Clebsch GM Wrath of the Righteous Adventure Path

Game Master Clebsch73

Six people hold recovering the Sword of Valor, if they can retake the fortress city of Drezen and strike into the Worldwound itself.

Party Loot

Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress


51 to 100 of 3,911 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

The crash of white against the Kite struck the smile from Karas' face.

The crowd began to surge and he looked to his companion with knowing concern. Her smile was gone as well and she returned his gaze with a determined look that told him all he needed to know. You know what to do.

She took off through the crowd toward the oncoming storm and quickly disappeared. Karas gave one last look to her direction and sprang into action trying to help those he could reach and pull up those who were in danger of being trampled pointing a silver claw toward what he hoped was safety. His screams of "Run!" were lost in the roar of battle but he was still an imposing figure just due to his blood.

Please listen. Please get to safety. Please let her be safe.

Silver Crusade

Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 88/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|5/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

The flash caught Anarya's eye first - a blinding light that outshone the sun itself for a mere moment, casting Lord Hulrun's shadow giant and ominous across the massive facade of St. Clydwell's Cathedral. She turned, shielding her eyes as she beheld the devastation that moments before had contained the Wardstone, the city's impregnable defense against the demons beyond. She saw the seething swarm of fiends, and she gasped. "NO!" It was too much - too sudden for thinking, too quick a shift for anything but feeling.

A light burst forth unbidden from her brow, a pure white nimbus that pushed forth against the roiling tide of darkness crashing down upon the city's rain-slicked streets. If nothing else, it was a landmark amidst the chaos, something to guide the fleeing masses in any direction but the one with the fangs, the claws, the lightning and the fire. As the crowd slammed into her, she grabbed the strong arm of the paladin before her and clung to her like a rock in storm-tossed seas.

Anarya had no thought of her own imminent death - she thought only of the immensity of the tragedy. No army could repel this force. No spell or prayer could turn back time and restore the shattered Kite. Every soul in Kenabres was doomed, and there was nothing a little healer could do to stop it.

Die Rolls:
Concentration Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

On the Table:

Strength DC 8
Anarya: Strength: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11
Avelina: Strength: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Ellena: Strength: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Franti: Strength: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Karas: Strength: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Tauni: Strength: 1d20 ⇒ 4

Dex DC 8
Anarya: Dexterity: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Avelina: Dexterity: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Ellena: Dexterity: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Franti: Dexterity: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Karas: Dexterity: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Tauni: Dexterity: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Non-lethal Damage
Avelina: Non-Lethal Damage: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2
Tauni: Non-Lethal Damage: 2d4 - 4 ⇒ (2, 3) - 4 = 1


A spoiler marked "on the table" indicates players may look at the rolls if they wish. These generally represent rolls on behalf of the players. If a spoiler is marked "behind the screen" these should not be looked at, at least not until well after the game play has moved on to new situations.

The surging crowd made it hard for the six to keep their feet. Tauni was knocked sideways by a panicked horse whose rider had been knocked off. Before she could recover her balance a strong gust of wind toppled her. She twisted her ankle trying to keep weight from falling on Cobblepaw. Avelina survived the brush with the horse but then lost her footing as Ellena and Anarya were knocked sideways when a surge in the crowd pushed a silver scaled tiefling into their midst. Anarya fell and received a nasty bruise where her forehead hit the ground.

Tauni receives 1 point of non-lethal damage and Avelina receives 2 non-lethal. Tauni's twisted ankle does not affect her movement, although it is painful to move at full speed.

Storyteller post incoming. Please hold posts until it has been made. Thanks.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

The initial panic caused by the apparent destruction of the wardstone subsided relatively quickly as the well-disciplined crusaders recovered and began to form improvised battle groups and direct civilians to get to cover. The standard bearers of the various organized factions of crusaders were already flying before the attack, part of the pageantry of the Armasse tradition. These surged toward the west and the crusaders drew weapons and began to advance as well. This gave the civilians incentive to put themselves anywhere but between the oncoming demons and the crusaders. The leaders who had witnessed the destruction of the Kite from the vantage point of the raised platform had quickly moved through the crowd seeking out their standard bearers and men and women at arms.

One question remained to be answered: was the wardstone destroyed and if so would demons now be able to teleport into the city? The question was definitively answered when an 14-foot tall balor demon appeared on the plaza in front of the Temple of Iomedae at the opposite end of the Old City from the cathedral. His red skin flickered with flames interspersed with electric tendrils. He wore a night-black breastplate and wielded a massive jagged longsword and a flaming whip. Veterans of the 4th Crusade recognized this demon as none other than Khorramzadeh, the Storm King, the same demon who damaged the Wardstone 20 years ago.

He stood still in the middle of the plaza, apparently concentrating on a spell, for there suddenly appeared above him and covering the western half of the Old City a dark cloud that immediately rumbled with such loud thunder that many under its shadow were deafened. At that same moment, demons began to teleport in, some erupting from tears in the earth itself. The Inner City became an instant battleground, but one with no clear lines of battle, only clusters of Crusaders battling hideous minions of the Abyss.

Yet in the midst of such a desperate fight, shouts of excitement, cheers, and praise to Iomedae rose from those in the Clydewell Plaza at the sight of a young woman with long blond hair and no weapons or armor transforming and growing into the protector of Kelabres, Terendelev, an ancient silver dragon. It filled the western end of the Clydewell Plaza, raising her head high to locate the Storm Lord and flaping her wings to prepare to take flight.

Caught between the silver dragon, two long fountains and the Cathedral were a knot of six thrown together by the circumstances. East of them, a cluster of three crusader allies battled a mallor demon, a dretch, and a human wearing crusader garb but an unholy symbol of Baphamet on his chest.

