The River Kingdom's Shadow

Game Master Mythicman19

Click me for the Map!


51 to 100 of 534 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

N/A Leshy Driud (Leshy Warden) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 18 t 13 f 15 | F +5 R +2 W +7 | Init. +2 | Darkvision 60' | Perception +9 | CMB +1 | CMD 13 | Spells: 1st 4/4

Brightberry seems taken aback at the use of the Sylvan tongue and turns to address Immana, also in Silvan. "That is actually him speaking. Plant speech. I could probably teach you to understand it, but I don't think you could ever speak it. It seems that Redleaf has claimed you as his humanoid. Don't worry, I think that he made that ritual up. I don't think that the forces of nature would go along with it. I don't think."


F Undine [ HP: 20/20 | AC: 17 (TAC: 15, FFAC: 12) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | Fort: +5, Ref: +6, Will: +1 | Init: +3 | Perception +6 ] Water Dancer UnMonk 2 [ Speed 30 ft | Hydrated Vitality: 1/1 | Nereid Fascination: 1/1 | Burn: 0/5 | Waveblade +5/1d6; Unarmed Strike +5/1d6; Water Blast +5/1d6+1+2 | Active conditions: none ]

«Oh...oh. Okay. I see.» Immana nods her thanks at the two leshys before turning back to the rambling half-elf just as he ends a story. She tries to cut in to ask about the ruins, but it seems like the man doesn't even notice her.

diplo: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Human Ranger 2 | HP 11/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +6 CMD 18 | Init +4 Perc +7 | Effects: None | Longbow +7 1d8 Flambard +4 1d10+3 | 15/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows 20/20 Blunt

As he leads Vanguard along, Bob overhears and understands the conversation between the two new, strange looking creatures.

Half turning his head toward the conversation, he interjects in Common, "Neither of you look like any kind of fey I have heard of. If I find out that you came from the First World, you might want to reconsider travelling with us."

As the party walks along toward the cottage, Bob starts to get annoyed at the incessant chatter, but attempts to remain respectful. "Sir, this is very interesting, though I am afraid that most of the details of your research escape me.

What we really need to know is where you found the maps to this facility."

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19


Male HP:12/15 AC:15 T:13 FF:13 F:+2 R:+5 W:+3 Perc:+6 Init:+3 Bastard Sword +5 1d10+3 CMB:+4 CMD:+14 Human Magus (Blade Bound) 1 Swashbuckler 1

Finding the chatter boring and unnecessary, Trakas keeps quiet and his eyes moving all around as the walk.


M div-spawn tiefling swashbuckler 1 | HP: 11/19 | AC 17 / T 14 / FF 13 | CMB: +6, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +7, W: 0 | Init: +4 | darkvision 60ft; Perc: +4, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 3/3 | Fire Healing: 1/1 | Charmed Life: 3/3 | Active conditions: None

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Atar tries to interrupt Cornelius and direct the conversation towards something more relevant to the ruins the group will explore, but cannot keep up with the half-elf's labyrinthine digressions on historical and mythological minutiae.

Bob's comments turns his attention to Brightberry and Immana speaking in some language he does not know and shrugs -- 'Need to ask Bob if he knows what these two are going on about. Immana seems embarrassed.' -- before turning his attention again to Cornelius and his reply.


N/A Leshy Driud (Leshy Warden) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 18 t 13 f 15 | F +5 R +2 W +7 | Init. +2 | Darkvision 60' | Perception +9 | CMB +1 | CMD 13 | Spells: 1st 4/4

He has something against the First World? Wonder what? Might not be as nature friendly as he seems. Maybe he got tricked at some point.

Brightberry looks over to gauge Immana's reaction to this veiled threat. He, himself, seems unperturbed.


Cornelius stops speaking listening to Bob’s brash but respectful tone that seems to draw him back from his long spun yarn. “I used several older maps and accounts to figure out the position of the town and keep. It involved using the account of a Taldan explorer, a map of a Cheliaxian knight on a mission to find this goblin empire, and then a Azlanti note describing a small keep far in the wilderness that sounds very familiar to the town. Using these clues Thornkeep was the only possible area. The hardest part was finding the note! It is hard to find surviving scripture written by magical peoples from that era.” he says with a hint of pride.


