Clebsch GM Wrath of the Righteous Adventure Path

Game Master Clebsch73

Six people hold recovering the Sword of Valor, if they can retake the fortress city of Drezen and strike into the Worldwound itself.

Party Loot

Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress


351 to 400 of 3,911 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

"I don't know there is much we can do now other just try to make it to the surface. We can report this temple to... to someone. And maybe they can destroy it or reconsecrate it. For now, it is just a respite for us."

Tauni laid down her crossbow heavily on a bench, and sank down next to it.

Silver Crusade

Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 88/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|5/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Anarya recognized the symbol and shivered. Who knows who could have carved that vile mark there, but just looking at it makes me nervous, she thought reluctantly.

"A dwarf should have a cairn," Anarya suggested. "As for holy water... perhaps some remains within the temple." She looked about, optimistic that the temple might have some boon for the weary group.

Perception (Searching the Temple): 1d20 ⇒ 18


Goblin Jester of Ustalav, Franti the Fool | HP 31/31 | 0 Nonlethal | AC 18| 8 Smiles | Gear/Rolls | Theme Song (Battle) | 1/3 Terendelev Scale (Alter Self) | Party Loot

The jester removed his hat, placing it at one of the pews. He took off his curled pink wig, revealing his short black hair. Franti scratched at his scalp, relieving an itch that accumulated throughout the day. He dropped his bag down by the bench, digging through it.

"I have some water of my own. Wholly holy and what not." Franti removes a flask, waving it above his head for any takers. It was part of his kit, and while he wanted to learn how to use it during Armasse, he figured it would be better in someone else's hands. "Courtesy of a Crusaders Kit. Have men like Horgus to thank for that. Many thanks, Gwermy."


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

Tauni smiles warmly at Franti, sincerely pleased that someone else is recognizing the contribution of (what she considers) a chosen of Abadar to the overall cause. "Indeed. Thank you, Master Gwerm."

Having nothing to do that could help with the dwarf's remains, Tauni tried to get some rest to recover the arcane abilities she had used so far.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

Avelina did not look at Karas as he removed his shirt; such behavior would be highly inappropriately intimate. Certainly, there was nothing she was interested in seeing anyways.

However, as the aasimar Anarya administered to the tiefling Karas, the barechested Karas, an action that is quite intimate, a story began to take form in her mind. A tiefling and an aasimar...brought together by the Providence of the Inheritor...the grief of loss binding them together...the tender touch of a healer...it was all so perfect, so beautiful, so romantic. It was one of her "frivolous" novels made flesh and blood, and best of all, she had a part to play.

Avelina looked at the two and grinned. Clearly, the Inheritor had just sent her a Revelation of the fate of these two for the purpose of making Avelina, Her Favored Soul, Her agent and instigator.

Avelina placed a hand on Anarya's shoulder, holding her back.

"I would be happy to take care of searching. You should tend to Karas. In fact, maybe we should all go search around outside for a bit so you can not be disturbed."


Male Elf
Ellena Lovain wrote:
"Mage, you can summon outsiders from heaven? Why didn't you say so? Can you summon ones to get us out of here?"

Aravashnial looked mildly offended and after a pause, merely shook his head and felt for a bench on which to sit. Anevia sat next to him and described what they had encountered and asked him if he knew what it was.

Behind the screen:
Aravashnial: Knowledge (Religion), untrained: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Horgus: Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

Aravashnial just shook his head.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Aristocrat 4

Horgus spoke up and said, "A huecuva forms at the death of a priest or cleric who has cursed the god or goddess he worshiped. They can be real trouble if they get near a settlement, because of their ability to look normal. They try to destroy those who keep the vows they could not. The floating head, that would be a much rarer type of undead. Sometimes called 'beheaded', they sometimes are used as guardians of crypts, protecting the tomb of the corpse buried there. Little is known of how they form. Once we get back to the surface, we can add to what is known about that." He looked more relaxed now that he was in a temple.

When Franti and Tauni later thanked him for the holy water, he nodded and seemed pleased by their words.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress
Avelina of House Galfrey wrote:

She walked over to the huecava to take a look at the journal found on it.

"Let us see what foul deeds this creature was planning, and now--thanks to us--is now incapable of!"

The journal appears to have been written by the living priest. It charts the progress of his efforts to build his shrine to Torag. He built it under the city in hopes of being closer to the "Father of Creation's heart." But after faithfully tending the shrine, he became increasingly impatient for some sign of acknowledgment for his pious act. Perhaps the solitude was getting to him, but eventually, he fell into despair and wrote horrible blasphemies against Torag and took his own life.

