Carrion Crown (Inactive)

Game Master Big Joe

Ustalav Map
Lepidstadt

Loot Tracker

Clover's Crossing former Church of Pharasma

Initiative Rolls
[dice=Delixia]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Kisasi]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Mihaela]1d20+12[/dice]
[dice=Smaranda]1d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Thistle]1d20+4[/dice]


1,251 to 1,300 of 1,798 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>

Female Human Witch 4 | HP: 21/25 | AC:14/FF:11/T:13 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 | Init: +12 | Perc: +6 | Sanity 38/40

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Will Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

With a thud, Mihaela slams into the ground. "Ow.........." she looks up and yelps in surprise as she sees the two spectres surprise her! She quickly clambers to her feet. "By the gods what is that!??"

Did... my poor lantern survive?

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Mihaela your lantern did survive the fall but due to the water the lantern has been extinguished.

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

Will save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Knowledge religion: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

"Is it undead?"

I didn't detect undead before, but perhaps it wasn't there a few moments ago? If it is, then disrupt. If not, then acid splash.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Damage, Disrupt Undead: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Damage, Acid Splash: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

It is undead and no it was not there in any form a moment ago.


CG Dwarven Cleric of Desna 4 | max HP: 31 | Sanity: 40/40 (2/20) | AC 19/12/17 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+6 | Init: +4 Per:+6

will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
K. Religion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Thistle looked into the hole, providing plenty of illumination. "Oh look, ectoplasm! Use sharp weapons to cut it to pieces, then trap its essence in some form of remote activated planar stabilizing device. Here, have a bit of Desna's luck for, well for luck, I suppose!"

Casting Bless. Each ally gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

The ectoplasmic human (blue) looms over Mihaela and brings its fists down at her head. Thanking her lucky stars the creatures blow misses her but only just barely.
Attack: Slam: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Smaranda lashes out with furious blows and surprising even herself causes the horror before her to vanish back to from whence it came.
______________________________________
Initiative/Character Status
Round 1

Mihaela
Delixia
Kisasi -6 HP
Thistle 3 Con Damage
Ectoplasmic Human (blue)
Smaranda (Ward Hex)
Ectoplasmic Human (red)

Mihaela, Delixia, Kisasi, and Thistle are up to act in this combat round.


Female Human Witch 4 | HP: 21/25 | AC:14/FF:11/T:13 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 | Init: +12 | Perc: +6 | Sanity 38/40

"Wha? Mihaela says in surprise as she steps backs. She places a ward on Smaranda and points out what seems to be a weak point on the creature. "Careful! she says.

Ward & +2 competence bonus to attack rolls for 1 attack

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

Kisasi aims down and fires another disrupt undead at the creature.

Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 1 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

With a ray of undead destroying positive energy launched from the outstretched hand of Kisasi the Ectoplasmic Human threatening Mihaela dissipates in a thousands of motes of while light.

COMBAT OVER!

Those still at the hole (Delixia, Kisasi, and Thistle) will need to make a DC 15 climb check to descend the non-knotted rope.

______________________________________
Character Status

Mihaela -6 HP
Delixia
Kisasi -6 HP
Thistle 3 Con Damage
Smaranda (Ward Hex)


CG Dwarven Cleric of Desna 4 | max HP: 31 | Sanity: 40/40 (2/20) | AC 19/12/17 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+6 | Init: +4 Per:+6

"Well done! Oh, and can someone collect a small sample of that ectoplasm before it destabilizes? I would dearly like to study it some more. You rarely see these creatures out in the open like this. Well, there was that one time in Civa, when the renowned extranatural scientist Hands Goober - funny name, long story behind it - used a combination of peanut butter and particle waves to drag some ectoplasmic beings directly into a containment chamber. Yes, the peanut butter was essential. Do we have any? That might make this entire process easier. What? You want me to climb down? Now? But...oh very well."

Thistle looked at the rope in his hands for a moment, then closed his eyes, grabbed on tight, and swung himself out over the hole. Very very slowly he let himself down the rope.

climb: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

This cavernous chamber may have once been an underground cell block, but it has long since collapsed. The crumbled walls are thick with mold and stained with soot, and heaps of fallen stones and charred wooden beams line the area. Water drips and seeps along the walls, collecting in a dark, murky pool in the middle of the room. To the north, the twisted remains of a wood and iron lift lie in a heap in a shallow portion of the pool. A jagged hole in the roof yawns twenty feet above this ruin. To the west, a partially blocked opening seems to open up after several feet into a dark but stable tunnel.

