The River Kingdom's Shadow

Game Master Mythicman19

Click me for the Map!


451 to 500 of 534 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

F Undine [ HP: 20/20 | AC: 17 (TAC: 15, FFAC: 12) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | Fort: +5, Ref: +6, Will: +1 | Init: +3 | Perception +6 ] Water Dancer UnMonk 2 [ Speed 30 ft | Hydrated Vitality: 1/1 | Nereid Fascination: 1/1 | Burn: 0/5 | Waveblade +5/1d6; Unarmed Strike +5/1d6; Water Blast +5/1d6+1+2 | Active conditions: none ]

Now that she's out of immediate danger, Immana puts every ounce of her focus into ignoring the pain and firing off a jet of water at the lordling. Unfortunately, the wound on her arm complicates her aim, and it splashes harmlessly off the ceiling and showers over the combatants below.

attack (water blast): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


The lordling sneers as the other zombie smacks Atar and looks at the rest of you and
charges at Trakas going for the kill.

As he steps forward both Bob and Trakas swing on the undead one going high and one low.

Trakas readied attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 211d10 ⇒ 2
Bob reduced attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 191d10 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Trakas swings low and cuts into the creatures leg, yet it somehow continues on until bob with one swipe cuts from shoulder to midsection cleaving it in two. The Lordling stops for a second and the answer that was on his face disappears and a small smile shows before, the body falls apart. Undeath no more.

everyone is up, one left!


Male HP:12/15 AC:15 T:13 FF:13 F:+2 R:+5 W:+3 Perc:+6 Init:+3 Bastard Sword +5 1d10+3 CMB:+4 CMD:+14 Human Magus (Blade Bound) 1 Swashbuckler 1

Seeing the lordling fall brings a smile to the handsome man's face.
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
The smile disappears quickly as he swings over the head of the last enemy.


Human Ranger 2 | HP 11/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +6 CMD 18 | Init +4 Perc +7 | Effects: None | Longbow +7 1d8 Flambard +4 1d10+3 | 15/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows 20/20 Blunt

"Line him up, and I'll take him down, Atar."

Delaying his turn until after Atar has had a chance to attack and step out of the way, Bob prepares a strike.

If Atar doesn't move out of the way, I don't have anything worth doing, so I would just continue delaying at that point. It looks like he can 5-foot step to the side of the zombie (though I am unsure which of the remaining figures is the zombie).

Flambard: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Damage?: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Confirm?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Damage?: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


M div-spawn tiefling swashbuckler 1 | HP: 11/19 | AC 17 / T 14 / FF 13 | CMB: +6, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +7, W: 0 | Init: +4 | darkvision 60ft; Perc: +4, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 3/3 | Fire Healing: 1/1 | Charmed Life: 3/3 | Active conditions: None

Atar shakes his head, dizzy with the weight of the blow. "Damn, ok, yeah, that's a…bit too much attention. I think we need to take some time off."

He looks at Bob and nods. "Sure, he's all yours, buddy, just let me…" he stabs the creature once again almost without looking and strikes a tender spot before doing a small curtsy to free the way to Bob.

Rapier, risky strike: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 - 1 = 23
Crit confirm, risky strike: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 6 - 1 = 14

P dmg: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
crit dmg: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Parry: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 6 - 1 = 18
Riposte: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 6 - 1 = 20


You stab the creature but the blade seems to be to thin to do damage. But as you back up Bob comes in and with one swing cuts it down. And with that the undead no longer are a threat.


Human Ranger 2 | HP 11/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +6 CMD 18 | Init +4 Perc +7 | Effects: None | Longbow +7 1d8 Flambard +4 1d10+3 | 15/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows 20/20 Blunt

"Right, then. Let's check the bodies and get out of here."

Bob sheathes his sword and picks up his bow.

Sighing, he looks at the tomb. "Should we examine that before we leave? It has no guardians now. If the goblins come back, they might just steal everything."


N/A Leshy Driud (Leshy Warden) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 18 t 13 f 15 | F +5 R +2 W +7 | Init. +2 | Darkvision 60' | Perception +9 | CMB +1 | CMD 13 | Spells: 1st 4/4

"We should see what is in the tomb. Then you guys should rest so that you can heal." Looking to Bob, as he is bruised and bleeding, "I can go look in the tomb."

