Brvheart's Skull&Shackles

Game Master brvheart

Become a pirate and plunder the Shackles and maybe one day challenge the Pirate King himself for leadership!


The Shackles


251 to 300 of 1,725 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
Capricia the Pirate wrote:

"Well fought!" Capricia tells the others, the rondelero disciple already eyeballing the newly found buckler. Turning to Manny, she adds, "If you really want to turn any rats into food, do so for yourself only. Do NOT add it to your turtle soup and serve it to the crew! If the captain finds out, you'll be the next one to get a keelhauling! Most folks don't eat rodents--they're disease-carriers."

The young woman grabs one of the rat corpses by the tail to carry up to the main deck. She makes a point of parading it past Jack Scrimshaw and whispering, "Problem solved. The bilges should be safe now." Then she gets back to her duties for the day.

[dice=Capricia the Pirate Profession (sailor) Check]1d20+6

During her day shift, she chums around some more with Tilly Brackett, hoping to make her first real friend among the Wormwood's crew.

Daytime Action: INFLUENCE (Tilly Brackett).

[dice=Capricia the Pirate Diplomacy Check]1d20+5

Capricia does in fact change Tilly's attitude to friendly. Sandara and Rosie look at her about the first real friend comment and say to each other What are we, chopped livva?


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

The good news is now everyone has their sea legs. No more rolling for getting nauseated.

Evening of day four

Nighttime Ship Actions
Sleep: Go to bed early and sleep through the night
(automatically recover from fatigue)
Gamble: Play or gamble on a game of chance or pirate
entertainment (see page 67)
Entertain: Make one Perform check to entertain the crew
(see page 67)
Influence*: Attempt to influence a single NPC
Sneak*: Take time exploring one area of the ship. The PC
can take 20 on a single Perception check or other skill
check, but must make a check to avoid being discovered
(see below).
Steal*: Attempt to open a locked door or locker. The PC
must make a check to avoid being discovered (see below).


M Goblin Rogue4HP 20/28,Init+4,F3R8W3Per9AC17T15FF13

What do you mean bad meat? It's not like I use the guts that have the poo in them! Leg of rat is tasty!


Female Elf Bard [Archaeologist] 3/Fighter 1 | HP 20/28 | AC 15 | touch 13 | flat 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perception +11 | Archaeologist's Luck (+1, 6 rounds/day)

The elf retires to her hammock, hoping to never see a dire rat on this miserable boat again.


Male CG Halfling Martial Artist 4 | Init +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +2 | HP 25 | AC 19; T 19; FF 13 | CMB 4 | CMD +20 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +7 | Speed: 30 ft | Stunning Fist DC 15 Fort (4/day) |

Aki laughs, and pats Manny on the shoulder. "Looking forward to some meat in the soup, for a change, pal."

Overnight, the halfling attempts to sneak up to the deck again. This time to take a good look at the poop deck at night. Specifically, to find out how many guards there are near the officer's quarters. He tries to sneak out of his bunk without being seen

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

However, he awkwardly stumbles into at least 4 people on the way to the deck. With his plan being foiled once again, he just stands near the railing and pretends to empty his bladder into the sea. Defeated, he returns back to his bunk.

After pondering a few minutes, he looks at the sous-chef. "Hey, Manny! You're a pretty sneaky guy, yes?" he shows up next to Manny's face, whispering.

Keeping his voice down, he continues "Remember the guys that jumped us the other day? I want to get back at them. I reckon I could steal something from the captain and plant it on them. Can you teach me how to walk around unnoticed? Give me some tips, you know? I've been trying for two night now, but it's just bad."


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Attempting a stealthy action in a crowd, such as casting
a spell with verbal or somatic components without being
noticed: DC 20.
Attempting a stealthy action where there is a chance
of discovery, such as visiting the quartermaster’s store
during work, exploring a room during the day, or
attempting to open a chest in a room while its occupants
are sleeping: DC 15.
Attempting a stealthy action under cover of a suitable
diversion, such as attempting to open lockers when
the rest of the crew are working or on deck enjoying
themselves: DC 10.
Failing this check by 4 or less means the PC attempting
the action is merely disturbed and is unable to complete
the action. Failing the check by 5 or more means the PC is
caught red-handed by a random crew member, and might
be turned over to Master Scourge for discipline.

