Carrion Crown (Inactive)

Game Master Big Joe

Ustalav Map
Lepidstadt

Loot Tracker

Clover's Crossing former Church of Pharasma

Initiative Rolls
[dice=Delixia]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Kisasi]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Mihaela]1d20+12[/dice]
[dice=Smaranda]1d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Thistle]1d20+4[/dice]


401 to 450 of 1,798 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

The woman's voice snaps at her like cold iron, and, before she realizes what she's doing, Smaranda is halfway out from behind the headstone with her palms splayed on the ground. But then a bald, dark-skinned man aims a crossbow at her and she darts back behind the stone.

But he seems more interested in the elven dancing woman and her fiddle. What an odd thing to find in a cemetery... If it was true what the man was saying, that she was waking the dead, then that needed to stop indeed. Crouching low to the ground and trying to keep headstones between herself and the elven woman wherever possible, Smaranda starts circling towards the fiddler. Hopefully the dark-skinned man and his companions can distract her long enough that Smaranda can slip in unobserved and try to knock her out.

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Attempting to set up a flanking position with Delixia or Kisasi.


Female Human Witch 4 | HP: 21/25 | AC:14/FF:11/T:13 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 | Init: +12 | Perc: +6 | Sanity 38/40

Confused at the dwarf's jolly greeting, Mihaela looks at him with curiosity. "We were following the sound of the music as we believe it's tied into the dead rising from this graveyard." She looks to the rest of the group, "Perhaps we should go together, there is always safety in numbers. Especially with the walking dead...."

As Mihaela follows the party up the road, she recoils from graves as the occupants start poking out arms and legs.

She turns her head to where Thistle points. "I don't believe she's the source of the music. In fact, she seems to be dealing with the undead about as well as we are. Perhaps she's friendly?" as she sees the quiet woman look towards the woman with the fiddle.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Seeing the woman duck nearly of sight, Mihaela keeps a mental note to keep an eye on her until after they deal with the fiddler. She whispers to the party, "The woman on the tombstone seems more interested in the fiddler than us. I'll keep an eye on her, perhaps she is a potential ally."

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Kisasi, you are unable to get a read on the elf women. Perhaps it is that she is not undead.

The eleven women ignores all words spoken to her and continues to play the hauntingly beautiful music. Now that you have reached the hills crest you are able to note that there are several skeletons here with her and all appear to be wearing tatters of brightly colored clothing.


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

Friendly? That was not a word that anyone had ever used to describe Smaranda. She shrugs. Maybe if I help them they won't be mad at me. People were always mad at Smaranda and chased her away. Some tried to hurt her.

Creeping closer to the woman, she freezes as she takes in all her skeletal companions. The colourful rags they wear reminds her of the Varisians in the caravan, the ones who took her in and were nice to her. The ones who were friendly. Those were the happiest days of her life, so she hesitates for a moment. Undead were vile and needed to be destroyed, but these... Had they been Varisians too?

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

"Excuse me, miss. Can you stop playing and talk to us?"

Kisasi does not let his guard, or his crossbow, down, but he is willing to try and see if there is a peaceful resolution here.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

You receive no response to your question Kisasi. The women continues to play and is seemingly ignorant of your presence.


CG Dwarven Cleric of Desna 4 | max HP: 31 | Sanity: 40/40 (2/20) | AC 19/12/17 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+6 | Init: +4 Per:+6

"Attacked? By undead?! That's terrible. We must do something! Call out the guard, rouse the militia, evacuate the women and halflings! Oh, and we should probably do something to that elf woman and her fiddle. She may be at the heart of everything. It certainly sets my teeth on edge and I'm not even dead."

Thistle began to stride towards the woman.

"Now see here, Miss! As a holy cleric of Desna, I demand that you stop this at once! Leave the dead in peace, and we will leave you int he same condition."

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

Kisasi is taking no more chances, and moves to tackle the woman to stop her playing.

