Baldwin the Merciful's Bloody Nightmare

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This my new low level PF 1 game. I will be combining aspects of a homebrew game with published material. It is set in the country of Nirmathas.

Welcome to my Bloody Nightmare.


1,101 to 1,150 of 2,122 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>

Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 5 Init 5 AC20/T17/F14, Perc +7, Stelth +21 Saves F+3/R+9/W+0, HP 47/47

With the last of the kolbolds dead Poke Poke starts collecting up the goods. Picking up the the shinier dagge, Poke Poke compares it to his own. He notices the craftmanship seems to be nicer and more balanced that the ones Grumpy made. Poke Poke clips the sheath for it on to his belt without a second thought.
Poke Poke looks at the papers, puts on in his mouth and quickly spits it out and tosses the other ones away with it.

"YUK! Those makes no sense."

Poke Poke dumps all the coin into one of the sacks and walks over to the ranger. "Hey Stinky, you carry. We devide later"


Male Human Invulnerable Rager HP: 50/50 AC18/12/16, F6/R3/W2, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6

Calain holds his hands out helplessly.
He was carrying nothing other than the dagger at his waist and was in his breeches.
Trade for what?


Favored Enemy (human) +4 (animals) +2; Second Wind 2/2 HP 43/43, AC 18 / T 14 / FF 14 // Fort +6 / Ref +8 / Will +2 Initiative +4, Perception +9 Longbow +9 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +7 (1d10+3)

"Weve got a buncha dead kobolds over here! And maybe some daggers and stuff. What or who are ya talking with, Calain?"


Evil GM

Calain as you look down at your waist you do notice several fat leeches that have attached themselves to your juicy warm flesh.

fortitude 9 save please.

if successful:
It actually feels like several could be under your breeches.

Bushy hair covers the head and face of a rugged humanoid with thick, powerful legs and a round waist that significantly overshadows a slight upper torso and seemingly atrophied arms. This creature is wearing a hodgepodge of animal hides and he is holding a club in his hand and javelin on his back. It was a javelin not a spear that landed near your feet from above.

The simple answer to Calain's question, "Fuud." He motions with his free hand to his mouth.

Calian: Knowledge local or nature to identify the type of creature you are speaking to.


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

Dr. Tes tries to figure out who Calain is talking to over there. Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17knowledge local: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


Evil GM

Dr. Tes:
This is a Morabo. Over the course of untold generations, this stocky race of humanoids adapted to their demanding boggy environment, most notably in the development of powerful abdominal, thigh, and calf muscles, giving them tremendous leaping ability and swimming prowess. Likewise, the bushy, salt and pepper hair covering their heads and faces provides insulation against the cold temperatures that often plague these wetlands. Their disproportionately thinner upper torsos and arms appear downright spindly in comparison to their brawny legs and waists.

Morabo typically master thrown and hurled weapons, javelins and slings in particular, along with light and one-handed weapons. Though they are not an inherently militaristic or warrior culture, morabo never back down from a fight, regardless of the odds against them. Fidelity, courage, and conviction run through their blood. Indeed, they refer to death in battle as “the final, sinking step to the nether world.” In their world, it is an honorable demise remembered forever around the twisting, black smoke of the ever burning peat fires.

At their cores, morabo are gruff individualists who take nothing for granted. In their unforgiving world, one momentary lapse in judgment or concentration can have fatal consequences. While most people would move on and abandon their desolate bogs for proverbially greener, tamer pastures, the morabo feel an otherworldly connection to the land.

They treat strangers with great caution, and if provoked they can unleash a tremendous amount of rage, but they also give others a fighting chance to gain their trust and win their friendship. Wetlands dwellers quip that “an encounter with a morabo can earn one a friend for life or a partner in death.”


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

Do they have a language they know more than common?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Invulnerable Rager HP: 50/50 AC18/12/16, F6/R3/W2, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6
baldwin the merciful wrote:

Calain as you look down at your waist you do notice several fat leeches that have attached themselves to your juicy warm flesh.

fortitude 9 save please.

** spoiler omitted **

I think we can manage some food for you.... Calain calls over his shoulder, What can we offer the boats owner in Food? He is willing to trade.

Calain was beginning to feel a little at ease and started picking at the leeches about his waist
Fort 9 save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
and then into his breeches to remove the ones getting precariously close to his.....


