The River Kingdom's Shadow

Game Master Mythicman19

Click me for the Map!


151 to 200 of 534 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

F Undine [ HP: 20/20 | AC: 17 (TAC: 15, FFAC: 12) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | Fort: +5, Ref: +6, Will: +1 | Init: +3 | Perception +6 ] Water Dancer UnMonk 2 [ Speed 30 ft | Hydrated Vitality: 1/1 | Nereid Fascination: 1/1 | Burn: 0/5 | Waveblade +5/1d6; Unarmed Strike +5/1d6; Water Blast +5/1d6+1+2 | Active conditions: none ]

sorry about the silence.

Immana nods to the woman as they leave. Outside, she shows just a little bit of impatience. "Let's just go. It doesn't seem like anyone wants to bother to get in our way, and Cornelius said can handle himself." She adds, to herself, "these ruins better be worth all this trouble".


Geniveev Holidin, and please when you find him bring him here I’d love to hear what he has to say about the ruins. she nods and a man walks over handing you a rolled up paper detailing a reward for a lost noble.

As you walk out voices slowly come back and things return to normal within the hall. What would you all like to do?


Human Ranger 2 | HP 11/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +6 CMD 18 | Init +4 Perc +7 | Effects: None | Longbow +7 1d8 Flambard +4 1d10+3 | 15/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows 20/20 Blunt

"I have no objection to heading to these ruins straight away. Cornelius didn't indicate that we needed to wait for him, did he?

Does anyone know where they are?"


M div-spawn tiefling swashbuckler 1 | HP: 11/19 | AC 17 / T 14 / FF 13 | CMB: +6, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +7, W: 0 | Init: +4 | darkvision 60ft; Perc: +4, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 3/3 | Fire Healing: 1/1 | Charmed Life: 3/3 | Active conditions: None

Before replying, Atar quickly reads the contract and then passes the information down to his companions. @GM: what does the contract say? Looking for: names of the people involved (contract-giver, missing person), instructions, payment, general information, that sort of thing.

"Well, perhaps we can send out a message to Cornelius letting him know we will be away for some time?" Atar stops the first young person he sees. "Excuse me there, fellow. Want some easy coin? We need a message delivered to an old half-elf staying at the Greenforest inn. One gold from me, another from him." Once they agree, Atar hands them the gold piece. "Oh, and do you know where those ruins everyone's talking about are?"


The contract is for a missing person by the name of Damien Bitrost. Son of Lord Bitrost a baron in the vicinity of Rostov in Brevoy. A reward of of 1000 gold is offered. Upon arrival of the missing person payment of agreed amount will happen. If found dead and returned half that amount will be paid for the return of his body. The body must be recognizable if it’s returned dead.

A young half eleven girl looks over as you call and runs over nodding along. “I know where it is. The ruins are behind the lord’s manor, there’s a big scary hole in the ground. Mom says not to go in it.” the moment she gets the gold she stares at it and takes off towards the Inn running as fast as possible.


Human Ranger 2 | HP 11/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +6 CMD 18 | Init +4 Perc +7 | Effects: None | Longbow +7 1d8 Flambard +4 1d10+3 | 15/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows 20/20 Blunt

"I suppose we should be off, then."

Doing a quick check of his supplies, Bob grimaces. "I seem to have used all of my torches and have not replenished my stock. Does anyone have a light source?"


N/A Leshy Driud (Leshy Warden) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 18 t 13 f 15 | F +5 R +2 W +7 | Init. +2 | Darkvision 60' | Perception +9 | CMB +1 | CMD 13 | Spells: 1st 4/4

Brightberry smiles and picks up a stick. The end of it begins to shed light equal to that of a torch and he holds it up to Bob. "Torch."


Male HP:12/15 AC:15 T:13 FF:13 F:+2 R:+5 W:+3 Perc:+6 Init:+3 Bastard Sword +5 1d10+3 CMB:+4 CMD:+14 Human Magus (Blade Bound) 1 Swashbuckler 1
Atar Bilaruh wrote:

"Ah, that went well, right?! They didn't even try to kill us! I mean, they wanted, but they didn't try."

Not yet...

