Pathfinder Second Edition Launches NOW!

Thursday, August 1, 2019

Today is the day! Pathfinder Second Edition is officially here, on store shelves, at online retailers, and soon on game tables all across the world. It’s been more than three years since we first started work in earnest on the new edition, and after all that time—and with the assistance of tens of thousands of playtesters—Pathfinder Second Edition is ready for action!

With your help, we’ve developed the familiar Pathfinder rules to make them easier to learn and faster to play without sacrificing the deep character customization that has always been one of Pathfinder’s strongest elements. If anything, Pathfinder Second Edition gives players more opportunities to customize their heroes than ever before. GMs will find more tools for creating dynamic and interesting encounters baked right into the core rules, and even the most familiar monsters of the fantasy genre have new abilities sure to interest even the most experienced RPG veterans.

The Inner Sea.

The Core Rules

Everything starts with the Pathfinder Core Rulebook, 640 pages of rules covering character creation, encounters, exploration, treasure, magic, and more: everything players and GMs need to play and run the new game. With 12 character classes, dozens of backgrounds, and fully developed ancestries including halfling, human, elf, dwarf, gnome, and goblin, players have a near-limitless combination of choices that give even characters with the same class and ancestry a unique gameplay experience.

The Pathfinder Bestiary presents game statistics and adventure-inspiring lore for more than 400 creatures. Packed with all-new art and completely redesigned monsters, the Bestiary presents an entirely new stat block format designed to speed up play, as well as tons of imaginative new attacks and abilities that take full advantage of Pathfinder Second Edition’s overhauled rules.

Adventures

A new edition is a great opportunity to start a new campaign, and the first monthly installment of the Age of Ashes Adventure Path launches today. Pathfinder Adventure Path #145: Hellknight Hill kicks off the new campaign in style when strange invaders spill out from an abandoned Hellknight fortress near the heroes’ home village. Secrets uncovered during an exploration of the ruins lead the party all over the world and threaten to unleash an age of draconic tyranny and terror that only the heroes can prevent!

Pathfinder Adventures: The Fall of Plaguestone is a 64-page stand-alone adventure for first-level characters designed to tell the story of how your adventuring party first met and became companions. A short job as caravan guards gets much more complicated when the caravan master is poisoned, and the heroes are forced to solve the murder—or hang for it! The Pathfinder Flip-Mat: Fall of Plaguestone sets the scene with key encounter areas ready for use with miniatures, helping GMs pull players even further into the fantasy.

If you’re looking for a single-session adventure to give the new rules a spin, Paizo’s Pathfinder Society Organized Play program has four Pathfinder Society Scenarios available for download now. In The Absalom Initiation, the heroes join up as the newest Pathfinder Society agents, rubbing shoulders with veterans and embarking on their new adventuring careers. The Mosquito Witch puts the heroes on the trail of a mysterious cryptid in the swamps of the cutthroat River Kingdoms. In the perilous ruins of Lastwall, where the undead armies of the Whispering Tyrant prowl a ravaged wasteland, Pathfinder Society agents race against time to save priceless artifacts and missing-in-action colleagues in Escaping the Grave. With a running time of about 1 hour, The Sandstone Secret presents a fast and furious dungeon crawl and a fun first look at the Pathfinder rules.

Pathfinder Society also provides a set of pregenerated characters that allow you to skip character creation and jump right into the action. A fifth Pathfinder Society Scenario, Origin of the Open Road, delves into the history of the Pathfinder Society over the course of a thrilling 5th-level adventure designed specifically for use with pregenerated characters.

Accessories

Pathfinder Second Edition Launch Day also brings several new accessories you’ll want to check out. The Pathfinder Character Sheet Pack provides custom character sheets for each class, putting the focus on those abilities most important to your character. You can also download a free basic Pathfinder Second Edition character sheet in color or black-and-white formats. Helpful charts and beautiful art combine in two brand new Pathfinder GM Screens (pick your preference between horizontal and vertical orientations). Our new Pathfinder Condition Cards put the details of the game’s commonly encountered conditions in the hands of players, reducing page flips and keeping the focus on the action. We’ve also updated our popular Pathfinder Combat Pad initiative tracker, still the best way to keep track of turn order in combat.

