Brvheart's Skull&Shackles

Game Master brvheart

Become a pirate and plunder the Shackles and maybe one day challenge the Pirate King himself for leadership!


The Shackles


301 to 350 of 1,739 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Male CG Halfling Martial Artist 4 | Init +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +2 | HP 25 | AC 19; T 19; FF 13 | CMB 4 | CMD +20 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +7 | Speed: 30 ft | Stunning Fist DC 15 Fort (4/day) |

Nuts jumps at the giant's back, grabbing him around the shoulders. "Just fake it, man. I'll pretend bash you over the head now. Drop down and let's get this over with. Please." he grunts at the giant man through his teeth.

And then winds up for a punch into the temple. At the last moment, he opens his palm to just slap the side of Hartshorn's head.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Bluff: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

sense Motive Mr Plugg: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Owlbear drops to the ground, apparently unconscious.

xp=67 xp each


Male CG Halfling Martial Artist 4 | Init +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +2 | HP 25 | AC 19; T 19; FF 13 | CMB 4 | CMD +20 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +7 | Speed: 30 ft | Stunning Fist DC 15 Fort (4/day) |

Aki sits down, panting. He pats Hartshorn on the back and exhales. "Good tussle, buddy."

He lies down next to the seemingly unconcious man. "Just play dead for a moment." he whispers.

After but a brief moment, he sits up, looking around the crowd. "Someone heal this man? Or bring me my things. I have some smelling salts."


M Goblin Rogue4HP 20/28,Init+4,F3R8W3Per9AC17T15FF13

Hooray! fun times with longshanks getting beat up! We should fight every night!


1/2 Orc Storm Druid 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +4, R +2, W +5 | Init +4 Perc +8

Exhausted from the strenuous day, but unable to leave the ruckus while one of his fellow abductees was in a battle, Harak hears the call for healing, and without thinking, steps forward,"I can help him..."

The druid raises his hand towards the battered "Owlbear", then pauses, glancing over at the Captain, eyebrow raised for permission.


Carry him back to the hold. He directs the party. Let him sleep it off.

Once you have him out of prying eyes it will be easy to heal him. Sandara offers her aid also if needed.


Female Human Swashbuckler (Rondelero) 3 | hp 22 28/29 NL (0) | AC (gear) 19, t 15, ff 14 | CMD 18 | Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Panache 3/3 | Conditions: prot. from evil

"They keep this guy chained to the foremast in the main hold...probably as a watchman for the officers' quarters," Capricia whispers as Sandara and Harak tend to Owlbear.


M Goblin Rogue4HP 20/28,Init+4,F3R8W3Per9AC17T15FF13

They treat him like dog Manny doesn't add that he approves of dogs being treated this way.


Female Elf Bard [Archaeologist] 3/Fighter 1 | HP 20/28 | AC 15 | touch 13 | flat 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perception +11 | Archaeologist's Luck (+1, 3/6)

Laroisael looks at her plate, realizing she hasn’t even touched it…and decides to give her meal to Owlbear.
Here you go.” She never thought she could hate someone as much as she hates Pluggs and the captain right now.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

For befriending and helping Owlbear another 100 xp each.


1/2 Orc Storm Druid 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +4, R +2, W +5 | Init +4 Perc +8

Well THAT's just horrible." the druid whispers back to Capricia. "That's even worse than some dogs, even..."
Once out of eye and earshot of the rest of the crew, Harak will cast Cure Light Wounds on the man called Owlbear.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

..........

Later on, as things settle down, Harak will head off to bed to SLEEP for the night for his nighttime activity rather than carousing or sneaking around the ship.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Day Six

Aki is healed up by morning albeit still sore and bruised. Consider Owlbear helpful from here on out. The parties first success at being helpful.

Heavy rain from unseen clouds pummels the ship
and those on deck. Waves like great gray-green
boulders smash against the ship every minute.
The overhead clouds have descended to a point
where it seems the ship is in a large chamber.
Wind hurtles against the vessel and its sail, trying to
rip it from the mast and rigging. All loose items on
deck vie for attention from the crashing waves or
the blustery wind. (Temp H 91/33 L 80/27, Wind—
50–55 mph. Acrobatics –1, Climb –5, Perception
–2, concentration checks –2.)