One more post coming. Please do not post until it has appeared. Sorry this is taking so long, but I've had to work around a few technical issues this morning.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

PCs are hemmed in by the silver dragon to the west of them, two fountains that run east-west, one to their north and one to their south, and a melee to the east just before the plaza opens up past the fountains, near the speaker's platform. A young woman or man wearing light armor and wielding a short sword fights alongside two human male fighters with longswords and medium armor. To their east and pressing them back toward the PCs are two demons and a human. One demon is medium sized with a deformed, horned, hunchbacked humanoid body, a ratlike tail and two thumbs on each taloned hand, lashing out with bites and claw attacks. The other demon is a dretch, a smaller bloated brute that is likewise attacking with claws and bites. Beside them is what appears to be a crusader with an unusual symbol on his chest, wielding a glaive. Behind the crusader allies are two more figures, one is a tall male elf with no armor and only a quarterstaff for a weapon, attempting to cast a spell. The other appears to be a non-combatant, middle-aged man, richly attired but with no weapons or armor. He is bellowing in fear, yelling and pointing to no apparent effect.

There is no room for any more melee attackers against the demons and their human ally, but any with ranged weapons may attempt a ranged attack (-10 for shooting into melee and cover and wind). A woman kneels on the ground between the fight and the PCs. She is trying to shelter two young children, all three crying hysterically. Another man lays face down near them, not moving.

Rain is lashing down, making visibility difficult beyond about 25 feet. The sound of gibbering from demons is somewhat equaled now by war horns sounding all around as the crusaders gather and mount more organized resistance. Then Terendelev appears and you hear a chorus of shouts of hope.

The PCs cannot yet see the Storm Lord at the other plaza, but they do hear an enormous clap of thunder that leaves their ears ringing. They did see the transformation of Terendelev as that happened near them.

Map of the Old City

Behind the Screen:

Anarya: Perception (non-sound): 1d20 ⇒ 8
Avelina: Perception: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (17) - 2 = 15
Ellena: Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11
Franti: Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Karas: Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Tauni: Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Anarya: Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Avelina: Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Ellena: Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Franti: Knowledge (Religion, untrained): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Karas: Knowledge (Religion), untrained: 1d20 ⇒ 5
Tauni: Knowledge (Religion), untrained: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Franti:
Franti happened to be watching the woman run to the west away from Karas just before the dragon rose up from about where she was.

Anarya, Ellena:
On the chest of the crusader fighting alongside the demons, you recognize the unholy symbol of Baphomet (pronounced BAPH-oh-meh), Lord of the Minotaurs. Religious lore suggests he rules over the Abyssal realm known as the Ivory Labyrinth. A favored consort of Lamashtu, he was created by her as the first minotaur to lead her creations in the mortal world.


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

She raised her head in defiance and engaged the enemy without fear. Of course he admired her so.

Karas fought against the surging crowd as he could. He noticed he was pushed near the grouping of holy people again. I guess sometimes the gods do provide, hopefully they listen. Now wasn't the time for grudges.

Karas looked to the amazonian crusader and pointed to the woman sheltering the children. Can't hear anything but maybe she will understand Then he reached out to pull one of the two women on the ground to their feet.


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

Tauni accepted Karas's hand, letting him pull her up. She was careful not put weight on one of her ankles as she came up. She nods her thanks to the strangely scaled man, surprised at the strength in his slight form. She considered readying her crossbow to help, but recognized that not even a champion could hit anything in these winds.

At the back of her satchel, a furry white head continued to protrude, Cobblepaw's icy blue eyes watched before Tauni to warn her of danger.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

Btw, GM, I forgot that Avelina should actually be at -4 perception. I fixed it now.

Avelina's pride immediately took a blow as she finds herself knocked into the mud and bruised. She made several disgusted noises as she stood herself up again.

She spied the nearby melee and saw an opportunity to assist, deciding instantly that she should disable the hunchbacked, rattailed demon.

"Demon! Tremble before the Word of the Inheritor!"

She began breathing in to perform an Ear-Piercing Scream...

Concentration: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

...but having never attempted to cast a spell in such violent circumstances, she is unable to keep her concentration as someone elbows her in the side, her deep breath turning to a gasp.

"For the Inheritor's Sake!"

She placed her hands on her hips and turned in the direction of the offending elbow.

"Watch where you're fighting!"

She paused, lifting up her hands as she realized she now has hand-shaped mud prints on her sides.

"Ugh! This is terrible."


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Baphomet! The blasphemous Minotaur lord, Ellena thought as she recognized the unholy symbol of that awful God. If she could only get to he or the demon, she would happily cut them all down. But, she couldn't. The crowd, and the firghting had her penned it.

Quick as a cat, she began moving toward the mother and children, sheathing her sword as she did so. Ellena knelt down, her shield at the ready. "Woman, get those kids and run out of here! I'll cover you while you get them out," she said, as she attempted to snap the woman to action.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Goblin Jester of Ustalav, Franti the Fool | HP 31/31 | 0 Nonlethal | AC 18| 8 Smiles | Gear/Rolls | Theme Song (Battle) | 1/3 Terendelev Scale (Alter Self) | Party Loot

Acrobatics To Move through Crowd: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Franti continued to snicker and laugh as he took in everything around him. That woman was... He gave up the thought at seeing the mother and children. A holy warrior joined them, putting away her sword. Franti took a deep breath, inhaling with a shiver, exhaling with a giggle. He took a step forward.

Will Save for Courage: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6

But Franti froze. The claws of the dretch brought back memories of fear and hopelessness. He recalled his experience in the Worldwound. The horrors he found. The chase. The smells. Why aren't you here this time? Franti thought, recalling the woman with the swinging symbol of Desna from years ago. He remembered her courage, her valor, her act in protecting the young fool. He took another step forward with a gathering nervous laughter.