The basin in the entry-way contains water, which, according to the journal was filled with healing potions. Closer inspection reveals it to be so. Two potions worth can be collected from the basin.

The shrine can be cleaned up in about two hours if enough people help. The door can be barred from the inside, making it secure.

When Anarya inspects Karas' wound, she finds no obvious evidence of infection, but she knows that filth fever typically takes one to three days to manifest symptoms.

The temple is constructed with vents in the ceiling that will carry any smoke out of the building. Sprinkling holy water on the corpse of an undead usually prevents any more activity and provides some measure of closure for the deceased spirit, although with a huevuva, it's anyone's guess as to what will happen to the spirit of the dwarf.

Behind the Screen:
Anarya: Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Avelina: Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Ellena: Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

None of the party with any knowledge of religion knows much about what to do for a deceased member of the priesthood of Torag, but you can improvise something.

The NPCs seem willing to rest here if others want to do that.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas waited patiently as Anarya bound his wounds before leaning up and raising his hand when Horgus spoke, "I have something they can add. They hurt."

Inspecting his new bandages he smiled to the Aasimar again. "Thank you, Anarya. That feels much better. I think you're right. A dwarf deserves a Cairn and we can probably douse it with enough holy water to keep it from getting back up too."

He stood and left his pack, armor, and tunic in the corner near the bench as he looked to Avelina, "I think everyone wandering about outside would probably be more dangerous." He said walking near her. "We should hold up for the night. I don't know what is going on above and I'm sure its bad, but getting killed on the way up doesn't help anyone. Let's get the cairn built for the dwarf and get some rest."

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 88/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|5/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

"Rest would do us all good. And with what power I have left, I should be able to help with the rest of your wounds." Anarya smiled, letting her aura flow outward again, washing over each of the warriors in the temple.

Channel Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Channel Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 3
That should be more than enough healing!

Anarya looked surprised at Avelina's suggestion. "Binding what remains of his injuries won't take long, you don't need to leave." She smiled at the noblewoman's concern. It was only a few minutes later, gathering stones outside the temple for a cairn, that she realized what the lady might have been suggesting.

She gave profuse thanks to Iomedae that no one was around to see her blush.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

I'm guessing we are turning-in for the night and resting up?

Her expression inscrutable, Avelina ripped the blasphemous pages out of the journal and tore them to tiny shreds. She wanted to make sure they held no more evil power, but she was also troubled by learning of this poor fellow's descent. She took solace in the Eigth Lesson of Iomedae, that even any evil may be redeemed should one be only righteous and pure enough. Such thoughts carried the hint of failure, as certainly one as righteous and pure as her could have redeemed such a person, so she drove such thoughts away before they could take root by turning her attention to her latest project.

"So, I was thinking of arranging watches during the night. It only makes sense, particularly with the numbers of our group, that we take watch in pairs. We wouldn't want some foul shapeshifter dragging off one of us in the night and taking their form!"

She began pacing about, looking at each of the companions.

"Now...who shall go with whom...."

She finally stopped by Anarya and Karas.

"Ah! Clearly you two should stand together. Anarya could make sure your wounds are fine, and Karas is a strong and stalwart fighter. You two can take first watch."

Sense Motive DC5:

Bluff: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
She was faking having to think about it. In fact, getting Anarya and Karas to stand watch together may have been her plan all along.

Avelina walked over to Ellena and took her arm.

"It only makes sense that I should take watch with Ellena, her being my Champion and all. We can take second watch."

She quieted after, apparently having thought there were no more watches to assign. Finally, after wondering why the others were expectantly looking at her, she spoke again.

"Oh, right. There's more. Well, I did my part. The rest of you can figure it out."


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas helped gather the stones for the cairn and didn't manage to notice the blushing.

Once they were finished, he went back inside with the others to move some things about and make the space a bit more livable and defensible. If possible I'd like to clear out some of the rough terrain Pushing the stone pews to the sides of the room and whatnot. and setting up a small fire made of a few torches and any flammable things he could find in the center of the since the room was vented for any smoke. The entire time he remained shamelessly in bandages, breeches, and boots.

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 17

Once Avelina suggested the watches, Karas shrugged and smiled to Anarya. "Seems a fair time to me and its not like there's any particular night down here to put my night sight to use. I suppose that leaves the last watch to Franti and Rabbit?"

