Strange Aeons Prequel too! (Inactive)

Game Master Just a Mort

Strange Aeons Grp 2


351 to 400 of 747 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Pitor does not detect any traps on the door. He opens the door to a dusty looking library with three cupboards filled with mouldering tomes that have become yellowed, brittle and indecipherable due to age, and five chests, each chest in each corner except for the south western corner that contains two. Checking each chest in question, Piotr does not think they are trapped and when he opens them, he finds a putrid smell in each of them, as whatever used to be in there has long since decayed.

The party however, spots a light coming from a crack at the bottom of the south door.

Take 10 for perception yields nothing

Slide 6


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 | HP 8/8 | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +4 | Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 14, Cha 8 | Perc +2 | Init +8 | Base Atk +0; CMB 0; CMD 12

Rayland runs his finger along the dusty and decrepit tomes, idly wondering what knowledge was contained within and now lost to time forever.

The thought it momentary though, as the glowing light they seem to be chasing emanates from beneath the door to the south.

Once again he readies his crossbow and waits for the door to be opened.

"If whatever carved those words into the picture frame is still here, I don't suppose they will greet us with anything but hate either. Let's be very careful here."


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Garrosh nods at Rayland - "I would also like to better understand what has happened here yes" - then at Piotr and the others, ready for the next door to be opened - "Ready"


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 | HP 8/8 | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +4 | Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 14, Cha 8 | Perc +2 | Init +8 | Base Atk +0; CMB 0; CMD 12

"Ready."


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Garrosh pushes open the door, and it makes a creaking noise as it opens, its hinges rusty from disuse.

C2

This spacious reading room is covered in dust. Epensive furniture hides under sheets, except a round table whose polished stone surface is completely clean. A large, open box carved with skulls sits near the table, and a mirror hangs on the door to the north. The eastern chair glows with a greenish spectral radiance.

Garrosh perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Kilarra perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Piotr perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Rayland perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Garrosh also notices the room becoming rapidly colder and frost forming on the table.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

"Get ready" - Garrosh informs the others - "It is getting colder again" - and he moves ahead, to take a closer look at the table and box - "I recognize this..."


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

knowledge religion Rayland: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

knowledge religion Kilarra: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Rayland and Kilarra just can't place this phenomenon.

Lady Illirigarde appears in the table’s reflective surface, though she appears tired. A box carved with skulls is closed behind her as she furiously tries to align two delicate silver disks etched with compass directions. She looks down at a book, and lightning flashes brightly outside. When it subsides, the box is open, and the tiny winged creature is hanging from the nearby bookcase. It leaps at her throat with hate in its eyes, and the vision fades.

Garrosh will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Rayland will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Pitor will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Kilarra will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Garrosh and Piotr are shaken by the horrible sight! But the worse is yet to come as 3 squat blue faced humanoids that look like totally head, creep out from the bookshelves, their crossbows loaded and the tiny winged creature that the party saw in the vision earlier emerges from the bookcase. "Now you DIE! Like Illirigarde!" It screeches with an evil leer on its tiny face.

Rayland init: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19 
Garrosh init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 
Piotr init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 
Kilarra init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
winged creature init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
blue things: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Knowledge arcana Rayland: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Knowledge nature Rayland: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Rayland just can't remember what those things could be.

Rayland up


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 | HP 8/8 | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +4 | Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 14, Cha 8 | Perc +2 | Init +8 | Base Atk +0; CMB 0; CMD 12

He can't remember what these things are, but Rayland suspects the group might need some help in their destruction.

He takes one hand off the crossbow and begins forming a complex conjuration gesture.

Begin Summon Monster 1

Also using a point from my arcane reservoir to increase the caster level (and therefore duration) by 2


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

The little winged creature flies at Garrosh, hatred transfusing it's features, trying to sink its teeth into his shoulder, but only manages to get its teeth on Garrosh's leather lamellar.

bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Piotr and Kilarra up, slide 6.Also all assailants are tiny, sorry if map is misleading.


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"Ha, looks like someone grabbed their little bodies in their fist and squeezed so hard their head swelled all blue like" Anne laughed inside his head, which Piotr did not join in on.

"This Lady is a piece of work isn't she?" he mutters to the others before joining Garrosh in defending against the things. He thought about calling him back and defending the choke point around the door, but these things are so small and fly they'd get past easy. Best to do their best to be the targets while the smarter of them figure out what to do about them... if smashing them isn't the answer.