Will Save for Courage: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11

His laughter gathered more and more with each step. It varied from small giggles to hushed snickering to boisterous guffaws. In his first steps he struggled to pass through the crowd. But then the fool didn't walk so much as he swayed. And soon the sways became a twirling dance of steps avoiding the shoves and pushes. From his belt he removed two pieces of thick leather, both wrapping over a thick stone of cold iron. He spun them by their cords as he made way to the paladin. He sniffled, but the sound was lost to the fighting and screams of the attack.

His dance brought him to Ellena. He took step beside her shield. He ceased spinning his saps, grabbing their leather handles and holding them reverse grip. He turns to the paladin, still chuckling endlessly, beaming her and the family a wide smile. He couldn't quite form words. While his eyes showed his despair, he forced a wink. If he lived, Opaline would receive a hell of a letter.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Ellena's stern words failed to rouse the woman into action. She rocked side to side hugging her sobbing children close and murmuring, "No, no, no, no, no, ...". Then a strange man danced over, laughing instead of crying. This made her stop and she looked at the swirling colors on the young man's face, puzzling out who and what he was.

When Franti smiled at her, something seemed to click and she swallowed hard, took each child firmly by the hand and stood. Franti noticed something silver swing forward from a cord on her neck as she stood and as she leaned forward to give him a quick kiss, he saw that it was the butterfly symbol of Desna. She pulled away, a purple smudge on her lips, turned and said something to Ellena, the sound of which was stolen from her lips by the howling wind.

She looked at the fight going on to one side and quailed, but then looked the other way and saw the massive rear haunches of the silver dragon and her courage congealed. She swept her two children up and began to carry them, one under each arm, into the fountain to wade toward the other side, the waters whipped into a frenzy by the driving rain.


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Ellena looked at the strange jester and smiled and nodded. "Good on you," she yelled, but there was no way he'd be able to hear her.

She looked around for her other two friends, wanting to be sure the other girls were okay. Ellena grabbed the jester by the arm and attempted to drag him back to the others. He might have looked strange with all that makeup and the weird laugh but he'd stepped up beside her and, if not for him. The woman and her babies might not have made it out of the square. Hes an ally. There won't be nearly enough of those today!


Goblin Jester of Ustalav, Franti the Fool | HP 31/31 | 0 Nonlethal | AC 18| 8 Smiles | Gear/Rolls | Theme Song (Battle) | 1/3 Terendelev Scale (Alter Self) | Party Loot

Franti stopped laughing, trying to form thoughts after the woman retreated with her children. It was his first kiss and his blush showed it. I'll omit that part of the story to Opaline, the fool figured. Before his thoughts went further, the paladin dragged Franti back. The jester was easily pulled: he had hardly the nerve or muscle to stand his ground any further. He returned the smile to Ellena. One hundred and eight, he counted. His fit of laughter returned, though weaker than before, a bit more controlled and tame.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

Avelina was angry.

She had planned her moment today. This moment was supposed to be hers, and her she was bruised and muddied standing in the middle of a massive melee with nobody singing--or at least humming--her praises. She would not be ignored.

Seeing that the woman had managed to get away with her children, Avelina decided it was time to see to her own defense.

She waved her hands over her body.

"Armor of Faith!"
That's what she calls Mage Armor

Concentration: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Avelina relaxes as she feels the force armor covers her. The Embrace of her Goddess was all she needed. That firm but yielding feel was a constant reminder that she was protected, that she was special.

Now adequately protected from attacking demons and errant elbows, Avelina snapped her fingers...

"Cleanliness of the Unblemished Soul!"
That's Prestidigitation

Concentration: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

...and became clean from head-to-toe in an instant. She briefly considered why she was able to not strike the demon but was able to protect and clean herself so easily. Clearly, she must have been supposed to armor and clean herself for battle first, as a show of her Faith in Honor of the Inheritor. It made perfect sense. It had to. Any other interpretation would suggest that maybe she had actually done something wrong.

She took to Ellena's side once more.

"Shall we banish some demons, Darling?"

She looked over at the Fool, who she had already forgotten from when she saw him breifly before.

"Who in the Inheritor's name is that."

Yeah, I know it's hard to be heard right now. It wouldnt stop her from trying to talk.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 88/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|5/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

Anarya marvels at the magnificent transformation of the long-haired woman. Terendelev! Perhaps there is hope after all. At least we can save those before us, she thought, banishing the momentary doubts that surfaced in the shock of the sudden attack. She might not be a warrior, but a healer knew her duty. Spotting the unconscious form of a man through the surge of the panicked crowd, Anarya pushed forward past fleeing citizens and knelt by the man, examining him for injuries and hoping for signs of life.

If he is injured, she will attempt to heal him with cure light wounds.
Concentration: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

The light from Anarya's halo seemed, for a moment, to flow down her arm, coalescing into a soft glow about her palm. She reached down, laying her hand gingerly upon the man's largest wound. His injuries began to close for the barest moment, before a frenzied horse, its rider missing, galloped through the crowd and startled the healer, nearly trampling the young woman as she knelt by her patient. Unused to the chaos of battle, her concentration was broken, and the healing magic faded.

"Arazni take it!" Anarya swore suddenly, the expletive slipping out in her concern for her patient. "Be healed, damn you!" she said, the healing light surging forth like a torrent, rather than the gentle flow to which she was accustomed. In a flash, the man's largest injuries simply vanished.

Concentration: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 Just barely!
Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 Nine points healed.

If the man is not injured... well, I suppose none of that happened and I'll retcon.