Brightberry and Redleaf will make their way into the room with the tomb to take a peek inside.

Brightberry Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Redleaf Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


Human Ranger 2 | HP 11/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +6 CMD 18 | Init +4 Perc +7 | Effects: None | Longbow +7 1d8 Flambard +4 1d10+3 | 15/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows 20/20 Blunt

Bob nods and shoulders his bow, then stoops down to turn out whatever pockets remain on the zombies, and looking for a signet ring or other insignia to prove that they found the body.


Male HP:12/15 AC:15 T:13 FF:13 F:+2 R:+5 W:+3 Perc:+6 Init:+3 Bastard Sword +5 1d10+3 CMB:+4 CMD:+14 Human Magus (Blade Bound) 1 Swashbuckler 1

Trakas steps back away as the last creature falls. Wiping off his black blade and returning it's sheath, he looks at the others with interest.
Well....Everyone is still here. I agree we should search everything. I have a feeling that we may end up with some visitors outside when we leave. We should be careful and also be ready. I truly hope that I am wrong but it never hurts to be prepared for the worse.


I will get you the results of your search later today, last night was difficult as the baby is teething and possibly sick.


Human Ranger 2 | HP 11/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +6 CMD 18 | Init +4 Perc +7 | Effects: None | Longbow +7 1d8 Flambard +4 1d10+3 | 15/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows 20/20 Blunt
The Ancient GM wrote:
I will get you the results of your search later today, last night was difficult as the baby is teething and possibly sick.

Teething. Yes, I remember those days. I seem to recall that all of the excess saliva from the teething caused a lot of stomach discomfort in my children. Hopefully that is all the issue with your child and not an actual illness. Good luck!


doctor said it’s just a cold with teething, so all is good.

You examine the room and find out the two normal undead two longswords still in their sheaths, and two chain shirts with what comes to 120 gold. You find on the Lordling some fine clothes though ragged and a little dirty. And a silver ring with what you recognize as the Bitrost family crest.


N/A Leshy Driud (Leshy Warden) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 18 t 13 f 15 | F +5 R +2 W +7 | Init. +2 | Darkvision 60' | Perception +9 | CMB +1 | CMD 13 | Spells: 1st 4/4

Pointing the the swords, armor, and ring as he speaks, Brightberry says, "Okay, these things are worth gold. We should take them. That ring should identify this human, shouldn't it? That should complete this quest and get us our reward." Brightberry will then work on taking the signet ring off of the finger of the noble. "Let's turn this in and sell those items. Rest. Then, what did the old man hire us to do?"


M div-spawn tiefling swashbuckler 1 | HP: 11/19 | AC 17 / T 14 / FF 13 | CMB: +6, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +7, W: 0 | Init: +4 | darkvision 60ft; Perc: +4, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 3/3 | Fire Healing: 1/1 | Charmed Life: 3/3 | Active conditions: None

Atar, still a bit dizzy from the creatures' blows, finally snaps out of it when he sees the signet ring. "I wonder if they want the body too…? Not really in the mood to drag a rotten corpse that we just poked full of holes around these parts." He thinks about checking the contract for instructions, then shrugs. "Ring it is."

"I could perhaps use one of those chain shirts, but they might get in the way of things…" he says whilst poking one of the corpses.

Atar could use one to get to 19 AC, but he'd have to offload a bedroll and a backpack onto someone else (perhaps Vanguard?) and even then wouldn't be able to pick up anything else. Not sure it's worth it.


Human Ranger 2 | HP 11/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +6 CMD 18 | Init +4 Perc +7 | Effects: None | Longbow +7 1d8 Flambard +4 1d10+3 | 15/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows 20/20 Blunt

"I think Cornelius wanted us to explore these ruins as well. If so, it seems we've made a good start."

Helping to strip the bodies of valuables, Bob grabs a couple of their cloaks and ties the stuff up, slinging it over his back for now.

"One of you hang on to those coins. I think Cornelius might want to see the ones we found earlier. Let's go rest and then we can come back and make sure this upper floor is cleared."