[occ]Step up to Garrosh, place saving shield on him so +2 ac to the next attack on him and swing at the winged creature, since they are tiny he is not going to use the power attack since he thinks they will be hard to hit[/ooc]

attack winged creature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
confirm crit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Pitor cuts the spiteful winged thing out of the air, bisecting it neatly into two with one well-placed, devastating blow of his longsword. The two halves fall to the dusty floor, as the spectral green radiance surrounding the chair vanishes.


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

Kilarra moves forward to stand beside Garrosh. She readies her sword to attack the first blue bugger that gets within her reach.

Greatsword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Dmg: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 4) + 4 = 11


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

The little blue creatures start hopping about, pointing and chanting spitefully at Pitor and Kilarra."Сізге барлық қарғыс!"

Undercommon:

Doomity doom doom! A Curse upon you all!

Rayland spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Rayland spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Rayland spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Rayland has no idea what they are doing.

Pitor will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Pitor will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Kilarra will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Pitor and Kilarra are able to shake off the sudden feeling of dread that comes over them.

Party up


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

Kilarra sprints forward towards the middle blue creature, her hooves clop violently against the stone floor. With a yell, she hefts her massive sword down upon the thing in the hopes of splitting it in two, or squishing it into jelly.

Charge: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 = 13
Dmg: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 6) + 4 = 13


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Garrosh moves around the table, and wades in on the next bluish creature - "Avast!"

Morningstar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Damage if it hits: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"Avast?!?" Piotr questions Garrosh's battle shout. "Isn't that what pirates yell out when their good and drunk?"

He does this while making his way around the table to try and hack down- - - "What is this thing?" he yells back to Rayland, their knowledgeable one.

Two move actions to get to it I believe.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Kilarra easily splits her little blue humanoid into two with one swing of her greatsword, sending bluish ichor spurting all over the place.

Garrosh crushes the skull of the tiny bluish humanoid, splattering its brains on the floor.

Rayland already tried to identify it but failed


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

I know. Piotr doesn't though. :)


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 | HP 8/8 | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +4 | Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 14, Cha 8 | Perc +2 | Init +8 | Base Atk +0; CMB 0; CMD 12

"I'm not sure, I don't think I've ever seen one before!" the wizard shouts back as he completes his summoning spell and a slightly shimmering eagle appears beside the creature and begins attacking

Talon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Talon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

The shimmering eagle strikes at the creature with its Talon but its Talon doesn't seem to be fully effective. 2 dmg done

The little creature dodges the other Talon strike and its beak.

The little creature draws a tiny dagger then tries to stab the eagle with it, but the eagle dodges out of the way.

dagger: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Party up


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

Kilarra, now wearing blue blood, beats hooves to come around the other side and slam her greatsword down on the remaining blue creature.

Greatsword: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 2 = 17 Flank
Dmg: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 5) + 4 = 13


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"We are not that lady you hate. Do you understand that?!" Piotr says the last sentence, slow and loud as if that makes it easier to understand. Though since he doesn't stop swinging his sword at the thing, he doubts his attempts at talking to it will be taken well.

attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Kilarra cleanly beheads the remaining squat blue creature, splattering the eagle and herself with blue ichor.

As soon as it falls, the table’s mirrored surface once again reflects Lady Illirigarde holding one of the silvery disks in each hand. "Why have you come to this place?" The reflection speaks to the party in a whispering echo.


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

Hmmm... we have lost our face...

Piotr waits to see if anyone else talks, since he has a habit of making a mess of it. After staring blankly at the woman in the mirror, while scratching his chin with the hilt of his sword, he decides they are as flummoxed as he is, so goes for it.

"Well... my lady... you see..." he goes slow since he's considering how to broach the subject.
"Just Tell Her!" Anne barks impatiently.
Okay!" he barked back, unfortunately out loud. "Sorry." he mutters before barreling on "You're dead or thought to be, and we're here investigating how and why."


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 | HP 8/8 | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +4 | Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 14, Cha 8 | Perc +2 | Init +8 | Base Atk +0; CMB 0; CMD 12

"We're here to find out what happened to you, and what is continuing to happen to the town? We have heard stories of Harrow readings gone awry, bizarre weather, curses and more. We would like to know how much of it is true and who hated you enough in life to carve it in your picture, even after your death."


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"I know I'm dead. I was Lady Illirigarde, a occultism of some power. In fact I've clung so long to this fragment of existence...because of my unfinished business in life."The reflection gives a tired sigh."I'm very tired of feeling nothing but cold all the time..."