Partner Products

Paizo isn’t the only company getting in on the Pathfinder Second Edition action! Dozens of partners, from miniature-makers to virtual tabletops to streamers to foreign-language publishers are on board with a host of additional products available now or coming in the near future. They include:

  • Accessories: Campaign Coins releases Pathfinder Hero Point Tokens, a new dice tray, and the Pathfinder Second Edition logo pin. Dog Might launches the Pathfinder Valhalla GM Screen and Dragon Sheath.
  • Actual Play: Join The Glass Cannon as they play Silent Tide on YouTube, as well as their live performances in Indianapolis during Gen Con! Don’t miss Geek & Sundry’s weekly Knights of Everflame Tuesdays at 4 p.m. Pacific, Paizo’s very own Oblivion Oath Thursdays at noon Pacific on Twitch, and Dragons & Things live on Twitch at 6 p.m. Pacific every Friday.
  • Audio: Syrinscape releases the Fall of Plaguestone SoundSet, giving GMs and players a deeper and more immersive experience as they adventure through the Fall of Plaguestone adventure.
  • Miniatures: WizKids releases the Legendary Adventures Preview Pack, featuring 8 monsters and heroes from Pathfinder Second Edition, followed in September by the 44-figure Legendary Adventures booster set and Goblin Village premium set.
  • Online: Create a brand-new Second Edition character with HeroLab Online and play with friends around the world on virtual tabletops Fantasy Grounds, Roll20, and d20Pro.
  • Online Rules: Archives of Nethys has the official Pathfinder Second Edition SRD available at PFRD.Info.
  • Terrain: Dwarven Forge begins preorders on the Fall of Plaguestone Adventure Kit.
  • Translations: New Order Editora launches Pathfinder Second Edition in Brazil with the Pathfinder Core Rulebook (PDF) in Portuguese, with additional products released in October and December. Devir (Spanish), Ulisses Spiele (German), and Black Book Editions (French) are all at work on Second Edition releases as well. Stay tuned!
Undead fight!

Community

Whether you’re on board for all of this stuff or only the Pathfinder Core Rulebook, it’s now time to find a game! Join up with the Pathfinder Society Organized Play program, check to see if your local retailer is running Second Edition demos or Pathfinder Society events in the near future, or join us this week at Gen Con for walk-up demos at the Paizo booth and hundreds of tables running Pathfinder Society events in the Sagamore Ballroom. If you’re not at the show, you can keep abreast of the latest news and announcements on our Twitch Channel, which will be live-streaming Paizo panels throughout the convention weekend with the assistance of our friends from the Know Direction podcast.

Lastly, join your fellow gamers in our newly revamped Pathfinder Second Edition forums right here on Paizo.com for ongoing discussions about the new game!

Pathfinder Second Edition has finally arrived. The game is YOURS now, and we can’t wait to see where you take your characters and campaigns!

See you at Gen Con, see you on the stream, and see you in the annals of the great adventuring heroes of the next age of fantasy roleplaying!

Erik Mona
Publisher

More Paizo Blog.
Tags: Pathfinder Adventure Path Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Pathfinder Second Edition
1 to 50 of 80 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

8 people marked this as a favorite.

[TOZ] Huzzah! [/TOZ]

YAY!!!!! *Starts running in circles screaming and waving hands*

RPG Superstar 2010 Top 32

3 people marked this as a favorite.

I HAZ THE BOOOOOOKS


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Joe Wells wrote:
I HAZ THE BOOOOOOKS

I HAZ ALL THE PDFs

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Maps, Pawns Subscriber

Pregen link is broken.

No organized play guide yet either?


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Big congratulations, Paizo!!