In a momentary lull, Anarya thought about the sacrilegious language which had slipped out in the heat of the moment. She blushed at the thought of one of the others overhearing, unaware of the sheer level of chaotic noise around her which made a nearly-whispered expletive inaudible. There is one who undoubtedly heard, though, she reasoned, vowing to ask the Inheritor's forgiveness in prayer when danger no longer threatened innocents around her.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

The man Aranya knelt beside had been badly cut across his back with a cutting weapon. Glancing at the human fighting next to the demons she saw he was wielding a glaive, a heavy blade at the end of a long pole.

Healing soldiers in the calm of a hospital tent was a far cry from trying the same thing in the driving rain with horses, riderless and wild with fright, leaping through the crowd. Nevertheless, after one failed try, she shepherded healing magic into his back, partially healing the wound from a deep gash oozing blood to a long red tear in his skin.

The man coughed out some blood and slowly rolled and stood. His cold iron longsword was where he had dropped it when he had been struck from behind. He picked it up but turned to Anarya and said, "Thank you." Anarya understood perfectly despite the roaring wind, for she heard not a sound of the fury breaking around them but could see his lips clearly. He gazed for a moment at her glowing face, reached as if to touch it, but then turned to watch the fight to the east for a moment.

The man glared at the traitor with the glaive, uttered an oath, and went into the fountain to work his way behind the fight still occupying the space between the fountains.

And so the paladin, the silver tiefling, the niece of the the Queen, the wizard and her white rabbit familiar, the fool, and the light crowned healer found themselves almost back to back surrounded by the furious battle amid the driving thunderstorm. They were about to witness a the titanic battle between Terendelev and the Storm Lord.


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Out of the side of her eye, Ellena glimpsed the halo glowing atop the cleric's head. She'd never seen anything like that in the battles she'd been involved in! Perhaps that one could fit in good with the Everbright Crusaders! I'll have to put in a good word for her to the higher ups.

Despite the strangeness of the halo, there was other things to worry about. As she turned to protect the group's flank, she kept the brave fool at her side, along with the Queen's niece. The poor girl needed protecting, no doubt. Nobles weren't warriors...they ate fancy foods, and lived in comfort, nothing like this.


Terendelev raised her noble head and sent arcane celestial words into the teeth of the wind. Instantly the wind died down, the rain stopped, and the clouds overhead cleared. For 80 feet in all directions, sunlight streamed in from above. Crusaders cheered and gained hope and courage from the power they took to be Iomedae's sign that she was watching over them still. Many of the demons quailed at the sunlight and retreated for the cover of the storm, still raging beyond this region of magical calm.

The respite was short-lived, however, as the Storm King, Khorramzadeh flew toward the ancient silver dragon to do battle. He had cast magic on himself that made him twice his normal size, at least 30 feet tall, with massive bat wings carrying him three times as fast as a man can normally move. When he saw the sunlight and the crusaders scurrying from the storm to take refuge in the light, he laughed a horrible cackle and cast his own spells as Terendelev took to the air to battle him above the fray to protect the humans from being damaged in the fight. Image of the Storm King

The Storm King's spell caused the ground where the sunlight was shining to tremble, rumble, and then to split into dozens of rifts. From many of the rifts, powerful demons appeared and began to attack those who had been knocked to the ground by the earthquake.

Directly in front of Khorramzadeh appeared an eight-foot tall demon with the head of a hairless wolf, horns, huge bat wings, and a two-handed scimitar with a jagged edge. This was a Gallu demon, sometimes called a warmonger demon. As soon as it appeared, it started casting spells to cause fear and confusion around those crusaders who approached it to bravely attack. Image of Gallu Demon

Terendelev flew at the two demons, breathing a huge cone of intensely cold air. Khorramzadeh cracked his horrible whip of fire and flew directly at the gargantuan silver dragon, apparently little harmed by the dragon's icy breath, while the gallu simply waded into the region of quaking earth. Each step caused new rifts to appear nearby.

PCs please do not post until the last of a series of posts from the GM go up. Thanks.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Dice on the Table:
Reflex to avoid falling when earthquakes start: DC 15
Anarya: Reflex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Avelina: Reflex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Ellena: Reflex: 1d20 ⇒ 7
Franti: Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Karas: Reflex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Tauni: Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Dice behind the screen:

Anevia: Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Aravashnial: Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Horgus: Reflex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Crusader (Cleric): Reflex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Crusader (Paladin): Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Abrikandilu Demon: Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Dretch Demon: Reflex: 1d20 ⇒ 16
Cultist: Reflex: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19

When the earthquakes begin, all the PCs except Anevia fall prone. The well-dressed nobleman staggers toward her calling out, "You there, with the halo, protect me!" The tall elf spellcaster also fell as did the lightly armored crusader with the short sword. The demons, the cultist of Baphomet, and the well-armored crusaders keep their feet and continue their furious battle.

Above them, the PCs can witness the awesome battle between Terendelev and the Storm Lord. The wind has ceased and the sounds of the storm are muted, but once the earthquake begins, the cries of the crusaders and bystanders rises again and the rumbles make it difficult to be heard.

Before anyone can stand up, the ground shakes again.
See next post for what happens next. Do not post before that.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Terendelev and Khorramzadeh crashed together above the plaza with fury that matched that of the storm. The dragon bit at the demon, buffeted him with her enormous wings, scratched with her claws, and lashed him with her tail, while the Storm Lord swung his sword and whip with blinding speed and skill. Terendelev drew first blood with a ferocious bite, but she was no match for the demon. For every wound she caused, she was struck with three from the terrible weapons of the demon lord. Still she battled on.

Suddenly, from below, the ground gave a sickening rumble and a large section of the plaza began to drop away into a cavern that was just below the city. Seeing that a dozen crusaders and bystanders were about to fall to their death, Terendelev drew back from Khorramzadeh and cast a spell that granted the magic of Feather Fall on those who had begun to fall.

