Clebsch GM Wrath of the Righteous Adventure Path

Game Master Clebsch73

Six people hold recovering the Sword of Valor, if they can retake the fortress city of Drezen and strike into the Worldwound itself.

Party Loot

Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress


251 to 300 of 3,911 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3
Karas Argentus wrote:
After that was settled and they moved on through the tunnels, Karas couldn't help but smile as the gruff merchant revealed a supportive heart and also coughed to move the conversation away from Anevia. "Avelina, what brought you to Armasse this year?"

Avelina, never one to miss a chance to speak on one of her favorite subjects, moved to Karas.

"Oh, how thoughtful of you to ask, Darling! Karas, wasn't it?"

She walked alongside him, though far enough away that she left his personal space unmolested. Her arms were akimbo and her posture perfect.

"You see, I have spent the last several years staying in Nerosyan with Auntie. While I was there, I discovered that The Inheritor granted me the Boon of Her Magic! I have spent several years away from the public eye, training myself in secret, as all training should be done. I just had my eighteenth birthday recently, and I decided that the festival today would be a wonderful opportunity to make my debut. Kenabres of all cities made the most sense."

Her high, light smile faded and took with it her boundless energy.

"This is the city I was born in, after all."

"They" also died while she was here. Though she would not admit it, that subconsious, wounded part of herself thought it could find some measure of healing by returning in Triumph, standing proud and high in her Lord Father and Mother's city. She was not even allowed that much. However, if there was one thing Avelina would not tolerate, it was being pitied, even by herself. She brushed away sorrowful thoughts of family lost and returned to her usual energy. She stepped in front of Karas, turning to face him as she walked backwards, and then poked him square in the chest with her finger.

"Now, it's your turn!"

She then returned to her place walking next to him.


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas chuckled a bit. Young and full of ambition. Not surprising at all. Perhaps She sensed it.

"I was also born here. Though not nearly to so noble of families. I was at Armasse for the same reason as every other year. She asked me to be there." he said with a small look of sadness. "She always told me I needed people to see me. If nothing more to show them that sheer presence isn't going to cause a..."

He stopped a with a look of realization of what he was about to say. "Umm, a catastrophe."


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Ellena winced as that damn snake's fang got through her boot. "Im pretty sure no poison got through," she groaned. She made a mental note to check the wound closer when she pulled off her boots around the fire this evening.

The group was having luck as several useful items apparently also fell through various holes in the ground. She was fine with the tiefling carrying it, as he had done well in battle. Hes had the chance to betray us and hasn't done it yet! Strange...

The paladin had heard stories about the archer's significant other. She was a mighty warrior, brave as they come. "Archer, I believe Iomedae brought us together to get you back home to your family. Trust in the Inheritor and her plan will be revealed."

Ellena, for some reason, wasn't fond of Avelina giving her attention to the tiefling. "So Avelina, tell me more about all the gifts and talents you've been blessed with? I'm sure you can do a lot of neat things."

Silver Crusade

AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

Avelina tilted her head to the side, her eyes big like an inquisitive cat's.

"'She?' You keep mentioning a woman. Someone important to you?"

Avelina moved up next to Ellena in response to her question, then leaned in conspiratorially towards her, placing a hand on her arm and whispering.

"Just a moment, Darling. There's a Mysterious WomanTM in Karas' life! The plot thickens!"


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

"She was important to many people." he said as he tapped the scale he bound about his neck.

Silver Crusade

AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

Avelina's mouth goes agape as she seems to grasp what Karas is speaking about.

"Ohhhhhh. I see. She was someone important to Telendrev and you said 'was,' so she must be somebody who she knew a long time ago."

"Seems," indeed.


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas blinked at Avelina. subtlety is lost on this one apparently. "Umm, She was Terendelev."

Silver Crusade

AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

Avelina threw her palm against her head.

"OH. By the Goddess! I am so sorry. How could I be so dense?"

