Strange Aeons Prequel too! (Inactive)

Game Master Just a Mort

Strange Aeons Grp 2


451 to 500 of 747 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Piotr looks at the daggers and they look perfectly clean after Kilarra cleaned them, without any trace of rust on it.

"Hey, Piotr,was wondering where you were after Laelia stormed off." Cain answers. "Glad to hear that Garrosh is fine, but why did he need stitching?"

"Ah I see,"Cain turns to Kilarra, showing her his jagged scar on his throat. "Had a run in with one of those when I was younger. Used to work as a grave sweeper until one of those uncanny beasties jumped me."

He rubs the scar, "Decided that another occupation would be safer after that," He says ruefully.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8
GM Mort wrote:
"Yeah, you shouldn't be going anywhere for a week." Granny Willow replies.

"A week..? I wasn't expecting to take so long to recover" - he growls.

GM Mort wrote:

"About the ruins... Hmm," Granny Willow takes out a book, labelled, "Geography of Dunlob" , then starts looking at the mal, pronouncing, "About half a day from Dunlob. But it's in the foothills and I'm an old woman. If anything untoward attacked me, I wouldn't stand a chance."

"But I don't think I should be dreaming of this same monolith repeatedly if there was no reason."

"You may be right, I have to admit it" - Garrosh nods - "I'll have a word with the others about it, and we will go and check these ruins"

So... I'm out of it for a week? :P


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"Thanks." Piotr says about the daggers, then heads back to Willow's place to report the news. "Does he stay here for the night, or is it to the inn with him?"

If it is a week, I'd suggest fast forwarding. Piotr is pretty banged up as well.


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 | HP 8/8 | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +4 | Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 14, Cha 8 | Perc +2 | Init +8 | Base Atk +0; CMB 0; CMD 12

"Some occupations are worth the risk." Rayland says, without adding that it was true only so far as other people were taking the risk. "I can make these work...." he muses. "I just need a little time.."


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Garrosh
”Well if you to lie in bed the whole day you would recover faster – but most of us have other things to do so we can’t really afford to do that.” Granny Willow replies.

Well as per discussion thread on regaining hp

Piotr

”I think I’ll keep him here for the night, if there are no further deteriorations to his condition he should be able to make his way to the inn tomorrow.” Granny Willow tells Piotr.

Rayland

”I disagree on that. You’re not going to be able to spend money if you’re not alive to do it.” Cain answers.

Fastfoward…

Granny Willow piles Garrosh with nettle tea and bean stew, and changes his dressings the next morning, pronouncing that his wounds are healing well and she’d really like her bed back. You gain 4 hp for slacking around and doing nothing that day

The next day passes with nothing much going on. The night however passes uneventfully for most...

1 Garrosh, 2 Kilarra, 3 Piotr, 4 Rayland: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Garrosh only:

The first night you've left Granny Willow's place and are back at the Blackbird

You find yourself in a golden city blazing in the sunset, with walls, temples, colonades and arched bridges of veined marble, silver-basined fountains of prismatic spray. You hear an awful fanfare of supernal trumpets and cymbals in the background, but the air is cold and dead, and the streets empty.

A tall, skeletal man with dead white eyes glides down the street and stares at you, a tight, knowing smile on his lips.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Ok, I think that puts me at 6/12hp for now.

GM Mort wrote:

Garrosh

”Well if you to lie in bed the whole day you would recover faster – but most of us have other things to do so we can’t really afford to do that.” Granny Willow replies.

"You have done more than enough" - Garrosh thanks Granny Willow - "I will return soon before departing to the ruins" - he adds before leaving.

-----------------

Fastforward

Early next morning, Garrosh is already sitting at the breakfast table waiting for the others - "Good morning all, I have a couple of things I would like to discuss with you" - he begins - "First of all, thanks for the mementos Kilarra" - he produces the daggers she sent him via Piotr, placing them on the table with a smile - "I knew all along you were a sweet, sensitive girl" - he chuckles.