N/A Leshy Driud (Leshy Warden) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 18 t 13 f 15 | F +5 R +2 W +7 | Init. +2 | Darkvision 60' | Perception +9 | CMB +1 | CMD 13 | Spells: 1st 4/4

Back from whence we came then...for now.


You guys manage to grab everything with a little bit of loot management and make your way or of the ruins, as you come out it’s mid afternoon and the sun is on its way down but you have plenty of hours left in the day. You make your way towards the Blue Basilisk Hall bloodied and tired. As you do you think on just how dangerous your trek was and the fact you survived boosts your confidence. You all level up!

You come to the door the carved wooden head above it, anything you guys would like to do before walking in?


N/A Leshy Driud (Leshy Warden) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 18 t 13 f 15 | F +5 R +2 W +7 | Init. +2 | Darkvision 60' | Perception +9 | CMB +1 | CMD 13 | Spells: 1st 4/4

Brightberry holds up the ring. "So, someone needs to give this to the one guy and he'll give us a reward. Then we need to sell this other stuff, split our money, check in with the old man, rest, and go back into the earth. Does that cover everything?"


N/A Leshy Driud (Leshy Warden) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 18 t 13 f 15 | F +5 R +2 W +7 | Init. +2 | Darkvision 60' | Perception +9 | CMB +1 | CMD 13 | Spells: 1st 4/4

"I wonder how much we'll get for the reward. We were to bring the living body back for 1000gold. Half for the body of the guy. We might have to do some convincing with just a ring. I hope we don't have to bring the body back."

Redleaf holds the ring out to whoever wants it.


Human Ranger 2 | HP 11/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +6 CMD 18 | Init +4 Perc +7 | Effects: None | Longbow +7 1d8 Flambard +4 1d10+3 | 15/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows 20/20 Blunt

"It would be nice to get that reward. Hopefully they aren't so upset we are forced to run, as we are in no shape for a confrontation. Maybe we should avoid mentioning that the lordling was himself turned into a zombie?"

I don't recall if the family was in town or not...

Bob shrugs. "As for selling things, I think it might be better to at least check in with Cornelius before we head to the shops, just in case any of it has some historical value."


The sword and armor are of modern design fashioned in the Brevoy style, while you do remember that the nobles are not here. The Blue Basilisks were associates of Lord Bitrost.


Human Ranger 2 | HP 11/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +6 CMD 18 | Init +4 Perc +7 | Effects: None | Longbow +7 1d8 Flambard +4 1d10+3 | 15/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows 20/20 Blunt

Thanks for the reminder

"That contract did say that the body would need to be recognizable, but I'm not sure they are going to want to see the undead version of their son. There is also the issue of all of the new sword slashes on the body...

All we can do is check in with the Basilisks and see how they would like the body prepared for transport back to the Bitrosts. If they don't need the lordling's sword or something, we can go see about selling the stuff then."

Stepping back into the street, Bob begins heading back toward the Blue Basilisk headquarters.


Male HP:12/15 AC:15 T:13 FF:13 F:+2 R:+5 W:+3 Perc:+6 Init:+3 Bastard Sword +5 1d10+3 CMB:+4 CMD:+14 Human Magus (Blade Bound) 1 Swashbuckler 1

Trakas nods and follows along.


Your entry into the hall this time is one of curiosity. With eyes on this time seeing the blood and wounds you’ve faced, the air is a bit different. Geniveev Sits at the table now looking over some documents as you enter you see some people sparring in the middle of the hall throwing fists at each wildly. For a moment it seems like one of them is going to win till an unexpected haymaker knocks him out cold.


M div-spawn tiefling swashbuckler 1 | HP: 11/19 | AC 17 / T 14 / FF 13 | CMB: +6, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +7, W: 0 | Init: +4 | darkvision 60ft; Perc: +4, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 3/3 | Fire Healing: 1/1 | Charmed Life: 3/3 | Active conditions: None

"You actually read through the contract? You guys are amazing! Also, I suppose we might want to crash today and collect the reward tomorrow? I'm a bit hammered after waltzing around with those guys from before."

Atar leans on Bob and yawns. "Also, if we're going to talk to nobility, might be bet not to…you know…stink of corpses."