Jobs rolls for the day
Manny's galley roll: rnd: 1d6 ⇒ 5
nuts' rigger roll: rnd: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Capricia's Swab roll: rnd: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Emerald's Swab roll: rnd: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Laroisael's Swab roll: rnd: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Harask Swab roll: rnd: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Friendly NPCs help out their shipmates during the day. A
friendly NPC can provide a +2 bonus on any single job task
skill check made by a PC (see page 24), provided the NPC has
ranks in the appropriate skill. Helpful NPCs provide aid not
only during the day as above, but also at night, providing a
+2 bonus on checks to inf luence other NPCs, or on checks
for pirate games and entertainments.

All swab rolls that can benefit will do so.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Manny

Bull Session: Drinking with Ambrose Kroop and
listening to his stories. The cook’s mate must
drink an additional rum ration, but is able to take
an additional ship action during the day.

Aki

Mainsail Duties: Tough work raising and lowering
the mainsail, requiring a DC 10 Profession (sailor)
or Strength check. The PC must also make a DC 10
Constitution check to avoid being fatigued at the end
of the shift.

Capricia and Harask

Repairs: Things constantly tear or break aboard the
ship and need repairs, whether sewing sails or splicing
rope all day, requiring a DC 10 Profession (sailor) or
Dexterity check.

Emerald

Swab the Decks: Backbreaking work mopping the
decks and scrubbing them with sandstone blocks
called holystones, requiring a DC 10 Strength or
Constitution check. Failing either check results in the
PC being fatigued at the end of the shift.

Laroisael

Runner: Passing messages to the crew and officers
of the Wormwood in all parts of the ship except
officers’ cabins (areas A4 and A5), requiring a DC 10
Acrobatics check and DC 10 Constitution check.
Failing the Constitution check results in the PC being
fatigued at the end of the shift. A PC with the Run feat
automatically succeeds at this task.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Emerald breaks out singing the Sloop John B with the crew joining in on the lyrics:

let me go home
Let me go home
I wanna go home, yeah, yeah
Well, I feel so broke up
I wanna go home


1/2 Orc Storm Druid 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +4, R +2, W +5 | Init +4 Perc +8

Profession - Sailor: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Though capable of completing his duties as ever, Harak finds himself distracted by thoughts of his current situation, and just can't completely concentrate on his tasks at hand.

He does grin when he finds himself once again paired with Capricia. "We gotta stop meelike this, or the other pirates are gonna start talking..."


Female Elf Bard [Archaeologist] 3/Fighter 1 | HP 20/28 | AC 15 | touch 13 | flat 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perception +11 | Archaeologist's Luck (+1, 3/6)

Acrobatics w/ aid from NPC: 1d20 + 6 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 6 - 1 + 2 = 22
Constitution check: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Laroisael barely has enough strength to keep her footing up, but with the aid of a fellow shipmate, she manages to get all the messages across to the crew. She’s also glad her hat’s stored with the gear below and not being tossed around in the wind.


Female Human Swashbuckler (Rondelero) 3 | hp 22 28/29 NL (0) | AC (gear) 19, t 15, ff 14 | CMD 18 | Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Panache 3/3 | Conditions: prot. from evil

Capricia returns Harak's grin. "You won't hear me complaining--you're better company than most of the Wormwood's original crew." The lanky lass intersperses her work with another semi-thorough search of the bilges, including probing the pool of sitting water on the floor with her boot toe for any submerged goodies.

Daytime Action: SNEAK (The Bilges)

Capricia the Pirate Profession (sailor) Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Capricia the Pirate Perception Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


M Goblin Rogue4HP 20/28,Init+4,F3R8W3Per9AC17T15FF13

*Urrrrpppppppppp!* Manny belches on the rum as he sits on one of the pigs. So how ya get on this dump, Kroop? Manny staggers around. Zooo..We need ta suck up to some zailorsz here to be friendsz. Know any mor dat needs a favor?


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
Capricia the Pirate wrote:

Capricia returns Harak's grin. "You won't hear me complaining--you're better company than most of the Wormwood's original crew." The lanky lass intersperses her work with another semi-thorough search of the bilges, including probing the pool of sitting water on the floor with her boot toe for any submerged goodies.