Each of those affected began to drift downward, like dandelion seeds in a spring breeze, but what they could see above them froze their blood. The dragon's selfless deed had given Khorramzadeh an opening, which he exploited with a merciless laugh. His flaming whip wrapped around the dragon's neck and cut so deeply, her spine was severed and her head nearly removed. The light quickly faded from her benevolent eyes and the whip wrapped around her neck. The Storm Lord pulled the limp body of the dragon to the side to collect her corpse as a trophy of battle.

The crusaders drifted into darkness, the sounds of battle drowned out by the crash of boulders and showers of earth which fell around them.

One more post to come. Do not post yet.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

The PCs and several others affected by the dragon's Feather Fall spell drift downward, but the fall is hardly peaceful. A few of the NPCs are hit by falling boulders and dirt cascades down, filling the air with choking dust and enveloping all in darkness.

Behind the Screen:

Non-lethal damage from falling debris
Anarya: Non-lethal damage: 1d6 - 1d4 ⇒ (1) - (4) = -3
Avelina: Non-lethal damage: 1d6 - 1d4 ⇒ (4) - (1) = 3
Ellena: Non-lethal damage: 1d6 - 1d4 ⇒ (1) - (3) = -2
Franti: Non-lethal damage: 1d6 - 1d4 ⇒ (5) - (4) = 1
Karas: Non-lethal damage: 1d6 - 1d4 ⇒ (3) - (2) = 1
Tauni: Non-lethal damage: 1d6 - 1d4 ⇒ (2) - (1) = 1
Anevia: Non-lethal damage: 1d6 - 1d4 ⇒ (4) - (4) = 0
Aravashnial: Non-lethal damage: 1d6 - 1d4 ⇒ (6) - (3) = 3
Horgus: Non-lethal damage: 1d6 - 1d4 ⇒ (5) - (2) = 3

Finally, all six PCs feel the ground under them and the effect of the spell ends. No one has suffered any lethal wounds, but Franti, Karas, and Tauni all take 1 point of non-lethal damage, while Avelina takes another 3 points of non-lethal damage each.

PCs are in pitch darkness with gradually settling dust making breathing difficult for a bit. Even Karas, with darkvision, cannot see very far until the dust settles. Anarya's halo provides the only light, casting dim light in a ten foot radius. Those beyond that range can still see the glow. Faint light can be seen far above, but everyone is evidently far below Kenabres, for the sounds of battle can no longer be heard.

Avelina and Ellena:

Ellena managed to grab hold of Avelina as the ground gave way and the two fell together, landing near a wall with many boulders littering the ground around them. There are two other survivors within reach. One speaks (see main post below) while the other just groans in pain. A third voice calls out for help nearby.

Tauni:

You and Cobblepaw lay amid large boulders and rubble. You hear a voice asking for help next to you. Feeling you discover a person with her leg pinned beneath a boulder.

Karas:

You can see Franti and Tauni close by, with another person with her leg pinned under a boulder (next to Tauni). Several others are near a wall and a pile of boulders beyond them, although until you move closer you won't be able to tell much about them, due to the dust. You can see light further north, but the dust does not allow you to see where the light is coming from. Near Franti is a large (5') object that appears to be a giant spider, but it's not moving. You can also see a few bodies, badly mangled by the fall and evidently dead. These are not marked on the map.

Karas grabbed Franti as the collapse began and held onto him until you both landed.

Anarya:

Your halo gives you the best view of things. You don't see any one else but you begin to hear sounds nearby.

Franti:

Karas grabbed you as you started to fall and held on until you reached the cavern floor. You can't see anything except the glow of something north of you.

Map link in the Clebsch GM header and another will be placed so it can be seen at the top of the gameplay page. Map shows the extent of Aranya's halo of light which all characters can see, but it only provides illumination of the area around her. Karas can see to the limit of darkvision, but at first that is limited by dust in the air to about 30'. Regions are dark for all other characters. Characters who feel around them can discover others who are near them.

From the darkness a voice rings out, "Somebody light a torch and help me up!" It sounds like a middle-aged man. Near him, another groans in pain, and a third calls out "Can anybody hear me? A boulder is crushing my leg!" This voice could be either male or female. When you get around to trying to help her, it will take a DC 20 Strength check to move the boulder.

Silver Crusade

Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 88/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|5/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

Anarya stood, peering into the darkness, unable to see anyone else within the circle of her light. She looked about, keeping a hand on the stone wall beside her as she attempted to muster the concentration to strengthen the halo's brightness despite the horrific images she had just witnessed.

She called out, facing away from the chamber wall. "Hello? I... cannot see anyone." She fervently hoped there was still someone to hear her.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Behind the screen:

Perception (non-sound): 1d20 ⇒ 12

Anarya:
Anarya notices a shadowy form that may be a body about 15 feet south.


Goblin Jester of Ustalav, Franti the Fool | HP 31/31 | 0 Nonlethal | AC 18| 8 Smiles | Gear/Rolls | Theme Song (Battle) | 1/3 Terendelev Scale (Alter Self) | Party Loot

Franti wasn't sure what he saw. It all happened too quickly. The ground quaking, cracking beneath him. The slow descent as he watched the neck of the silver dragon jerk lifelessly. Someone grabbed him. He looked to the man holding him, and to his surprise it was hardly a man at all. He shuddered for a second at the sight of the dimly lit demon grasping him. But Franti felt no claws in his side, no blade piercing him. A play of the light, the fool thought. Franti landed on his feet, touching the floor lightly. He could see seldom anything.

