The River Kingdom's Shadow

Game Master Mythicman19

Click me for the Map!


301 to 350 of 462 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

The goblin looks at Atar captivated by his wordsas he leads her to the exit and at his command she bolts taking off. She doesn’t look back. You guys are now alone in the chamber, you’re now left to yourselves.


Human Ranger 1 | HP 2/11 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +5 CMD 17 | Init +4 Perc +6 | Effects: None | Longbow +6 1d8 Flambard +3 1d10+3 | 20/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows

Bob shrugs and tosses the small sized equipment down to the lower level. Tying an end of the rope to the railing/scaffolding Bob lowers himself down, not trusting the stairs.

"Right, then. Since that doorway just leads up to the other level, we have to go this way."

Readying his bow again, he moves to the other doorway and looks down the hallway.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


M div-spawn tiefling swashbuckler 1 | HP: 10/11 | AC 17 / T 14 / FF 13 | CMB: +5, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +6, W: 0 | Init: +4 | darkvision 60ft; Perc: +4, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 3/3 | Fire Healing: 0/1 | Active conditions: None

"Sounds like a plan! Same formation as before, right?"

Atar moves forward and scans the space for traps.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 Super safe!


Male HP:5/8 AC:15 T:13 FF:13 F:+2 R:+3 W:+3 Perc:+2 Init:+3 Bastard Sword +4 1d10+0 CMB:+3 CMD:+13 Human Magus (Blade Bound) 1

Readying his weapon, Trakas follows along


N/A Leshy Driud (Leshy Warden) 1 HP 10/10 | AC 18 t 13 f 15 | F +4 R +2 W +6 | Init. +2 | Darkvision 60' | Perception +8 | CMB +0 | CMD 12 | Spells: 1st 1/3

Trakas, you should have one more hit point back from a good Berry. Atar, what did you do with the two I gave you?

Brightberry Falls into place as he speaks up. "if we run into any more unfriendly goblins, or worse, I have no more healing for you today."


F Undine [ HP: 1/12 | AC: 16 (TAC: 14, FFAC: 12) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | Fort: +4, Ref: +5, Will: +1 | Init: +3 | Perception +5 ] Water Dancer UnMonk 1 [ Speed 30 ft | Hydrated Vitality: 1/1 | Nereid Fascination: 1/1 | Waveblade +4/1d6; Unarmed Strike +4/1d6; Water Blast +4/1d6+1+2 | Active conditions: none ]

Immana once again takes her place at the head of the group, looking around for danger.

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


Both Immana and bob you see and hear nothing as you listen at the stairs and look out the Illuminated path going on though you do both hear what appears to be the very very faint sound of water trickling.


Human Ranger 1 | HP 2/11 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +5 CMD 17 | Init +4 Perc +6 | Effects: None | Longbow +6 1d8 Flambard +3 1d10+3 | 20/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows

Bow out, Bob quietly and carefully heads down the stairs and peers around the corner.

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


You quietly move down and still just the corridor. You hear the trickle of water still.


Human Ranger 1 | HP 2/11 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +5 CMD 17 | Init +4 Perc +6 | Effects: None | Longbow +6 1d8 Flambard +3 1d10+3 | 20/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows

Cupping his hands around his mouth, Bob turns his head toward the stairs and hoots like an owl, a sign that Atar knows means All Clear.

Quietly, he proceeds to the next corner before carefully glancing to see if he can spot the source of the tricking water.

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


M div-spawn tiefling swashbuckler 1 | HP: 10/11 | AC 17 / T 14 / FF 13 | CMB: +5, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +6, W: 0 | Init: +4 | darkvision 60ft; Perc: +4, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 3/3 | Fire Healing: 0/1 | Active conditions: None

Atar does a hand signal to the others to follow him in silence once he hears Bob's signal. He goes down the stairs, rapier in hand, trying to be as stealthy as possible and keeping his eyes open for anything out of the ordinary.

Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Though he moves silently, he finds himself absent-mindedly fascinated by how realistic Bob's hoots are. 'I should really ask him to teach me how to do that one day.'

@Brightberry, I assumed Trakas had taken the berries since I used fire healing.


You all move more or less silently down the hallway. You guys see an empty room and then another hallway extend past if. The water is slightly louder now though is still distant.


Human Ranger 1 | HP 2/11 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +5 CMD 17 | Init +4 Perc +6 | Effects: None | Longbow +6 1d8 Flambard +3 1d10+3 | 20/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows

Waiting long enough to make sure the rest of the group is following, Bob proceeds through the open room to the passage on the other side.

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


As you take a step forward silently you notice a trap in the middle of the room and stop. You move around the room realizing it is a circular trap. You get to the edge and see several creatures ahead....
more to come later


M div-spawn tiefling swashbuckler 1 | HP: 10/11 | AC 17 / T 14 / FF 13 | CMB: +5, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +6, W: 0 | Init: +4 | darkvision 60ft; Perc: +4, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 3/3 | Fire Healing: 0/1 | Active conditions: None

Once Bob signals the trap, Atar nods. He whispers to Immana and the others: "Bob found something dangerous, I will take a look. You guys stay behind and wish me luck." He enters the room only as much as necessary to examine the mechanism and then tries to find ways of breaking it. assuming the trap is marked by the dashed line on the map.

Disable Device (disarm trap): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23


Atar as you deftly unhinge the flagstones and they let loose falling away to the sides revealing a 20 feet deep pit. The pit co Raines a skeleton at the bottom that seems ancient with rusted plate mail and a cracked and dried out leather backpack.

Bob as look around the corner you see a pool of luminous blue water in the center of this grand chamber. A spectacular fountain pours into the pool from the images of a winged beast perhaps a sphinx, low on the north wall. From there, a pair of steep stone stairs ascend in switchbacks to the north, flanked by ornamental pillars and terminating at a stone doorway. 4 skeletons stand guard on the steps 2 up top and 2 on the Middle section each carries an ancient bow with a quiver of arrows around their torso. They stand unmoving eerily waiting for something.


Human Ranger 1 | HP 2/11 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +5 CMD 17 | Init +4 Perc +6 | Effects: None | Longbow +6 1d8 Flambard +3 1d10+3 | 20/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows

"Skeletons. We're likely safe from them until we get close.

I don't mind checking out that guy's backpack, if someone can brace a rope for me."

Does Bob know anything about skeletons?
Knowledge(Religion) - untrained: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19


Bob after looking at them and thinking, you’re a practical guy with no flesh to hit. It makes it hard to damage them besides just smashing them to bits. Other than that you don’t know to much.


N/A Leshy Driud (Leshy Warden) 1 HP 10/10 | AC 18 t 13 f 15 | F +4 R +2 W +6 | Init. +2 | Darkvision 60' | Perception +8 | CMB +0 | CMD 12 | Spells: 1st 1/3

"I don't know about the unliving, but I can help look at the stuff in the hole. But not with the rope."

Detect magic on the pack and such.


M div-spawn tiefling swashbuckler 1 | HP: 10/11 | AC 17 / T 14 / FF 13 | CMB: +5, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +6, W: 0 | Init: +4 | darkvision 60ft; Perc: +4, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 3/3 | Fire Healing: 0/1 | Active conditions: None

"Ta-da!" Atar looks back at the group like a proud infant. He scratches his cheek: "Should we try to…get that backpack? I don't trust that bony fella down there with that going on," he says and points in the direction where Bob saw the undead.


Human Ranger 1 | HP 2/11 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +5 CMD 17 | Init +4 Perc +6 | Effects: None | Longbow +6 1d8 Flambard +3 1d10+3 | 20/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows

Bob looks down skeptically at the skeleton in the pit. "That is a possibility. You did just drop the floor on him, though. I think he is probably dead-dead.

