How far are you into the Savage Tide?


Savage Tide Adventure Path


I've just started the AP myself but was wondering how far through everyone else is. Anyone up to "Enemy of my Enemy" yet?


King in Yellow wrote:
I've just started the AP myself but was wondering how far through everyone else is. Anyone up to "Enemy of my Enemy" yet?

Started a half hour ago :) Received a note from a halfling, but unfortunately my barbarian doesn't read.


in HTBM - entering the temple beginning of next sesh.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

My group is currently just started The Lightless Depths, I'm finally getting some use out my Troglodyte figures!


Tomorrow night I will pit my party against the Crimson Fleet at Farshore. Right now I am saying 50% chance to TPK. They have all the tools they need to succeed, whether or not they use them correctly is the key.

Sczarni

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure, Companion, Lost Omens Subscriber
King in Yellow wrote:
I've just started the AP myself but was wondering how far through everyone else is. Anyone up to "Enemy of my Enemy" yet?

I am running 2 groups through it:

group 1 is in SWW in the ruins (but hasn't met in almost 3 months)

Group 2 started a month ago and just got to the cove


HTBM - The party just took out mother.. but not before it took out Mervanchi in a scene right out of Jurrasic Park. Oh how the party debating trying to save him or not.

Grand Lodge

My group will visit Tamoachan tonight. We've been playing weekly since March but we take our time.


Spoiler:
We are in the middle of "Here There Be Monsters," but are stuck right before the Temple of Demogorgon.

My party essentially suffered from a TPK with the barbarian gargoyle king.

I ruled that two PCs escaped, one of which was a druid with Reincarnate.

Unfortunately, this means they are way underpowered for the Temple, so it looks like there will be a two-session delay as they undergo some Side Treks.


My group is about a third of the way into Lightless Depths. Although we are discussing cutting the campaign short at like level 15 or 16.


My group is standing just outside the front doors of the dungeon on Taboo Island in City of Broken Idols (adventure 7 of 12).


After 20 sessions (roughly bi-weekly since September 2006), we're about midway through "Sea Wyvern's Wake", averaging eight sessions (three or four hours each) per scenario so far.

Spoiler:
The party just left Tamoachan. Two of the original four party members have died and been replaced (thanks to Ripclaw and Drevoraz), and two now have Mummy Rot.


My PCs are entering Tamoachan tonight! I can't wait... >: )


Attempting our 3rd try into the Temple during City of Broken Idols. One PC lost on each of the first 2 attempts.


HTBM. 2 PC were killed by the black pudding and the 3 remaining are harassed by Olangru :(


Adventure Path Charter Subscriber

The party is pumped and primed to finish up with "Prince of Demons!" We would play this weekend, but two of the other players will unfortunately not be able to make it to the session. So the weekend after next, the final battle begins!


We're right at the end of There Is No Honor. My group of PCs are storming the Lotus Dragon compound now.

So far this path has been a blast!

Liberty's Edge

We're mired down in Journey's End in Sea Wyvern's Wake. It's been a really slow summer, with one of our player's being in Italy for 6 weeks, and 2 of them moving and myself and the other player taking vacations like they were apples falling from a tree. Hopefully, now that everyone is back we'll start making more progress....


My group has gotten started with SWW and next session should be getting to the Tamoachan ruins.

Spoiler:
They did a great job keeping Avner from bringing along his horse. When Avner showed up late, demanding his horse come along, they asked him to come aboard and discuss it. While discussing it they yanked up the gang plank and set sail, leaving his two servants holding the reins of the horse on the dock.


SuperBeast wrote:
Tomorrow night I will pit my party against the Crimson Fleet at Farshore. Right now I am saying 50% chance to TPK. They have all the tools they need to succeed, whether or not they use them correctly is the key.

I'm about halway through that module. The group just got to the Temple of the Jaguar. I had an elf druid bite it while fighting the T-Rex (pun intended - she was bitten in half), and she was reincarnated as a phanaton... I had rolled "halfling" on the table, and thought it was a good fit.


Duroon wrote:

My group has gotten started with SWW and next session should be getting to the Tamoachan ruins.

** spoiler omitted **

My party did as your's did on this. I immediately thought of King Kong. In fact, I seem to think of that movie quite frequently while running this AP.

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber

I just started my group in TINH a couple weeks ago in our typical full weekend gaming session and I expect them to be half way through Bullywug Gambit when we leave GenCon.

