You know you're in trouble when you get to the table and...


Pathfinder Society

351 to 400 of 2,489 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
The Morphling wrote:

Hey, nobody died only one of the most important NPCs in the setting died as a result of that scenario!

...and all of the animal companions.

Thanks for reminding me!

...when the GM looks at the scenarios and says "Wow, that's a super cool feat/ability." When asked what he's talking about, the GM says "You'll find out in a few turns."

...the only character with knowledge: planes tanks his knowledge check and the creatures end up having the most non-intuitive DR ever. Mumbles Fricken fracken multi-template creatures with class levels...

Grand Lodge RPG Superstar 2012 Top 32

6 people marked this as a favorite.

...someone asks what you're playing, and you try to say "A cleric of Iomedae, melee-oriented, probably the highest AC at the table, decent damage and especially good at fighting demons," but you're interrupted after the word "cleric" with a chorus of "Oh good, we have a healer!"

5/5 ⦵⦵⦵

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Jiggy wrote:
"Oh good, we have a healer!"

:)

Silver Crusade 5/5

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Jiggy wrote:
...someone asks what you're playing, and you try to say "A cleric of Iomedae, melee-oriented, probably the highest AC at the table, decent damage and especially good at fighting demons," but you're interrupted after the word "cleric" with a chorus of "Oh good, we have a healer!"

One of the biggest benefits of the Advanced Class Guide is that I can now describe my clerics as warpriests, even if technically they aren't :-). Especially useful when signing up for a game.

Grand Lodge RPG Superstar 2012 Top 32

2 people marked this as a favorite.
BigNorseWolf wrote:
Jiggy wrote:
"Oh good, we have a healer!"
:)
Durkon wrote:

Cure Serious Wounds!

Cure Serious Wounds!
Cure Light Wounds!

Hope they won't miss the invisibility purge, stone shape, and liberating command he had to sack to cast those. ;)

Shadow Lodge 5/5 Regional Venture-Coordinator, Northwest aka WalterGM

Durkon has been a little low on cash since leaving the dwarven lands, so I imagine he only owns the core assumption. So no liberating command to worry about.

I am surprised that he doesn't have the standard wand of cure light wounds, though.

Shadow Lodge 5/5

Liberating Command isn't a 3.5 spell.

Liberty's Edge

...you guys get to play a creature from Dragon/Dungeon magazine! It has two heads!

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Zach Williams wrote:
...you guys get to play a creature from Dragon/Dungeon magazine! It has two heads!

"Hang on, this guy's stats say he has gauntlets of ogre power and doesn't have a CMD."

Liberty's Edge

The Morphling wrote:
Zach Williams wrote:
...you guys get to play a creature from Dragon/Dungeon magazine! It has two heads!
"Hang on, this guy's stats say he has gauntlets of ogre power and doesn't have a CMD."

But is ok. You can just change the letters EL to CR, and it works! Right?


...as a GM running any season 0 where the players are playing up, you notice you have both a cleave fighter and a fireball sorcerer at the table. The players are grinning already.

Silver Crusade 3/5

1 person marked this as a favorite.

...My wife is running.

(seriously she's like the grim reaper of character sheets...)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Jason Hanlon wrote:
...as a GM running any season 0 where the players are playing up, you notice you have both a cleave fighter and a fireball sorcerer at the table. The players are grinning already.

I was here. except two fireball wizards(one me) and a MoMS monk. The other fireball wizard said, your season 1 mod is no match for 4 years of power creep.

But the only damage my wizard did was 30 to a door.

Lantern Lodge 5/5

2 people marked this as a favorite.

...you know the group of players you just GMed through a Season 0 scenario, sleepwalking, are going to expect similar things from its Season 1 or Season 3 "spiritual sequels."

Spoiler:
Among the ________ and/or Tide of ________

Grand Lodge 5/5

4 people marked this as a favorite.

Man, I totally forgot a couple

...and the overseer GM of a special has to come in and make a ruling on how it would work if the Magic Jar loving caster who forgot to buy his focus for it can teleport back to Absalom and buy it mid-battle.

...the overseer GM stats getting out a map to see if Abasalom is in teleport range.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Michael Meunier wrote:

Man, I totally forgot a couple

...and the overseer GM of a special has to come in and make a ruling on how it would work if the Magic Jar loving caster who forgot to buy his focus for it can teleport back to Absalom and buy it mid-battle.