She looked up and away, holding up her finger and wagging it back and forth lightly, as if lecturing herself.

"And that's why you want to kill the Storm King! Normally, I would feel that it would be my duty to inform you of the fact that revenge is a very dangerous and unfulfilling goal. But he's a demon, and a particularly vile one at that, and he is quite clearly guilty of the crime."

She gives Karas a proud smile.

"So carry on."


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

A dour looked flashed over the tiefling's face before returning to a small smile. "Yes, that is my reason. I don't really care if its dangerous or unfulfilling. It matters to me."

He nodded at her consent even though he hardly needed it and smiled.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

After twenty minutes of slow progress, due to Anevia's slowed pace, those at the front of the party noticed a soft diffuse light ahead. Moving cautiously, the light turned out to be coming from a passway that branched to the left at a point where the main passageway turned to the right.

Cautiously peering in revealed a chamber about fifty feet across and deep. In the center of the room was a twenty foot high structure made of stone. The ceiling of the room was only thirty feet high. It was a bunker-like structure with no windows made of carved stone blocks. A ten foot long carving of a hammer decorated the building's facade. The ruins of collapsed outbuildings lay to either side.

Behind the screen:

Ellena: Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Ellena:
Ellena recognizes the hammer as a symbol of the LG god Torag, a deity traditionally worshipped by dwarves.

Map will be posted soon. Take actions that require no more than a turn or two. It has now been 45 minutes since the collapse of the plaza.


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Ellena points out that holy symbol was that of Torag. "Dwarves worship him mostly. He's a good god. Not the Inheritor good, but good anyway. There might be useful items for our trip in this bunker of his."


Goblin Jester of Ustalav, Franti the Fool | HP 31/31 | 0 Nonlethal | AC 18| 8 Smiles | Gear/Rolls | Theme Song (Battle) | 1/3 Terendelev Scale (Alter Self) | Party Loot

Franti bit his tongue at Ellena's "not the Inheritor good" line. He wish he knew more on Torag just to combat Iomedae's fan club. The fool walked ahead, looking at the architecture, looking for any signs that this perhaps-once-holy place has been defiled. The fool listened for any prayers as he approached the stone walls, offering his own with a little jingle: "Holy Hammer, hear my plea, What treasures do you hold for me?"

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23, +1 for Traps. Hell yeah.


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

Once they were close enough for Tauni's spell to work, she cast a minor cantrip to see what may lie ahead.

Casting Detect Magic once within sixty feet of it.

Silver Crusade

Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 88/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|5/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

I had a busy evening and I come back to 25 posts! Wow!

Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

"Sir Ellena, this is a holy site. There is no need for such disrespect. Torag is a destroyer of evil, and the patron of no small number of the knights who even now battle above." She looks up at the temple.

Where is the light coming from?


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

The map is up, so move your tokens into the room as you choose to do so.
Franti sees no immediate traps. Tauni's Detect Magic only reveals faint evocation magic from the whole area, likely a permanent light spell. The light looks greenish because a lot of the rock out of which the building is made has green moss growing on it.

Behind the screen:

Fly 1 Stealth, distance: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 4 = 23
Fly 2 Stealth, distance: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 4 = 12
Huecuva Stealth, Distance, wall, door: 1d20 + 7 + 5 + 10 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 5 + 10 + 5 = 29

Anarya: Perception (non-sound): 1d20 ⇒ 6
Avelina: Perception: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (11) - 4 = 7
Ellena: Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10
Franti: Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Karas: Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Tauni: Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Anevia: Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Both Ellena and Tauni thought for a moment there was a low hum coming from somewhere in the room. Holding still and listening, however, reveals nothing further. Nothing in sight is moving.
I'm assuming no one has ventured far into the room.


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas wandered forward near the front of the group watching the lights and smiling. "looks like we may be able to rest a bit. Something that sturdy should hold well or maybe have supplies too."

I'll default to following the group for now, I can't view the ap at work.