"Second, thank you all for keeping me alive" - the half-orc nods - "Third, Granny Willow has asked me for assistance in taking a look a some nearby Kellid ruins - she's been getting visions or dreams about a monolith there... Taking into account our tasks here in Dunlob, I'm guessing it deserves being looked into. We can get more details from her if needed"

He pauses to drink some ale - "Last but not least - I've had a couple weird dreams myself. Last night, I dreamed I was in a golden city, with everything in marble all around me. Then there was a fanfare - awful thing - and then a tall, skeletal man with dead white eyes staring at me, smiling" - he recounts - "So... There's that also. I think our first order of business should be checking out the ruins though"


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Garrosh:

Anything you wanted to do in your dream?


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Mort:

Ah, didn't realize we could act it out. Definitely! :D

"Come then!" - Garrosh moves toward the creature, reaching for his weapon - "If you think you will cow me, then you are sorely mistaken!" - he roars - "What is it you want from here?!"


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Garrosh:

"Everything. Nothing. The beginning, it's end."The man answers cryptically, unfazed by Garrosh's challenge. "Mortals...in seeking to delay the inevitable, you only hasten its approach..."


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Spoiler:

"Riddles huh? Had to be..." - the half-orc grumbles - "Why are you here? Why Dunlob?"


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Garrosh:

"My unwitting prophet spreads the seeds of a new era. Fascinating to watch, as the seeds take root in those vulnerable minds and grow..." The skeletal man muses.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Mort:

"Does this prophet have a name? And why are you telling me all this?"

I am assuming Garrosh is kind of in that dream state, when you don't question stuff, you kinda realize something is off, but you can't put your finger on it. Else he would just dismiss the whole thing, and assume his head was playing tricks on him.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Garrosh:

"Call him the Beginning of the End, if you wish. All that matters is that he carries out my will. And you too, are part of the pattern. One thread leading to another.." The skeletal man says mysteriously.


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"She saved your life, and for free, so I'll help." Piotr agrees.

"You might die, for what?!?" Ann snaps, having already discussed many times over the night and day about staying out of danger, of which her pig headed brother ignores once again.

He does wince a bit, since Ann has the capacity to be Very loud. "I still need another day or two though."

The dreams discussion brings a very worried look, and a blessed silence from Ann. "So it is infectiing us now as well? Not me, just meaning our group." Piotr glances at Rayland to see if the mage has any suggestions as to why.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Mort:

The beginning, it's end, unwitting prophet, seeds of a new era, Beginning of the End (again)...

Religion (any of these references make sense?): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

"Your words make no sense to me - like ravings of a madman" - Garrosh shrugs - "Or you are mocking me. In any case, this is going nowhere" - then turns and leaves.

Piotr Tataru wrote:

"She saved your life, and for free, so I'll help." Piotr agrees.

"I still need another day or two though."

"Thanks. You and me both" - Garrosh nods with a smile.

Piotr Tataru wrote:
"So it is infecting us now as well? Not me, just meaning our group." Piotr glances at Rayland to see if the mage has any suggestions as to why.

"Not sure anything is actually happening" - the half-orc grunts - "I'm not usually easily influenced, but this could be nothing more than suggestion from all that we've witnessed"


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

Kilarra only raises an eyebrow to Garrosh calling her a sweetheart. Her deadpan resting b%!!* face is still ever present.

"I haven't had any dreams of a skeleton, not with dead white eyes anyways." Replies Kilarra to Piotr. "What do you make of all this, Rayland?"


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Garrosh:

"All will be revealed in time." The skeletal man adds enigmatically as Garrosh turns to leave.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Mort:
"I'm sure..." - the half orc just moves away.

I assume my Kn (Rel) was good for nothing? :D

Kilarra Dimir wrote:
Kilarra only raises an eyebrow to Garrosh calling her a sweetheart. Her deadpan resting b!~#% face is still ever present.

I did not call her a sweetheart :P

Additionally Garrosh shares the details of the dream with the others, and the references to the 'unwitting prophet', 'seeds of a new era', 'Beginning of the End'.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Garrosh:

You have no idea what that man is talking about with his obscure references.

Yeah sorry, nope. Though one wonders how Starfinder happened from Pathfinder, they're still the same setting.

Shoo to bed too!


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 | HP 8/8 | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +4 | Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 14, Cha 8 | Perc +2 | Init +8 | Base Atk +0; CMB 0; CMD 12

Is there any knowledge check I can make on this phenomena

Rayland wracks his brains.