N/A Leshy Driud (Leshy Warden) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 18 t 13 f 15 | F +5 R +2 W +7 | Init. +2 | Darkvision 60' | Perception +9 | CMB +1 | CMD 13 | Spells: 1st 4/4

Town. Keep. Ugh.


F Undine [ HP: 20/20 | AC: 17 (TAC: 15, FFAC: 12) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | Fort: +5, Ref: +6, Will: +1 | Init: +3 | Perception +6 ] Water Dancer UnMonk 2 [ Speed 30 ft | Hydrated Vitality: 1/1 | Nereid Fascination: 1/1 | Burn: 0/5 | Waveblade +5/1d6; Unarmed Strike +5/1d6; Water Blast +5/1d6+1+2 | Active conditions: none ]

Immana doesn't outwardly acknowledge the old human's words, but files them away for future reference. Her own connection to the fey is rather strong, after all, even if she isn't one.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M div-spawn tiefling swashbuckler 1 | HP: 11/19 | AC 17 / T 14 / FF 13 | CMB: +6, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +7, W: 0 | Init: +4 | darkvision 60ft; Perc: +4, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 3/3 | Fire Healing: 1/1 | Charmed Life: 3/3 | Active conditions: None

Atar laughs. "I bet there's a story behind finding that note, Cornelius!"


“It’s not that impressive, it was in a journal by an Azlanti nobleman, the nobleman was a posh fool. What’s very exciting is what the note said, it talked about a wizard threatening him from a fortress in what was called the Fey Lands, due tours connection to the first world. These little details helped to solve this puzzle of location.


N/A Leshy Driud (Leshy Warden) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 18 t 13 f 15 | F +5 R +2 W +7 | Init. +2 | Darkvision 60' | Perception +9 | CMB +1 | CMD 13 | Spells: 1st 4/4

"Umm. Did you say that there is a wizard living in the fortress? Is this ruin you want us to explore underneath the wizard's fortress?"

Brightberry begins to lean away from Cornelius as he asks this question.

Maybe we were wrong about this man.


Human Ranger 2 | HP 11/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +6 CMD 18 | Init +4 Perc +7 | Effects: None | Longbow +7 1d8 Flambard +4 1d10+3 | 15/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows 20/20 Blunt

"Zut alors! Naturally, the fey are involved.", Bob exclaims with a shudder.

Hopefully we don't actually have to enter the First World to explore these ruins. Clearing fey from the place is fine, but I don't want to put myself in their control.

Bob considers the half elf with a bit more respect. He certainly does seem coherent, though I am not judge of the veracity of his research. I should apologize for thinking badly of him.

Grunting to himself, he tries to think of the right words.


M div-spawn tiefling swashbuckler 1 | HP: 11/19 | AC 17 / T 14 / FF 13 | CMB: +6, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +7, W: 0 | Init: +4 | darkvision 60ft; Perc: +4, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 3/3 | Fire Healing: 1/1 | Charmed Life: 3/3 | Active conditions: None

Putting his hand on the grumbling ranger's shoulder for a moment, Atar says "I guess I am not the only who thinks your research is very interesting, Cornelius. Our tracker here might not be the most eloquent of men, but I can see he's mighty impressed! Not an easy feat when it comes to this one."


Well this happened years ago, eons before dwarves had even reached the surface the majority of Jeep is probably gone I’m hoping the what is left is underneath a keep. Though Fey are involved everywhere in the river kingdoms, I doubt we will see much of them there, my research hasn’t uncovered any mention of fey.”


Human Ranger 2 | HP 11/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +6 CMD 18 | Init +4 Perc +7 | Effects: None | Longbow +7 1d8 Flambard +4 1d10+3 | 15/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows 20/20 Blunt

Bob nods thankfully to Atar, then speaks on his own. "C'est vrai, your research sounds solid. I am sorry to say that your presentation back in the pub made me suspicious.

The sum offered seems... excessive. I would not want to think that I was stealing from your family, eh?"


“Oh no, it is all right. I may have been a little excited about the prospect. This is my life’s work. And no need to worry about the money, I have no need for it.” he says as he looks away starting to quiet down for the first time since you started towards the cottage.


Human Ranger 2 | HP 11/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +6 CMD 18 | Init +4 Perc +7 | Effects: None | Longbow +7 1d8 Flambard +4 1d10+3 | 15/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows 20/20 Blunt

Sensing that he may have put a foot wrong, Bob grunts as he looks away. Fool! Let Atar do the talking!