Ari is only missing by 4 so he is ok. Now if someone like Manny could provide a diversion....


1/2 Orc Storm Druid 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +4, R +2, W +5 | Init +4 Perc +8

After the melee-commotion in the ship's bilge, Harak does his best to clean himself off, as much to deal with the smell as the filth and ...whatever.

Later, as night moves in and things quiet down for most of the crew, Harak makes his way over to the rail. Leaning on his elbows, the half-orc takes a deep sigh, then glances over to see Sandara Quinn nearby.

Harak shrugs at her, "S'not the way I would have chosen to take a voyage like this...but at least the view is impressive..."

Attempt to Influence/Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 2
Whoa! The roll was a 14 in the discussion area where I accidentally posted this first. I thought a copy/paste would yield the same result! Gah!


M Goblin Rogue4HP 20/28,Init+4,F3R8W3Per9AC17T15FF13

As soon as the word 'captain' leaves Nuts mouth, Manny pulls him aside and hisses.What you say? Dat crazy! Captain will chop ya into bait. You wanna do that, go afta someone smaller.


Male CG Halfling Martial Artist 4 | Init +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +2 | HP 25 | AC 19; T 19; FF 13 | CMB 4 | CMD +20 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +7 | Speed: 30 ft | Stunning Fist DC 15 Fort (4/day) |

"Yeah, that's on me." Aki whispers back. "One of the... "officers" he makes air quotes. "As an aletrnative, I could try to stage an "accident" on the rigging. You know... a slip on the rope." He puts his head above his head, and slowly starts to lower it down while letting out a quiet, low whistle. And then he claps his palms together. "Plop..."

The halfling thinks briefly. "Or... You work the kitchen. Can you smuggle out some booze? We'll get someone drunk and toss them overboard in the night." he hushes his voice even further.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

I will let you take the roll in discussion. You need to delete the first roll using a 'cut' rather than 'copy'. Although it matters little as Sandara is already considered 'helpful' so the DC with her is a whopping 4 (0 + 4 for her CHR mod)

This will be sufficient for her to channel to heal the parties wounds from the rats.
channel: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 2) = 8

Knowing what you mean. Have a bit of a wee chappel in Hells' Harbor, but my father died so decided to take to the open sea. Did not figger on being press ganged by Harrigan's goons. Sandara takes a breath to fill and light her pipe.
Care to get some rum and cast some bones with me? I feel like a wager me self.


M Goblin Rogue4HP 20/28,Init+4,F3R8W3Per9AC17T15FF13

I know how to brew and stuff.. Hmm..Make their booze real strong so it makes em drunk and git whipped for drunk on da job! Manny scratches his chin. Plus if someone falls overboards, dat means more work for us.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Jobs rolls for day five
Manny's galley roll: rnd: 1d6 ⇒ 2
nuts' rigger roll: rnd: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Capricia's Swab roll: rnd: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Emerald's Swab roll: rnd: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Laroisael's Swab roll: rnd: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Harask Swab roll: rnd: 1d6 ⇒ 5


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Manny

Cooking: Assisting Ambrose Kroop in preparing
the day’s meal. If Kroop is sober, no check is
required. If Kroop is drunk, this requires a DC 10
Profession (cook) or Intelligence check.

Ari

Line Work: Hard work hoisting and lowering sails,
requiring a DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Dexterity
check. The PC must also make a DC 10 Constitution
check to avoid being fatigued at the end of the shift.

Capricia and Harask

Runner: Passing messages to the crew and officers
of the Wormwood in all parts of the ship except
officers’ cabins (areas A4 and A5), requiring a DC 10
Acrobatics check and DC 10 Constitution check.
Failing the Constitution check results in the PC being
fatigued at the end of the shift. A PC with the Run feat
automatically succeeds at this task.

