Clebsch GM Wrath of the Righteous Adventure Path

Game Master Clebsch73

Six people hold recovering the Sword of Valor, if they can retake the fortress city of Drezen and strike into the Worldwound itself.

Party Loot

Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress


2,501 to 2,550 of 3,893 << first < prev | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | next > last >>

Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas would cast Phantom Blood before the assault.

Upon exiting the Heart Karas stopped a moment and whispered a prayer to Apsu. "Waybringer guide us, for we go where few would tread. Evil has been unmasked and my talons will bring your wrath. To returning."

It was a small prayer but meaningful to him after he had started to delve into Terendelev's journal and her life.


NG Ranger 7 * HP 60/78 * AC 19|T15|FF13 * CMD 24 * F+6 R+10 W+4 * Init +5 Per +19 (+2 vs traps) | CURRENTLY: +2 per from H.A. |

As we get within sight of the actual Garrison, Raine will cast heightened awareness on herself, which will last ten minutes. Before heading out from the Heart, she'll ask someone else in the party to use one of her scrolls of darkvision on herself, which will last three hours. I'm happy to take those evil outsider bane arrows if nobody wants them, but I think I'm still a little WBL ahead of everyone else since I came in at full level four wealth, so I don't want to jump too quickly on them either. I'll also carry any wands/etc anyone else doesn't specifically claim just to make sure someone's carrying them. ;) and I will definitely take one of those CSW potions.

Raine listened wordlessly to Avelina's prayer to the Inheritor. She didn't particularly mind it: it certainly wasn't the first prayer to Iomedae she'd stood through, and it (hopefully) wouldn't be the last. Raine felt a generalized sense of duty and reverence to Iomedae, even if no particular personal connection. Still, it sure didn't hurt, to be dutiful about your prayers. The goddess might be listening.

....if the goddess couldn't hear her loudest supporter on the face of Golarion talking about her, Raine thought with a small smirk, then maybe she needed new ears.

"...Persistence is the ability to press on even when all the world stands against you...." said Avelina, and Raine glanced up despite herself. It was something her mother would have said, that she could hear her saying, even.

Without the fancy dressed-up bits, though.

****

"I say we just strike in the day. It'd hamper our own distractors too much to be in the dark," Raine sighs, "and it wouldn't hide us more than sixty or so feet anyway. Dawn. For hope."

(Dawn, and from the south, are good by me!)

Once they actually reached the dangerous zones in which demons might be watching, Rained slipped into position about thirty feet ahead of the others, trying to scout and notice demons before they noticed the little band of trying-to-be-inobtrusive warriors. Hopefully the attention of the demons would all be on Irabeth's grand campaign of distraction. She prayed, for that. Not to Iomedae... not even to Eldas, the one who watched over architects... but, for once, just to good old luck. Desna.

"Let this work, stars," she muttered.

Attempting stealth, favored community: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
Scouting perception, favored community, H.A.: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (1) + 18 = 19


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

I forgot to mention I'll take a CSW and lesser restoration potion from aravashnials stash


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]
WOTR NPC Aravashnial wrote:

When the heroes had their final briefing as the assault was only a day away, a tall elf arrived with a couple of rangers escorting him. It was Aravashnial. The rangers were carrying a couple of small wooden boxes which they set on the briefing table.

"Greetings, friends. I feared that this cache of Riftwarden resources might have been discovered by the enemy, but my friends here located it and retrieved it for use. Irabeth informed me of the plan and I believe you all need the aid these boxes can provide. Please use them as you have need."

He stepped back and listened as the contents of the boxes are unpacked and laid out for all to see. The cache included eight potions of cure serious wounds, four potions of lesser restoration, 10 +1 evil outsider bane arrows, a chime of opening, a longsword and dagger, both made of cold iron, a wand of magic missiles (CL 5th, 31 charges), and a wand
of daylight (24 charges).

When Aravashnial arrived, Tauni met him with a warm hug. When the box is delivered, she pulled him to the side to speak quietly. "Since you know the nature of our mission, is there anything else you can tell us about the wardstones? I am concerned the demons might try to deceive us with a decoy. Is there a way to be sure we are getting the true relic?"

Tauni will take the wand of magic missiles (I believe Avelina already has one?) Any items from the box that others do not claim, Tauni will tuck into her haversack.


Male Elf
Tauni "Rabbit" Desba wrote:
When Aravashnial arrived, Tauni met him with a warm hug. When the box is delivered, she pulled him to the side to speak quietly. "Since you know the nature of our mission, is there anything else you can tell us about the wardstones? I am concerned the demons might try to deceive us with a decoy. Is there a way to be sure we are getting the true relic?"

Aravashnial returned Tauni's hug, but seemed a bit put off by such displays of affection, so he only touched her for a moment before withdrawing. His sight had not yet been restored.

To Tauni's question he replied thoughtfully and earnestly, "None can say for sure, but outsiders cannot touch it without suffering harm and so they probably don't want to move it about much. If I know demons, they won't relish the task of sitting with a stone in an isolated tower while there are other battles being fought where they could have more of what they would consider fun. Let's hope they have left it in weaker hands than might be the case if they were more disciplined."