Reaching up to stroke Vanguard's neck, he quietly adds. "It isn't right when we outlive our families."

I am ready to move on to the cottage, or whatever.


N/A Leshy Driud (Leshy Warden) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 18 t 13 f 15 | F +5 R +2 W +7 | Init. +2 | Darkvision 60' | Perception +9 | CMB +1 | CMD 13 | Spells: 1st 4/4

I have need of it! I don't think that I am supposed to say that though.


As the night drones on the ride becomes quieter as you travel, the crickets chirping loud. You eventually come upon a good sized cottage. Cornelius knocks on the door and a servant comes to the door sleepy-eyed and confused. Cornelius smiles to you and bids you goodnight till the morning. The servant leads you too the extra rooms and you all spend the night with your own room.

The next morning a servant comes to each of your doors waking you, telling you food will be served downstairs along with Cornelius waiting to talk with you all. Once you all make your way down and eat Cornelius greets you and begins explaining [b] “So now that we have readied ourselves for the day we can plan this expedition. I have chartered a barge to take myself some provisions and it seems yourselves down the Thorn River, into the blood marches and then up the Little Sellen River. Thornkeep will be up the River about a days travel.” He looks up from a map he has to look to the rest of you, before continuing.


M div-spawn tiefling swashbuckler 1 | HP: 11/19 | AC 17 / T 14 / FF 13 | CMB: +6, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +7, W: 0 | Init: +4 | darkvision 60ft; Perc: +4, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 3/3 | Fire Healing: 1/1 | Charmed Life: 3/3 | Active conditions: None

Atar nibbles on a peach as he looks over Cornelius's map. He speaks clumsily, his mouth full of fruit: "That sounds good to me. What do you think, Bob?" And then, after swallowing: "So you will be coming with us, Cornelius? I'm not sure I like the idea of you in Thornkeep, if it's as dangerous as you make it sound."


Human Ranger 2 | HP 11/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +6 CMD 18 | Init +4 Perc +7 | Effects: None | Longbow +7 1d8 Flambard +4 1d10+3 | 15/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows 20/20 Blunt

In the morning, Bob takes special care to clean himself up. He brushes his hair and ties it back, cleans his clothes as much as possible and spends extra time with the wash basin making sure his face and hands are clean.

Leaving his weapons and equipment in his room, he makes his way to the dining room and enjoys breakfast, engaging Cornelius and the others in small talk. Oddly, Bob seems more comfortable, and less paranoid, in this situation than he did in the pub last night.

As Cornelius start talking about plans for the trip, Bob waves for the servants to take away his dishes and joins Cornelius in looking at the map.

In response to Atar, he adds his opinion, "The bandits are the problem. If this Thornkeep is as overrun as feared, they'll have eyes on every possible path in.

The river is the most obvious path. They could have snares, blockages, or any other kind of trap set up to waylay us and can easily be set up to surround us from both sides of the river.

While travelling by river is the fastest, and easiest way to transport the supplies, I fear that it will also be the most dangerous.

Then again, if we want to make a cover story of why we are going to Thornkeep, the river might play in to that story. If we are prepared to pay a toll, perhaps the bandits will allow us in.

Travelling through the forest might get us past the sentries. Then again, it might not. Again, they are likely watching all entry points. With a group this large, we aren't going to move invisibly, and most of us don't have horses."


“Oh no worries I have plan on staying in a an inn for the majority of the expedition.” he smiles at you. “I’m not nearly as frail as I look I can handle any common thugs while I await your return.”


N/A Leshy Driud (Leshy Warden) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 18 t 13 f 15 | F +5 R +2 W +7 | Init. +2 | Darkvision 60' | Perception +9 | CMB +1 | CMD 13 | Spells: 1st 4/4

Bightberry and Redleaf emerge from their room and make their way to the dining room. Oddly, they do not eat what is set out on the table. Brightberry listens intently to the conversation concerning the maps, but does not add his own voice to the discussion. In his head, however at least Redleaf and I can disappear if we need to.

Redleaf, meanwhile, walks over to an eastern window and holds perfectly still.


