Strange Aeons Prequel too! (Inactive)

Game Master Just a Mort

Strange Aeons Grp 2


701 to 747 of 747 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

|HP: 30/30 (4NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 2/6 | Active conditions: TB: +5(6)[7], 2d6+2+3(+1)[+2] |

Caraid crosses without difficulty although he does look around as he does so. "Why is the lady so sad?" He asks Garrosh once safely on the other side. "It seemed like she knows you."


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"We met her in her mansion. Well the already dead her. Thank you mam" Piotr adds the last bit for the healing.


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

Kilarra follows after the rest, just barely crossing without issue. She's having a hard time wrestling through these strange hallucinations.

Take 10 for a total of 10.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Three hours of climbing up the dirt trail up Diremark mountain later, through pouring winds and rain, they finally arrive at the peak, and see a glowing cave entrance 100 feet ahead of them. They also begin to hear strange murmurs in their minds.

"Seeds chaos...arise of."

"Sprout blight flowers from."

"Kingdom gateways beyond my lies the."

"Era Servitors New of."

"Entwines Destiny Ours Are."

"Attempt your is escape fate futile to."


|HP: 30/30 (4NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 2/6 | Active conditions: TB: +5(6)[7], 2d6+2+3(+1)[+2] |

Caraid seems utterly unperturbed by the voices in his head and presses on. "Usually I get images, and they don't speak backwards." He says, but presses on anyway.

Yeah - voices in his head, all in a days work! :)


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Caraid only:

Caraid suddenly feels a image of a tall, skeletal man in a black robe with hollow dead eyes pop into his head. Then a flash of fear at the image.

Green luminescence shines from the fungi on the walls of this cave, while the winds outside create an animal-like howl as they whip past the entrance. A narrow path runs along the northern edge, and deep chasm slick with moisture splits it form another ledge to its south. To the east is a bridge, fuzzy with green mold. The cave itself is cool, and the air is still. The chasm between the west walkway and the eastern ledge is twenty feet deep. At the bottom are various bones and broken gear. At the end of the bridge is a swollen, brainlike bulb encrusted with fungal shelves squats atop several ropy legs. A wide mouth bisects the bulb’s crown.

Auryl will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Garrosh will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Kilarra will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Piotr will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Caraid will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Rozalia will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Auryl:

As you approach, you see an image of the hangman's noose on your neck and feel it tighten.

You are so shaken by the sight that you take a -2 penalty on all attack rolls

Kilarra:

As you approach, you see your regiment being slaughtered by the ghouls and ghasts. You see [url=https://paizo.com/campaigns/v5748p75ivjy7/gameplay&page=13#637]your rookie paralyzed with a single bite, then ripped apart with tooth and claw. The ghouls ate his face, tore it with their teeth to expose his jaw bone, then skewered his eyes out with their claws.

You are so shaken by the sight that you take a -2 penalty on all attack rolls

Rozalia:

As you approach, you see Caraid being tied to a stake, with firewood all around him. "Burn him! He's an evil warlock!" The mob screams for Caraid's blood, as someone throws a lit torch onto the the firewood, setting it on fire. As the flames lick close to Caraid, he begins to plead for mercy, as tears roll down his cheeks, screaming, "Ma! Help me!"

You are so shaken by the sight that you take a -2 penalty on all attack rolls

The rest of the party finds that the air around the swollen brainlike bulb encrusted with fungal shelves seems to shimmer with something.

Caraid init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Garrosh init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Piotr init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Rozalia init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Kilarra init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Auryl init: 1d20 ⇒ 13
Creature init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Rozalia knowledge nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Rozalia recognizes the brain like bulb as a cerebric fungus,a a race of carnivorous, intelligent fungi native to a distant planet.

A cerebric fungus constantly scans the minds of those around it, projecting around itself a confusing collage of images gleaned from their thoughts. Creatures that can see the fungus must succeed at a Will save or take a -2 penalty on attack rolls. This is a mind-affecting effect.

It has fast healing 2 and can give a star shriek.

Once per day as a full-round action, a cerebric fungus can unleash a shrill scream of madness. All creatures (except other cerebric fungi) within 30 feet must make a Will save or be nauseated for 1d4 rounds. This is a sonic, mind-affecting effect.

The fungus moves up towards the bridge then readies an action.