Goblin Jester of Ustalav, Franti the Fool | HP 31/31 | 0 Nonlethal | AC 18| 8 Smiles | Gear/Rolls | Theme Song (Battle) | 1/3 Terendelev Scale (Alter Self) | Party Loot

Franti's cautious behavior went unrewarded, and so he became curious. He found no traps outside the stone walls. He wondered if the roof of the building was similarly bland. The fool scurried through his bag, removing a hooked metal. He pushed the end of his rope through the eye of the hook, tying it secure. The fool gave the hook a tug.

He holds the grappling hook and rope to anyone nearby. "Shall we take a gander before we nap?"


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

"Anarya, I said Torag was good. But no other God is like Iomedae. I thought you'd know that,..." Ellena trails off, looking at the healer oddly, wondering if the girl deserved a recommendation from her after all. Badmouthing the Inheritor? That's expected from that goofy fool, or even the demon, but not from her, in her holy garb!

The paladin ventured in the room, pulling her sword, as the green light made for a spooky, but illuminated search.

Map trouble tonight. Just move me ahead and I'll start looking around the room in a counterclockwise fashion, if possible. Thanks.


Goblin Jester of Ustalav, Franti the Fool | HP 31/31 | 0 Nonlethal | AC 18| 8 Smiles | Gear/Rolls | Theme Song (Battle) | 1/3 Terendelev Scale (Alter Self) | Party Loot

Franti shrugged as Ellena trailed off. He figured her the strongest and would have the best bet for the throw. He spun the roped hook, looking to the ceiling of the cave. He flung it to up, hoping it might catch on an unseen bend in the roof.

Grappling Hook Throw, -2 for Range Increment: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 4 - 2 = 12

The fool managed to throw it up twenty feet, landing the hook on the roof. He gave it a pull, praying it caught on something and didn't fall down on his head. It had happened before, though he didn't want another welt on his brow to prove it.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

"Ah, yes. No one else is like Her...."

Avelina clasps her hands together, leaning her face on them like a pillow as she rocks herself back-and-forth, a wistful smile on her face.

Moved Avelina up slightly.


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas looked at the fool then the door as he walked up. "Umm, why bother with the roof when the door is right here? I for one could do with a little rest."

Karas tried the door listening for any commotion within.

Home so I moved myself to the door.

Silver Crusade

Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 88/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|5/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

I also am unsure why you're trying to go for the roof, Franti.

Anarya frowned in confusion at Ellena's response. She took offense to so innocuous a comment as that? This knight is more zealot than devotee! Best take care what I say around her when the topic of other religions arises, I suppose. Anarya went over to Karas, curious to see if the temple had any occupants.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

On the Table, Initiative:

Giant Fly 1: Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Giant Fly 2: Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Anarya: Initiative: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (11) - 3 = 8
Avelina: Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Ellena: Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Franti: Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Karas: Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Tauni: Initiative: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Anevia: Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Aravashnial: Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Horgus: Initiative: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4

Round 1
Anevia
Tauni
Giant Fly 1
Karas
Aravashnial
Ellena
Giant Fly 2
Franti
Avelina
Anarya
Horgus

When Franti's grappling hook landed on the roof, the bass hum returned as two giant flies took to wing. They are each about the size of a small table medium size. Anevia was quickest to notice and sent out an arrow at one of them before it could land.

On the Table:

Anevia: shortbow, cover: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 5 - 4 = 14
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Target: 1d2 ⇒ 2

Her arrow nicked a leg but did not do much damage (1 point to fly #2).

Tauni is up. The flies are in the air. Assume you all have line of sight and that they have no cover. After her action, Fly #1 will land and get an attack, after which the order is Karas, Aravashnial, Ellena. During this part assume Fly #2 is still in the air and hitable with ranged attacks. Then Fly #2 will land and the initiative order will continue as posted above: Franti, Avelina, Anarya, Horgus. I will be teaching this morning, but should be able to check on progress before lunch and keep up with posts as they come in. Good luck.