Hooray! Looking over the Bestiary PDF right now as I wait for my physical CRB to arrive >_<


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Will Syrinscapre release a soundset for Age of Ashes?

Dark Archive

And where is the guide for organized play?

Or a functioning link to the pregens?


4 people marked this as a favorite.

TOS 2nd CORE edition, which is a Character creation and maintenance tool for PF2 is currently being tested, and should be available soon on the Paizo store!

Announcements of availability will be made once it lunches on the Store.

Cheers!

http://TheOnlySheet.com


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Got my digital CRB, looks great :D
Now waiting for the bestiary to be registred into my accoung


Already deep in my pdf CRB, I much like what I see so far (I started with the Playing the Game section).


Where can I purchase the PDFs?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Maps, Rulebook Subscriber
Falconis35 wrote:
Where can I purchase the PDFs?

Bestiary

CRB

Age of Ashes AP

Fall of Plaguestone

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber; Starfinder Superscriber

Congratulations!! I have been reading through my .pdf copy of the CRB this morning (during break, of course...I would never conceive of reading it on work time ;) ). The presentation is elegant and clean and the information is shared in a very digestible way. I appreciate all of the hard work and can't wait to pick up my physical copy at Gen Con (tomorrow) and get playing!


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Got the core PDF's and, to nobodys big surprise here I'm sure, I'm not a fan of what made it into the released rules. Some stuff is better, but oh boy. Magic is gutted (especially blasting), the ten minute workday is in full force. I'm personally unhappy that the Paladin was watered down, but I'm sure I'll be pretty alone in that demografic. At least the Sorcerer is not as much of a raging dumpster fire as it was in the playtest. But to see the Alchemist gutted as well, one of the best classes to come out of 1E...

Oh, well. I got all my 1E books to keep me company. You guys have all the fun (and don't be mad at old farts like me who shake their stick at you).

I just hope that the third AP will have a more interesting story premise than the first two of 2E. I still gotta see how the first one converts back to 1E before I really decide if I want to keep up the suscription.

Dark Archive

5 people marked this as a favorite.
Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
magnuskn wrote:

Got the core PDF's and, to nobodys big surprise I'm sure, I'm not a fan of what made it into the released rules. Some stuff is better, but oh boy. Magic is gutted (especially blasting), the ten minute workday is in full force. I'm personally unhappy that the Paladin was watered down, but I'm sure I'll be pretty alone in that demografic. At least the Sorcerer is not as much of a raging dumpster fire as it was in the playtest. But to see the Alchemist gutted as well, one of the best classes to come out of 1E...

Oh, well. I got all my 1E books to keep me company. You guys have all the fun (and don't be mad at old farts like me who shake their stick at you).

I just hope that the third AP will have a more interesting story premise than the first two of 2E. I still gotta see how the first one converts back to 1E before I really decide if I want to keep up the suscription.

I wish I could disagree with you. I really do. Save me a table in whichever 1e old farts retirement home you're in, I'll be along shortly.


9 people marked this as a favorite.
magnuskn wrote:
Got the core PDF's and, to nobodys big surprise I'm sure, I'm not a fan of what made it into the released rules. Some stuff is better, but oh boy. Magic is gutted (especially blasting), the ten minute workday is in full force. I'm personally unhappy that the Paladin was watered down, but I'm sure I'll be pretty alone in that demografic. At least the Sorcerer is not as much of a raging dumpster fire as it was in the playtest. But to see the Alchemist gutted as well, one of the best classes to come out of 1E...

10 minute workdays and terrible blasting? Are we sure we aren't talking about PF1 here?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
swoosh wrote:
magnuskn wrote:
Got the core PDF's and, to nobodys big surprise I'm sure, I'm not a fan of what made it into the released rules. Some stuff is better, but oh boy. Magic is gutted (especially blasting), the ten minute workday is in full force. I'm personally unhappy that the Paladin was watered down, but I'm sure I'll be pretty alone in that demografic. At least the Sorcerer is not as much of a raging dumpster fire as it was in the playtest. But to see the Alchemist gutted as well, one of the best classes to come out of 1E...
10 minute workdays and terrible blasting? Are we sure we aren't talking about PF1 here?

