The River Kingdom's Shadow

Game Master Mythicman19

Click me for the Map!


101 to 150 of 538 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

F Undine [ HP: 20/20 | AC: 17 (TAC: 15, FFAC: 12) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | Fort: +5, Ref: +6, Will: +1 | Init: +3 | Perception +6 ] Water Dancer UnMonk 2 [ Speed 30 ft | Hydrated Vitality: 1/1 | Nereid Fascination: 1/1 | Burn: 0/5 | Waveblade +5/1d6; Unarmed Strike +5/1d6; Water Blast +5/1d6+1+2 | Active conditions: none ]

Immana nods along at Atar's tale as they walk, smiling and laughing with the tiefling even though he doesn't go into too much detail.

In the city, Immana isn't fazed by the goblins running around, being used to strange company. At the inn, Immana heads over to her room just to make sure there isn't anything wrong with it, then returns to the common room. She picks an empty table near a corner, as out of the way as possible, and begins to meditate while keeping an eye out for anyone coming in and out.


Male HP:12/15 AC:15 T:13 FF:13 F:+2 R:+5 W:+3 Perc:+6 Init:+3 Bastard Sword +5 1d10+3 CMB:+4 CMD:+14 Human Magus (Blade Bound) 1 Swashbuckler 1

Trakas keeps quiet as they enter the city. He lets his eyes roam from place to place...taking in all that he can.

Once at the tavern he keeps his hand on his coin purse, his eyes and ears open. He shakes his head slowly as the tiefling forces his presence on a group of locals.
This is going to be a long day.


@bob you see a stable on the way in town called “Serianna’s Livery Stable”. It’s a large stable that has room for many animals and includes several animals already in it. A extremely attractive woman walks forward and begins to pet your horse smiling at him.

The barkeep smiles at your jokes and introduces himself as Edders. You sit down at a table with the owner a man named Shankar Tulman. He smiles at you guys and asks “So what brings you all to our little town? Looking for work?” He looks to your friends with wide eyes asking for your names as you come to the table?


N/A Leshy Driud (Leshy Warden) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 18 t 13 f 15 | F +5 R +2 W +7 | Init. +2 | Darkvision 60' | Perception +9 | CMB +1 | CMD 13 | Spells: 1st 4/4

Brightberry looks up at Shankar and assumes his most welcoming foliage and replies, "Yes, work." After a brief pause,. he continues. "I am Brightberry and we have all come here looking for work."

Very proud of himself for following along with the ruse so well, he climbs up into a chair to gaze at the owner to see what else he has to say.


Human Ranger 2 | HP 11/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +6 CMD 18 | Init +4 Perc +7 | Effects: None | Longbow +7 1d8 Flambard +4 1d10+3 | 15/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows 20/20 Blunt

Bob nervously avoids looking at the woman by turning toward Vanguard, focusing on taking the saddlebags off.

Speaking from behind his hood, he asks. "Bonjour, would you be Serianna, then? My friends and I are new to town and looking for a place to stable our horses."


M div-spawn tiefling swashbuckler 1 | HP: 11/19 | AC 17 / T 14 / FF 13 | CMB: +6, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +7, W: 0 | Init: +4 | darkvision 60ft; Perc: +4, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 3/3 | Fire Healing: 1/1 | Charmed Life: 3/3 | Active conditions: None

"Shankar! I can already see we're going to be great friends. This will be one for the legends, I'll tell you. I am Atar and these are my associates. And, yes, as my ferocious friend here says, we are looking for work. What does your lovely town need?" Atar turns his chair and rests his arms on the backrest. "Because whatever it is, we can provide! Probably. I mean, if you need a f~$~ton of mangoes we can't help you, I'm afraid."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
N/A Leshy Driud (Leshy Warden) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 18 t 13 f 15 | F +5 R +2 W +7 | Init. +2 | Darkvision 60' | Perception +9 | CMB +1 | CMD 13 | Spells: 1st 4/4

At this, Brightberry perks up. "I can provide a f$**ton of goodberries, though!" he says with all seriousness as he gestures to one of a handful of red berries growing from his person.


