Strange Aeons Prequel too! (Inactive)

Game Master Just a Mort

Strange Aeons Grp 2


201 to 250 of 747 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

"D'you have a doctor or priest in this town?" Asks Kilarra as she hefts her sword over her shoulder.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"Well Malkin might have healing supplies in his shop, otherwise if you need any bones set, try some of the farmers. The cattle can get frisky during spring, so they get some practice setting cattle bones."Peter suggests helpfully while tugging his chin, before continuing, "Granny Willow tends to the shrine of Pharasma. She's never shown any sign of being touched by any higher powers, she's more of a caretaker."


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

"Good morning Peter - I am Garrosh" - the half-orc introduces himself - "Thank you for the assistance and information - could you also point us in the direction of the Lucky Lantern?"

Anything you guys remember we may need to purchase with the gold from Lowls?


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"No problem," Peter replies."I'll bring you to the Lucky Lantern myself."

Peter dutifully shows the party to an abandoned building at the edge of town."This is the Lucky Lantern."He points at the building.

An ornate lantern hangs from a post in front of this derelict building. The doors and windows of the tavern are all boarded shut. Dozens of horseshoes are nailed to the front door.

"We sealed the place as what Lady Illirigarde told us after that terrible night. And Mariscella nailed the horseshoes on to prevent the evil inside from getting out." Peter explains. "Leonard said he saw the adventurer, Wulfer, sneak in by the back door and was never seen again." He adds. "Look, be careful in there, all right?" He warns the party.

"Now I don't want to hang around this accursed place for long," He eyes the Lucky Lantern nervously, as if expecting it to grow claws and teeth,"So I'll be off now," and scurries back to the safety of Dunlob.

The party circles around the building and indeed do find the backdoor unlocked.

Busting up any other window or door to get in requires a DC 15 Str check

Slide 4, backdoor or bust open front door/windows.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Garrosh watches the man scuttying away for a few moments, then turns to the group - "Back door is unlocked - I see no reason why we shouldn't try that first?"


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

The party opens the back door to find a human skeleton in leather armor, with many of its bones crushed. On the skeleton broken hand lies a masterwork rapier, and a decayed bandolier strapped on the leather armor holds 2 flasks of holy water and a pair of masterwork thieves tools. The party finds moldering tables and chairs, beds and crates containing only a foul smell, the food having long since rotted away and barrels containing only vinegar and an abandoned kitchen, where no fires have burned for decades.

The party then opens the door to the Taproom.

A2

This musty common room is coated with thick layers of dust. Dozens of black candles, animal skulls, and occult idols are arranged as decorations through the room. One table near the center of the room is decorated with human skulls and a crystal ball. A spread of harrow cards lies face down on the table and two chairs are pulled up to it. One chair sits empty and the other holds a skeletal corpse. As the party enters the room, the candles light spontaneously and a thin, skeletal man in black robes with dead white eyes appears in the empty chair next to the harrow table.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Piotr:

Ann recoils back as she sees the mysterious figure. 'It's him! Let's get out of here'
She quails with fear and hides deep in Piotr's thoughts.

Then the thin, skeletal black robed man begins to speak, his voice deep. "Welcome, travelers. Have you come to seek the wisdom of my harrow reading? These are strange times and those without guidance risk great peril. Stand before my table and learn your fate.”

Rayland knowledge religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Laelia knowledge religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Kilarra knowledge religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Garrosh knowledge religion: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

No one has any idea what that man could be.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Giving the others a chance to pipe in.

Added the stuff we found to the Loot List. I'll just stick to the bookkeeping as clearly knowledge is not my thing :P


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

Kilarra wrestles out the flasks of holy water from the bandolier.

"Tell us why we shouldn't smite you where you sit, undead scum." Replies Kilarra.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

The thin, black robed man gives Kilarra a cold smile. "Because that would be entirely futile."

"Come stand before the table."He repeats himself, firmly.


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

Piotr draws his sword, "It is him. The thing from Matthew's dream! The THING that KILLED my Sister!" Piotr doesn't rush to attack, instead steps between him and the others, shield ready.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Garrosh is taken by surprise by Piotr words, but still he steps forward and next to the man, addressing the black robed one - "We are close enough - say your piece"


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

The black robed man shifts himself to stand next to the harrow table, this time facing the party, then places nine cards onto the table in a square and flips the cards in the left column, looking at them, then showing the party the harrow card depicting, The Queen Mother then The Publican and finally The Eclipse, reciting ominously, while looking at the party, ”The Eclipse is strong in the past. This card represents loss of purpose. I see a creature that fell from its original path. Now it wanders blindly, far afield under shadows of the mind.”