Dark Archive

King in Yellow wrote:
I've just started the AP myself but was wondering how far through everyone else is. Anyone up to "Enemy of my Enemy" yet?

Just about ready to start Enemy of my Enemy now... I'm basically just polishing my tactics for Iggwilv for the inevitable situation of my players picking a fight with her...


The party just got to Farshore to see it under attack. Our first PC death was last session. The party's beefiest fighter failed the will save when he touched the mirror and killed the party's second beefiest fighter with a full attack.


Adventure Path Charter Subscriber

Just starting Enemies of my Enemy next session.

RPG Superstar 2011 Top 16

Currently doing a couple of affiliation score-raising side quests after Into The Maw. Probably won't start Wells of Darkness until the session after next.


Party just finished Tamoachan, also. Had great fun with it, especially at the end. I rearranged the room layout a bit, and had a pedestal with a golden idol at the end...on a trap that triggered when lifted from the pedestal. Ripped right from Indiana Jones, and the party artificer disarmed it! This is a great "jungle ruins" part of the whole campaign. Have lots of fun with it.

I even added a lower chamber beneath some rubble and debris--PCs insisted on getting at it, once they had this "key-type" idol--and created a new room: an execution hall/ignoble mass burial for criminals, which had a door that was trapped with suggestion, luring them into the room, only to get ambushed by two entombers (Libris Mortis).


My players just finished holing up on the Sea Wyvern for a night and will be tackling Kraken's Cove Sunday.


Slow session tonight, but entertaining nonetheless.

Spoiler:
The PCs fought a shambling mound on their way through the jungle to Tamoachan, just for kicks. They also came across a greenvise from the MMII (giant venus flytrap), snacking on a dire boar. They wisely kept their distance. The basilisk turned two people to stone, which was great. >: ) Nobody expected the gibbering mouther either, as I had the statue to the north decorated with a pair of sparkling gemstone eyes just begging to be pried off - everyone stood around while one of them did so, and the mouther erupted from the well, confusing two people into running and another into a gibbering mess like itself. A blast from the trusty wand o' ray of enfeeblement helped to deflate the beast just in time for everyone to snap out of it and mount a successful counter-attack. Can't wait to finish the temple!

Liberty's Edge

We just met Lavinia....


roughly 11 months and my party will be two encounters away from facing Demogorgon. (last magazine)

what a wild ride its been...


About to tackle the temple of Demogorgon in Here there be Monsters.


Leaving Faerun and sailing "Into the Maw" next week


We are at Farshore after the attack of the Rat´s End Pirates. The PC´s got rid of the menacing troglodytes of Temute Island and they are getting prepared for adventuring into the mainland next session...


We have completed The Bullywug Gambit and are doing some side treks before starting Sea Wyvern's Wake.

Randy


Inaugural campaign session, resulted in 6 character deaths due to overconfidence and getting in a hurry on the players' collective part, There is No Honor, Chapter 2: The Blue Nixie.

Rhagodessa are some seriously nasty critters - I wonder if the Conjurer will think to find a way to incorporate those beasties into his Summon Monster spells down the road... that was the first thing I thought of (to myself) after today's glorious bloodbath...


I can't even start it until they finish the Forgotten Realms conversions for the rest of the issues. :(


Turin the Mad wrote:

Inaugural campaign session, resulted in 6 character deaths due to overconfidence and getting in a hurry on the players' collective part, There is No Honor, Chapter 2: The Blue Nixie.

Rhagodessa are some seriously nasty critters - I wonder if the Conjurer will think to find a way to incorporate those beasties into his Summon Monster spells down the road... that was the first thing I thought of (to myself) after today's glorious bloodbath...

A fiendish rhagodessa might fit somewhere on the summon monster list... or how about an advanced pseudonatural rhagodessa called using planar binding? >: )

Scarab Sages

Playing online via Ventrilo and maptools (rptools.net) so its going pretty slow.

My players have just started TINH, and have successfully rid the world of Soller Vark despite a near TPK in the hold of the Blue Nixie against the Rhagodessa. Nobody was expecting a grapple at 1st level. But they rallied and managed to drop the beast.

As a side note: The players contemplated "taking" the 100pp from the ship and telling Lavinia they couldn't find the money. I was going to let them, with the Lavinia saying, "I was expecting to pay you with the money you recovered from Soller Vark, but since That is certainly missing, you'll have to wait until I see what my parents left in the Vault." In the end they chose to give it over...an astute player mentioned having the favor of a noble might be worth more than 100pp swayed them all. I give this as a warning to those about to start. If they continued to "fleece" Lavinia, I would have tried to play more of a "PCs join the Lotus Dragons" angle...it was something I hadn't forseen, and threw me off at the game table. Luckily, the old DM trick of being silent while the players work it out provided the solution eventually.

