Clebsch GM Wrath of the Righteous Adventure Path

Game Master Clebsch73

Six people hold recovering the Sword of Valor, if they can retake the fortress city of Drezen and strike into the Worldwound itself.

Party Loot

Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress


401 to 450 of 3,911 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Since the cave fisher snagged Anarya from a point not directly above her, I moved her figure somewhat toward the position of the cave fisher. She will generally be swinging back and forth as the line is drawn upward, so position is approximate.


Goblin Jester of Ustalav, Franti the Fool | HP 31/31 | 0 Nonlethal | AC 18| 8 Smiles | Gear/Rolls | Theme Song (Battle) | 1/3 Terendelev Scale (Alter Self) | Party Loot

Franti took a quick dash towards the exit. Before his foot hit the ground, the Cave Fisher made its attack. The fool pivoted on his heel, scurried through his bag for his dagger. He gripped it by the cold-silver blade, kissed the hilt for good luck, and threw the knife at the filament that held his friend high.

Attack Roll on Filament: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Confirm: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Dagger Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4
If Crit Dagger Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Silver Crusade

Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 88/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|5/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

Escape Artist: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10

After the chitinous beast missed Tauni, its filament lashed out, lightning-fast, wrapping around Anarya's body. The young woman yelped in fear as the impossibly strong strand yanked her from the floor, swinging her across the cavern as she was dragged inexorably upwards. She struggled, desperately trying to wriggle free of the sticky snare, but it was stuck fast. She looked up at the terrifying monster far above her, lurking hungrily in the crevasses of the cavern ceiling. She was rewarded to see the Fool's flashing dagger slice across the filament, nearly cutting all the way through, and cried out with elation and relief. "You've nearly got it! Another cut and it will snap!"


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

Tauni followed Gwerm as he retreated to the relative safety of the passage entrance. When she turned back and raised her crossbow to attack, she was just in time to see the fool's lucky throw. Unable to imagine matching that shot at the filament, she lowered her crossbow enough to get off a quick spell.

Casting Grease on Anarya, coating her to give her a +10 with Escape Artist checks.

"Master Gwerm, watch down the passage to make sure this noise doesn't attract anything else. Call out if you see or hear anything!" And then she adds more quietly "You too, Cobblepaw."


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Can Ellena make a melee attack on the filament? I think she could get to 10' high with her arm over her head and swinging a sword. If I can't, let me know and I'll try something else.

The paladin moved and leapt at the strand holding her friend aloft. She swung her sword, trying to slice into it and free the heavenly Anarya.

Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

On the Table:
Ellena Acrobatics, ACP: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (16) - 4 = 12
That's good for 3 feet high + 5'9" + 2 feet arm length + 3 feet sword length = 13'9" The sword would have to reach 10' + Anarya's height + 1 foot = at least 16 '.

With a mighty leap Ellena tried to cut the filament, but she was not able to reach high enough with her sword to reach above where Anarya was stuck to it.


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas gasped as Anarya was stuck and the others failed to free her. He broke into a run and tried to grab her to help weigh down the Fisher.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Grapple: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Silver Crusade

Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 88/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|5/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

Anarya tried to grab Karas's hand as he leapt, assisting his attempt to grab her however she could.

The following isn't an action yet, since I've already gone for the round, but Anarya is essentially letting Karas know what she's about to do. Unless you don't mind letting me skip the turn I spent attempting an impossible skill check...

The sight of Karas diving in to save her stirred a memory in Anarya's mind suddenly. Terendelev... the scale! Anarya suddenly realized what she needed to do. "Karas, get beneath it!" she called out. "Terendelev's gift - it can carry you!" As she said this, the magic of the scale began to flow forth from her outstretched hand, summoning silvery clouds to envelop the muscular tiefling and carry him skyward.

She'll be doing the actual activating of the item on her next turn, unless you want to let me go ahead and do it now.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

Avelina nearly began hopping with giddy joy as she saw Karas leap to the rescue of his "fated love" Anarya.

"Kara--err...we will have you down soon enough, Darling!"

