Strange Aeons Prequel too! (Inactive)

Game Master Just a Mort

Strange Aeons Grp 2


251 to 300 of 747 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

F Night-born (Moon May) Changeling Cleric of Desna 1| AC 15/17, T12/14, FF13/15| HP 9/9, F+2/+4, R+1, W+5 | CMB +0, CMD 11| Init +1, Perc. +4, Darkvision 60ft | 0/6 Channel Positive Energy

"I think that's a fine suggestion, Rayland," and then looking to her Half-orc companion, she added, "Will you lead us there, Garrosh?"


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

In relation to Garrosh asking if it was just Matthew having the dreams

"I think he said it was going on for lots of people. But they said a lot so it is possible I misheard." Stopping at the corpse of the adventurer, he gestures for someone to help him carry him outside. "Figured it'll help if he is laid to rest proper like, and the townfolk don't seem too keen on coming into this place, so... outside?"

Then off to the maner!


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 | HP 8/8 | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +4 | Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 14, Cha 8 | Perc +2 | Init +8 | Base Atk +0; CMB 0; CMD 12

Is the stone like the Message spell? - i.e. limited number of words per message?


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Nope, have a good yak


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Garrosh manages to find a female peasant going around carrying her tray of cheeses to sell and asks her on where the Illirigarde manor is. She looks at Garrosh fearfully for a moment, then stammers, "I-its i-in t-the H-hungry M-mountain, o-overlooking L-lantern L-lake. 3 h-hours n-north-east f-from h-here."

"T-the p-place h-has g-gone b-bad s-since L-lady I-illirigarde d-disappeared o-on a s-stormy n-night." The female peasant ventures hesitantly. "T-that w-was 40 y-years a-ago a-acording t-to m-my m-mam."

She then looks at the party, alarmed, "S-stay a-away f-from t-that p-place."


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8
Laelia Korzha wrote:
"I think that's a fine suggestion, Rayland," and then looking to her Half-orc companion, she added, "Will you lead us there, Garrosh?"

"I can try" - Garrosh nodded back in agreement.

Piotr Tataru wrote:
"I think he said it was going on for lots of people. But they said a lot so it is possible I misheard." Stopping at the corpse of the adventurer, he gestures for someone to help him carry him outside. "Figured it'll help if he is laid to rest proper like, and the townfolk don't seem too keen on coming into this place, so... outside?"

"Yes, let us get this sorted" - the half-orc does not press the subject, but is definitely not convinced with Piotr's answer...

We can't just leave the bones outside, right Piotr? If someone passes by... Perhaps leave them inside, and take care of it when we return?

GM Mort wrote:

Garrosh manages to find a female peasant going around carrying her tray of cheeses to sell and asks her on where the Illirigarde manor is. She looks at Garrosh fearfully for a moment, then stammers, "I-its i-in t-the H-hungry M-mountain, o-overlooking L-lantern L-lake. 3 h-hours n-north-east f-from h-here."

"T-the p-place h-has g-gone b-bad s-since L-lady I-illirigarde d-disappeared o-on a s-stormy n-night." The female peasant ventures hesitantly. "T-that w-was 40 y-years a-ago a-acording t-to m-my m-mam."

She then looks at the party, alarmed, "S-stay a-away f-from t-that p-place."

"Thank you for the information" - the warrior replies - "We will be careful"

Is the girl afraid, or is she stuttering? I assume the last? :D


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

Kilarra heads back to the group inside the ruined tavern. "Oh I see how it is. You'll all huddle together while I scout alone so I can trip the traps or get ambushed. Well you'll be happy to know that the place is clear."


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

"Didn't think you wanted company" - Garrosh chuckles - "Next time let me know, and I will go with"


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Yeah you bad half orc made a girl stutter with the mention of a bad place.

"W-well, g-good l-luck. Y-you'll n-need i-it."She stammers, then scuttles off.