Slide 10


Female NG Human (Varisian) Witch 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1  

"Caraid!" Rozalia cries out, tears welling in her eyes. She sees her son nearby, unharmed, and quickly realizes what the strange creature is. "It's a cerebric fungus! It's using our fears against us!"

She draws upon the key lines and casts a spell, firing a coruscating ray at the monster.

Caster Level Bonus: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 - 2 = 11
Strength Penalty: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Fortitude DC 12: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Use conduit surge and cast ray of enfeeblement. The fungus takes a -4 penalty to Strength for 2 rounds (or -2 with a DC 15 Fortitude save.

Just realized my save bonuses are wrong in my status bar. Can't fix them on my iPad, will correct them Monday morning.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Fort save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

The cerebric fungus shrugs off some of the effects of Rozalia's spell.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8
Caraid wrote:
Caraid crosses without difficulty although he does look around as he does so. "Why is the lady so sad?" He asks Garrosh once safely on the other side. "It seemed like she knows you."

"I can only assume it was an illusion of some sort Caraid" - Garrosh replies - "We 'met' Lady Illirigarde, or a manifestation of her spirit, back in Dunlob - yet she was at peace now, and should have departed to the Boneyard to face her judgment. So I do not believe this was 'her', but something else"

-------------

--Now--

"I have never encountered such monstrosity" - Garrosh growls, moving to the side, and unleashing an arrow across the chasm.

Shortbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Damage if it hits: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Shortbow crit?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Additional damage if it crits: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

Killara runs as fast as she can to reach her shield brother, who is being attacked by ghouls. She runs across the bridge with reckless abandon, and past the weird brain bulb. Definitely an enemy, but right now she needs to help. As she runs, she yells "Get off of him! No! Stop!!"

I should be flat-footed for the AoO


|HP: 30/30 (4NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 2/6 | Active conditions: TB: +5(6)[7], 2d6+2+3(+1)[+2] |

Caraid shivers at the figure in his mind and then jumps nearly out of his skin as his mother yells at him. Spinning around to look at her he's caught out when combat begins.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

He begins tearing away the fungus without moving a finger.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Garrosh sends an arrow flying through the creature's brain splattering greenish ichor out of the wound, as Kilarra runs forth, the creature snaps at her as she approaches and as she moves past with its many pointed teeth.

bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
dmg: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
dmg: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

7 dmg to Kilarra, yes it readied to bite the first person to come in range.

Pieces of the fungus fall out of it as Caraid gestures.

21 dmg done


"No, no, no, no! No more hangings! NO MORE HANGINGS!"

Like a man possessed, Auryl starts slinging fire at the disgusting form of the brain bulb. The scent of soot fills the air as balls of fire fly about.

Std action: attack using Firebolt domain power
Move action: move up

Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 - 6 ⇒ (8) - 6 = 2
Fire Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Rolling high on attacks is so overrated.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Auryl's firebolt flies too far to the right off the creature causing a scorch mark on the cave floor.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

It seems we have a lot of ranged attackers after all - should I re-purpose Garrosh for melee combat? (Mort allowing of course :D)


|HP: 30/30 (4NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 2/6 | Active conditions: TB: +5(6)[7], 2d6+2+3(+1)[+2] |

Caraid is and always will be ranged - if I take KBlade/KWhip I can be melee but ranged is easier. Aurl has fire-y ranged skills. Rozalia has spells. You recruited range in spades! :)


Auryl has STR 14 and DEX 10, but he can't close the gap right now so opts to poke the enemy with fire. Unsuccessfully :(


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

If you can do so without changing your character sheet, go ahead =P If you need retraining that's fine as long as you pay retraining costs since there's time before Strange Aeons starts.


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

Voices are not that new to Piotr, and Ann even tries to enrage them in conversation. Unsuccessfully, much to happy sanity of both of them.

In the fight he delays at the sheer oddity of the thing. Thugs, gangers, and the occasional orc was all they faced in the city. The variety of the opponents out here is taking getting used to. Still, swinging one's sword was the same if it was a human with a club or some brain fungus thing. So he charges.

attack with charge and power attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

ac reduced by 2. Will use the saving shield on Kilarra when the critter attacks again.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

The creature falls under Piotr's sword strike, then some of its wounds heal as it gets up again and gives a shrill scream of madness.