Emerald

Repairs: Things constantly tear or break aboard the
ship and need repairs, whether sewing sails or splicing
rope all day, requiring a DC 10 Profession (sailor) or
Dexterity check.

Laroisael

Man the Bilges: Vile and sweaty work cleaning out the
bilges (area A11), requiring a DC 12 Strength check.
The PC must also make a DC 10 Constitution check to
avoid being fatigued at the end of the shift.


M Goblin Rogue4HP 20/28,Init+4,F3R8W3Per9AC17T15FF13

Manny is going to try to make some of the booze real strong and give it to the ones who tried beating them up so they get drunk and sick.

Prof-Brewer: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Manny discovers that booze can become acid under the right circumstances!


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Seems Manny just brewed up a mean batch of moonshine!


Female Elf Bard [Archaeologist] 3/Fighter 1 | HP 20/28 | AC 15 | touch 13 | flat 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perception +11 | Archaeologist's Luck (+1, 6 rounds/day)

Strength check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Constitution check: 1d20 ⇒ 8

Today is not Laroisael’s day, and she ends up exhausted much quicker than usual.


M Goblin Rogue4HP 20/28,Init+4,F3R8W3Per9AC17T15FF13
brvheart wrote:
Seems Manny just brewed up a mean batch of moonshine!

Manny could sell or trade for favors.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
Laroisael wrote:

[dice=Strength check]1d20 + 1

[dice=Constitution check]1d20

Today is not Laroisael’s day, and she ends up exhausted much quicker than usual.

Laroisael is fortunate that she only failed by 3 which causes a severe admonishment at Bloody Hour and a warning that next time it will be the lash.


Female Sea Elf Blood Arcanist Savant 4; AC 15 (18 w/mage armor), HP 27, Init + 3; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +4; Atk melee +5, ranged +5. concentration +11, Skills Acro +4, Climb +1 (+9), Perc + 3, Prof (sailor) +12, SoH +4, Sp.craft +11 (+13), Swim +17
Emerald wrote:

Repairs: Things constantly tear or break aboard the
ship and need repairs, whether sewing sails or splicing
rope all day, requiring a DC 10 Profession (sailor) or
Dexterity check.

influence: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

nighttime action gamble (ps whomever is in the game try to influence) maybe Jack Skrimshaw, Barefoot Samms Toppin, badger Medler, or shivikah

Profession sailor: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Now this work is much better than the bilges she thinks to herself, it reminds of that one summer on my uncle's fishing boat, when I had to sew all the sails and keep it all clean. My uncle Benny is a great diver too. We use go and get oysters and sponges off the bottom together


1/2 Orc Storm Druid 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +4, R +2, W +5 | Init +4 Perc +8
brvheart wrote:

I will let you take the roll in discussion. You need to delete the first roll using a 'cut' rather than 'copy'. Although it matters little as Sandara is already considered 'helpful' so the DC with her is a whopping 4 (0 + 4 for her CHR mod)

This will be sufficient for her to channel to heal the parties wounds from the rats.

Knowing what you mean. Have a bit of a wee chappel in Hells' Harbor, but my father died so decided to take to the open sea. Did not figger on being press ganged by Harrigan's goons. Sandara takes a breath to fill and light her pipe.
Care to get some rum and cast some bones with me? I feel like a wager me self.

Harak grins at the offer, then nods, "Aye, though due to my current circumstances bein' what they are, I doubt you'll be surprised that I'm a bit short on funds for a run with the bones. Rum certainly sounds good, though..."

.............

brvheart wrote:

Capricia and Harask

Runner: Passing messages to the crew and officers
of the Wormwood in all parts of the ship except
officers’ cabins (areas A4 and A5), requiring a DC 10
Acrobatics check and DC 10 Constitution check.
Failing the Constitution check results in the PC being
fatigued at the end of the shift. A PC with the Run feat
automatically succeeds at this task.