N/A Leshy Driud (Leshy Warden) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 18 t 13 f 15 | F +5 R +2 W +7 | Init. +2 | Darkvision 60' | Perception +9 | CMB +1 | CMD 13 | Spells: 1st 4/4

"I think that we are just talking to the guy in the Blue Basilisk, not the noble's family."


M div-spawn tiefling swashbuckler 1 | HP: 11/19 | AC 17 / T 14 / FF 13 | CMB: +6, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +7, W: 0 | Init: +4 | darkvision 60ft; Perc: +4, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 3/3 | Fire Healing: 1/1 | Charmed Life: 3/3 | Active conditions: None

"Oh, ok. Might be a good idea. I think they liked us there. I mean, beneath all the hostility."


Human Ranger 2 | HP 11/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +6 CMD 18 | Init +4 Perc +7 | Effects: None | Longbow +7 1d8 Flambard +4 1d10+3 | 15/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows 20/20 Blunt

Wanting to get in and out as quickly as possible, Bob heads right for Geniveev, ignoring everything else going on in the room.

"Well, Captain, we found your lost lordling, but he won't be doing any talking. He is well and truly dead.... again.

No idea yet what killed him the first time, though we intend to go back and find out after licking our wounds."

He motions Redleaf to produce the ring. "Will that be enough proof for your contract? The body is recognizable, but in bad shape, as you might imagine from the circumstances. I'm not sure nobles will really want to see it after whatever time it takes to get the thing to their house."


She looks up and smiles at you guys, she props her head up on her hands. When you produce the ring she motions for it to be given to her, she spends a second inspecting it.

“Well the main concern is proof of death, but with this ring and your testimony it might be enough. I’ll give you your money for the honest work. You say he was reanimated? Sounds strange, but I’ve heard stranger.”

She leans back and whispers something to the man next to her who goes off for a second coming back with a hefty sack that rings with coin.

“If and when you go back into those ruins take a look around. I’m sure other idiots have gotten themselves killed down there, might have a bounty or two on their head.”


Human Ranger 2 | HP 11/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +6 CMD 18 | Init +4 Perc +7 | Effects: None | Longbow +7 1d8 Flambard +4 1d10+3 | 15/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows 20/20 Blunt

"There were a couple of other zombies there. I suppose we could bring their heads back in a sack to see if they match any bounties.

Messy work, but if the reward is good, we can suffer through."

Jingling the sack to make his point, he nods while tugging at his hood in a mock salute. "Keep us in mind if you have more work, Captain. We'll be around."

Tossing the sack of coins to Trakas, he turns to leave, then stops as he remembers their next task. "We've got a bit of armor and weaponry to sell. Know of a merchant who won't try to scam us too much?"


“Well you can try Echo Wood arms, the man there Iozef is fair and might have the coin to buy what you have. He’s just down the ways in the square.”

you find in the bag 500 gold for all of you.


N/A Leshy Driud (Leshy Warden) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 18 t 13 f 15 | F +5 R +2 W +7 | Init. +2 | Darkvision 60' | Perception +9 | CMB +1 | CMD 13 | Spells: 1st 4/4

"Let's go see the old man. Then we can go see Lozef to sell this stuff. Then we can split our gold. I can't carry all of this though. We will need a place to put it all before going back down."


Human Ranger 2 | HP 11/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +6 CMD 18 | Init +4 Perc +7 | Effects: None | Longbow +7 1d8 Flambard +4 1d10+3 | 15/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows 20/20 Blunt

Returning to his more normal silence, Bob nods his thanks to Geniveev and heads out the door.

Glancing at Atar, he simply says "Sorry. Mercs make me nervous." He makes to follow Brightberry's suggestion, but pauses to see if anyone else has a different plan.


M div-spawn tiefling swashbuckler 1 | HP: 11/19 | AC 17 / T 14 / FF 13 | CMB: +6, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +7, W: 0 | Init: +4 | darkvision 60ft; Perc: +4, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 3/3 | Fire Healing: 1/1 | Charmed Life: 3/3 | Active conditions: None

Atar pats Bob on the back. "You did great there, buddy, don't worry. I'd have loved to talk to them a bit longer, perhaps get a few drinks in, but, hey," he says, without commenting on the fact that Bob's line of work could be described as mercenary.