The party heads towards the Illirgarde Manor and as they head through the foothills on a dirt path, Kilarra, Garrosh and Piotr have a sense of being watched, but after some distance, that feeling fades.

anything?: 1d2 ⇒ 1

They arrive at a stone building that must have been luxurious and decadent in the past, but now the windows are boarded up and the banners are faded, full of holes and the door color looks faded and worn. The garden is overgrown with weeds, the pond a black mass of algae and many trees have died due to a lack of care, lying in pieces on the ground. The manor is utterly silent.

The party realizes that all the doors around the manor are locked.

Slide 6


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"I might be able to..." Piotr pulls out some picks from his belt, fumbling with them a bit. The town guard does not inspire confidence in thievery skills, he might even be holding them upside down.

"Oh stop that, give them to Me!" Ann snaps, making her older brother frown. He considers snapping back, pointing out he was putting food on the table while she learned how to be a criminal! But arguing with the voice inside your head while in front of others... well it isn't good.

"I'll try at least." he states before anyone can argue, moving to the front door and kneeling it front of it. He peers into the lock, through the crack between the frame and door, and then sighs unsure. Taking a deep breath he gives in to his sister. Suddenly his fingers take a life of their own. Sure and nimble, more than his thick digits seem capable of.

perception for traps: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
disable device on the lock: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

The door is not trapped and Ann makes quick work of the lock.

C1

Dusty sheets cover the furniture of the front hall—all save a large portrait flanked by unlit candelabras above the fireplace directly opposite the front door. The room smells musty and old. The portrait of Lady Illirigarde’s face unrecognizable, being violently scratched out. Despite the damage, the subject’s strong widow’s peak is still visible. The plaque below the painting reads “Lady Rena Illirigarde,” but something tried ineffectively to scratch that out and instead carved “Hate” in many places on the wooden frame.

As the party inspect the room and painting, the unlit candles ignite one by one, illuminating the defaced portrait. A moment later, there is a scratching sound to the east through the door. Inspecting the hallway reveals that there is light coming from the under the door to area to the north east.

Please position your minis, I'm on phone.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Garrosh is surprised at Piotr's ability with the lock, but dismisses it away without making much of it.

He grunts as the candles lit themselves, and draws his weapon - "Again..."

I messed around a bit with the marching order to have Kilarra and Piotr up front (I believe this will be our default).


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 | HP 8/8 | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +4 | Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 14, Cha 8 | Perc +2 | Init +8 | Base Atk +0; CMB 0; CMD 12
Rayland Burrows wrote:
Is the stone like the Message spell? - i.e. limited number of words per message?

Earlier

Rayland takes the stone out of his pack, turns it over carefully in his hands and then holds it tight, concentrating on the words he wants to send.

"Count Lowls. We arrived safely and have begun our investigation. The populace were hostile but Ms Korzha was able to talk them around - quite impressive actually."

"There appears to be some latent effect here possibly related to the events at the Lucky Lantern. Some of the citizens are suffering disturbing dreams about an alien cityscape. Not sure what to make of it yet or if it is arcane, psychic or supernatural in nature."

"The inn appeared haunted as a result of a harrow reading gone awry leading to the death of one of the men from the village. We are pursuing that lead to Illirigarde Manor - home to Lady Illirigarde we we discovered performed the reading and was somewhat preoccupied with the occult."

"Some undead resistance, nothing that wasn't dealt with by the more physically capable of this group. Will keep you informed of further progress."


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 | HP 8/8 | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +4 | Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 14, Cha 8 | Perc +2 | Init +8 | Base Atk +0; CMB 0; CMD 12

"Careful..." Rayland whispers as the group approaches the door.

Will Detect Magic be blocked by the door? Will attempt that.


F Night-born (Moon May) Changeling Cleric of Desna 1| AC 15/17, T12/14, FF13/15| HP 9/9, F+2/+4, R+1, W+5 | CMB +0, CMD 11| Init +1, Perc. +4, Darkvision 60ft | 0/6 Channel Positive Energy

Moving quietly was not Laelia's strong suit, yet she attempted to be as quiet and careful as possible as she moved along behind the fighters of the party. The defaced portrait remained in her thoughts. Who would despise Lady Illirigarde so profoundly? Laelia's mismatched eyes moved to the light showing under the door to the north east. If the lady is deceased and the manor haunted, then why is there a light in the chamber beyond the door? Who or what could be living here...?

