You know you're in trouble when you get to the table and...


Pathfinder Society

2,251 to 2,300 of 2,489 << first < prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | next > last >>
4/5

Lem Wayluck wrote:
I assumed it was all the snickering from us venture captains who mostly had our own flying lodges pretending like we cared what Sheila had to say it was great to revel in the absurd.

Mickey had beef with Sheila, which is a pretty incredible thing to say given Mickey's otherwise laid back personality.

But yes, definitely the flying lodge thing, too.

Grand Lodge 4/5 5/55/55/55/5 **

1 person marked this as FAQ candidate. 3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I enjoy Sheila and her ruthlessness. Heck, I cosplayed her and the pictures are up on Meetup to prove it.

But I am very amused at your retirement swansong, Serisen.

Hmm

Shadow Lodge 4/5

I love Sheila precisely for the controversy she sparked. It's become memetic.

Grand Lodge 4/5 5/55/55/55/5 **

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Agreed. She's a very interesting VC. Her ruthlessness is exactly what makes her so fascinating.

Hmm

Scarab Sages 2/5 5/55/5

I maintain that Sheila is secretly an agent for a Runelord, if not an actual Runelord herself.

1/5 5/5

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Belabras wrote:
I maintain that Sheila is secretly an agent for a Runelord, if not an actual Runelord herself.

True story, our home RotRL campaign thought she was too, but the Society was *just too darn useful* doing all the 'book-work' while we were off 'saving the world'

Liberty's Edge 4/5 5/55/5 ***

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Serisan wrote:
Hilary Moon Murphy wrote:
Mystic Mickey wrote:
That's ok. I threw Sheila a disintegrate and sirocco party about 2 minutes before my retirement party.

Is that why the tier 19 tables at Race for the Runecarved Key were laughing so hard?

Oh... That sounds hilarious!

Hmm

That was deemed the acceptable alternative to what I wanted to do, which was destroy the special with greater possession on Sheila to teach her the value of field work.

We did bring her back a present from the Aspis caravan. A lovely bird. Such amazing plumage!

As for the laughter... what else are you supposed to do when your GM rolls attacks for 10 rounds while you attempt to talk your way through an encounter?

There I was, sitting on the chair in front of the window, while that thief who got himself inn over his head throws his little daggers at me... never once hitting, mind you. I was just trying to offer him a way out... protective custody, as it were. In the end, he just wouldn't listen, until I found someone loud enough to make him listen...


The player with a stack of characters has played this game world or knows the GM.
(If I ever play Ravenloft again, I will be that guy.)

Grand Lodge 4/5 Venture-Agent, Texas—Houston

1 person marked this as a favorite.

The party healer is a sorcerer with max ranks in UMD and a wand of cure serious... in Eyes of the Ten.

5/5 *****

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Kelly Youngblood wrote:
The party healer is a sorcerer with max ranks in UMD and a wand of cure serious... in Eyes of the Ten.

My first Eyes of the Ten party was two sorcerers, a sorcerer/gunslinger/eldritch knight and a paladin archer. Healing is something we did out of combat with cure light wounds. Mostly we managed to lock enemies down, if they cant act they cant hurt you. To be fair we avoided one of the most dangerous combats in it.

Eyes, don't look if you haven't played it:
We avoided big bird by charming his handler before he saw us coming


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Hats or t-shirts displaying opposing political opinions.

1/5 5/5

Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Player and GM having a rules discussion, and GM asks the simple question of 'What happens if the character gets *insert CM here*'.

Player then erupting saying 'that'd never happen', before going back to gushing about how awesome their character is.

GM again asking "What happens if the character gets *insert CM here*".

Player then bellowing that the GM has no right to ask that question and leaving the table in a fit, attempting to take half the table with them so it would not fire...

Spoiler:
...it not only fired, a lot of fun was had by all, with the assistance of Seoni (the Intern)


What does CM stand for in this situation?

Grand Lodge 4/5 Venture-Lieutenant, Arizona—Phoenix

Countermeasure.