He snapped his fingers with a sudden realization, "Someone should probably check those potions the priest had. He was offering one to me before the fight started. They could be tainted."


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Ellena nodded. "Watches are important. No telling what else is waiting on us down here. We need to be careful."

Sense Motive 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

Ellena still is completely oblivious to any machinations that Avelina might be trying to arrange between the tiefling and the Angel.

Shoukd be back to regular posting tomorrow.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Goblin Jester of Ustalav, Franti the Fool | HP 31/31 | 0 Nonlethal | AC 18| 8 Smiles | Gear/Rolls | Theme Song (Battle) | 1/3 Terendelev Scale (Alter Self) | Party Loot

While the stones that Franti moved for the cairn were small, he managed to find spots for them to fill up the monument nicely. He wanted to paint the rocks, or leave polished stones scattering the grave, but it seemed inappropriate. He left the holy water nearby, trusting others to use it better than he could.

Franti looked to Tauni. The fool had almost forgotten that they interacted before the city fell. His face carved a smile when he remembered that Cobblepaw hid somewhere on her person. He mouthed the hare's name, hiding a squeal of glee. "The last watch shall belong to us. I look forward to becoming more familiar with your familiar. Let us sleep, little Rabbit."

The fool began to don a disguise of a normal human. He began to disrobe, humming along a cheery tune, uncaring to the others as he stripped. The leather armor took him time to remove, and he was not accustomed to taking it off. When he removed his armor, the silver scale that was stowed beneath it fell to the floor. The fool observed it for a moment before putting it away.

Franti took off his robes, carefully folding them up. He noticed a tear in the cloth from an earlier encounter, and feared that it would only get worse. He reminded himself to ask around for a needle and thread later. He placed his sunrod onto a pew, and placed his saps and dagger on the ground beside him. He unrolled his bed from his kit. The fool had already tucked himself in when he remembered that he still wore his face paint.

Franti left the cozy confines of his bed. He splashed water from his waterskin onto his face, and had to use his soap to clear the more stubborn paints. The fool appeared not as a fool any longer, but as a young man. He crawled into his bed once more.

"Goodnight Rabbit." he said, rolling to his side. He giggled softly. "Goodnight Ellena. Goodnight Avelina. Goodnight Anarya. Goodnight Silver. Goodnight Horgus. Goodnight Anevia. Goodnight Aravanavashnial" The man's giggles faded as he winded down and he tried to sleep despite still having all of his energy with him.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

The whole cave and temple has a permanent light spell providing constant light, so no need for a fire or other light sources during the time spent in the temple. The start of the festival was to happen at noon, so it is now only early afternoon. There is, of course, no difference between day or night underground. I am assuming you will rest until sleepy and then sleep 8 hours. In any case, nothing wanders by that is capable of getting into the temple, so the time passes without incident and all PCs and NPCs may refresh all spells and other special abilities (except Aravashnial, who cannot read his spellbook to prepare spells).

Anevia and Horgus talked to others if they wished to converse, but they did not initiate new conversations, preferring to brood and rest. Aravashnial, however, approached Avelina, with help from Anevia, and sat with her and talked with her at length (if she was willing). He first asked her how her mother and her aunt (the queen) were when last Avelina was with them. He asked some follow-up questions that indicated he knew them or at least knew enough about their situations to ask after them. Eventually, he told her that he had received a message from Avelina's parents alerting him to the fact that she was coming to Armasse and asking him to tutor her in her magical development and help her to find a suitable position within the community of crusaders, if she needed any such help.

If Avelina is open to such help, he offered it now. If she explained that she was not a wizard or sorcerer, he nodded and proceeded to ask her about the spells she could cast and how she went about it, how she learned to cast her spells and so on. He's not pushy and seems only interested in getting to know her abilities. He eventually says he needs to rest but adds that if she has any questions about spellcraft or anything else, he will do his best to answer them. Throughout, he is very polite, avuncular, even.

Continue to role-play the situation, but when you are all ready, the scenario will proceed the next day after everyone has rested and prepared for the new day. Strike a day's rations from your supplies. You may want to pool your rations so each person does not have to do the bookkeeping separately.

Edit: The two potions in the possession of the huecuva turn out to be two more CLW potions. So you gain a total of 4 counting the water in the basin.