The jester patted the man beside him, touching his clothes and feeling his hair. Man or woman? Franti takes an uneasy step, testing the ground at his feet. He searched for his voice, finding it shrill and dripping with fear. "Wh-where are we?"

He saw a faint glow, but didn't dare step forward. He touched the man nearby, giving a tug to his clothing. Franti found security in another life, and refused to let go.


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Ellena landed much softer than would be expected of someone her size in heavy armor. It took her a few seconds to realize what exactly had happened. She was watching the battle, and all of a sudden, the earth opened up beneath her feet. The knight was glad Avelina was there beside her...she found that fact comforting in some strange way. "Are you okay, Avelina?"

As soon as she gets the question out, she heard the voices. She moved to the one that could only groan in pain, and extends a helping hand. "I need some light! There are hurt people over here!"

Asking for light spurred her memory of seeing the angelic glow come from the healer just seconds earlier. "Avanka, if you can hear me, I need you. I can't see a damned thing down here.". Ellena wasn't sure if the healer was a angelic being, a gift sent from Iomedae, or what, but her strange halo effect was sure useful in their current circumstances!


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

Tauni pushed herself up on her elbows in the darkness. Have reached out with her arcane senses, she knew that Cobblepaw was nearby and alive. The voices and sounds nearby confirmed she wasn't alone. If any demons came down with them, they would be at a complete disadvantage since the demons could see them, but they couldn't see their foe.

"Hang on, everyone."

Tauni pulled a sunrod from her pouch and struck it on the ground, causing it to flare to light and illuminate the area.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Somehow I goofed on Anarya's name last post! My bad.

Silver Crusade

AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

Avelina roused from the sudden quake lying on something metallic and smooth. She jumped into a sitting position as she hears Ellena's voice coming from underneath the metal plate. Were the light sufficient to see properly at that moment, anyone could have told that Avelina's face was bright red. The implacably talkative girl found herself without words. So used to needing to force the square peg of every event into the round hole of her worldview, Avelina had no idea what to do when a round peg fell in her lap (or vice-versa, as the case may be). Also, as with most that profess immense and irrepressible self-confidence, Avelina secretly held doubts deep in her subconscious.

"Oh, th-th-thank you." Avelina opened and then closed her mouth several more times, but brief utterance was the most she could manage to get out.

As Ellena got up, Avelina finally managed to catch up to the current scene. There would be time for reverie later when battle has ended. She grinned wide as she heard Her Champion--as she had now decided to call Ellena--call out for assistance in saving someone. Avelina expected no less.

"Do not worry, My Champion! The Light of the Inheritor is always with us!"

Avelina jumped up, not even noticing her bruises anymore.

"Torch of Justice!"
That's the Light cantrip

She snapped her finger, a heatless light appearing on its tip, as though she had struck a match. She then drew her longsword and tapped it with her finger, the light moving from tip-to-tip effortlessly.


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas' eye grew wide when the head of his mentor and guardian was severed but it was not until thy touched the ground that he could muster words and noise.

He looked to the fool that he held onto all the way down before looking back up. He could not answer the mans words and was only able to sob.

He fell to his knees and began to shout and sob, "NO! NO! NO! NO! You can't die! I refuse to believe it! It can't be!"

He fell forward onto his hands and began to pound the ground with silver fists. "It's not right damnit! It isn't right!"

He continued until his knuckles were bloody. Inflicting one point of nonlethal damage on myself


Goblin Jester of Ustalav, Franti the Fool | HP 31/31 | 0 Nonlethal | AC 18| 8 Smiles | Gear/Rolls | Theme Song (Battle) | 1/3 Terendelev Scale (Alter Self) | Party Loot

Franti took a step back from Karas, removing the hand on Karas' clothing. The fool placed his bag onto the ground, searching with his hands to find some sort of light. His hand touched a torch, but he could not find flint in the darkness. He felt the thin branches of his tindertwigs but feared setting fire to his bag. He made out the shape of a thin, cold rod.

A second light appeared. A third. Franti became nervous at the growing lights. He struck the iron pole to the ground, shining a fourth into the darkness.

Franti held the sunrod in his hand, waving the tip cautiously. He walked to Karas and looked at the man's silver skin and hair. Franti makes no mention of it, friends are needed in times like these. The fool didn't smile. "We need to go. Someone is hurt." He tugged once more at the tiefling, this time grabbing his hand, his scaled skin. Franti ignored the blood.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

When Franti took his hand, the tiefling's arm was limp and the sobbing slowly stopped. He slowly looked up at the now lit fool but he didn't seem to see him. More that he looked past him to some point in the void.

He managed a hoarse whisper. "O-ok." he responded hollowly, "She wouldn't want me to let others suffer. P-please *Sniff* show me who to help first." he stood slowly and allowed Franti to lead him.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

With four torches/sunrods/light spells/halos, all PCs can see the region visible on the map. A half-transparent section indicates dim light, so long as the PCs are concentrated at the far west of the map.

I will be pretty busy for the next 8 hours, so here are a few spoilers to look under as characters begin to explore. For future reference, when dealing with map direction, I will refer to the north, south, east, and west directions as they traditionally are oriented on maps: up, down, right, and left, respectively. These do not necessarily conform to the larger geography. Some maps may have a compass rose for reference to such things. For now, there is nothing to indicate where anything is relative to locations you know in the city, except that you are generally below the Old City section.

Injured elf just south of Avelina:

This man has received a gash across the face from a falling rock that has rendered him blind. He identifies himself as Aravashnial. He is the elf who was trying to cast a spell near the melee with the demons.

Heal DC 10 on Elf:
His wounds are mostly superficial, except for the damage to his eyes, which will take Remove Blindness/Deafness spell to restore his sight.