The Exchange 1/5

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Red Metal wrote:
What does CM stand for in this situation?

I am wondering if it is combat maneuvered?


Anyone at the table is using ambiguous terms like countermeasures.
Demand a definition or you will walk away.

Countermeasures can include, but are not limited to...
Silvered weapons
guns
tear gas grenades
cold iron weapons
holy water
sunrods
dead magic zones
Adamant claws
bright energy weapons
energy draining undead
and finally, great old ones.

Scarab Sages 4/5

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I think Wei Ji was just being non-specific for the sake of the post. Using <insert countermeasure here> instead of picking something specific, like "what happens if he gets Dominated?" or whatever.

3/5 ** Venture-Agent, Massachusetts—Boston Metro

Wei Ji the Learner wrote:


Player and GM having a rules discussion, and GM asks the simple question of 'What happens if the character gets *insert CM here*'.

Player then erupting saying 'that'd never happen', before going back to gushing about how awesome their character is.

GM again asking "What happens if the character gets *insert CM here*".

Player then bellowing that the GM has no right to ask that question and leaving the table in a fit, attempting to take half the table with them so it would not fire...

** spoiler omitted **

It could be worst. I have a character where the answer to that question is probably kill the rest of the party in a rapid succession. I really need to figure out the quickest way to kill a shadow that isn't the conventional undead ways.

Shadow Lodge 4/5

4 people marked this as a favorite.

...two are dead before you even land on Sevenfinger's Tomb.

Grand Lodge 2/5

MadScientistWorking wrote:
It could be worst. I have a character where the answer to that question is probably kill the rest of the party in a rapid succession. I really need to figure out the quickest way to kill a shadow that isn't the conventional undead ways.

Uh..just one?

3/5 ** Venture-Agent, Massachusetts—Boston Metro

claudekennilol wrote:
MadScientistWorking wrote:
It could be worst. I have a character where the answer to that question is probably kill the rest of the party in a rapid succession. I really need to figure out the quickest way to kill a shadow that isn't the conventional undead ways.
Uh..just one?

My Oracle can turn into a shadow with an iterative attack that losses their immunity to mind control and vulnerability to positive energy. She's pretty nasty to the point where killing her becomes a priority if she is mind controlled.

5/5 *****

MadScientistWorking wrote:
My Oracle can turn into a shadow with an iterative attack that losses their immunity to mind control and vulnerability to positive energy. She's pretty nasty to the point where killing her becomes a priority if she is mind controlled.

How are you making iterative touch attacks given this FAQ?

Quote:

Haste: Haste says a hasted creature can make an additional attack during a full attack with a natural or manufactured weapon, but what about other sorts of attacks like unarmed strikes?

Unarmed strikes and other attacks that work via full attacks (such as mystic bolts, kinetic blade, and flame blade) all allow an extra attack with haste. However, single attacks such as incorporeal touch attacks or melee touch spells delivered round by round after holding the charge do not.

5/5 5/55/55/5

the route people took to get to the convention looks like a family circus cartoon

3/5 ** Venture-Agent, Massachusetts—Boston Metro

andreww wrote:
MadScientistWorking wrote:
My Oracle can turn into a shadow with an iterative attack that losses their immunity to mind control and vulnerability to positive energy. She's pretty nasty to the point where killing her becomes a priority if she is mind controlled.

How are you making iterative touch attacks given this FAQ?

Quote:

Haste: Haste says a hasted creature can make an additional attack during a full attack with a natural or manufactured weapon, but what about other sorts of attacks like unarmed strikes?

Unarmed strikes and other attacks that work via full attacks (such as mystic bolts, kinetic blade, and flame blade) all allow an extra attack with haste. However, single attacks such as incorporeal touch attacks or melee touch spells delivered round by round after holding the charge do not.

Well that's great that I have to find this information in an irrelevant FAQ. I thought that's how that worked but sure as high water I wasn't going to look in the rules for a spell Im never going to use.

Grand Lodge 4/5

1 person marked this as a favorite.

When the ranged arrow/RPG grenadier leaves a message on the body of an Azer.