Behind the screen:

Anarya: Appraise: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Avelina: Appraise: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Ellena: Appraise: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12
Franti: Appraise: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Karas: Appraise: 1d20 ⇒ 7
Tauni: Appraise: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Anevia: Appraise: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Aravashnial: Appraise: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31
Horgus: Appraise: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

Franti, Tauni, and Horgus all concur that the war hammer is of masterwork quality, but when checked, it does not detect as magical. FYI: a warhammer is a martial 1-handed weapon, doing 1d8/x3, and weighing 5 lb. The hammer would be worth 312 new.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Goblin Jester of Ustalav, Franti the Fool | HP 31/31 | 0 Nonlethal | AC 18| 8 Smiles | Gear/Rolls | Theme Song (Battle) | 1/3 Terendelev Scale (Alter Self) | Party Loot

Franti's Watch. Took off a day's ration from my kit. I'll save my card tricks for later, maybe when I share a watch with another Low-Wis character.

When Franti was awoken for his shift, he put on a large smile. He donned his robes once more, placed on his leather armor over his jester attire. He waved his hand Tauni erratically, perhaps too excited for taking watch. He offered his cot to anyone who didn't have their own, and removed ink, his inkpen and his journal from his bag. The fool began to write to his "lover." You all are far behind on the Match-making game, Franti has had a romantic arc planned since his creation.

Letter #22 to Opaline

Text:
16th of Arodus
My fair and lovely Lady Opaline,

Kenabres has fallen. The Silver Dragon has been slain, and I wear her scale as a charm of luck. The Storm King has arrived with a plague of demons, and I write to you in the dark recesses beneath the city. I listen for screams from above, but all is still down below. I know not if their voices have been silenced by the abyssal horde but I know we are separated from the chaos above, for better or worse.

There are others with me. A few holy women, a merchant, a tiefling boy, and a rabbit. My spirit is theirs. My charms and smiles are all that keep them from descending to despair. Without me they would surely fall in misery, so it falls to me to lead them on to the surface. Perhaps I’ll die with them. But maybe you were right, my love. Perhaps this fool’s court is the battlefield! A Fool of War! It doesn’t need a punchline!

Your fool will be part of history! The Fifth Crusade! And here I am for its inception. Kenabres crumbles and I am among those that hold it together. And it was your words that have me here, my love. And to be with you once more is what drives me unto tomorrow. When you get this letter, my dear, I’ll be a hero. Have Solismina hold the soldiers of Ardeal. With me, the Crusades need nothing more from Ustalav.

Yours and Always Yours,
Franti


Franti held the silver scale in his hand. He felt something in it, a latent power, a call to action, destiny that this scale had fallen into his hands. He brought his finger over the scale. This is what heroes are made of he thought. Franti put it away as he called Tauni over. "Even a fool must be entertained, Little Rabbit, let us do something fun." The fool reached into his bag, removing a set of face paints. He held the set and a small brush out to the wizard. "Paint me pretty, will you? I have gold, bronze, periwinkle, cobalt, vermilion, white, silver, and chartreuse. Go crazy."


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Marked one day of rations off Ellena's sheet.

Watching the jester prepare, Ellena suddenly felt tired as well, as her adrenaline began rushing from her body. The paladin also pulled out a bedroll, spreading it in a corner of the temple. She took off her armor, revealing her regular traveling clothes underneath. As she normally did, she took a rag from her clothes and shined her armor into a smooth gleam before laying down to rest.

"Everyone needs to try and sleep as much as they can. We need to go much further tomorrow than we did today. We might have a long way to go before we get back to town."

She laid back and closed her eyes, listening to the discussion between Avelina and the Mage, interested in their talk about the pretty young girl's powers.

Silver Crusade

AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

Wait, both of Avelina's parents are supposed to have been dead for a long time. This would be quite a development if they are sending messages....Just wanted to confirm that that's indeed what is going on before writing a response.


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas spent his time on watch mostly quiet unless prompted for conversation.

Upon morning he made ready again, with the magical healing and tending from Anarya last night, he felt as good as new. He checked and removed his bandages before donning his bloodied tunic and armor again. He again repacked his gear and made ready as the others did.

He smiled and watched the antics of Franti in the morning.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress
Avelina wrote:
Wait, both of Avelina's parents are supposed to have been dead for a long time. This would be quite a development if they are sending messages....Just wanted to confirm that that's indeed what is going on before writing a response.

My bad. It was her current guardians who asked Aravashnial to look for Avelina's arrival and to offer to help her settle.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

Her current guardian would be her Aunt, the Queen

Avelina gave Aravashnial a gracious nod. She barely restrained her mouth from a frown, maintaining a certain regal restraint.

