Carrion Crown (Inactive)

Game Master Big Joe

Ustalav Map
Lepidstadt

Loot Tracker

Clover's Crossing former Church of Pharasma

Initiative Rolls
[dice=Delixia]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Kisasi]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Mihaela]1d20+12[/dice]
[dice=Smaranda]1d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Thistle]1d20+4[/dice]


1,201 to 1,250 of 1,798 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Mihaela Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Delixia Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Smaranda Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

_______________________________________
Initiative/Character Status
Surprise Round

Mihaela
Delixia
Thistle 3 Con Damage
Kisasi
Ember Maw
Smaranda (Ward Hex)

Mihaela and Kisasi are up to act in the surprise round.

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

Kisasi tries to cast a disrupt undead on the haunted furnace.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

"This places needs some serious consecration work!"


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

@GM - just to clarify something, should we have rolled another perception check after your last post on page 24? I assumed that since Smaranda rolled a 23 on her perception when searching through the room that a second perception check wasn't needed, but if that's not the case then apologies.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5
Smaranda Zografu wrote:
@GM - just to clarify something, should we have rolled another perception check after your last post on page 24? I assumed that since Smaranda rolled a 23 on her perception when searching through the room that a second perception check wasn't needed, but if that's not the case then apologies.

My apologies. You did roll for this room and I just missed it. Smaranda will get to act in the surprise round prior to the haunt. Take a look at the DC 15 Perception spoiler tag.

_______________________________________
Initiative/Character Status
Surprise Round

Smaranda (Ward Hex)
Mihaela
Delixia
Thistle 3 Con Damage
Kisasi
Ember Maw

Samaranda and Mihaela are up to act in the surprise round.


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

Smaranda glares at the furnace, then glances at her bare hands. No way she was going to try and hit that! Skeletons and spiders and clothing, alright, but objects made of metal, which was likely to be burning hot? Nuh-uh. Instead, she pulls out her starknife and throws it.

Attack, starknife, ranged: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 Damage, piercing: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Mihaela scrambles away from furnace before it can cause her any harm and takes up a place at the door.

Smaranda's starknife bounces harmlessly off of the metal furnace.

The face of Old Ember Maw seems to animate into a leering skull-like visage made of metal and bars. It roars, then a fiery tongue lashes out from its maw to strike at Kisasi.
Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Scorching Ray: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 2, 4) = 14
Kisasi please make a DC 15 Will Save.
_______________________________________
Initiative/Character Status
Round 1

Smaranda (Ward Hex)
Mihaela
Delixia
Thistle 3 Con Damage
Kisasi
Ember Maw

Everyone is up to act in this combat round.

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

Will Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Kisasi screams in pain, and drops to the ground, badly burned.

-1 HP


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

Smaranda screams as well, out of fear and impotence. How can they fight this thing? Just like that, and it has killed Kisasi in the blink of an eye... no, he isn't dead yet! Tearing her shirt off, the girl rushes to where the water seeps into the room, dipping the cloth in and running to Kisasi's side to drape the wet garment over his burned body.

"Nononono! Don't slip away!"

Heal check to stabilize: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


CG Dwarven Cleric of Desna 4 | max HP: 31 | Sanity: 40/40 (2/20) | AC 19/12/17 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+6 | Init: +4 Per:+6

Thistle moved to Kisasi's side and brought out a wand. He peered at it closely to make sure it was the correct one, then tapped Kisasi's side with it. Negative energy poured into the dhampir, closing the worst of his wounds.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Kisasi please read the following spoilers in numbered order. Thank you.

Kisasi #1:
That last attack has killed you. Your companions do not yet know this.

Kisasi #2:
You find yourself waking up some time later in an open coffin with a pleasant looking, red-haired priest of Shimye-Magalla standing over you. "You have been resurrected after your body was recovered from a nasty place known as Harrowstone. You might be wondering where you are right now or how long you have been here. Do not worry it has been several months that you have been here and those that you were with have moved on.

Kisasi #3:
What do you wish to do?

Smaranda, Thistle, Delixia, Mihaela:
Kisasi has dropped to the ground and has become wrapped in ghostly chains decorated with numerous holy symbols. The chains are slowly tightening about the Kisasi's body, causing him to thrash about in great pain and distress.