M div-spawn tiefling swashbuckler 1 | HP: 11/19 | AC 17 / T 14 / FF 13 | CMB: +6, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +7, W: 0 | Init: +4 | darkvision 60ft; Perc: +4, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 3/3 | Fire Healing: 1/1 | Charmed Life: 3/3 | Active conditions: None

"I bet you are, Cornelius! It's always the quietest ones, right?"

After listening to Bob's opinion, Atar scratches his beard. "Cover story? Hmmm…we…" he looks at those gathered around the table… "are accompanying the…sage Redleaf who is searching for…varieties of soil…that can lead to a better spiritual life? It's a bit far fetched, but then again look at us."

The tiefling notices that Brightberry is not eating and alternates looks between the leshy and the table, increasingly confused in his search for something that seems suitable for what he thinks a plant-like person might appreciate.


Human Ranger 2 | HP 11/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +6 CMD 18 | Init +4 Perc +7 | Effects: None | Longbow +7 1d8 Flambard +4 1d10+3 | 15/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows 20/20 Blunt

Bob shrugs. "I don't know if a cover story is actually needed. It was simply a suggestion.

Maybe this group of bandits is warm and inviting and ask no questions about why a pack of treasure hunting adventurers is coming to their city, eh?"


F Undine [ HP: 20/20 | AC: 17 (TAC: 15, FFAC: 12) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | Fort: +5, Ref: +6, Will: +1 | Init: +3 | Perception +6 ] Water Dancer UnMonk 2 [ Speed 30 ft | Hydrated Vitality: 1/1 | Nereid Fascination: 1/1 | Burn: 0/5 | Waveblade +5/1d6; Unarmed Strike +5/1d6; Water Blast +5/1d6+1+2 | Active conditions: none ]

Immana has listened quietly to this point while eating, but decides to speak up for a bit. "Well, if all else fails, we could always fight our way in. We look well-enough equipped to deal with some bandits."


Cornelius waits for all of you to talk listening intently to you all. “Though the town is full of cutthroats and thieves I think getting in will be easier than we think. A lot of people are fleeing Atropas who don’t want to die by the headsman. I have heard the Lord Mayor keeps the peace relatively calm though it is a very wild town from what I’ve heard. It’s quite large and if we go in swords out and swinging we may end up quite dead.”


Human Ranger 2 | HP 11/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +6 CMD 18 | Init +4 Perc +7 | Effects: None | Longbow +7 1d8 Flambard +4 1d10+3 | 15/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows 20/20 Blunt

Bob nods. "Very wise, my lord. After all, not everyone in the city can possibly be a bandit, eh?

Does this work for you, gentlefolk? Refugees who heard there might be work in Thornkeep for those who are good in a fight?

Immana's idea to make ourselves seem a bit bloodthirsty should eventually give us some contacts with one bandit group or another. Contacts that we might be able to utilize to get out of the city after exploring these ruins."

I don't like this hiding in the open idea, but attempting to sneak in isn't going to work with such a large crew.


Male HP:12/15 AC:15 T:13 FF:13 F:+2 R:+5 W:+3 Perc:+6 Init:+3 Bastard Sword +5 1d10+3 CMB:+4 CMD:+14 Human Magus (Blade Bound) 1 Swashbuckler 1

Lord Cornelius, with all due respect. What is it you want from these ruins. It seems to me you have proven that they exist...so what is that you want from them?


“Simple people for simple work, sounds like a good cover. And the goal is find some relics in their that would prove my theories about Azlanti history correct. I believe that the Azlanti were not the only great society of the era, and they were fighting some other great empire. There might be evidence there to prove it.”


M div-spawn tiefling swashbuckler 1 | HP: 11/19 | AC 17 / T 14 / FF 13 | CMB: +6, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +7, W: 0 | Init: +4 | darkvision 60ft; Perc: +4, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 3/3 | Fire Healing: 1/1 | Charmed Life: 3/3 | Active conditions: None

"Ok, I was sort of liking the idea of sage Redleaf, but sellswords looking for easy money does sound easier to believe. So, things are settled, I think?" Atar begins counting the steps on his hand: "we travel to Thornkeep; make some friends; leave our lovely employer at the inn; enter the ruins; steal grab everything of historic value that isn't bolted down; return to the city; find a way of discreetly leaving the city; and come back. Do we have everything we need? I am ready to leave when you are."