"This misunderstanding is unfortunately common. This magic I have been gifted comes directly from the Inheritor herself, and is not mere arcane trifles. It has some similarities, to be certain. I would certainly not deny Auntie after she has so graciously taken care of me, as well."

She realizes many of her spells are normally arcane-only, but that just makes her think she's more special. Also, if Bards (flame dancers specifically) can cast fireballs, anything is possible, right?

She finally smiled and extended her hand to shake Aravashinial's.

"I will accept your assistance, on the condition that you maintain a sense of propriety in regards to my position. As for what I can do, I shall show you!"

She stood and took a position a few feet away so he could take in her whole performance. She ran through the motions of each of her spells without actually casting them.

"Word of the Inheritor is a sonic assault upon the wicked, enough so that it sometimes freezes them in place, unable to act."

Ear-piercing Scream

"Armor of Faith protects me with the invisible, light armor of my Faith in the Inheritor. I would never think of relying upon any other armor."

Mage Armor

"Of course, there are all manner of small trifles as well. I also have an intuitive ability to read any magical writing. I could cast Freezing Ray of Judgment all day. And what true Holy Warrior would not be able to create light! There's also all manner of convenient minor spells I can cast. Cleanliness of the Unblemished Soul allows me to instantly clean everything, for example."

Read Magic, Ray of Frost, Light, and Prestidigitation (she thinks each of the various effects of Prestidigitation is a separate spell)


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

When Tauni awoke, she fed herself and Cobblepaw as she perused her spellbook. She quietly regarded the others over the top of the book periodically, trying to figure out the dynamics between them. It is so much harder to figure out personalities than anything else...

Tauni prepares the same spells she had before.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Aravashnial listens as Avelina describes her spells and how she casts them. He says nothing to contradict her claim the spells are from a divine source.

Behind the Screen:
Aravashnial: Bluff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Anarya: Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Avelina: Sense Motive: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 = 5
Ellena: Sense Motive: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (19) - 2 = 17
Franti: Sense Motive: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
Karas: Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 15
Tauni: Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Anevia: Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Horgus: Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

His taciturn response seems in character, but some in the party, may notice something more.

Anarya, Ellena, Karas:
The wizard made slight frowns from time to time and afterwards seemed to be puzzled by some things he observed.

Come morning or what the party assumed was morning once they'd rested as much as was needed, the spell casters who needed to do so prepared their spells, and the trek to find a way to the surface continued.

The passageway twisted and turned regularly, making it hard to judge what direction the party was going from where they started. The passageway seemed to rise gradually and after two thirds of an hour, Ellena spotted a widening of the tunnel into a larger room or cavern. Peering in, there was no immediate signs of activity. The light sources in use showed a broad expanse of stone floor about 40 feet across and 40 feet wide. The ceiling rises about 50 feet above the floor.

Ellena, the first to see the room, was startled to see shadowy shapes along the walls, but a second look revealed them to be somewhat crudely carved statues making use of the stone that lined the cavern. They depicted crusaders, based on the holy symbols carved with many of the figures, but their features suggested a certain sadness.

Behind the screen:
Cave Fisher: Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
All Perception checks at -5 for distance and -2 for dim light (except Karas).
1 Ellena: Perception: 1d20 - 1 - 7 ⇒ (9) - 1 - 7 = 1
2 Avelina: Perception: 1d20 - 4 - 7 ⇒ (8) - 4 - 7 = -3
3 Karas: Perception: 1d20 + 6 - 5 ⇒ (9) + 6 - 5 = 10
4 Franti: Perception: 1d20 + 3 - 7 ⇒ (18) + 3 - 7 = 14
5 Anarya: Perception (non-sound): 1d20 - 7 ⇒ (11) - 7 = 4
6 Anevia: Perception: 1d20 + 5 - 7 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 7 = 0
7 Horgus: Perception: 1d20 + 2 - 7 ⇒ (8) + 2 - 7 = 3
8 Tauni: Perception: 1d20 + 6 - 7 ⇒ (9) + 6 - 7 = 8
No one notices the cave fisher on the ceiling, giving it a surprise round to act. Target (using numbers by names above) target: 1d8 ⇒ 8

Map link provided at top. As usual, describe no more than one or two rounds worth of activity.


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Before falling asleep, she continued to eavesdrop on the conversation between Avelina and the elf mage. Elena couldnt put her finger on it, but something seemed off in the mage's response. Guess he don't know much about divine type magic.

