhelming murderous intent in her eyes.

Move action to futily try to cover up, Standard action to ready attack for when/if a clear shot (ie no cover) appears

Readied Attack Roll and Damage:

Readied Attack (beetle spray, into melee): 1d20 + 1 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 1 - 2 - 4 = 14
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7
Crit Confirm (beetle spray, into melee): 1d20 + 1 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 1 - 2 - 4 = 14
Crit Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

DM:

Spoiler:
. Going to be out most of today. If a beetle is still standing, Ellena will move to engage it. Attack 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 - 2 = 17 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 if she hits. Thanks.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

i am going to be rather busy today, so do not wait for me to post if you have a chance to post. You are likely to squash the last bug so it is mostly up to Franti and Karas. The last bug has 11 hp, AC 16. Ellen's will hit, but she will have to risk an AOO to get into position. The acrobatics DC to avoid an AOO from the bug is 10 or 15 to move through its square. If you beat it down, melee is over and you can RP the aftermath. I will let you know what you find in the room.


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

Tauni loaded another bolt and bit her lip as she tried to aim a shot at the remaining beetle that would not hit any of her new friends.

To hit 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 2 - 4 = 16
Damage 1d8 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1

Alas, in her abundance of caution, the bolt barely grazes the beetle.


Goblin Jester of Ustalav, Franti the Fool | HP 31/31 | 0 Nonlethal | AC 18| 8 Smiles | Gear/Rolls | Theme Song (Battle) | 1/3 Terendelev Scale (Alter Self) | Party Loot

Franti took a quick hop, standing opposite of Karas from the beetle. The last bug hardly felt Franti's blows, but the fool was intent on proving himself. The fool waited for the bug to focus on Karas, and brought down his saps in unison, aiming for the softer parts of its carapace.

5ft step, Fullround Action to attack with secondary sap.
Flanking Sneak Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 2 = 21 for Damage: 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + (2) = 3, nonlethal
Flanking Sneak Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 3 + 2 = 22 for Damage: 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + (2) = 5, nonlethal

Franti smiled as both blows made contact. By the sound of the impact alone, the fool was sure this beetle felt his attack.


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Assuming it gets back to me or we decide to glaze through it.

Karas clawed at the beetle with continued ferocity as his body continued to change. The horns reappeared and bony ridges started to emerge from beneath the skin.

Claw Attack 1: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 2 = 17
Claw damage 1: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Claw Attack 2: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 2 = 15
Claw damage 2: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 88/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|5/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

Anarya will send another bullet whizzing through the air at the beetle at the wall, if it manages to survive the onslaught of her allies.

Attack: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (3) - 3 = 0
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Tauni's attack took an additional -4 penalty for cover (the presence of people in between her and he target), so that shot missed. Also, Ellena did not have to risk an AOO to attack).

Tauni loaded her crossbow again and fired but had to avoid Ellena and Karas, which caused her shot to go wide. Ellena moved closer to try to join the fray, cutting deep into the insect's body with her sword. Franti hit the creatures with his saps and stunned it, making it an easy target for Karas to finish off.

With the threat dealt with, the group explored the campsite, finding a torn bedroll, three candle stubs, a bent fishhook, ten feet of badly frayed hemp rope, and a copper broach depicting a bat perched on a mushroom. They also find one wax cell still with honey inside, which augments rations to add another day's rations for the group.

Behind the screen:
Anarya: Appraise: 1d20 ⇒ 2
Avelina: Appraise: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Ellena: Appraise: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17
Franti: Appraise: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Karas: Appraise: 1d20 ⇒ 9
Tauni: Appraise: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Anevia: Appraise: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Horgus: Appraise: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Horgus, Tauni, and others who give the broach an appraising eye agree that it would be worth around 200 gp.


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Ellena forged to collect any useful items the group could have a possible use for escaping this place. She made it a point to call out to the others what was collected.

She tried to ignore her burning skin, but combining that with the shame that the Lady Avelina was suffering the same fate, made it ten times worse. "I'm sorry, Avelina. I should have cut that bug down before it could spray you. It was all my fault," she glumly added, not looking up, expecting to see a look of disappointment and pain.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

The second the vicious bugs were slain, Avelina turned away and shifted the crossbow to the crook of her arm so she could frantically make a few ad hoc ties from the frayed strands of cloth to close-up the hole on the chest of her cassock.

She suddenly swiveled back around at Ellena's apology, still clutching a hand to help cover her chest. Avelina was surprised herself at how little suddenly she cared about her ruined outfit. Avelina waved a hand over herself, then threw it away dismissively.