F Undine [ HP: 20/20 | AC: 17 (TAC: 15, FFAC: 12) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | Fort: +5, Ref: +6, Will: +1 | Init: +3 | Perception +6 ] Water Dancer UnMonk 2 [ Speed 30 ft | Hydrated Vitality: 1/1 | Nereid Fascination: 1/1 | Burn: 0/5 | Waveblade +5/1d6; Unarmed Strike +5/1d6; Water Blast +5/1d6+1+2 | Active conditions: none ]

Immana looks over at the others but stays silent, not joining in unless she's invited.


@bob, Without looking up from your horse she says to you. “Yes, you can stable you’re horse here. It’ll be two 5 silver.” she looks up to you focusing intently on you “You must be new here, what’s your name?”

@everyone else, “You should ask around town. I’ve heard some people have gone missing in the woods around town, I’ve heard there’s also a couple people that have gone into the ruins in town and haven’t come back out.”

Cornelius walks over after having talked with the bartender for a bit. “I have procured rooms for all of you! Tomorrow I can take you to the entrance, the bartender pointed me in the right direction. Things are getting exciting!”


Male HP:12/15 AC:15 T:13 FF:13 F:+2 R:+5 W:+3 Perc:+6 Init:+3 Bastard Sword +5 1d10+3 CMB:+4 CMD:+14 Human Magus (Blade Bound) 1 Swashbuckler 1

Trakas listens to the Cornelius...
Thank you.

He then orders another drink and watches the room. His eyes roam to the Undine.
Alone in a place like this...she is either oblivious or capable of handling herself. We shall see which one, I hope it is not tonight. Do not want to overstep myself...


Human Ranger 2 | HP 11/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +6 CMD 18 | Init +4 Perc +7 | Effects: None | Longbow +7 1d8 Flambard +4 1d10+3 | 15/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows 20/20 Blunt
The Ancient GM wrote:
“You must be new here, what’s your name?”

Looking up, Bob keeps his eyes lowered, attempting not to meet the beautiful woman's gaze. "Call me Bob, and this is Vanguard. Yes, we are new in town, having just guided a small band of mercenaries looking for work."

Bob turns and gazes out the door. "What can you tell me about the town? I noticed goblins walking the streets. That is typically not a sign of a pleasant stay. Any advice you have on who not to get on the bad side of would be helpful."


M div-spawn tiefling swashbuckler 1 | HP: 11/19 | AC 17 / T 14 / FF 13 | CMB: +6, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +7, W: 0 | Init: +4 | darkvision 60ft; Perc: +4, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 3/3 | Fire Healing: 1/1 | Charmed Life: 3/3 | Active conditions: None

Atar raises one eyebrow. "Someone disappeared in the ruins? Really? Well, this sounds like an urgent matter! You know anything more? Or anyone who knows more? You see, we have a fine group of trackers here. Finding people is like… second nature to us." He says as he gestures towards Brightberry, Trakas and Immana.


F Undine [ HP: 20/20 | AC: 17 (TAC: 15, FFAC: 12) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | Fort: +5, Ref: +6, Will: +1 | Init: +3 | Perception +6 ] Water Dancer UnMonk 2 [ Speed 30 ft | Hydrated Vitality: 1/1 | Nereid Fascination: 1/1 | Burn: 0/5 | Waveblade +5/1d6; Unarmed Strike +5/1d6; Water Blast +5/1d6+1+2 | Active conditions: none ]

Immana reluctantly rejoins the group as Cornelius comes back. "Alright. We'll be ready." At least, I will be, she adds silently to herself.


@bob “Just what the town needs, more mercenaries. But the goblins aren’t to bad, they buy scraps and spend coin, most don’t mind. Just don’t leave your coin purse out. The person i’d make sure to stay on the baron’s good side, he has a lot of pull and power.”

@atar “I’d go see the Blue Basilisks Hall, they have a contract to find some noble’s son who came looking for adventure with some friends. They went into the ruins and came back with stories of relics and all sorts of wonders. They went back in a couple weeks ago and nobody has heard from them since, too bad. They spent a lot of coin on drinks.”