Rope, anyone? I can easily go back and grab one of the coils we left behind."


Brightberry you do detect magic, down in the hole. And with several people around the pit you see it is wearing armor unlike the guardians up ahead as well as not moving.


F Undine [ HP: 1/12 | AC: 16 (TAC: 14, FFAC: 12) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | Fort: +4, Ref: +5, Will: +1 | Init: +3 | Perception +5 ] Water Dancer UnMonk 1 [ Speed 30 ft | Hydrated Vitality: 1/1 | Nereid Fascination: 1/1 | Waveblade +4/1d6; Unarmed Strike +4/1d6; Water Blast +4/1d6+1+2 | Active conditions: none ]

"Hold on..." Immana rummages in her pack a bit before pulling out a long silk rope. "Here." She looks around for a place to tie it down securely.


Human Ranger 1 | HP 2/11 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +5 CMD 17 | Init +4 Perc +6 | Effects: None | Longbow +6 1d8 Flambard +3 1d10+3 | 20/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows

Once the rope is either tied, or a couple of people brace it, Bob will climb down and check the remaining possessions for anything of value.

My Climb is +6, so I should auto the Climb check
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


M div-spawn tiefling swashbuckler 1 | HP: 10/11 | AC 17 / T 14 / FF 13 | CMB: +5, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +6, W: 0 | Init: +4 | darkvision 60ft; Perc: +4, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 3/3 | Fire Healing: 0/1 | Active conditions: None

Atar taps Redleaf on the shoulder. "We can help bracing the rope if you can't find a safe spot, Immana."


Bob you find in the long forgotten backpack 90 silver and 100 gold as well as a tube of paper rolled up, it has strange symbols on it as well.


Human Ranger 1 | HP 2/11 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +5 CMD 17 | Init +4 Perc +6 | Effects: None | Longbow +6 1d8 Flambard +3 1d10+3 | 20/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows

BTW: I misspoke. Climb is +4. Still should auto the climb check...

Scrambling back up the rope, Bob shakes the bag of coins. "Whoever it was, they had a fat purse and this paper. A scroll, perhaps? No, you said there was no magic...

Anyone recognize these symbols?"


N/A Leshy Driud (Leshy Warden) 1 HP 10/10 | AC 18 t 13 f 15 | F +4 R +2 W +6 | Init. +2 | Darkvision 60' | Perception +8 | CMB +0 | CMD 12 | Spells: 1st 1/3

When the gm reported that I do detect magic, I think that he meant that I did in fact see some magic down there instead of simply stating that I cast detect magic.

Looking at the bag of coins, Btightberry thinks about the progress he could make in creating more plant creatures.

That would buy quite a few reagents needed to make more guardians.

Breaking himself out of his reverie, he looks back to the tube. "That is magical Bob. Maybe me or Trakas could look at it. And coins. If those skeletons are not coming to get us, we could split it up." Thinking about how heavy those coins are going to feel to him, Brightberry reconsiders. "Or, if you want to just carry all the loot we find, we could split it up when we get back to town." He says with a hopeful smile.


I meant that you detected magic in the pit. My bad for any confusion.


Human Ranger 1 | HP 2/11 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +5 CMD 17 | Init +4 Perc +6 | Effects: None | Longbow +6 1d8 Flambard +3 1d10+3 | 20/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows

My poor reading comprehension, not your fault GM

"We may as well split it up when we get back to the inn."

Handing the scroll to Brightberry, he takes up a position keeping an eye on the skeletons until everyone is ready to move.

He draws the sword from his back as he does so. "Arrows aren't going to be much use against these things. The sword only slightly more. If you've got weapons to bash them apart, they'll probably be more useful."


Male HP:5/8 AC:15 T:13 FF:13 F:+2 R:+3 W:+3 Perc:+2 Init:+3 Bastard Sword +4 1d10+0 CMB:+3 CMD:+13 Human Magus (Blade Bound) 1

Looking at the bag of coins, Trakas gives a nod towards them.
Perhaps these coins will lend a clue as to where our friend down there came from?

