Carrion Crown (Inactive)

Game Master Big Joe

Ustalav Map
Lepidstadt

Loot Tracker

Clover's Crossing former Church of Pharasma

Initiative Rolls
[dice=Delixia]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Kisasi]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Mihaela]1d20+12[/dice]
[dice=Smaranda]1d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Thistle]1d20+4[/dice]


1,151 to 1,200 of 1,798 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

”I agree with your sense of urgency, but sometimes the key to putting the dead to rest is to find what is holding them here. But if you insist on going now, I will join you.”

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

It appears we have a majority so back to Harrowstone it is.

I will need a marching order for entering the front gate at Harrowstone.

You head south out of Ravengro and climb the winding road that leads to the front gate of Harrowstone once more.

A sagging wood and metal gate set between a pair of stone guard towers once barred entrance into Harrowstone, but the gates now hang negligently open, creaking softly in what wind touches the ruined bars.


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

Smaranda would be somewhere in front.


CG Dwarven Cleric of Desna 4 | max HP: 31 | Sanity: 40/40 (2/20) | AC 19/12/17 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+6 | Init: +4 Per:+6

Thistle in middle to back

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

Kisasi will try to guard the rear.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

You all reenter the grounds of Harrowstone finding them like you left them the previous day. The rickety former home remains standing in front of Harrowstone's main building. The entry continues to loom dark and foreboding for all who dare enter.

DC 15 Perception:
The ivy and grass have been cleared along the edge where the foundation meets the ground, and along this edge a series of sinuous runes has been etched and then smeared with blood. The runes go around the entire building’s foundation save for the northeast corner, where part of the building has flooded and the foundation has crumbled away.

If you made the DC 15 Perception check or someone who does directs your attention to what they spotted, you may attempt any of the following.

Varisian:
The runes themselves are written in Varisian, and among numerous magical incantations, repeat the name Lyvar Hawkran dozens of times.

DC 20 Knowledge (arcana or religion):
Although the runes no longer radiate magic you know enough to determine that they seem to have been part of a larger ritual that involved both abjuration and necromantic magic.

DC 30 Knowledge (arcana):
You are able to determine that the runes inscribed on the foundation were used to capture and imprison Warden Hawkran’s ghost.


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Knowledge religion: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Smaranda points wordlessly at the edge of the building and the runes scratched there. She crouches a step away from them, her lips moving as she deciphers them.

"Lyvar Hawkran... The Warden?"

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

Knowledge, religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Knowledge, arcana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

"Hmm. Any chance the professor did this? Although, I can't imagine he would smear blood around. Perhaps we should check inside."

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

My apologies for the delay in posting. I got very busy at work."

Entering the main building you are once again confronted with the doors slamming shut and holding fast despite your effort to open them. Waiting a minute you find that you are once again able to open any of the doors again with ease.

You all are currently in S2. You still have approximately half of the first floor that you have not yet searched. Where do you wish to go?

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

Seeing everyone standing around a making no decisions, Kisasi leads the way down the hall on the first floor toward the as yet explored areas. "Let's be on with it, shall we? Waiting won't make us any less frightened."


Female Human Witch 4 | HP: 21/25 | AC:14/FF:11/T:13 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 | Init: +12 | Perc: +6 | Sanity 38/40

Oh hey! Mihaela can read Varisian!

Mihaela looks at the runes, "I have no idea what they mean, but they appear to be some sort of magical incantation that's repeating the name 'Lyvar Hawkran' over and over and over again. We can probably ask around to see if anyone recognizes the name or look for clues with that name on it." as she follows Kisasi down the hall.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Several moldy cots lay strewn around this room, while doors to smaller, more private sleeping cells hang askew to the west. Judging from the rest of this room’s decor, this must have once been the prison’s infirmary.


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

Smaranda gives Mihaela a look. [smaller]"I think Hawkran was the warden here, the ghost lady told us her name was Hawkran and she was his wife." It occurs to her that she might sound like she's lecturing the other woman, so she coughs awkwardly and hurries to catch up with Kisasi as he explores the rest of the prison's ground floor.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


CG Dwarven Cleric of Desna 4 | max HP: 31 | Sanity: 40/40 (2/20) | AC 19/12/17 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+6 | Init: +4 Per:+6

k. religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Thistle pops out of the reverie he has been in all morning and speaks up. "In some texts I have read, a person's name in rune around an object were used to call a spirit to a specific place, or to ward it away. Or perhaps it's just graffiti? I just don't know. If Professor Larrydore were around, I expect he would know..." Thistle broke off as he realized Kendra was still with them.

"I am sure they have nothing to do with our purpose here, however. Oh, this must have been the infirmary. I wonder if they left us anything we can use to purge this place of its spirits?"