Human Ranger 2 | HP 11/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +6 CMD 18 | Init +4 Perc +7 | Effects: None | Longbow +7 1d8 Flambard +4 1d10+3 | 15/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows 20/20 Blunt

Serianna's frankness causes Bob to smile. "You would certainly know better that me, but goblins always give me pause."

Taking two gold from his purse and handing it over, he adds, "Here is enough for a few days. I'll bring more once I know how long we will be in town."

Slinging the saddlebags over his shoulder, he nods and pulls on the edge of his cloak as if her were tipping a hat. "Bon soir, Madame" Turning, he calmly walks toward the inn to catch up with the rest of the party.


N/A Leshy Driud (Leshy Warden) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 18 t 13 f 15 | F +5 R +2 W +7 | Init. +2 | Darkvision 60' | Perception +9 | CMB +1 | CMD 13 | Spells: 1st 4/4

"Blue Basilisks Hall...I can't remember if basilisks are friendly or not, but I don't think so." Brightberry says more to himself than anyone else. Then to the man speaking to Atar, he says, "Can anyone take this contract and can this blue basilisk be trusted to do us right?"

Brightberry then looks around quizzically at the snickering.


M div-spawn tiefling swashbuckler 1 | HP: 11/19 | AC 17 / T 14 / FF 13 | CMB: +6, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +7, W: 0 | Init: +4 | darkvision 60ft; Perc: +4, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 3/3 | Fire Healing: 1/1 | Charmed Life: 3/3 | Active conditions: None

"Relics? They have made a lot of coin selling all those, I'll bet. Well, I'll bother you more, boys, it's been such a pleasure." Atar waits for the reply to Brightberry's question with a perfectly calm expression and gives no sign that the leshy's question was in any way weird or out of place. Once Shankar enlightens Brightberry, the tiefling stands up, looks about himself, sits down again. "Where…"he clears his throat…"where can we find this Blue Basilisk hall?"


Male HP:12/15 AC:15 T:13 FF:13 F:+2 R:+5 W:+3 Perc:+6 Init:+3 Bastard Sword +5 1d10+3 CMB:+4 CMD:+14 Human Magus (Blade Bound) 1 Swashbuckler 1

Trakas remains vigilant but he seems to relax a bit when the group appears to be ready to leave.


F Undine [ HP: 20/20 | AC: 17 (TAC: 15, FFAC: 12) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | Fort: +5, Ref: +6, Will: +1 | Init: +3 | Perception +6 ] Water Dancer UnMonk 2 [ Speed 30 ft | Hydrated Vitality: 1/1 | Nereid Fascination: 1/1 | Burn: 0/5 | Waveblade +5/1d6; Unarmed Strike +5/1d6; Water Blast +5/1d6+1+2 | Active conditions: none ]

Immana allows herself a little chuckle at Brightberry's question. "It's just the name. There isn't really a blue basilisk there. Probably."


N/A Leshy Driud (Leshy Warden) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 18 t 13 f 15 | F +5 R +2 W +7 | Init. +2 | Darkvision 60' | Perception +9 | CMB +1 | CMD 13 | Spells: 1st 4/4

Looking to Immana for a moment,listening before responding, Brightberry looks down at his his bright red berries growing about his person. "Oh. Yeah. I guess that would be silly for there to be a blue basilisk just because it is named blue basilisk."

No sense motive needed here. Brightberry is thoroughly confused and embarrassed.


Male HP:12/15 AC:15 T:13 FF:13 F:+2 R:+5 W:+3 Perc:+6 Init:+3 Bastard Sword +5 1d10+3 CMB:+4 CMD:+14 Human Magus (Blade Bound) 1 Swashbuckler 1

So we have a destination in mind...then we should get moving.


Human Ranger 2 | HP 11/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +6 CMD 18 | Init +4 Perc +7 | Effects: None | Longbow +7 1d8 Flambard +4 1d10+3 | 15/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows 20/20 Blunt

Bob isn't there yet, but I am confused. We already have an employer. Granted, this report sounds like it would have good information, since the group got lost in the ruins we are supposed to explore.