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Behind the screen:
DC 19
Vermlek (Nyserian) Perception, 30': 1d20 + 8 - 3 ⇒ (2) + 8 - 3 = 7
Vermlek (Hulrun) Perception, 30': 1d20 + 8 - 3 ⇒ (14) + 8 - 3 = 19
Raine: DC 15 Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
DC 10 Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
DC 18
Raine: Knowledge(Planes): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

The initial attacks took place as planned. After a pyrotechnics display seen around the city was set off from the high dome of the Defender's Heart, battle cries and clashes were heard across the city, including a number on buildings in Old Kenabres. These latter attacks withdrew after meeting resistance, drawing the occupying army away from the Gray Garrison. The group, already near one of the ruined walls that used to protect the old city, received a message spell from Aravashnial alerting them to reports that some troops apparently in the old garrison had left and headed away to join other battles. The garrison was as lightly defended as it ever likely would be.

They encountered no enemies getting close to the garrison. A few stone walls were all that remained of a couple of buildings adjacent to the squat gray building. Irabeth and her squad of mongrelfolk rangers stayed behind far enough that they would not draw attention before the party attempted to enter the building, but close enough that they could close quickly if needed.

The six reached a wall that completely blocked them from view of those in the tower, but also their view of it. Raine advanced through the empty building until she had a way to see through a hole in the wall and see what was at the front door.

Raine:
Raine spies two sentries at the front doors. They are hideously obese, naked men armed with scythes. Raine recognizes the faces of the two: Kandro Nyserian, one of the nobles revealed to be among the ranks of the Cult of the Ivory Labyrinth, and Lord Hulrun, who was last seen giving a speech welcoming all to the Armasse holiday when the demon attack began.

A moment or two later, she recognized what they had become, vermleks, hideous wormlike demons who can wear dead humanoid bodies almost as if they were armor.

Then she hears a voice in her head that says, "Welcome little mouse. Have you come to turn yourself over to Deskari?"

Raine: choose one spoiler as reward for a high knowledge result.

Defensive Abilities:
Abandon Flesh (Su) As a swift action, a vermlek can abandon an inhabited body. In so doing, it absorbs much of the body’s flesh to heal itself, restoring 2d6+3 hit points.
Flesh Armor (Su) When a vermlek wears a humanoid body, it treats the dead flesh and muscle as armor and gains a +3 armor bonus to its AC.
Negative Energy Affinity (Ex) A vermlek is healed by negative energy and harmed by positive energy as if it were an undead creature.

DR:
DR 5/cold iron or good

Immunities:
electricity, poison

Resistances:
acid 10, cold 10, fire 10

SR:
SR 14

Special Attacks:
Inhabit Body (Su) A vermlek can crawl into and control the body of a dead Medium humanoid. This process takes 1d4 rounds for the vermlek to complete, during which it is considered flatfooted. It loses its own burrow speed while inhabiting a body, but gains the ability to wield their scythes.

Spell-like abilities:
3/day—mass inflict light wounds (DC 16), spider climb
1/day—gentle repose, summon (level 2, 1d4 dretches, 50%)

What does Raine do next?


NG Ranger 7 * HP 60/78 * AC 19|T15|FF13 * CMD 24 * F+6 R+10 W+4 * Init +5 Per +19 (+2 vs traps) | CURRENTLY: +2 per from H.A. |

I'll go with DR! Also, if it makes any difference, I'm effectively at +12 to ID demons, due to favored enemy.

Beneath the layer of soot she'd re-applied to help hide the pale flash of her face, Raine went gray. Her world reeled a little at the voice in her head, the sickening sensation of having been spotted. And knowing the 'people' in front of her.

But there wasn't time for fear, or even a moment's grief for someone who, despite his hard methods, had never betrayed them to the demons... at least as far as Raine knew.

Not deigning to respond to the disgusting whisper in her head, Raine answered instead with an arrow, praying for a lucky shot. She called back over her shoulder, short and terse and low: "We're spotted! Two vermleks at the gate. Cold iron or blessed steel-- strike quick and hard!"

The arrow flew from her bow; Raine stepped back to the shelter of the wall a second after.

If we're actually into combat actions now: A single arrow fired at #2, and then a five-foot step west (shown with orange arrow on the map but I haven't moved her). Here's the roll if we're to that point:

Arrow vs Vermlek 2, favored enemy: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 9 + 2 = 25
Damage, favored, nexavaran steel: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

The extra +2 would not change the information gained, in this case, but good to know. We'll consider Raine's shot as part of the surprise round since the enemy just uses the surprise round to take the total defense action.

On the Table:
Anarya: Initiative: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 = 5
Avelina: Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Ellena: Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 18
Karas: Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Raine: Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Tauni: Initiative: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Vermlek 1 (AN): Initiative: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11
Vermlek 2 (LH):Initiative: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Avelina: tiebreaker: 1d20 ⇒ 13
Karas: tiebreaker: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Raine's first shot hits the corpulent body of one of the demons eliciting an obscene curse delivered telepathically to Raine.