Acrobatics Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Constitution Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Harak proves to be reasonably adept at running messages, surprising even himself with his ability to remember who's who and who's where aboard the ship. That said, by the time he's done, he's really, really done. Absolutely exhausted...


Female Human Swashbuckler (Rondelero) 3 | hp 22 28/29 NL (0) | AC (gear) 19, t 15, ff 14 | CMD 18 | Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Panache 3/3 | Conditions: prot. from evil

Sorry all for the delay--had a big project for an online computer course I'm taking that gobbled up my time.

Capricia performs fairly admirably as a runner (though she's sweaty and a bit winded by day's end). While she has the run of most of the ship, she decides to poke around in the middle deck, looking for anything of potential value.

Capricia the Pirate Acrobatics Check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Capricia the Pirate Constitution Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Capricia the Pirate Perception Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Daytime Activity: SNEAK (A6. Middle Deck)).


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
Emerald Delta Waters wrote:
Emerald wrote:

Repairs: Things constantly tear or break aboard the
ship and need repairs, whether sewing sails or splicing
rope all day, requiring a DC 10 Profession (sailor) or
Dexterity check.

[dice=influence]1d20 + 2

nighttime action gamble (ps whomever is in the game try to influence) maybe Jack Skrimshaw, Barefoot Samms Toppin, badger Medler, or shivikah

[dice=Profession sailor]1d20 + 9

Now this work is much better than the bilges she thinks to herself, it reminds of that one summer on my uncle's fishing boat, when I had to sew all the sails and keep it all clean. My uncle Benny is a great diver too. We use go and get oysters and sponges off the bottom together

If it has to deal with money Jack Skrimshaw is involved so you manage to influence him.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
Harak wrote:
brvheart wrote:

I will let you take the roll in discussion. You need to delete the first roll using a 'cut' rather than 'copy'. Although it matters little as Sandara is already considered 'helpful' so the DC with her is a whopping 4 (0 + 4 for her CHR mod)

This will be sufficient for her to channel to heal the parties wounds from the rats.

Knowing what you mean. Have a bit of a wee chappel in Hells' Harbor, but my father died so decided to take to the open sea. Did not figger on being press ganged by Harrigan's goons. Sandara takes a breath to fill and light her pipe.
Care to get some rum and cast some bones with me? I feel like a wager me self.

Harak grins at the offer, then nods, "Aye, though due to my current circumstances bein' what they are, I doubt you'll be surprised that I'm a bit short on funds for a run with the bones. Rum certainly sounds good, though..."

Well, fatigued at least. Won't take much rum before he hits the hammock tonight.

.............

brvheart wrote:

Capricia and Harask

Runner: Passing messages to the crew and officers
of the Wormwood in all parts of the ship except
officers’ cabins (areas A4 and A5), requiring a DC 10
Acrobatics check and DC 10 Constitution check.
Failing the Constitution check results in the PC being
fatigued at the end of the shift. A PC with the Run feat
automatically succeeds at this task.

[dice=Acrobatics Check]1d20 + 2

[dice=Constitution Check]1d20 + 2

Harak proves to be reasonably adept at running messages, surprising even himself with his ability to remember who's who and who's where aboard the ship. That said, by the time he's done, he's really, really done. Absolutely exhausted...


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
Capricia the Pirate wrote:

Sorry all for the delay--had a big project for an online computer course I'm taking that gobbled up my time.

Capricia performs fairly admirably as a runner (though she's sweaty and a bit winded by day's end). While she has the run of most of the ship, she decides to poke around in the middle deck, looking for anything of potential value.

[dice=Capricia the Pirate Acrobatics Check]1d20+4

[dice=Capricia the Pirate Constitution Check]1d20+1

[dice=Capricia the Pirate Perception Check]1d20+5

Daytime Activity: SNEAK (A6. Middle Deck)).