Avelina reloaded her crossbow, taking aim and firing once more.

Attack with Light Crossbow: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4
Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Crit Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5

As the bolt struck the creature, she smiled smugly to herself.

That hit last time, so I'm assuming it would again

"I am certainly glad this device decided to work properly in this battle. Clearly, I will not miss again."

Says the girl with the +1 to hit >_>


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

On the Table:
Karas was able to jump 2 feet. A person 5'8" tall with arm extended can reach to about 7 feet above him. So his hand only reaches 9' but Anarya's feet are 10' above the ground.

Karas too lept after Anarya, but his hand came a foot short of the Anarya's feet.

Avelina hit the creature with another bolt, just inches from a vulnerable spot that would have done much more damage.

On the Table:

CMD = 10 CMB to pull upward: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Anevia: Short Bow 1, rapid shot: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 2 = 5
Anevia: Short Bow 2, rapid shot: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 - 2 = 9

The cave fisher continued to pull Anarya upward another 10 feet.

Horgus retreated further away from the chaos.

Anevia said to Aravashnial, "The cave fisher has Anarya but I think we can kill it before it gets her up to its body. Save your spells for now."

As she talked she fired another two arrows, but each of these hit only cave wall.

Aravashnial remained against the wall, awaiting word of something he could do.

Round 2
Anevia
Aravashnial
\/Yet to act\/
Franti
Tauni
Anarya (entangled, 20' off ground)
Ellena
Karas
Avelina
Cave Fisher (-18)
Horgus

Anarya:
Anarya's scale can cast levitate on a willing target up to 70' away. It is a standard action to activate it but it requires no concentration check. However, you have to mentally direct the motion, which seems reasonable that this action requires a concentration roll on your part, DC 15. This effort is a move action. The spell can move the recipient up to 20' each round. The cave fisher is pulling Anarya up at a rate of about 10' per round.


Goblin Jester of Ustalav, Franti the Fool | HP 31/31 | 0 Nonlethal | AC 18| 8 Smiles | Gear/Rolls | Theme Song (Battle) | 1/3 Terendelev Scale (Alter Self) | Party Loot

Dibs on next ranged weapon ;), Counting Anarya's relief and elation on the knife throw as a smile

Franti looked through his bag once more, seeking a second item that could do the trick. The fool was amazed his dagger actually landed. Perhaps I do have heroic potential, he thought with a smile.

But his smile drained when all he had that could be thrown were juggling balls. It was one of the few moments in his life that these round, rainbow sacks had ever failed him. Defeated, he looks around the room for his dagger, picking up the blade.

Move Action to go to dagger, Standard to pick up. Move me as appropriate, not sure where it would have landed. Can I make a called shot to throw the dagger at the same area? Are called shots allowed in this campaign?


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

On the Table:

horizontal: 1d6 ⇒ 1
vertical: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Franti moved across the floor as Anarya dangled above, looking for his dagger.

The rumaging in his pack would take a standard action, so he has moved to next to the dagger on the ground, near the entrance to the cave, but he has not picked it up yet.

Hitting the same spot:
Hitting the same spot on the filament would be at significant minuses. I don't normally use the optional called shots rules, but in this case, I would use the rules as a guideline for hitting the same spot on the filament. That means it would be at -10 just to hit, but there are further penalties for range. The hit spot on the filament is currently 30' above the ground and may be 40' up by next turn. Called shots double the range penalties. For a dagger, the range increment is 10' so that would make the penalty for range an extra -8 (-2 per range increment x 2 range increments beyond 10' x 2). So that's -18 to hit the same spot.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Error Correction: The Round number is 3, not 2 as placed in the most recent post showing initiative order.

This spoiler contains rolls I need to make for another pending situation.

Behind the screen:

Ak: Stealth: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35
Anarya: Perception (non-sound): 1d20 ⇒ 17
Avelina: Perception: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (7) - 4 = 3
Ellena: Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11
Franti: Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Karas: Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Tauni: Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Anevia: Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Horgus: Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Sinsek: Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

Tauni does her best to predict the cave fisher's movement as Anarya swings from its line. When she thinks the time is right, she looses a bolt at it.