Round 1
Ellena
Raine
Karas
Avelina
Tauni

Vermlek 1 (AN) (total defense)
Anarya
Vermlek 2 (LH) (8 lethal, total defense)

So it begins.


NG Ranger 7 * HP 60/78 * AC 19|T15|FF13 * CMD 24 * F+6 R+10 W+4 * Init +5 Per +19 (+2 vs traps) | CURRENTLY: +2 per from H.A. |

Raine grimly stepped out again and sent two more arrows rapidly between her and the other demon, having a better line on that one now.

Rapid shot on #1: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 2 - 2 = 10
Rapid shot on #1: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 2 - 2 = 12

Her attempt to focus on speed resulted only in two shabby shots, arrows splintering on the wall of the Garrison behind the two vermleks.

Silver Crusade

AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

Avelina just about jumped out of her skin, a particularly apt metaphor for the current foes, as she would later find.

The girl dashed out towards some nearby debris she could use for cover as she cast. With the two foes conveniently gathered together, she threw open her arms as she called upon her Goddess to strike down her foes. She then threw out a finger towards the two creatures as the so-called Radiant Dawn burst around them.

"Sneak attack! Be blinded by the Radiant Dawn of the Inheritor!"

SR Check on Vermlek 1 (if needed): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
SR Check on Vermlek 2 (if needed): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Radiant Dawn of the Inheritor Burst of Radiance: 4d4 ⇒ (4, 2, 4, 2) = 12
Blind/Dazzled Duration: 1d4 ⇒ 3
DC 17 Reflex save to avoid being blinded for 3 rounds. If they make the save, they still take full damage, but they are only dazzled (-1 to attack rolls) for 3 rounds instead. Damage is untyped


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

As usual, post in any order, particularly if you may have limited opportunities to post, but actions will be resolved in initiative order. So I will wait to reveal the results of Avelina's spell until after the actions of those above her in initiative. By the way, I'm well familiar with [I]Burst of Radiance[/I[, as I use it often with a cleric I run in PFS. Good spell for undead and demons.

My work schedule is back to a more normal set of hours, working roughly 8 AM to 3 PM M-Th. So most of my posts will come in the evening or early AM.


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

From Ellena's current position, it seemed that she could get to the enemies closer by heading the opposite direction of Avelina. She hurried along as quickly as her armor would allow, sword and shield at the ready.

Double move 40'...5' to the west and 35' to the north, if someone would be so kind as to move me.


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas took on a grim demeanor from the report and drew his sword as he dashed forward.

Draw sword as part of love. Double move 60ft in most direct path to the vermleks. On mobile at the moment if you wouldn't mind moving me.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

When her allies started to peel off in two different directions, Tauni drew a wand and glanced back and forth. Karas had Avelina with him to provide some support, so she decided to go after Ellena. Before moving away, she gave Anarya a weak smile and signed I guess it has started."

Tauni, Ellena and Karas moved on the map.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

On the Table:
DC 17
Vermlek 1 Reflex: 1d20 ⇒ 1
Vermlek 2 Reflex: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Behind the Screen:
Vermlek 1 51-100 summons successful: 1d100 ⇒ 22 fails
Vermlek 2 51-100 summons successful: 1d100 ⇒ 91 Succeeds
# of Dretches summoned: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Behind the screen:
DC 15 to recognize Kandro Nyserian
Avelina: Knowledge (Nobility): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33
Ellena: Knowledge (Nobility): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
DC 10 to recognize Lord Hulrun
Avelina: Knowledge (Nobility): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15
Ellena: Knowledge (Nobility): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Karas: Knowledge (Local), untrained: 1d20 ⇒ 1
DC 17
Karas: Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Raine: Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

As Ellena, Karas, and Tauni ran to battle, Avelina and Raine provided cover. Raine's arrows thudded against the chest of the Vermlek on the left #1 but they could not penetrate the thick skin the demon was wearing. Avelina's magic was more effective. The bright light that erupted around them hurt them right through their human flesh armor and the one on the left was blinded. 12 damage, #1 blinded, #2 dazzled for 3 rounds.

Karas, Ellena, Avelina:
The two guards are hideously obese, naked men armed with scythes.

Avelina, Ellena:
The vermlek on the left (#1) appears to be a rotund version of Kandro Nyserian. Ellena does not recognize the other one.

Avelina:
The one on the right (#2) is a bloated version of Lord Hulrun—once the leader of Kenabres!

The Vermlek on the left began to mutter and gesture.

Karas:
Karas can tell that the Vermlek is trying to summon something.

