Brvheart's Skull&Shackles

Game Master brvheart

Become a pirate and plunder the Shackles and maybe one day challenge the Pirate King himself for leadership!


The Shackles


2,051 to 2,100 of 2,238 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>

Male CG Halfling Martial Artist 4 | Init +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +2 | HP 25 | AC 19; T 19; FF 13 | CMB 4 | CMD +20 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +7 | Speed: 30 ft | Stunning Fist DC 15 Fort (4/day) |

After putting out the fires, Nuts walks onto the lighthouse balcony and tosses a few immolated monkeys out of the tower. "Hey, guys! I think Manny went for a swim! You all okay?"


M Goblin Rogue4HP 20/28,Init+4,F3R8W3Per9AC17T15FF13

Whoooa....Loons! I can hear the loons!


Female Human Swashbuckler (Rondelero) 4 | hp 29 39/39 NL (0) | AC (gear) 19, t 15, ff 14 | CMD 19 | Fort +2, Ref +8, Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Panache 3/3 | Conditions: none

Capricia thanks Vikla for the timely healing before complimenting the entire crew on their courage and battle prowess. She singles out Emerald in particular: "Your spells likely saved the day. Well done!" Looking around at all the scattered monkey bits, the captain wonders aloud, "First the giant wasps and now hundreds of monkeys.... I wonder if something out there is driving the jungles inhabitants into some sort of mindless rage."

Looking at the damaged tower after the explosion and wondering how she can explain that to old Rickety, she mutters aloud, "Maybe it's best that we not mention this unless Rickety brings it up, eh?"

Seeing that Lief has seemingly saved Manny from expiring, she again gives the crew a nod of confidence and says, "Great! Now let's finalize a name for our ship, have her christened, and get back to open waters and to the sweet trade!"


Female Sea Elf Blood Arcanist Savant 4; AC 15 (18 w/mage armor), HP 27, Init + 3; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +4; Atk melee +5, ranged +5. concentration +11, Skills Acro +4, Climb +1 (+9), Perc + 3, Prof (sailor) +12, SoH +4, Sp.craft +11 (+13), Swim +17

hold on, I will fix the tower,....there good as new!!

cast mending several times and prestidigitation go stitch and weave all the thatch back in place.

craft carpentry/ships: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

think of sorcerers apprentice scene with all the mops and brooms coming to life and fixing themselves


Female Resources Channel 4/4 Human Cleric HP: 36/36; Nonlethal 0; AC:16/15/11 ; Fort: 6 Ref:2 will:8 ; Init +1 ; CMD:15 ; Perception +4;

2 more channels: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 1, 2) = 7
CLW: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Welcome back to the land of the living Manny!

As Manny eyes open, he sees a slightly wet Vikla glowing with holy light.


Male CG Halfling Martial Artist 4 | Init +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +2 | HP 25 | AC 19; T 19; FF 13 | CMB 4 | CMD +20 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +7 | Speed: 30 ft | Stunning Fist DC 15 Fort (4/day) |

Looking around, seeing Emerald reverting the damage to the lighthouse, Nuts looks at the elf.

"Tell me again - Why are you not the ship's carpenter?


Female Sea Elf Blood Arcanist Savant 4; AC 15 (18 w/mage armor), HP 27, Init + 3; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +4; Atk melee +5, ranged +5. concentration +11, Skills Acro +4, Climb +1 (+9), Perc + 3, Prof (sailor) +12, SoH +4, Sp.craft +11 (+13), Swim +17

BECAUSE IM ALLERGIC TO MANUAL LABOR, I'd rather think my way through, LOL


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

When the squibbing of your ship is finally complete,
Rickety holds a ceremony to rechristen the Man’s Promise
with a name of your choosing. Before the chocks
are released and the ship slides down into the estuary, a
bottle of Sargavan wine is smashed upon its keel. Captain
Pegsworthy offers this bit of Shackles lore as a toast before
you set out to make your fortunes:
“Good fortune and sure sail await what one can crack the Tidewater Rock.”