Daytime Action: SNEAK (The Bilges)

[dice=Capricia the Pirate Profession (sailor) Check]1d20+6

[dice=Capricia the Pirate Perception Check]1d20+5

She finds 21 gp.


MannyGoblin wrote:
*Urrrrpppppppppp!* Manny belches on the rum as he sits on one of the pigs. So how ya get on this dump, Kroop? Manny staggers around. Zooo..We need ta suck up to some zailorsz here to be friendsz. Know any mor dat needs a favor?

"They all need favors, but I suggest starting with those that are not at least unfriendly to you to begin with. You might find more success."

Fishguts and Manny spend the day jarring and after this and the time already spent with him, he starts acting like a friend to Manny.


Female Sea Elf Blood Arcanist Savant 4; AC 15 (18 w/mage armor), HP 27, Init + 3; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +4; Atk melee +5, ranged +5. concentration +11, Skills Acro +4, Climb +1 (+9), Perc + 3, Prof (sailor) +12, SoH +4, Sp.craft +11 (+13), Swim +17

Due to the fact of the weather, find a place below to hide my book, but stow my dagger in my boot, might need it to cut ropes free if someone gets entangled. The weather doesn't scare me, I revel in a good storm.

stealth to hide book in dry place: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Swim, Strength: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 151d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

constitution: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 1 + 2 = 14

Profession sailor; perform singing to influence the crew: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 201d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Male CG Halfling Martial Artist 4 | Init +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +2 | HP 25 | AC 19; T 19; FF 13 | CMB 4 | CMD +20 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +7 | Speed: 30 ft | Stunning Fist DC 15 Fort (4/day) |

After dragging Hartshorn away and chatting with him for a bit, Aki retreats to his bunk, tired as a mule. He immediately falls asleep and SNORES throughout the night.

Waking up the next day, he heads up to perform his duties.

Job:
Mainsail Duties: Tough work raising and lowering the mainsail, requiring a DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Strength check. The PC must also make a DC 10 Constitution check to avoid being fatigued at the end of the shift.

Strength: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Constitution: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Performing JUST ENOUGH throughout the day, his mind is distant, contemplating some sort of plan for the afternoon.

Coming to the common room in the evening, he waits for everyone to appear, then addresses the room. "Alright, everyone! Some of you might know I have won some money yesterday. And I have a gift for you fine folk."

Correct me if my math is wrong, but I count 24 people in the room based on the NPC list and including the player characters in the calculation.

When is done shouting, he goes around the room, and gives everyone 5 gold pieces from the 100 gold prize. The only exceptions would be the four pirates that attacked us the other day.

Meaning Aretta Bansion, Fipps Chumlett, Jaundiced Jape, Slippery Sy Lonegan get nothing from the prize money.

As he approaches either of those, he stops near them, counts 5 gold, and then flips them the bird without giving either of them anything and moving on to the next person.

Not sure of this counts as befriending people, I'll let the GM be the judge of that.

After he does that, he heads back to his bunk to chill out and chit-chat with whoever is around.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Yes, roll a diplomacy check +2 for Jack Scrimshaw. As he is already friendly the DC is 5.

He will have a +2 on whatever check he wants to make for the next several days.


Male CG Halfling Martial Artist 4 | Init +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +2 | HP 25 | AC 19; T 19; FF 13 | CMB 4 | CMD +20 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +7 | Speed: 30 ft | Stunning Fist DC 15 Fort (4/day) |

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

Yeah. Too tired to smile, seemingly.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
Nutѕ wrote:

[dice=Diplomacy]1d20 - 1

Yeah. Too tired to smile, seemingly.

Rosie will assist in making Jack Scrimshaw helpful, 40 XP each.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

For recovering all his equipment Manny earns 200 XP.


M Goblin Rogue4HP 20/28,Init+4,F3R8W3Per9AC17T15FF13

Manny is going to try to take a stab at this 'making friends' thing and bottles up the rest of his Moonshine and slips into the common room. Seeing Nuts giving everyone but the ones who fought them some booze, he pops up next to the left out pirates with bottles in his arms.

Psssttt! Ignore that tricksy halfling, yes! Trust Manny! Manny got treats for you! Good boooze! Manny gives his super hooch to them.You trust Manny! Yessss.. Precious treats I make.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Ok, Manny choose one of them and roll a Diplomacy +2 DC25 as they are hostile.

