Carrion Crown (Inactive)

Game Master Big Joe

Ustalav Map
Lepidstadt

Loot Tracker

Clover's Crossing former Church of Pharasma

Initiative Rolls
[dice=Delixia]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Kisasi]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Mihaela]1d20+12[/dice]
[dice=Smaranda]1d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Thistle]1d20+4[/dice]


351 to 400 of 1,798 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

The Skeletal Champion spurs his mount after Delixia and with a swing drives his longsword towards her head.
Attack: Longsword vs AC 19: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 1 = 12
Despite the Skeletons best effort the sword slices through the air over Delixia' head with a whoosh sound as it cuts through the air.

Combat Round 1
Skeleton: Red
Delixia
Skeleton: Blue
Mihaela
Skeleton: Green
Kisasi

Mihaela you are up for Actions this round.


Female Human Witch 4 | HP: 21/25 | AC:14/FF:11/T:13 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 | Init: +12 | Perc: +6 | Sanity 38/40

Realizing she probably should not go toe to toe, Mihaela pulls out her dagger and assumes a defensive stance should they approach her.

Retrieve weapon -> Total Defense

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

GM Roll:
1d20 ⇒ 1

The green skeleton takes a another swipe at the boy on top of the pole. His bony fingers only scrape across the wood of the post as he misses the young lad.

Knowledge (lore-undead): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
"The two next to the posting pole are human skeletons. Use blunted or bashing type weapons if you have them to take them down easier."

Kisasi points his hand at the closest skeleton and a ray of bright white energy shoots forth.
Kisasi casts Disrupt Undead at the red skeleton.
Ranged Touch Attack: Disrupt Undead: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

The red skeleton glows white for a split second, as Kisasi' ray strikes true, before becoming nothing more then dust on the wind.

Combat Round 2
Skeleton: Red
Delixia
Skeleton: Blue
Mihaela
Skeleton: Green
Kisasi

Delixia you are up for Actions this round.


Female Human Inquisitor 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 20 | T: 12 | FF: 18 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9

Realizing the mounted champion had an advantage over her, she changed tactics and targeted the mount itself. Gripping her morningstar tightly in her hand she spun 360 degrees to build up as much momentum as possible and attempted to slam the weapon into the right shoulder of the undead beast while exlcaiming "Yaaaaa!"

Mornginstar attack: 1d20 + 2 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 2 + 3 + 1 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 1 = 14

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

The skeletal mount crumbles from Delixia's mighty strike. Its rider attempts to jump clear at the mount falls out from under him.
Ride: Soft Fall, DC 15: 1d20 - 5 + 1 ⇒ (4) - 5 + 1 = 0
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1 The Skeletal Champion falls prone.1d4 ⇒ 3

The Skeletal Champion stands back up after his fall (move action) and readies to attack Delixia when she attacks him.
Readied Attack vs. AC 19: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Readied Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Combat Round 2
Skeleton: Red
Delixia
Skeletal Champion: Blue, 1 damage
Mihaela
Skeleton: Green
Kisasi

Mihaela is up for actions in this combat round.


Female Human Witch 4 | HP: 21/25 | AC:14/FF:11/T:13 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 | Init: +12 | Perc: +6 | Sanity 38/40

Mihaela gathers up some courage and prepares a Healing Hex. She steps up to the skeleton (green) and attempts to reach out and touch it.

Touch Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Damage, Healing Hex: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

I had to look up to see if this was possible, looks like it is! Link

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

I like it and you are correct per the posted FAQ. It can only be used once per 24 hour period per creature though.

The skeleton (green) momentarily glows with a gentle white light before its bones crumble to dust as Mihaela touches it.

Combat Round 3
Skeleton: Red
Delixia
Skeletal Champion: Blue, 1 damage
Mihaela
Skeleton: Green
Kisasi

Delixia is up for actions in this combat round.

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

Kisasi sizes things up, and takes aim at the blue one.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Kisasi spell just barely manages to strike the Skeletal champion as its focus remains fixed on Delixia. A bright white flash erupts over the skeleton and as it fades the Skeletal Champion yet remains. Its focus unchanged and the cold blue light shining from its eye sockets remains as menacing as ever.

Combat Round 3
Skeleton: Red
Delixia
Skeletal Champion: Blue, 8 damage
Mihaela
Skeleton: Green
Kisasi

Delixia is up for actions in this combat round.