As the little girl runs off, he turns and stops the group before they move forward. He looks at Atar with concern but no anger.
If you wish to speak for us all...you had better start thinking of us all before you open your mouth again. You walked into a mercenary den...their den and drop a tell like that...

Trakas shakes his head.
You walked into the Greenforest and made yourself the center of attention...which in turn brought attention onto all of us. So not only did you bring the eyes of the cut-purses of the place where we are staying mind you, onto us but you sashayed right into the Blue Basilisk, a mercenary group and announce to all what we are here to do. Her voice was loud enough to make sure those that we did not see was heard. So we have the eyes of this law abiding city on us and you drop a gold on a runner. You should never play poker...

He smiles slightly...
We need to keep our cards close to our vest and hope that we do not get jumped before we even make it to the entrance. This contract is worth a lot of money...but it is worth even more because of the underwriter. If we are successful...we very well may meet up with a welcoming party on our way out.

Thibaut "Bob" Dufour wrote:
"I seem to have used all of my torches and have not replenished my stock. Does anyone have a light source?"

I can produce light with my magic if it is needed.


M div-spawn tiefling swashbuckler 1 | HP: 11/19 | AC 17 / T 14 / FF 13 | CMB: +6, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +7, W: 0 | Init: +4 | darkvision 60ft; Perc: +4, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 3/3 | Fire Healing: 1/1 | Charmed Life: 3/3 | Active conditions: None

Atar tilts his head for a moment, almost like a confused puppy. "Well, I apologise if you think I have brought too much attention to us, Trakas, I really do…but have you actually looked at us? You and Bob can blend in just fine, but I'm a demon-spawn, Immana's an undine and Brightberry and Redleaf are sentient plant-folk -- the tiefling crosses his arms and shrugs --we will be drawing attention whether we want to or not, you know, so my strategy tends to be like: give people what they want and they will not think there's anything besides what they already expected. Make a ruckus, let everyone know you're there, carelessly say stuff…and they'll think they have you all figured out."

He puts his arm around Traka's shoulder "But just stop me next time I open my big mouth. Or, well, you're a charmer, I'm fine if you take the lead in negotiations, just show me something shiny and distracting before I…" Atar trails off, looking at Brightberry's glowing stick. "Well, that's just adorable. And useful."


Human Ranger 2 | HP 11/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +6 CMD 18 | Init +4 Perc +7 | Effects: None | Longbow +7 1d8 Flambard +4 1d10+3 | 15/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows 20/20 Blunt

Bob nods to Brightberry with a small smile. "That'll do. Thank you."

He remains aloof to the exchange between Trakas and Atar. It is nothing he hasn't heard before a dozen times.

"Thank you for the offer of light, Trakas. Two sources are better than one, especially if one will be near the enemy.

Now, if you two are done, can we stop arguing in the middle of the street? You both have a different take on stealth, and both are valid in different circumstances. As long as we get the information we need efficiently, I'm happy."


F Undine [ HP: 20/20 | AC: 17 (TAC: 15, FFAC: 12) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | Fort: +5, Ref: +6, Will: +1 | Init: +3 | Perception +6 ] Water Dancer UnMonk 2 [ Speed 30 ft | Hydrated Vitality: 1/1 | Nereid Fascination: 1/1 | Burn: 0/5 | Waveblade +5/1d6; Unarmed Strike +5/1d6; Water Blast +5/1d6+1+2 | Active conditions: none ]

"I can see in the dark, and so can Atar, I'd assume, so we won't be lost even if we run out of magic or torches." Immana completely ignores Atar and Trakas's argument. Perhaps one or the other had a good point, but it seemed pointless to fight over something that didn't seem to matter, at least for now.


N/A Leshy Driud (Leshy Warden) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 18 t 13 f 15 | F +5 R +2 W +7 | Init. +2 | Darkvision 60' | Perception +9 | CMB +1 | CMD 13 | Spells: 1st 4/4

Brightberry nods to Bob and checks his own supplies. He looks into his masterwork packpack. empty
"I have all of my things. Ready to go into the cursed, abandoned, underground temple!" He says with a smile.

Redleaf, on the other hand, scoots a little closer to Immana. His branches are shivering, causing his leaves to rustle.


off to the temple I assume.