Previous Rounds:
Surprise Round
Raine (ranged attack, hit, 8 to Vermlek 2)
Vermlek 2 (Total Defense)

Round 1
Ellena (double move)
Raine (2 ranged attacks, both miss)
Karas (double move)
Avelina (move, casts spell, Vermlek 1 blinded 3 rounds, Vermlek 2 dazzled 3 rounds, 12 lethal to both)
Tauni (double move)
Vermlek 1 (AN) (12 lethal, blind) (FRA using SLA)


Anarya
Vermlek 2 (LH) (20 lethal, Dazzled)

Round 2
Ellena
Raine
Karas
Avelina
Tauni
Vermlek 1 (AN) (12 lethal, blind)

Anarya is next.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

On the Table:
1=cleric, 2=oracle: 1d2 ⇒ 1
caster level: 2 + 1d4 ⇒ 2 + (2) = 4
Wisdom Modifier: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Spiritual Weapon: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Force Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Wand Caster Level Check for SR: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Behind the screen:
DC 12
Anarya: Spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Karas: Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Raine: Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
DC 18
Anarya: Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

I'm going to 'bot Anarya, but if she want's to do something different, she can post it when she gets the chance. It won't be hard to ret-con. I rolled random and the spells from the spiritual weapon wand are caster level 4 with a Wisdom Modifier of +2. So it is +5 to hit and does 1d8 + 1 damage, duration 4 rounds.

Anarya ran after Karas, drawing the wand of spiritual weapon as she went. She found herself next to Anarya and within range of the repulsive looking humanoids. She pointed the wand at them and said, "Be careful! I hope this help."

A faintly glowing longsword appeared before the vermleks and began to slash at them. The sword of force looked as if it was going to hit, but then if flickered and its light went out, the spell ended. The Vermleks have SR. The vermlek on the left then began to mutter and gesture in a manner similar to his partner.

Anarya:
The two guards are hideously obese, naked men armed with scythes. She cannot tell what spell the Vermlek is casting.

Karas:
Karas can tell the other Vermlek is also trying to summon something.

Previous Rounds:
Surprise Round
Raine (ranged attack, hit, 8 to Vermlek 2)
Vermlek 2 (Total Defense)

Round 1
Ellena (double move)
Raine (2 ranged attacks, both miss)
Karas (double move)
Avelina (move, casts spell, Vermlek 1 blinded 3 rounds, Vermlek 2 dazzled 3 rounds, 12 lethal to both)
Tauni (double move)
Vermlek 1 (AN) (12 lethal, blind) (FRA using SLA)
Anarya (moves, casts spell from wand, spell fails to get past SR)
Vermlek 2 (LH) (20 lethal, Dazzled)(FRA using SLA)

Round 2
Ellena
Raine
Karas
Avelina
Tauni

Vermlek 1 (AN) (12 lethal, blind)
Anarya
Vermlek 2 (LH) (20 lethal, Dazzled)


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Elena snarled at seeing the awful looking demons, and again quickly moved forward, closing the distance as she did so. By the next round, she'd be engaged with the evil doers.

Could someone move me 40' closer? By my count, I can be within 10' of the left sided demon.

Silver Crusade

Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 91/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|6/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

Thank you for botting me in case I wasn't going to make it! My preferred action would be to sound burst them, but they're out of range. The spiritual weapon is a good substitute given nobody's been injured yet.

Pre-Raid Buffs: Anarya uses her corruption resistance spell-like ability on herself before approaching the Gray Garrison.

Anarya's eyes widened as the spell's magic simply flickered out as it touched the demon. They're magic-resistant! she realized. She knew that more powerful demons were able to simply shrug off lesser spells without effort, and she hoped her own spells were up to the task.

"They're casting something! We have to stop them!" she cried.


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas called back as he charged "They're summoning others!"

For the first time, Raine saw Karas when his blood was alight. The patches of scales grew thicker, his muscles bulged under the breastplate, his eyes began to glow with faint blue light, and his fingernails grew into wicked draconic claws.

Charge Vermlek on the left. using cold iron longsowrd in 2 hands and raging

MW Cold Iron Longsword, Charge, power attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 2 - 2 = 13

damage, Cold-Iron, Power attack, 2 hands: 1d8 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 6 = 14


NG Ranger 7 * HP 60/78 * AC 19|T15|FF13 * CMD 24 * F+6 R+10 W+4 * Init +5 Per +19 (+2 vs traps) | CURRENTLY: +2 per from H.A. |

Raine's eyes widened slightly to see Karas alight with the power of his ancestral line, but questions would have to wait. She hurriedly sent two more arrows flying, hoping to disrupt the magical energies that Anarya and Karas said were in play.

5-ft step, rapid fire, sending one arrow at each demon

Vs 1, FE: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 2 - 2 = 20
Damage, cold iron, FE: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8
Vs 2, FE: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 2 - 2 = 20
Damage, cold iron, FE: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 = 10

Silver Crusade

AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

Avelina rushed up to the broken wall. No longer caught in a blind rush, she finally noticed who exactly she was fighting. Her eyes grew big and her mouth twisted in disgust.

"Lord Hulrun! Kandro Nyserian! By the Goddess, those vermleks are wearing their SKIN."

Avelina puffed up and reddened like a balloon about to pop. This obscenity insulted everyone who served Mendev. No one deserved this indignity. She thought of her own parents and their soldiers, whether the demons thought to violate their bodies with such grotesquery. She threw out her hand like a thrust of a spear out at the vermleks and roared at them with indignation.

"YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS TRAVESTY, YOU FILTHY DISGUSTING VOMITOUS CREATURES. I WILL CARVE YOU FROM THOSE BODIES MYSELF BEFORE YOU DESCRATE THEM FURTHER."