Prescience 1d20 ⇒ 6

Crossbow to hit 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Damage 1d8 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas remained in place at Anarya's call and waited to be lifted by the scales gift or to catch the Aasimar if the creature died and dropped her.

"Don't worry! We've got you!"


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

After Karas called out, Tauni mumbled, too quiet for anyone except Gwerm to hear, "Well, maybe she should worry a little..."


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Ellena, without her shortbow and quiver, had nothing to contribute to getting the angelic creature out of the nasty roping of the fisher. "I cannot get to her! Can the rest of you bring her down?! I don't have a decent ranged weapon!"

I must find another bow! Inheritor, if it's your will, please let us find a way to save her!.

Total defense.

Silver Crusade

Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 88/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|5/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

I disagree that mentally directing an ongoing levitate spell would require a concentration check. That would mean a wizard casting the spell conventionally would need to roll twice to use the spell, and then another roll every subsequent round he wants to adjust the height. Obviously it's your call, but that's my thought process on it.

EDIT: Found a source for it.

Concentration: 1d20 + 19 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 19 + 5 = 27

Of course, since concentration relies on your caster level, and the caster level for these scales is hilariously high, it's ultimately moot.

Anarya called out to Karas. "Karas, JUMP!" As the tiefling leaped into the air, she willed the scale's magic to lift him higher, carrying him upwards towards her. Swirling clouds formed at his feet, a rising platform carrying him aloft. As Anarya swung past, she ducked her head to let him slash out at the dangling filament trapping her in the air.

Hopefully all he needs is a few feet of elevation to be able to reach the filament above my head and either break it or cut it (5 damage from a claw (or sword) at AC 14 seems easier than hitting a 20 on a strength check). At this point, freeing Anarya concerns me more than getting him all the way to the ceiling, since Anevia seems capable of killing the fisher (and I can help with my sling once I land, if I'm still conscious after the falling damage).


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

if she can get me close enough in the air I will take a longsword swing at the rope of possible and try to catch her. Up to :) for how much of that is doable but if the filament is sticky enough it should be as simple as touching it.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Thanks for the correction on the concentration. That's one challenge of Pathfinder: no matter how long you've played, you continue to encounter new situations and learn new facets of the rules.

Tauni's crossbow bolt did not hit. After Anarya activated her silver scale of Ternedelev, a cloud roiled up at Karas' feet and he began to move slowly upward.

At the start of Karas turn, he is level with Anarya and could attack the filament with claw or sword. Claws do slashing and bludgeoning damage, so either will bypass the DR/slashing 15.

Fighting while levitating:
A levitating creature that attacks with a melee or ranged weapon finds itself increasingly unstable; the first attack has a -1 penalty on attack rolls, the second -2, and so on, to a maximum penalty of -5. A full round spent stabilizing allows the creature to begin again at -1.

Round 3
Anevia
Aravashnial
Franti
Tauni
Anarya (entangled, 20' off ground)
Ellena
\/Yet to act\/
Karas (levitating, 20' off ground)
Avelina
Cave Fisher (-18)
Horgus

Behind the screen:
Horgus: Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Horgus: Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas floated up to level with Anarys and looked her in the eyes. "I'm going to try and cut you down. Try to grab a hold of me!"

His claw free as his blood boiled and he struck at the rope.

claw 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
claw damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
claw 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
claw damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Silver Crusade

Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 88/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|5/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

Acrobatics: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13

Anarya tried her best to grab Karas as she fell. Mostly, though, she was just glad to no longer be dragged upwards toward the monster!

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

Avelina held her breath as Karas heroically swept in to Anarya's rescue. As his claws severed the filament holding Anarya up, Avelina finally exhaled all-at-once, almost loosing her balance as she is utterly overcome with delight.

"Oooooh! I just knew you would rescue her, Brave Karas!"