Middle Hold: This is the ship’s main cargo hold. The hold is mostly empty at the start of the adventure, save for the 14 pigs; normally kept caged, they periodically escape and run loose within the hold. In the forward section, a flight of wooden stairs climbs up to the officers’ quarters (area A4), while a second set of stairs descends into the lower hold (area A10). A hulking brute is chained to the foremast. Another flight of stairs in the aft section next to the galley leads up to the captain’s quarters (area A5). Stored near the mainmast are two light ballistas, a disassembled light catapult, and 12 barrels containing 20 gallons of oil each.


Female Human Swashbuckler (Rondelero) 3 | hp 22 28/29 NL (0) | AC (gear) 19, t 15, ff 14 | CMD 18 | Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Panache 3/3 | Conditions: prot. from evil
brvheart wrote:
...and 12 barrels containing 20 gallons of oil each.

Capricia files this discovery away in her memory in case it might one day come in useful. As she runs her next errand, she also silently decides NOT to tell Manny the Goblin about this potential inferno-in-a-barrel.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Note: you can retry STR checks for daily jobs.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

This encounter occurs during the fifth evening of the voyage.
Creature: Mr. Plugg’s “pet,” a simpleminded, hulking
brute called Owlbear Hartshorn, is usually kept belowdecks
in the middle hold (area A6), but Plugg brings him out on
special occasions, such as when he wants someone killed
or taught a lesson. Plugg and his cronies lead Owlbear onto
deck just after the evening meal “for a bit of sport” and
dare one of the PCs to take him on—bare-knuckle fists or
wrestling only, no magic tricks, and the last one conscious
wins. To make it interesting, Plugg tosses down a purse of
100 gp as a wager on Owlbear. The PCs can choose which of
their own will fight Owlbear, and can bet on their chosen
champion—the winner takes the entire pot.


M Goblin Rogue4HP 20/28,Init+4,F3R8W3Per9AC17T15FF13

When rum time comes, Manny will be sure to give cups of the super hooch to their harassers.

Go get him, Nuts!


Male CG Halfling Martial Artist 4 | Init +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +2 | HP 25 | AC 19; T 19; FF 13 | CMB 4 | CMD +20 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +7 | Speed: 30 ft | Stunning Fist DC 15 Fort (4/day) |

Job:
Line Work: Hard work hoisting and lowering sails, requiring a DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Dexterity check. The PC must also make a DC 10 Constitution check to avoid being fatigued at the end of the shift.

Dex check DC10: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Con check DC10: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Oof!

Fatigued: A fatigued character can neither run nor charge and takes a –2 penalty to Strength and Dexterity. Doing anything that would normally cause fatigue causes the fatigued character to become exhausted. After 8 hours of complete rest, fatigued characters are no longer fatigued.

Aki is spent after a day of hard work. When Owlbear Hartshorn is brought out, Plugg calls him out directly as punishment for "slacking" throughout the day. Despite straining, he accepts the challenge.

"Finally, some entertainment!" he shouts despite the bags under his eyes. "Come at me, Turdy!"


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Aki, make a Perception check. The hulking brute stumbles forward slowly and awkwardly taking a swing at Aki with his huge fist:
fist unarmed strike: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Male CG Halfling Martial Artist 4 | Init +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +2 | HP 25 | AC 19; T 19; FF 13 | CMB 4 | CMD +20 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +7 | Speed: 30 ft | Stunning Fist DC 15 Fort (4/day) |

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Though not quite ready to start, Aki dodges the strike. He puts his fists up, and goes for a series of strikes. He assumes a defensive posture as he does so.

Fighting defensively as a full round. -4 to attack / +2 dodge to AC

Flurry 1: 1d20 + 4 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 - 1 - 4 = 13
Flurry 2: 1d20 + 4 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 - 1 - 4 = 8
Damage 1: 1d4 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 - 1 = 4
Damage 1: 1d4 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 - 1 = 1

"May the better man win, big fella." Aki mumbles to Hartshorn between the punches "What's your name, anyway?"