If you think PF1 blasting is terrible, you're not doing it correctly. ^^

And PF1E at least had the 15 minute workday, PF2E is IMO shooting to shorten it even further. :p


Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure, Card Game, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Congratulations all!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
magnuskn wrote:
swoosh wrote:
magnuskn wrote:
Got the core PDF's and, to nobodys big surprise I'm sure, I'm not a fan of what made it into the released rules. Some stuff is better, but oh boy. Magic is gutted (especially blasting), the ten minute workday is in full force. I'm personally unhappy that the Paladin was watered down, but I'm sure I'll be pretty alone in that demografic. At least the Sorcerer is not as much of a raging dumpster fire as it was in the playtest. But to see the Alchemist gutted as well, one of the best classes to come out of 1E...
10 minute workdays and terrible blasting? Are we sure we aren't talking about PF1 here?

If you think PF1 blasting is terrible, you're not doing it correctly. ^^

And PF1E at least had the 15 minute workday, PF2E is IMO shooting to shorten it even further. :p

Focus spells per-encounter, easy out of combat healing with Medicine - where does this 10 minute work day come from? I'm not seeing it.

Exo-Guardians

7 people marked this as a favorite.

All I can say is. LET THE PATHFINDING BEGIN ANEW!! FORWARD ADVENTURERS TO GOLD AND GLORY!!!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
lordcirth wrote:
Focus spells per-encounter, easy out of combat healing with Medicine - where does this 10 minute work day come from? I'm not seeing it.

Overall less spells per day and if you don't have someone who bites the bullet and plays a Cleric, you are dependent on having long downtime in a secure location for the person with Medicine to patch up the group. On second look, Medicine might negate my gripe with the short adventuring day, but a GM can put much more pressure on the party that way. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it seems another thing where Paizo wants to put more power back into the hands of the GM (which is another theme of I was skeptical of in the playtest and which seems to have survived into the released rules).


6 people marked this as a favorite.

Powerful cantrips, focus powers that are quite strong and overall higher numbers on blasting spells doesn’t really lend any credence to blasting being weaker. Magic is, but that’s mostly in control/save or suck magic.

Ten minute day is also not really a thing again due to the above cantrips/powers and alternatives to magic for healing.

There are certainly some things to complain about with the new edition, but blasting and ten minute days are really not them.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Arakasius wrote:

Powerful cantrips, focus powers that are quite strong and overall higher numbers on blasting spells doesn’t really lend any credence to blasting being weaker. Magic is, but that’s mostly in control/save or suck magic.

Ten minute day is also not really a thing again due to the above cantrips/powers and alternatives to magic for healing.

There are certainly some things to complain about with the new edition, but blasting and ten minute days are really not them.

I might be wrong on some of the stuff due to changes in the released version (although since I went into exacting detail in the playtest about arcane magic and not much seems to have changed since then... I kinda doubt I'm that wrong), but the numbers are not higher on blasting spells. They are significantly lower overall, since you are forced to use higher spell slots to even have scaling spell effects. Metamagic on lower level blast spells was the way to get good blasting results in 1E and that simply isn't possible anymore the way it was.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Read the CRB over the weekend. I really appreciate the design philosophy of the game. My first pf2e session is on August 17th and I'm really looking forward to it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
magnuskn wrote:
Arakasius wrote:

Powerful cantrips, focus powers that are quite strong and overall higher numbers on blasting spells doesn’t really lend any credence to blasting being weaker. Magic is, but that’s mostly in control/save or suck magic.

Ten minute day is also not really a thing again due to the above cantrips/powers and alternatives to magic for healing.

There are certainly some things to complain about with the new edition, but blasting and ten minute days are really not them.