The black robed man leaves the cards in the left column open for the party to see, then picks up the cards in the centre column, from top to bottom, looks at it, then revealing to the party the harrow cards depicting The Owl, The Lost, The Midwife. ”Ahhh, The Midwife.” He gives a breathy sigh.”She is the conduit of creation, but she does not create alone. I see a creature in the present that also creates many things. It dreams of strange places and uses its mind to make these places real. But the Midwife is misaligned. The world will not like what this creature makes.” His words end with a note of warning.

Then the black robed man leaves the cards in the centre column open for the party to see, then picks up the cards, from top to bottom in the right column, looks at them, then shows the party the harrow card depicting The Winged Serpent, The Carnival and The Mute Hag. ”The Carnival is a card of illusions and false dreams. Danger lies in your future, but it is not the danger you expect. The Carnival is the most important card for you because it is a card for fools. It was foolish to come here…”The figure gives a hollow, chilling laugh as he abruptly vanishes and the candles flicker out. The six skulls on the table animate, with two burning with unholy fire as they fly to attack the party.

Rayland init: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Garrosh init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Piotr init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Kilarra init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Laelia init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
skulls init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

For Flaming skulls

Rayland knowledge religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Laelia knowledge religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Kilarra knowledge religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Garrosh knowledge religion: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Kilarra recognizes the flaming skulls as flaming beheaded

For Normal skulls

Rayland knowledge religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Laelia knowledge religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Kilarra knowledge religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Garrosh knowledge religion: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Rayland, Laelia and Kilarra recognize the normal skulls as beheaded

Init roll off

Piotr init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
skulls init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Garrosh up, then skulls. Slide 4


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

I thought we were a tad closer to the table with the Harrow Deck. Also Mort, I believe me and Piotr had taken up position between the black robed man and the group? Last question: we have a wall between us and the skeletal heads?


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

I expect you lot to move your own minis. And none of you moved your minis so I thought you wanted to trigger the encounter where you were, like from far away.

I have now moved you up, if you aren't happy with it go ahead and move again.

Also, yes you do have a wall between you and skeletal heads, but the door is open. They fly.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Thanks for the adjustments Mort - won't forget to update icon positioning next time.

Actually, just checked the map and it is View only for me :D

Garrosh steps forward and swings his morningstar at the first flying head - "All this was just trickery then?!" - he roars.

Morningstar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Damage if it hits: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Edited, you should be able to edit now. Sorry about my luddite nature striking again.

Garrosh tries to clobber the little flying skull, but he hits only empty air. The little animated skulls do not answer him.

One flying flaming skull and two flying normal skulls attack Garrosh and he swots at the flaming beheaded as it gets close.

AOO morningstar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
flaming beheaded strike: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
flaming beheaded strike confirm: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
dmg: 1d2 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + (3) = 5
beheaded strike: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
beheaded strike: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Garrosh gets headbutted by the flaming beheaded and narrowly manages to dodge another headbutt by a beheaded, though the other clangs off his armor. 5 points dmg to Garrosh

The other flying flaming skull and two other flying skulls go after Piotr.

flaming beheaded strike: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
dmg: 1d2 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + (4) = 6
beheaded strike: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
beheaded strike: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
dmg: 1d2 ⇒ 1

Piotr is slammed by the flaming skull and another normal flying skull though he blocks one of them off with his shield. 7 dmg to Piotr

Party up

Also missed giving a knowledge check earlier for the skulls

Rayland, Laelia and Kilarra realize that these skulls, although undead have a connection to something out there which makes them vulnerable to mind affecting effects.

Dream-Wracked (Ex) Due to their bond to something out there, these creatures are vulnerable to mind-affecting effects despite being undead and suffer twice as much damage from damaging divinations.


F Night-born (Moon May) Changeling Cleric of Desna 1| AC 15/17, T12/14, FF13/15| HP 9/9, F+2/+4, R+1, W+5 | CMB +0, CMD 11| Init +1, Perc. +4, Darkvision 60ft | 0/6 Channel Positive Energy

It all seemed to have happened so fast. Leila cast Shield of Faith on herself (AC is now 17) and moved carefully through the open doorway into the room with her companions and the Beheaded, positioning herself closer, but not too close to the fight.

Standard Action: Cast SoF on herself
Move Action: 40ft into the room (token moved on map)

Active Effects: Shield of Faith : +2 deflection bonus to AC for 1 minute (Round 1 of 10)


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 | HP 8/8 | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +4 | Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 14, Cha 8 | Perc +2 | Init +8 | Base Atk +0; CMB 0; CMD 12

Rayland is hardly able to compose himself that morning, following a long night with Matthew. He is still getting his thoughts in order and wiping sleep from his bleary eyes when the group approaches the old abandoned building.