Grapple: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Ow well. And I believe that draws an AoO if she is interested.


Female Human Inquisitor 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 20 | T: 12 | FF: 18 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9

Looking to the gnarf and shakes her head and blow out an exasperated breath. Watching Kisasi go for the nonlethal solution, Delixia follows in turn. Reaching into a pouch she pulls out a pinch of a wool like substance and pushes her palm towards the woman as she mutters "Apstāties!"

Case daze DC12 on Ms. Piedpiper.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

GM:
Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

She continues to pay no head to any words spoken to her and continues to dance and play. Kisasi manages to grab nothing but air as he lunges at the elf women and her tinkle toes carry her out of harms way. Delixia' spell makes contact but has no outward effects that you can see.


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

Smaranda doesn't understand what these people are trying to do; they all seem to be focusing on the dancing woman, when there's skeletons walking about! Undead! But perhaps they know something she doesn't. Encouraged by the fact that they no longer shout at her or point weapons in her direction, the girl edges closer to the woman, taking care to avoid the one skeleton that stands between her and the elf.

Acrobatics to avoid AoO from orange skeleton: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

The dark-skinned man had tried to immobilize the woman, but she was too quick for him. Perhaps she is not too quick for Smaranda...

Grapple: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

If Smaranda provokes AoO from either orange skeleton or the elf woman:
Well, she had tried, but the undead were not to be reasoned with. Smaranda bares her teeth and her eyes gleam as she finally gives free reign to the desire of stomping these abominations into the dirt.

Attack, unarmed strike, orange skeleton/elf woman: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Damage, unarmed strike, bludgeoning: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Smaranda deftly slips passed the skeleton and also attempts grab the elven women but finds she only has snatched hold of air.

The haunting melody continues unabated.

GM:

Delixia: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Kisasi: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Mihaela: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31
Thistle: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Smaranda: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Alhindri: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Skeleton (red): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Skeleton (orange): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Skeleton (yellow): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Skeleton (brown): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Skeleton (blue): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Skeleton (purple): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Skeleton (pink): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Combat Round 1
Mihaela
Skeleton (pink)
Delixia
Smaranda
Skeleton (brown)
Alhindri (elven women, green)
Skeleton (blue)
Thistle
Skeleton (yellow)
Skeleton (orange)
Kisasi, 1 Strength damage
Skeleton (red)
Skeleton (purple)

Mihaela is up for actions in this combat round.


Female Human Inquisitor 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 20 | T: 12 | FF: 18 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9

Suddenly there are a lot more skeletons then I had pictured in my head. Oh boy.

Taking aim at the closest skeleton who likely will attack the colorful dwarf, Delixia charges ahead with her morningstar and swings it towards the head of the bag of bones.

Charge Morningstar: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 1 + 2 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

The tactical situation was... not good. She had placed herself in a position where she could be easily surrounded and overwhelmed. But Smaranda doesn't see an easy way out of this, and besides, it wouldn't be the first beating she'd taken. She'll survive. She hopes.

Perhaps taking out the elven woman will somehow do something to the skeletons...? One way to find out. Smaranda angles an elbow towards the woman's midsection, following with a kick to the ankles. Should the blows connect, the elf will hopefully be disrupted in her sorcerous music-making.

Flurry of blows, Attack 1, flanking, Idiot Strike: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 2 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Flurry of blows, Attack 2, flanking: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 2 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

if the first attack hits - Idiot Strike, DC 12 Will or be jinxed with bad luck for 1 round (take the worse of two rolls on attack rolls, skill checks, saving throws or caster level checks).


Female Human Witch 4 | HP: 21/25 | AC:14/FF:11/T:13 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 | Init: +12 | Perc: +6 | Sanity 38/40

Gasping at all the skeletons, Mihaela rushes over to the closest skeleton, mumbling words and gesture as she reaches out to touch the nearest one (Purple).

Touch Attack, Healing Hex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

"Begone!" she commands.