However, we should be careful about possibly signing on with two different groups to explore the same ruins.


M div-spawn tiefling swashbuckler 1 | HP: 11/19 | AC 17 / T 14 / FF 13 | CMB: +6, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +7, W: 0 | Init: +4 | darkvision 60ft; Perc: +4, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 3/3 | Fire Healing: 1/1 | Charmed Life: 3/3 | Active conditions: None

Atar's angle here is to take the contract to find the lost group as a front: as far as the city is concerned, we did not go inside to search for relics, only to find these people. That way we have an excuse to go in without raising any suspicions and, if we find them, it can be a good way to deflect attention from the loot.

Signing on with two groups sounds exactly like the type of terrible decision Atar would make…feel free to talk some sense into him if you think it's a rubbish idea, though


Male HP:12/15 AC:15 T:13 FF:13 F:+2 R:+5 W:+3 Perc:+6 Init:+3 Bastard Sword +5 1d10+3 CMB:+4 CMD:+14 Human Magus (Blade Bound) 1 Swashbuckler 1

As Long as the two contracts do not conflict with one another, Trakas has no problems with it.


Human Ranger 2 | HP 11/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +6 CMD 18 | Init +4 Perc +7 | Effects: None | Longbow +7 1d8 Flambard +4 1d10+3 | 15/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows 20/20 Blunt

That sounds fair.


N/A Leshy Driud (Leshy Warden) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 18 t 13 f 15 | F +5 R +2 W +7 | Init. +2 | Darkvision 60' | Perception +9 | CMB +1 | CMD 13 | Spells: 1st 4/4

This protects the interests of all parties involved, just so long as they don't make contact with one another


He cocks his head to the side a little confused by brightberry’s question. Then says “Well it’s the name of the mercenary band, the Blue Bassikisks. They aren’t to bad, about average as mercenary bands go, I guess. And it’s not to far just down the road can’t miss it, large blue wooden head above the door. he then bids goodbye to your group.

Cornelius after talking with you all seems to have called it a night and headed off to his room. As you all walk out you see Bob walking you’re way, seemingly intent to go into the inn.

sorry for the slow update, long week along with drill made things pretty busy.


Human Ranger 2 | HP 11/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +6 CMD 18 | Init +4 Perc +7 | Effects: None | Longbow +7 1d8 Flambard +4 1d10+3 | 15/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows 20/20 Blunt

Seeing the group coming out of the inn, Bob takes a quick look around to make sure there are no problems.

Seeing everything appears to be fine, he approaches. "Seems we want to stay on the good side of the baron, though that isn't particularly news. What did you find out?"


M div-spawn tiefling swashbuckler 1 | HP: 11/19 | AC 17 / T 14 / FF 13 | CMB: +6, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +7, W: 0 | Init: +4 | darkvision 60ft; Perc: +4, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 3/3 | Fire Healing: 1/1 | Charmed Life: 3/3 | Active conditions: None

"Well, some people have been exploring the ruins recently. First time they got a few relics out of there, then they got greedy and tried going in a second time and never came back. There's a contract to rescue them, we just need to go to the Blue Basilisk." Atar speaks in a hushed tone: "I was thinking we could pretend to be looking for these people inside so, you know, no one suspects what we're here for. What do you think?" He looks first at Bob and then at the others, waiting for a reply.


Human Ranger 2 | HP 11/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +6 CMD 18 | Init +4 Perc +7 | Effects: None | Longbow +7 1d8 Flambard +4 1d10+3 | 15/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows 20/20 Blunt

Bob shrugs. "Courting two mistresses never ends well, eh? As long as we don't promise to deliver artifacts to both parties, I'll go along."


F Undine [ HP: 20/20 | AC: 17 (TAC: 15, FFAC: 12) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | Fort: +5, Ref: +6, Will: +1 | Init: +3 | Perception +6 ] Water Dancer UnMonk 2 [ Speed 30 ft | Hydrated Vitality: 1/1 | Nereid Fascination: 1/1 | Burn: 0/5 | Waveblade +5/1d6; Unarmed Strike +5/1d6; Water Blast +5/1d6+1+2 | Active conditions: none ]

"Seems like a good idea, as long as it doesn't conflict with Cornelius's plans. Doesn't sound like it would, though." Immana shrugs.