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

Tauni drew a bead on the first fly, having drawn on her arcane instincts to try and predict its movement to place the shot.

Prescience 1d20 ⇒ 10

Crossbow shot
To hit 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Damage 1d8 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2

Edit:
Possible crit, confirm 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Damage 1d8 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

As the first fly (#1) hovered for a moment, Tauni shot at it with her crossbow and the bolt drove deep into the underside of the giant bug's abdomen. Although badly wounded the fly was not killed and swooped to attack.

On the Table:

Target aquisition: 1 = Karas, 2 = Franti, 3 = Avelina, 4 = Ellena, 5 = Tauni
1d5 ⇒ 5

The fly landed next to Tauni and Avelina.

On the Table:

Giant Fly #1: Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

The fly lunged to bite Tauni, but she dodged it.

Tauni:
Can you clarify your armor situation? You have listed +4 Armor, which looks like it is from mage armor, but you don't have mage armor memorized and I don't see any posts where you cast it on yourself. When you get a chance, it would help if you would fill out your profile with either spoilered copies of descriptions of your special abilities and traits or links to the SRD where these are detailed. Also List the spells in your spell book. Thanks.

Karas is up, but at present, there are no opponents he can get close enough to attack in melee. He can ready an attack for when a fly gets close enough to hit or he can attack with a ranged weapon or delay. If Karas' player cannot see the map, the first fly landed between a wall and three other PCs (Avelina, Ellena, and Tauni). There's not enough room attack this fly until one of the other PCs moves. The second fly is still overhead, so it can be targeted with a ranged weapon if he has one.


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Seeing that he could not get into the cluster around the wounded fly, Karas waited for the other one to come into range.

Readied action: Attack a fly when it gets close enough with the longsword.


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

Tauni dodged back from the fly and looked around nervously at her allies as she decided what to do next. .

GM:
I am sorry. The profile does not look up to date, and I just noticed that the header lines (between the profile link/name and the profile picture) isn't populated like it should be with her AC, hit points, etc. I'll work on getting that corrected ASAP.


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Ellena struck out with her Longsword as the fly closed to her range. She couldn't think of any clever words, doubting the fly would understand her anyway.

Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Karas and Ellena drew their swords. While Karas waited for a fly to get close enough to hit, Ellena struck the fly that had just landed and attacked Rabbit. She struck a solid blow, but the fly was huge and would not die so quickly.

On the Table:

Target aquisition: 1 = Karas, 2 = Franti, 3 = Avelina, 4 = Ellena
1d4 ⇒ 1

The other fly landed and attacked Karas, but Karas was ready for it and struck first.

On the Table:

Karas: Broadsword: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

He cut the fly, but then the fly tried to bite him.

On the Table:

Giant Fly 2 Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

But the mandibles were stopped by his stout armor.

Round 1
Anevia
Tauni
Giant Fly 1 (-20)
Karas (-2)
Aravashnial
Ellena (-2)
Giant Fly 2 (-4)
^^Acted^^
\/Yet to act\/

Franti
Avelina (-1)
Anarya
Horgus

Silver Crusade

Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 88/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|5/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

Gonna be busy at the con, so I'll post my action early.

Inspired by Tauni's accuracy, Anarya sent a sling bullet flying at whichever fly is the easier target.

Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Silver Crusade

AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

I'm exhausted from this week, so I'm gonna turn in early. Just going ahead and posting my action too to keep things moving

"Ah! Get away from me, disgusting creature!"

Avelina drew her light mace, throwing out a swing at the creature as she backed away.

