Brvheart's Skull&Shackles

Game Master brvheart

Become a pirate and plunder the Shackles and maybe one day challenge the Pirate King himself for leadership!


The Shackles


201 to 250 of 1,233 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Roll init when you get down there


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Roll init when you get down there


Female Elf Bard [Archaeologist]/2/Fighter 1 | HP 20/20 | AC 14 | touch 12 | flat 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +5 | Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +10 | Archaeologist's Luck (+1, 6 rounds/day)

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Oh this can’t be good, the elven explorer says internally.


Female Sea Elf Blood Arcanist Savant 2; AC 15 (18 w/mage armor), HP 19, Init + 3; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3; Atk melee +4, ranged +4. concentration +8, Skills Acro +4, Climb +1 (+9), Perc + 1, Prof (sailor) +12, SoH +4, Sp.craft +9 (+11), Swim +14

draw my mace, Initiative for rat killin!!: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


M Goblin Rogue3HP 22/22,Init+4,F3R7W3Per8AC17T15FF13

Manny init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

I got a knife here. Big knife.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

init Harak: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
init dire rats: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Laroisael and Emerald see a bunch of Dire Rats have invaded the bilge!


Female Elf Bard [Archaeologist]/2/Fighter 1 | HP 20/20 | AC 14 | touch 12 | flat 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +5 | Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +10 | Archaeologist's Luck (+1, 6 rounds/day)

realizing Laroisael doesn’t have her weapons oh this might get interesting


Female Sea Elf Blood Arcanist Savant 2; AC 15 (18 w/mage armor), HP 19, Init + 3; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3; Atk melee +4, ranged +4. concentration +8, Skills Acro +4, Climb +1 (+9), Perc + 1, Prof (sailor) +12, SoH +4, Sp.craft +9 (+11), Swim +14

I have 2 extra maces I found in a box down here, I will pull one for Lara, it's a heavy one handed simple and does 1d8 damage.

grabbing another of the 3 heavy maces and hand it to Lara

take it to defend yourself


M Goblin Rogue3HP 22/22,Init+4,F3R7W3Per8AC17T15FF13

Dinner!


Male CG Halfling Martial Artist 3 | Init +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +2 | HP 19 | AC 18; T 18; FF 13 | CMB 3 | CMD +18 | Fort +5; Ref +8; Will +6 | Speed: 30 ft | Stunning Fist DC 14 Fort (3/day) |

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Female Human Swashbuckler (Rondelero) 3 | hp 20 22/29 NL (0) | AC (gear) 19, t 15, ff 14 | CMD 18 | Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Panache 3/3 | Conditions: none

Capricia thanks Sandara for the gift of her falcata; she hides it among the boxes of junk in the bilges.

When she and the others in the bilges are summoned mid-morning, Capricia tries to eavesdrop on the conversation between Jack and Plugg. "If there's something dangerous down in the bilges, how about you give or at least lend us a few daggers to deal with the threat?" she asks Plugg.

Capricia the Pirate Perception Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

========================================================================

Weapon in hand or not, Capricia enters the bilges with the others, knowing that her falcata's hidden down there...if she can get to it without being attacked!

Capricia the Pirate Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Initiative Order Round One
Capricia Belacrest-Maxeme
Dire Rats
Emerald
Laroisael
Harak
Aki "Nuts" Lowleaf
Manny


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
Capricia the Pirate wrote:

Capricia thanks Sandara for the gift of her falcata; she hides it among the boxes of junk in the bilges.

When she and the others in the bilges are summoned mid-morning, Capricia tries to eavesdrop on the conversation between Jack and Plugg. "If there's something dangerous down in the bilges, how about you give or at least lend us a few daggers to deal with the threat?" she asks Plugg.

[dice=Capricia the Pirate Perception Check]1d20+5

========================================================================

Weapon in hand or not, Capricia enters the bilges with the others, knowing that her falcata's hidden down there...if she can get to it without being attacked!

[dice=Capricia the Pirate Initiative]1d20+4

All the weapons are in a box next to Emerald so they are in reach. You are first.