"Oh, it's nothing, Darling. Why, I have at least a dozen of these back home. Really, it is no big deal at all."

Sense Motive DC 7:
Bluff: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 She actually had had this outfit specially tailored for today. There is not another one like it in the world.

"Besides, the reward of your concern is a far greater boon than undamaged vestments."

She gently pushed Ellena's face up until she was looking back at her. Avelina's face was full of warmth, both in its color and in her smile.

"My Champion."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Goblin Jester of Ustalav, Franti the Fool | HP 31/31 | 0 Nonlethal | AC 18| 8 Smiles | Gear/Rolls | Theme Song (Battle) | 1/3 Terendelev Scale (Alter Self) | Party Loot

Sense Motive: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6, I can work with this...

Franti jumped when the third beetle fell, dancing his way back to his comrades. The fool tugged on Karas' arm. "Did you see me, Silver?! We were like Crusaders! Heroes!" The fool contined his jaunt around the party, asking them all if they saw his strikes. He didn't wait for anyone to answer before moving to the next listener of his heroics.

"Ellena, I bet you've never seen finesse like that from a Crusader! Did you see them snipping at me? A hopeless endeavor!" The fool grinned, spinning himself in a whirlwind over to the next as he laughed.

He twirled to Avelina, stopping abruptly at her side. He spoke in whispers, putting on a high pitched voice, placing his hand to cover his mouth like he was spreading rumors. "Your champion? So you saw him? The new hero of Kenabres? The Fool-Knight Franti?" The jester tossed two twirling saps into the air. He checks the damage of Avelina's outfit, but quickly jerks his head to avoid staring. He catches his saps, placing them triumphantly in his belt. "A dozen just like it? I'll have to borrow one. Ellena can decide who wears it better." A smirk stretches across Franti's face, and it was unclear if he was joking.

The fool sauntered north, preparing his boast for Tauni. "Did you catch my heroics, little Rabbit? How does "Bug-bane" sound as a title? Do Crusaders have titles?" He thought it over for a moment, shrugged, and continued on his way.

The fool jigged over to Anarya, grabbing at the sunrod at his side and placing it upon his head, imitating her light. His lips were animated, over accentuating every curl of his lips, every flick of his tongue to ensure she caught his enthusiasm. "Perhaps I was born to be a Holy Knight? A virtuous peace keeper! Does the Inheritor take kindly to Pranks? Is it too late too switch sides? The fool takes his holy symbol from underneath his armor and robe. He gives the wooden symbol a kiss. "A joke, Pico, I am forever yours."

Franti let the holy symbol swing from his neck. "Oh," the fool exclaimed, "I'll have to write my letter now while the thoughts are fresh!" Franti opened his bag, removing a journal and a quill from beneath balls, masks and paint. The fool lied flat on his stomach, opening the journal. As the quill made its first stroke down, he froze. "But my Opaline fell for a fool, not a fighter! Can I tell her such a tale? Oh, the tragedy of love. Oh, how the jokester becomes the joke." Franti rose, putting away his journal. Another time, he thought. It was surely a day he wouldn't forget.


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

The red receded from Karas' vision in time to have the fool grab his arm. He managed a surprised smiled as he tried to catch his breath. The ridges, horns, and glowing eyes all receded as well.

I don't remember the last time I was actually excited for a fight. Too many years of bullys I suppose. He watched the fool bound from person to person expounding on his tale. Karas made sure not to stare at Avelina's modesty and had a good laugh at the antics ensuing.

When Ellena called out the supplies Karas replied. " May as well bring it all. Never know what might have a use so far underground."


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

"Honey? What a luxury, given the circumstances. Yes, everything may help us at some point."

When Franti started to settle down, Tauni replied "Bug-bane, indeed. However, let's see what's next. Maybe by the time we see the sun again, you'll have earned an even more glamorous title for yourself."

Tauni moved closer to the scene of the fight and picked up expended arrows and bolts. She returned usable bolts to her case, and passed the arrows back to Anevia so she could evaluate them for possible reuse.

She then reloaded her crossbow, shifted it to one hand and picked up her dropped sunrod. Finally, she gave a meaningful gaze to Ellena to let her know she was ready to continue when everyone else was.


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Ellena finally looked up, only at Avelina's request. She saw the spell caster trying to be brave.

Sense Motive 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

"You really have more outfits? That's good. Don't worry. I'll keep them off of you better, if we run into anything else down here.". The paladin smiled broadly as the Lady was clearly in better spirits, so Ellena gave her an all-too-pleased pat on the arm.

Yay for no Wisdom, lol!