He grabs another peach and casually walks to Brightberry. He whispers to the leshy: "buddy, do you need us to make any special arrangements for you? Like special rations, or anything else? Sorry, I'm no druid and a bit dumb, so I don't know much about your kind, but us weirdos need to watch each other's backs. Just tell me if you need anything, ok?"


Human Ranger 2 | HP 11/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +6 CMD 18 | Init +4 Perc +7 | Effects: None | Longbow +7 1d8 Flambard +4 1d10+3 | 15/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows 20/20 Blunt

Pushing back his chair, Bob stands up. "My lord, thank you for your hospitality. I think the plan is as sound as plans get. With your leave, I will go exercise Vanguard if he is going to be cooped up on a barge for an extended trip, it would be best to settle him down."

Nodding to the companions, Bob goes to gather his equipment and tend to his horse.


N/A Leshy Driud (Leshy Warden) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 18 t 13 f 15 | F +5 R +2 W +7 | Init. +2 | Darkvision 60' | Perception +9 | CMB +1 | CMD 13 | Spells: 1st 4/4

Brightberry looks up at Atar as he shows an interest in his well being.

"Thank you Atar. You might now more about me than you think. I am in all respects, just a plant. I eat and drink much like any other plant. I get what I need from the sun and soil. If I'm in a pinch I can also eat these berries I make." At this, Brightberry gestures to the handful of berries about his person. "You guys can too. These are packed full of good stuff. One of these berries is worth about three meals of what you just ate. I am fine. Thank you. Also, on the trip, I think it might be best if Redleaf and I become nothing more than regular plants. We might look even more odd than a gilled lady or horned man...maybe."


Very well we leave tomorrow at dawn then! he grabs his lap and rolls it up. He walks off to begin packing and you are left to yourselves for the rest of the day as he begins to plan and coordinate this excursion.

The day goes by uneventful as you see Cornelius begin to rush about collecting this and that for the trip. As the dawn comes you find Cornelius with a backpack waiting for you all. The man is beaming and excited sitting atop a horse, he has procured horses for all of you that need one. “We shall ride to the port and then we can ride the rest of the way on a barge. It should make for a quiet trip.

As you make your way to the port after riding most of the day you see the barge he has procured. It is a trading vessel with boxes all over the it, with little thought for comfort. Under the setting sun you set off on the start of your adventure. The barge gliding out under a slight breeze.

if you wish to converse while you travel to the port and at the port feel free to.


N/A Leshy Driud (Leshy Warden) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 18 t 13 f 15 | F +5 R +2 W +7 | Init. +2 | Darkvision 60' | Perception +9 | CMB +1 | CMD 13 | Spells: 1st 4/4

While on the barge, Brightberry and Redleaf root themselves into a box and seem to be enjoying the sun and breeze. At one point during the slow trip on the river, as Trakas passes by, Bightberry rustles atop the box and says, "Cornelius did say that we get to keep all of the coin and magic items we found didn't he? He just wants...artifacts. What are artifacts?"


Human Ranger 2 | HP 11/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +6 CMD 18 | Init +4 Perc +7 | Effects: None | Longbow +7 1d8 Flambard +4 1d10+3 | 15/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows 20/20 Blunt

Bob returns to scouting mode as they depart for the boat and during the ride downriver.

Saying little to anyone, he spends his time either scanning the shore for signs of pursuit, scanning ahead for signs of traps, or doing what he can to make the horses more comfortable.


M div-spawn tiefling swashbuckler 1 | HP: 11/19 | AC 17 / T 14 / FF 13 | CMB: +6, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +7, W: 0 | Init: +4 | darkvision 60ft; Perc: +4, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 3/3 | Fire Healing: 1/1 | Charmed Life: 3/3 | Active conditions: None

Atar leaves old Bob alone, though he does pop in every now and then to offer the ranger some company and stroke Vanguard's neck for a bit.

Seeing Immana alone, he sits by her side. "So, what's your story? You don't look like the type of person that would be in that city unless you really needed to. Not with all those normies staring at you like you were some sort of freak, at least."


Male HP:12/15 AC:15 T:13 FF:13 F:+2 R:+5 W:+3 Perc:+6 Init:+3 Bastard Sword +5 1d10+3 CMB:+4 CMD:+14 Human Magus (Blade Bound) 1 Swashbuckler 1

Looking down at the plant...
An artifact is an item of cultural or historical interest. What exactly that may be...depends on the individuals views.