At Smaranda's scream Mihaela rushes in and lays her hand on Kisasi. Dark motes seem to pulse from her hand into Kisasi's body.
Inflect Light Wounds: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Delixia rushes past you all and uncorks a haunt siphon. "Die you dastardly bastard!"
Haunt Siphon: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 4) = 10

GM:
Target: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Ember Maw's fire roars again and lashes out at Delixia. The flames licking at her flesh.
Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Scorching Ray: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 5, 5) = 18
_______________________________________
Initiative/Character Status
Round 2

Smaranda (Ward Hex)
Mihaela
Delixia -18 HP
Thistle 3 Con Damage
Kisasi
Ember Maw -10 HP

Everyone is up to act in this combat round.


CG Dwarven Cleric of Desna 4 | max HP: 31 | Sanity: 40/40 (2/20) | AC 19/12/17 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+6 | Init: +4 Per:+6

k. religion, haunts: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Whiskeyjack ran forward to slap a hand to the furnace, channeling as much positive energy into it as he could, hoping that this haunt was as susceptible to it as the others had been.

1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

GM:

"Why have you resurrected me? Am I truly alive? Or am I dead? Too many of the dead walk the world, and I will not be one of them..."

Would I even be able to tell?

Kisasi then sits up, trying to figure our his surroundings.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Kisasi #1:
"Does it truly matter why or how you were brought back into the world? Shimye-Magalla simply wished it to be so and thus it is. Is your faith so fleeting that you would deny the gift you have received?"

Kisasi #2:
Please make a DC 15 Will Save.

Ember Maw sputters and goes cold with Thistle pressed against it.

_______________________________________
Initiative/Character Status
Round 2

Smaranda (Ward Hex)
Mihaela
Delixia -18 HP
Thistle 3 Con Damage
Kisasi
Ember Maw

Smaranda, Mihaela, and Delixia are up to act in this combat round.

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

GM:

"Of course not, if it is truly the wish of Shimye-Magalla, I am at her service. But bringing me back makes no sense... nature demands order, despite how chaotic it often seems. Why would Shimye-Magalla want me returned to the living? I failed to even cleanse one area of the taint of the dead who would not rest. Speaking of which, is Harrowstone clean? And where did you say that I am?"
Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

While the gnarf is snuggling the furnace for some reason, Smaranda claws at the chains wrapping around Kisasi, growing more frantic with every passing moment. She would not give up on him, she'll drag him back from the dead if she had to.

Knowledge religion on the symbols: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Smaranda:
You are able to recognize holy symbols of Torag, Sarenrae, Desna, Abadar, Pharasma, Gorum, Nethys, Zon-Kuthon, and Apsu. There are many others present though.

Kisasi #1:
["Who are we to question Shimye-Magalla's will? You have been returned and that is all that matters. Perhaps it is your place in the balance that has necessitated your return. You are where you need to be. Right where Shimye-Magalla wants you to be. Is that not enough for you? Do you question the wisdom?"

"Such concern over one small place. That place is of no consequence in the long run so pay it no mind. Give your thoughts over to what you will do now that you have returned."

Kisasi #2:
Please make a DC 15 Will Save.

Mihaela and Delixia look on as the chains continue to bind Kisasi despite Smaranda's attempt to break him free.

GM:
Haunt Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

_______________________________________
Initiative/Character Status
Round 3

Smaranda (Ward Hex)
Mihaela
Delixia -18 HP
Thistle 3 Con Damage
Kisasi
Ember Maw
Unknown -4 HP

Everyone is up to act this round.


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

Turning to the others, Smaranda tugs one more time at the chains.

"Holy symbols. Iron lord, dragon god, coin god, the Dawnflower, dwarf god, the Gray Lady, magic god, Desna, skull god! What does it mean? What is happening? Help him!"

What is even happening! Aaaah!


CG Dwarven Cleric of Desna 4 | max HP: 31 | Sanity: 40/40 (2/20) | AC 19/12/17 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+6 | Init: +4 Per:+6

Thistle turned from the cold furnace to the now bound Kisasi and Smaranda standing over him.

"This...this is like that body we saw upstairs yesterday. The one wrapped in the chains with the symbols of faith on it. This must be another haunt. I wonder what we need to do to get rid of this one? Perhaps a specific chant or spell?"

k. religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

actions (all can read):

If that check is enough to know what to do, great. If not, Thistle will try and convert summon monster to a CLW spell to damage the haunt for 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 damage.