AC 19 (18 - 1 + 2) due to Fatigued condition and fighting defensively.
HP 9


Female Sea Elf Blood Arcanist Savant 4; AC 15 (18 w/mage armor), HP 27, Init + 3; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +4; Atk melee +5, ranged +5. concentration +11, Skills Acro +4, Climb +1 (+9), Perc + 3, Prof (sailor) +12, SoH +4, Sp.craft +11 (+13), Swim +17

In watching the match, speaking to Rosie, Sandy, Priss and Lara, I am somewhat amazed that a creature like this would have been here the entire time and we never heard it wail once. LETS BE REAL HERE!! These asz-wipes don't have the empathy in their little finger it takes to train a creature like this.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Note the black tar on the feathers and the shape of its eyes, they are human


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Now that you see him, there is little question that this creature is human and has suffered a great deal of mistreatment including tar and feathering recently.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
Nutѕ wrote:

"[/b] Aki mumbles to Hartshorn between the punches "What's your name, anyway?"

You notice Hartshorn is blind in his left eye and rather slow. If his opponent notices this and attempts to fight Owlbear from that side, that you can make a DC 10 Acrobatics or Bluff check each round to easily avoid Owlbear’s clumsy blows.

Me Hartshorn. In between clowning, laughing, and crying out random phrases at the top of his voice seemingly in an attempt to please the crowd, he takes another swing:

fist unarmed strike: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Male CG Halfling Martial Artist 4 | Init +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +2 | HP 25 | AC 19; T 19; FF 13 | CMB 4 | CMD +20 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +7 | Speed: 30 ft | Stunning Fist DC 15 Fort (4/day) |

"Whoa! Those are some big fists, Hartshorn!" Aki notices the impediment. In an attempt to take an advantage of it, he jumps to the left of the big man, and does two punches at the thighs.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

Fighting defensively as a full round. -4 to attack / +2 dodge to AC

Flurry 1: 1d20 + 4 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 - 1 - 4 = 10
Flurry 2: 1d20 + 4 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 - 1 - 4 = 2
Damage 1: 1d4 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 - 1 = 4
Damage 2: 1d4 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 - 1 = 1

AC 19 (18 - 1 + 2) due to Fatigued condition and fighting defensively.
HP 9


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Hartshorn lumbers and attempts another attack:

fist unarmed strike: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 [dice=damage]d3+3[dice]

Well that would have hit if Aki had not evaded the attack.


Male CG Halfling Martial Artist 4 | Init +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +2 | HP 25 | AC 19; T 19; FF 13 | CMB 4 | CMD +20 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +7 | Speed: 30 ft | Stunning Fist DC 15 Fort (4/day) |

Fighting defensively as a full round. -4 to attack / +2 dodge to AC

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 10 - 1 = 18
Flurry 1: 1d20 + 4 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 - 1 - 4 = 0
Flurry 2: 1d20 + 4 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 - 1 - 4 = 12
Damage: 1d4 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 - 1 = 3

Again, the little halfling dances around to the left of his opponent, and goes for the same thigh. Slightly winded from the laborious day, Aki continues to try to chat up the big man. "You look like a cool guy, Hartshorn. Maybe we have a little chat one day?"

AC 19 (18 - 1 + 2) due to Fatigued condition and fighting defensively.
HP 9


Female Human Swashbuckler (Rondelero) 3 | hp 22 28/29 NL (0) | AC (gear) 19, t 15, ff 14 | CMD 18 | Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Panache 3/3 | Conditions: prot. from evil

Capricia recognizes Hartshorn as the man she discovered chained to the foremast on the middle deck earlier. Positioning herself near Jack Scrimshaw, she comments aloud, "Wow! That little guy is quick! Not to mention smarter and tougher than he looks; I thought for sure that big fellow would squash him like a gnat!"