Female Sea Elf Blood Arcanist Savant 4; AC 15 (18 w/mage armor), HP 27, Init + 3; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +4; Atk melee +5, ranged +5. concentration +11, Skills Acro +4, Climb +1 (+9), Perc + 3, Prof (sailor) +12, SoH +4, Sp.craft +11 (+13), Swim +17

Queens Grace

A small but mighty ship


M Goblin Rogue4HP 20/28,Init+4,F3R8W3Per9AC17T15FF13

Yar!!!


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

With 21 crew and seven of you, the party needs to play in food at the cost of 14 gp per day for the galley to say nothing of rum and weapons for the crew. It costs money to operate a ship so you need to get out there making it! Veterans Kroop and Sandara can offer advice when needed.


Male CG Halfling Martial Artist 4 | Init +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +2 | HP 25 | AC 19; T 19; FF 13 | CMB 4 | CMD +20 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +7 | Speed: 30 ft | Stunning Fist DC 15 Fort (4/day) |

Didn't we get like several months worth of nonspoil food from the dock?

Nuts lets out a sigh of relief when they are back on the open sea. "Well, that was a damn strange place. I was honestly waiting for a colony of oversized ants to pop up and just devour the entire dock for materials." he shakes his head, looks into the distance, and at Capricia. "So where we headed, Captain?"

He looks a bit sheepishly at her again. "And, uh... Who's doing what? We should have sorted this out beforehand, I suppose."

Who's in the crew? Any new faces? Nevermind. Found it in the sheet.

One more question. How is the name presented on the hull? Is it just paint, or some sort of engraving or letters extending into the space?


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
Nutѕ wrote:

Didn't we get like several months worth of nonspoil food from the dock?

Nuts lets out a sigh of relief when they are back on the open sea. "Well, that was a damn strange place. I was honestly waiting for a colony of oversized ants to pop up and just devour the entire dock for materials." he shakes his head, looks into the distance, and at Capricia. "So where we headed, Captain?"

He looks a bit sheepishly at her again. "And, uh... Who's doing what? We should have sorted this out beforehand, I suppose."

Who's in the crew? Any new faces? Nevermind. Found it in the sheet.

One more question. How is the name presented on the hull? Is it just paint, or some sort of engraving or letters extending into the space?

You are right, sorry I forgot about Manny exchanging the diamonds for five months worth of food. Someone put that on your ships sheet please. I will need to find another way to spend your money!

The name is on a nice plaque, engraved in black.


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

Callum sighs, breathe in deep, filling his lungs with the sea air. "Ah! It be joyous that we finally be asea!" he exclaimed happily. Clearly he was in his element, remaining steady and moving easily across the deck despite any rocking. "If it be all the same te ye, as was discussed when I joined the crew, I'll be takin' the wheel. I've inherited some o' the skills of me grandpappy when it comes te piloting a ship."


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

You will need to set some watches as a ship runs 24 hrs a day. Overnight hours don't need much. but they need attended.


Female Sea Elf Blood Arcanist Savant 4; AC 15 (18 w/mage armor), HP 27, Init + 3; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +4; Atk melee +5, ranged +5. concentration +11, Skills Acro +4, Climb +1 (+9), Perc + 3, Prof (sailor) +12, SoH +4, Sp.craft +11 (+13), Swim +17

I can take night watch, it's a good time for reading after rounds in the din of the night, I can meditate to reduce my dependence on sleep. I LIKE SOLITUDE


M Goblin Rogue4HP 20/28,Init+4,F3R8W3Per9AC17T15FF13

Manny sleeps in the kitchen.


Female Human Swashbuckler (Rondelero) 4 | hp 29 39/39 NL (0) | AC (gear) 19, t 15, ff 14 | CMD 19 | Fort +2, Ref +8, Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Panache 3/3 | Conditions: none

Not sure which crew members have darkvision, but they should be on night duty.

Captain Belacrest-Maxeme confers with Sandara and Kroop, asking them if they know what are the best waters in this area for stalking other ships.