"Quick, we must take care of these skeletons or we may be overwhelmed!" she nods to Delixia and Thistle.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

With a simple touch from Mihaela the skeleton glows a soft white and crumbles to dust.

A skeleton (pink) advances on Kisasi and flails a clawed hand at his exposed flesh.
Attack: Claw vs. AC 15: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Damage: bludgeoning, piercing, slashing: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Delixia moves and takes a swing at the nearest skeleton (pink) and finds her morningstar caving in the skull of the risen undead.

GM:
Will Save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4
False Life: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Smaranda lets loose a barrage of blows against the Elven women but notes that her blows do not seem as effective as she would like. Despite this the elven women begins to buckle towards the ground at the end of the delivered blows before suddenly bouncing back up and looking as vibrant and alive as ever.

A skeleton (brown) shambles over towards Smaranda and tries to tear her flesh to ribbons with its bony hands.
Attack #1: Claw vs. AC 15: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Damage #1: bludgeoning, slashing, piercing: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Attack #2: Claw vs. AC 15: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Damage #2: bludgeoning, slashing, piercing: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Alhindri dances away and continues to play the fiddle. Smaranda and Kisasi, you may make an attack of opportunity if you wish.

A skeleton (blue) shambles over towards Kisasi and tries to tear his flesh to ribbons with its bony hand.
Attack: Claw vs. AC 15: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Damage: bludgeoning, slashing, piercing: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Combat Round 1
Mihaela
Skeleton (pink)
Delixia
Smaranda
Skeleton (brown)
Alhindri (elven women, green)
Skeleton (blue)
Thistle
Skeleton (yellow)
Skeleton (orange)
Kisasi, 1 Strength damage
Skeleton (red)
Skeleton (purple)

Thistle is up for actions in this combat round.


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

Smaranda hisses in frustration as the woman dances away from her. Those were good, solid blows she had landed. A normal person would have keeled over by now. Snarling, she aims a straight-fingered jab at where the woman's kidneys would be as the elf twirls away.

AoO attack, unarmed strike, flanking: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 2 = 18
AoO damage, bludgeoning: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

She flinches as a flare of divine energy disintegrates one of the skeletons.

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

Posting a little early in case I don't get another chance today.

Kisasi snarls as his flesh is torn, and sadly turns his attention away from the woman to destroy the more immediate threat. Stepping back 5' to get a chance to cast uninterupted, he mutters the phrases to shoot a beam of energy at the undead abomination.

Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 1 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Expert 5

The skinny and colorful gnarf steps up and pulls out a holy symbol. "Be gone you foul beasties! No one wants you here!" Channel energy to harm the undead. Selecting out Kisasi and Smaranda.
Channel Positive Energy to harm the undead: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 (DC 12 Will Save for half damage.)

GM:

Will Save (brown}: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Will Save (blue): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Will Save (yellow): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Will Save (orange): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Will Save (red): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

The skeleton closest to Kisasi glows a bright white for a brief moment as the ray of white energy strikes it. As the white glow fades the skeleton is no longer there and only a fine dust floats in the air where it once stood.

Combat Round 2
Mihaela
Skeleton (pink)
Delixia
Smaranda
Skeleton (brown), -3 HP
Alhindri (elven women, green)
Skeleton (blue)
Thistle
Skeleton (yellow)
Skeleton (orange), -3 HP
Kisasi, 1 Str damage, -5 HP
Skeleton (red)
Skeleton (purple)

Mihaela, Delixia, and Smaranda are up for actions in this combat round.


Female Human Witch 4 | HP: 21/25 | AC:14/FF:11/T:13 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 | Init: +12 | Perc: +6 | Sanity 38/40

Feeling inspired with Thistledwarf's abilities, Mihaela prepares another hex while she rushes up and touches the skeleton (maroon).

Touch Attack, Healing Hex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Silence the woman, Thistlebee and I have this last skeleton! she says.


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

Did Smaranda's AoO have any effect on Alhindri?