She turned away, determined to keep her army moving forward. "Is everyone else okay? Those things had a mighty bite. Everyone did very well. You too, jester," Ellena admitted, despite herself. He's no holy knight!

Ellena even nodded at the demon spawn, acknowledging his contribution, although she wasn't quite ready to bring him into her trust yet.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

Haha! I love our party's sense motive skills.


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Just because I can lol
Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Karas knew the brave face the noble put on but couldn't bring himself to ruin her modesty. she obviously meant to not hurt Ellena's feelings so that was what counted.

Silver Crusade

AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

Avelina was first put-off by the Fool's prancing, assuming that his galavanting was an excuse to leer at her. Once it became clear he instead intended to steel her attention, she relaxed.

"'Fool-Knight' sounds like a lovely appelation. I highly approve."

Avelina smiled to herself as she stretched out her arms and legs in poses a classical model might.

"A contest between my ability to wear this outfit versus yours would indeed be quite humorous! As you can see, it was tailored to my measurements exactly."

Ellena Lovain wrote:

"You really have more outfits? That's good. Don't worry. I'll keep them off of you better, if we run into anything else down here.".

Avelina stopped her preening instantly, her eyes popping open huge and wide. Her face turns a brand new shade of red as her breath suddenly stops.

"Keep...my outfits...off of me better?!"

She said the words slowly, as if they were some foreign language and she needed break them down to make sense of them.

"Oh, Goddess! I don't know what to--that is...really quite forward. I would never--or would I? Of course not--or maybe? Oooooooh, don't take advantage of me while I'm all confused!"

She stopped her outburst finally and began fanning herself furiously, trying to avoid eye-contact.

Most fun I've had with an ambiguous antecedent :)


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

The knight looked at the Lady strangely. Whatever is she talking about? I've never known any real nobles before, but she doesn't even understand the Common talk.

Ellena, sort of flustered, turned to pick up her dropped torch and lead the group out of this chamber. "Uh yes, okay. Are we ready to proceed? Fool, tell us more about your exploits," she grunted, clearly trying to change the topic to anything and everything not involving the conversation with Avelina.

Silver Crusade

AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

Avelina completely agreed with the idea of switching the topic of conversation.

"Um...yes, certainly. Tell us more of that. Or anything at all!"

Silver Crusade

Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 88/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|5/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

Anarya was about to respond to Franti before the fool twirled away. She chuckled at his enthusiasm, watching him prance about the tiny cavern.

Lady Avelina is being very open about her relationship with Sir Ellena, Anarya thought, still under the assumption that Avelina and Ellena had known one another for years. I thought nobles tended to keep such things quiet. She busied herself with searching for her missed sling bullet among the stones on the cavern floor.

50% chance missed shots are destroyed. 1 is saved, 2 is destroyed.
1d2 ⇒ 1


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

These people. So strong and yet so fragile all the same. She saw the good in them. I will too. They may get over their prejudices with time. I'll be as patient as she was.

Karas rested his back against the stone wall and tried to clean the blood, gore, and bug carapace from his hands. He stayed fairly quiet as he watched the other go about their post battle routines with a smile.


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Once the group had prepared themselves to proceed, Ellena again led the tiny army to the east, walking on down the tunnel. The almost darkness kept her still red face from being noticed by the remainder of them.

Hoping to keep her tribe's spirits up, she again tried to get the others talking. "Gwerym, Mage, archer. Tell me more about you. where do you come from?"

Silver Crusade

AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

Avelina was a little more distant from Ellena as the party continued onward. She was somewhat confused by the recent by their recent exchange and was trying to hold herself in reserve until the Inheritor revealed the correct course of action.

She kept herself quiet, listening for the answers of her new companions and focusing on a new activity she had devised: finding stones for the sling she acquired. She hummed an Iomedaean hymn, checking each stone for weight, shape, and general aesthetics (after cleaning them off with Prestidigitation of course).


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Aristocrat 4

As Franti danced and Avelina went on about the battle, Horgus rolled his eyes and muttered, "Gods, you would think they took down the Storm King himself instead of squashing a couple of bugs."

Behind the screen:
Horgus: Bluff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Anarya: Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 15
Avelina: Sense Motive: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1
Ellena: Sense Motive: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4
Franti: Sense Motive: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18
Karas: Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Tauni: Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Anevia: Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Aravashnial: Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Anarya, Franti:
You notice that despite the man's attempt to appear blasé, he was genuinely spooked by the attack of the beetles and is still scared.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

The group gathered the useful items from the abandoned campsite. A nearby passageway revealed a small chamber where a backpack had apparently tumbled down during the collapse of the plaza. Karas climbed up to the ledge where it had come to rest and retrieved it. It turned out to be a masterwork backpack containing 10 days of rations, a flint and steel, a set of caltrops, two flasks of oil, a bundle of 12 arrows, and two potions. Aravashnial identified the potions as a Cure Light Wounds and a Lesser Restoration.