Woman under the boulder:
This woman is the lightly armored fighter who was fighting with the crusaders against the demons just before the ground collapsed. It will take a Strength roll, DC 20, to remove the boulder. Up to 3 people can assist. For situations such as this everyone who wants to help can roll a strength roll and the best result will be the main roll with others considered assists. She gives her name as Anevia.

Heal DC 10 on woman with injured leg:

The woman's leg is broken. It will take a DC 15 heal check to provide a splint that will allow her to walk at 15 feet speed. She has 5 points of damage due to the broken leg. Healing these points will not restore her leg to wholeness, however. That will take higher level magic or better medical treatment than is possible here.

Some other bodies lie mostly beneath rubble, people who fell before Terendelev's spell. Even casual inspection of any of these reveals the person is dead. The only obvious survivors are the PCs and the NPCs marked on the map.

The light reveals the body of a large spider, about 5 feet across, but it looks as if it has been dead for some time. No rocks fell directly on it however.


Male Human Aristocrat 4

From the far corner of the cavern, next to Ellena and Avelina, a man's voice rang out after the area was lit. It was the voice of man used to giving orders and having them obeyed. "You! Warrior woman! Help me up." The man appeared middle-aged and his fine clothing was now dirty and torn in places, but the man himself did not appear injured. He had no weapons or armor.

Knowledge (Local), DC 12, to know this man:
You recognize this man as Horgus Gwerm, a wealthy resident of Kenabres.


Goblin Jester of Ustalav, Franti the Fool | HP 31/31 | 0 Nonlethal | AC 18| 8 Smiles | Gear/Rolls | Theme Song (Battle) | 1/3 Terendelev Scale (Alter Self) | Party Loot

Franti took the lead, dragging the tiefling towards the cry of the woman. He found her pinned underneath a boulder. "She needs our help. I'll give some leverage, you give it a push." As the voices call out, Franti calms a bit. Human voices, not a single snarl. Falling down here may have saved our lives...

Franti drops the sunrod to the ground. He gives the woman one of his saps, placing its grip between her teeth. "Bite down, this'll hurt." Franti tries to shift the weight of the boulder, attempting to not injure the woman more than she already has been.

Strength Aid: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4 , damnit.


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Ellena ignored the command of the nobleman. She headed to the woman trapped under the stones, without a word to him. "Fool, who is that you've brought with you?! Demonspawn? Is he behind all of this? Are you," she asked, her world spinning out of control on its axis. She again tried to Detect Evil on the pair, not sure what to expect. She thought she could trust the Jester, but had to be sure.

Assuming she didn't find any evil, she moved to the lady pinned under the rock, as she shook her head. Maybe I was hit harder than I thought! "We have to get you out of here," she grumbled as she grabbed a piece of the stone, and tried to maneuver it so the others could pull the woman to safety.

Strength check 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas moved in a daze and at Franti's suggestion looked to the crusader trapped under the rock. He flash memories of the battle above and again Terendelev's head nearly leaving her body. He paid no attention to the crusader shouting at him.

He placed his clawed hands on the rock and summoned up some of the anger she taught him to use. This is at least something I can do for now. I will have vengeance. His eyes flashed with a slight white glow as he gritted his teeth and focused his anger into moving the boulder.

Spending one round of bloodrage to try and move the boulder
strength: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

Knowledge (local) on a human: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Avelina noted Ellena's proper response to the merchant's demand. Avelina had no patience for those motivated by profits, and she certainly did not think them worthy of special attention. As far as Avelina was concerned, you could not put a price on protecting the world from demonkind, and she had seen such "money people" attempt to do so on numerous occasions.

If with that Knowledge (local check Avelina knows that Horgus is known as a particularly scrupulous merchant, one that is a supporter and patron of the crusades, she might be more kind to him.

"Wait your turn! You are not even injured."

Avelina spoke with the voice of a woman who was used to obeying no one's orders.

Seeing little else to do, Avelina attempted to help move the boulder.

Strength Check: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6

Despite being of at least average strength, the girl had clearly never attempted such an exertion before, and she huffed and puffed to no avail.


Goblin Jester of Ustalav, Franti the Fool | HP 31/31 | 0 Nonlethal | AC 18| 8 Smiles | Gear/Rolls | Theme Song (Battle) | 1/3 Terendelev Scale (Alter Self) | Party Loot

Franti gave up trying to move the boulder. What strength he has is of no use here. He seemed irked by the paladin's remark. He almost went to his bag, almost placed a demon's mask upon his head, almost asked if looking like a demon made him evil as well. But given the circumstances, the fool did not take out his mask. He lets the paladin watch him for a few seconds, nervously scratching his side. He looks to Karas, remembering how the man grabbed him during their fall. Franti thought it kind to return the favor. "He is a trusted friend, noble as you or I."
Bluff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Franti bent over, picking up his sunrod once more. He rose with light in hand, shining it over the fourth to help move the boulder. He hadn't spied her before, he would have remembered. Her wavy, golden hair was beautiful in the warm light of the sunrod. She had a light of her own, and she gave the boulder a failed push. For a moment he was captivated, though the fool recovered as he turned away.

Franti gave a glance to the pinned woman. The thought of amputation crossed his mind, and he recoiled with a shudder. Franti began to walk away from the boulder. He searched the debris for anything that could be used as leverage to make moving the rock easier.


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas' eyes glowed brighter as he redoubled his effort. Too many lost today. We will not allow another. His muscles bulged and his teeth gritted, he pushed.

Spend another round of rage
Strength: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Ellena decided she wasn't going to let the demon outshine her in front of the group. she tugged mightily, doing her best to free the trapped woman. "Inheritor, please grant me strength to save this woman!"