Even if they fought a common enemy, these people were dangerous to Smaranda. At least two of them commanded the kind of power that she had learned to fear, the same power that priests in villages and towns used to drive her out. The light that hurt. She flinches as the strange little man unleashes a wave of it, but strangely enough it does not seem to touch her. As the woman with the scarf approaches, Smaranda instinctively takes a step sideways, putting some distance between herself and the woman's dangerous touch.

Most of the skeletons had been quickly dealt with by the others, but one remained, and it stands between her and the elven woman with her annoying music. This ain't how you play a fiddle! Smaranda thinks, remembering firelit evenings with laughter and lively tunes. Incensed, she strikes with her open palms at the ribcage in front of her, aiming to shatter it.

Flurry of blows, Attack 1, orange skeleton: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Damage 1: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Flurry of blows, Attack 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Damage 2: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Female Human Inquisitor 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 20 | T: 12 | FF: 18 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9

After caving in the skull of the first undead creature, Delixia surges ahead towards the next one. Taking note of the battlefield, she decides to strategically place herself opposite of the strange girl who is punching the skeletons? "What the-" Is she seriously trying to punch the old bones with her bare hands? Why is it we seem to attracting a ragtag band of misfits? First this colorful dwarf, or gnome, and now she is trying to punch the skeletons!

Caught up in this completely inefficient fighting style, the inquisitor completely misses the one foot hole in front of her and trips as she swings her mornginstar towards the enemy.

Half-assed attack: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Yes Smaranda your AoO did strike true but you where able to note that she never seemed to visibly register the impact of your hit. I just forgot to mark it.

Once more Mihaela' gentle touch causes a skeleton to glow a soft white before become a fine dust in the air.

Smaranda finds that her palm strikes both miss the skeleton as it tries its best to loom over the ashen women.

With Delixia' stumble the Elven women dances away and her melody continues to play. Delixia you make make an Attack of Opportunity if you wish to.

Thistle once again looks to the divine power granted by Desna. "Let's get this over with so that we can focus on the dancing elf and her fiddle playing." Thistle holds a blue colored butterfly emblazoned with stars, the sun, and a crescent moon on its wings.
Channel Positive Energy to harm the undead.: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 (DC 12 Will Save for half damage; Selecting out Smaranda and Kisasi.)

GM:
Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

As the wave of energy rolls out from the colorful dwarf it strike the remaining skeleton which is immediately blown into dust. The wave of energy fizzles to a stop some thirty feet out from the dwarf as he stands their with a grin on his face. "Now let us see if we can't get her to stop playing."

Combat Round 2
Mihaela
Delixia
Smaranda
Alhindri (elven women, green), -11 HP
Thistle
Kisasi, 1 Str damage, -5 HP

Kisasi is up for actions in this combat round.

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

Kisasi moves to get a decent view of the woman, and starts concentrating on her and her gear, particularly the fiddle, trying to determine what magic is involved.

Move then Cast Detect Magic

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Kisasi:
You do detect the presence of a magical aura. (First round)

GM:
Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Combat Round 3
Mihaela
Delixia
Smaranda
Alhindri (elven women, green), -11 HP
Thistle
Kisasi, 1 Str damage, -5 HP

Mihaela, Delixia, and Smaranda are up for actions in this combat round.


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

Growling in frustration, Smaranda sidesteps around a tomb to get a better view of the woman as she continues to prance around. That godsdamned fiddle was starting to get to her and she doesn't understand why her blows were so ineffective. Time to change tactics, perhaps. From an inner pocket sewn into her ragged clothing, she withdraws a small, metallic seven-pointed star with cruel barbs on each point. Taking careful aim at the fiddle, she flicks her wrist in an underhand throw. The woman is clearly insane, so killing her is not right, but perhaps destroying the instrument will stop the dead from rising.