As you make your way up to the lords manor you see it resides on a rather abrupt hill in the middle of the town. You follow the directions around the manor and easily find a cavern leading underground that has a lone column standing slightly askew. The darkness’s of the tunnel seems rather foreboding and a sign appears tacked to the stone column saying DO NOT ENTER DEATH BEYOND. There are a rather large amount of dents in the sign and many stones under it.


N/A Leshy Driud (Leshy Warden) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 18 t 13 f 15 | F +5 R +2 W +7 | Init. +2 | Darkvision 60' | Perception +9 | CMB +1 | CMD 13 | Spells: 1st 4/4

Brightberry will walk up to the area beside the lone column to find some vegetation.

plantspeech:
"Hey guys. You need any water? I can give you some if you're thirsty. Any other two legged things come through here lately? Humans? How about other things? You see anything scary around here?


Human Ranger 2 | HP 11/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +6 CMD 18 | Init +4 Perc +7 | Effects: None | Longbow +7 1d8 Flambard +4 1d10+3 | 15/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows 20/20 Blunt

Looking at the pile of stones, Bob will chuckle. "Kids, eh? Showing their dominance over the haunted caverns by throwing rocks at the sign."

Does he see anything sticking out of the pile?
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Readying his bow, he looks toward the tunnel entrance. "Normally, I'd prefer to be in front scouting ahead of us, but with the light, I don't imagine that will be very useful.

That in mind, I'd suggest Immana and Atar up front, Trakas and I in the back, and Redleaf and Brightberry in the middle. D'accord?"

Once the marching order is agreed to, Bob will ask Brightberry to cast Light on the arrow he has knocked in the bow.

"Let's go. Keep your eyes peeled for booby traps."


N/A Leshy Driud (Leshy Warden) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 18 t 13 f 15 | F +5 R +2 W +7 | Init. +2 | Darkvision 60' | Perception +9 | CMB +1 | CMD 13 | Spells: 1st 4/4

Brightberry nods what passes for a head for him as Bob speaks. As Brightberry continues to speak to the plants growing outside the entrance he points over his shoulder, back toward Bob, and Bob's arrowhead knocked in his bow begins to glow. As it does, the stick that he had made into a torch fades.

Reluctant to leave the plants, after gaining whatever information they have to give and giving them water in return, Brightberry and Redleaf join the middle of the group.

I'm doing this for the forest. It is worth it. We will be protected. Brightberry thinks to himself.


M div-spawn tiefling swashbuckler 1 | HP: 11/19 | AC 17 / T 14 / FF 13 | CMB: +6, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +7, W: 0 | Init: +4 | darkvision 60ft; Perc: +4, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 3/3 | Fire Healing: 1/1 | Charmed Life: 3/3 | Active conditions: None

"You are right, Bob. Just one thing: Trakas, I am truly sorry," Atar says before he gives the human a surprise hug and an exaggerated kiss on the cheek. "Now, off we go!"

Once they reach the entrance to the ruins, he nods at Bob. "Reasonable as always, friend." He draws his rapier, examines it for a moment and sheathes it again. "If anyone finds any traps I can try to make them stop working. Is everyone ready?" He says and winks at Brightberry.

Atar is ready whenever everyone else is. First thing he'll do inside the hole is to search for traps.
Perception (looking for traps): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


Male HP:12/15 AC:15 T:13 FF:13 F:+2 R:+5 W:+3 Perc:+6 Init:+3 Bastard Sword +5 1d10+3 CMB:+4 CMD:+14 Human Magus (Blade Bound) 1 Swashbuckler 1
Atar Bilaruh wrote:
"You are right, Bob. Just one thing: Trakas, I am truly sorry," Atar says before he gives the human a surprise hug and an exaggerated kiss on the cheek. "Now, off we go!"

As Atar kisses the cheek of Trakas, he feels a sharp object poking at his lower regions. He looks down to see a knife, like one would use for eating in the left hand of the magus. He looks back up at the human to see him smiling.

A flick of my wrist and I will end your demon-spawn lineage.
With an ever so slight pressure, he walks the tiefling back and away from his personal space.
You spend too much time being notice that you miss what is right in front of you. That is a sure way to end a game real quick. Now if you are done pea-cocking around...let us get to work.