"Raiding up and down the Slithering Coast all the way to Bloodcove should prove profitable.
Someone needs to take the wheel at night so Callum can get rest. The pilot needs to plot the ship's course and is less about who is at the wheel all
"


"Rosie and I can help with watches also. "


Female Resources Channel 4/4 Human Cleric HP: 36/36; Nonlethal 0; AC:16/15/11 ; Fort: 6 Ref:2 will:8 ; Init +1 ; CMD:15 ; Perception +4;

profession sailor: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Vikla gets settled into her new job with aplomb, adjuciating disputes, training others, offering regular healing and leading by example.

There are also plenty of laughs to be had, most on the crew has... fun... working for and with her. The goal is to turn the crew into a cohesive whole.


Female Sea Elf Blood Arcanist Savant 4; AC 15 (18 w/mage armor), HP 27, Init + 3; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +4; Atk melee +5, ranged +5. concentration +11, Skills Acro +4, Climb +1 (+9), Perc + 3, Prof (sailor) +12, SoH +4, Sp.craft +11 (+13), Swim +17

Profession (sailor) +12 and low light vision, don't think anyone has better except maybe manny.


M Goblin Rogue4HP 20/28,Init+4,F3R8W3Per9AC17T15FF13

Profession-Cook: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Manny is still getting used ti the kitchen. There are a number of people hanging over the rail.


Female Sea Elf Blood Arcanist Savant 4; AC 15 (18 w/mage armor), HP 27, Init + 3; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +4; Atk melee +5, ranged +5. concentration +11, Skills Acro +4, Climb +1 (+9), Perc + 3, Prof (sailor) +12, SoH +4, Sp.craft +11 (+13), Swim +17

Manny, the captain thinks people with darkvision should be on night watch, can you take a 4 hour shift at night, either 1st or 2nd, then we also need a 3rd watch in the morning, 1 other person should also be on watch with you, regardless of if they can see, they just need to be able to fight.

Profession Sailor at the wheel 1st watch: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21


M Goblin Rogue4HP 20/28,Init+4,F3R8W3Per9AC17T15FF13

Sure


Rosie volunteers for second shift


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

Callum takes a turn at the wheel during the day but will happily cedes his place when night begins to fall. It had been a while since he had the chance to sleep in a berth on a ship at sea.

Profession sailor + skilled driver (at the wheel): 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 4 = 24


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Whoever is on late night shift (4AM) roll perception please.


perception Rosie: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


Female Sea Elf Blood Arcanist Savant 4; AC 15 (18 w/mage armor), HP 27, Init + 3; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +4; Atk melee +5, ranged +5. concentration +11, Skills Acro +4, Climb +1 (+9), Perc + 3, Prof (sailor) +12, SoH +4, Sp.craft +11 (+13), Swim +17

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

It's late as her Grace moves across the water to an unknown encounter. Maybe it's an obstacle or a creature, it always be a surprise mates!!


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
Emerald Delta Waters wrote:

It's late as her Grace moves across the water to an unknown encounter. Maybe it's an obstacle or a creature, it always be a surprise mates!!

You see three creatures sneaking aboard and moving towards Rosie. You and them can roll init.

init Sahaguin: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14


Female Sea Elf Blood Arcanist Savant 4; AC 15 (18 w/mage armor), HP 27, Init + 3; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +4; Atk melee +5, ranged +5. concentration +11, Skills Acro +4, Climb +1 (+9), Perc + 3, Prof (sailor) +12, SoH +4, Sp.craft +11 (+13), Swim +17

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

MM CL5 all at the first creature: 3d4 + 5 ⇒ (2, 4, 1) + 5 = 12

move action to ring the bell, free action to call out

Alarm, Condition 1, All hands, General quarters, we are being boarded


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

The creatures attack Rosie

trident: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
trident: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
trident: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Callum, Nuts and Lief are sleeping near the battle. They can roll perceptions and init.