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Female Human Inquisitor 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 20 | T: 12 | FF: 18 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9

Del more or less ignores everything the gnarf says most of the time, but at the mention of of purging evil spirits she perks up and looks around. When she doens't find anything she shoots a frown at Thistle "I don't think there is anything here, let's not waste any more time in here than we have to."

Moving ahead she pushes on to the door to the next room, putting as much distance between her and Mr. Talkypants as possible.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

You begin exploring the room when a ghostly, skeletal figure rises up amid a whirling cyclone of tools, plates, utensils, and other loose objects.

GM:
10% Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 93

GM:
Initiative
Smaranda: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Mihaela: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
Thistle: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Kisasi: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Delixia: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Poltergeist: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Initiative/Player Status
Round 1

Mihaela
Thistle 3 Con Damage
Smaranda
Kisasi
Delixia
Enemy

The entire party is up to act.

DC 12 Knowledge (religion):
The ghostly skeletal figure is a medium size incorporeal undead known as a poltergeist. Poltergeist's are telekinetic.


CG Dwarven Cleric of Desna 4 | max HP: 31 | Sanity: 40/40 (2/20) | AC 19/12/17 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+6 | Init: +4 Per:+6

k. religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

"Oh my, a cloud of...and are they...this could be very bad. DAY-LIX-EE-AH, look out!"

I don't see anything on the map to attack so, assuming the creature is undead or haunt of some kind...

Thistle, assuming that like everything else in this place, this strange apparition could be harmed by positive energy, called upon Desna to give him power, then moved forward and delivered that power unto the creature. His faith wavered a bit at the end though, and the charge was not as strong as it might have been.

Casting cure light wounds to harm undead.

touch: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
positive energy: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Thistle reaches into the swirling mess and with a snap and pop of white light his spell transfers its power into something in the middle. You for the very briefest of moments are able to see a ghostly skeletal figure in the midst of the swirling objects.

Thistle, you get one question with you Knowledge check result.

Initiative/Player Status
Round 1

Mihaela
Thistle 3 Con Damage
Smaranda
Kisasi
Delixia
Enemy -3 HP


CG Dwarven Cleric of Desna 4 | max HP: 31 | Sanity: 40/40 (2/20) | AC 19/12/17 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+6 | Init: +4 Per:+6

Let's start with "what is it", followed by defenses and weaknesses

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5
Thistle Winton wrote:
Let's start with "what is it", followed by defenses and weaknesses

Thistle:
Check the Knowledge (religion) spoiler for what it is.

Defenses: Incorporeal, Natural invisibility, Rejuvenation, Undead Traits.

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

Know, religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
How about any special attacks?

"Poltergeist! Your weapons won't do much to it, and watch for things flying at you from anywhere!"

Kisasi reacts quickly, casting another disrupt undead spell at the poltergeist.

Attack vs Touch AC (Ray), PBR: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 1 = 20
Damage, PBR, undead: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Kisasi:
Frightener: It can drop its natural invisibility to frighten you. Telekinesis: It can hurl objects and lightweight creatures at you to injure you, them, or both.

The bright white ray streaks through the air and explodes against something amidst the objects in a brilliant flash of white light.
_________________________________________
Initiative/Player Status
Round 1

Mihaela
Thistle 3 Con Damage
Smaranda
Kisasi
Delixia
Poltergeist -8 HP

Mihaela, Smaranda, and Delixia are still up to act.


CG Dwarven Cleric of Desna 4 | max HP: 31 | Sanity: 40/40 (2/20) | AC 19/12/17 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+6 | Init: +4 Per:+6

I am so ashamed


Female Human Witch 4 | HP: 21/25 | AC:14/FF:11/T:13 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 | Init: +12 | Perc: +6 | Sanity 38/40

Mihaela rushes into the room, tapping Smaranda on the shoulder, giving her a ward. "You can do it Smaranda!" she cheers.


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

Smaranda frowns at the swirl of objects and debris, then shrugs, strides forward and punches it. Kisasi was babbling something, but the word he was saying meant nothing to her.

Knowledge religion: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Attack, unarmed strike: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Female Human Inquisitor 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 20 | T: 12 | FF: 18 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9

You should be. Let's all shame the gnarf. SHAME! SHAME!

Delixia perks up at Kisasi's words and moves into action. She quickly moves in and touches Smaranda's left hand. "May Pharasma guide your fist to destroy this unnatural abomination.

Del uses Touch the Spirit World on Smaranda. With a touch, you can empower a weapon to affect incorporeal creatures. The weapon touched deals half damage to incorporeal creatures, or full damage if it is a magic weapon.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Mihaela strengthens Smaranda for this fight by making her more difficult to hit and harder to effect.

Smaranda's blow does not find any purchase.