@Brightberry, there is some moss and ivy that seems to have grown on edges of the column it responds in a quiet way to you “Humans? Rocks thrown today. Thing walked by some time ago. No need for water it’s very damp. Nothing scary here, just darkness.”

@Bob As you inspect the rocks you don’t see anything of note, just rocks thrown at the sign.

@Atar you don’t see any traps at the moment.

Once inside the tunnel you don’t see much as it seemingly a dirt tunnel though there is the hint of stone on the ground and walls. It’s well worn and very marked. It continues for some time seemingly for some 50 feet. The smell of earth and a strange smell drifts to you as you descend.

will have a map up after work.


N/A Leshy Driud (Leshy Warden) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 18 t 13 f 15 | F +5 R +2 W +7 | Init. +2 | Darkvision 60' | Perception +9 | CMB +1 | CMD 13 | Spells: 1st 4/4

Brightberry looks to Redleaf and says, "Thing. Did you hear that? Thing. That doesn't sound good." Brightberry hurries to keep to the middle of the group.


M div-spawn tiefling swashbuckler 1 | HP: 11/19 | AC 17 / T 14 / FF 13 | CMB: +6, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +7, W: 0 | Init: +4 | darkvision 60ft; Perc: +4, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 3/3 | Fire Healing: 1/1 | Charmed Life: 3/3 | Active conditions: None

Atar sniffs the air and grimaces. "What is that smell? Can anyone tell? Bob?"

Perception (what is that smell?): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 not sure if it's the appropriate skill


Human Ranger 2 | HP 11/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +6 CMD 18 | Init +4 Perc +7 | Effects: None | Longbow +7 1d8 Flambard +4 1d10+3 | 15/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows 20/20 Blunt

Knowledge(Nature): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

"Hard to smell anything other than unwashed goat back here."


As you walk in deeper the earth gives way to stone with the floor, walls, and ceiling becoming stone. A thin layer of sand covers the floor, and braziers align the walls with blue flames. The entry cavern now stone passageway leads to a large hall held up by a number of carved columns. Directly ahead, a doorway is sealed with stone blocks. in the center of the floor, the stones have been pulled up revealing a staircase leading downward. The smell in the air now is easily discernible to all, as it is rotting meat.


Human Ranger 2 | HP 11/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +6 CMD 18 | Init +4 Perc +7 | Effects: None | Longbow +7 1d8 Flambard +4 1d10+3 | 15/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows 20/20 Blunt

Wrinkling his nose, Bob scans the room, but focuses his attention on the obvious path forward, down the stairs.

I hope that smell isn't Damien. It won't be pleasant bringing THAT back to his father

Waiting for his turn on the stairs, he considers the obviously magical braziers, wondering what the original purpose of this structure was.


F Undine [ HP: 20/20 | AC: 17 (TAC: 15, FFAC: 12) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | Fort: +5, Ref: +6, Will: +1 | Init: +3 | Perception +6 ] Water Dancer UnMonk 2 [ Speed 30 ft | Hydrated Vitality: 1/1 | Nereid Fascination: 1/1 | Burn: 0/5 | Waveblade +5/1d6; Unarmed Strike +5/1d6; Water Blast +5/1d6+1+2 | Active conditions: none ]

Oh hey, map, thanks.

At the entrance, Immana takes a deep breath or two, then heads in. Any expression she had before is gone, replaced with an emotionless focus on the surroundings. As they reach the hall, she looks around for any hidden passages or threats. "That doorway doesn't seem like it is passable. Looks like there is only one way to go from here."

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


N/A Leshy Driud (Leshy Warden) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 18 t 13 f 15 | F +5 R +2 W +7 | Init. +2 | Darkvision 60' | Perception +9 | CMB +1 | CMD 13 | Spells: 1st 4/4

where's the map?