Jaundiced Jape
Fipps Chumlett
Slippery Syl Lonegan
Tam Narwhal Tate


M Goblin Rogue4HP 20/28,Init+4,F3R8W3Per9AC17T15FF13

Hilarity ensues.

Calling upon the mighty help of Sandra and Rosie for +4 2 for Booze -1 for CHA for +5. Aiming for Fipps

A bit of good hooch is worth more that gold on the high seas. Rosie says.

Golin logic: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Ooohh!! Almost! Well hopefully I can avoid getting beaned by a bottle


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Day Seven

The heavy rains continue and a storm is on the horizon. The winds pick up and double their strength. (–2 on all work checks for rigger) Swabs are assigned to clean mid deck, but may occasionally be called to help with the rigging when needed. (Temp H 79/26 L 71/22, Wind—45–50 mph. Acrobatics –5, Climb –5, vision-based Perception –3. Vision is reduced to 1/2 due to heavy rain.)

Jobs rolls for the day
Manny's galley roll: rnd: 1d6 ⇒ 4
nuts' rigger roll: rnd: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Capricia's Swab roll: rnd: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Emerald's Swab roll: rnd: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Laroisael's Swab roll: rnd: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Harask Swab roll: rnd: 1d6 ⇒ 5


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Manny

He was supposed to be turtle hunting but due to the storm he will be helping Fishguts cook instead:

Cooking: Assisting Ambrose Kroop in preparing
the day’s meal. If Kroop is sober, no check is
required. If Kroop is drunk, this requires a DC 10
Profession (cook) or Intelligence check.

Aki

Line Work: Hard work hoisting and lowering sails,
requiring a DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Dexterity
check -2 due to the storm. The PC must also make a DC 10 Constitution
check to avoid being fatigued at the end of the shift.

Capricia

Repairs: Things constantly tear or break aboard the
ship and need repairs, whether sewing sails or splicing
rope all day, requiring a DC 10 Profession (sailor) or
Dexterity check.

Emerald

Swab mid deck: Backbreaking work mopping the
decks and scrubbing them with sandstone blocks
called holystones, requiring a DC 10 Strength or
Constitution check. Failing either check results in the
PC being fatigued at the end of the shift.

Laroisael

Hauling Rope and Knot Work: Tying and untying
knots in the ship’s ropes and moving heavy coils of
rope from one part of the ship to another, requiring
a DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Strength check. The PC
must also make a DC 10 Constitution check to avoid
being fatigued at the end of the shift.

Harask

Runner: Passing messages to the crew and officers
of the Wormwood in all parts of the ship except
officers’ cabins (areas A4 and A5), requiring a DC 10
Acrobatics check and DC 10 Constitution check.
Failing the Constitution check results in the PC being
fatigued at the end of the shift. A PC with the Run feat
automatically succeeds at this task.


Mr Plugg swat's Emerald with a rope for 1 point of subdual damage, "That's for complainin' about yer duties yesterday. Due to the coming storm you can clean out mid deck and swab it."


1/2 Orc Storm Druid 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +4, R +2, W +5 | Init +4 Perc +8

Harak/Harusk/Harask ponders adding yet another alias to his repertoire as he scuttles around the ship, coming up with what he thinks are a few rather clever ones, distracting himself from his duties in the process.

Acrobatics Check: 1d20 ⇒ 5
Constitution Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

As such, his deliveries are slow and he gets turned about and lost a couple of times.

Should he somehow come across Barefoot Samms Toppin, he will also attempt to influence them by bringing up fishing stories and asking about their time at sea. If not, that will be his aim for the evening.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
Harak wrote:

Harak/Harusk/Harask ponders adding yet another alias to his repertoire as he scuttles around the ship, coming up with what he thinks are a few rather clever ones, distracting himself from his duties in the process.

[dice=Acrobatics Check]1d20
[dice=Constitution Check]1d20 + 2

As such, his deliveries are slow and he gets turned about and lost a couple of times.

Should he somehow come across Barefoot Samms Toppin, he will also attempt to influence them by bringing up fishing stories and asking about their time at sea. If not, that will be his aim for the evening.

He might try and work dilligently in the afternoon and retry the roll to avoid a flogging at bloody hour. Mr Plugg is loosing patience with the new recruits. Not that he had any in the first place. Working dilligently is +4 and Scarlett will help with directions for another +2 so all he needs to roll is a 4!