As Rayland studied the door for any magical auras, Laelia performed the same detection spell/examination on the now-lit candles.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Earlier

Count Lowl's voice comes from the speaking stone. "Ah, I am glad that I prepared for contingencies in case of a hostile populace. Well done, all of you."Count Lowls compliments the party.

"Could you describe to me what latent effects have been occurring around Dunlob? This could be our big break."Count Lowl's voice through the speaking stone is intense and maybe a tad too eager.

"I've managed to get hold of the Illirigarde Manor key, and have heard that Lady Illirigarde was working on two etheric compasses before she died. I have sent one Havigan Krast to deliver the key to you, and also two specially manufactured crystalline boxes to hold those compasses. They are said to be unstable and can exist on Golarion if held in those boxes."Count Lowls explains. "Assuming all goes as planned, Havigan should get to Dunlob by tomorrow. He'll show you the black blot pin to show that he's on my business."

"I am impressed by the progress you have made thus far and look forward to your further reports."Count Lowls says warmly.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Laelia does not detect any magic around the candles, but the light beyond the door has a faint evocation aura about it which both Rayland and Laelia recognize as a light spell.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

So... Maybe we should wait for this Havigan Krast before actually exploring the Manor? :D


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Technically, but if you want you can still do it =P Lowls would have told you that if he was contacted earlier...


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

Oh... um... yeah that seems wise


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

If Rayland spoke with Cowls before we visited the Mansion, then we would have waited :P


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Do you want a time reverse and you do something else?


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

I vote yes. If we knew the key was coming, we would have. Even with Piotr's lockpicking they would need the boxes. We could say we spent the day investigating the rest of the inn (even though we know there isn't anything there. And to see to the adventures burial.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Time reverse engage

After Lowl's briefing, the party decides to search every book and cranny of the inn, though they get a brief waking dream on them exploring an abandoned manor somewhere in the foothills, with light coming from the door.

The search is ultimately fruitless as the furniture is moldering there isn't anything worth salvaging from the derelict Lucky Lantern.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

"How do you want to go about this Piotr? Should we take his remains to Granny Willow at the shrine of Pharasma?" - Garrosh ponders - "We haven't actually found any 'authority' yet I think, apart from maybe Mariscella as town elder"


F Night-born (Moon May) Changeling Cleric of Desna 1| AC 15/17, T12/14, FF13/15| HP 9/9, F+2/+4, R+1, W+5 | CMB +0, CMD 11| Init +1, Perc. +4, Darkvision 60ft | 0/6 Channel Positive Energy

Hearing Garrosh's question of Piotr, Laelia quietly and steadily interceded, "As a priestess, I could oversee the burial of this man, if it would save time. However, if you mean to take him to the local priestess so she may gather any kin he has in town so he may be buried with his family present in consecrated ground, then my pride will not be injured. I am certain they would want his remains returned to them."


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

"And we would always need to know if there are some legal procedures, where the corpse should be committed to the earth, and a host of other things" - Garrosh nods in agreement with Laelia.

Also just realized we are wounded, so rest is a good option ;)

Piotr, do you not want to grab those MW Thieve's Tools?


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 | HP 8/8 | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +4 | Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 14, Cha 8 | Perc +2 | Init +8 | Base Atk +0; CMB 0; CMD 12
GM Mort wrote:

Earlier

Count Lowl's voice comes from the speaking stone. "Ah, I am glad that I prepared for contingencies in case of a hostile populace. Well done, all of you."Count Lowls compliments the party.

"Could you describe to me what latent effects have been occurring around Dunlob? This could be our big break."Count Lowl's voice through the speaking stone is intense and maybe a tad too eager.

"I've managed to get hold of the Illirigarde Manor key, and have heard that Lady Illirigarde was working on two etheric compasses before she died. I have sent one Havigan Krast to deliver the key to you, and also two specially manufactured crystalline boxes to hold those compasses. They are said to be unstable and can exist on Golarion if held in those boxes."Count Lowls explains. "Assuming all goes as planned, Havigan should get to Dunlob by tomorrow. He'll show you the black blot pin to show that he's on my business."