Female Human Witch 4 | HP: 21/25 | AC:14/FF:11/T:13 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 | Init: +12 | Perc: +6 | Sanity 38/40

Mihaela looks on with surprise as the skeleton crumbles before her.
"Uh... I didn't think that would work...." she turns to the flash of light as Kisasi's attack connects.


Female Human Inquisitor 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 20 | T: 12 | FF: 18 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9

Watching the champion fall to the ground is exactly what the inquisitor had in mind. Advancing on the fallen positions she puts herself overtop of it and swings her morningstar on the fallen undead creature.

Attack Champ: 1d20 + 2 + 3 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 2 + 3 + 1 + 4 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 1 = 11

GM - If he tries to stand/move and I get an AoO, it's below:
Attack Champ: 1d20 + 2 + 3 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 2 + 3 + 1 + 4 = 28
Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 1 = 13

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Delixia, the Skeletal Champion was already on his feet and had readied an action to attack you. He missed his readied attack. If you wish to change your actions based on this information you are welcome to.


Female Human Inquisitor 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 20 | T: 12 | FF: 18 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9

Well whoops! I missed that completely. I'll suck up the miss, no problem. Why didn't iI get an AoO when he tried to stand?

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

My apologies. I just realized I goofed up the order of things. You are correct. You would have gotten to pummel him before he could have stood up.


Female Human Inquisitor 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 20 | T: 12 | FF: 18 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9

In that case please prioceee with pummeling forthwith!


Female Human Witch 4 | HP: 21/25 | AC:14/FF:11/T:13 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 | Init: +12 | Perc: +6 | Sanity 38/40

with extreme prejudice!

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

I am back!

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Delixia stands over the prone Skeletal Champion and with the slightest of lopsided grins buries her morningstar into the skull of the creature. Whatever force had been holding it together releases and the champion falls to pieces.

The breastplate, heavy steel shield, and longsword it had been using now lay on the ground among the bones.

The boy who had been cowering atop the posting pole climbs down and, with his eyes bulging, takes off at a run towards home.

The haunting music can still be heard drifting through the air and it seems louder now that you have moved further north.


Female Human Witch 4 | HP: 21/25 | AC:14/FF:11/T:13 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 | Init: +12 | Perc: +6 | Sanity 38/40

Welcome back!

Mihaela casts detect magic focused on the equipment of the champion. "Should we take the equipment? Perhaps we could find some use for it as a door stop or something? Or the value?"


Female Human Inquisitor 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 20 | T: 12 | FF: 18 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9

Now that the battle with the champion is done, Delixia spins to check on her companions. Having been so focused on her task she hadn't properly been tracking what was happening elsewhere. Taking note that her companions had dispatched of their undead as well, Delixia finally takes a breath and says. "Nice work. Yes, I will grab it and we can figure out what to do with it later. Come on, we need to get to the bottom of this music. Let's go!"

She sets off towards the music, anticipating it to be the cause of at the center of this horrific uprising.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

With the equipment gathered up you start off to the North towards The Restlands (the cemetery where you stated this AP) and the possible source of the hauntingly beautiful music.

As you make your way North you encounter an acolyte from the local church of Pharasma. He is bent over at the waist with his hands on his thighs panting for breath. He has a small cut across his forehead and is much disheveled but otherwise seems none the worse for wear.

In between gasps for breath, he explains that Father Grimburrow and most of the acolytes went to the cemetery early this morning before the ghostly music started in order to prepare for a funeral. They have not returned. Just a short while ago a group of walking dead overran the temple and killed the other acolyte there while he fled out the back. He says he has got to get to the cemetery to alert Father Grimburrow and bring him back. He says that on his way here he passed Councilor Muricar's home and saw that they were having some sort of trouble. He kept going but promised he would send help as soon as he found Father Grimburrow. He now begs you to head to Muricur's house and help him while he goes to fetch the good father.

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

Kisasi tries to calm the boy down. "I believe this music is connected to these happenings, and I fear the good Father might be in the gravest danger. As much as I would like to come to the rescue of the Councilor, I think if we don't address the source of the problems, we will continue to chase our tails. You promised to send help as soon as you found Grimburrow. Let's find him together, and then we can go help the councilor."