Delixia, heading the Kisasi's call, imbues Smaranda with the ability to strike ghost like creatures.

_________________________________________
Initiative/Player Status
Round 2

Mihaela
Thistle 3 Con Damage
Smaranda (Hex Ward, Touch the Spirit World - 2 rounds)
Kisasi
Delixia
Poltergeist -8 HP

The entire party is up to act in this combat round.

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

"Good thinking, Del!"

Kisasi continues with his disrupt undead assault. Unfortunately, the nature of the poltergeist makes it difficult to target.

Attack vs Touch AC (Ray), PBR: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6
Damage, PBR, undead: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

"So... keep hitting?"

Only slightly deterred by her initial lack of success, Smaranda punches again, following it up with a powerful sweeping kick from the hips.

Attack, flurry, touch of the spiritual world: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Attack, flurry, touch of the spiritual world: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

GM:
Miss Chance 50%: 1d100 ⇒ 51
Miss Chance 50%: 1d100 ⇒ 5

Kisasi's ray of bright white light flies wide of his intended target.

Despite not being able to see her intended target Smaranda's fist finds purchase within the center of the swirling debris. Her kick however bounces off of a cracked bowl as it whirls past.

_________________________________________
Initiative/Player Status
Round 2 Continued

Mihaela
Thistle 3 Con Damage
Smaranda (Hex Ward, Touch the Spirit World - 2 rounds)
Kisasi
Delixia
Poltergeist -11 HP

Mihaela, Thistle, and Delixia are still up to act in this combat round.


Female Human Inquisitor 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 20 | T: 12 | FF: 18 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9

"Yes!" she shouts in response to Smaranda's query.

Delixia watches Smaranda get a solid hit on the poltergeist and smirks at it, "Got ya."

She looks around to try and find the invisible creature, but doesn't have much luck locating it.

Perception to pinpoint: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Delixia:
So far as best as you can tell all of the paranormal like activity seem centered on the swirling debris (aka the red circle on the map).

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Mihaela, seeing the success her fellows are having, decides to try her own hand at effecting whatever it is within the swirling debris. She moves in, reaches her hand in, and attempts to touch the creature.
Melee Touch Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Miss Chance 50%: 1d100 ⇒ 6 MISS!

Thistle steps back away from the swirling debris as the others close in.

The creature within the debris suddenly turns visible revealing itself to be a ghostly skeletal human. (DC 14 Will Save or Frightened for 1d4 ⇒ 1 rounds. This is a mind-effecting fear effect.) The creatures then becomes invisible again before any of you can act against it.
________________________________________
Initiative/Player Status
Round 3

Mihaela
Thistle 3 Con Damage
Smaranda (Hex Ward, Touch the Spirit World - 1 round)
Kisasi
Delixia
Poltergeist -11 HP

The entire party is up to act in this combat round.


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

Will Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Suddenly, Smaranda screams and turns to flee. It was just all too much. The haunted prison with its sordid secrets, the ghosts, the animated skeletons, objects flying though the air and trying to kill you... she had to get out of here, this was not safe!

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

"Wait for me!" Kisasi shouts, as he chases Smaranda out the door.


Female Human Inquisitor 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 20 | T: 12 | FF: 18 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9

Delixia lowers her head and closes her eyes, summoning enough strength to resist the urge to follow the others as they bolt away. Calling upon her deity once more, she reaches out at touches her cold iron morningstar while saying a prayer of Pharasma.

Using Touch the Spirit World on my weapon.

Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


CG Dwarven Cleric of Desna 4 | max HP: 31 | Sanity: 40/40 (2/20) | AC 19/12/17 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+6 | Init: +4 Per:+6

will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

"That's interesting. Why would a poltergeist care about being a skeleton? Isn't a cloud of whirling debris scary enough?"

He concentrated, letting Desna's power flow through him to fill the room and disrupt the undead creature. Unfortunatley, Kisasi slammed into him as he ran out of the door, and his concentration broke before he could summon more than a mere fraction of the power he intended to unleash. On second, thought, it was probably a good thing Smaranda and Kisasi had left before Thistle healed them to death again.

Channeling energy to harm undead

channel: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Mihaela DC 14 Will Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Mihaela holds her ground when the Poltergeist makes its appearance.

GM:
1d100 ⇒ 13

A cracked bowl, a plate, and broken glassware goes flying at Delixia.
Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Damage: Bludgeoning: 1d6 ⇒ 6
________________________________________
Initiative/Player Status
Round 4

Mihaela
Thistle 3 Con Damage
Smaranda (Hex Ward)
Kisasi
Delixia (Touch the Spirit World - 2 rounds)
Poltergeist -12 HP

The entire party is up to act in this combat round.

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

As the would be heroes make their escape, Kisasi gets a hold o fhis fear. "Wait, Smaranda! We can't leave them in there!"