Attack with Light Mace: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Move action to draw mace, standard action to attack, free action to five-foot-step


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Goblin Jester of Ustalav, Franti the Fool | HP 31/31 | 0 Nonlethal | AC 18| 8 Smiles | Gear/Rolls | Theme Song (Battle) | 1/3 Terendelev Scale (Alter Self) | Party Loot

Franti's heart sunk when the buzzing began. Why're there so many bugs and vermin here? What has been festering beneath Kenabres? Franti left the hook on the roof. The fool flicked one of his saps to his hands, taking a quick step towards a fly. He targetted the weakened insect, bringing down the sap over it's head. "Buzz off," he quipped with a grin.

Move action to draw weapon, five foot step, Attack Action.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 2 = 25 forSneak Attack: 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + (3) = 6, nonlethal


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Franti's blow with his sap killed the fly with a splat. Avelina, drew her mace but then had nothing to strike. She could move toward the other fly but she can't attack this turn as for her drawing a weapon is a move action. Anarya tried to lob a sling stone over her comrades to hit the one facing Karas but it was an impossible shot.

Anevia hobbled closer but found she had no clear shot and chose to wait for an opening.

Round 2
Anevia
\/Yet to act\/
Tauni
Giant Fly 1 (Dead)
Karas (-2)
Aravashnial
Ellena (-2)
Giant Fly 2 (-4)
Franti
Avelina (-1)
Anarya
Horgus


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

Tauni loaded her crossbow again, and tried to navigate the complex movements of the remaining fly and her allies to get a bolt through to the attacker. From where she was standing, it sounded like the bolt struck true, but through all of the movement she couldn't be sure.

Prescience 1d20 ⇒ 17
To hit 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 2 - 4 = 1
Damage 1d8 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7

Edit: I'll substitute the prescience roll for the to hit roll, giving her a 15 to hit. That includes the -4 for her not having Precise Shot.


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas pressed the attack on the fly with the looted sword.

Longsword attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Tauni revealed a remarkable ability to chose the opportune moment to fire a crossbow, somehow sensing a moment when Karas would shift right as Franti shifted left, giving her a fraction of a second for a clear shot. The bolt lodged in the fly's back, damaging a wing and causing a clear liquid to ooze down its side.

Karas' sword sliced air as the fly shifted away from his attack.

Aravashnial restlessly stood at the entrance to the cave, clearly wanting to press into the room but his path was blocked by the others who still had not moved into the room. He pressed his back against one wall and tried to move in.

Round 2
Anevia
Tauni
Giant Fly 1 (Dead)
Karas (-2)
Aravashnial
\/Yet to act\/
Ellena (-2)
Giant Fly 2 (-11)
Franti
Avelina (-1)
Anarya
Horgus

My rule for whether or not a character can occupy a square that is partly filled with a wall is that the center of the square must be open. It's very close but I'll say the square west of the fly is available. However, the square west of Avelina is not available for movement. One could move through Avelina's square to get to the square west of the fly, but the fly would get an attack of opportunity.

The squares south of Karas and Avelina and west of the fly #2 are difficult terrain. So each square counts as 2 squares of movement or 10'. If attempting acrobatics through such a square, each square costs 4 squares or 20' because acrobatics through threatened squares counts as half-movement.


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

"Move forward, dem...tiefling! I can't get through to smite the beast! Lady Avelina, move back!" Ellena yelled, most distressed that Avelina was putting herself in danger. Ellena temporarily held her action, hoping one of the others would move to allow her an opportunity to strike the fly.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

As Ellena waited for an opening, the fly attacked.

On the Table:

Target choice: 1 = Karas, 2 = Avelina. Target: 1d2 ⇒ 1

The fly lunged to bite Karas.

On the Table:

Fly #2 Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Behind the screen:

Disease Save DC 14: Karas Fortitude: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Fails. Onset, days: 1d3 ⇒ 2

The fly's bite caught Karas on the right wrist as he was readying his sword for another attack. 2 points damage.