Auryl will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Garrosh will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Kilarra will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Caraid will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Piotr will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Rozalia will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

duration: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Everyone except Garrosh and Kilarra feel as if their eardrums are about to burst, sending waves of nausea through them.

Party up, everyone except Garrosh and Kilarra are nauseated for 4 rounds.


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

Killara finally realizes that she's been tricked, and while still shaken from the sight, steels herself against the brain thing's next onslaught of madness. With an exceptional amount of embarrassment, Kilarra bursts into a rage and brings her sword down on the brain.

Greatsword, shaken: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 - 2 = 9
Dmg: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 5) + 4 = 13


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Kilarra does not manage to get a good angle to cut into the surprisingly tough membrane of the brain.


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

Membrain


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

Piotr stumbles back from the creature, his stomach heaving, as his ears throb with pain.

5 foot step back


|HP: 30/30 (4NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 2/6 | Active conditions: TB: +5(6)[7], 2d6+2+3(+1)[+2] |

Garrosh and Kilara might as well roll four rounds then. The rest of us can't do anything!


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Fleeing screaming could also work =P


|HP: 30/30 (4NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 2/6 | Active conditions: TB: +5(6)[7], 2d6+2+3(+1)[+2] |

Surely falling down and puking out ones guts is more appropriate to nauseated?

"Ma. I don't feel so good!" Caraid manages, looking somewhat green.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Garrosh steels his resolve against the horrendous shriek, and manages to stay in the fight.

With no longer a clear shot, he drops the bow and wades in on their foe, now fully in a battle trance - "Down monstrosity!"

Free: Drop bow and controlled Rage. Move toward the cerebric fungus while drawing the morningstar and attack.

Morningstar 2h: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Damage if it hits: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

As Garrosh approaches, a tendril snakes out and attempts to coil around his ankle to trip him, but Garrosh hops out of the way, and squishes the brain, sending greenish ichor and grey matter splattering over himself and Kilarra.

trip: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

In the chasm the party spots that there might be some salvageable items in the pile of bones and broken gear.


Female NG Human (Varisian) Witch 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1  

Rozalia falls protectively over Caraid, struggling to keep her own breakfast down. "It'll be okay, Caraid. It'll be okay."

And eventually, it is. The witch takes a few deep breaths and gets to her feet. "Is it dead?"


|HP: 30/30 (4NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 2/6 | Active conditions: TB: +5(6)[7], 2d6+2+3(+1)[+2] |

Once the heaving stops Caraid volunteers to go down into the chasm. "I'm not too heavy, so if someone gives me a rope you can all lift me back up again?"


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Yep it's dead. Garrosh hit it right to its con mod.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8
Rozalia Tilescu wrote:

Rozalia falls protectively over Caraid, struggling to keep her own breakfast down. "It'll be okay, Caraid. It'll be okay."

And eventually, it is. The witch takes a few deep breaths and gets to her feet. "Is it dead?"

"It is" - Garrosh confirms, going back to retrieve his bow - "Is everyone ok?" - he looks over his companions, with an added concerned look at Caraid.

Caraid wrote:
Once the heaving stops Caraid volunteers to go down into the chasm. "I'm not too heavy, so if someone gives me a rope you can all lift me back up again?"

"You want to go down there? Amidst the corpse remains?" - the concern gives way to surprise - "Are you sure?" - the half-orc looks at Rozalia for confirmation.


Female NG Human (Varisian) Witch 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1  

"We'll watch over him from up here, in case anything dangerous is lurking below," Rozalia says, trusting in her son. She casts a spell and scans the lower level for magical auras.

Cast detect magic.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

"Very well" - Garrosh assists in lowering Caraid down into the chasm.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Caraid finds among the remains a fiery glowing bead, a masterwork composite longbow(+2 str), a potion, a scrollcase containing a scroll, a pearl, a chain shirt, a masterwork bastard sword and 250 gold pieces.

Rozalia identifies the scroll as a scroll of glitterdust, the pearl as a pearl of power, the potion as a potion of cure moderate wounds, but is unable to identify what the glowing bead is.

Take 10 on spellcraft done


"No wonder the Count ain't here 'imself and has us grunts out here instead," Auryl complains about his brain stops feeling like someone picked it up and shook it in a violent manner.

The priest stops his complaining to tend to Killara's injuries and lets the warmth and fire of his Goddess wash over the foul-blooded tiefling.