Kisasi turns back to the room. I assume I spent a double move to leave, so a double move to return.


Female Human Inquisitor 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 20 | T: 12 | FF: 18 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9

The most viciously thrown dinnerware nearly impacts Delixia, but she dodges at the last moment as it flies by and shatters on the wall behind her. As pieces of the broken glass spray on Thistle, Delixia counter attacks with her empowered cold iron morningstar.

Attack!: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 1 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Miss Chance 50%: 1d100 ⇒ 53

Delixia grips the handle of her morningstar hard and swings with all her might. The powerful blow finds purchase where she can see nothing. As her strike lands true all of the swirling objects fall to the floor with a might clatter.

COMBAT OVER!

________________________________________
Character Status

Mihaela
Thistle 3 Con Damage
Smaranda (Hex Ward)
Kisasi
Delixia (Touch the Spirit World - 1 round)


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

Smaranda turns her head towards Kisasi as he calls out to her, her eyes huge and dark in her face. For a moment, it seems like she will continue to run, but then she shakes her head and turns back, not meeting the others' gaze.

Now that the poltergeist is ended, she occupies herself by poking half-heartedly at things around the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Even with a halfhearted search Smaranda is able to find several items that may prove useful. A search of this cluttered room reveals a number of valuable objects—a pair of fully stocked healer’s kits, 3 vials of antitoxin, 2 vials of antiplague, 3 doses of bloodblock, 3 doses of smelling salts, 2 vials of soothe syrup, 2 potions of cure light wounds, and 2 potions of inflict light wounds.

All found items are listed in on the Loot Tracker at the top.

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

"Our spirit here collected much of use. Thanks, Del, for taking care of that problem."

Kisasi looks to the next door, listening to see if all is quiet.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


CG Dwarven Cleric of Desna 4 | max HP: 31 | Sanity: 40/40 (2/20) | AC 19/12/17 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+6 | Init: +4 Per:+6

"Yes, indeed DAY-LIX-EE-AH, you were of great help for a change. And look at all these fine items. You'd think we raided an infirmary. Although what a poltergeist would be doing in an infirmary is beyond me. They usually prefer kitchens and parlors, don't they? And china shops. I definitely recall reading that they like hanging around china shops, breaking the dishes and terrifying the shopkeeper's daughters."

Chattering away, Thistle moved up to join Kisasi. "Did you see that we found some potions of negative energy? Make sure you drink those and not the other ones. Blue Ox may make you feel as light as a feather, but not if you are of the darkblooded."

Thistle said this last with the complete confidence of someone who had not recently nearly healed his new friend to death.

Following Kisasi to the next room

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Opening the door into the next room you see a huge stone furnace dominates this room, large enough for a child to climb inside. An ancient fire has burned away the entire east wall the room, providing a panoramic, if eerie, view of the lake beyond. That same lake has gradually expanded into the room, flooding its eastern half.


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

Still feeling ashamed from her earlier reaction, Smaranda surrenders everything that she finds to the others, then follows Kisasi in the next room. The furnace looks ominous to her, so she gives it a wide berth as she walks around the room, poking at debris, eyes downcast.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

She is starting to get frustrated and apprehensive about this entire thing, feeling that they are running out of time. Where could that symbol of office be? How does it even look like? Would they know it if they saw it? Smaranda feels quite certain that she wouldn't, so much of what they are encountering is foreign and strange to her.

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

Kisasi looks around, and then inside, the furnace. Maybe someone tried burning old records?

He is wary of the water, though, in case anything has taken to living in the area.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

The enormous furnace in this chamber once heated Harrowstone. A soot-caked copper plaque over the furnace entrance reads “Ember Maw.”

Kisasi:
You notice the face of the furnace beginning to animate and to scent the sudden rising stink of burning flesh.

DC 15 Perception:
You notice the face of the furnace beginning to animate and to scent the sudden rising stink of burning flesh.

Kisasi and anyone who makes the Perception check will get to act in the surprise round.

________________________________________

GM:

Smaranda: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Mihaela: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31
Thistle: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Kisasi: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Delixia: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Ember Maw: 10 = 10

Initiative/Character Status
Surprise Round

Mihaela
Delixia
Thistle 3 Con Damage
Kisasi
Ember Maw
Smaranda (Ward Hex)


CG Dwarven Cleric of Desna 4 | max HP: 31 | Sanity: 40/40 (2/20) | AC 19/12/17 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+6 | Init: +4 Per:+6

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

"That truly is a beautiful sight, isn't it? I mean, see how the lake and sky interact with the trees as a boundary between?"

Thistle is entirely distracted by the view of the lake to pay attention to furnaces and such.

1,151 to 1,200 of 1,798 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Big Joe's Carrion Crown Game All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.