F Undine [ HP: 20/20 | AC: 17 (TAC: 15, FFAC: 12) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | Fort: +5, Ref: +6, Will: +1 | Init: +3 | Perception +6 ] Water Dancer UnMonk 2 [ Speed 30 ft | Hydrated Vitality: 1/1 | Nereid Fascination: 1/1 | Burn: 0/5 | Waveblade +5/1d6; Unarmed Strike +5/1d6; Water Blast +5/1d6+1+2 | Active conditions: none ]

Small link in the line above the tabs, easy to miss. link


@Immana you don’t find any hidden doors and the stone passage way is in fact quite blocked.

marching order as you walk in, also note the squares are 10x10 so you can go 2x2 if you’d like.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Ranger 2 | HP 11/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +6 CMD 18 | Init +4 Perc +7 | Effects: None | Longbow +7 1d8 Flambard +4 1d10+3 | 15/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows 20/20 Blunt

I believe we agreed to the following marching order:

FRONT
Atar - Immana
Redleaf - Brightberry
Bob - Trakas
REAR


M div-spawn tiefling swashbuckler 1 | HP: 11/19 | AC 17 / T 14 / FF 13 | CMB: +6, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +7, W: 0 | Init: +4 | darkvision 60ft; Perc: +4, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 3/3 | Fire Healing: 1/1 | Charmed Life: 3/3 | Active conditions: None

"I guess you've been around a few dead goats lately, Bob," says Atar whilst sniffing the air. He takes a quick look down the stairs, drumming his fingers on his rapier's scabbard. "Well, I guess it looks safe-ish?" He descends, once he's convinced no dangers will catch him unawares.

Perception (traps on the stairs): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


F Undine [ HP: 20/20 | AC: 17 (TAC: 15, FFAC: 12) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | Fort: +5, Ref: +6, Will: +1 | Init: +3 | Perception +6 ] Water Dancer UnMonk 2 [ Speed 30 ft | Hydrated Vitality: 1/1 | Nereid Fascination: 1/1 | Burn: 0/5 | Waveblade +5/1d6; Unarmed Strike +5/1d6; Water Blast +5/1d6+1+2 | Active conditions: none ]

Immana follows Atar closely, her eyes also roaming around for danger.

perception again: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Human Ranger 2 | HP 11/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +6 CMD 18 | Init +4 Perc +7 | Effects: None | Longbow +7 1d8 Flambard +4 1d10+3 | 15/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows 20/20 Blunt

Bob chuckles, enjoying the banter despite himself.

Keeping an eye behind them, he follows Atar down the steps.


You don’t seem to see any traps and as you descend you come upon a small antechamber that has a hallway down straight from where you came. Iron stakes driven into the flagstones pin what appears to be a half eaten pig carcass in the middle of the room. As you descend and all enter the chamber you hear the crawling and skittering of 2 giant centipedes that seemingly crawled out at the behest of new food.

GM things:

Centipedes: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Atar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Brightberry: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Immana: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Trakas: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Bob: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Redleaf?: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Initiative;
Bob, Brightberry, Centipedes, Trakas, Atar, Immana, Redleaf


Human Ranger 2 | HP 11/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +6 CMD 18 | Init +4 Perc +7 | Effects: None | Longbow +7 1d8 Flambard +4 1d10+3 | 15/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows 20/20 Blunt

Sliding over to the NW corner of the room, Bob swiftly targets the nearest centipede with the Light bearing arrow.

Note: Bob has Precise Shot

Bow,PBS: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 1 = 18 (vs. Flat-footed?)
Damage?,PBS: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


N/A Leshy Driud (Leshy Warden) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 18 t 13 f 15 | F +5 R +2 W +7 | Init. +2 | Darkvision 60' | Perception +9 | CMB +1 | CMD 13 | Spells: 1st 4/4

can't move my guy still, love the red leaf though

Full withdrawal for both plant people up the stairs two spaces please.


Human Ranger 2 | HP 11/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +6 CMD 18 | Init +4 Perc +7 | Effects: None | Longbow +7 1d8 Flambard +4 1d10+3 | 15/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows 20/20 Blunt
Brightberry wrote:
Full withdrawal for both plant people up the stairs two spaces please.

Processed. Why do modules release maps with 10ft grids? It is offensive...


the 10 foot square map is just close enough to be used but still annoying because of the difference in grid size.