Elena awoke after getting a good chunk of rest. Surprisingly, the temple to Torag filled her with good spirits. He was a pretty good God after all, she thought, as she awoke and took the time to venerate Iomedae appropriately.

She led the crew, moving at a decent clip, trying to make time on the way back to town. She remained silent as the shadows played tricks all around her. The mighty paladin entered the room, inspecting the closest statue as she did so.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

The cavern the party is entering has a tunnel on the far side from where the party is entering. It is 5 feet wide, similar to the one you are in. There is nothing in the room other than the usual bits of bat guano and such.

Ellena looked closely at one of the statues. It was of a male human wearing light armor, a buckler, a rapier, and with a drum in hand. He had a symbol of Iomedae on his buckler.


Goblin Jester of Ustalav, Franti the Fool | HP 31/31 | 0 Nonlethal | AC 18| 8 Smiles | Gear/Rolls | Theme Song (Battle) | 1/3 Terendelev Scale (Alter Self) | Party Loot

Franti's sunrod had long burned out in his slumber. He left the rod in the temple of Torag, and had not yet replaced it with a torch of his own. The fool held his sap warily in one hand, and traced his finger on the scale of Terendelev in the other.

The fool followed Ellena, looking at the statue and recognizing it's symbol as identical to that half the party wore. "Oh gods, you multiply." The somber statue drained Franti of his happiness. "Can I carve him a smile? I think your Lady would approve. It is almost like redemption if you don't think too hard about it."

Silver Crusade

AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

Ellena woke that morning to find Avelina curled up against her like a kitten, the young crusader princess in a deep sleep with an innocent expression on her face. Avelina was one of the last to wake up, and--in a flurry, she gathered her things and readjusted herself to be at least a bit presentable for the continuation of their journey. Right before setting out, Avelina clothed herself in her "Armor of Faith." Mage Armor for 1 hour

As the party traveled along, she followed right behind Her Champion, holding up her longsword as a light spell shined from its tip. As the cavern and the statues within came into view, Avelina gave a delighted smile.

"Oh, how lovely! Statues of Crusaders! The Inheritor's Blessings are certainly with us today."


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas entered the cavern near Ellena and looked about with curiosity. He walked from statue to statue taking in their features. "I wonder how long these have been down here? Who could have made them?"


Goblin Jester of Ustalav, Franti the Fool | HP 31/31 | 0 Nonlethal | AC 18| 8 Smiles | Gear/Rolls | Theme Song (Battle) | 1/3 Terendelev Scale (Alter Self) | Party Loot

Franti tried pulling Avelina (and her light) down to the next statue. While he had no expectation for it, he wondered if there was a statue for a knight of Picoperi, or another Empyreal Lord. "Not by an artist, that is for sure, Silver. These statues aren't much to look at. Come! Let us see them all!"


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

"You'll do no such carving, Franti! Unless you'd like a shield across the face, that is,"'Ellena hisses in a whisper. She looks around at the others, making sure everyone was still with them. Seeing everyone all together, the paladin again turned her attention to he statue. She'd heard stories, so she looked at each particular item, seeing if any of them were removable gifts from the Inheritor.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

I moved the icons into the chamber. Position yourselves differently if you have a mind to.

Looking at various statues, they were mostly human. There was a non-armored figure, with a wizard's paraphernalia and an emblem of a key on the belt buckle. Horgus was drawn to this one. A female cleric of Desna held a starknife. Another woman wore no armor and minimal weapons, the hand of irori on her chest, possibly a monk; her ears suggested she might have been an elf or half-elf. Most of the rest were fighters, some with Iomedae's sun and sword, some with Sarenrae's winged figure with outstretched arms. The quality of the carving was average, but the effect was moving, particularly the sad expressions.

When Aravashnial entered the room and was told what was there, he got more excited than the group had yet seen him. He made his way to each statue and reached out with his hands to feel the shapes, while Anevia described what his eyes could not see. "There is a legend going back to the first crusade," he explained, "that some crusaders became infected by fell energies from the abyss. When they had children, they were deformed with strange mixes of animal features. Many were stillborn, but most who did not die were shunned. Legend has it they fled underground to avoid persecution. I believe these were portraits of their parents, since they have no evident deformities. Reports have come back from time to time suggesting a tribe of mongrelmen, as these unfortunates are usually called, still lives down here. Perhaps they can help us return to the surface."


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas smirked and glanced at Ellena, "Persecution just for looking different? Sounds like a group I can relate to. Hopefully there are some that can help if the are still so obliged after long years down here."