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

Kisasi climbs down and looks around. Casting detect magic and detect undead, he tries to see if the coast is clear.

Climb: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

Smaranda tunes out the gnarf's chattering; the thing had dissolved into light, there was nothing to collect.

She edges towards the entrance to the tunnel, listening and watching for anything threatening.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Delixia Climb, Take 20: 20 + 3 = 23

Delixia slowly and carefully climbs down the rope into the cave like room. She lands with a small splash as she reaches the bottom.

Using both the light from the from Mihaela's lantern after relights its wick and the torch like light from the glowing rock that had been thrown down previously you search the room. You locate no further threats and find nothing of use or value here.

Following the only way out you coming to the next underground chamber. Four dark hallways exit from this large empty chamber, each striking out in one of the four directions of the compass, and each decorated with a soot-caked brass nameplate affixed to the ceiling just above the entrance. A rubble-choked stairway leads up in the middle of the room, while eight skeletons dressed in scorched prisoners’ robes lie on the ground.

Everyone can take a single round of actions.


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

8 skeletons? *nopes the heck out*

Smaranda eyes the skeletons suspiciously. Once her companions seem ready, she slowly crouches, picking up a chunk of rubble of the floor and throwing it at the pile of bones, watching to see if that elicits any reaction from them. In this place, nothing stayed dead.

Ranged attack?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


Female Human Witch 4 | HP: 21/25 | AC:14/FF:11/T:13 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 | Init: +12 | Perc: +6 | Sanity 38/40

"That looks ominous...." Mihaela mutters behind Smaranda. She recasts light on Thisty's head, while holding her lantern for additional light.

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

Kisasi casts protection from evil on Smaranda. "Let's see if Shimye-Magalla will protect you from these monsters."

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

GM:

Mihaela: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
Delixia: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Kisasi: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Thistle: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Smaranda: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Skeleton (red): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Skeleton (blue): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Skeleton (yellow): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Skeleton (orange): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Skeleton (purple): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Skeleton (brown): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Skeleton (green): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Skeleton (pink): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

The eight skeletal remains begin to rattle to life.
______________________________________
Initiative/Character Status
Surprise Round

Thistle 3 Con Damage
Skeleton (orange)
Smaranda (Ward Hex, Prot. from Evil)
Skeleton (yellow)
Mihaela -6 HP
Skeleton (green)
Delixia
Skeleton (pink)
Skeleton (brown)
Skeleton (red)
Kisasi -6 HP
Skeleton (blue)
Skeleton (purple)

Everyone in the party is up to act during the surprise round.


CG Dwarven Cleric of Desna 4 | max HP: 31 | Sanity: 40/40 (2/20) | AC 19/12/17 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+6 | Init: +4 Per:+6

I think I'm going to have a heart attack and die from not surprise

Thistle moved forwards, hand outstretched towards the skeletons, a nimbus of power beginning to glow on his fingertips.

"No really, you don't have to get up on our account. In fact, I insist that you stay down. By the power of Holy Desna, whose feet trip lightly through the world, I abjure thee to rest!"

Holy energy burst from Thistle's body, the dwarf remembering at the last moment to exclude Kisasi and Smaranda from the burst.

Channel positive energy against the skellies for 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (4, 3) + 1 = 8 damage, will DC13 for half.


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

More damned undead! Smaranda rushes forward towards the closest one, sending a kick to its torso.

Attack, unarmed, on orange: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

GM:
Holy smokes! Even if the skeleton makes the save it still is destroyed by positive energy.

Thanks to Thistle's quick thinking the potential threat is rapidly dealt with and the bones stop rattling.

The stairway here once led up to area S9 above, but the deadfall has rendered it impassable.

DC 12 Perception:
Your keen sight reveals scratches along the rubble and stone blocks—testimony to the prisoners’ futile attempts to dig out the deadfall from below.

The brass nameplates that hang above each of the four hallways leading out of this room identify the cellblocks that lie beyond, although the soot must be wiped away to reveal these names. To the north lies “The Oubliette.” To the west lies “Reaper’s Hold.” To the south lies “The Nevermore.” And to the east once stretched “Hell’s Basement.”

______________________________________
Character Status

Thistle 3 Con Damage
Smaranda (Ward Hex, Prot. from Evil)
Mihaela -6 HP
Delixia
Kisasi -6 HP


Female Human Witch 4 | HP: 21/25 | AC:14/FF:11/T:13 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 | Init: +12 | Perc: +6 | Sanity 38/40

Before Mihaela could react, all the skeletons fall inert to the ground. "Wow Thisty, that was spendid!" she claps the gnarf on the back in praise.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

"How dreadful, were these skeletons possibly trapped prisoners?" she runs her hands along the walls, feeling the scratches. "The more I see of this place, the more I am glad it is not used anymore. It reeks of horror and misery."