"While I performed the Harrow reading for Veny, I touched upon a dark presence together with him. I saw a vision of this this tall, skeletal man with white eyes glides down those empty streets and stares at me, his eyes empty and dead, but with a tight, knowing smile on his lips walking out of abandoned Dunlob, accompanied by its residents, now vacant-eyed, drooling husks." The reflection intones in chilling tones. " With my trained will, I broke contact, but Veny wasn't that fortunate and I found him dead of a heart attack as soon as I recovered my senses in the Lucky Lantern. I could not allow this to pass, so I ordered the Lucky Lantern shut down, and was determined to hunt down this dark presence and put an end to it."The reflection explains. "In order to track it down, my first plans were to create a homonculus as a living compass."The reflection makes a face, "I did so, but it proved stubborn and unsuited for the task despite constant "encouragement" on my part. The readings were inconsistent and unreliable, so I abandoned the project, throwing it into a large box covered with skulls."

"So I went on to create two etheric compasses, which worked much better. I was on the verge of pinpointing the source of the dark presence when my former experiment got out of the box and murdered me. The gall! It wouldn't even be here if not for my work in creating it!"The reflection curses vehemently.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

"Do you know why this man wants such fate for the people of Dunlob..?" - Garrosh replies, managing to surpass his own surprise at the fact he is talking to some sort of apparition.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"I'm not even sure if that man is human. I had a premonition that probing its mind would be a very, very bad idea..."The reflection answers.

"Of bizarre weather and curses I do not know of - I am little more then a figment of what I used to be, and maintain only a tenuous tether with Golarion."The reflection replies, it's voice hollow. "It may be a manifestation of that dark presence. In which I plead with you to do what I failed to in life - track it down and destroy it before the nightmare that engulfs Dunlob becomes reality!"


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

"I imagine we will need these etheric compasses to locate him? Do you have any idea where they can be found?" - Garrosh follows up.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"They're with me now. You just need to reach into the table and take them out. However due to having spent so much time on this plane, they are unstable and will evaporate in Golarion unless properly contained."The reflection explains while a silvery disk appears in each of her hands.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Not sure about the link Mort - is there supposed to be a clue in that page? :D

"Would this skull covered box serve that purpose? To contain the compasses?"


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Ahem. What did Havigan give you beside the keys?

"No, it won't do. It is a mundane box and is not attuned to hold the compasses."


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

I read that 10 times and didn't notice the 'two miniature coffin shaped blood red crystalline containers'. Geeeezzzzzz...

Garrosh turns to Rayland - "We may have something appropriate"


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 | HP 8/8 | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +4 | Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 14, Cha 8 | Perc +2 | Init +8 | Base Atk +0; CMB 0; CMD 12

"Yes, I agree. They should do very well indeed - the Count has such amazing foresight." Rayland gushes about their collective employer.

He takes the crystalline containers and makes his way to the table, carefully reaching down to try to scoop the silvery disks into them.

I don't know if that's the right way to go about it

As he does so, he asks:

"Your creation still lives? Is it here in the house and how do we destroy it if it proves.... difficult."


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

"Didn't we just kill it? The flying thing and its blue head companions?" Replies Kilarra, still covered in blue blood.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

The reflection nods in acquiescence when Rayland takes out the crystalline containers, "Those will do nicely. I can feel the etheric containment properties of those containers."

Reaching into the table feels like sticking his hand into a soap bubble, except moving his hands beyond is like moving through cold slime. The silvery disks are strangely warm to touch, and glow briefly blue as Rayland touches them, then the blue glow fades as he pulls them out of the table and places them into the blood-red crystalline coffin containers.

"Now I have charged all of you in hunting down the dark presence, my life's work is finished and I can finally return to the River of Souls and on to the Boneyard to face judgement."The reflection gives a relieved sigh as it dissappears from the table forever, the table returning to normal.


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"You got some right--- nevermind." anticipating a glare from Kilarra, Piotr stops before pointing out where blue head bits are on her.

"If the Count knew so much, why didn't he warn us what we were really after?" Piotr asks Rayland, standing ready to throw his shield in from of the wizard's face if anything explodes out of the box at him when he opens it.

saving shield on Rayland when he opens it


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Rayland peers into the already open box covered with skulls, but nothing happens, the box long empty.

Plot fastfoward – there’s really nothing more to do here

The party explores the mansion but only finds an abandoned dining room, with its decaying furniture, an neglected kitchen, a derelict workroom with its shelves crumbling. The garden at the back is overgrown with weeds and the fountain has become choked and is now a foul smelling, still, greenish-black pool of water. There are no other signs of life other then the weeds at the back of the garden clinging around the corpses of now dead trees. The contents of the house have undergone the ravages of time such as to have rotted to the point of being worthless.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |
Piotr Tataru wrote:

"You got some right--- nevermind." anticipating a glare from Kilarra, Piotr stops before pointing out where blue head bits are on her.