Then all of a sudden the air is filled with screeching and the sounds of battle.

He steps into the room and seeing the group assaulted by Beheaded, unleashes a beam of white light at one of them.

Disrupt Undead: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 - 2 = 16
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Aiming at Yellow


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Rayland sends a beam of white light onto the yellow beaded, damaging it. 2 dmg to yellow


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

Kilarra hustles over to Piotr to attack the flying heads, but she's too far away to be of immediate use.

"Be careful of your clothes. The flaming ones can ignite your stuff!"


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

Piotr would like to use Saving Shield on the first companion adjacent to him that is attacked next turn. +2 ac at the cost of his swift action next round

Piotr grunts in pain at the skull rams into him. He tries to swing at the undead thing between him and Kilarra, with little chance of hitting.

attack yellow, possessed hand and power attack, flanked: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 = 12
damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

The wily little skull dodges out of the way.


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

bad skull...


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Garrosh took a step aside (if he can do so without risking AoOs) and swung his weapon at the fiery skeletal head.

Morningstar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Damage if it hits: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

They have no reach, so go ahead.

Garrosh crushes the flaming skull with one powerful blow of his morningstar, but the other two continue to try to headbutt him, and he swots one out of the air as it approaches. The other clangs harmlessly off his armor.

morningstar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
dmg: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

slam: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

The flaming skull and two other skulls continue to headbutt Piotr.

slam: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
slam: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
slam: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Pitor blocks and dodges the skulls assault.

Party up


F Night-born (Moon May) Changeling Cleric of Desna 1| AC 15/17, T12/14, FF13/15| HP 9/9, F+2/+4, R+1, W+5 | CMB +0, CMD 11| Init +1, Perc. +4, Darkvision 60ft | 0/6 Channel Positive Energy

Laelia moved around the tables carefully, keeping out of the way of the Beheaded.

She clasped the wooden butterfly holy symbol in hand and raised it, calling to the Great Dreamer in her mind, //North Star, Mother Moon, send down the light from the starry heavens to fill this chamber and wound these Undead creatures.//

A tingling wave of energy flowed out from the holy symbol.

Channel Positive Energy 1 to deal damage to Undead: 1d6 ⇒ 5 (Will Save DC 11 for half damage.)

Move action: 40ft
Standard action: Channel Positive Energy to damage Undead creatures in a 30-foot radius centered on Laelia. (I think that catches all the remaining Beheaded?)

===

Active Effects: Shield of Faith : +2 deflection bonus to AC (Laelia's AC now 17) for 1 minute (Round 2 of 10). Used Channel Energy 1 out of 6 times this day.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Flaming beheaded will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
beheaded will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
beheaded will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
beheaded will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

As Laelia sends a burst of holy energy surging out from her, the yellow beheaded and the green beheaded crash to the ground, the necromantic energies animating them dissipated by Laelia's holy energy.

2 dmg to flaming beheaded and blue beheaded


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

Kilarra sidesteps slightly towards Garrosh while deftly swinging her sword at the flaming beheaded attacking Piotr.

Greatsword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Dmg: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1) + 4 = 7


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

Piotr nods in thanks as Kilarra's sword slams down on the head, as well as a shining lights of Laelia and Rayland. He slips to the side to help Garrosh.

I think you'll get a flanking bonus Kilarra, wouldn't you? Not that you'd need it though

attack, possessed hand and power attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Also saving shield again to the first companion adjacent attacked


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Kilarra cleaves the offending flaming skull into two with one well placed blow of her sword.

The skull Piotr attacks however, bobs out of the way.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Again Garrosh takes a step and swings - "Down!"

Morningstar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Damage if it hits: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Garrosh smashes the last little skull to smithereens. The party find a faint blue glow emitting from the table and realize it is a deck of harrow cards stacked together. They also find that the Harrow cards spread on the table despite their previous reading, lie face down, instead of face up after the black robed man had revealed it to the party and left them there.

The party only find an abandoned taproom with moldering tables and chairs, the surfaces thick with dust, except where the party had disturbed it. Where the black robed man had sat and moved - there is still a thick layer of dust, as if no one was there. The adjoining room looks like it once used to be a stable but has not seen use for a long time.

Other then then grabbing the Harrow deck, no lewt here.


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"Was it all an illusion?" Piotr wonders aloud, then winces as he moves his shoulder where the skull had 'headbutted' him. "Not all of it at least."

Piotr will step up to the cards, flipping them over to see if they are in the order the black robed man had revealed them.