The centipede now hit with the glowing air wriggles and part of the insect breaks free off with the section hit by the arrow still unpacked on the ground. The one hit by the arrow skitters forward and goes to bite Immana while the other wriggles and goes to bite Trakas.

Curtain:

bite 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 181d6 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5
bite 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 131d6 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

Immana thinking the centipede is dead from the arrow turns to look at the other and it breaks free biting her in the leg, Taking 5 damage and
Fort save 13:
Poison!: 1d3d6 ⇒ 4

The other tries to bite at Trakas’ foot and he pulls it out of the way.
left to go is Trakas, Immana, Atar, Redleaf for R1


F Undine [ HP: 20/20 | AC: 17 (TAC: 15, FFAC: 12) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | Fort: +5, Ref: +6, Will: +1 | Init: +3 | Perception +6 ] Water Dancer UnMonk 2 [ Speed 30 ft | Hydrated Vitality: 1/1 | Nereid Fascination: 1/1 | Burn: 0/5 | Waveblade +5/1d6; Unarmed Strike +5/1d6; Water Blast +5/1d6+1+2 | Active conditions: none ]

fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Immana is momentarily distracted, and the near centipede mangles her leg. Showing little reaction, she smashes at its ugly face, but she's not used to its odd wriggling motion.

attack (unarmed): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


M div-spawn tiefling swashbuckler 1 | HP: 11/19 | AC 17 / T 14 / FF 13 | CMB: +6, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +7, W: 0 | Init: +4 | darkvision 60ft; Perc: +4, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 3/3 | Fire Healing: 1/1 | Charmed Life: 3/3 | Active conditions: None

"Trakas, let's flank this one!" Atar yells and takes a step to the right, hoping his companion will do the same. He tries to stab at the centipede, but his foot slips on a pool of congealed pig blood and his thrust goes wide.

Rapier, risky strike: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 - 1 = 8
P damage, risky strike: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

"Come on, you stupid thing. Try and bite my tasty ankle," he says, shaking his leg in front of the arthropod and trying to bait it into attacking him whilst preparing a counter.

In case the centipede attacks Atar, he will spend 1 panache point and his AoO for an oportune parry and riposte.
Parry: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 +2 if flanking
Rapier: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 +2 if flanking
P damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6


N/A Leshy Driud (Leshy Warden) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 18 t 13 f 15 | F +5 R +2 W +7 | Init. +2 | Darkvision 60' | Perception +9 | CMB +1 | CMD 13 | Spells: 1st 4/4

Redleaf follows suit with Brightberry.

Sorry, didn't realize you rolled initiative separate for Readleaf. I appreciate that. My other PbP gm has my animal companion go on my turn, which could also be fine, aside from the fact that he has improved initiative. Anyway, so now we just need to hear from Trakas?


Male HP:12/15 AC:15 T:13 FF:13 F:+2 R:+5 W:+3 Perc:+6 Init:+3 Bastard Sword +5 1d10+3 CMB:+4 CMD:+14 Human Magus (Blade Bound) 1 Swashbuckler 1

Trakas quietly examines the situation before adjusting his position to the proper place.

Attack with Flank: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 2 = 24
Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 2


*the centipede next to Atar and Trakas faces a barrage but manages to evade getting skewered on the rapier but has several of its legs cut off by the Trakas.

Immana goes still dealing with processing the poison misses crushing the centipede under foot.

[ooc] Top of the round! I wasn’t sure if you wanted Redleaf to move on you’re turn or not. From now on I will just have him act on yours, to make things easier.[/b]

R2, Bob and Brightberry get to act then the Centipedes.

Status,
8 damage to centipede one
2 damage to centipede two


Human Ranger 2 | HP 11/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +6 CMD 18 | Init +4 Perc +7 | Effects: None | Longbow +7 1d8 Flambard +4 1d10+3 | 15/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows 20/20 Blunt

Continuing to move around the edge of the room, Bob sends another arrow at the centipede fighting Immana.