Favored Enemy (human) +4 (animals) +2; Second Wind 2/2 HP 43/43, AC 18 / T 14 / FF 14 // Fort +6 / Ref +8 / Will +2 Initiative +4, Perception +9 Longbow +9 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +7 (1d10+3)

"If he wants dead kobolds, we have a bunch of them. Otherwise, some rations maybe? We can spare a bit of non-lizard-person food I suppose."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 5 Init 5 AC20/T17/F14, Perc +7, Stelth +21 Saves F+3/R+9/W+0, HP 47/47

"We have a dog." Poke Poke says looking over at Jerry the wolf


5Condamage Half-Orc Bard5HP(27)27/46/Init+5F+3R+5W+4Per6AC13T11FF12

I have some rations


Evil GM
Dr. Zestelim Tes wrote:
Do they have a language they know more than common?

Not really. You know they are swamp people and essentially backwoods, so they generally have limited language. if there were any others you'd figure: goblinoid and draconic would be what the intellectual types commonly acquire.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Evil GM

" Lizards guud...yum." He rubs his tummy. He points towards Poke poke Gobo? Give paddles too if yous let me eat gobo." His gapping mouth smirks. "Show you way too if we gets to cook 'em and eat him first...No tricks. Squishy eyes juicy." A little bit of drool begins to run from the other of his mouth.


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 5 Init 5 AC20/T17/F14, Perc +7, Stelth +21 Saves F+3/R+9/W+0, HP 47/47

lol


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 5 Init 5 AC20/T17/F14, Perc +7, Stelth +21 Saves F+3/R+9/W+0, HP 47/47

"Maybe Poke Poke gut and eat you. You no see Poke Poke coming."


Male Dwarf Druid 5 (Wolf Shaman) HP 56/56, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+8/R+3/W+6, Perc +10, Init +6

Poke Poke small... Ask him where big food?


Favored Enemy (human) +4 (animals) +2; Second Wind 2/2 HP 43/43, AC 18 / T 14 / FF 14 // Fort +6 / Ref +8 / Will +2 Initiative +4, Perception +9 Longbow +9 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +7 (1d10+3)

"Well, were kinda using this goblin for now. Hes quite the singer and very handy with those little knives of his. Perhaps the kobolds and a couple of days of rations will suffice?"

Bradan lugs as many kobolds as he can into a pile, then takes out a couple days worth of rations to add.


5Condamage Half-Orc Bard5HP(27)27/46/Init+5F+3R+5W+4Per6AC13T11FF12

We use goblin to check for danger. Dangle in water to check for crocs


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

"Morabo! The reptiles are yours, and we have more to give. The goblin is an individual who deserves respect. This goblin has mastered both blade and word. Let us all show respect to each other."
diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


Evil GM

I'm, generally, surprised at least two or three of you haven't "offered" the goblin up in trade. I'm sure someone could come up with a compelling case for it being a "fair" trade. :-)


Evil GM

The Morabo looks at Dr. Tes, and the others, speaking from the across the swamp and frowns in diappointment. The creature is hesistant but he signals to the tree, this gesture results in two more Morabo dropping down to the ground. It's more of an agile leap than a drop.

The lead morabo who has been communicating with you begins to pull the canoe into the water. He motions for one of his tribe to get in the canoe and together they begin to paddle towards the shoreline where the main party is located and the food offerings.

They leave Calain, and one of the Morabo, behind on the hummock. "Stay...we be back." Clearly suggesting that they were going check out the food before giving the canoe over to Calain.


5Condamage Half-Orc Bard5HP(27)27/46/Init+5F+3R+5W+4Per6AC13T11FF12

Very well. Yes we will wait. Beorn is willing to extend some trust to the Morabo.


Evil GM

The two Marobo's arrive to the shoreline. they half handely tug the canoe a foot onto shore. They aren't overly concerned with it floating away.

'Me Mullit, he's Krab...lets look at the lizard folk." he sniffs the air. "Small very little meat," He picks and pokes at few of the kobolds. "You sure no gobo,,,we cook and eat him....then we show you how to go. Gobo is always a guud meat...juicy eats and tender hearts."