N/A Leshy Driud (Leshy Warden) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 18 t 13 f 15 | F +5 R +2 W +7 | Init. +2 | Darkvision 60' | Perception +9 | CMB +1 | CMD 13 | Spells: 1st 4/4

"Off to the Blue Basilisk!"


As you walk throw the small town you see all sorts of people from those that would look commonplace holding you up to simple peasant folk. You come upon a log hall type building with the roof going to the ground and a large door under a carved basilisk head that is painted blue.


N/A Leshy Driud (Leshy Warden) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 18 t 13 f 15 | F +5 R +2 W +7 | Init. +2 | Darkvision 60' | Perception +9 | CMB +1 | CMD 13 | Spells: 1st 4/4

"Oh. I see. It's named for the carved and painted Basilisk. Or the Basilisk was made to fit the name. It's still weird." Brightberry quips as he follows the rest of the group, along with Redleaf, into the establishment


As you walk in you many people eating and drinking on long tables. Many seem to be of a weathered sort and rather rough. When you walk in they all seem to look on you for an awkward moment. A woman at a table that is at the end of the room calls out, “Welcome strangers to the Blue Basilisks Hall, home of the Blue Basilisks. What brings you to us?”


N/A Leshy Driud (Leshy Warden) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 18 t 13 f 15 | F +5 R +2 W +7 | Init. +2 | Darkvision 60' | Perception +9 | CMB +1 | CMD 13 | Spells: 1st 4/4

Brihtberry walks behind Atar and gives him a weak push on the backs of his legs. He then nods toward the woman and gives his wooden smile.


M div-spawn tiefling swashbuckler 1 | HP: 11/19 | AC 17 / T 14 / FF 13 | CMB: +6, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +7, W: 0 | Init: +4 | darkvision 60ft; Perc: +4, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 3/3 | Fire Healing: 1/1 | Charmed Life: 3/3 | Active conditions: None

Atar winks at Brightberry and gently rubs his knuckles on the leashy's foliage before strutting to the woman and ignoring any mean looks he gets along the way. "And hello to you, ma'am. I am Atar and these are my associates," he says pointing with his thumb to his companions. "We have heard that someone's put up a contract looking for some unfortunate fellows lost inside the ruins and, well, it just so happens that not only finding people is something of a specialty of ours, we are also in need of coin. Know anything about it?"


Human Ranger 2 | HP 11/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +6 CMD 18 | Init +4 Perc +7 | Effects: None | Longbow +7 1d8 Flambard +4 1d10+3 | 15/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows 20/20 Blunt

Peering out from behind his hood, Bob keeps an eye on the mercenaries as he leans against the wall by the door with his arms crossed.


The woman smiles at you, and says in a loud voice in a show of authority. “Yes we’ve heard of this contract. We had plans to accept it until the boy and his companions disappeared I tot he ruins below the city, he’s most likely dead. This makes the contract void, but if you wish to go search for his dead body in hopes of coin.... so be it.”


Male HP:12/15 AC:15 T:13 FF:13 F:+2 R:+5 W:+3 Perc:+6 Init:+3 Bastard Sword +5 1d10+3 CMB:+4 CMD:+14 Human Magus (Blade Bound) 1 Swashbuckler 1

I knew this was a bad idea. This Atar is going to get us killed if he does not tone it down. Tread lightly...this is their card game and their table. Be respectful.

Trakis keeps his visage calm and his demeanor neutral.


N/A Leshy Driud (Leshy Warden) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 18 t 13 f 15 | F +5 R +2 W +7 | Init. +2 | Darkvision 60' | Perception +9 | CMB +1 | CMD 13 | Spells: 1st 4/4

"Oh. No contact? I...

These people are too confusing. They name things after other things and day things that make no sense. There is still could though.