Female Human Swashbuckler (Rondelero) 3 | hp 20 22/29 NL (0) | AC (gear) 19, t 15, ff 14 | CMD 18 | Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Panache 3/3 | Conditions: none

Capricia moves to the box, opens it, grabs her falcata, and starts distributing maces to the others.

Capricia the Pirate Acrobatics Check (to avoid AoO; in case the rats aren't flat-footed): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

The dire rats attack the group

One on Capricia
bite: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1 plus disease
Ari
bite: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21 damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4 plus disease
Emerald
bite: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18 damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4 plus disease
Manny
bite: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20 damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4 plus disease
Harak
bite: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1 plus disease
Laroisael
bite: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13 damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3 plus disease


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Emerald
Laroisael
Harak
Aki "Nuts" Lowleaf
Manny


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Harask grabs a belaying pin on the way down.
belaying club: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


1/2 Orc Storm Druid 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +4, R +2, W +5 | Init +4 Perc +8

The half-orc growls in frustration as he targets, swings, and altogether misses the dire rat. "This is ridiculous! I seriously need my scimitar for this!"

Ok, folks. I'm baaaaack!


M Goblin Rogue3HP 22/22,Init+4,F3R7W3Per8AC17T15FF13

Manny gets mauled by a rat as big as he is.

AGHHHHH!!!!!!

Manny tries hopping over the rat and stabbing it in the back

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Dagger,Sneak attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 231d3 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + (2) = 3


Female Sea Elf Blood Arcanist Savant 2; AC 15 (18 w/mage armor), HP 19, Init + 3; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3; Atk melee +4, ranged +4. concentration +8, Skills Acro +4, Climb +1 (+9), Perc + 1, Prof (sailor) +12, SoH +4, Sp.craft +9 (+11), Swim +14

Captain Prissy Bell Max (your name in anagram)

Priss
Emmy
Lara
Har
Nuts
Chef
If it takes more than a breath to say in battle, it's too long. ;)

ear piercing scream on the one in front of me, point spent for +2 caster level DC 16 fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 102d6 + 1 ⇒ (6, 6) + 1 = 13

casting defensively concentration: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Fort save Dire Rat: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Laroisael
and
Aki "Nuts" Lowleaf


Female Elf Bard [Archaeologist]/2/Fighter 1 | HP 20/20 | AC 14 | touch 12 | flat 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +5 | Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +10 | Archaeologist's Luck (+1, 6 rounds/day)

Fort Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Mace Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Mace Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

As soon as the elf realizes the pain from the dire rat biting into her arm, she gives off a near perfect expression of a banshee as she smacks the vermin off of her arm.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Emerald and Laroisael have both out down a dire rat each.


Female Human Swashbuckler (Rondelero) 3 | hp 20 22/29 NL (0) | AC (gear) 19, t 15, ff 14 | CMD 18 | Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Panache 3/3 | Conditions: none
Emerald Delta Waters wrote:
Captain Prissy Bell Max (your name in anagram)

That's pretty impressive! I quit when my own attempt started with "Betamax...."


Male CG Halfling Martial Artist 3 | Init +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +2 | HP 19 | AC 18; T 18; FF 13 | CMB 3 | CMD +18 | Fort +5; Ref +8; Will +6 | Speed: 30 ft | Stunning Fist DC 14 Fort (3/day) |

Aki steps into the dark interior to sounds of squeaking, and goes straight for one of the rats. He gets bitten in the process, however, and retracts one of his attempted strikes.

Flurry 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Flurry 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

AC 18, HP 8/9


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Initiative Order Round Two
Capricia Belacrest-Maxeme
Dire Rats
Emerald
Laroisael
Harak
Aki "Nuts" Lowleaf
Manny


Female Human Swashbuckler (Rondelero) 3 | hp 20 22/29 NL (0) | AC (gear) 19, t 15, ff 14 | CMD 18 | Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Panache 3/3 | Conditions: none

Capricia goes on the attack, targeting the rat flanked between herself and the goblin cook.