Female Sea Elf Blood Arcanist Savant 4; AC 15 (18 w/mage armor), HP 27, Init + 3; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +4; Atk melee +5, ranged +5. concentration +11, Skills Acro +4, Climb +1 (+9), Perc + 3, Prof (sailor) +12, SoH +4, Sp.craft +11 (+13), Swim +17

I will work diligently cleaning out the muck in the pig stalls during my watch. At night I try to get a game of poker going to win friends and influence people.


Male CG Halfling Martial Artist 4 | Init +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +2 | HP 25 | AC 19; T 19; FF 13 | CMB 4 | CMD +20 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +7 | Speed: 30 ft | Stunning Fist DC 15 Fort (4/day) |

Job:
Line Work: Hard work hoisting and lowering sails, requiring a DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Dexterity check -2 due to the storm. The PC must also make a DC 10 Constitution check to avoid being fatigued at the end of the shift.

Dex check: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 4 - 2 = 15
Con check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Again, Aki performs his job to the best of his abilities. No point drawing further attention to himself. He gives other sailors a wide berth, just in case.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

At night, he attempts to sneak out again to check the main deck overnight.

Not sure if the roll makes it. If it does - Are there patrols on the deck overnight? If so, how many?


1/2 Orc Storm Druid 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +4, R +2, W +5 | Init +4 Perc +8
brvheart wrote:

He might try and work dilligently in the afternoon and retry the roll to avoid a flogging at bloody hour. Mr Plugg is loosing patience with the new recruits. Not that he had any in the first place. Working dilligently is +4 and Scarlett will help with directions for another +2 so all he needs to roll is a 4!

Knowing that his immediate health and well-being are on the line, Harak decides to focus and work as dilligently as he can during the afternoon, foregoing any sort of break or food until dinner.

Acrobatics Check: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 = 7
(Bonuses from Work Diligently and Scarlet's assist)

...and promptly gets mixed up again.

Uh oh.


Female Elf Bard [Archaeologist] 3/Fighter 1 | HP 20/28 | AC 15 | touch 13 | flat 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perception +11 | Archaeologist's Luck (+1, 3/6)

Profession (sailor) working dilligantly: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 4 = 15
Constitution: 1d20 ⇒ 2

Laroisael, witnessing the flogging from Emerald, works extra hard today to avoid getting flogged herself…and runs herself ragged.

This…pirate crap…it’s not for an explorer…” she states exhaustedly.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
Nutѕ wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

[dice=Dex check]1d20 + 4 - 2
[dice=Con check]1d20 + 1

Again, Aki performs his job to the best of his abilities. No point drawing further attention to himself. He gives other sailors a wide berth, just in case.

[dice=Stealth]1d20 + 8

At night, he attempts to sneak out again to check the main deck overnight.

Not sure if the roll makes it. If it does - Are there patrols on the deck overnight? If so, how many?

You can take 20 on a single Perception check or other skill

check, but must make a check to avoid being discovered, DC 15

As the storm is coming in there will be more of a watch on deck to watch for it and take care of any issues from the heavy rains. These will, of course, add to your stealth by 2. So yes you will make it. What are you looking for?


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
Harak wrote:
brvheart wrote:

He might try and work dilligently in the afternoon and retry the roll to avoid a flogging at bloody hour. Mr Plugg is loosing patience with the new recruits. Not that he had any in the first place. Working dilligently is +4 and Scarlett will help with directions for another +2 so all he needs to roll is a 4!

Knowing that his immediate health and well-being are on the line, Harak decides to focus and work as dilligently as he can during the afternoon, foregoing any sort of break or food until dinner.

[dice=Acrobatics Check]d20 + 4 + 2
(Bonuses from Work Diligently and Scarlet's assist)

...and promptly gets mixed up again.

Uh oh.

Failing a check by 4 or less is merely a severe verbal reprimand. So what else is new on the Wormwood?


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
Harak wrote:

Harak/Harusk/Harask ponders adding yet another alias to his repertoire as he scuttles around the ship, coming up with what he thinks are a few rather clever ones, distracting himself from his duties in the process.

[dice=Acrobatics Check]1d20
[dice=Constitution Check]1d20 + 2

As such, his deliveries are slow and he gets turned about and lost a couple of times.