In another chamber, a bit of the ceiling had tumbled down, dislodging a couple of cave vipers, which were hard to spot in the debris. Ellena had almost stepped on one. Avelina was the first to spot the threat and drew her mace and injured one with a well placed blow. Franti did some damage as well before one of the snakes bit Ellena. Once Karas got into the fight, the snakes were quickly dispatched. Ellena was not injured by the venom and only suffered a minor wound (1 point).

After that, the path became less eventful, winding this way and that for a couple thousand feet, taking about 20 minutes to cover.

A little more to come before the next significant location is reached.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 88/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|5/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

Anarya was no stranger to fear, having seen it all too often in the healing tents on the faces of crusaders suffering from demonic wounds and plagues. She had held the hands of the dying and given them the strength to continue fighting for life. As the party walked, she moved to Horgus's side and engaged the man in conversation, seeking to ease his worries, recognizing how terrifying the entire day's experiences must have been for him - and noticing that, in all likelihood, no one else is particularly keen to chat with the prickly merchant.

"Master Gwerm, tell me about yourself. You seem to be one who knows much about Kenabres and I would love to hear your story. I've lived here all my life, but truth be told, I've seen little beyond the temple where I was raised and the camps of the crusaders where I traveled with the sisterhood to heal the wounded."

Anarya is trying to get to know the man a little better and put him at ease with the group, hopefully improving his sour attitude towards the party some. Much as she often does without realizing it, Anarya imbues herself with a guidance spell as she speaks.

Diplomacy (Guidance): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Aristocrat 4

Horgus seemed grateful for the attention. Anarya had trouble understanding all he said because it was difficult at times to walk side by side and he kept talking even when the oracle could not see his face to read his lips. She was able to fill the gaps without much trouble, however. "My family was well-established in Mendev and all was well until a band of babau demons attacked the manor, killed my family. I was just a boy then, but when I inherited the family's wealth, I pledged to use it to fight the incursion. It is a thankless job for the most part. The crusaders get all the glory, which is as it should be I suppose, but nobody realizes how hard it can be to invest wisely, to keep the corrupt from bleeding the wealth of the city for their own private gain. One time ..." and he went on for a while about some generally boring stories about how he avoided being swindled and embarrassed some other nobles who were squandering resources meant for the fight against the demons.

Behind the screen:

Bluff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Perception (non-sound): 1d20 ⇒ 17
Avelina: Perception: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (4) - 4 = 0
Ellena: Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12
Franti: Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Karas: Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Tauni: Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Horgus generally watched Anarya's shapely figure as she walked in front of him in the narrow sections of the tunnels, but no one noticed.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female human Rogue 3
Ellena wrote:
Hoping to keep her tribe's spirits up, she again tried to get the others talking. "Gwerym, Mage, archer. Tell me more about you. where do you come from?"

Neither Horgus nor Aravashnia were inclined to say much about themselves (other than what Horgus said to Anarya later), but Anevia said a little. "Not much to tell about myself, I'm afraid. I grew up in the streets of Nisroch, in Nidal, not a pleasant place for a child, I assure you. It was there I learned my survival skills. My mother was killed and I was adopted by a priestess of Desna. When I came of age, I traveled about trying to find things I could do to survive and earn some money. I was attacked in the River Kingdoms in an ambush, but a paladin saved me. We've been together since then. We've been in Kenabres where she was from. I serve in the Temple helping the sick and occasionally doing scouting for the crusaders associated with Iomedae."

Aravashnial added, "You left out the part about that paladin you are 'with' is the famous Irabeth Tirabade of the Eagle Watch, who exposed the treachery of Staunton Vhane."

Silver Crusade

AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

Avelina brightened so much at Anevia's story that the cavern itself appeared a little lighter. Within a moment, she was within a foot of Anevia, leaning in to hear more. She gave a few spritely staccato claps accompanied by I girlish squee.

"You were rescued by a lovely and honorable Lady Knight and then fell in love? How delightful! How wonderful! How glorious! I knew the romances were true!"

Avelina finally finished her exuberant outburst, settling on a smile her face could barely contain as she clasped her hands in joy.

"I must say, Darling, I am quite jealous! I mean, naturally I have the Favor of Iomedae, but you can't go dancing with the Inheritor...."