M Goblin Rogue4HP 20/28,Init+4,F3R8W3Per9AC17T15FF13

Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Manny is trying to avoid getting mugged by pirates who got stomach aches from his bad cooking.


Male CG Halfling Martial Artist 4 | Init +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +2 | HP 25 | AC 19; T 19; FF 13 | CMB 4 | CMD +20 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +7 | Speed: 30 ft | Stunning Fist DC 15 Fort (4/day) |

Nuts snores softly before turning around in his bunk.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

Callum dreams of sailing into the Eye much like his grandsire.

Perception incl Favored Terrain: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Initiative incl Favored Terrain: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Initiative Order Round One
Callum
Emmy
Rosie
Manny
Nuts
sahuagin

Lief, Capricia and Vitka are still asleep


Female Resources Channel 4/4 Human Cleric HP: 36/36; Nonlethal 0; AC:16/15/11 ; Fort: 6 Ref:2 will:8 ; Init +1 ; CMD:15 ; Perception +4;

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Oh yes, kneel before me Shamira for I am here, Vikla Ragnardottir! Now hand over the booty of the midnight isles! Vikla has some ambitious dreams.


Female Human Swashbuckler (Rondelero) 4 | hp 29 39/39 NL (0) | AC (gear) 19, t 15, ff 14 | CMD 19 | Fort +2, Ref +8, Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Panache 3/3 | Conditions: none

Capricia the Pirate Perception Check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Hey--that may be high enough for the captain to wake up!


M Goblin Rogue4HP 20/28,Init+4,F3R8W3Per9AC17T15FF13

What is hat noise?! Gotta go up and check. Manny does so.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
Capricia the Pirate wrote:

[dice=Capricia the Pirate Perception Check]1d20+8

Hey--that may be high enough for the captain to wake up!

With -10 for sleeping, -5 for the closed door, no but would probably hear Manny banging around as he gets up. Roll for round two.


Female Human Swashbuckler (Rondelero) 4 | hp 29 39/39 NL (0) | AC (gear) 19, t 15, ff 14 | CMD 19 | Fort +2, Ref +8, Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Panache 3/3 | Conditions: none

Capricia the Pirate Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Now, if we can only get people to take their actions this round.


Male CG Halfling Martial Artist 4 | Init +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +2 | HP 25 | AC 19; T 19; FF 13 | CMB 4 | CMD +20 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +7 | Speed: 30 ft | Stunning Fist DC 15 Fort (4/day) |

"Huh? What?" Nuts stirs, jumps up, wipes drool off his face, and runs after the sounds.

Both actions to move, I guess? If we are sleeping below the deck, that is.


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

Callum gets up and looks around, turning his head at the sound of battle. He then rushes up to the deck to join the fray.

Not really sure where Callum is in relation to the battle, so am assuming a double move towards the action.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
Nutѕ wrote:

"Huh? What?" Nuts stirs, jumps up, wipes drool off his face, and runs after the sounds.

Both actions to move, I guess? If we are sleeping below the deck, that is.

One to move, one to get up. Actually the officer's qtrs are on this level which is where I put the men. I put the women in the Capt's qtrs on the other end.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
Callum Carnvegas wrote:

Callum gets up and looks around, turning his head at the sound of battle. He then rushes up to the deck to join the fray.

Not really sure where Callum is in relation to the battle, so am assuming a double move towards the action.

He was 15' away but with standing up from his hammock, it is a double move.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Rosie takes a swing at the one Emma wounded

handaxe: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Female Sea Elf Blood Arcanist Savant 4; AC 15 (18 w/mage armor), HP 27, Init + 3; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +4; Atk melee +5, ranged +5. concentration +11, Skills Acro +4, Climb +1 (+9), Perc + 3, Prof (sailor) +12, SoH +4, Sp.craft +11 (+13), Swim +17

Move 30 feet and throw my dagger.

Thrown Dagger thinderstrike: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 231d4 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + (3) = 7

2,051 to 2,100 of 2,238 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / dot All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.