I might be wrong on some of the stuff due to changes in the released version (although since I went into exacting detail in the playtest about arcane magic and not much seems to have changed since then... I kinda doubt I'm that wrong), but the numbers are not higher on blasting spells. They are significantly lower overall, since you are forced to use higher spell slots to even have scaling spell effects. Metamagic on lower level blast spells was the way to get good blasting results in 1E and that simply isn't possible anymore the way it was.

Did you factor in that enemies can crit-fail saves against fireballs?


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Cost-less metamagic due to overpowered and ill-considered traits was a great failing of PF1. If that is the idea behind the "blasting was nerfed" gripe, then I'm all for it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
lordcirth wrote:
Did you factor in that enemies can crit-fail saves against fireballs?

Regular high damage will always outpace occasional crits.

Wheldrake wrote:
Cost-less metamagic due to overpowered and ill-considered traits was a great failing of PF1. If that is the idea behind the "blasting was nerfed" gripe, then I'm all for it.

Nope, just regular feats from the APG and Ultimate Magic/Combat.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

I've been skimming the Archives of Nethys 2E rules, and so far I gotta say there's nowhere near enough customization yet to tempt me into a purchase. If I read correctly, the *only* archetype material available in the core rulebook are the multiclass feats, which—I hate to say this—strongly, strongly reminded me of 4E D&D's multiclass feat thing, which I hated. I keep hearing talk of this debut being packed with content, and if what's meant by this is that the fundamental rules are different then sure. But insofar as depth of variety and customization? It's a boilerplate set of classes and races. That's fine for new players, but until there's substantially more content (and something to judge the new archetype system by that isn't just the crappy multiclass structure) I'm nowhere near to making a purchase.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens Subscriber

I was reeady to read my copy of the 2E CRB... then I found out I need to purchase the pdf separately or wait until my copy is delivered...

XD


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens Subscriber
Kelly Livesy wrote:
I've been skimming the Archives of Nethys 2E rules, and so far I gotta say there's nowhere near enough customization yet to tempt me into a purchase. If I read correctly, the *only* archetype material available in the core rulebook are the multiclass feats, which—I hate to say this—strongly, strongly reminded me of 4E D&D's multiclass feat thing, which I hated. I keep hearing talk of this debut being packed with content, and if what's meant by this is that the fundamental rules are different then sure. But insofar as depth of variety and customization? It's a boilerplate set of classes and races. That's fine for new players, but until there's substantially more content (and something to judge the new archetype system by that isn't just the crappy multiclass structure) I'm nowhere near to making a purchase.

It's a CORE Rule Book. You can't expect the customization of PF1 at the end of the edition. Try to recall the PF1 CORE Rule Book, not a great deal of customization back then. Archetypes were not a thing for example and if you had played 3e D&D (not even 3,5) chance is the system differences would be too small for you to notice.

That said, keep in mind the more you make something "customizable" the more the game system risks to be broken and things suddenly start looking all very similar DESPITE the potential for customization.


Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pawns Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Clerics have changed a lot... Two choices: cloistered or warpriest. I admit, I like wearing armor. I wonder how many low level unarmored cloistered clerics will get knocked off early? With cleric priority stats being Wis, Cha, and Con; Dex is the poor stepchild and it's also your only constant defense boost. The Shield cantrip will probably help once per encounter, but find a good sized fighter to hide behind...

Cleric healing is likely to be less available: 1+CHA bonus per day means the max is likely 3-4 heals until your CHA increases. Three action healing, aka Channeling, is not selective until you pick it up as a 6th level feat. So in-combat area healing is risky. My advice, talk more, fight less...

The domains are significantly different as well. Luck, Creation, Knowledge, Pain, and Zeal have solid low level domain spells.

Clerics now get access to 3 spells that complement their deities theme; usually 1st, 3rd and 4th level spells, except Nethys followers who get one spell at every level. Many are rather weak. However, let's hear it for Sarenrae! Holy #$%^. Her followers get Burning hands (1st level), Fireball (3rd level), and Wall of Fire (4th level) as optional spells!