"If the Count knew so much, why didn't he warn us what we were really after?" Piotr asks Rayland, standing ready to throw his shield in from of the wizard's face if anything explodes out of the box at him when he opens it.

saving shield on Rayland when he opens it

"Yeah, I don't really trust the Count. I think he knows more then he's actually letting on." Laelia replies. "I wish you luck with your quest, but I cannot continue helping someone who isn't forthright with his information. Even Lady Illirigarde, the person we were sent to investigate, is of questionable character. I don't like the way things are going. "Laelia bids the party farewell, then departs.

Sorry guys just carrying out orders. Since Laelia was firm about anyone not taking over her character so I need to do a character exit left thing.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Garrosh says his farewells to Laelia, then returns to address the group.

"Well done everyone, at least for now we have managed to carry out what we set ourselves to accomplish" - he nods - "I believe our next step should be contacting the Count with the information we have?"


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 | HP 8/8 | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +4 | Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 14, Cha 8 | Perc +2 | Init +8 | Base Atk +0; CMB 0; CMD 12

"As is your choice." Rayland says. "But I think it a foolish one. Count Lowls has means and knowledge beyond any of us and we should take the opportunity to learn from a man like that, not spurn him."

With that, Rayland withdraws the message stone and sets about contacting his mentor and employer to inform him they are in possession of the etheric compass.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"Well done," Count Lowls voice is filled with warmth and pride. "I knew I entrusted this task to the right people."Rayland can almost see him beaming with at him on the other end.

"I will admit that I am not the person on the grounds, and you know the situation in Dunlob better then I do."Count Lowls says seriously. "If you think there are no more promising leads to investigate there - ask Cain to bring you back to me with the etheric compasses, so I may examine them to see how they work."

Count Lowls pauses for a moment, then continues. "If you think there is more to investigate in Dunlob, stay and keep me informed your further research."


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

Piotr agrees completely with Laelia, but he cannot afford to leave, as leaving might mean the true death of his sister and her long torture in whatever hell the skeletal man takes her to. So he gives the Laelia a nod, smile, and a Good Luck.

And waits to see if they are staying or going, looking to Rayland for the answer.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

"I remember the haunted Lucky Lantern, the manor, the dreams and nightmares - there is definitely something 'off' about those though I have no idea how we could 'investigate' them. And.... I'm sure we all remember those creatures stalking us just a few hours ago?" - Garrosh ponders - "Though those are probably unrelated to the rest - Skulks you called them Rayland?"


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 | HP 8/8 | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +4 | Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 14, Cha 8 | Perc +2 | Init +8 | Base Atk +0; CMB 0; CMD 12

"Something is going on, that's for certain." Rayland says with a faraway look into the fields beyond the manor. "The Lady said she knew nothing of these apparent curses and strange weather. How much of that is folktale and how much is real supernatural occurrence is something we will only discover if we stay."

"But on the other hand, yes. There seem to be creatures stalking us and maybe they are determining our strengths and weaknesses - I have observed such in my studies. And we did just lose one of our number to stubbornness and a lack of ambition." he shrugs.


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

Kilarra does say anything about Laelia's leaving, but it's clear that judgement has already been made.

"I will follow Rayland's lead until either the Count calls us back, or Rayland decides that there's nothing worth investigating here. I don't really care."


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

"Fair enough" - Garrosh grunts at Kilarra with a shrug, then turns back to the others - "Ok then, I would suggest we make a circuit around Dunlob and the Manor, try to find out what these creatures are doing around here" - he offers - "Rayland, any further investigation we can carry out regarding the nightmares?"


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

anything?: 1d2 ⇒ 2

Heading through the foothills back to Dunlob again, the party is passing by the dirt-track next to an outcrop of rocks, when they hear from the rocks, a gruff voice, ”Drop everything you're carrying and we’ll let you leave!”

Garrosh Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Kilarra perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Piotr Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Rayland Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Despite the noise the unseen speaker is making, no one actually spots the unseen speaker.

Slide 6, now what?


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

"Not going to happen" - Garrosh grunts back, drawing his weapon - "We don't deal with robbers. Show yourself!"


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

Piotr doesn't speak but agrees, moving to Rayland to protect him if needed.

saving shield on Rayland

351 to 400 of 747 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Strange Aeons Prequel too! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.