Capricia's just setting the table for trying to influence Scrimshaw later. She's flat broke so she didn't place any bet on the outcome.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Me like talk, mebbe you like crabs? He offers up some of the live crabs from his left hand.
After the last strike by Aki, Plugg throws a club in his direction:

club: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Hartshorn smashes a barrel with his club.


M Goblin Rogue4HP 20/28,Init+4,F3R8W3Per9AC17T15FF13

Punch em in da nuts, Nuts!


Male CG Halfling Martial Artist 4 | Init +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +2 | HP 25 | AC 19; T 19; FF 13 | CMB 4 | CMD +20 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +7 | Speed: 30 ft | Stunning Fist DC 15 Fort (4/day) |

"No low blows. This is a friend of ours, Manny!" the halfling shouts back at the goblin, but can't help flashing a brief smile.

Fighting defensively as a full round. -4 to attack / +2 dodge to AC

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 10 - 1 = 16
Flurry 1: 1d20 + 4 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 - 1 - 4 = 18
Flurry 2: 1d20 + 4 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 - 1 - 4 = 7
Damage 1: 1d4 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 - 1 = 2
Damage 2: 1d4 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 - 1 = 1

Aki looks in horror at the barrel that was just smashed next to his face, further incentivising the need to be nimble and take his time.

"I mean..." he talks between regular breaths "if that is what you can do to a crab, I'll gladly share a few with you. If you don't smash my skull open like that. That would very much inconvenience me."

He goes for the thigh again.

I would like to point out I am doing nonlethal damage this whole time. Trying to knock him out, not kill him.

AC 19 (18 - 1 + 2) due to Fatigued condition and fighting defensively
HP 9


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

I am quite aware of the fact that you are still trying to just knock him out and he was also until Plugg forced him to use the club as he is losing (pretty badly now) may I point out that you don't need to fight defensively with the sucessful acrobatics roll. He was not trying to hurt Aki that bad, he just got a lucky blow.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

The good news is he is almost unconsious


Female Elf Bard [Archaeologist] 3/Fighter 1 | HP 20/28 | AC 15 | touch 13 | flat 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perception +11 | Archaeologist's Luck (+1, 6 rounds/day)

Laroisael could barely hold her head up from the table due to her exhaustion, but was fully focused on the brawl. She was in awe of the halfling’s martial art skills. In fact, she could say with quite confidence that the fighting style was…

Impressive. That’s definitely how to describe the halfling’s fighting skills.


M Goblin Rogue4HP 20/28,Init+4,F3R8W3Per9AC17T15FF13

Bite his ankles off!


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Sorry, I missed I was up

Hartshorn swings wildly once more, laughing and joking

club: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Male CG Halfling Martial Artist 4 | Init +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +2 | HP 25 | AC 19; T 19; FF 13 | CMB 4 | CMD +20 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +7 | Speed: 30 ft | Stunning Fist DC 15 Fort (4/day) |

"You seem like a cool guy, Hartshorn. How come I never see you around the ship?"

Nuts dances around Hartshorn left side again, going for the thigh two more times.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

Fighting defensively as a full round. -4 to attack / +2 dodge to AC

Flurry 1: 1d20 + 4 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 - 1 - 4 = 11
Flurry 2: 1d20 + 4 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 - 1 - 4 = 11
Damage 1: 1d4 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 - 1 = 2
Damage 2: 1d4 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 - 1 = 4

AC 19 (18 - 1 + 2) Fatigued + Fighting defensively
HP 9


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Owlbear is so beat up he cries and tries to back away but is pushed back by Plugg and his mates. He is unable to take a swing this round.


Female Elf Bard [Archaeologist] 3/Fighter 1 | HP 20/28 | AC 15 | touch 13 | flat 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perception +11 | Archaeologist's Luck (+1, 6 rounds/day)

Against her better judgement, Laroisael sits up and scolds the others.

Hey, c’mon, the big guy is done!

She doesn’t give a lick if she gets flogged for this, she refuses to just sit there and let them bully Owlbear like that.

1 to 50 of 1,725 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / dot All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.