"It's difficult to say. It's possible that just as the etheric compasses may point toward supernatural energy, perhaps they too act as some kind of magnet for the same energy. It's an area I have not studied very much but it is certain there is more to what is happening in this place that what we have seen so far."

"Dreams are powerful things. Sometimes they are just the voices of our unconscious, sometimes they are actual visions or influences implanted by a third party."

"At the moment I am wondering if you are influenced by what we have seen Piotr."


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"No, my dreams are my own... at least what I can remember of them. Never been good at recollecting them."

"I wish I could say the same." Ann teases "There is the dream about the serving girl, and that priestess and..." Ann drones on, making Piotr turn a little red.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

You already made your knowledge planes check regarding the place Garrosh ended up in

And screwed up your knowledge religion on what the man might be

Rayland knowledge arcana: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Rayland just can't remember on how Garrosh have had that dream.

The next few days pass idyllic with the party generally resting, or some might say less charitably, lazing around. Rayland concentrates on figuring out those etheric compasses and realizes that the focus required to find the dark presence, would be one that has been touched by the said dark presence. Cain occasionally grumbles that there's no entertainment in town, but since he's being paid, he doesn't really complain overly much.

Take as many days off as you like, just remember to deduct your lodging and board


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Mort:

Yeah, was up slightly later yesterday :D

So.... Garrosh has to rest for 8h x 6days or 24h x 3days. Correct Mort?


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Yeah, however you want to do it. Same for Piotr, unless someone mother hens(aka long term care) you.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Since no one is taking me up on the long time care offer, I am going for 3days x 24h....

Then good to go. Though... Without a single healing ability among all of us, this is not going to be pretty...


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

Kilarra can't (and doesn't really want to) look after you.

How much is lodging?

Kilarra spends her days exercising with push-ups, running, and sword drills.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

At some point of time, Rayland expresses his desire to return to Count Lowls, in which Cain, happy to find something to do, takes leave of the party, and drives Rayland back to Count Lowls.

This is where the new characters, Rozalia, Caraid and Auryl will be brought in later


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |
Kilarra Dimir wrote:

Kilarra can't (and doesn't really want to) look after you.

How much is lodging?

Kilarra spends her days exercising with push-ups, running, and sword drills.

Barlow peeks in on one of her sword drills and claps appreciatively. "I'm glad someone knows how to use a blade around here. We're sort of isolated, and I'd rather not be the only person in town who has a crossbow."

Lodging is as per common inn, 5 sp per night


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Garrosh rests and relaxes as best as he can - he also grabs the opportunity to watch Kilarra practice.


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

Though her drills are executed with only intermediate expertise, it's clear that Kilarra is a classically trained fighter. She rests the sword against her shoulder and wipes the sweat from her brow. "You get much trouble around here? Goblins or anything?"


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"Well, sometimes our herd animals get stolen, like Farmer Tommy's goat and the other day Beatrice's hens and the eggs went missing," Barlow explains, "And at night at the edge of town sometimes you see red eyes staring at you from the fog. It's creepy let me tell you."


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

Piotr is also spending way too much time sitting on his butt. Makes him antsy. Ann is keeping quiet as much as possible, still angry at him for getting stabbed, but also wanting to let him rest.

diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6

He tries to be nice and polite to those around him, but just comes off as grumpy and distant. So is mostly left alone.


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

"Well we did run into those weird things on the road that tried to gut us. I don't remember their eye colour, but they definitely fit the bill for 'creepy'."


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

"Skulks" - Garrosh grunts from his seat.


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

Piotr shakes his head at the memory, sitting somewhere close and sipping on some kind of cider. He doesn't blame Kilarra and Rayland for their decision, he just didn't, and still doesn't agree with it.

"Let it go, brother, or you won't be able to work with the nice lady with the horns, now will you?" Ann was back to a bit of teasing, which Piotr tried to ignore.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"See? Even from their name you know they're bad news," Barlow shudders. "Besides I heard Leonard and David talking about your run in with them - I guess we should be glad we haven't seen them band together to attack the town in force."