N/A Leshy Driud (Leshy Warden) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 18 t 13 f 15 | F +5 R +2 W +7 | Init. +2 | Darkvision 60' | Perception +9 | CMB +1 | CMD 13 | Spells: 1st 4/4

Brightberry does not move for a few seconds, and then sways a bit to the right.

"Right. So, we get to keep everything of actual value. Just not sentimental stuff."

Brightberry then becomes still again for some time. Enough time for Trakas to think that the conversation was over, and then,

"So what will you do with your share?"


Male HP:12/15 AC:15 T:13 FF:13 F:+2 R:+5 W:+3 Perc:+6 Init:+3 Bastard Sword +5 1d10+3 CMB:+4 CMD:+14 Human Magus (Blade Bound) 1 Swashbuckler 1
Brightberry wrote:
"So what will you do with your share?"

Eat, drink, gamble...Cayden only knows what else.


F Undine [ HP: 20/20 | AC: 17 (TAC: 15, FFAC: 12) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | Fort: +5, Ref: +6, Will: +1 | Init: +3 | Perception +6 ] Water Dancer UnMonk 2 [ Speed 30 ft | Hydrated Vitality: 1/1 | Nereid Fascination: 1/1 | Burn: 0/5 | Waveblade +5/1d6; Unarmed Strike +5/1d6; Water Blast +5/1d6+1+2 | Active conditions: none ]

While the group rest up at Cornelius's place and then begin their travels, Immana mostly keeps to herself, resting and meditating in silence. Atar's question, however, jolts her back to reality. "...normees?... Well, I trained at a monastery of sorts in the forest, learning to fight and control water." She raises a hand, pulling water into a small puddle in her palm (basic hydrokinesis/create water, if you're wondering), then lets it flow out while continuing: "The leaders sent me out to help the kingdom, and they pointed me to the tavern. And, well, here I am." In a lower voice so that only Atar can hear, she asks: "Does your friend there have some sort of grudge against fey? I'm just an undine, but our teachers in the forest were fey. I'd appreciate if you didn't tell him, of course." She flashes a small grin at the end.


M div-spawn tiefling swashbuckler 1 | HP: 11/19 | AC 17 / T 14 / FF 13 | CMB: +6, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +7, W: 0 | Init: +4 | darkvision 60ft; Perc: +4, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 3/3 | Fire Healing: 1/1 | Charmed Life: 3/3 | Active conditions: None

Atar laughs and shakes his head. "Yeah, normies! All these people who look at those like us and are scared, or aggressive, or grossed out."

He comes a bit closer and whispers back: "I actually don't know! The old man is usually grumpy but well-meaning; never saw him that angry before (and, believe me, I've given him reason to be angry at things lately)." Atar scratches his beard for a moment. "Perhaps he was tricked by the fey in the past? Their pranks can be brutal sometimes, you know. And, don't worry, I won't tell him. But since you probably know the fey really well, you need to help me protect the old man in case one of them wants to harm him."

Being very protective of Bob, Atar does try to get some inkling of how sincere Immana's answer is.

Sense motive: 1d20 ⇒ 16


N/A Leshy Driud (Leshy Warden) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 18 t 13 f 15 | F +5 R +2 W +7 | Init. +2 | Darkvision 60' | Perception +9 | CMB +1 | CMD 13 | Spells: 1st 4/4
Trakas wrote:
Eat, drink, gamble...Cayden only knows what else.

Brightberry waits to see if Trakas is making a jest or not. When it it appears that he is not, Brightberry replies with a very insightful, "Hmmph." as he continues to bask in the sun, apparently no longer cognizant of his surroundings.

Does he not eat and drink every other day? Why does he need more gold for somethings he already does? Gambling. I don't get it.


F Undine [ HP: 20/20 | AC: 17 (TAC: 15, FFAC: 12) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | Fort: +5, Ref: +6, Will: +1 | Init: +3 | Perception +6 ] Water Dancer UnMonk 2 [ Speed 30 ft | Hydrated Vitality: 1/1 | Nereid Fascination: 1/1 | Burn: 0/5 | Waveblade +5/1d6; Unarmed Strike +5/1d6; Water Blast +5/1d6+1+2 | Active conditions: none ]

Immana nods with a knowing look. "Ah, yes. Probably. Cornelius said there aren't any fey where we're going, thankfully. But I'll keep an eye out anyways. So...that's me. What's your story, then?"

nothing insincere here.