Capricia the Pirate falcata (flanking): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 2 = 17 for slashing damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 (19-20/x3)


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

The two remaining rats attack the party

One on Capricia
bite: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3 plus disease
The other on Manny
bite: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1 plus disease

The rat on Ari attempts to bite her and falls unconsious.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Emerald
Laroisael
Harak
Aki "Nuts" Lowleaf
Manny

Are up

4 down, 2 to go


Female Sea Elf Blood Arcanist Savant 2; AC 15 (18 w/mage armor), HP 19, Init + 3; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3; Atk melee +4, ranged +4. concentration +8, Skills Acro +4, Climb +1 (+9), Perc + 1, Prof (sailor) +12, SoH +4, Sp.craft +9 (+11), Swim +14

5 ft and wack another with my mace: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 181d8 ⇒ 7


Male CG Halfling Martial Artist 3 | Init +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +2 | HP 19 | AC 18; T 18; FF 13 | CMB 3 | CMD +18 | Fort +5; Ref +8; Will +6 | Speed: 30 ft | Stunning Fist DC 14 Fort (3/day) |

Nuts goes for another set of attacks. This time he stomps on the rats with his right foot.

Thud-thud

5 ft step if needed, and full attack

Flurry: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Flurry: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Damage1: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Damage1: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Thud-thud goes the last rat.

xp= 135 each
xp= 15 each for Bilge Spider from the first day


M Goblin Rogue3HP 22/22,Init+4,F3R7W3Per8AC17T15FF13

Manny grabs the rats so he can slice them up to add to the turtle stew.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

You managed to find the following while searching for the rats:

a buckler, a masterwork handaxe, and a vial of holy water.


1/2 Orc Storm Druid 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +4, R +2, W +5 | Init +4 Perc +8

Harak peers about warily, just in case there were any other rodents about, even those of standard and usual size.

Finding nothing, he spots the goblin at work and begins to assist Manny in the collection of the rats. "Do we need to actually show these to Plugg or something?"


M Goblin Rogue3HP 22/22,Init+4,F3R7W3Per8AC17T15FF13

I'll take two rats, you guys show the orhers


Female Elf Bard [Archaeologist]/2/Fighter 1 | HP 20/20 | AC 14 | touch 12 | flat 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +5 | Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +10 | Archaeologist's Luck (+1, 6 rounds/day)

The elf sighs in great relief once the rats are taken care of. “Wish this one friend of mine was with us. She hates rats and would volunteer to take care of them herself. Of course she’d probably tear a hole in the ship first…


Female Sea Elf Blood Arcanist Savant 2; AC 15 (18 w/mage armor), HP 19, Init + 3; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3; Atk melee +4, ranged +4. concentration +8, Skills Acro +4, Climb +1 (+9), Perc + 1, Prof (sailor) +12, SoH +4, Sp.craft +9 (+11), Swim +14

Healing anyone? Is Lara keeping the mace, I will put your name on it. Also found some leather armor. Now we have a handaxe and buckled. So for someone, that's +3 ARMOR.

I got bit by one of them and it's bleeding, can I catch a disease from these things??


Male CG Halfling Martial Artist 3 | Init +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +2 | HP 19 | AC 18; T 18; FF 13 | CMB 3 | CMD +18 | Fort +5; Ref +8; Will +6 | Speed: 30 ft | Stunning Fist DC 14 Fort (3/day) |

"Well, I got bit as well. If you get a fever, you know why." he shrugs. "Not much to do about it now. Not like we have access to medicine or anything. Your best shot is probably to douse it with rum as soon as possible."

He thinks for a moment. "OUR best shot."

The halfling pauses for two more seconds and looks around. "Also, the cats on this ship are just decor? What's up with that?"


1/2 Orc Storm Druid 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +4, R +2, W +5 | Init +4 Perc +8
brvheart wrote:


Capricia and Harak

Repairs: Things constantly tear or break aboard the ship and need repairs, whether sewing sails or splicing rope all day, requiring a DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Dexterity check.