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Behind the screen:

Bluff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Anarya: Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Avelina: Sense Motive: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2
Ellena: Sense Motive: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (18) - 2 = 16
Franti: Sense Motive: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
Karas: Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 13
Tauni: Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Anarya, Ellena, Karas, Tauni:
As Avelina gushes, you noticed that Anevia's face shows the terrible strain of trying not to break into tears. The reason is not difficult to guess, as her lover would be in great danger, fighting the demon invasion.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Behind the screen:

Anarya: Knowledge (History), untrained: 1d20 ⇒ 16
Avelina: Knowledge (History), untrained: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Ellena: Knowledge (History), untrained: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14
Franti: Knowledge (History, untrained): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Karas: Knowledge (History), untrained: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Tauni: Knowledge (History), untrained: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Anarya:
You know about the story of how Staunton Vhane, who was thought to be a model crusader, was exposed by Irabeth, a half-orc paladin of Iomedae, to be a traitor and leader of the Templars of the Ivory Labyrinth, an undercover organization whose agents work to corrupt the crusade from within.

Franti:
When you were at a tavern the night before, you heard the story of how Staunton Vhane, who was thought to be a model crusader, was exposed by Irabeth, a half-orc paladin of Iomedae, to be a traitor and leader of the Templars of the Ivory Labyrinth, an undercover organization whose agents work to corrupt the crusade from within.

Avelina, Ellena, Tauni:
You have heard of a paladin of Iomedae, a half-orc female, who is a member of the Eagle Watch, one of the elite crusader orders.


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

Having seen the strain on Anevia's face, Tauni tried to change the topic. She cleared her throat and looked over to the bandaged elf next to her and asked "Master Aravashial, how long have you been at the Worldwound?"


Male Elf

"I came here two years ago, seeking knowledge of demons that I could use to fight a similar foe who has long tortured the land of my people. Toward that end, I have entered the Worldwound more than a dozen times, learning first hand the tactics of the enemy."

Behind the screen:

Anarya: Knowledge (History), untrained: 1d20 ⇒ 2
Avelina: Knowledge (History), untrained: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Ellena: Knowledge (History), untrained: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19
Franti: Knowledge (History, untrained): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Karas: Knowledge (History), untrained: 1d20 ⇒ 7
Tauni: Knowledge (History), untrained: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Avelina, Ellena:
You know enough Elven history to have heard of an evil despoiler of the Kyonin wilderness who has been around a lot longer than the Worldwound.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Behind the screen:
Bluff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Anarya: Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 18
Avelina: Sense Motive: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3
Ellena: Sense Motive: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (13) - 2 = 11
Franti: Sense Motive: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19
Karas: Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 12
Tauni: Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Anarya, Franti:
You sense a lot of frustration in Aravashnial's tone. He does not seem to be dealing well with being unable to contribute to a fight.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7
DM wrote:
Karas climbed up to the ledge where it had come to rest and retrieved it. It turned out to be a masterwork backpack containing 10 days of rations, a flint and steel, a set of caltrops, two flasks of oil, a bundle of 12 arrows, and two potions. Aravashnial identified the potions as a Cure Light Wounds and a Lesser Restoration.

@DM Sidenote: should I spend any round of rage for that viper fight?

Karas offered the pack to those around him. "It looks really well made. Good for distributing wait. If noone wants it I'll gladly take it. I don't mind carrying things."

After that was settled and they moved on through the tunnels, Karas couldn't help but smile as the gruff merchant revealed a supportive heart and also coughed to move the conversation away from Anevia. "Avelina, what brought you to Armasse this year?"


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Karas would use two rounds of rage, although he could have been as effective with conventional weapons. Your choice.


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

The longsword is fine with me.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Goblin Jester of Ustalav, Franti the Fool | HP 31/31 | 0 Nonlethal | AC 18| 8 Smiles | Gear/Rolls | Theme Song (Battle) | 1/3 Terendelev Scale (Alter Self) | Party Loot

Franti put on a smile as he approached Anevia. The Irabeth Tirabade? How could she worry for such a soul? He didn't attempt to cast aside the topic, but offer assurance. He spoke sing-songy, recalling tales from bars and inns of illustrious Irabeth Tirabade.

"What luck of those with Irabeth,
for she is quite the charm.
Irabeth, oh Irabeth,
Will save them all from harm.
Tirabade, oh Tirabade,
To demons gives only death.
She'll bring victory to this Crusade,
You needn't hold your breath.
"

Franti's voice returned to its normal tone. "There are few more likely to live tonight than your love. Let us worry about ourselves until we leave this place. Then we will find her, and you can save her this time." The fool smiles, patting the woman on the shoulder.

201 to 250 of 3,911 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Clebsch GM Wrath of the Righteous Adventure: Book 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.