"I am impressed by the progress you have made thus far and look forward to your further reports."Count Lowls says warmly.

"The most significant latent effects thus far seem to be invasive dreams suffered by the populace. I observed a man named Matthew as he slept. He was talking in his sleep about a city of archways and bridges and seemed quite terrified during the ordeal. He awake with no memory of it however."

When we investigated the Lucky Lantern there was also some psychic or supernatural projection of a harrow reader. It seemed to provide a reading to us and then disappeared before we were assaulted by undead."


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"Are there any other strange happenings around the town?" Count Lowls persists.

"We NEED to find out more about the city Matthew is talking about. Do you know where the city might be located? Or where we could get more information sources about the city? What did Matthew say in his sleep? Lowls asks Rayland, but his tone is more of that of a demand rather then a question.

"How did the Harrow reader look like? Describe, and I will check in my books on that matter if I have any details on him."Lowls answers.


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"Sounds good" he has been thinking of just taking him to the healer but is glad Laelia would chimed. Honestly he didn't know if all clerics could do things like that or just Pharasma. That's who they'd take them to in the city at least.

the tools would be great, thank you.


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

The guy we're going to send to the temple is nought but bones and dust, correct? If that's the case, how should we carry him?

Kilarra just observes the discussion. She has nothing to add to what's been said. Her main interest is in the conversation between Rayland and Lowls.


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 | HP 8/8 | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +4 | Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 14, Cha 8 | Perc +2 | Init +8 | Base Atk +0; CMB 0; CMD 12

[b|"Leng!"[/b] Rayayland shouts, " And the harrow read waa a terribly too man in a black robe who disappeaerd


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

A blanket?


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"Leng? It's situated in the demiplanes of dreams. I didn't realize there were ways that the demiplanes of dreams reach out to Golarion. And it must be a powerful entity to reach out this way. This phenomenon deserves more study."Lowls answers, almost hungrily.

"Tell me more about this black robed man."Lowls commands.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Pitor wraps Wulfer's skeletal remains a blanket and then asks for directions to the Pharasma shrine. The shrine is made out of stone, a small mausoleum like structure, overlooking a large graveyard. Entering the shrine, of which an altar of Pharasma stands at the back, the party is greeted by a wrinkled old woman in simple white robes and a symbol of a spiraling comment at her belt, which Kilarra, Laelia and Rayland identify as the holy symbol of Pharasma. She has a mop of curly white hair and looks surprisingly vigorous despite her advanced age. The party also sees a door at the back of the shrine, closed.

"What brings you seek the Lady of Graves this day, travelers? " The old woman asks.


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

"A grave." Replies Kilarra. "We've got someone to bury."


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"I see. I'm sorry for your loss."The old woman nods sympathetically. "Did the deceased have any requests on how the funeral was to be carried out and did the deceased favor any gods in question?" The old woman asks the party.

"I am Granny Willow, the caretaker of this shrine to the Lady of Graves."She introduces herself.

I edited the post quite some, realized previous post wasn't apt. Sorry.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

"Well met, I am Garrosh" - the half-orc pipes in - "We did not know much of him - we believe these to be the remains of Wulfer, an adventurer. Not sure if he actually lived in Dunlob"


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"Well I don't know anyone in town named Wulfer, though a few years ago a man named Wulfer stayed in the Blackbird, then left. He was never seen again." Granny Willow mentions. "Since he has neither kith nor kin here, do you want me to bury him with the standard Pharasman rites on shrine grounds?" Granny Willow asks Garrosh.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

"I believe that would be the best option yes. Thank you" - Garrosh thanks the woman.

Checked the stuff we found in the Tavern - nothing seemed to indicate the man worshiped any specific God so...


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"Not all who are buried here have kith or kin," Granny Willow remarks, "Sometimes I'm given a body to inter here, just to make sure that they don't rise as unquiet dead. A wise precaution in times like these, I'd say."

"Sometimes I wonder if those people have kith or kin out there who miss them, and never know what happened to them, but Pharasma calls us when she does." Granny Willow muses.