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

This is GM stuff in preparation for my next post. Do not look.

Behind the screen:

Target: 1d9 ⇒ 6
1 Anarya: Initiative: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (10) - 3 = 7
2 Avelina: Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
3 Ellena: Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 6
4 Franti: Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
5 Karas: Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
6 Tauni: Initiative: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
7 Anevia: Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
8 Aravashnial: Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
9 Horgus: Initiative: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
Cave Fisher: Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Surprise Round
Cave Fisher: Ranged filament +3 (drag) touch attack
filament: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Round 1
27 Anevia
17 Aravashnial
15 Franti
14 Tauni
7 Anarya
6 Ellena
5 Karas
4 Avelina
3 Cave Fisher
2 Horgus


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Ellena returned Karas's stare. "How about their souls, Mage? Are the mongrels good, or are they evil? It's hard to tell which is which if you dont look. You always have to keep an eye open just in case. Until you are sure."

Ellena finally looks away. "If these mongrels do exist, will they be on our side or the demons side?"


Male Elf

Aravashnial shrugged at Ellena's question. "I have not met enough to generalize, but I believe they are neutral more than good or evil. They look after themselves and don't go looking for trouble. I would not assume they are evil. We may need their help and they are likely to be touchy about being judged by the likes of us."


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

Tauni steps up to the statue that Gwerm is at, looking at it closely. Then turning and peering at the others as well. Deep in concentration, she breaks down the clues in their appearances.

Can Tauni tell who they are intended to represent, if anyone? If it is Knowledge (nobility), she has a +8. If it is Knowledge (history), then she's out of luck.

Silver Crusade

Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 88/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|5/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

Do any of the statues have a winged eye symbol, by chance? First Crusade might have been around that time period.

Anarya marveled at the statues after learning of Aravashnial's guess at their origin. She felt a powerful connection to the carvings, stirring memories of sketches she had once drawn as a young girl, curious images of parents imagined rather than remembered. Her attention drawn to one of the more weathered statues, she missed the ongoing bickering of Ellena and Karas as she reached out to touch the timeworn stone.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Tauni did not recognize any of the crusaders. None of them had any of the marks that would suggest he or she was a major leader, such as a general.


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

"I think the statues are just to honor crusaders in general, not particular champions. I wonder how long they've been down here."

"We can treat any mongrels we may encounter like we do humans. With caution, but not assumed hostility."


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Behind the screen:
Anevia: Knowledge (Dungeoneering): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

As Rabbit studied a statue, there was a sound like the whiz of an arrow five feet from where she was standing. Everyone noticed the sound and looked in time to see a strand about the same thickness as spaghetti but translucent with a sheen of something coating it. It whipped back and forth near Tauni but she easily stepped out of reach. Then it shot back up to the ceiling. All eyes followed it up and saw that it dangled from the maw of a creature clinging to the ceiling just above Rabbit.

Anevia gasped and exclaimed, "A cave fisher! Don't let the strand stick to you or you'll be pulled upward!"

The creature looks like a cross between a crab and a preying mantis, medium size, and 50 feet above the spot marked on the map. It would be a DC 15 climb check to advance close enough to engage it in melee. Speed of climb = 1/4 your normal movement.

Round 1 of Melee (no one made the perception roll to notice it, so it got the only action during the surprise round).

Anevia was quick to fire arrows at it.

On the Table:
Anevia: Shortbow 1, Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 - 2 = 10
Shortbow 2, Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 5 - 2 = 15
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

She hit it with one shot but it did not appear to hit anything vital.

Aravashnial backs against a wall and tries to make himself a harder target to hit. Total Defense, making his AC 12

Round 1
Anevia
Aravashnial
\/Yet to act\/
Franti
Tauni
Anarya
Ellena
Karas
Avelina
Cave Fisher (-2)
Horgus

Probably no need to post in melee order this round, assuming most of you will be taking a ranged shot or casting spells.

Silver Crusade

Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 88/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|5/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

I know you gave slings improved damage - did you alter the sling's range increment too? I forget.

It took Anarya a moment to notice the action in the chamber behind her. When she glanced back at her companions, they had begun to spring into action. Looking upwards, she saw the monster just as Anevia's arrow lodged into its side. She drew her sling and let a bullet fly, arcing upward to smash into the creature's hide.

I assume that if Anevia's 15 hit, I can surmise mine hit too.