Intimidate to Demoralize (arcana bonus): 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 2 = 27
She will target whichever one looks least injured


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Behind the screen:
Vermlek 1 DC 20 Concentration: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Vermlek 2 DC 22 Concentration: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Ellena covered the ground between her and the demons as fast as she could, but she could tell Karas was going to get to them first. Both Anarya and Karas warned that their motions were prelude to a summoning spell, but then Raine punctured each one with an arrow and the shock of the cold iron biting into them through their protective flesh shocked them into stillness.

Karas reached them and attacked the one who was blinded by Avelina's burst of light. Unable to see Karas, the demon did not adequately defend itself and the cold iron longsword bit into its neck, causing the head to fall to one side, revealing a pallid, five-jawed worm's head with a nasty gash from the sword strike. The jaws flapped silently and then the whole figure collapsed.

Only one Vermlek remained, the one wearing the flesh of Lord Hulrun. Avelina's threat left him wobbling, or perhaps it was the injuries already received. It is disabled.

Round 1
Ellena (double move)
Raine (2 ranged attacks, both miss)
Karas (double move)
Avelina (move, casts spell, Vermlek 1 blinded 3 rounds, Vermlek 2 dazzled 3 rounds, 12 lethal to both)
Tauni (double move)
Vermlek 1 (AN) (12 lethal, blind) (FRA using SLA)
Anarya (Corruption Resistance)(moves, casts spell from wand, spell fails to get past SR)
Vermlek 2 (LH) (20 lethal, Dazzled)(FRA using SLA)[/SPOILER]

Round 2
Ellena (double move)
Raine (2 ranged attacks, both hit, 8 lethal to Vermlek 1, 10 lethal to Vermlek 2)
Karas (charge attack, hits, 14 to Vermlek 1)
Avelina (move, demoralize attempt on #1, success w/ 2 extra rounds duration)
Tauni
Vermlek 1 (AN) (34 lethal, bleeding)
Anarya (Corruption Resistance)
Vermlek 2 (LH) (30 lethal, Dazzled, disabled, shaken)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

Tauni followed up behind Ellena. She made sure to keep the gleaming paladin between herself and the disgusting demons.

Double move, reflected on the map.

Knowledge (planes) 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 to see if she can come up with useful information to share.

Edit: With that roll, I guess they're just a couple of ex-crusaders who have really let themselves go. :P


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Behind the screen:
DC 15
Tauni: Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
DC 10
Tauni: Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Tauni:
Tauni recognizes the figure to the left as Kandro Nyserian except that he's much fatter than he was the last time you saw him. Once Karas attacks, she gets an idea of why he is so big.
There appears to be some kind of worm inside the flesh that was once the traitorous noble. The other figure looks like a bloated version of Lord Hulrun, the leader of Kenabres until its fall.

Tauni kept pace with Ellena, watching the drama at the front doors unfold. The fallen Vermlek was hidden in the sheath of flesh while the other tettered, apparently near death. Something was writhing just below the surface of Lord Hulrun's flesh, like a worm was trying to burst free.

Previous Rounds:
Surprise Round
Raine (ranged attack, hit, 8 to Vermlek 2)
Vermlek 2 (Total Defense)

Round 1
Ellena (double move)
Raine (2 ranged attacks, both miss)
Karas (double move)
Avelina (move, casts spell, Vermlek 1 blinded 3 rounds, Vermlek 2 dazzled 3 rounds, 12 lethal to both)
Tauni (double move)
Vermlek 1 (AN) (12 lethal, blind) (FRA using SLA)
Anarya (Corruption Resistance)(moves, casts spell from wand, spell fails to get past SR)
Vermlek 2 (LH) (20 lethal, Dazzled)(FRA using SLA)

Round 2
Ellena (double move)
Raine (2 ranged attacks, both hit, 8 lethal to Vermlek 1, 10 lethal to Vermlek 2)
Karas (charge attack, hits, 14 to Vermlek 1)
Avelina (move, demoralize attempt on #2, success w/ 2 extra rounds duration)
Tauni (double move)
Vermlek 1 (AN) (34 lethal, stable)(stabilizes)


Anarya (Corruption Resistance)
Vermlek 2 (LH) (30 lethal, Dazzled, disabled, shaken)

Round 3
Ellena
Raine
Karas
Avelina
Tauni
Vermlek 1 (AN) (34 lethal, stable)

Anarya is up.

Silver Crusade

Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 91/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|6/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

Urge to just charge the demon... rising...

Not confident in her ability to avoid striking Karas by accident if she used her sling, and unsure if her magic would penetrate the demons' defenses, Anarya charged forward to join Karas in the fray in the hopes of striking a decisive blow while the demon was weakened. She swung the hollow-headed mace at the repugnant beast, splashing holy water from the holes on the weapon's head onto the dead man's stolen flesh.

Charge: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 2 = 15
Cold Iron Battle Aspergillum: 1d6 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 + 1 = 2


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Behind the screen:
No traps to discover.