"Ah enough wool gathering," Granny Willow shakes her head, then heads to the closed door. "Wait here while I get my grave digging tools. " She then goes into the room behind, coming out with a pickaxe and a shovel, then heads to the back of the shrine, where there are many tombstones spread out throughout the cemetery, finds an empty space then begins to dig a grave big enough to inter Wulfer's remains.

"Put his remains in here," Granny Willow indicates, "Then I'll perform the ceremony."

Then she walks in a circle around the grave, sprinkling the remains with incense, forming a reverse spiral, while chanting, "All who live must face her judgement, regardless of creed, of doctrine, of faith. I, your faithful servant, commend Wulfer's soul to your judgement. May his journey across the River of Souls be smooth, and may he be placed as he deserves."

"Cover the grave," Granny Willow instructs the party, "It is done."


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 | HP 8/8 | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +4 | Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 14, Cha 8 | Perc +2 | Init +8 | Base Atk +0; CMB 0; CMD 12
GM Mort wrote:

"Are there any other strange happenings around the town?" Count Lowls persists.

"We NEED to find out more about the city Matthew is talking about. Do you know where the city might be located? Or where we could get more information sources about the city? What did Matthew say in his sleep? Lowls asks Rayland, but his tone is more of that of a demand rather then a question.

"How did the Harrow reader look like? Describe, and I will check in my books on that matter if I have any details on him."Lowls answers.

Gate...keys.... the shifting sands. Those were the words Matthew repeated. I don't know their significance as yet but the place was Leng, have no doubt."

Rayland searches the grounds of his memory palace, trying to piece together every vision and snatch of information the black robed man said;

"The Queen Mother then The Publican and finally The Eclipse. Those were the cards he turned. ”The Eclipse is strong in the past. This card represents loss of purpose. I see a creature that fell from its original path. Now it wanders blindly, far afield under shadows of the mind.”

"They made up the left column and then turned The Owl, The Lost and The Midwife. - ”The Midwife is the conduit of creation, but she does not create alone. I see a creature in the present that also creates many things. It dreams of strange places and uses its mind to make these places real. But the Midwife is misaligned. The world will not like what this creature makes.” This is what he said."

"Then came The Winged Serpent, The Carnival and The Mute Hag. ”The Carnival is a card of illusions and false dreams. Danger lies in your future, but it is not the danger you expect. The Carnival is the most important card for you because it is a card for fools. It was foolish to come here…” It was at this point that he attacked us."

"I couldn't make out much in the way of detail save that he was practically skeletal in appearance, sir."


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 | HP 8/8 | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +4 | Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 14, Cha 8 | Perc +2 | Init +8 | Base Atk +0; CMB 0; CMD 12
GM Mort wrote:

"Not all who are buried here have kith or kin," Granny Willow remarks, "Sometimes I'm given a body to inter here, just to make sure that they don't rise as unquiet dead. A wise precaution in times like these, I'd say."

"Sometimes I wonder if those people have kith or kin out there who miss them, and never know what happened to them, but Pharasma calls us when she does." Granny Willow muses.

"Ah enough wool gathering," Granny Willow shakes her head, then heads to the closed door. "Wait here while I get my grave digging tools. " She then goes into the room behind, coming out with a pickaxe and a shovel, then heads to the back of the shrine, where there are many tombstones spread out throughout the cemetery, finds an empty space then begins to dig a grave big enough to inter Wulfer's remains.

"Put his remains in here," Granny Willow indicates, "Then I'll perform the ceremony."

Then she walks in a circle around the grave, sprinkling the remains with incense, forming a reverse spiral, while chanting, "All who live must face her judgement, regardless of creed, of doctrine, of faith. I, your faithful servant, commend Wulfer's soul to your judgement. May his journey across the River of Souls be smooth, and may he be placed as he deserves."

"Cover the grave," Granny Willow instructs the party, "It is done."

"Yes, done indeed...." Rayland says to nobody but himself. He was vague recollections about hands full of grave dirt, the chill of the morning frost in the dawning light and dragging a sack back to a waiting cart.

He does not dwell on the thought and pushes it d=from his mind lest any of the others see something is wrong.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"Hmm, do you think that there might be a way to get to Leng?"Lowls asks Rayland. "Key, gate...such significant words"Lowls ponders on the words.