Female Human Witch 4 | HP: 21/25 | AC:14/FF:11/T:13 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 | Init: +12 | Perc: +6 | Sanity 38/40

"Here, let me help." Mihaela says, laying her hand on the acolyte and chanting a few words.

Healing Hex: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

"I hope this helps, we will continue one, as Kisasi said, we believe the music is connected and if we deal with the music first, the walking dead."

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


CG Dwarven Cleric of Desna 4 | max HP: 31 | Sanity: 40/40 (2/20) | AC 19/12/17 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+6 | Init: +4 Per:+6

Nothing to see here


Female Human Inquisitor 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 20 | T: 12 | FF: 18 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9

In agreement with Kisasi, Del adds "It's best if we stick together rather than splitting up. Come quickly now, let us be on our way!"

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 CLEARLY he is telling the truth.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

The cut to the acolytes forehead closes over as a gentle white light washes over him. "Thank you ma'am. You kindness is appreciated. I was just on my way to the Restlands as well. Perhaps together we can find Father Grimburrow and with his aid end whatever blight has beset our fair town." He starts off walking North. "Come along and try to keep up. We mustn't dawdle now."

As you make your way along the round your companion introduces himself. "My name is Rupio. I am priest in training, also known as an acolyte, at the local temple of Pharasma here in Ravengro. But I am guessing you all have already realized that by now." Rupio is dressed in plain woolen robes of white with blue and gold trim that also appear to be rough fabric. Over his robes has on padded armor and is caring a wooden shield while a mace hangs from his rope belt.

The source of the day’s trouble lies ahead, The Restlands. It rises from the moor like a well-tended garden of stone, rising beyond its gates past row upon row of headstones to a low hill crowned by a circle of ancient tomb vaults. The fiddling floats over the cemetery much louder than elsewhere in town and achieves an almost manic quality. Everywhere across the cemetery tombstones tumble over and the earth churns where things that ought lie still struggle to emerge from the cold ground. Yet atop the hill a single figure can be seen racing around, jumping to and fro in time to the music. There lies your quarry, and a road runs straight to the top if only you can win past the emerging hordes of the unquiet dead. From the brush beside the gate steps a foul creature, obviously once a wolf, its skin hangs in ragged strips from it moldering hide with ribs showing through the gaps in its bloated, putrid flesh.

Approaching from the North is a brightly colored fellow who is short in stature. He is wearing a suit of chainmail and seems to be turning towards The Restlands. In fact it appears he is heading for the same gate as you but as of yet does not appear to have noticed what has just emerged from the brush beside the gate.


Female Human Inquisitor 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 20 | T: 12 | FF: 18 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9

Delixia studies at the figure at the top of the hill, then the wolf-thing, and finally the short brightly colored fellow.

Speaking to the chainmail-clad newcomer she says, "You there! Halt! Beware of the undead wolf!" Fool! He's going to get himself killed.

The large female inquistor charges as the wolf, morningstar in hand, aiming to put herself between the innocent bystander and the undead danger nearby.

Knowledge: 1d20 ⇒ 14 Figure bouncing too and fro.
Knowledge: 1d20 ⇒ 3 Former wolf thing

K:H +3, K:L +6, K:N +5, K:P +5, K:R +5 bonuses to above where applicable.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Delixia: You do know it both looks like a wolf and not a wolf at the same time but other than that you do not know what you are currently standing your ground against.

To know more about what you are looking at:

Knowledge (religion), DC 12:
This creature resembles a wolf with matted dark fur torn away in places. Its flesh is sickly gray where its fur is torn away. Its eyes are stark white. It is a Ghoul Wolf, Medium Undead.

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

Knowledge, religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

"I am pretty well read on the undead, but I have never seen such a thing. Best to be very wary."

Kisasi shoots at the wolf-dead and reloads.
I am assuming my previous spells have worn off.

Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Damage, undead: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Female Human Witch 4 | HP: 21/25 | AC:14/FF:11/T:13 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 | Init: +12 | Perc: +6 | Sanity 38/40

Careful! Mihaela hisses at Delixia while drawing her dagger and moves up carefully.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


CG Dwarven Cleric of Desna 4 | max HP: 31 | Sanity: 40/40 (2/20) | AC 19/12/17 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+6 | Init: +4 Per:+6

The dwarf with the brightly colored hair (purple and orange today) was perhaps not paying as much attention as he should have. Though he knew he was in a rough area of the country, Thistle still relished the freedom to wander. It was sad, of course, that his good friend had died, but at the same time, he had learned too much from Professor Lorrimor to think that the old man would want anyone to grieve over him.