Male Human Cleric AC: 16/9/16, Saves: 4/-1/5 Initiative: -1 Hit Points (8/17) Cleric of Ioemdae 1

Maybe if he tried to kill us, but Poke Poke hasn't and won't attack you.

Bron turns to poke poke and tells him,

Druuc'd ogaac dec akuur akhalec daal dekhuur lhoreklelakhec, okhaageraan A ghuul kaar daal or o.

Goblin:
Don't even think about attacking them without justification, otherwise I may let them eat you.

Anyways, just checking no one needs healing?

He says in a more cheery voice.


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 5 Init 5 AC20/T17/F14, Perc +7, Stelth +21 Saves F+3/R+9/W+0, HP 47/47

Poke Poke with draws his daggers and the creature mention of eating him, but hearing the humans words starts to back away rounding a tree out of the view of the swamp things.

stealth: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35


Evil GM

One of the Marobo stands guard near the canoe, his eyes are constantly moving, and he sniffs the air. His upper lips twitches as his nostrils flare.

The creature that has been doing all the talking thus far walks around the pile of dead kobolds. He jabs his javelin into each one as if he is testing the freshness or simply assuring they are dead. "Other fuud yous said. Don't see nuthin but dead lizards." His bushy eyebrows raise as he makes this point. "Me canoe is better than jus'dead mudcrawlers." You can see his canoe is a patchwork of wood and stretched skins and it only big enough for 3 medium sized creatures.

"Me Mullit, he's Krab."


Favored Enemy (human) +4 (animals) +2; Second Wind 2/2 HP 43/43, AC 18 / T 14 / FF 14 // Fort +6 / Ref +8 / Will +2 Initiative +4, Perception +9 Longbow +9 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +7 (1d10+3)

Bradan unslings his pack and removes a pair of ration packs, handing them over to the two creatures.

"Here is the travel food we promised."

To the others:

"This is a good start, but this one vessel won't be enough for all of us. Maybe someone gifted with their words can convince our new friends to tell us where some drier land might be?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

"First off, to my own companions, remember I specifically have dibs. Krab and Mullit we offer you the amazing treat of rations, food you don't even have to hunt! Civilization has its downsides, but this isn't one of them. I also have some very special mushrooms we could perhaps enjoy together. Brother humanoids, trade-friends, do you have any advice for those such ourselves without your gifts get through this area?"Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


Evil GM

The Marobo looks at the rations and listens to Dr. Tes. His attitude seems to be indifferent towards you. He picks up one of the rations and bites down on some of the food. He grinds his teeth and swallows the dried meat.

He nods approvingly. "We take fuud and lizards meat over there." he motions to where Calain is located, "then we give 'im can'nut."

he scratches his bushy hair, "We swim or use can'nut or walk. Avoid soft sand...not guud."


HP 39/39 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+7/CMD 12, Init +2, Perc +7, Height 5'6, swim +2
baldwin the merciful wrote:

"We swim or use can'nut or walk. Avoid soft sand...not guud."

What's the fastest, easiest, safest way to dry land from here?


5Condamage Half-Orc Bard5HP(27)27/46/Init+5F+3R+5W+4Per6AC13T11FF12

Beorn nods. Mullet and Crab. He hands over two days rations.
Did any humans or other two legged people come through here? One wa s awoman.


Evil GM
Aggrah the White Witch wrote:
baldwin the merciful wrote:

"We swim or use can'nut or walk. Avoid soft sand...not guud."

What's the fastest, easiest, safest way to dry land from here?

Mullit points to the canoe. "Fastest and easiest way.' I takes another bite of the dried meat, Walk is twisty take 2 days if you not git lost." He motions to the path you are on.


Evil GM
Beorn the Divine wrote:

Beorn nods. Mullet and Crab. He hands over two days rations.

Did any humans or other two legged people come through here? One wa s awoman.

He snatches the fuud offering. He nods. "Yes." He points to the path you are on, "They go that way."


Evil GM

The Marobos load up the canoe with the bodies. "Take path for that breaks left...less travelled but faster way to catch group.


Male Dwarf Druid 5 (Wolf Shaman) HP 56/56, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+8/R+3/W+6, Perc +10, Init +6

Let's cut them off and kill'em... Then he turns to the accidental guides, Thank you.