"I think the corpse at the back door might be the missing Wulfer. Why he was crushed as he was, and what that thing was that isn't here anymore... I'm out of my depth."


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

The cards, strangely enough, are in the order that the black robed man revealed them. There is also a thick layer of dust on the cards, as if they haven't been touched for a long time.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

"Definitely feels like an illusion" - Garrosh agrees - "Even if those skeleton heads were not..." - he adds, then turns to Piotr with a raised eyebrow - "Do you know the man we saw?"


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

Piotr shrugs, unwilling to mention his sister screaming in his head "He matches the description of the man in everyone's dreams. My sister's as well. Other then that, no."

Are the shattered bone's from the skeleton heads still around?


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

The shattered bones from the skeleton heads are still around.


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

"I want to check the rest of this place out. The undead won't scare me with voodoo card reading." Says Kilarra as she shoulders her greatsword again.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Kilarra checks out the rest of the abandoned inn, including going up the stairs, which creak alarmingly under the weight. She finds on the second floor, a corridor thick with dust and 6 other rooms furnished with a bed, a table, a chair and chest of drawers and a wardrobe. 4 rooms have peasant outfits in their wardrobes, however they have been eaten by worms and have large holes so as to be worthless. The bedsheets are in similar condition and the contents of the chest of drawers are now unrecognizable due to decay. She also finds a washcloset at the end of the corridor, but there is nothing of value in it. There are no signs of the place being used for a while.

Sorry, nothing else to be found here.


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

Piotr will stay close to Laelia and Rayland in case something else decides to pop out and try and kill them.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

To Piotr's immense relief, the abandoned tavern is now as quiet as a graveyard, and nothing pops out to kill them.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

"I wonder if the place will now remain quiet, or if this ghost or whatever it was will come back again?" - Garrosh ponders - "In any case we should take this" - he adds, grabbing the deck.

Gonna take the deck so it is in our possession - anyone feel free to take it though. Garrosh hasn't much use for it :D

Also, I guess I'm good to leave once the place is checked out by Kilarra.

Piotr Tataru wrote:
Piotr shrugs, unwilling to mention his sister screaming in his head "He matches the description of the man in everyone's dreams. My sister's as well. Other then that, no."

"Everyone's dreams? What do you mean? I thought it was only Matthew?"


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 | HP 8/8 | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +4 | Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 14, Cha 8 | Perc +2 | Init +8 | Base Atk +0; CMB 0; CMD 12

"An illusion or a haunt or undead creatures or some combination of all three. Perhaps there is more to this that we aren't seeing yet." Rayland muses. "if everyone is alright then I think I will report our progress to the Count and suggest we move on."


F Night-born (Moon May) Changeling Cleric of Desna 1| AC 15/17, T12/14, FF13/15| HP 9/9, F+2/+4, R+1, W+5 | CMB +0, CMD 11| Init +1, Perc. +4, Darkvision 60ft | 0/6 Channel Positive Energy

Laelia had remained silent after the last Beheaded was defeated and all that remained were some bones. Don't speak too soon, Laelia.

She waited beside the males as Kilarra investigated the remainder of the abandoned inn. Seeing Garrosh take the deck from the table, she quietly advised, "Wrap them in some cloth before you stow them away. I am fine with moving on from here once Kilarra returns."


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Garrosh nodded at Laelia, and did as suggested - "Do you want to keep it?" - he inquired.


F Night-born (Moon May) Changeling Cleric of Desna 1| AC 15/17, T12/14, FF13/15| HP 9/9, F+2/+4, R+1, W+5 | CMB +0, CMD 11| Init +1, Perc. +4, Darkvision 60ft | 0/6 Channel Positive Energy

She gave a small smile and nodded at Garrosh. "I can stow them in my pack until someone in the party has need of them." Removing a smaller scarf/shawl from her pack, Laelia placed the covered cards within it; lightly knotting the ends of the shawl so the cards would not slip out, before stowing them at the bottom of the bag.

(I just re-read your post, Garrosh, where you covered the cards. Sorry I missed that bit (tired eyes miss things). It's okay - I adjusted my post a little bit - she's probably trying to keep from touching them directly at this point, so keeping them inside a shawl makes sense to her (double protection). ;) Haha.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Double protection is always solid thinking ;)

Garrosh places the package under Laelia's care as they prepare to leave the haunted ruin.


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 | HP 8/8 | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +4 | Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 14, Cha 8 | Perc +2 | Init +8 | Base Atk +0; CMB 0; CMD 12

"I suggest the Manor is our next logical destination. Do you agree?" Rayland says to the group, without singling any one of them out


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

"Agreed"

201 to 250 of 747 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Strange Aeons Prequel too! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.