Realizing that, yes, there still is a battle going on, Avelina finally reloaded her crossbow and fired again--

Attack with Light Crossbow: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4

--though her attention was obviously completely on her companions and not the strange cave creature.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

See discussion thread for instructions on what to do next.

Karas easily severed the filament, but when he did, gravity resumed its relentless pull on Anarya. She tried to grab onto Karas, but the sticky web bound her arms. Karas shifted his legs to give her something to grab hold of.


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Ellena moved underneath the two party members high in the air above her. "Back all! I might have to catch them! Keep hitting the spider thing!"


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas Reached for the falling woman.

Acrobatics Aid: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Reflex Aid: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

On the Table:
Anarya still has to make a Reflex save, at +2 for Karas' aid.
Anarya: Reflex, entangled, aided: 1d20 + 1 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 1 - 2 + 2 = 3

Anarya grabbed at Kara's leg, but then the grease covering her made it impossible to keep her grip, even with Karas shifting his legs to try to help her hold on. She plummeted toward the ground but Ellena tried to catch her.

On the Table:

DC 15
Ellena: Acrobatics, ACP: 1d20 + 0 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 0 - 4 = 4
Anarya: Falling Damage, 20': 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5
Ellena: Falling damage, Anarya hitting her: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Ellena was not able to time her move and instead of catching Anarya got hit by Anarya and both were injured but alive.

The cave fisher gave out a little gurgle of irritation at losing its victim, but it merely bit off the filament and ejected another at another target.

On the Table:

Target: 1-3 Karas (he's closer now), 4 Anarya, 5 Avelina, 6 Ellena, 7 Franti, 8 Tauni, 9 Anevia, 10 Aravashnial
target: 1d10 ⇒ 8 = Tauni
Cave Fisher: Filament, touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

It sent another filament toward Tauni, but it missed badly.

Just after than Horgus backed into Tauni, saying, "Ghost!". He pointed into the next section of tunnel at something, fear painted on his face.

On the Table:
Anevia: Shortbow, rapid shot: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 2 = 5
Anevia: Shortbow, rapid shot: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 5 - 2 = 18
Arrow Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Anarya sends 2 more arrows at the cave fisher. One misses but the second hits. The cave fisher lets go of the roof and tumbles toward the ground from 50 feet up, landing next to the prone figures of Anarya and Ellena.

This melee is over, but we will continue in initiative order because there is something Horgus has noticed that needs to be investigated.

There is a moment of silence except for the gasps of the people who just fought the cave fisher. Then everyone [except Anarya] hears the soft but distinct sound of a girl crying coming from the direction of the tunnel entrance that Horgus just vacated. Aravashnial listens and begins to move toward the entrance, feeling along the wall.

Behind the screen:

Avelina: Perception: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (15) - 4 = 11
Ellena: Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12
Franti: Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Karas: Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Tauni: Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Anevia: Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Aravashnial: Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Horgus: Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Round 4
Anevia
Something unknown
Aravashnial
\/Yet to act\/
Franti
Tauni
Anarya (prone, entangled, greasy -5)
Ellena (prone, -5)
Karas (levitating, 20' off ground)
Avelina
Horgus


Goblin Jester of Ustalav, Franti the Fool | HP 31/31 | 0 Nonlethal | AC 18| 8 Smiles | Gear/Rolls | Theme Song (Battle) | 1/3 Terendelev Scale (Alter Self) | Party Loot

Franti winced as Anarya slipped through Karas' grasp and partially covered his eyes as she fell on Ellena. Though resolved not to laugh, he began to chuckle at the prone pair. He laughter was cut dead when he heard the cries of the girl, and Horgus' mention of a spirit.

The fool leaned over, picked up his dagger, and hustled quietly to the nearby Avelina. "He tried, Brave Karas. So close. Almost. We've slain giant crabs and now we face Ghosts?" The fool had never seen or heard a specter, but had heard many a tales from that some haunted the old manors of his hometown of Ardeal. He recalled being left alone and locked up in one such house as a "joke" by a "friend." The fool was nervous, but he hid it the best he could.