Looking at the scroll for a moment..
Let us see what we have here.
Linguistics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


it’s written in arcane symbols and notes. It reminds you of the your own spellbook and the spells in it.


Human Ranger 1 | HP 2/11 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +5 CMD 17 | Init +4 Perc +6 | Effects: None | Longbow +6 1d8 Flambard +3 1d10+3 | 20/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows

Fishing a few coins from the bag, Bob looks them over.

Are there any markings indicating where the coins are from?


History check for anyone that wants to make it.

History 15:

You know that these are not of any nation that is currently in existence.

History 20:

You recognize the imperial symbol of these being coins from pre-diabolical Cheliax, the coins are some 80 years old at least.

History 25:

This is a coin from king Haliad IV reign around 4400 AR. This makes it around 300 years old.


Human Ranger 1 | HP 2/11 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +5 CMD 17 | Init +4 Perc +6 | Effects: None | Longbow +6 1d8 Flambard +3 1d10+3 | 20/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows

"I don't know. They look like regular coins to me. Perhaps Cornelius will know more. For now, I suggest we deal with these skeletons.

They have bows, and this is a long room with no real cover. Maybe I should shoot one with an arrow to see if that will trigger them to come attack us?"


M div-spawn tiefling swashbuckler 1 | HP: 10/11 | AC 17 / T 14 / FF 13 | CMB: +5, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +6, W: 0 | Init: +4 | darkvision 60ft; Perc: +4, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 3/3 | Fire Healing: 0/1 | Active conditions: None

"Hey, gold is gold. It buys nice things and its probably been splattered with gallons of blood in its lifetime. Don't think too much about it, old man," says Atar.

He thinks for a second and then grins. "I think I should be able to rewire this trap…if we can bait them to come here they could go and keep their friend some company."

@GM: could Atar actually rewire the trap?


doing some finagling with rope he could try to reset the trap.


F Undine [ HP: 1/12 | AC: 16 (TAC: 14, FFAC: 12) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | Fort: +4, Ref: +5, Will: +1 | Init: +3 | Perception +5 ] Water Dancer UnMonk 1 [ Speed 30 ft | Hydrated Vitality: 1/1 | Nereid Fascination: 1/1 | Waveblade +4/1d6; Unarmed Strike +4/1d6; Water Blast +4/1d6+1+2 | Active conditions: none ]

Immana shrugs at the coins, then turns to look at the skeletons in the distance. "They've all got bows, that could be a little dangerous. But, I think we could manage it. Good thinking."

basically, ranged-attack then retreat once they start shooting and hope they stumble into the trap, then take out any that remain in the bottleneck...right? assuming of course that the trap can be reset


Human Ranger 1 | HP 2/11 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +5 CMD 17 | Init +4 Perc +6 | Effects: None | Longbow +6 1d8 Flambard +3 1d10+3 | 20/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows

Bluff to hide the fact that he recognizes the coins
Bluff: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7

As Bob was looking at the coins, anyone observing him could easily notice a widening of the eyes, and his response was entirely too fast.

Replying to Immana, he simply nods and motions everyone to ready themselves in the corridor.

Waiting until Atar makes his attempt to prepare the trap, he gets out his bow, takes careful aim at the closet skeleton, and looses an arrow.

Should be second range increment. Not sure if there is cover

Bow,Range: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 - 2 = 5
Damage?: 1d8 ⇒ 6

The arrow clunks off of the fountain. Cursing under his breath, he waits to see if there is a response from the skeletons.


N/A Leshy Driud (Leshy Warden) 1 HP 10/10 | AC 18 t 13 f 15 | F +4 R +2 W +6 | Init. +2 | Darkvision 60' | Perception +8 | CMB +0 | CMD 12 | Spells: 1st 1/3

"Hmm, if they had fleshy bits that bled, I could set a nice trap for them as well. Thorns don't hurt bones though."