Sure, I can kill followers of Rovagug...


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Rogar Valertis wrote:
Kelly Livesy wrote:
I've been skimming the Archives of Nethys 2E rules, and so far I gotta say there's nowhere near enough customization yet to tempt me into a purchase. If I read correctly, the *only* archetype material available in the core rulebook are the multiclass feats, which—I hate to say this—strongly, strongly reminded me of 4E D&D's multiclass feat thing, which I hated. I keep hearing talk of this debut being packed with content, and if what's meant by this is that the fundamental rules are different then sure. But insofar as depth of variety and customization? It's a boilerplate set of classes and races. That's fine for new players, but until there's substantially more content (and something to judge the new archetype system by that isn't just the crappy multiclass structure) I'm nowhere near to making a purchase.

It's a CORE Rule Book. You can't expect the customization of PF1 at the end of the edition. Try to recall the PF1 CORE Rule Book, not a great deal of customization back then. Archetypes were not a thing for example and if you had played 3e D&D (not even 3,5) chance is the system differences would be too small for you to notice.

That said, keep in mind the more you make something "customizable" the more the game system risks to be broken and things suddenly start looking all very similar DESPITE the potential for customization.

I understand that it's a core rulebook, and I understand that the game will expand customization as it goes on. But not only do I think it's reasonable to expect a comparatively more developed archetype system in the first book given that it's arguably the most distinguishing mechanical aspect of the first edition—one of the ideas behind this new edition is that it carries forward the learned successes of the previous edition—but customization is one of the launch selling points for 2E. Right here on the Paizo website is this line of copy for the launch:

"Endlessly Customizable: Pathfinder has the deep character customization you love, with three simple choices during character creation unlocking more than 75,000 unique characters. You’ll continue to make meaningful customization choices as you level up, creating your perfect character."

If they're going to sell themselves on customization right out of the gate, then I think it's fair to comment on this facet of the product. I'm not saying the game won't grow with time or that I'm writing it off forevermore, but so far I'm unmoved as a potentially purchasing customer.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

@Kelly, what would you have had them trade out for it?


Kelly Livesy wrote:
I've been skimming the Archives of Nethys 2E rules, and so far I gotta say there's nowhere near enough customization yet to tempt me into a purchase. If I read correctly, the *only* archetype material available in the core rulebook are the multiclass feats, which—I hate to say this—strongly, strongly reminded me of 4E D&D's multiclass feat thing, which I hated. I keep hearing talk of this debut being packed with content, and if what's meant by this is that the fundamental rules are different then sure. But insofar as depth of variety and customization? It's a boilerplate set of classes and races. That's fine for new players, but until there's substantially more content (and something to judge the new archetype system by that isn't just the crappy multiclass structure) I'm nowhere near to making a purchase.

Can you give an example of a character concept that you think ought to be possible with just a CRB, that isn't?


Rysky wrote:
@Kelly, what would you have had them trade out for it?

I don't see that anything needs to be traded out for some things to have been included or expanded. But for starters, it seems strange to me that they should describe the existence of class archetype feats and then not include any.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

3 people marked this as a favorite.
lordcirth wrote:
Can you give an example of a character concept that you think ought to be possible with just a CRB, that isn't?

Right now the Summoner and Cavalier are difficult to replicate.

But, check out …

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Kelly Livesy wrote:
Rysky wrote:
@Kelly, what would you have had them trade out for it?
I don't see that anything needs to be traded out for some things to have been included or expanded. But for starters, it seems strange to me that they should describe the existence of class archetype feats and then not include any.

Um they kinda had to, the book is 600+ pages.


8 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Kelly Livesy wrote:
Rysky wrote:
@Kelly, what would you have had them trade out for it?
I don't see that anything needs to be traded out for some things to have been included or expanded.

Considering the size and cost of the book (the latter point of which drew plenty of shrieks of anguish in some circles), I'm not certain that adding more material into the CRB is actually all that sound an approach...