Picked up Cold Iron Dagger, moved 25' east.


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Ellena groaned, making sure Anarya was not dead. Once she saw breathing, she pushed the girl off her and regained her feet. She again grabbed her sword and prepared to go investigate the ghost.

Id think that would be a full round of actions.

Silver Crusade

Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 88/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|5/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

Anarya groaned from the pain as she slammed into the ground, but quickly rolled to the side as she saw the cave fisher plummeting to the chamber floor, narrowly missed by the falling crustacean. She quickly willed the silvery clouds to lower Karas to the floor, and channeled the healing power of her light to herself and Ellena.

Channel Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Move action to lower Karas, standard to channel. 3 points of healing to Ellena, 5 to Anarya (two extra from Fey Foundling).

As usual, her own injuries responded to the healing magic exceptionally well, and in mere moments she was unhurt. As Ellena clambered to her feet, Anarya saw the others looking with concern at the tunnel opposite where they had entered. Another threat? Horgus must have spotted something in the darkness - he looks terrified! she thought.

Ending the turn still prone.


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

On the floor now, Karas shook his head back to normal and ended his blood rage. Fatigued by the exertion, He stood there for a moment catching his breath and looking over to Anarya and Ellena. He was visibly relieved that they were alright.

Free action, End bloodrage. Fatigued for 2 rounds. No further action this round.


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

Tauni turned and stepped to try and get a better look at what frightened Gwerm so. With her crossbow lowered so she doesn't seem threatening herself, she dipped two fingers into her pouch and held a pinch of sand (just in case) and she waited until others came with light.

Five foot step (reflected on map) and ready action to cast Color Spray if threatened.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

The picturesque sight of Karas holding Anarya as they floated down was disrupted by the sudden interjection of reality, as Tauni's grease spell caused her to slip out of his hands. Avelina's well-trained selective memory almost instantly rewrote the ending in her own mind.

She heard the sound of a lonely young girl's tears, which subconsciously prodded at repressed memories of her own childhood pains, and she rushed towards the sound.

"There's a girl crying! We should run to her aid."


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Not sure if Tauni or Avelina has a light source. Just for convenience, would any character with a light source active indicate it in their header? For Anarya, she can indicate when her halo is on and how bright (normal maximum is same as light spell). If a character has no light source, don't put anything. Thanks.

I looked it up in the gameplay thread; Avelina has a light spell on her sword.

Avelina, Tauni:
The two PCs could see by the light of Avelina's sword tip that there appeared to be a small (i.e. hobbit or human child size) figure standing across the room. This figure appeared to be the source of the crying. Her appearance was startling, however. She was translucent, appearing as incorporeal creatures do. She appeared humanoid, but her face had greenish scales covering roughly half of the face. Her left hand looked like a reptile hand with claws. She was wearing a white dress with splotches of dark red staining it over places on the torso. When the light appeared, she stopped crying and looked up and said, "Are you my mommy? I can't find my mommy!"

Horgus moved a bit further away from the entrance and said, "There is a ghost of a little monster. It has blood on it and a clawed hand and some sort of green growth on its face!"

Anevia knocked an arrow but kept her bow pointed down as she moved toward the entrance, moving in front of Aravashnial so he could put a hand on her shoulder and follow.

Edit: Horgus moved over next to Anarya and offered a hand to help her up when she was ready to stand.

Map Note: A prone figure will be indicated by rotating the icon 90 degrees. An unconscious figure will be rotated 180 degrees.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Behind the screen:
Anarya: Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Avelina: Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Ellena: Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Franti: Knowledge (Religion, untrained): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Karas: Knowledge (Religion), untrained: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Tauni: Knowledge (Religion), untrained: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Anevia: Knowledge (Religion), untrained: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Aravashnial: Knowledge (Religion), untrained: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Horgus: Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

Avelina:
Avelina knows that ghosts have many different ways of existing in the corporeal world, with many ways of being either a threat or a help. She knows that most all ghosts are hard to damage with weapons unless they are magic and even then they do half damage only, unless they have the ghost touch ability. See this link and this one for details.