Thistle was walking towards the graveyard, humming a little tune, occasionally singing a snatch of song out loud. The refrain of "...I like to go swimming with bowlegged women and swim between their legs..." was clear on the air, when he heard someone shouting something about an undead wolf.

He spun, scanning the surrounding area and seeing the tight-knit group of people some distance away. Continuing his spin, he froze as he caught sight of the creature. A ghoul wolf!

K. religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Kisasi, what are you shooting the wolf with?

Mihaela:
You are able to see the Southwest gate that leads into the Restlands. There is brush near the entrance and a woodline a short distance back from the road leading up to the gate. You do not see any other wolves as you approach this scene.

GM:

Initiative Rolls
Delixia: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Kisasi: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Mihaela: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
Thistle: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Ghoul Wolf: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Combat Round 1
Mihaela
Kisasi
Thistle
Wolf
Delixia

Mihaela, Kisasi, and Thistle are up for actions currently in this combat round.

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

Standard bolt from a light crossbow.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

The bolt from Kisasi' crossbow pierces into the putrid flesh of the wolf. The wolf growls in a menacing tone.

Combat Round 1
Mihaela
Kisasi
Thistle
Wolf, 7 damage
Delixia

Mihaela, Kisasi, and Thistle are up for actions currently in this combat round.


CG Dwarven Cleric of Desna 4 | max HP: 31 | Sanity: 40/40 (2/20) | AC 19/12/17 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+6 | Init: +4 Per:+6

Spying the wolf, and seeing the rest of the people around him going into full on fight mode, Thistle dropped his backpack to the ground and fitted a bolt to the string of his crossbow.

Free to drop backpack. Move to retrieve crossbow, move to load crossbow


Female Human Witch 4 | HP: 21/25 | AC:14/FF:11/T:13 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 | Init: +12 | Perc: +6 | Sanity 38/40

Mihaela draws her dagger and readies to attack if the wolf approaches her.

Ready action attack if comes in range
To Hit: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

The springs forward at Delixia with its jaws snapping at her arms.
Attack: Bite vs AC 17: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Damage: Bludgeoning, Piercing, Slashing: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Paralysis Rounds: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 DC 12 Fortitude Save to negate.
CMB: Trip vs CMD 15: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Combat Round 1
Mihaela
Kisasi
Thistle
Wolf, 7 damage
Delixia, 8 damage

Delixia you need to make a Fortitude Save vs. Paralysis. If you make the save then you are up for actions this round.


Female Human Inquisitor 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 20 | T: 12 | FF: 18 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9

Delixia was not expecting the creature to move so quickly and is not prepared for when its jaws clamp down on her arm. As the creature rips a huge wound open and blood begins to pour out of her body, it is all she can do to stave the shock and fight the foreign poison in her body. Gasps loudly in pain she tries to refocus back on the task at hand. Though her body is successful in avoiding paralysis it is not so lucky with her combined retaliation. Flailing the morningstar with her weak arm towards the undead creature she is unable to put as much strength into the blow as she would like.

Fortitude: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

The wolfs jaws snatched ahold of Delixia and tore into her flesh in a brutal manner. In an attempt to fend off the creature she flailed her morningstar at it but instead struck only air.

Combat Round 2
Mihaela
Kisasi
Thistle
Wolf, 7 damage
Delixia, 8 damage

Mihaela, Kisasi, and Thistle are up for actions in this round.


CG Dwarven Cleric of Desna 4 | max HP: 31 | Sanity: 40/40 (2/20) | AC 19/12/17 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+6 | Init: +4 Per:+6

Just in case I can't get to a computer later, can you tell me how far away I am from Delixia and the wolf? It's not clear from the graphic

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5
Thistle Winton wrote:

Just in case I can't get to a computer later, can you tell me how far away I am from Delixia and the wolf? It's not clear from the graphic

Thistle, you are 35 Feet from the wolf. I added text to indicate the size of each grid square.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Dwarven Cleric of Desna 4 | max HP: 31 | Sanity: 40/40 (2/20) | AC 19/12/17 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+6 | Init: +4 Per:+6

Thanks!