Round 2
Anevia
Tauni
Giant Fly 1 (Dead)
Karas (-4)
Aravashnial
Ellena (-2)
Giant Fly 2 (-11)
\/Yet to act\/
Franti
Avelina (-1)
Anarya
Horgus


Goblin Jester of Ustalav, Franti the Fool | HP 31/31 | 0 Nonlethal | AC 18| 8 Smiles | Gear/Rolls | Theme Song (Battle) | 1/3 Terendelev Scale (Alter Self) | Party Loot

Franti hopped up at his finishing blow. He felt alive and untouchable. He desired another victory. He rushed to the last fly, dancing past Karas, almost brushing against Avelina. The fool was slowed by the rocks that littered the ground, but was determined to get in his strike.

Moving to Flank (Provoking AoO, believe that to be 30ft if my math/diagonals are right), Standard Action Attack.

Franti gave a quick twirl to his sap, holding it reverse-grip now. He hooked his arm toward the fly, trying to bat at it while the insect focused on Karas.
Flanking Sneak Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 = 14 for Sneak Attack: 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + (6) = 9, nonlethal


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

On the Table:

Giant Fly #2 Bite (AOO): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Miss.

The giant fly snapped at the Franti as he moved by but missed. Then, distracted by movements in different directions, its compound eyes could not track the movement of this new enemy and the sap pounded into its back. The fly was clearly on its last six legs, but still had a tiny bit of fight left in it.

Round 2
Anevia
Tauni
Giant Fly 1 (Dead)
Karas (-4)
Aravashnial
Ellena (-2)
Giant Fly 2 (-20)
Franti
\/Yet to act\/
Avelina (-1)
Anarya
Horgus

I don't think there are rules for this, but I don't think there is much reason to think the sap would do non-lethal damage to the fly. Insects have such a different physiology that I don't think they can be knocked unconscious and I'm doubtful they feel pain the same way as mammals do. In this case, it probably doesn't matter as I doubt you are going to try to keep it alive.

Silver Crusade

AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

"I will happily get out of the way and let someone else fight this monstrosity!"

She shrieked as the fly buzzed near her once more, and she swatted at it.

Attack with Light Mace: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Not bothering to see if she hit, she girly-ran back to Ellena's side.

Standard action to attack, move action to move 25 feet


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Avelina felt the mace smash into the fly before she turned to run. The fly twitched and dropped to the ground, its wings vibrating for a few heartbeats before it lay still.

Out of melee. People who want to be sure it's dead can do more damage to it at will.

Behind the screen:

Occupant: Stealth, 1' wall: 1d20 + 7 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 10 = 27
Anarya: Perception (non-sound): 1d20 ⇒ 10
Avelina: Perception: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (6) - 4 = 2
Ellena: Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17
Franti: Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Karas: Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Tauni: Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Anevia: Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Horgus: Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

After the fly died, the group filed into the room to see what could be seen or heard. But other than the smell of carrion, which was coming from the flat roof of the structure, there appeared nothing else of danger in the cave. The only entrance found into the structure was the door. There was no evident lock but a tentative push suggested it could be forced open with enough effort. Strength checks. Highest will be the main effort; others that are 10 or more add +2 to that result. DC 15.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Anevia entered the cave room after the fighting ended and stared for a bit at the symbol of Torag. A cloud seemed to descend over her and she sat on a portion of one of the collapsed outbuildings and massaged her broken leg gingerly. "My leg hurts. I must rest!" she said, perhaps a bit too petulantly.

Horgus patted various of the fighters who defeated the flies and congratulated them before he turned to regard the sullen rogue. "We don't need a cripple slowing us down. We need to get to the surface."

Anevia glared at Horgus and said, "You're free to continue without us. Good luck with the next nasty that is hiding in the caves ahead!"

Horgus snorted at this suggestion, "Maybe we should leave you behind. You can stab anything threatening in the back, as usual!"

Anevia took a deep breath before she replied, "I'm not surprised that a man afraid to acknowledge his own faith would be unmoved by a
forgotten temple like this. Anyone too ashamed of his own faith to publicly acknowledge it is as bad as someone who worships demons!"