Attack fiddle, shuriken: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Damage, piercing: 1d2 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Female Human Inquisitor 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 20 | T: 12 | FF: 18 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9

From her half tripped position she saw the fiddler trying to get away. Swing her morningstar in desperation to stop her, Delixia lunges forward with a swing but barely has enough momentum to get the weapon around let alone catch up with the fleeing fiddler.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Smaranda, I am assuming you are attempting to Sunder the fiddle.

Your shuriken clearly strikes the fiddle but does not appear to cause any damage.

Combat Round 3
Mihaela
Delixia
Smaranda
Alhindri (elven women, green), -11 HP
Thistle
Kisasi, 1 Str damage, -5 HP

Mihaela and Delixia are up for actions in this combat round. Delixia you only took your AoO so far.

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

When Kisasi's turn comes up, he is going to maintain concentration on Detect Magic to see if he can pinpoint what we are dealing with.


Female Human Witch 4 | HP: 21/25 | AC:14/FF:11/T:13 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 | Init: +12 | Perc: +6 | Sanity 38/40

With all the skeletons down, Mihaela focuses her attention to the elven woman. Feeling she should not take on the woman directly, she mumbles and gestures and releases a Detect magic.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Mihaela:
You do detect the presence of a magical aura. (First round)

Combat Round 3
Mihaela
Delixia
Smaranda
Alhindri (elven women, green), -11 HP
Thistle
Kisasi, 1 Str damage, -5 HP

Delixia are up for actions in this combat round. Delixia you only took your Attack of Opportunity so far.


Female Human Inquisitor 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 20 | T: 12 | FF: 18 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9

Sorry about that, it was something of a unique weekend for me and I was completely offline and unavailable!

Watching the fiddler move away, Delixia shouts, "Stop right there woman!" as she surges forward and whips her morningstar towards the fleeing target.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 +1 if she is undead, thinking not? Did we identify her?
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Kisasi did use Knowledge (religion) to try to identify her.

Your morning star whirls through the air and strikes the elven women. She stumbles for a moment before a black and red haze swirls around her and seems totally uninjured.

GM:
False Life: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

The elven women dances away and continues to play the fiddle. The haunting melody continues to float across the crematory causing the ground to continue to stir. Delixia you get an Attack of Opportunity if you want to take it.

Thistle strides confidently forward and demands "Drop it!" in the direction of the elven women. Casting Command, DC 13 Will Save to negate.

GM:
Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Kisasi the elven women is now outside of cone of your Detect Magic spell.

Combat Round 3
Mihaela
Delixia
Smaranda
Alhindri (elven women, green)
Thistle
Kisasi, 1 Str damage, -5 HP

Kisasi is up for actions this round.


Female Human Inquisitor 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 20 | T: 12 | FF: 18 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9

Unable to believe her attack missed she shouts back at her group, "Something is wrong here! There is no way she has some black and red mist around her after my strike and she appears unhurt! We need to change something."

Studying the fiddler she tries to identify what's going on here.

K:H: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
K:L: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
K:N: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
K:P: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
K:R: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

+2 to Knowledge checks when identifying the weaknessess of creatures.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

To know more about the elven women roll either Knowledge history or local.

Knowledge (local or history), DC 20:

You recall tales of Alhindri’s band massacred near Ravengro and of the lone elf maid survivor who never spoke a word and was eventually locked up and forgotten.

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

Kisasi catches back up with the elf, and tries to grab the fiddle from her hands.

Disarm: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20


CG Dwarven Cleric of Desna 4 | max HP: 31 | Sanity: 40/40 (2/20) | AC 19/12/17 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+6 | Init: +4 Per:+6

GM - thank you for running Thistle while I was away. You did almost exactly what I would have done. I, of course, would have accomplished it with more panache, adn maybe some storytelling, some recounting of fine adventures, and perhaps even a light song, but yes, you did a passable job. Almost good, even. ;-)

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Kisasi rips the fiddle out of the elven women's hands. She stands there unmoving after having the fiddle taken away from her.

A skeleton pushes up out of the ground, shakes off the dirt, and stands upright.