Strength check 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Unfortunately, she was found wanting, and the boulder didn't budge at all. The paladin threw her head back, screamed in frustration, and kicked out at the closest rock.

Silver Crusade

AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

@GM Can Avelina use Ray of Frost to try to weaken the boulder? Perhaps aim it in cracks to cause ice to build up and push it apart? I realize it probably wouldn't be enough to break the woman out of the boulder on its own, but maybe it could work like an assist, or perhaps to lower the DC? It seems to me like she would rather use her magic somehow, and it would probably be more helpful than just rolling strength checks.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

On the Table:
Anarya: Knowledge (Engineering), untrained: 1d20 ⇒ 9
Avelina: Knowledge (Engineering), untrained: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Ellena: Knowledge (Engineering), untrained: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
Franti: Knowledge (Engineering, untrained): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Karas: Knowledge (Engineering), untrained: 1d20 ⇒ 16
Tauni: Knowledge (Engineering): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Anarya: Perception (non-sound): 1d20 ⇒ 17
Avelina: Perception: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (19) - 2 = 17
Ellena: Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14
Franti: Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Karas: Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Tauni: Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Anevia took her plight stoically. Franti remembered that the elf had a quarterstaff. Before he could locate it, however, Tauni spotted it and realized that it could be used as a lever to lift the rock enough that Anevia could get out from under it. Karas pointed out a particularly well placed rock that could serve as a fulcrum and with several people assisting, the boulder was lifted enough that Anevia could pull her leg out from under the rock. She turned white at the sight of her mangled calf.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

"I think you're pushing on it wrong. If we push from this side at an angle like this..."

Aid Another Strength check 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11

Edit: Ninja'ed by the GM!

DC 12 knowledge (local) check 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

"Master Gwerm! Thank Abadar that you survived the assault and fall!"


Female human Rogue 3

"Thank you. I'll be all right for now. If anyone else needs healing, attend to them first." Anevia made herself as comfortable as she could, looking around to see if she knew anyone else. Seeing the elf, she said, "Aravashnial is injured!" It was hard to tell with her face and hair disheveled by the fall, but she appeared to be in her late twenties, with short dark hair, and intelligent brown eyes.

Silver Crusade

Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 88/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|5/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

Anarya rushed over to the others in relief when their light appeared in the darkness. As if responding to the welcome sight, her own halo nearly tripled in brightness, matching the magical illumination shining from Avelina's spell. She gave the spider a wide berth as she rejoined the group to attempt to shift the rock with the frightening-looking tiefling.

Strength (Aid Another): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2 Yikes. I don't think so.

Seeing that she would be of little help moving the boulder, she quickly assessed the scene with the eye of a caregiver accustomed to performing triage a crowded healer's tent.

Heal (Aravashnial): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Heal (Anevia): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Heal (Horgus): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 (If necessary.)

She quickly moved to Anevia's side, and knelt by her. "Anevia, is it? Your leg is badly hurt, but my magic can help. Please hold still." Hovering her hand gingerly over the injury, she again sent a pulse of light down through her fingertips, mending flesh and skin with a touch.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 I am on a roll with these CLWs!

"That should help with the pain. Mending the bone will require more powerful magic than mine, but you should be able to walk with a splint. How do you feel?" Anarya glances meaningfully in Ellena's direction at the word "splint," but keeps her attention on her patient, striving to keep her calm.


Male Elf

The elf sat up, feeling his head and wiping blood and grit from his eyes and mouth. "Dammit will no one bring some light to bear? Why are you fumbling about in the dark? I would provide some but I did not expect to be dropped down into the Abyss before noon!" He fished out a handkerchief from his robe and dabbed at this bloody face.


Male Human Aristocrat 4

Horgus looked at the elf with surprise. "There's plenty of light. Are you blind?" The way he asked the question did not suggest he fully realized that Aravashnial was in fact blind, or if he did, he demonstrated no sympathy for him.


Female human Rogue 3

Anevia's grimace relaxed as Anarya's warm divine energy healed what could be healed. "Thank you. That's much better. A splint would be good if you can manage it... and perhaps something that could serve as a staff to help me limp along. We should not stay here too long...." Her gaze fixed on the spider's corpse and she shuddered slightly. "Can you help Aravashial?"

Silver Crusade

Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 88/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|5/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

"I am afraid that there is light aplenty, sir." Anarya doesn't even bother attempting to pronounce the complicated name she could barely see his lips form, resting a gentle hand on his shoulder. "Your eyes are badly injured, and it might be some time before you can see again. I am a healer, and I can bandage your wounds. Let me help you."

As she prepared a bandage torn from the hem of her robe, she inhaled deeply, gathering the light from her halo within her for a moment. As she exhaled, the light rippled forth, washing away the small scrapes and bruises upon the assembled survivors like a gentle breeze.

Channel Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 6 On. A. Roll. That should handle any of the nonlethal damage we're still suffering, and clear up any superficial injuries Aravashnial might have. Of course, now I regret wasting a Cure Light Wounds earlier... but Anarya doesn't.

With the elf tended to, Anarya (possibly with the help of one of the others) prepared a splint for Anevia's leg using some of the debris from around where the group had fallen.

Heal (Splint): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

Tauni stayed close to the main group. In the chaos following the fall, the wizard was uncertain as to how to help. As Anarya went about tending to the wounded, Tauni stood nearby, using minor magic (prestidigitation) to help clean away the sites of wounds. She helps piece together the splint under the young woman's guidance.

Then Tauni looked up, trying to see if the way they came was open for them to try and climb out. When she couldn't see the ceiling, she used a minor spell to lift her sunrod another ten feet higher to extend the light. (Prestidigitation to float the sunrod higher).

51 to 100 of 3,911 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Clebsch GM Wrath of the Righteous Adventure: Book 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.