"Oh, do be careful! Those things can carry all sort of diseases, not to mention fleas. Which can carry even more diseases. In fact, don't even get close to it. That bite looks awful. Hold up a moment and I'll be right there. Have you fixed up in a trice. Or maybe a...quice? That doesn't sound right. Hang on, I've got it!"

The odd-looking dwarf stopped halfway to the struggling pair of combatants and let loose a blast of healing energy that kicked up dust from the ground as it washed over the combatants. A smile bloomed on his face as he watched the terrible wound mostly close.

Round 2, move and channel. Pretty sure my knowledge roll got that it was undead, but if not selectively removing the wolf from the healing. channel: 1d6 ⇒ 6


Female Human Inquisitor 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 20 | T: 12 | FF: 18 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9

Barely clinging to consciousness, the inquisitor shoots a sidelong glance at the brightly colored dwarf, annoyed. Wh-What? Are you serious right now?"

However when the healing wave washes over her, she shuts up and refocuses back on the battle at hand (Bloody hand that is). Shouting to her companions "Kisasi! Mihaela! Let's put this thing back in the ground where it belongs!"

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

"My pleasure."

Kisasi moves to get a clear shot, and casts disrupt undead.

Ranged Touch, PBR: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Female Human Witch 4 | HP: 21/25 | AC:14/FF:11/T:13 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 | Init: +12 | Perc: +6 | Sanity 38/40

Seeing the blood pour from Delixia's arm, Mihaela exclaims, "I'm coming! hold on!" she steps over and puts her hand on Delixia's back and chants a few words.

Healing Hex: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

I think I've only used it on Orin and the NPC so far

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

With a flick of the wrist and pointed finger a ray of white light shoots forth striking the wolf. For a brief moment the wolf glows a bright white and then falls to the ground. The wolf does not move in any way.

The acolyte steps forward "That was amazing! You fended off that beast with ease. Is anyone still hurt?"

If no one is in need of healing from the acolyte then he continues. "Very well. Then let us continue on. We must find Father Grimburrow." Rufio enters The Restlands through the Southwest gate and begins to follow the road leading up the hill towards the center of the cemetery.

As you proceed up the road everywhere you look you can see the earth churning as the occupants of these graves slowly unearth themselves. You can also see empty graves where the occupant has already unearthed them self.

You hear the sound of breaking bone just off the path to your left. As you look you see a lone figure is perched atop a nearby gravestone with a pile of broken and scattered bones before her. She is pale in color and small in stature. You do not see a weapon in her hands. Smaranda, you are welcome to provide any further description if you wish.

A cluster of aged stone vaults stand atop the hill overgrown with creepers and high wild grass. It seems this portion of the cemetery is older and gets less tending than other areas. Barely visible in the tall grass are a number of headstones, cracked and crumbling with age and canted at wild angles from their long years exposed to the elements. Dancing among them like a vision out of a fever dream is an elven maid. She is barefoot with long, lithe limbs and wears a tattered and stained hospital shift and the ragged remains of a straight jacket that no longer restrains her. In her arms she holds a narrow-bodied gypsy fiddle which she plays energetically as she dances about. Her face is the very picture of transported bliss as her eyes dance with gaiety and unbidden laughs actually burst forth from her mouth from time to time.

Though the elf may be the image of grace and joy, the effects of her playing cannot be denied, as rotten and skeletal arms continue to rise from the ground around her, clawing their way to the surface as they sway in perfect time with the frenetic music.

The stone vaults all remain sealed, so no undead have come forth from them yet. The headstones around her are dated 85 years ago and simply say “Unknown Wanderer. Foully murdered.”

Knowledge (local), DC 10:
You identify "Wanderer" as the name for the enigmatic gypsy bands that wander the North.

Knowledge (local or history), DC 20:
You recall tales of Alhindri’s band massacred near Ravengro and of the lone elf maid survivor who never spoke a word and was eventually locked up and forgotten.