EDIT: Apparently succubi can be ninjas...

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Cole Deschain wrote:
EDIT: Apparently succubi can be ninjas...

She is called a Kunoichi


4 people marked this as a favorite.

Also their original release schedule would have had 10 archetypes from the world guide day 1 but they had issues with the printing schedule. Theres also a fair bit of content announced for this year already that will put in more customizability with more likely to be announced at Gen Con.

Grand Lodge

7 people marked this as a favorite.

I'm loving everything I've seen so far. This is the game I've wanted to play for decades. I'm going to see if anything changes after I make a couple of characters tonight. There's a few characters that I've never been able to get exactly right in any edition of D&D but was able to get really close to with Pathfinder. For the first time in a long time I'm really looking forward to making characters and rolling some dice. Moreover, I'm actually excited to start writing and GMing for this system since it looks like a lot of the drudgery has been removed.

SM

Liberty's Edge

3 people marked this as a favorite.

Looks good so far. I've been fiddling around looking at monster skill numbers in the Bestiary so far, and will probably say more when I've read the actual books beyond that. :)

magnuskn wrote:
lordcirth wrote:
Did you factor in that enemies can crit-fail saves against fireballs?
Regular high damage will always outpace occasional crits.

The thing about this is that enemies crit fail more than occasionally in PF2 if minion sweeping.

An 11th level PF2 caster vs. stone giants (a level-3 foe) has a Save DC of 30 and will cause them to crit fail 30% of the time. When almost 1/3 of your foes crit fail on an area effect it is not 'occasional'.

Blasting is way better at minion sweeping than it looks to someone through the lens of PF1 largely due to this.


12 people marked this as a favorite.

Speaking as a die-hard P1e advocate, who has fundamental problems with the design directions the Paizo team takes with the new edition....

Dang, 2e looks sleek. Everything fits so nicely within the framework, and the system has the most solid foundation I've ever seen. Everything is smooth, methodical, and is plain quality. And I can see that just by looking at the AoN listings.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dαedαlus wrote:

Speaking as a die-hard P1e advocate, who has fundamental problems with the design directions the Paizo team takes with the new edition....

Dang, 2e looks sleek. Everything fits so nicely within the framework, and the system has the most solid foundation I've ever seen. Everything is smooth, methodical, and is plain quality. And I can see that just by looking at the AoN listings.

I'm there too. Right now, I am at AoN and looking at conversions for some of my PF1 APs and Setting material.

It is working surprisingly well.

Grand Lodge

I'm so glad I have a short day today so I can spend the evening curled up in bed with a nice cuppa tea and devour this thing whole. I've been glancing over bit and pieces while on break at work. I'll probably wait until tomorrow to make characters but at first glance Paizo have not exceeded my expectations so much as blown them out of the water.

SM

Sovereign Court

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Maps, Rulebook Subscriber

It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
For me.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

Huzzuh!! ahem....Hazzoh!!! *cough* Hezzah!!!
Damn, am late anyways! XD


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure, Card Game, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

It may be core, but I think folks are going to find that a lot of the archetypes from PF1 are actually a part of the possibilities for each of the core classes.

I also think it is going to be really interesting to see NEW options emerge from multiclass archetypes.


6 people marked this as a favorite.

Kinda curious what concepts aren’t buildsbke here just with multiclassing archetypes. Heck we can do things that weren’t even doable in PF1 after ten years. You can make dozens of variations of martial/caster combos, something that was only available in a few prestige classes in 1e or with something like Magus. Similarly you can actually make effective caster/caster, even doing some things you could never really do before like cleric/druid and wizard/sorcerer. There is a ton of flexibility on all the choices available. Enough so that you can already make about half of the ACG classes right outside the box. There is a massive amount of customization available right now, and it’s only going to get better the more archetypes and feats they add.

1 to 50 of 80 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder Second Edition / General Discussion / Paizo Blog: Pathfinder Second Edition Launches NOW! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.