I owe you a roll for this, methinks.

Repairs/Profession (Sailor) check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

.......

Carrying rats as they move to return to the main deck, Harak says to Nuts, I don't think they have cats big enough to take on the likes of..." the druid shakes one of the dire rats "...these. Which is why we were sent down instead."

He pauses, then adds quietly, "I'm not sure, considering our accomidations, but I should be able to help a bit with any harsh injuries...tomorrow."


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Cats here are generally short for the cat o nine tails carried by Mr Scourge and Mr Plugg. They have a rather mean bite.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
Emerald Delta Waters wrote:

Healing anyone? Is Lara keeping the mace, I will put your name on it. Also found some leather armor. Now we have a handaxe and buckled. So for someone, that's +3 ARMOR.

I got bit by one of them and it's bleeding, can I catch a disease from these things??

You need to make a Fort Save DC 11 everyone that was bit


M Goblin Rogue3HP 22/22,Init+4,F3R7W3Per8AC17T15FF13

Fort save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


Female Sea Elf Blood Arcanist Savant 2; AC 15 (18 w/mage armor), HP 19, Init + 3; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3; Atk melee +4, ranged +4. concentration +8, Skills Acro +4, Climb +1 (+9), Perc + 1, Prof (sailor) +12, SoH +4, Sp.craft +9 (+11), Swim +14
MannyGoblin wrote:
When Manny gets a chance, he will zoom past their team and see if any need a MW dagger.

I prefer a dagger over a mace because I can conceal it and carry it under my skirts, plus if I have to dive, it's much more useful in the water and can cut rope.


M Goblin Rogue3HP 22/22,Init+4,F3R7W3Per8AC17T15FF13

Ok, you got dagger.


Female Sea Elf Blood Arcanist Savant 2; AC 15 (18 w/mage armor), HP 19, Init + 3; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3; Atk melee +4, ranged +4. concentration +8, Skills Acro +4, Climb +1 (+9), Perc + 1, Prof (sailor) +12, SoH +4, Sp.craft +9 (+11), Swim +14

fortitude: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11


Female Elf Bard [Archaeologist]/2/Fighter 1 | HP 20/20 | AC 14 | touch 12 | flat 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +5 | Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +10 | Archaeologist's Luck (+1, 6 rounds/day)

Fort save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


Male CG Halfling Martial Artist 3 | Init +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +2 | HP 19 | AC 18; T 18; FF 13 | CMB 3 | CMD +18 | Fort +5; Ref +8; Will +6 | Speed: 30 ft | Stunning Fist DC 14 Fort (3/day) |

Fort vs disease DC 11: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

"Hmph." Nuts lets out a dismissive exhale. "Half of the crew is kidnapped and forced to comply under threat, the cats don't catch rats at all - if they have any to begin with, and we didn't port or see another ship in days. I'm honestly baffled by the fact that this ship is sailing at all."

He looks around the room for something small that could cut a rope and kept hidden at the same time.


Female Human Swashbuckler (Rondelero) 3 | hp 20 22/29 NL (0) | AC (gear) 19, t 15, ff 14 | CMD 18 | Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Panache 3/3 | Conditions: none

"Well fought!" Capricia tells the others, the rondelero disciple already eyeballing the newly found buckler. Turning to Manny, she adds, "If you really want to turn any rats into food, do so for yourself only. Do NOT add it to your turtle soup and serve it to the crew! If the captain finds out, you'll be the next one to get a keelhauling! Most folks don't eat rodents--they're disease-carriers."

The young woman grabs one of the rat corpses by the tail to carry up to the main deck. She makes a point of parading it past Jack Scrimshaw and whispering, "Problem solved. The bilges should be safe now." Then she gets back to her duties for the day.

Capricia the Pirate Profession (sailor) Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

During her day shift, she chums around some more with Tilly Brackett, hoping to make her first real friend among the Wormwood's crew.

Daytime Action: INFLUENCE (Tilly Brackett).

Capricia the Pirate Diplomacy Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

201 to 250 of 1,233 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / dot All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.