Blood pounding in her head, Anarya began to run straight at the abomination. With a stitch in her side, she reached the demon, weapon on high, and brought it down with all her might. The weapon slapped into the body that once was Lord Hulrun and a shower of holy water splashed out. It seemed like a failed effort, but it was enough. The demon slouched against the wall and slid down into a heap next to his dying partner. The vermlek evidently had ways of preserving their host bodies from decay because although the bodies probably died over a week ago, the flesh showed few signs of decay.

Notes:
The AC of a vermlek is 15, so that just hit. And it was at 0 hit points, so even 1 point would have been enough to end the battle. Good thing too, because if it had not died, it would have wriggled out of the host skin, which gives it some healing, and then it was going to cast a mass inflict light wounds spell, which not only would have wounded all within 30 feet but it would have healed the other vermlek, since vermlek are healed by negative energy. So good show, Anarya, and everyone. Note: there is a picture of a vermlek in battle from the AP added near the bottom of the battle map.

The vermlek are still alive but they can be killed by doing another 10 points or so of damage. The mongrelfolk advance to positions where they can provide bow attacks from the ruins near the tower. Irabeth gives a thumbs up, happy to see no one injured and waits near where Avelina had stood, using a remnant of a wall for cover. The party knows that one of the mongrelfolk has a special harness in which rides the portable ram, should the party want to break a door down. Someone in the group, probably Tauni, has the scrolls of silence.

The battle ended with surprisingly little noise. Other than the brief sounds of battle and the statements uttered in melee by the PCs, the vermlek made little noise, but Raine may know why.

Unless it is in melee, I will make perception checks at all doors and other things that open to check for traps and will alert you if any are detected. No need to roll perception. I will further assume if you are not in melee that before entering a new room, you will look for traps in the 4 squares nearest the door. If you want to check for traps anywhere else, let me know. I will roll the perception checks for such things. You can roll for disable device checks.

The doors the demons were guarding were thick and strong, as one might expect for the entry way to a garrison. The doors were closed and there was a keyhole and so apparently a locking mechanism that might be disabled. And as promised by Raine, about 15 feet up above and a little to the left of the front doors was a shutter that looked like it could allow entry.

The shutter is marked on the second floor map and it is 15 feet up. It is a DC 25 climb check to reach it.


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

Before they went inside, Tauni paused over the bodies. "This one was Kandro Nyserian. And this one was Lord Hulrun. Who knows how long these demons were impersonating them! No wonder Kenebres fell; Hulrun was in charge of the city leading up to the assault. Vile creatures!"

Silver Crusade

Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 91/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|6/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

@Clebsch's Note: Whoah! That really was close!

Anarya breathed heavily as the demon fell, astonished at her success. She looked down at the weapon in her hand, proud of what she had done, and unaware of how narrowly her lucky strike had averted disaster. The seriousness of the situation weighed heavily on her, however. As the others quickly moved into position, she knew most of them had probably made such a strike many times before, being far more accustomed to battle than her. She gave Karas a quick smile before moving into position.

What's the plan? Pick the lock? Climb the wall? Anarya will buff Raine, Karas, and Ellena (in that order) with guidance right before we enter. I also have protection from evil if someone feels their defenses are low.


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Might be time for a silence scroll and for Karas and Elena to try to break the door.


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas panted as his fetures returned to normal and returned What has quick smile with a proud one.

He looked to Raine and Ellena and gestures to the door quizzically.


NG Ranger 7 * HP 60/78 * AC 19|T15|FF13 * CMD 24 * F+6 R+10 W+4 * Init +5 Per +19 (+2 vs traps) | CURRENTLY: +2 per from H.A. |

Copy that on GM rolling the perception checks for the traps. I'm effectively at a +20 vs traps for right now (+2 for in favored community, +2 for trapfinding, and +2 for heightened awareness (ten minute buff) ).

Raine started jogging forward as soon as the second vermlek hit the ground, head snapping left and right as she scanned for more trouble. She had another arrow ready on the string, but no demons appeared.

"Nice work," she said to the others with a critical look. "I'd have had to hit and run on things this tough before. Nice to just take the fight to them."

She took the time to spit, briefly, on the body of Nyserian. "Traitor."

As for Hulrun, she looked briefly troubled but held her thoughts on the sometime leader of the Crusades. "These things could speak in my mind. Asked if I was here to give myself to Deskari. Like hell.

"But we better act fast: if they could alert others like that, with their thoughts, then who knows if the garrison is alerted already. Someone, look for the worms and kill them before they burrow off in the rubble. I'll get the door."

The redheaded woman shouldered her bow and quickly retrieved a number of fine wire tools and picks from in one sleeve. She crouched before the lock and set to work, squinting with fierce concentration.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29

One of the arrows she had loosed at the vermleks to no effect had fallen into to the rubble by the gate. Raine snatched it up without a second thought: Nexavaran steel was too valuable to waste arrows, in the besieged war zone that Kenabres had become.