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

"And such delightful plaques. I think this must have been close to hell for its prisoner's, despite many of them likely deserving it."

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Which way do you wish to check first?

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

"Reaper's Hold. Let's start there."

Kisasi motions for Smaranda to lead the way, his protection from evil spell should still be active but not for long.

(3 minutes total)

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Following the hallway you com to a point where you have the following. To the north is a door, to the west is a portcullis that is locked place, and finally to the south is a another door. A brass nameplate, its face caked with soot,hangs above the portcullis. The air here is still and has the smell of mold and mildew. A layer of undisturbed dust is visible upon the stone floor.


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

Looking left, right, and at the locked portcullis, Smaranda shrugs and puts her shoulder against the door to the north, attempting to open it.

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

Kisasi stands ready, crossbow loaded.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Smaranda forces the door open and sends it crashing against the wall as it swings open. This guard room is decorated similarly to the others, with a table, a few chairs, and a pair of cots, yet unlike the others, no undead or haunts lurk within. A winch affixed to the western wall raises and lowers the portcullis that allows access into area beyond. The portcullis is currently lowered and locked in place. The winch here can be used to release that lock (a move action) and to raise the portcullis (a full-round action).


Female Human Witch 4 | HP: 21/25 | AC:14/FF:11/T:13 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 | Init: +12 | Perc: +6 | Sanity 38/40

"Shall we raise the portcullis? Can anyone sense any dead round?" Mihaela quietly releases a detect magic spell to sense any magic in the room.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Mihela:
You do not detect any magical auras in this room.

______________________________________
Character Status

Thistle 3 Con Damage
Smaranda (Ward Hex, Prot. from Evil - 2 minutes)
Mihaela -6 HP
Delixia
Kisasi -6 HP

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

Kisasi casts detest undead and concentrates on various areas around the room to put Mihaela at ease.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Kisasi:
You get a faint aura of undead but this is not surprising given the nature of Harrowstone thus far. No undead or haunts are present in this room when you check.

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

"Pretty much undead auras exist everywhere now. I am afraid what raising the gate may do, though. Why don't we finish exploring the other directions first, and make sure we don't get trapped between multiple evils."

"South door?"


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

"Door-opener, at your service."

Smaranda must be growing jaded of all the undead by now, if she can make jokes at this time. Without waiting for more prompting, she moves to try and open the door opposite of the guard room.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

This guardroom contains a single large table with two chairs astride it and a single sagging cot pushed up against the eastern wall. Several battered cabinets line the northern wall, with a few arrows and bits of chainmail lying scattered on the floor nearby, yet the most eerie sight are the three fractured skulls sitting on the table next to a heavy hammer. It looks as if someone has arranged the fragments of the skulls in some sort of pattern, as if an attempt had been made to construct a fourth skull from the broken fragments of the trio on the table. The leathery body of a long-dead dwarf, his wiry red hair and beard still strangely vibrant in death, lies slumped on the ground behind the table.

A few seconds after after you enter this room, the three shattered skulls rattle about, then rise up and reform into three solid skulls that immediately attack. This humanoid head floats silently and ominously, bits of flesh still hanging from its face and graying teeth clattering slightly as it bobs in the air.

Everyone needs to make a DC 10 Will Save or take 1 Sanity Damage.

DC 10 Knowledge Religion:
These three skulls are Tiny Screaming Severed Heads.

DC 15 Perception:
You get a sudden splitting headache while at the same time noticing the fragments of skull on the table begin rattling and shaking.

GM:

SSH (red): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
SSH (blue): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
SSH (green): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Mihaela: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31
Delixia: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Kisasi: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Thistle: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Smaranda: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

______________________________________
Initiative/Character Status
Round 1

Mihaela -6 HP
Delixia
Kisasi -6 HP
Thistle 3 Con Damage
Enemy (green)
Enemy (red)
?????
Enemy (blue)
Smaranda (Ward Hex)

Mihaela, Delixia, Kisasi, and Thistle are up to act in this round.


CG Dwarven Cleric of Desna 4 | max HP: 31 | Sanity: 40/40 (2/20) | AC 19/12/17 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+6 | Init: +4 Per:+6

k. religion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Thistle was trying to recall what the things were, looking like floating skulls, when his attention was grabbed by the shaking skull fragments on the table. "Hey, did you guys see these skull fragments? They're moving and shaking. Do you think they are part of the manifestation process? Smaranda and Kisasi, I exclude you!"