Human Ranger 2 | HP 11/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +6 CMD 18 | Init +4 Perc +7 | Effects: None | Longbow +7 1d8 Flambard +4 1d10+3 | 15/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows 20/20 Blunt

Bob smiles and tips his hood back just enough to show his eyes. Ah! The bravado of the mercenary. The River Kingdoms at its best.

"May be he got himself stuck in a hole, eh? Either way, it is a good way for newcomers to show that they are capable."

Nodding to her and the rest of the mercenaries, he continues, "Good to know we aren't stepping on your toes, Captain. Perhaps we can return to swap stories after we drag him out, eh?"


“Maybe he is just stuck. But I’ve heard that there was more than relics in the ruins. If you find him you can have the money. Me and my cohorts have other concerns at the moment.”


N/A Leshy Driud (Leshy Warden) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 18 t 13 f 15 | F +5 R +2 W +7 | Init. +2 | Darkvision 60' | Perception +9 | CMB +1 | CMD 13 | Spells: 1st 4/4

Brightberry perks up at 'other concerns', and asks, "Something else happening in town? Politics? Monsters? A curse?"

Redleaf shudders at 'curse'


M div-spawn tiefling swashbuckler 1 | HP: 11/19 | AC 17 / T 14 / FF 13 | CMB: +6, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +7, W: 0 | Init: +4 | darkvision 60ft; Perc: +4, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 3/3 | Fire Healing: 1/1 | Charmed Life: 3/3 | Active conditions: None

"Well, that's just perfect, then," Atar says and claps his hands. "As my partner here said, we wanted to make sure we weren't invading your lane or anything like that. Who put out the original request? You can imagine we have a few questions about this boy we will try to find, but we don't really want to take much more of your time."


Human Ranger 2 | HP 11/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +6 CMD 18 | Init +4 Perc +7 | Effects: None | Longbow +7 1d8 Flambard +4 1d10+3 | 15/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows 20/20 Blunt

Bob steps forward and lays a hand on Brightberry's shoulder. "There is a time and a place for questions, my friend. This is not the time."


She looks at brightberry with a look of contempt and annoyance. “Are concerns and other plans include the town and out into the rest of the River Kingdoms.” she turns and looks at Atar now with a look that shows just how much patience she has been using. “The contract is with a noble outside the River Kingdoms in Brevoy. We’d be more than happy to give you the contract itself, so you may look at it. Somewhere else.”


N/A Leshy Driud (Leshy Warden) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 18 t 13 f 15 | F +5 R +2 W +7 | Init. +2 | Darkvision 60' | Perception +9 | CMB +1 | CMD 13 | Spells: 1st 4/4

"Oh, shall we go for a walk then? Perhaps a drink?" Brightberry suggests, proud of how quickly he's picking up on the nuances of humanoid behaviors and desires.


Human Ranger 2 | HP 11/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +6 CMD 18 | Init +4 Perc +7 | Effects: None | Longbow +7 1d8 Flambard +4 1d10+3 | 15/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows 20/20 Blunt

"Yes, Brightberry. We shall go for a walk leaving the Captain and her fellows to get back to the important work they were doing before we arrive."

Steering Brightberry toward the door, Bob nods to the Captain and steps outside. As he does so, he says as an aside to Atar. "Get that document and let's be on our way... Quickly, I think."


M div-spawn tiefling swashbuckler 1 | HP: 11/19 | AC 17 / T 14 / FF 13 | CMB: +6, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +7, W: 0 | Init: +4 | darkvision 60ft; Perc: +4, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 3/3 | Fire Healing: 1/1 | Charmed Life: 3/3 | Active conditions: None

The tiefling bows and extends his hand. "That would be real nice of you, ma'am…?" Whether or not she gives her name, he leaves immediately after getting the contract. "Much obliged! Have a nice one and when we're back from the ruins you have to let me buy you and your friends a round." He says, trying to make a (likely ill-fated) attempt at sweetening the woman's mood. "Later!"

Atar closes the door behind him and says to his friends: "Ah, that went well, right?! They didn't even try to kill us! I mean, they wanted, but they didn't try."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

101 to 150 of 538 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [b] The River Kingdom’s Shadow [ / b] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.