She also knows that even if you "kill" a ghost, it will usually return unless something was done to negate the reason it remains behind.


Goblin Jester of Ustalav, Franti the Fool | HP 31/31 | 0 Nonlethal | AC 18| 8 Smiles | Gear/Rolls | Theme Song (Battle) | 1/3 Terendelev Scale (Alter Self) | Party Loot

Franti moves south, quickly removing the bells off of his boots and from his hat, placing them in his bag. He wanted to sneak a peek at the ghost, but didn't want to alarm it, so Franti watched from a distance. The fool hid in the darkness while his lighted friends grew closer to the ghost.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Unfortunately, removing the bells made quite the ruckus. Franti slinked into the wall, sad that he was unable to see the ghost at his current location. Closer, he thought, And I'll catch a glimpse of her to tell Opaline about. A smile crept over his face, though there was little light to show it.


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

Tauni does not have her own light source; her first sunrod burned out while they rested and she hasn't ignited her second one.

Silver Crusade

Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 88/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|5/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

Anarya has her halo on. Any time she's in the pitch-black underground, she'll probably keep it at the brightness of a torch to illuminate as much as possible.

Anarya smiled thankfully at Horgus as he helped her to her feet. "Thank you," she said warmly. Brushing dust off her clothes, she walked over toward the tunnel further on, wondering what the others had encountered.


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas walked toward the cavern opening with the others as he puffed and caught his breath.

unsure if we're still in rounds. Let me know if 2 rounds pass for my fatigue please.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

We can break out of initiative order now, but continue to post actions that only take about a round. Those who have moved up to where they can see into the room see the following:

Standing across the room appeared to be a small (i.e. hobbit or human child size) figure. This figure appeared to be the source of the crying. Her appearance was startling, however. She was translucent, appearing as incorporeal creatures do. She appeared humanoid, but her face had greenish scales covering roughly half of the face. Her left hand looked like a reptile hand with claws. She was wearing a white dress with splotches of dark red staining it over places on the torso.

The room itself looked much like the previous room, with natural ceiling and walls, about 40' x 50'. On the floor were some bits of refuse, perhaps some bones of small animals. The floor was marked with several blackened marks like char where a campfire may have been built.

The figure's voice was high and soft, like a scared little human girl. She was already speaking and late arrivals hear, "... my mommy? We were walking and I got lost! I can't find my mommy!"


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Ellena peeked into the room, seeing the child. Wary of an ambush, the paladin used her ability to detect evil to examine the child from afar. "One of you softer sort it be better at dealing with a child," she whispered to the others. If the creature did detect as evil, she strode to the front of the party to protect them from the evil.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Ellena:
Ellena detected no evil aura around the child or in the room.

Note: I rolled a knowledge (religion) roll for knowledge about ghosts, which are usually undead, which are usually evil, but Ellena got a very low result, so she is not aware of anything odd of a ghost that does not detect evil.


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Ellena informed the others about the ghost's lack of evil nature. "If she isn't evil, maybe we can help her somehow," she suggests to the others. "She's certainly strange looking though. Maybe she's one of those things the Mage mentioned earlier."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Goblin Jester of Ustalav, Franti the Fool | HP 31/31 | 0 Nonlethal | AC 18| 8 Smiles | Gear/Rolls | Theme Song (Battle) | 1/3 Terendelev Scale (Alter Self) | Party Loot

"I am certainly softer," the fool began, giving up any semblance of stealth as he approached Ellena. "Touch my skin. Ever touch anything softer? Carry soap wherever I go to keep it that way." Franti chuckles to himself, walking ahead now and observing the ghostly figure.

The fool looks in his bag, preparing his props. "Not Strange, Ellena, just a young girl. You'll see strange when I start this act." The fool could not decide what tools he wanted to used, and opted to take his entire bag with him. "If I get a ghost to laugh, I'll be a legend!"