Attack (Just barely in 2nd range increment): 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 1 - 2 = 17
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Sling damage and range is same as longbow. Reminder: House rules are listed on the campaign tab. The 17 will hit.


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Elena brandished her longsword, readying an action to slash at the creature if it closes to within her weapon's range. "Everyone that can fit, get behind me. I'll deal with this beast!"

Readied attack, if it happens. Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14, Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Goblin Jester of Ustalav, Franti the Fool | HP 31/31 | 0 Nonlethal | AC 18| 8 Smiles | Gear/Rolls | Theme Song (Battle) | 1/3 Terendelev Scale (Alter Self) | Party Loot

As Franti looked to the ceiling, he instantly doubted he could climb to strike such a foe. Perhaps he could strike it with some thrown weapon, but he figured it would lose most its force when it hit the Fisher. The fool drew his second sap, and moved a bit closer to the creature above. "What're its weaknesses, Anevia?!" the fool shouted. While the beast frightened him, the insects and rodents of before had prepared him slightly.

Draw Weapon as Move, Standard to move 30ft South-East.


Female human Rogue 3

"It will stay up there and try to catch one of us in its sticky line. If you can't attack it from here, best get out of the room while you can," Anevia yelled as she reached for another arrow.


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

Tauni gasped at the sight of the creature. She shoved Gwerm decisively toward the nearby tunnel. "Get in the tunnel entrance!" she shouted at him "But no further, so we can keep it from you." She moved herself between him and the fisher, watching it closely to try and avoid any attack.

Tauni is encouraging him to run to the tunnel to the right. I'm not sure if it would need to be a withdraw action or not. Tauni is taking a 5' step (reflected on the map) and taking a Total Defense action.

Silver Crusade

AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

Avelina sneered with disgust at the creature.

[b]"How dare you defile this Sacred place you...you...whatever you are!"[/dice]

SHE drew her crossbow and loosed a bolt.

Attack with Light Crossbow: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4
Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Crit Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas took a step forward to try to present a larger target than Tauni. As brave as she was, he did not want her to get swept up by the thing.

Readied action to grapple Tauni if the fisher tries to stick and reel her in?


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

The creature cannot make attacks of opportunity from 50 feet up.

Avelina's bolt did more damage to the creature, but still it held to the ceiling, reeled in its sticky filament and readied another attack.

On the Table:

Possible Targets:
1 Anarya
2 Avelina
3 Ellena
4 Franti
5 Karas
6 Tauni
7 Anevia
8 Aravashnial
9 Horgus
Target: 1d9 ⇒ 1 (Anarya)
Touch AC = 11 Filament, ranged Touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
CMD = 10 CMB to pull upward: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

The filament lashed out again with blinding speed, this time targeting Anarya. The filament wrapped partly around her and she was immediately yanked upward 10 feet. Ellena tried to cut the filament before it could pull Anarya up but just missed.

Horgus made a break for the tunnel entrance to the right.

Top of round 2. I'm out of time for now so I will roll Anevia's attack later. For options on how to free Anarya, see the Cave Fisher entry.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Anevia continued sending arrow after arrow at the Cave Fisher.

On the Table:
Short bow, rapid shot: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 - 2 = 19
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Short bow, rapid shot: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 - 2 = 9
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Again, one of the two arrows hit, the other missed. The Cave Fisher now had two arrows and a crossbow bolt in it.

Aravashnial said, "I can summon something, but I don't want to unless it is the only way to defeat it."

Round 2
Anevia
Aravashnial
\/Yet to act\/
Franti
Tauni
Anarya (entangled, 10' off ground)
Ellena
Karas
Avelina
Cave Fisher (-14)
Horgus

How to defeat the filament:
A creature struck by a cave fisher's filament becomes attached to the sticky thread. As a standard action, a creature can rip the filament free with a DC 20 Strength check. A caught creature can also attempt to escape a filament by making a DC 25 Escape Artist check. A filament is AC 14 (touch 12), has 5 hit points, and has DR 15/slashing.

Entangled Condition modifiers:
Tauni is entangled. In this case, it means she takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls and a –4 penalty to Dexterity. An entangled character who attempts to cast a spell must make a concentration check (DC 15 + spell level) or lose the spell.

Please post in order for this round, since success or failure to free Anarya from the filament may change the situation significantly. If your character is planning on attacking the cave fisher with a ranged attack, you can go any time, but the effect will not occur until your turn in the round.

351 to 400 of 3,911 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Clebsch GM Wrath of the Righteous Adventure: Book 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.