M div-spawn tiefling swashbuckler 1 | HP: 10/11 | AC 17 / T 14 / FF 13 | CMB: +5, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +6, W: 0 | Init: +4 | darkvision 60ft; Perc: +4, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 3/3 | Fire Healing: 0/1 | Active conditions: None

Having decided the plan with his companions, Atar kneels down by the trap and starts trying to reset the trap, taking as much time as necessary to be sure it will trigger if the skeletons walk over it.

If possible, I'm taking 20 on this. Otherwise, be kind to me RNG…

Disable Device (reset trap): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17 meh


You are able to freest the traps. Easily pulling them up just as you finish you hear the distinct sound of Bob’s bow being loosed. The arrow goes flying hitting the fountain. The skeletons stand motionless in the room however.


Human Ranger 1 | HP 2/11 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +5 CMD 17 | Init +4 Perc +6 | Effects: None | Longbow +6 1d8 Flambard +3 1d10+3 | 20/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows

"...maybe a little closer."

Preparing to jump out of the way of any incoming arrows, Bob starts moving into the room.

Total Defense (+4 AC) and move


As you move into the room the skeletons heads all turn toward you and snarl.
Skeletons: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Bob: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Atar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Brightberry: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Trakas: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Immana: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

ORDER: Bob, Skeletons, everyone else.


Human Ranger 1 | HP 2/11 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +5 CMD 17 | Init +4 Perc +6 | Effects: None | Longbow +6 1d8 Flambard +3 1d10+3 | 20/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows

Maintaining his readiness to dodge, Bob rushes back toward the hallway.

"They are coming. Let's see if they follow or not."

Total Defense AC=22, Move


You hear the sounds of bones clacking as you round the corner.

Everyone else may go


N/A Leshy Driud (Leshy Warden) 1 HP 10/10 | AC 18 t 13 f 15 | F +4 R +2 W +6 | Init. +2 | Darkvision 60' | Perception +8 | CMB +0 | CMD 12 | Spells: 1st 1/3

"Oh, wait! I can do something."

Full move up and lay a snare trap (Tangle Guerilla trait) directly in front of me. Reflex DC 13.

Redleaf will ready an action to pop a seed at any skeleton rounding the corner.

touch: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 191d1 ⇒ 1 + deafen? fort DC 11


M div-spawn tiefling swashbuckler 1 | HP: 10/11 | AC 17 / T 14 / FF 13 | CMB: +5, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +6, W: 0 | Init: +4 | darkvision 60ft; Perc: +4, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 3/3 | Fire Healing: 0/1 | Active conditions: None

Sword in hand, Atar follows Bob's cue and also takes a defensive stance whilst waiting for the skeletons to come within view.

Also taking full defence action, AC 21


F Undine [ HP: 1/12 | AC: 16 (TAC: 14, FFAC: 12) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | Fort: +4, Ref: +5, Will: +1 | Init: +3 | Perception +5 ] Water Dancer UnMonk 1 [ Speed 30 ft | Hydrated Vitality: 1/1 | Nereid Fascination: 1/1 | Waveblade +4/1d6; Unarmed Strike +4/1d6; Water Blast +4/1d6+1+2 | Active conditions: none ]

Immana stays where she is, gathering a pool of water in her hand to blast at any skeleton that manages to make it into view. unlikely, since they're ~150 ft away, and I've only got 30 ft range anyways. I'll roll when they get closer.


Male HP:5/8 AC:15 T:13 FF:13 F:+2 R:+3 W:+3 Perc:+2 Init:+3 Bastard Sword +4 1d10+0 CMB:+3 CMD:+13 Human Magus (Blade Bound) 1

Trakas keeps his demeanor calm and focused as he moves himself into position.
...use the passage to our advantage. Keep them bottle up once the trap goes off. Should limit how many can get into the room.

301 to 350 of 462 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [b] The River Kingdom’s Shadow [ / b] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.