Male Human Invulnerable Rager HP: 50/50 AC18/12/16, F6/R3/W2, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6

Calain waited patiently while the negotiations, which were apparently going well, concluded. He couldn't make out the words being spoken at this distance however, neither side was moving in a defensive or threatening manner and conversation appeared open.

He noticed the allies had handed over the kobold bodies and some of their trail rations (looks like they'd have to do some foraging later) but perhaps that meant the trade for the boat would occur.

He waited on his side of the swamp with his guard. he didn't attempt to make conversation, not out of fear, but he simply didn't feel like it.
The adventure had not started well and he was keen to catch up to their quarry.


Evil GM

The two Marobos push and pull the canoe loaded with dead kobolds back into the swamp. They walk the canoe out and then guide it as they swim back towards Calain's location. They make quick work at the crossing, clearly they are accustomed to swamp swimming. Once back at the hummock they emerge from the water and begin to unload their feast.

"Take Kan'nut. Beware of soft ground and swamp monsters."


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

Dr. Tes gets in and motions for Mr. Poke to climb on. "We thank you Morabos! I hope we become brothers!


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 5 Init 5 AC20/T17/F14, Perc +7, Stelth +21 Saves F+3/R+9/W+0, HP 47/47

Poke poke hops aboard the boat, but clear doesn't share Dr. Tes opinion of the creatures


5Condamage Half-Orc Bard5HP(27)27/46/Init+5F+3R+5W+4Per6AC13T11FF12

My thanks for your help. Beorn boards the boat.


Favored Enemy (human) +4 (animals) +2; Second Wind 2/2 HP 43/43, AC 18 / T 14 / FF 14 // Fort +6 / Ref +8 / Will +2 Initiative +4, Perception +9 Longbow +9 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +7 (1d10+3)

"Well, that went surprisingly well. Now we've got a boat, let's keep our eyes open for another, or some dry land, eh?"

Bradan retrieves any of his missed arrows he can, then stows his bow and takes up his torch & hatchet stance once more.

Broken Arrow?: 1d100 ⇒ 49 (high is good)
Broken Arrow?: 1d100 ⇒ 20 (high is good)
Broken Arrow?: 1d100 ⇒ 29 (high is good)

"Stupid bloody swamp...gonna swallow up all my damned arrows in this muck."


Male Dwarf Druid 5 (Wolf Shaman) HP 56/56, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+8/R+3/W+6, Perc +10, Init +6

Better it tek' yer arrows, than tek yew. Count yer blessings. Cognizant of sinking much like a stone...

survival, avoid quicksand: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


Evil GM

The canoe with Beorn, Dr. Tes and Poke Poke is pretty full. You can squeeze either Geri or one character that is thin. Alternatively, there is plenty of room for gear.


Evil GM

When the Marobos finish unpacking their feast they mention to Calain. "The heeevy one in the metal will sink in muck. Needs lighter stuff on." He is referencing Bron's armor and this is not the place for heavy gear.


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 5 Init 5 AC20/T17/F14, Perc +7, Stelth +21 Saves F+3/R+9/W+0, HP 47/47

could we fit the heavy armor people and gear and Geri, if Poke Poke and Dr Tes were out? Not saying we would But asking for a friend.


Evil GM
Poke Poke wrote:
could we fit the heavy armor people and gear and Geri, if Poke Poke and Dr Tes were out? Not saying we would But asking for a friend.

The canoe will fit 3 people in medium or heavy gear.


HP 39/39 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+7/CMD 12, Init +2, Perc +7, Height 5'6, swim +2

Sooo...We gonna draw straws or what? Aggrah asks wishing she knew the Misfortune Hex her grandma used to deploy on those trying to cheat her in cards...thinking of some VERY specific targets for that hex

relenting a bit trying to be logical I guess we can't have the armored guys sinking to the bottom of the swamp She says really not looking forward to more swimming


5Condamage Half-Orc Bard5HP(27)27/46/Init+5F+3R+5W+4Per6AC13T11FF12

I am wearing leather, but I never really took swimming lessons.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

"So we're just ignoring common dibs laws? Mr. Poke, does the law have an opinion?"


Evil GM
Dr. Zestelim Tes wrote:
"So we're just ignoring common dibs laws? Mr. Poke, does the law have an opinion?"

LMAO

1,101 to 1,150 of 2,122 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Bloody Nightmare All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.