Can I Alter Self to be a Mongrelman, or what she is if she is not such a creature/race? If so can you give me the benefits (Darkvision/Swim et cetera) as I don't want to look it up and spoil something.

2nd Question: Can I use a Flask of Oil for my Stage Magic trait.


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

"Oh, dear." Tauni murmured at the sight of the phantom child. She looked over her shoulder at the others. She let the sand in her fingers fall back into its pocket and lowered her crossbow.

Unsure how to address the child, and not sure she could speak with the lump in her throat, Tauni took a pace back and looked to Anarya, silently pleading with her to help.

Silver Crusade

Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 88/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|5/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

Anarya's heart fell when she saw the pitiful apparition. Poor thing! she thought. She may not even know she's dead. She wished she knew more about ghosts and spirits, but knew that if anything could be done to help a tormented soul find peace, she would try to help. As she approached the spectral child, her aura responded subconsciously, shielding her against corruption.

Using my corruption resistance racial spell-like ability (resistance 5 against anything specifically designed to harm good creatures), duration 1 hour.

Anarya walked forward nearer the girl. "Hello, dear. We can help you look for your mother. Where do you live? Is your home nearby?"

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

Avelina swatted Franti away from Ellena.

"I am certain it is nowhere near as soft as mine, thank you very much."

Remembering their situation once more, Avelina then followed after Anarya.

"Hello there, little one. You have no need to fear! The Favored Soul of the Inheritor has been brought here by Her Providence to help."

While Avelina gave her usual self-aggrandizing introduction, the comforting tone of her voice made it clear that she meant it as an honest attempt to comfort the child. Who wouldn't be comforted by the knowledge that the servant of a good deity had come to help them?


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Behind the screen:
Anarya: Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Avelina: Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Bluff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Anarya: Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 5
Avelina: Sense Motive: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1
Ellena: Sense Motive: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (9) - 2 = 7
Franti: Sense Motive: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6
Karas: Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Tauni: Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Mongrelmen are monstrous humanoid type creatures, while the Alter Self spell only works for humanoid type creatures.

The girl drifts a little to one side of the cave exit, looking sternly at woman and the aasimar. "Home was in the city," she points upward, "but mommy said we couldn't live there any more on account of children like me. I saw a pretty light down a tunnel and went to look at it, but when I came back the people had all gone on. I looked and looked but ..."

She paused and looked down at her bloody dress. "I'm dead, aren't I? Bad men found me. They said my family was not coming back for me 'cause I'm a freak. They did bad things to me. I keep trying to go back to see the city, but I can't find a way. Are you from the city?" Again she points toward the ceiling.

Karas:
While it was clear to Karas that the others were moved by the girl's story, something about it did not quite ring true for him. Perhaps he had such long experience isolated from others in horrifying situations, but he suspected that something in her story was not the whole truth.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Behind the screen:
Stealth: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28
Anarya: Perception (non-sound): 1d20 ⇒ 3
Avelina: Perception: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (15) - 4 = 11
Ellena: Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
Franti: Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Karas: Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Tauni: Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Goblin Jester of Ustalav, Franti the Fool | HP 31/31 | 0 Nonlethal | AC 18| 8 Smiles | Gear/Rolls | Theme Song (Battle) | 1/3 Terendelev Scale (Alter Self) | Party Loot

Ah, what a shame. Didn't want to look that up in case of spoilers. I guess shifting into a motherly-Mongrelwoman was a bit messed up.

Franti chooses not to answer on her mortality, instead jumping to the last question the girl had. "We fell from the city, but I come from a lovely, gray place called Ustalav." The fool moves up with a smile, joining the two holy women. He forgot to reattach his bells, and was slightly irked that he did not ring as he stepped. "And it is a place home to much stranger than you or I. My name is Franti, little one. What is yours?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

The fool turns back to face the others, beckoning them with a wide grin and a motion of his hands. The fool was just in the light of Avelina's blade, lit up enough to completely show his enthusiasm, and to tell them it is fine.

401 to 450 of 3,911 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Clebsch GM Wrath of the Righteous Adventure: Book 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.