Horgus went red and shouted back, "I'll not take that kind of insult from a common thief!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Goblin Jester of Ustalav, Franti the Fool | HP 31/31 | 0 Nonlethal | AC 18| 8 Smiles | Gear/Rolls | Theme Song (Battle) | 1/3 Terendelev Scale (Alter Self) | Party Loot

Franti looked toward the quivering fly, unsure now how he felt with his pride over his attacks. They had been invaders to this place. He walked back to his fallen backpack, placed it over his shoulder and walked towards the bickering noble and rogue.

Franti cut between Horgus and Anevia. "Neither time nor place for this exchange. Faith is fickle, Anevia. If we all paraded our Gods around, we'd all be priests and paladins." Franti looked around at the party. We almost already are... he thought. Frant reached into his bag, pulling out a sheathed dagger. He turned to Horgus now, extending the grip his way. "No one gets left behind, and I'll see to it that includes you. If you expect her to stab our foes in the back, I expect the same initiative from you."

Franti turned back to the Anevia, but eyed his grappling hook, wondering if it snagged. "What hiding nasty?"


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas did what he could to clean the blade from the vermin but it was at least minorly hampered that finding clean rags down here was difficult. He put the sword away and turned toward the door before attempting to push it open.

strength: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

The door gave and he gave a satisfied look to the others, however the conversation turned his look back to neutral.

"Hey, there's no need to try to bite each others heads off. There's plenty of things down here that will do that for us. Can we move inside please?"


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

Until now, Tauni had been thinking Horgus was a chosen of Abadar, but his declaration of wanting to leave Anevia behind cast doubt on that for her.

She walked directly up to Horgus and, quietly and calmly, told him "If you wish to advance without her, you may, of course. The rest of us will catch up to you when we can." She offers up her burning sunrod in one hand and her dagger in the other, challenging him to take them.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

Avelina turned to the others and wagged her finger, smiling like an older sister.

"Now, now. We said no more fighting! We all must stick together."

She continued walking, glancing away as she talked to herself.

"Besides, why wouldn't you want to be a priest or paladin of a Goddess as Wonderful, Glorious, and Beautiful as Iomedae?"

She held up a finger, mouthing a voiceless "Oh!" She suddenly appeared at Franti's side, patting him on the shoulder.

"Oh! Another jest of yours."

She gave a hearty, boisterous, and unladylike laugh.

"Lovely! You are a delightfully funny fool. You must come and perform for Auntie when this is all over."


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Behind the screen:

Avelina: Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Franti: Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Karas: Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Tauni: Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Anevia and Horgus ceased their argument. Horgus seemed most affected by Avelina's urging while Anevia heeded Karas' chiding.

Karas peered into the room, his darkvision giving him a clear view. He saw a bench along the south wall and opposite the door a basin with some liquid in it sat atop a stone pedastal. A closed stone door with an image of a hammer stood to the north side of the room.


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

"Anevia, There's a nice bench in here to sit on that will be far more comfortable than rubble." Karas said as he glanced back to everyone else. "There's also another door to the rest of the place I think and possibly some water. No idea if its good or not though."

He stepped into the room and tested the other door to see if it would need forced as well.


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Ellena was breathing hard form the battle, but luckily the others had already quieted down the skirmish before she could add her two copper. "Yes, we must work together. All of us are having to push through it," the paladin says as her eyes briefly went toward the tiefling, then back to the rest of the group.

Once the others were ready to try the door, she threw her shoulder into the mix as well, pushing with all her might.

Strength check 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Ellena brought her torch to bear in the chamber that the tiefling had opened. "The rest of us need some light, I think," she said as she took the tour of the room. She looked closer at the water, to see what she could make out, whether it seemed brackish or well enough to drink if the team ended up down here longer than they had planned.

Perception 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13

251 to 300 of 3,911 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Clebsch GM Wrath of the Righteous Adventure: Book 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.