He then puts his finger in front of his lips, gesturing to Brightberry. "Saying stuff like 'I can't carry all my gold' is…well, not the best idea around these parts," he whispers.


N/A Leshy Driud (Leshy Warden) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 18 t 13 f 15 | F +5 R +2 W +7 | Init. +2 | Darkvision 60' | Perception +9 | CMB +1 | CMD 13 | Spells: 1st 4/4

Brightberry attempts to mimic Atar, and puts one of his phalanges up to his face and nods sagely.

"We do need a place to place our roots and rest our bones."


You all head back to the tavern to find Cornelius you walk in to see the older half eleven gentleman reading a bowl of soup. As you walk in he looks up and his face brightens with a smile. “Ah you’ve returned! I new I hired the best ones for the job, tell me how deep did the ruins go? How much did you find? What did you see??” .

The tavern has a few other people in it but between an early dinner for some and quiet conversation for others not much is happening. You do see the bartender Eddars relaxing and sipping an ale at the bar seemingly bored while the owner Shankar is busy helping in the kitchen.


Male HP:12/15 AC:15 T:13 FF:13 F:+2 R:+5 W:+3 Perc:+6 Init:+3 Bastard Sword +5 1d10+3 CMB:+4 CMD:+14 Human Magus (Blade Bound) 1 Swashbuckler 1

Trakas makes for the bartender to make good on his word. He picks up the drinks and returns to the table with Cornelius.


Human Ranger 2 | HP 11/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +6 CMD 18 | Init +4 Perc +7 | Effects: None | Longbow +7 1d8 Flambard +4 1d10+3 | 15/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows 20/20 Blunt

Sitting down at the table, Bob begins to relate the tale of their discoveries. "We haven't explored the entire thing yet, but there appear to be two levels."

He takes care to describe the fountain and the silent devil statue as well as the tomb that appears to reanimate the dead. "We also found an unfortunate explorer who appeared to have been down there for some time. All bones and rusted armor. He did have these, though, and a scroll that we haven't identified yet."

Bob produces the pouch of old coins, extracts one, and slides it over to Cornelius. "Seemed like something more than just a regular coin."

As he speaks, Bob attempts to gauge Cornelius' reaction. Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


M div-spawn tiefling swashbuckler 1 | HP: 11/19 | AC 17 / T 14 / FF 13 | CMB: +6, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +7, W: 0 | Init: +4 | darkvision 60ft; Perc: +4, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 3/3 | Fire Healing: 1/1 | Charmed Life: 3/3 | Active conditions: None

Atar grabs a few more chairs for Brightberry, Redleaf and Immana then sits by Bob's side. When the ranger produces the coin, he looks around himself, then asks Cornelius: "Do you think they might be…azlanti?" The tiefling raises one eyebrow for emphasis.


Cornelius listens intently but his eyebrows scrunch close as if in deep thought at your words. When the coins are produced he takes and studies them for a moment and after about a minute he shakes his head.

“Though interesting these coins are not anything I’m searching for. They seem to be several hundred years old. From early Chelaxian Empire not Azlanti, though it seems your adventurer went into these ruins even then, which helps to support my theory they are Azlanti.”

Bob:

You listen to the the old man chat on and on about the coin but as he handles it all that you can think about is your old chateau and the fact that coin like you is from a different time, seemingly out of place.


Human Ranger 2 | HP 11/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +6 CMD 18 | Init +4 Perc +7 | Effects: None | Longbow +7 1d8 Flambard +4 1d10+3 | 15/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows 20/20 Blunt

Bob picks up one of the coins and studies it himself, muttering slightly under his breath. "I wonder how far from home he was. This land was probably Chelaxian at the time. He could have simply been taking a walk and found a cave to explore before stumbling on that trap.

His family, waiting for him to return for dinner, probably never even knew what happenned."

Abruptly stopping and shaking his head to rouse himself from his reverrie, he scoops up the coins and the bag, continuing in a louder voice, "Perhaps there is a collector here in town that would be willing to pay a premium for such coins. Do you know of anyone, sir?"


“Unfortunately I do not, though the wealthy are known to collect things you could try the keep. The uhh leader of the town lives in it he may have some interest in the old coins.”