"I care not about your past. Just ensure that the research is conducted to its exacting standards."Lowls answers, "It dreams of strange places and uses its mind to make it real - we must find the dreamer. We may be able to discover more about Leng. "Lowl says determinedly. "I would wish the dreamer to be delivered to me, alive, so that we can learn more about him."

"How did the creature attack you?" Lowls asks. "I posit that this creature might be a projection of something from Leng. But this is all speculation, of course.. I have nothing concrete to support this hypothesis."


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

Piotr is quiet during the proceedings. He's attended many in his life, so this is nothing new.


F Night-born (Moon May) Changeling Cleric of Desna 1| AC 15/17, T12/14, FF13/15| HP 9/9, F+2/+4, R+1, W+5 | CMB +0, CMD 11| Init +1, Perc. +4, Darkvision 60ft | 0/6 Channel Positive Energy

Laelia raised her own quiet prayers for the soul of the one named Wulfer. She solemnly smiled and thanked the elder priestess, Granny Willow.

GM Mort, do we need to pay her some coin for the burial service? Maybe a donation or offering to the Pharasman church?

Drawing Garrosh and Piotr (I think they're the only ones hurt at present, yes?) to the side, Laelia gently offered,

"Please, if I may, I would heal the wounds you have suffered this night."

With that, Laelia grasped the butterfly-shaped holy symbol and lifting her eyes heavenward, quietly uttered the prayer, //"Great Dreamer, let your curative light shine down and knit whole and clean that which is painfully torn and bruised."//

A transparent, crystalline-speckled wave of light, tinged in blue radiated out from the butterfly symbol and gently covered Garrosh and Piotr, taking away their open wounds and pain.

Channel Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Channel Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 3

(I believe that brings them back to full HP.)


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"Thank you" Piotr breathes in relief. His chest and shoulder had already swelled puffy yellow, fearing it would be a deep black tomorrow. Keeping up his part of the bargin while being bruised on half ones body seemed like it would be difficult. "You're a goddess-send , Laelia."


F Night-born (Moon May) Changeling Cleric of Desna 1| AC 15/17, T12/14, FF13/15| HP 9/9, F+2/+4, R+1, W+5 | CMB +0, CMD 11| Init +1, Perc. +4, Darkvision 60ft | 0/6 Channel Positive Energy

"You're most welcome. I will endeavour to do what I can to keep you all standing and hale." Laelia smiled warmly at Piotr, the violet eye appearing more vibrant/vivid than the silver one.

(Please don't forget to update the HP on your status lines. Thanks! :))


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Donations are welcome but not necessary. I mean you didn't need to bring his remains for burial but you did it out of goodwill so...

Earlier

"If you would wish to donate to the cause, Pharasma would appreciate it, but I understand that times are hard, and not many can afford it."Granny Willow says frankly, as she gestures at the desolate landscape. "Over these years I've buried many here without charging, since it's safer for everyone if they are buried under the Goddess eyes so they don't rise up and come after the living." Granny Willow remarks. "The village keeps me supplied and in return I serve as a midwife, and tend to their dead."


F Night-born (Moon May) Changeling Cleric of Desna 1| AC 15/17, T12/14, FF13/15| HP 9/9, F+2/+4, R+1, W+5 | CMB +0, CMD 11| Init +1, Perc. +4, Darkvision 60ft | 0/6 Channel Positive Energy

"I do not have much in way of personal coin, yet I would like to give you something for your service to this soul."

Laelia drew a coin pouch from her pack and she carefully took out a gold coin and handed it to Granny Willow. She stowed the pouch back inside her pack. (I know we had some coin given to the party for incidentals by Lowls, but I thought Rayland may want to keep that coin for other things, so hopefully Granny Willow won't be too upset with a gold piece donation. We did do the digging and it was mainly bones we interred in the ground. ;))

"The work that you do, Granny Willow, is very important, especially to small towns and villages. Thank you for assisting us this night. May the gods bless you."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

251 to 300 of 747 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Strange Aeons Prequel too! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.