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

GM:
Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Kisasi is getting more suspicious given the responses. Not wanting to give himself away, though, he changes his defensive stature to try to gain some better information.

Bluff: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

"I do not question the wisdom of my god, of course not. I am just a little confused and off-balance. It is not a simple thing to be revived after being burned alive. And yet, I seem perfectly fine. Thanks be to Shimye-Magalla. So, tell me - who are you, and why are you the one standing over me upon my return? Can you tell me nothing more of my new purpose?"

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Smaranda pulls at the ghostly chains but is unable to make them budge despite all of her strength. Thistle's knowledge unfortunately is not extensive enough for him to know what to do. So he pulls forth a wand and uses it to cast Cure Light Wounds on the chains. The spectral chains shudder as he does so.

GM:
Haunt Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Kisasi #1:
"You are right to give thanks and praise. I am Rodalla. I am tasked with helping you reveal your purpose for it is not my place to tell you but to guide you in learning of it yourself. Think of the night sky which touches the sea and how the stars travel through the sky above it. What does your spirit tell you?"

Kisasi #2:
Looking around everything you see, feel, and hear appears very real to you. You are unable to get a grasp on whether this priestess is speaking the truth or not and have mixed feelings over what you have heard thus far.

Kisasi #3:
Give me a Will Save please.

Seeing the shudder of the spectral chains Mihaela reaches out to touch the chains. She quickly withdraws her hand and looks visibly shaken.

Delixia, her charred and blistered skin cracking and popping, looks at Thistle and appears to actually have heard what he said. "You think this haunt? Something created by the evil of this place. I can strike back at that." Delixia speaks and circles her hands over Kisasi. The spectral chains shudder again.

GM:
1d6 ⇒ 5

_______________________________________
Initiative/Character Status
Round 4

Smaranda (Ward Hex)
Mihaela
Delixia -18 HP
Thistle 3 Con Damage
Kisasi
Ember Maw
Unknown -18 HP

Everyone is up to act this round.

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

GM:

Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 Ugh. Blew that one.

Kisasi is going to start a blessing, turning it into a try to cast protection from evil. If this is all real, that shouldn't be a problem...

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

GM:
Kisasi Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Kisasi:
Horrific pains shoot through your body.

Thistle, Smaranda, Delixia, Mihaela:
You see the ghostly chains tighten and dig into Kisasi's flesh.

_______________________________________
Initiative/Character Status
Round 4 continued

Smaranda (Ward Hex)
Mihaela
Delixia -18 HP
Thistle 3 Con Damage
Kisasi -6 HP
Ember Maw
Unknown -18 HP

Smaranda, Mihaela, Delixia, and Thistle are up to act this round.


CG Dwarven Cleric of Desna 4 | max HP: 31 | Sanity: 40/40 (2/20) | AC 19/12/17 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+6 | Init: +4 Per:+6

Not knowing what else to do, and seeing that the healing spell had some kind of effect, Thistle repeated the process.

healing wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

GM:

"ARGH! What is that about??? Who are you really?"

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

COMBAT OVER!

The spectral chains break, fall off, and fade away from Kisasi who immediately regains consciousness while laying on the floor.

Where do want to go or what do you wish to do?

______________________________________
Character Status

Smaranda (Ward Hex)
Mihaela
Delixia -18 HP
Thistle 3 Con Damage
Kisasi -6 HP


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

As Kisasi comes back to life and the cursed chains fall off, Smaranda, wraps him in a tight hug before climbing to her feet and angrily kicking the furnace. Their mission is temporarily pushed to the back of her mind as she struggles to process what just happened.

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

"What? Of, thank you, Smaranda. I think I will survive... That was quite unusual, though. It was so real - and yet, I felt it couldn't be. I don't know if it was just a bad dream or if some entity was trying to convince me to give in on our investigation. It must have been connected to this haunt, though. When we get back, we should see if the name Rodalla means anything."


Female Human Inquisitor 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 20 | T: 12 | FF: 18 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9

I'm at 1/18 HP with extensive burns and blisters, yowsers.

Delixia groans from the extensive damage done to her body. She lets out a hoarse gasp that resembles "Nice work. Give me a minute , please." as she moves to a wall and slides down to take a breather and try to ignore the pain.