The Exchange

Razz wrote:
I can't even start it until they finish the Forgotten Realms conversions for the rest of the issues. :(

That's not true. If you haven't started you, you should have enough material to last you several sessions with conversion notes. Notes have been done for the first 3 magazines, and each magazine is roughly 3-4 adventure sessions for us (more if you add in side quests and such).

Additionally, there shouldn't be too much conversion required really for the 4th issue, the isle of dread can be pretty much as is whether on Faerun or Greyhawk. Just sub in "Maztican" whenever you see "Olman" and you pretty much have it nailed.


N1NJ4 wrote:
Turin the Mad wrote:

Inaugural campaign session, resulted in 6 character deaths due to overconfidence and getting in a hurry on the players' collective part, There is No Honor, Chapter 2: The Blue Nixie.

Rhagodessa are some seriously nasty critters - I wonder if the Conjurer will think to find a way to incorporate those beasties into his Summon Monster spells down the road... that was the first thing I thought of (to myself) after today's glorious bloodbath...

A fiendish rhagodessa might fit somewhere on the summon monster list... or how about an advanced pseudonatural rhagodessa called using planar binding? >: )

Oh, I am already doing the legwork to figure out where the beasties fit in on the Summon Monster list, although I do not know if the player has thought of the idea of seeing if he can summon one himself.

As it is vermin, a druid could also possibly garner them via Summon Nature's Ally as well.

And of course, I do LOVE that advanced psuedonatural idea - give it the elite array and make it available to an NPC ... or steal it for my own characters down the road, mwahhahahhahah !!


Turin the Mad wrote:


As it is vermin, a druid could also possibly garner them via Summon Nature's Ally as well.

I thought only Animals, Magical Beasts (with ties to nature, like Pegasi and Bearhounds), and Fey can be summoned via Summon Nature's Ally? Vermin aren't listed...though I wish they were. Vermin are as natural as Animals.

A house rule to include vermin on Summon Nature's Ally list would be interesting to add in a game.


We started the campaign in mid to late April 2007, we have just finished Here there be monsters.


My group is just started Enemies of My Enemy, but one of my players has kidney stones, and the game is on hold for the moment.


Razz wrote:
I can't even start it until they finish the Forgotten Realms conversions for the rest of the issues. :(

Why not?


My party just left Kraken's Cove with the Sea Wyvern. They were able to find all three pieces of the black pearl underwater in Karken's Cove. The 1/2 orc barbarian/ fighter is infected by the savage fever with only 1 Int. I was not sure what the incubation time for the savage fever is, so I made it 24 hours. So by the time the party gets backs to Sassarine and finishes with the bullywugs at the Vanderboren Manor, The 1/2 orc barbarian/ fighter should be making a Fort save for his last remaining INT point. If he fails he goes savage, at a point when the rest of the party is tired and ready to rest. Oh yeah baby, the fate of the party could very well ride on one saving throw, just when the party thinks they are safe. Moowahahahaha!!!

I love these APs.


Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Starfinder Society Subscriber

We're just starting The Bullywug Gambit. The PCs have hired a fishing vessel to take them to a beach near Kraken's Cove. (They're working for Lavinia quite happily, and gave her back all her money as they found it. The stash of "assorted stolen goods" that they found in the Lotus Guild treasury was also returned, in this case to the city to be returned to the rightful owners as best as the authorities could manage.

Sir Kaikillah wrote:

My party just left Kraken's Cove with the Sea Wyvern. They were able to find all three pieces of the black pearl underwater in Karken's Cove. The 1/2 orc barbarian/ fighter is infected by the savage fever with only 1 Int. I was not sure what the incubation time for the savage fever is, so I made it 24 hours. So by the time the party gets backs to Sassarine and finishes with the bullywugs at the Vanderboren Manor, The 1/2 orc barbarian/ fighter should be making a Fort save for his last remaining INT point. If he fails he goes savage, at a point when the rest of the party is tired and ready to rest. Oh yeah baby, the fate of the party could very well ride on one saving throw, just when the party thinks they are safe. Moowahahahaha!!!

I love these APs.