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

"Not sure if they are 'prone to banding' - I won't let them catch me by surprise again though, that's for sure" - the half-orc growls.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

At Thrushmoor - Rozalia, Caraid and Auryl

Each of you climb up Iris hill, to see breaking the thick hedge that surrounds the estate, the squat building sports a pair of heavy wooden doors bearing a small sliding hatch. The servant at the gatehouse beckons to his counterpart below and the door is pulled open and you are ushered in to a large estate with one large building and 4 other smaller buildings. The odor of heather and ivy is strong in the air. The servant at the ground level leads you to the guesthouse, and beckons you to sit.

The party is seated in a well appointed lounge including a brick fireplace, a mahogany table with six matching chairs and an antique sideboard near the foot of the stairs. A liquor cabinet stands against the wall at the foot of the stairs leading upwards.


|HP: 30/30 (4NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 2/6 | Active conditions: TB: +5(6)[7], 2d6+2+3(+1)[+2] |

Caraid trails slightly behind his mother, obviously uneasy, although whether that's because he's in the Lord's home or some other reason isn't clear.

He doesn't seem interested in the furnishings of the room beyond a quick glance, and immediately sits down, folding his lanky legs underneath him and pulling out a set of charcoal sticks. Folded paper is produced from another pocket and he bends down to draw, hand moving swiftly across the paper.


Female NG Human (Varisian) Witch 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1  

Rozalia feels a similar apprehension to her son. She wouldn't have brought him here to Iris Hill if she thought she had any choice in the matter. But Caraid's powers were simply getting out of control, and this was the only solution she had been able to come up with. Distasteful though it may be, they would have to offer their services to Count Lowls in exchange for getting help for her son.

The blonde woman pours two snifters of brandy from the liquor cabinet before approaching the other man who arrived alongside her and Caraid. Though she has recently entered middle age, Rozalia is still an attractive woman. Her face sports a few worry lines and there's a bit of extra weight around her middle, but her blue eyes sparkle with intellect and her smile is warm and inviting. She offers the man one of the glasses.

"So, what are you in for?" she asks lightly.


All the wealth and splendor of the estate causes Auryl to feel uneasy. Too many memories resurface at the sight of the priceless mahogany table - we'd have killed for that - which in turn causes the redhead to accept the drink with apparent unease written all over his face. With a trace of bitterness to his features, he gives Rozalia a nod. Now that he's facing her, she can clearly see the traumatized flesh of his neck. Discolored and mottled, someone either strangled him to death or he experienced a hanging. It begs the question of how he's still alive. And why he doesn't bother to cover it up - a simple shawl would suffice.

Perhaps the stamped silver amulet hanging from around his neck, bearing the symbol of the church of Sarenrae, explains some of it.

"Appreciated," the redhead's raspy voice crows. He takes a sip and squints as the harsh liquor tumbling down his throat sets his body on fire. "Dreams, if you truly care to know why I'm 'ere. Dreams of fire that overwhelm and consume, a fire that always yearns for more, but every damn time I close my eyes I find myself with less to give. Might be all I need is a break. Maybe I'm simply crazy," he says with no hint of humor or whatsoever.


Female NG Human (Varisian) Witch 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1  

Rozalia tries to avoid staring at the raw wound around the man's neck. She fights the urge to reach out and touch the tender skin, to lay healing hands upon it.

"Ah. I am sorry to hear of your troubles. Sleep should be a sanctuary, a place of peace and rest, not terror. I hope the count can help you." The woman sips her own brandy, wincing slightly. "My name is Rozalia Tilescu. The boy is my son, Caraid. He's a very... special boy. We've come seeking help to control the strange powers he's begun to manifest."


|HP: 30/30 (4NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 2/6 | Active conditions: TB: +5(6)[7], 2d6+2+3(+1)[+2] |
Auryl Hajal wrote:
"Appreciated," the redhead's raspy voice crows. He takes a sip and squints as the harsh liquor tumbling down his throat sets his body on fire. "Dreams, if you truly care to know why I'm 'ere. Dreams of fire that overwhelm and consume, a fire that always yearns for more, but every damn time I close my eyes I find myself with less to give. Might be all I need is a break. Maybe I'm simply crazy," he says with no hint of humor or whatsoever.