CG Dwarven Cleric of Desna 4 | max HP: 31 | Sanity: 40/40 (2/20) | AC 19/12/17 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+6 | Init: +4 Per:+6

"Oh, here DAY-LIX-EE-AH let me help you with that. I must say it was very nice of you to leap straight into the fiery beams like that and give the rest of us a chance to actually think about our actions and do something useful. That kind of dedication to your art deserves a good healing I'd say. Now, where did I put that wand? Of here it is. Sorry, but this might hurt a bit."

Thistle poked Delixia with the healing wand, eliciting a grunt of pain as he activated it. He paused to see if he had grabbed the right wand after all, then continued healing the woman.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Female Human Inquisitor 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 20 | T: 12 | FF: 18 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9

Lol, I love all those nat 1's!

Is it just me or did he just hit me with that thing as many times as possible to make that hurt more than it needed to?

Delixia grunts in affirmation or thanks, she's not sure which. Climbing back to her feet she asks "Everyone ready to move on?" Unless someone objects, she presses on to the next door and listens as it.


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

Delixia's nudging helps Smaranda get grounded again. They were here for a reason; almost losing Kisasi had been very scary, but they could not linger. They just had to be more careful, that was all.

She joins Delixia to investigate the connecting room, skirting the pooling water.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

I lost track - what is Kisasi's status?

"Yes, let's continue. But I need to be more careful... that was not fun!"

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

The northeast wall of this room has partially fallen, revealing the dark, murky waters of the pond outside. Moldering training dummies and other similar equipment hint that this room may have once been a training area for the guards. In the northeast part of the room, the floor around a dark, jagged hole is surrounded by black scorch marks.

______________________________________
Character Status

Smaranda (Ward Hex)
Mihaela
Delixia
Thistle 3 Con Damage
Kisasi -6 HP


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

Smaranda peers into the hole, hoping that it leads below. The staircase leading down had been blocked, after all, so they needed to find another way down.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

It is a twenty foot drop into a dark room below. At the bottom you see what appears to be water. The edges of the hole may appear dangerous but the unstable portions have long since fallen away, leaving the remaining rim solid enough to support the weight of numerous people.


Female Human Witch 4 | HP: 21/25 | AC:14/FF:11/T:13 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 | Init: +12 | Perc: +6 | Sanity 38/40

Sorry for the absence! Will try posting more regularly!

Mihaela rummages in her bag and pulls out a rope. "Do we have anything we can tie this to? We could climb down with this?" She grabs a random object, casts Light and drops it into the hole to light their way.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

The light winks out above Thistle's head and the room goes dark for those that do not have darkvision. The chunk of stone lands with a splash at the bottom and you can hear the splash echo below. Looking down into the hole from the edge you can see what appears to be a shallow pool of water. Light filters out of the hole to cast shadows of those standing at its edge onto the ceiling. The remainder of the room you are standing in remains dark though.

Darkvision:
There are fallen timbers or walls that a rope can be tied off to that would allow you to use it to descend into the hole.


CG Dwarven Cleric of Desna 4 | max HP: 31 | Sanity: 40/40 (2/20) | AC 19/12/17 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+6 | Init: +4 Per:+6

"There are plenty of exposed timbers and such to tie that rope off to, as long as the drop isn't too far. Oh, I see. Only twenty feet or so. Well enough. No not that one, can't you see that it is at the wrong angle? The rope will just slip right off. There was a mage is Dagule that ties a rope off to a tree branch in that same way, in an attempt to teach himself to fly by repetition, more than by spellcraft. Poor chap. They never did find his left pinkie finger. No idea where it went off to. Probably eaten by a squirrel."

Thistle pointed out the perfect beam to tie the rope to.


Female Human Witch 4 | HP: 21/25 | AC:14/FF:11/T:13 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 | Init: +12 | Perc: +6 | Sanity 38/40

yikes forgot it was dark!

Mihaela fumbles around in her pack. "Drat, I know I have a lantern in here somewhere." you hear her sigh in frustration, and a quick incantation, and a ball of light appears once again above Thistle's head. "One second..." as she rummages through her bag again, pulls out a lantern, fills it with oil, and lights it. She picks up another random object, lights it and drops it into the hole. "How about that?" she smiles.

She beckons for help to tie the rope to the hopefully sturdy beam Thistle pointed out.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

With help Mihaela is able to get a length of hemp rope tied off to a nearby sturdy wooden beam. She tosses the loose end of the non-knotted rope down the hole and hears it land with a splash.