From my notes on Savage Fever -

Disease: A creature bitten by a savage creature must Fort save (DC 10 + ½ savage creature’s HD + savage creature’s Con mod) or contract a supernatural disease called savage fever. The incubation time is 1 minute, after which the victim’s flesh breaks out in a terrible black rash that causes short bony protrusions to extrude from the affected area; the victim also takes 1d6 points of Int damage. Each day, the victim must save again or take another 1d6 Int damage as the terrible rash spreads and his mind grows more and more bestial. Once a victim reaches an Int score of 0, he collapses into a coma-like state and transforms into a savage creature. His Int score now heals (up to its new max, as per the savage creature template) at the normal rate; when he awakens, he immediately seeks out fresh prey.

Therefore, if the barbarian fails his daily save tomorrow, he should fall into a coma for 24 hours, after which he should recover 1 Int and wake up as a savage creature. If the PCs do something to restore the lost Int while he's in the coma, my interpretation is that the damage is already done, and they'd just be waking up the savage barbarian - they'd need to cure the disease to fix that little problem.


Razz wrote:
Turin the Mad wrote:


As it is vermin, a druid could also possibly garner them via Summon Nature's Ally as well.

I thought only Animals, Magical Beasts (with ties to nature, like Pegasi and Bearhounds), and Fey can be summoned via Summon Nature's Ally? Vermin aren't listed...though I wish they were. Vermin are as natural as Animals.

A house rule to include vermin on Summon Nature's Ally list would be interesting to add in a game.

Well, I noticed vermin with the celestial and fiendish templates are on the cleric/sorc/wiz spell lists, so I rather assumed that vermin were on the Summon Nature's Ally lists.

Besides, who wants to summon some pathetic leprechaun when you can instead pull a colossal scorpion from some distant desert to sting your foes into poison-bloated oblivion ? ^_^

I will definitely house-rule vermin in. Bugs are just too much fun - and the rhagodessa are good clone-critters of the bugs in the Starship Poopers flick. (The movie wasn't so good, but the critters were plenty kewl imo.)

Silver Crusade

online play by post

my group is up to the Blue Nixie encounter, they are fighting the bug (or going down below to find it, it got Vark a few round before).

slow but my players are liking the game (been trying to add as much flavor to the game to set the feel of a tabletop game).


Cintra Bristol wrote:

We're just starting The Bullywug Gambit. The PCs have hired a fishing vessel to take them to a beach near Kraken's Cove. (They're working for Lavinia quite happily, and gave her back all her money as they found it. The stash of "assorted stolen goods" that they found in the Lotus Guild treasury was also returned, in this case to the city to be returned to the rightful owners as best as the authorities could manage.

Sir Kaikillah wrote:

My party just left Kraken's Cove with the Sea Wyvern. They were able to find all three pieces of the black pearl underwater in Karken's Cove. The 1/2 orc barbarian/ fighter is infected by the savage fever with only 1 Int. I was not sure what the incubation time for the savage fever is, so I made it 24 hours. So by the time the party gets backs to Sassarine and finishes with the bullywugs at the Vanderboren Manor, The 1/2 orc barbarian/ fighter should be making a Fort save for his last remaining INT point. If he fails he goes savage, at a point when the rest of the party is tired and ready to rest. Oh yeah baby, the fate of the party could very well ride on one saving throw, just when the party thinks they are safe. Moowahahahaha!!!

I love these APs.

NO 24 fhour coma for my players. THe 1/2 orc barbarian/ fighter (AKA Grogith)drops below 0 INT, he chances into a savage creature in front of the PCs eyes. Of course if there on it, the will have dealt withthe situation before then, getting a cure deisease spell from a higher level cleric in Sasserine.

From my notes on Savage Fever -
Disease: A creature bitten by a savage creature must Fort save (DC 10 + ½ savage creature’s HD + savage creature’s Con mod) or contract a supernatural disease called savage fever. The incubation time is 1 minute, after which the victim’s flesh breaks out in a terrible black rash that causes short bony protrusions to extrude from the affected area; the victim also takes 1d6 points of Int damage. Each day, the victim must save again or take another 1d6 Int damage as the terrible rash spreads and his mind grows more and more bestial. Once a victim reaches an Int score of 0, he collapses into a coma-like state and transforms into a savage creature. His Int score now heals (up to its new max, as per the savage creature template) at the normal rate; when he awakens, he...

Community / Forums / Archive / Paizo / Books & Magazines / Dungeon Magazine / Savage Tide Adventure Path / How far are you into the Savage Tide? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Savage Tide Adventure Path