"Now I have a chainsaw....HOHOHO..." There have been many 'dwarf-like' beings hacked up with this lovely weapon.. Chainsaw + Growth + Lead Blades..

Dark Archive 4/5 5/55/5 ****

1 person marked this as a favorite.

...you're tier 10-11 party consists of 2 healers (heavens oracle and a merciful healer), 3 debuffers (witch, shaman, bramble brewer alchemist) and 2 damage dealers (shield master and cavalier).

First fight takes an hour... with the party taking 0 damage.

Sovereign Court

2 people marked this as a favorite.

... the wizard is wearing full plate
... the halfling has a large great sword
... the tengu is actually in disguise
... your party is only goblins
... you accidentally took 6 ranks in appraise
... the Sovereign Court guy accidentally swallows his faction pin.

Grand Lodge 3/5

2 people marked this as a favorite.

playing Strange Aeons, you overhear the Wizard mutter "i hope i find a spell book soon."

Grand Lodge 5/5 Venture-Agent, Rhode Island—Lincoln

Muser wrote:
...two are dead before you even land on Sevenfinger's Tomb.

OK. How? The adventure doesn't even really begin until you get to the top of the Gloomspire!

Toloriel wrote:
... the Sovereign Court guy accidentally swallows his faction pin.

Ok, you have to explain that one.

Shadow Lodge 4/5 Venture-Lieutenant, Florida—Jacksonville

Gregory Rebelo wrote:
Muser wrote:
...two are dead before you even land on Sevenfinger's Tomb.

OK. How? The adventure doesn't even really begin until you get to the top of the Gloomspire!

Toloriel wrote:
... the Sovereign Court guy accidentally swallows his faction pin.
Ok, you have to explain that one.

Where there are players..there is a way..

1/5 5/5

Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Is the SC player okay?

Shadow Lodge 4/5 Venture-Lieutenant, Florida—Jacksonville

Wei Ji the Learner wrote:


Is the SC player okay?

Oh.. just realized it was PLAYER and not character..

yeah.. is he okay? That is actually kind of scary (flash back to helping my little brother 'unswallow' a few things with my mom)

5/5 5/55/55/5

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Kudos to the player for taking the sleight of hand on hiding your faction to the next level

4/5

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Lost Omens Subscriber
Thomas Graham wrote:
Wei Ji the Learner wrote:


Is the SC player okay?

Oh.. just realized it was PLAYER and not character..

yeah.. is he okay? That is actually kind of scary (flash back to helping my little brother 'unswallow' a few things with my mom)

As I understand it, they gave the player a Zen laxative.

"All things must pass."

1/5 5/5

Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Chris Rathunde wrote:


As I understand it, they gave the player a Zen laxative.
"All things must pass."

That just sounds... painful. Hopefully it was more the Heimlich and... *shudder*

Shadow Lodge 4/5

Gregory Rebelo wrote:
Muser wrote:
...two are dead before you even land on Sevenfinger's Tomb.
OK. How? The adventure doesn't even really begin until you get to the top of the Gloomspire!

There are three adventures, actually. Plenty opportunities for failure!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

...your vanaran friend activates his rod of wonder that uses multiple homebrew tables.

So far he has:
- Made a dragon suffocate by filling a room with marshmallows
- Created a floating wall of bards
- Given an entire bay of water sentience
- Opened two dimensional portals, one to hell, one to the abyss so that they can battle it out in the sky on the material plane
- Given our enemy colossal gold dragon the half fiend template (devil) immediately after opening the two portals mentioned above

Perhaps "friend" is the wrong word...

1/5

Paris Hiltavern wrote:
The Barbarian has the highest Intelligence and 2nd lowest strength.

I am this guy in the AP I am a part of right now. Of course this is at level 2 as an elf with Breadth of Knowledge, where the only reason I am starting as Barbarian is to get the increased move speed and uncanny dodge and am going into Empiricist Investigator then Pathfinder Delver prestige class for a skills based character.

I intend to GM/AP credit the character to level 6 before it hits a PFS table.