Combat Round 4
Mihaela
Delixia
Smaranda
Alhindri (elven women, green)
Thistle
Kisasi, 1 Str damage, -5 HP
Skeleton (red)

Mihaela, Delixia, and Smaranda are up for actions this round.


Female Human Witch 4 | HP: 21/25 | AC:14/FF:11/T:13 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 | Init: +12 | Perc: +6 | Sanity 38/40

"I got it!" Mihaela shouts, seeing the skeleton rise, "Take care of the woman!"

Healing Hex, Touch: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

as she hurries over, she stumbles over her feet and misses the skeleton badly, swearing under her breath.


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

The woman had stopped prancing around once the fiddle was taken from her, but Smaranda doesn't want to take any chances. Glancing warily at the colourful little... person, she makes two steps forward and leaps upward, aiming to fasten her arms around the woman's head and neck, and her legs around her torso, pinning the arms to the body. It was a risky thing, as she was exposing her to a kick or punch in the belly, or the woman could snap her head forward and crack her in the chin. She would have much preferred to do this from behind, but there was no time to circle around.

Grapple, provokes AoO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

The elven women dips as Smaranda leaps at her causing Smaranda to miss her. Mean while the elven womens gaze locks on to the fiddle that Kisasi is now holding.

Combat Round 4
Mihaela
Delixia
Smaranda
Alhindri (elven women, green)
Thistle
Kisasi, 1 Str damage, -5 HP
Skeleton (red)

Delixia is up for actions this round.

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

Now that the music has stopped (assuming that it has), are the undead still rising?

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

At the moment you do have one that has risen. As for anything else you will have to give me a perception check on your turn to exam the ground of the cemetery to see if it is still stirring.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Delixia moves to surround the elven women and thankfully does not encounter any holes as she moves. She lines up a strike to the back of the women's head and tries to knock the women out.
Non-lethal Attack: morningstar, flanking: 1d20 + 3 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 2 - 4 = 21
Non-lethal Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Critical Roll Confirmation Non-lethal Attack: morningstar, flanking: 1d20 + 3 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 2 - 4 = 19
Critical Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Combat Round 4
Mihaela
Delixia
Smaranda
Alhindri (elven women, green), -15 HP, Unconscious
Thistle
Kisasi, 1 Str damage, -5 HP
Skeleton (red)

Thistle and Kisasi are up for actions this round.

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

Perception : 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Kisasi looks quickly to see if the dead continue to rise, but he stays on the move to avoid the girl as he again concentrates on detecting magic on the fiddle.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

There is one skeleton currently standing above ground and it appears as alive as a skeleton can be. At the moment nothing else appears to be stirring below ground.

Kisasi:
You do detect the presence of a magical aura. (First round)


CG Dwarven Cleric of Desna 4 | max HP: 31 | Sanity: 40/40 (2/20) | AC 19/12/17 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+6 | Init: +4 Per:+6

"Hold on there, dusky-skinned fellow! I will heal your wounds. It is the least I can do for you and your companions' aid in helping me to vanquish these undead. Abominations, they are, and ugly to boot! Fortunate you are that Desna led me here to defeat them, and save you and the town from their deleterious depredations. Now, could you be a good fellow and have the others clean up that last shambling beastie for me while I patch you up?"

clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Convert Command to CLW for healing on Kisasi.

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

Ouch.

Kisasi, examining the fiddle, suddenly drops unconscious, bleeding from his ears.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Dwarven Cleric of Desna 4 | max HP: 31 | Sanity: 40/40 (2/20) | AC 19/12/17 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+6 | Init: +4 Per:+6

"Oh, by the scaled wings of Featha, what have I done? I was so excited about the victory that I completely failed to take into account his vulnerabilities! Why didn't you stop me?" The dwarf cried this last to no one in particular. Then, he dropped quickly to the dhampir's side and began trying to minister to the man.

401 to 450 of 1,798 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Big Joe's Carrion Crown Game All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.