M div-spawn tiefling swashbuckler 1 | HP: 11/19 | AC 17 / T 14 / FF 13 | CMB: +6, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +7, W: 0 | Init: +4 | darkvision 60ft; Perc: +4, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 3/3 | Fire Healing: 1/1 | Charmed Life: 3/3 | Active conditions: None

"Ah, yes, Cheliax…" Atar nods, as if deep in thought.

When Cornelius mentions the leader of the town, the tiefling cocks his head, his ram ears flapping against the sides of his head. "Do we really want to go speak to the mayor, though? I mean, I'm all for hiding in plain sight," Atar winks at Trakas thinking about their early discussion, "but isn't that going to attract a bit too much attention? Perhaps we can hold on to the coins until we reach somewhere…less exciting?"


Human Ranger 2 | HP 11/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +6 CMD 18 | Init +4 Perc +7 | Effects: None | Longbow +7 1d8 Flambard +4 1d10+3 | 15/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows 20/20 Blunt

"Holding onto them sounds good. We should sell what we have and see if we have enough to buy some more equipment, then rest up. We need healing before we try to go back into those ruins."

Scooping the coins back into the bag, he hands it to Atar, then looks back to Cornelius. "I don't suppose you brought some healing resources with you?"


F Undine [ HP: 20/20 | AC: 17 (TAC: 15, FFAC: 12) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | Fort: +5, Ref: +6, Will: +1 | Init: +3 | Perception +6 ] Water Dancer UnMonk 2 [ Speed 30 ft | Hydrated Vitality: 1/1 | Nereid Fascination: 1/1 | Burn: 0/5 | Waveblade +5/1d6; Unarmed Strike +5/1d6; Water Blast +5/1d6+1+2 | Active conditions: none ]

On the way back to town, Immana - heavily injured, as is beginning to seem normal - begins to experiment with her powers a bit. Remembering a lesson she'd seen for the less-martially-inclined members of the forest enclave, she uses her control of water to increase the bloodflow to her wounds, willing them into healing faster. It leaves her feeling a bit drained afterwards, but considering it's helping her wounds close up, she doesn't really notice or care.

Once they're back in civilization, Immana leaves the chatting to the others - that would seem to be their area of expertise, not hers. Her mind wanders off the conversation at their table, her eyes and ears tilting towards the others in the tavern.

I'm not really sure how Kinetic Healing is supposed to work (other than just "OMG MAGICKS") so this is the best I explain it, heh.

perception, just in case there's something interesting: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

also, I can take care of some healing now, though preferably the out-of-combat before resting type.


that’s a fine explanation, better than what I would have thought up.

Cornelius nods and pulls out a small red vial. “This is a potion that will help heal. It’s all I thought but I assumed it would be for emergencies. It may suit you better in your spelunking than on myself.”

He takes a second after setting it on the table to think holding a finger to Atar to wait. “Well he is the one who keeps the town relatively calm. And maybe he knows something about the ruins his keep is on top off. But I differ to your choice of action since I’m not used to this sort of atmosphere.”


Human Ranger 2 | HP 11/18 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +2 (+2 vs. Charm) | CMB +6 CMD 18 | Init +4 Perc +7 | Effects: None | Longbow +7 1d8 Flambard +4 1d10+3 | 15/20 Arrows 20/20 CI Arrows 20/20 Blunt

Bob sighs heavily, not eager to meet the mayor but seeing the logic. "First, sell and reequip, then rest. We'll go see the mayor in the morning, or explore the rest of the zombie lair."

@GM Do you want us to RP the sale of equipment or can we fast forward?


N/A Leshy Driud (Leshy Warden) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 18 t 13 f 15 | F +5 R +2 W +7 | Init. +2 | Darkvision 60' | Perception +9 | CMB +1 | CMD 13 | Spells: 1st 4/4

"Yes. That order makes sense. Unless the mayor might not want us beneath his keep. Or if he claims rights to what we find under good keep." Brightberry says thoughtfully, not really sure how these things work, or how these people might think.


you can roleplay if you wish or we can fast forward it. It’s your choice I’m fine with either. Just let me know what you plan on selling.

451 to 500 of 534 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [b] The River Kingdom’s Shadow [ / b] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.