...the overseer GM stats getting out a map to see if Abasalom is in teleport range.

There is absolutely no way that this ever happened, or resulted in 3 dead seekers and the final one teleported to safety.

Ever.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
The Morphling wrote:
Michael Meunier wrote:

Man, I totally forgot a couple

...and the overseer GM of a special has to come in and make a ruling on how it would work if the Magic Jar loving caster who forgot to buy his focus for it can teleport back to Absalom and buy it mid-battle.

...the overseer GM stats getting out a map to see if Abasalom is in teleport range.

There is absolutely no way that this ever happened, or resulted in 3 dead seekers and the final one teleported to safety.

Ever.

Ever.

3/5

1 person marked this as a favorite.

You know you are in trouble when your gm has to walk up to the overseers table in the middle of Siege of Diamond city because the universalist wizard decided to create a pit then use stone shape to trap the monster down in it.

5/5 ⦵⦵⦵

Quill the Owl wrote:
You know you are in trouble when your gm has to walk up to the overseers table in the middle of Siege of Diamond city because the universalist wizard decided to create a pit then use stone shape to trap the monster down in it.

For future reference i believe being shunted inter-dimensionally through objects is 1d6 damage per 10 feet.

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
BigNorseWolf wrote:
Quill the Owl wrote:
You know you are in trouble when your gm has to walk up to the overseers table in the middle of Siege of Diamond city because the universalist wizard decided to create a pit then use stone shape to trap the monster down in it.
For future reference i believe being shunted inter-dimensionally through objects is 1d6 damage per 10 feet.

I was at that table! :) The 1d6 per 10 feet thing is what I said at the time, but the overseer ruled it would just pop back out since the extradimensional space was ceasing to exist.

It was a lovely six rounds of preparing for when the thing reappeared, though. It lasted about an eyeblink when it popped back up.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.

... you know the GM has a bad temper, and you're playing a "God" wizard in a scenario where everything has low will saves.

Liberty's Edge 5/5 Venture-Lieutenant, Indiana—Martinsville aka thaX

1 person marked this as a favorite.

"OK, I will be your GM today. I will have to do the maps as we go, I was given this 5 minutes ago..."

Shadow Lodge 5/5

Hey, I did alright running The Midnight Mauler cold as my first scenario...

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

... So I can play my Antipaladin of Szuriel, right?

The Exchange 5/5

thaX wrote:
"OK, I will be your GM today. I will have to do the maps as we go, I was given this 5 minutes ago..."

pah! this has been the standard for the area I have gamed in for the last few years...

I have a file box of flip maps that I bring, so if I don't get selected as the judge (on no notice), I can supply the judge with (hopefully) 1 to 3 of the maps he needs in a few seconds.

"Seedy Dockside Tavern? you need the old version or the new?"

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

2 people marked this as a favorite.

...when asked for player introductions, someone begins "He was born on the shores of Lake Encarthan..."

(Actually my girlfriend did that. When we played our second game together, and the GM asked for introductions, she pulled out the half-page backstory I had written at her request and started to recite it)

5/5 ⦵⦵⦵

8 people marked this as a favorite.

Don't worry, the pain medication will enhance my ability to roleplay Kreighton Shane

Liberty's Edge

6 people marked this as a favorite.

...when the tank says "I can't wait until I can afford armour."

This happened.

Dark Archive

BigNorseWolf wrote:
Don't worry, the pain medication will enhance my ability to roleplay Kreighton Shane

I imagine that also helps with Drandle Dreng.

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.

...when you sit down and the parties plan for healing is killing the enemy fast enough that you do not need healing.

Shadow Lodge 5/5

7 people marked this as a favorite.
Zach Williams wrote:
...when you sit down and the parties plan for healing is killing the enemy fast enough that you do not need healing.

Wait, this isnt a legit tactic?

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

1 person marked this as a favorite.

...when the barbarian says "I don't need armor; my hit points are my AC. You have a wand to heal me with, right?"

5/5 ⦵⦵ RPG Superstar 2010 Top 16

2 people marked this as a favorite.
steve coling wrote:
That moment when you are given your mission briefing by Aram Zey, who should know or be able to find out a lot more than what he can tell you. Most of my characters hate the level of incompetence and one wants to put an interplanar hit on him. Kinda like how many people feel about Sheila, but worse.