**
Recovering arrows? missed arrow #1, high is good: 1d100 ⇒ 39
Recovering arrows? missed arrow #2, high is good: 1d100 ⇒ 94


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Behind the screen:
DC 0, plus distance, +5 door
Avelina: Perception, door, 40': 1d20 - 4 - 5 - 4 ⇒ (10) - 4 - 5 - 4 = -3
Ellena: Perception, door, 40': 1d20 - 1 - 5 - 4 ⇒ (7) - 1 - 5 - 4 = -3
Karas: Perception, door, 30': 1d20 + 9 - 5 - 3 ⇒ (5) + 9 - 5 - 3 = 6
Raine: Perception, Kenabres, heightened awareness, door, 30': 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 2 - 5 - 3 ⇒ (15) + 14 + 2 + 2 - 5 - 3 = 25
Tauni: Perception, door, 40': 1d20 + 10 - 5 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 10 - 5 - 4 = 16

DC 20, door, distance
Tiefling Rogue 1: Perception, door, 40': 1d20 + 5 - 5 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 5 - 5 - 4 = 8
Tiefling Rogue 2: Perception, door, 40': 1d20 + 5 - 5 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 5 - 5 - 4 = 10
Tiefling Rogue 3: Perception, door, 40': 1d20 + 5 - 5 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 5 - 5 - 4 = 11
Tiefling Rogue 4: Perception, door, 40': 1d20 + 5 - 5 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 5 - 5 - 4 = 14
Tiefling Rogue 5: Perception, door, 40': 1d20 + 5 - 5 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 5 - 5 - 4 = 16
Tiefling Rogue 6: Perception, door, 40': 1d20 + 5 - 5 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 5 - 5 - 4 = 1

Karas, Raine, Tauni:
These PCs hear voices in conversation on the other side of the door. There seem to be about a half dozen. They are speaking a mix of common, abyssal, and infernal. It sounds like they are playing cards.

Raine gets her picks in place and is almost able to turn a gear to unlock the bolt, but it just slips at the last moment and the attempt fails. DC 30. She may try again. Each time there is a chance the others inside will hear, but the perception DC for this is at least 20. The door is strong but not barred, so the break DC is 23. The ram adds +4 but requires 2 people. Both Roll Strength check and average results.

Silver Crusade

Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 91/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|6/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

Anarya touches Raine, Ellena, and Karas to imbue them with her magic. (Guidance) She stops beside Karas and lays a hand on his shoulder, meeting his gaze with a determined smile. A faint glimmer from her halo passes into him to shield him from harm. (Protection from evil). She moves out of the way of the door as Raine works to open it.

One of the great perks of being deaf is that all of Anarya's spells are silent, so there's no sound to overhear!


NG Ranger 7 * HP 60/78 * AC 19|T15|FF13 * CMD 24 * F+6 R+10 W+4 * Init +5 Per +19 (+2 vs traps) | CURRENTLY: +2 per from H.A. |

*shakes fist at the dice gods*

Raine's expression flickered with irritation as the delicate pick slipped at the last moment. "Bloody gods," she muttered under her breath, and wiped a trickle of sweat from her forehead with the back of one gloved hand. She then yanked off her gloves, to better feel the minute sensations of clicks and yielding inner mechanisms through the pick. "Almost had it, but it's a good lock. Gimme one more try and if not, then let's batter down the door with some silence to hide us. It'll take us too long to try and climb to that shutter I think, unless anyone's got a quick way up."

The quiet touch of Anarya made her look up, but she nodded shortly at the other woman's divine assistance.

Disable device with guidance?: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19

This time she made less progress, growling a barely-audible curse beneath her breath as the pick got stuck and she had to carefully wrench it loose.

"...if I had time," she muttered. "I'd get it. But we don't have time. Let me get outta your way. We need that ram"

She pulled back to let Karas and Ellena take the front.

Odds are against me for picking that in a timely fashion, we might be better served via the smashy smashy. Hopefully we can do it in three rounds for the silence spell's duration.

Silver Crusade

Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 91/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|6/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

A couple of aid anothers, a guidance, a good strength check from a raging Karas - betcha it goes down in one hit. I'll redo guidance once we're in place.

Once the ram was in place, Anarya pulled out the scroll of silence and read the magical words in her mind. With a a simple gesture, she laid her palm on the battering ram itself, and all sound around her vanished. She looked at the others, wondering if the spell had worked, but the change in their facial expressions told her it had.


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

"I hear voices on the other side. I don't think they are alert yet. But even with a silence spell, pounding on the door is sure to alert them." She paused then added "It still may be our best course of action, we just need to be ready for them."


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

After returning Anarya's smile, Karas had a moment of inspiration. "Didn't Aravashnial give us a chime to open locks? Would that work without all the noise of use bursting the door?"

Silver Crusade

AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

Avelina briefly considered immediately fulfilling her threat and carving off the skin from the vermleks, but she realized that:

1. They were in the middle of an assault and lacked the time
and
2. Such a task would be extremely gruesome and bloody, and she had little stomach for such things.

Instead, Avelina smiled and threw her hand up in the air as she cast a spell on the party.

"A Single Sublime Instant!"

Avelina casts A Single Sublime Instant Moment of Greatness on the party. During the next 4 minutes, each of us can expend it to double a morale bonus for one roll

Moment of Greatness will be useful if Anarya blesses us. If Avelina uses Heroic Echo first to increase the bless to +2, that would mean moment of greatness would double it to +4 :)


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]
Karas Argentus wrote:
After returning Anarya's smile, Karas had a moment of inspiration. "Didn't Aravashnial give us a chime to open locks? Would that work without all the noise of use bursting the door?"