Character Status:

Mihaela
Kisasi, 1 Strength Damage
Thistle
Delixia
Smaranda


CG Dwarven Cleric of Desna 4 | max HP: 31 | Sanity: 40/40 (2/20) | AC 19/12/17 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+6 | Init: +4 Per:+6

"Oh, good! I thought it might be harder than that, but apparently not. That arm looks surprisingly well for the mauling it got. Thank Desna for Her healing powers. Oh, sill me, I haven't introduced myself. I am Karthandalantalus, but you can call me Thistle. Seems that you have quite a band forming. Are you here for the graveyard also? I am coming to visit the grave of an old friend of mine. But, I see that things have gotten a little out of hand since I was last here."

Thistle ran a hand through his purple and orange hair, then seemed to notice that his pack was laying in the dust behind him. He scuttled back for it, and as he turned, you can see that his robes revealed a thin and very un-dwarflike frame. Thistle's shoulders were too narrow, and the legs spindly. His neck was thin and long, and his head perched on top of it like a roundish bird none too happy with the unsteady roost.

Picking up his pack, he moved on, catching back up to the group and continued talking.

"So, what are you doing here? Are you visiting some dead friends or relatives? I don't mean to sound uncaring, but we know that grief in this life is just a selfish manifestation of our own needs and desires projected onto the loss of a loved one. They are beyond such things, by Pharasma's sorting. Well, most of them at any rate. Some don't move on, and some choose not to face the Lady of Graves. But there you have it. Oh, and who is this?"

Thistle points upwards at the capering elf with the fiddle, and the small person perched on the headstone.

"Hello there! Can you please stop playing that fiddle? I am afraid you are disturbing the dead, somehow, and they need their rest. Pharasma really doesn't like it when people disturb the dead, and in this, at least, Desna is very supportive of her sister."


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

The girl is ragged and unkempt, her clothes dusty, her short hair matted. The headstone she crouches on is a simple rectangle of stone, and her dirty and callused feet grip the edge as she brushes slivers of bone from her hands. She hisses as a bony hand bursts through the churned ground beneath her feet, her lips drawing back to reveal yellow and rather pointed teeth.

The voice coming from the entrance of the graveyard makes her raise her head sharply and she obviously notices the approaching group. Her eyes go wide and she drops to the ground, crouching behind the headstone now interposed between her and the others. Her dark eyes track them with unwavering focus even as she lashes out with a foot at the restless dead clawing its way free nearby.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Inquisitor 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 20 | T: 12 | FF: 18 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9

Delixia watches to ensure the prey is dead before she checks her wounded arm "Thank you for your healing my good Gn-"

Turning back to Thistle to hank him before raising her eyebrows and shaking her head slightly. "-arf? Uh. We uh. We're trying to save the town from whatever this unholy event is that seems to be spreading across the land. What... I mean, who are you again? "

Clearing her throat she waves her hand dismissively. "No. Save that for later, we've got to put an end to this unholy music." And I really don't have time for his long-winded explanation on how his mother was a gnome and his father was a dwarf. Or maybe his mother was dwarf?

It's settled. Thistle is a Gnarf.

Pushing up ahead she shouts behind her, "Follow me, let's go!" Catching sight of the headstones she shouts, "The stones all say "Wanderer". I recognize that as the name for the enigmatic gypsy bands that wander the North!"

Catching sight of the unkempt and ragged girl, she readies her morningstar and jogs forward towards her prey. As she moves in she catches sight of the hand bursting from the ground and is suddenly unsure of what her target should be. "You there! Girl! Put your hands on the ground where I can see them! And stay away from that hand!"

K:History: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

Kisasi watches the gnomish-looking dwarf approach, raising an eyebrow in concern. Seems harmless enough, perhaps even helpful.

"Thistle, is it? We aren't really here on a lark. The town is being attacked by undead creatures, and they simply aren't prepared for it. I am. If you want to help,
fine - but please do not get in the way."

Seing the small dark one on the gravestone, Kisasi aims his crossbow. "Ghoul? Another of the undead?" As it hides behind the gravestone, Kisasi turns his attention to the one they came here to find: the fiddle player.

Moving quickly toward it, trying to avoid the rest of the waking undead, he works with Delixia to close the distance. "I don't really care what she was in life, right now she is waking the dead, and that has to stop. We either need to put her down, or get her to put that instrument down."

What is the fiddle player? A type of undead?
Knowledge, religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Lore(undead): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

351 to 400 of 1,798 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Big Joe's Carrion Crown Game All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.