No no, I totally get it. Fabric of reality made it all clear. It's not that he doesn't know, he just doesn't have time to dumb it down for us. He has another 40 parties to send to their death AFTER ours.

Grand Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.

...the GM is wearing nothing but a big grin with a riding crop between his teeth.

Ok, ok, may never really happen, but if it did you know it would mean trouble.

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.

When you look across the table and see the would-be mugger whose ass you kicked the week before.

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
RainyDayNinja wrote:
...when the barbarian says "I don't need armor; my hit points are my AC. You have a wand to heal me with, right?"

This happened to me. Level 9 barbarian with 13 AC.

His logic was "Well at this level monsters auto-hit anyway. I can wear armor but I don't want to, since it doesn't ever help."

Dark Archive

The Morphling wrote:
RainyDayNinja wrote:
...when the barbarian says "I don't need armor; my hit points are my AC. You have a wand to heal me with, right?"

This happened to me. Level 9 barbarian with 13 AC.

His logic was "Well at this level monsters auto-hit anyway. I can wear armor but I don't want to, since it doesn't ever help."

I hope he was at least an invulnerable rager. Between the archetype and extra DR rage power, you probably really can get by with terrible AC.

Lantern Lodge 5/5

The Morphling wrote:
RainyDayNinja wrote:
...when the barbarian says "I don't need armor; my hit points are my AC. You have a wand to heal me with, right?"
This happened to me. Level 9 barbarian with 13 AC.

That's...9 AC higher than my Barbarian then. Mistmail is a legitimate tactic, though.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

...the DM tells the players to put there characters on the map for the encounter and the Barbarian and Ranger, the two obviouse armor wearing warriors, put there miniatures in the BACK of the group.

Shadow Lodge 5/5 Regional Venture-Coordinator, Northwest aka WalterGM

3 people marked this as a favorite.
The Beard wrote:
The Morphling wrote:
RainyDayNinja wrote:
...when the barbarian says "I don't need armor; my hit points are my AC. You have a wand to heal me with, right?"

This happened to me. Level 9 barbarian with 13 AC.

His logic was "Well at this level monsters auto-hit anyway. I can wear armor but I don't want to, since it doesn't ever help."

I hope he was at least an invulnerable rager. Between the archetype and extra DR rage power, you probably really can get by with terrible AC.

At level 11, Rukk has a raging AC of 6. Or 4 when he charges.

Invulnerable Rager, Extra Damage Reduction, a fortification haramaki, and his Gorum-given 5% concealment make it a workable strategy.

I would also recommend Toughness and Raging Vitality to anyone that heads down this path.

Dark Archive

... I don't think I'm even capable of making a martial character (other than an archer) without toughness. Hell, I'd probably give toughness to the archer.

Shadow Lodge 5/5

I can't remember the last time I made a character with Toughness.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Which brings me to my next "in trouble" moment!

... the party barbarian is dual wielding short swords.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
TOZ wrote:
I can't remember the last time I made a character with Toughness.

I agree, I have never taken toughness either.

Shadow Lodge 4/5

The Beard wrote:

Which brings me to my next "in trouble" moment!

... the party barbarian is dual wielding short swords.

Works well when the barbarian is urban. And a rogue!

4/5 Venture-Lieutenant, Tennessee—Nashville aka Wolfspirit

3 people marked this as a favorite.

When you're beginning a scenario with a heavy social / investigative component and the party starts asking amongst themselves who is going to be the party face, only to discover that the highest Charisma score out of the group of six is a 13. There are two 7's and even a 5.

Silver Crusade

Finlanderboy wrote:
TOZ wrote:
I can't remember the last time I made a character with Toughness.

I agree, I have never taken toughness either.

Sovereign Court 5/5 ⦵⦵⦵

I've DMed this scenario before and I'm reaaaallly looking forward to the bathhouse scene *wink wink*

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.

When you smile and ask the seven hp left fighter to make a save versus the green beam that your spellcaster drops on him. For funsys


When the DM announces their monsters successes before the dice finish rolling.

351 to 400 of 2,489 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Organized Play / Pathfinder Society / You know you're in trouble when you get to the table and... All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.