"Yes, indeed!" Reaching over her shoulder, Tauni pulled a mithral tube from her pack. "When everyone is ready..."

Tauni caster level check with chime 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

So, for the chime of opening to work, I'd need to roll a 19 or 20? Am I missing something?

Silver Crusade

Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 91/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|6/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

Sounds like it. You roll a DC 30 check with a +11. Shall we do the silence + Battering Ram after all?

Whatever we do, Anarya does this first:
Anarya coordinates her magic with Avelina, and casts bless from the wand just before the silence is cast.

Karas, remember that you can double your bloodrage morale bonus to strength, too. One of my favorite tactics in PFS is to strike an opponent, and use moment of greatness to double your bonus on the damage roll to strike REALLY hard. You elect to use it as you make the roll, so you can save it for a strike you already know has hit!


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Elena Strength check plus Guidance with Battering Ram 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 1 + 4 = 29

Elena grabbed the battering ram, and nods at Karas. It was time for the two of them to earn the party admittance into the fort. She closed her eyes and stepped forward with all her might, striking the door. The Silence spell held true for the group, thankfully.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

Bless/Heroic Echo/Moment of Greatness don't add to strength checks; those buffs are for what we will inevitably fight inside. We can assist your strength check with the battering ram, at least

The break DC is only 23, so it prob doesn't matter though haha


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Thanks, Avelina. Edited last post...


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

A Ret-Con is in order. I believe it was Anarya's intent to cast guidance on Raine and the others before attempting the disable device check. I assume she would also wait for the casting of the bless and moment of greatness spells. Assuming that, then Raine's disable device result would go from 29 to 30 and it would work, also reversing her complaint against the gods. So the lock opens, the chime and silence scrolls have not been used and the battering ram is still back with the mongrelfolk. Let's start from the point that the lock has opened but the door is not yet opened. Since you all know there are enemies within and nearby but they have not yet detected you, everyone can take a move or standard action in any order, after which I'll roll initiative and the next battle will commence.

Spells in place: Duration is as of completing the last 2 spells.
Guidance on Ellena (7 rounds)
Guidance on Karas (8 rounds)
Protection from Evil on Karas (4 minutes - 1 round)
Bless: +2 for the first 4 rounds; then +1 for 6 rounds.
Moment of Greatness: Each PC has 1 use to double morale bonus of bless or another spell; must be applied before making roll.

Let me know if I've missed anything or misinterpreted the effect.

I'll describe what can be seen as people post actions and get through the door. Remember that opening a door is a move action, so whoever opens the door cannot take any other action until round 1 of initiative. As it happens, there are no enemies in the room on the other side of the door, so I'll describe the room below. If everyone who moves does so using stealth, make the stealth roll and there is a chance some enemies might still be surprised if they don't make sufficient perception checks.

The foyer of the main entrance: Along the northern wall of this room, a frieze depicts a line of mounted crusaders crashing over a horde of twisted demons. The crusaders’ faces have been obliterated and vile graffiti is carved over the entire scene. Fresh blood stains the floor. There are open doorways leading east and west. The ceiling is 15 feet high. All rooms are 15' high, unless otherwise noted.

Silver Crusade

Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 91/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|6/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

It seems that a bit of help from the gods was all Raine needed after all, if guidance tipped her over the edge!

I neither want to be the first one in the room nor the front line, so I'll spend my surprise round action silently renewing the guidance on Raine.

Anarya laid her hand on Raine's shoulder and another glimmer of light danced from her fingertips into the woman's body. She could feel the presence of a helpful influence in her movements.


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

When Raine indicated that the lock was picked, Tauni nodded approvingly, impressed by the ranger's skills. Before the door was opened, Tauni cast a couple of spells to help her spot foes and to protect herself.

Casting See Invisible and Mage Armor.


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas nodded and laid an encouraging hand on Anarya's shoulder as he stepped through the breach and made ready to fight.

I'll take the first step in and see what I can see.


NG Ranger 7 * HP 60/78 * AC 19|T15|FF13 * CMD 24 * F+6 R+10 W+4 * Init +5 Per +19 (+2 vs traps) | CURRENTLY: +2 per from H.A. |

I can absolutely live with that ret-con!

Satisfied when the lock clicked open, Raine backed away and offered a rare smile to Anarya. She'd have said more, but she didn't know the hand-speech that Anarya seemed to favor, so hopep that her awkward smile sufficed as thanks.

She moved out of Karas's way, and put her lockpicks away once more.

Silver Crusade

AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

Avelina stood back as Karas entered. She prepared herself to strike, should foes converge upon him.

Gonna stay back for now to avoid getting stuck in melee, if dudes come out

Silver Crusade

Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 91/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|6/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

Make a stealth check as you enter, Karas, just in case. We could still get the drop on them.

2,501 to 2,550 of 3,893 << first < prev | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Clebsch GM Wrath of the Righteous Adventure: Book 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.