Bow,PBS: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 1 = 16
Damage?,PBS: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


N/A Leshy Driud (Leshy Warden) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 18 t 13 f 15 | F +5 R +2 W +7 | Init. +2 | Darkvision 60' | Perception +9 | CMB +1 | CMD 13 | Spells: 1st 4/4

Redleaf makes a face like he is aggressively holding his breath. After a heavy second, a popping sound erupts from his torso. A seed shoots outward toward the centipede by Immana.

touch attack: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 2 - 4 = 21d1 ⇒ 1

Having never before used this self defense mechanism, and using it to protect Immana especially, Redleaf is not really even sure where his seed pod went.


N/A Leshy Driud (Leshy Warden) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 18 t 13 f 15 | F +5 R +2 W +7 | Init. +2 | Darkvision 60' | Perception +9 | CMB +1 | CMD 13 | Spells: 1st 4/4

Brightberry wonders to himself if he could have calmed these creatures. They are not very familiar to him but it would have been possible. Seeing nothing he can do at the moment to help this vicious battle, and not seeing anyone in dire need of his healing yet. He looks around his surroundings to see what else might be waiting for them.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


Letting loose an arrow at the one next to Immana Bob nails the creature taking it across the room and pinning it to the foot dead. Red leaf’s seed pod goes wide missing its mark when he tries to shoot it due to his inexperience.

Brightberry you don’t see anything in this chamber that would indicate more danger except the lone centipede left.

Veil of Gming:

attack 1 is Atar 2 trakas: 1d2 ⇒ 11d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 51d6 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1

The centipede scurrying to get away from the one who hit it bites at Atar. With a sleek parry of his blade then quick riposte he cuts off half the creature with its upper half falling to the ground scurrying back from the swashbuckler.

everyone may act before the creature gets its next turn.
Status;
Centipede 1 dead,
Centipede 2 8 damage
Immana 5 damage


F Undine [ HP: 20/20 | AC: 17 (TAC: 15, FFAC: 12) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | Fort: +5, Ref: +6, Will: +1 | Init: +3 | Perception +6 ] Water Dancer UnMonk 2 [ Speed 30 ft | Hydrated Vitality: 1/1 | Nereid Fascination: 1/1 | Burn: 0/5 | Waveblade +5/1d6; Unarmed Strike +5/1d6; Water Blast +5/1d6+1+2 | Active conditions: none ]

Immana nods to Bob as his arrow takes out the bug at her feet. Turning to the other side, she sticks out her palm in the direction of the remaining bug, and a torrent of water flows out, striking the area with great force.

attack (water blast): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
damage, if hit: 1d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 2 = 7


The water goes spurts out at the centipede smashing it into a wall and crushes it due to the great force of the water. All goes quiet in the chamber as combat come to an apartment close, with only the mangled remains of the centipedes to show for it.


Human Ranger 2 | HP 11/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +6 CMD 18 | Init +4 Perc +7 | Effects: None | Longbow +7 1d8 Flambard +4 1d10+3 | 15/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows 20/20 Blunt

Examining the pig carcass, Bob tugs on his beard, confused.

"Someone was hunting, obviously. What were they hunting for, however? Centipedes? Hoping to harvest the venom, perhaps, though that is a dangerous way to make coin.

This carcass has certainly been dead a couple of days, judging by the smell. It could have already been ripe when they brought it down here, if that is better for attracting centipedes. It also could have been brought here by our missing noble's son.

Hunting centipedes does seem like noble's work though."

Scanning about, he looks for tracks left by whoever left the pig. Survival(Track): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


M div-spawn tiefling swashbuckler 1 | HP: 11/19 | AC 17 / T 14 / FF 13 | CMB: +6, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +7, W: 0 | Init: +4 | darkvision 60ft; Perc: +4, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 3/3 | Fire Healing: 1/1 | Charmed Life: 3/3 | Active conditions: None

"Is centipede venom that valuable, though?" Atar pokes the carcass, raises it to eye level and examines the meat. "Can you eat these, Bob? People eat all sorts of weird things where I come from and say it's aphrodisiac. Give it a fancy name too so no one knows what it actually is, charge a ridiculous amount…this could be called Forbidden Shrimp, perhaps?" He cleans his rapier before sheathing it again.

While the ranger is looking for tracks, Atar takes a look down the corridor, trying to see if anything seems off or if any other centipedes were coming his way.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

151 to 200 of 534 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [b] The River Kingdom’s Shadow [ / b] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.