Climbing down the rope will require a DC 15 Climb check and as a reminder you move at 1/4 of your normal speed while climbing.

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

Kisasi watches from above, and before anyone climbs down, he tries to detect if there is any undead presence down there.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Kisasi:
You do not detect any undead when you look down through the hole.


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

Eager to get below, Smaranda grasps the rope and begins the descent. Their exploration of the above ground floors has been disappointing so far in terms of their goals, and she is frustrated by their lack of progress. On the other hand, she is apprehensive about what awaits below, but in her experience it is better to jump head first into an unpleasant task than to delay and procrastinate.

Climb: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

In Smaranda's hurry to get below and wrapped up in her own thoughts she fails to realize that she has to actually descend on the rope.

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

"Do you need some help? Just let go a little at a time..."

Can she just take 10?


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

Climb: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Rope climbing wasn't exactly a familiar activity, but she remembers how some of the Varisian acrobats would set up practice ropes at camp and scamper all over them. Wrapping her legs around the rope, she lowers herself hand over hand until her feet hit the floor below.


Female Human Witch 4 | HP: 21/25 | AC:14/FF:11/T:13 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 | Init: +12 | Perc: +6 | Sanity 38/40

Not wanting Smaranda to go down alone, Mihaela ties the lantern to her waist and proceeds down the rope after her.

YOLO

Climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

uh oh...

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Smaranda is able to easily make the climb down and lands with a small splash at the bottom. The room fills with a cacophonous roar of screams and howls as Smaranda's feet touch the floor. This sudden blast of noise causes Mihaela to lose her grip just as she starts her descent and results in her plummeting to the bottom where she lands prone with a loud splash. This unsettling manifestation of noise causes no harm, but an instant later, the surface of the dark pool of water begins rippling around the ruined lift as two spirits rise up, dripping and horrible, to attack.

Mihaela fall damage: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6

Everyone needs to make a DC 10 Will Save. If you fail the saving throw you take 1 point of Sanity Damage.

This cavernous chamber may have once been an underground cell block, but it has long since collapsed. The crumbled walls are thick with mold and stained with soot, and heaps of fallen stones and charred wooden beams line the area. Water drips and seeps along the walls, collecting in a dark, murky pool in the middle of the room. To the north, the twisted remains of a wood and iron lift lie in a heap in a shallow portion of the pool. A jagged hole in the roof yawns twenty feet above this ruin. To the west, a partially blocked opening seems to open up after several feet into a dark but stable tunnel.

GM:
Stealth: 1d20 ⇒ 3
Initiative (red): 1d20 ⇒ 1
Initiative (blue): 1d20 ⇒ 13

DC 3 Perception:
You spot the two spirits as they rise up out of the murky water. You may act in the surprise round.

DC 10 Knowledge (religion):
This slimy, shifting mass has the shape of a humanoid, but is made out of what appears to be some form of sticky rope or cloth. Its body lurches jerkily, struggling to maintain its horrid form. This is an Ectoplasmic Human. You know you will require a slashing weapon to improve your chances of hurting this kind of creature.

______________________________________
Initiative/Character Status
Surprise Round

Smaranda (Ward Hex)
Mihaela
Delixia
Thistle 3 Con Damage
Kisasi -6 HP

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

GM:

Smaranda Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Mihaela Initiative: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
Delixia Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Thistle Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Kisasi Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Ectoplasmic Human (red): 1 = 1
Ectoplasmic Human (blue): 13 = 13

______________________________________
Initiative/Character Status
Surprise Round

Mihaela
Delixia
Kisasi -6 HP
Thistle 3 Con Damage
Unknown (blue)
Smaranda (Ward Hex)
Unknown (red)


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

Rolls:
Will save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Knowledge religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Attack, unarmed strike: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 Damage, bludgeoning: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Attack, unarmed strike: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 Damage, bludgeoning: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

The appearance of the spectres gives Smaranda a powerful fright. By pure instinct and reflex, she reacts with a yell, jumping up to grasp the rope again with both hands while launching her feet sideways in a powerful double kick at the closest specter. She knew what these things were, but did not have a name for them.

"Ready your swords! These things won't fall to clubs and maces!" she calls out to her companions.

1,201 to 1,250 of 1,798 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Big Joe's Carrion Crown Game All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.