Sovereign Court 4/5

3 people marked this as a favorite.
BigNorseWolf wrote:
Kudos to the player for taking the sleight of hand on hiding your faction to the next level

Hello, little man. Boy I sure heard a bunch about you. See, I was a good friend of your Daddy's. We were in that Bloodcove pit of hell over five years together. Hopefully, you'll never have to experience this yourself, but when two men are in a situation like me and your Daddy were, for as long as we were, you take on certain responsibilities of the other. If it had been me who had not made it, Venture Captain Coolidge would be talkin' right now to my son Jim. But the way it worked out is I'm talkin' to you, Butch. I got somethin' for ya.

Warwick pulls a gold faction pin out of his pocket.

Liberty's Edge 3/5 5/5 *** Venture-Captain, Nebraska—Omaha

4 people marked this as a favorite.

The GM sits down and pulls out the Starfinder Core Rulebook...

Silver Crusade 4/5

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Gary Bush wrote:
The GM sits down and pulls out the Starfinder Core Rulebook...

More likely at this year's GenCon:

You sit down to play a Starfinder Society scenario, and the GM tells you, "I don't have my copy of the Core Rulebook yet..."

Liberty's Edge 3/5 5/5 *** Venture-Captain, Nebraska—Omaha

Fromper wrote:
Gary Bush wrote:
The GM sits down and pulls out the Starfinder Core Rulebook...

More likely at this year's GenCon:

You sit down to play a Starfinder Society scenario, and the GM tells you, "I don't have my copy of the Core Rulebook yet..."

I am hoping that book will be the reward to Tier 1 and 2 GMs.

1/5 5/5

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Fromper wrote:
Gary Bush wrote:
The GM sits down and pulls out the Starfinder Core Rulebook...

More likely at this year's GenCon:

You sit down to play a Starfinder Society scenario, and the GM tells you, "I don't have my copy of the Core Rulebook yet..."

Equally probable:

"I got my copy on Wednesday and haven't had a chance to read it yet."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

You know you're in trouble when you get to the table and...

One of the players works for the State of Nebraska....

3/5 ** Venture-Agent, Massachusetts—Boston Metro

Zephyre14 wrote:
Paris Hiltavern wrote:
The Barbarian has the highest Intelligence and 2nd lowest strength.

I am this guy in the AP I am a part of right now. Of course this is at level 2 as an elf with Breadth of Knowledge, where the only reason I am starting as Barbarian is to get the increased move speed and uncanny dodge and am going into Empiricist Investigator then Pathfinder Delver prestige class for a skills based character.

I intend to GM/AP credit the character to level 6 before it hits a PFS table.

Yeah Barbarians and Bloodragers are disturbingly good dips for dexterity based classes because of the Urban archetypes. So it not really surprising to have one of those classes with even a negative strength modifier.

Sovereign Court

Oh yeah and that one time where the rogue actually succeeded at Sleight of Handing his horse...

"Is that a horse in your pants? Or are you really excited to see me?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

And the GM askes how good you are at slight of handing your holy symbol.
I refused a module because of that.

Sovereign Court 3/5 Venture-Lieutenant, Canada—Ontario—Toronto

Goth Guru wrote:

And the GM askes how good you are at slight of handing your holy symbol.

I refused a module because of that.

That's what a Pathfinder Pouch is for.

Liberty's Edge 3/5 5/5 *** Venture-Captain, Nebraska—Omaha

Cubed wrote:

You know you're in trouble when you get to the table and...

One of the players works for the State of Nebraska....

Hey! That is really specific!

:)

5/5 *****

DrParty06 wrote:

...you're tier 10-11 party consists of 2 healers (heavens oracle and a merciful healer), 3 debuffers (witch, shaman, bramble brewer alchemist) and 2 damage dealers (shield master and cavalier).

First fight takes an hour... with the party taking 0 damage.

In what world does a heavens oracle count as a healer?

2,251 to 2,300 of 2,489 << first < prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Organized Play / Pathfinder Society / You know you're in trouble when you get to the table and... All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.