M div-spawn tiefling swashbuckler 1 | HP: 11/19 | AC 17 / T 14 / FF 13 | CMB: +6, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +7, W: 0 | Init: +4 | darkvision 60ft; Perc: +4, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 3/3 | Fire Healing: 1/1 | Charmed Life: 3/3 | Active conditions: None

Atar is convinced of Immana's sincerity and starts laughing. "Oh, girl, not sure how much you want to know! I was born in a tribe of Qadiran nomads who were not too keen on having me around…you know how people can be around tieflings. Loved them to bits, even so. But when I tried to get a hostile tribe off our backs I…may have violated around 5 holy and/or unspoken laws in such a crass manner that I angered pretty much every clan that knew us. Which meant that if I wasn't banished there would have been tribal war." He waves his hand over his shoulder. "Ever since then I've been travelling around, trying to do some good. Like helping young ladies escaping overbearing fathers and into the arms of love, giving money to the poor, saving beings of any kind who are in need help, etc."


The majority of the ride is relatively peaceful except for a single night when you feel the uncanny feeling that you are being watched. But after 2 days of sailing you make your way to your destination. As you pull into what seems a port you see a ramshackle town. Most buildings are rather run down, though others seem to be newer, and others seem older and quite well crafted. As you walk from the lake that you left you see quite a few odd things tenets on one side of the town a briar on the other goblins walking about eyeing your little group. You walk south a little bit to a relatively normal square of the town and Cornelius turns to your group

“We have arrived this is the Greenforest Inn” he says as he motions to a old looking building “We will be staying here for our time. I will go acquire us several rooms.” He says as he leads you I. And he begins to talk to balding middle aged man with a large mustache. You all are in a relatively clean and empty common room. You see a couple people that seem to work at the tavern.


N/A Leshy Driud (Leshy Warden) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 18 t 13 f 15 | F +5 R +2 W +7 | Init. +2 | Darkvision 60' | Perception +9 | CMB +1 | CMD 13 | Spells: 1st 4/4

"So...goblins live here? With humans? This is different than I expected. I don't think anyone is going to think that we are strange other than being new. Just more ruffians." Brightberry says to the group as they walk through the 'streets'.

Brightberry takes note of any official businesses as they walk through town. He will take special note of any lumber yards.

After being shown to their rooms, Brightberry and Redleaf look at each other within the huge (to them) empty room. "What do we do with all this?" asks Redleaf.

"Don't know. Maybe we should go to the common room and make friends?" Replies Brightberry. The two plant people stand stock still for several seconds before both of them do an about face and leave the room, after Brightberry puts down his empty backpack and Redleaf puts down his spear and shield.


Human Ranger 2 | HP 11/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +6 CMD 18 | Init +4 Perc +7 | Effects: None | Longbow +7 1d8 Flambard +4 1d10+3 | 15/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows 20/20 Blunt

Watching the goblins warily, Bob agrees with Brightberry. "Goblins walking the streets of a town is never a good sign. Even bandits should be keeping a better eye on them."

Bob goes to check out the stables to make sure they appear to be safe and that the horses will be cared for properly.


M div-spawn tiefling swashbuckler 1 | HP: 11/19 | AC 17 / T 14 / FF 13 | CMB: +6, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +7, W: 0 | Init: +4 | darkvision 60ft; Perc: +4, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 3/3 | Fire Healing: 1/1 | Charmed Life: 3/3 | Active conditions: None

Atar waves at the goblins who are looking at the group and shrugs at his companions. "Well, who knows, guys. These might be very well integrated goblins just going about their business, integrating with civilised society and etc. Atropas is a new nation, a new chance of starting over!"

Once they reach the inn, he tries to charm the innkeeper with a few odd jokes.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

After they are settled, he will try to strike a conversation with the most interesting meaning the dodgiest people he can find in the tavern or outside, if the tavern is empty.

"How do you do, my best new friends?" Says the tiefling sitting down with them without waiting for an invitation.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

51 to 100 of 534 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [b] The River Kingdom’s Shadow [ / b] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.