Should he somehow come across Barefoot Samms Toppin, he will also attempt to influence them by bringing up fishing stories and asking about their time at sea. If not, that will be his aim for the evening.

Sure, as a Storm Druid you will get a +2 to your DC 15 diplomacy check.


Male CG Halfling Martial Artist 4 | Init +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +2 | HP 25 | AC 19; T 19; FF 13 | CMB 4 | CMD +20 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +7 | Speed: 30 ft | Stunning Fist DC 15 Fort (4/day) |
brvheart wrote:

You can take 20 on a single Perception check or other skill

check, but must make a check to avoid being discovered, DC 15

As the storm is coming in there will be more of a watch on deck to watch for it and take care of any issues from the heavy rains. These will, of course, add to your stealth by 2. So yes you will make it. What are you looking for?

I would like to look for something that belongs to an officer. Something small, but obviously theirs. Anything of the sort around on the deck?


1/2 Orc Storm Druid 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +4, R +2, W +5 | Init +4 Perc +8
brvhrt wrote:
Harak wrote:

Should he somehow come across Barefoot Samms Toppin, he will also attempt to influence them by bringing up fishing stories and asking about their time at sea. If not, that will be his aim for the evening.

Sure, as a Storm Druid you will get a +2 to your DC 15 diplomacy check.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Later in the evening, his ego still smarting from being verbally abused and mocked, the Druid strikes up a conversation with Samms about the differences between ocean fishing and dock fishing.


Female Sea Elf Blood Arcanist Savant 4; AC 15 (18 w/mage armor), HP 27, Init + 3; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +4; Atk melee +5, ranged +5. concentration +11, Skills Acro +4, Climb +1 (+9), Perc + 3, Prof (sailor) +12, SoH +4, Sp.craft +11 (+13), Swim +17

constitution for daily task: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


M Goblin Rogue4HP 20/28,Init+4,F3R8W3Per9AC17T15FF13

Manny keeps cooking biscuits and porridge for everyone while getting some crabs for Owlbear


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
Nutѕ wrote:
brvheart wrote:

You can take 20 on a single Perception check or other skill

check, but must make a check to avoid being discovered, DC 15

As the storm is coming in there will be more of a watch on deck to watch for it and take care of any issues from the heavy rains. These will, of course, add to your stealth by 2. So yes you will make it. What are you looking for?

I would like to look for something that belongs to an officer. Something small, but obviously theirs. Anything of the sort around on the deck?

Kipper, the gunner’s mate generally leaves his sighting tools for the light ballista in a compartment on deck.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
Harak wrote:
brvhrt wrote:
Harak wrote:

Should he somehow come across Barefoot Samms Toppin, he will also attempt to influence them by bringing up fishing stories and asking about their time at sea. If not, that will be his aim for the evening.

Sure, as a Storm Druid you will get a +2 to your DC 15 diplomacy check.

[Dice=Diplomacy]1d20 + 2

Later in the evening, his ego still smarting from being verbally abused and mocked, the Druid strikes up a conversation with Samms about the differences between ocean fishing and dock fishing.

Barefoot Samms Toppin is a fisherwoman, you are successful at changing her attitude to friendly.


Female Sea Elf Blood Arcanist Savant 4; AC 15 (18 w/mage armor), HP 27, Init + 3; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +4; Atk melee +5, ranged +5. concentration +11, Skills Acro +4, Climb +1 (+9), Perc + 3, Prof (sailor) +12, SoH +4, Sp.craft +11 (+13), Swim +17
MannyGoblin wrote:
Manny keeps cooking biscuits and porridge for everyone while getting some crabs for Owlbear

I like my crab uncooked with salt. I prefer sushi.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
MannyGoblin wrote:
Manny keeps cooking biscuits and porridge for everyone while getting some crabs for Owlbear

Captain Harrigan stops you during dinner, We will be close enough to shore to get some real crabs in a few days. You should take your friends out and set traps for the crew for that night's dinner


M Goblin Rogue4HP 20/28,Init+4,F3R8W3Per9AC17T15FF13

Manny almost freaks being confronted by the captain and nods his head and doesn't say a word since he was told to shut up around the captain.

301 to 350 of 1,739 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / dot All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.