"Everyone here is crazy." Caraid says quietly, without looking up.

Rozalia Tilescu wrote:
"My name is Rozalia Tilescu. The boy is my son, Caraid. He's a very... special boy. We've come seeking help to control the strange powers he's begun to manifest."

The boy in question looks up, smiles at his mother and then lets his drawing go. It floats gently across the room, leaving a trail of faint purple light in its wake until it settles softly into Auryl's hands.

The figure in the drawing is definitely Auryl - clearly Caraid has a good eye, but he is being shadowed by an immense fire. A flame, higher than a man and with just the faintest outline of... hands? eyes? a face? Bizarrely it seems nearly impossible to see the flame the same way twice. Even in black and white it seems to nearly move, to flicker.

"The fire watches you." Caraid says simply. "Maybe you should stand in the leylines like mother, or jump in the sea. It might not follow you there."


Auryl's response is gruff but it's clear that whatever talent Caraid harnesses troubles the Sarenite. "In some villages the local priest would have you burned for that, y'know? Best keep it to yourself before it gets you in trouble." No boy should be able to do this. A servitor of the Gods, maybe, but not a boy.

As the redhead contemplates what to do with the situation, the urge to crumple the piece of paper grows. He eyes the boy and then his mother, knowing that at least one of them is here seeking help. Because whatever the boy 'has', is troublesome. Very troublesome. The agitation that burns within dies down and instead of destroying what the boy has made, Auryl gently folds up the drawing and puts it away. "Or, I fold it up, find a way to let it go and then leave it behind me. Crazy, right? That's why I'm here."


Female NG Human (Varisian) Witch 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1  

Rozalia scowls and clucks her tongue. "We don't like to use the 'c-word' in our household. When somebody acts in a manner outside of society's norms, we simply say they are 'touched.'"


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Caraid only:

'Not bad. Better at this you are getting.'There is a feeling of amusement from the voice, that Caraid has always known, in his head. Then an image of an air ship appears in his head. 'Something else to draw there is.'


The Sarenite's lower lip quivers for a moment but he manages to keep it together. He raises a hand as if to apologize and sits down on one of the fancy's table chairs, wood creaking under his weight. It's obvious he's eager to get things on with. "Alright, I understand. We're all here for a reason, after all, and I know better than to judge a book by its cover - or a kid by his drawings. The Gods manifest their divine providence in more ways than the mortal mind can comprehend and maybe Caraid simply has yet to figure out his bond with whatever divine essence infuses him with such ... wisdom beyond his years."

It feels good pinning the boy's mysterious nature on the Divine. Auryl refuses to entertain the notion of any and all alternatives.


|HP: 30/30 (4NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 2/6 | Active conditions: TB: +5(6)[7], 2d6+2+3(+1)[+2] |

Caraid doesn't respond to the rest of the conversation, his eyes gazing at something far away. His face doesn't change as his hands come up and begin waving through the air, leaving glowing trails behind them that gradually begin to form a sharp prowed vessel, with spires and and turrets rising along its lengths.

The whole thing hangs in the middle of the room, formed only is shimmering threads of light.


Female NG Human (Varisian) Witch 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1  

Rozalia gives her son a worried look as he gazes off into the middle distance. "If it is a gift from a god, I hope it's from a benevolent one," she says quietly.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

An angular faced man in dark grey scholars robes, with a brown fur cape draped over his shoulders, wearing circular black shades over his eyes with a bushy beard descends from the stairs, and introduces himself ”I am Count Lowls."

Pic of Count Lowls

"I see you've already made yourself comfortable." Count Lowls adds, looking at the whiskey poured out and Caraid drawing the sharp prowled vessel waving glowing trails through the air. "That's incredible." He utters in amazement."Caraid, have you always been able to draw like this?" Count Lowls asks Caraid.

"Rozalia, your son is Gifted. What he has is a gift. That could be used to bring humanity to greater heights." Count Lowls compliments Rozalia.

"Auryl, it's good to see you here." He acknowledges Auryl with a nod. "Together we can get down to the root of the problem."

451 to 500 of 747 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Strange Aeons Prequel too! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.