With these words Thistle once again channeled energy to disrupt undead creatures.
channel: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 3) + 1 = 6


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Knowledge religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

"Thistle!" Smaranda cries out at the sight of the red-haired, red-bearded dwarf. How had this happened?! Then Thistle speaks behind her and her heart almost bursts out of her chest with fright. For a few moments she is stunned, gasping as the three skulls rise off the table, and she clamps her hands over her ears in anticipation of the screaming.

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

DC 10 Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
DC 10 Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
DC 15 Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

"Not sure I want to be excluded...oh, yah - maybe this time I do!"

Kisasi casts disrupt undead on the closest skull.
Attack vs Touch: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7


Female Human Inquisitor 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 20 | T: 12 | FF: 18 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9

Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
K:Religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Delixia crinches at the sight of the skulls, a shiver running up through her body. She cries out, "These three skulls are Tiny Screaming Severed Heads. They are unholy abominations and shall be disposed of immediately!"

Before I attack, do I get to know any other juicy tidbits about this suckers that may impact my attack? Like defense related stuffs?


Female Human Witch 4 | HP: 21/25 | AC:14/FF:11/T:13 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 | Init: +12 | Perc: +6 | Sanity 38/40

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Mihaela shudders as she sees the heads. We must be careful! as she wards Smaranda and gives her advice (+2 competence to hit).

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Delixia: You get to ask two questions.

Mihaela adds to the Ward she has already placed on Smaranda. Delixia speaks and ponders the enemy before her. Kisasi lets loose with a ray of pure positive energy which leaves nothing but bright white motes dissipating in the air where a head had been. Thistle unleashes a wave of positive energy throughout the room causing the final two heads to also disappear.

GM:
3d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 1) = 9

The headaches fade and the skull fragments rest quiet once more as whatever had been here goes quiet.

COMBAT OVER!
______________________________________
Character Status

Mihaela -6 HP
Delixia
Kisasi -6 HP
Thistle 3 Con Damage
Smaranda (Ward Hex, +2 competence to hit)


CG Dwarven Cleric of Desna 4 | max HP: 31 | Sanity: 40/40 (2/20) | AC 19/12/17 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+6 | Init: +4 Per:+6

"Well, that didn't seem too hard. Of course, I am not sure that I can do that too many more times today. Not without greatly hampering our ability to heal ourselves in need. Still, needs must, as they say. It reminds me of a time in Fleronce, where I spent a summer helping in the medical abattoirs of the Tyrant's hold. There was so many that dies there, you just couldn't help but come across one or three that wouldn't stay dead. A tricky business that. So where to now?"

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

GM:
Thistle Perception, Stonecunning: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 = 8

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

"Little by little, we will cleanse this place." Kisasi searches the area now that it is quiet, looking for clues as to where these particular dead came from or who they might have been.

Perceptino: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

Confident that the dead dwarf was not, in fact, Thistle, Smaranda pokes around as well, stealing glances at where the floating skulls had been.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Mihaela Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Delixia Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Thistle Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Nothing of value is located in this former office when it is searched. Delixia and Thistle are able to locate a hidden door along the South wall while searching the room. The door is found to be locked when they attempt to open it.

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

"Hidden door in a prison? What can that be about?"

Short of someone able to open it, though, Kisasi moves on.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

A brass nameplate, its face caked with soot, hangs above a portcullis leading into a large cellblock. Many of the iron doors along the walls within the cellblock hang open, revealing empty cells within.

Walking through the cellblock you find a single door that leads into another room to the south. Numerous grisly tools of torment decorate the room, from cages to hanging chains along the walls to a stretching rack, a large wooden tank, and a fire pit in the middle of the room. To the east stands a grim iron maiden, the lid closed and presenting a stern decoration of a tormented woman upon its face. The broken, twisted skeleton of a human dressed in a tattered guard’s uniform lies upon the stretching rack in the middle of the room; the body is surrounded by several discarded knives, branding irons, and pliers. A large, bloodstained wicker basket sits at the head of the rack.


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

Maybe that long-dead guard had the key to the locked door they had found. Once everyone else is close by, Smaranda gingerly searches its form, gritting her teeth at the obvious signs of torture and brutality. So far the guards had been painted as good and heroic, sacrificing their lives to prevent the prisoners from escaping, but the existence of this room spoke volumes about how prisoners were treated here.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

1,251 to 1,300 of 1,798 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Big Joe's Carrion Crown Game All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.