Channel Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Channel Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 1 rerolling the 1
Channel Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Auryl heals the party (but namely Killara) for 5. He has two remaining uses of Channel Energy for the day.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Taking a moment to look over his own old and damaged bastard sword, Garrosh observes the one they have found - "A good weapon" - he nods, passing it over for his companions to examine.

Loot list updated. I'll grab the bow if that is ok with you guys? :D

Mort, the path continues past the bridge?


Female NG Human (Varisian) Witch 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1  

"I can use this scroll. Auryl, would you like the pearl? It will allow you to recall a spell you've already cast once per day. I'm afraid this last bead's purpose remains a mystery for now."


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

The bridge leads to the platform where the Cerebric fungus was. The whole place is one big cavern. Basically you guys are done here but I'll move stuff later.


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

Piotr decides to make sure on the brain thing, stabing it a couple more times and hacking its legs off. "In case it'd playing dead rat just to jump on one of ours back later and scream. I think I'll have nightmares about that scream for the rest of my days." he shakes his head as if trying to dislodge it.

And helps with lowering the boy down. Can't use a bastard sword and a shield, so no requesting of any of the loot.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

As the party heads out after searching the cavern, they find that the air is now calm and still. The storm has ceased, though the sky is still overcast. A thin ray of sunlight bursts through a break in the gray clouds, illuminating the cave entrance, as if something great had just taken place there.

The party returns to Dunlob, and hear that the occult occurrences have ceased. No longer do people dream about the thin skeletal man, nor does red lightning flash in the hills. Mariscella is so glad of the party ridding Dunlob of the scourge that she presents the party with a heirloom of the family, a fieldplate with an owl emblazoned on it. The party takes Cain's coach back to Thrushmoor, happy that they have helped better the lives of the people of Dunlob.

The party returns to the guesthouse, a well appointed lounge including a brick fireplace, a mahogany table with six matching chairs and an antique sideboard near the foot of the stairs. A liquor cabinet stands against the wall at the foot of the stairs leading upwards. Count Lowls is in the lounge waiting for them.

Count Lowls addresses the party, "I take it that the research project ended well? Now, tell me what you've discovered..."

Screen fade to black


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8
GM Mort wrote:
As the party heads out after searching the cavern, they find that the air is now calm and still. The storm has ceased, though the sky is still overcast. A thin ray of sunlight bursts through a break in the gray clouds, illuminating the cave entrance, as if something great had just taken place there.

"Something seems to feel... Different" - Garrosh comments to the others as they move outside into the sunlight.

GM Mort wrote:
The party returns to Dunlob, and hear that the occult occurrences have ceased. No longer do people dream about the thin skeletal man, nor does red lightning flash in the hills. Mariscella is so glad of the party ridding Dunlob of the scourge that she presents the party with a heirloom of the family, a fieldplate with an owl emblazoned on it. The party takes Cain's coach back to Thrushmoor, happy that they have helped better the lives of the people of Dunlob.

"It is good to know things are taking a turn for the best" - Garrosh nods and chuckles at Mariscella - "Even though we started on the wrong foot"

GM Mort wrote:

The party returns to the guesthouse, a well appointed lounge including a brick fireplace, a mahogany table with six matching chairs and an antique sideboard near the foot of the stairs. A liquor cabinet stands against the wall at the foot of the stairs leading upwards. Count Lowls is in the lounge waiting for them.

Count Lowls addresses the party, "I take it that the research project ended well? Now, tell me what you've discovered..."

Screen fade to black

During the trip...

"So what do you make of this?" - Garrosh asks the others - "That aberration we encountered. Do you think its influence could have extended so far away, as to affect everyone in the area, including me?"- he ponders - "It appears so, but... I don't know..." - the half-orc grunts.


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

"To hell if I know." Replies Kilarra regarding Garrosh's last question. "But it's dead, so that's what counts. The people are happy that all the weird s+~# is gone, and the Count will be happy that we salvaged the mission even with some dropouts. I've had far worse debriefings."


|HP: 30/30 (4NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 2/6 | Active conditions: TB: +5(6)[7], 2d6+2+3(+1)[+2] |

"There are things out there that can do almost anything..." Caraid says dreamily. He's sketching again, the landscape with a brilliant sunrise. "We got rid of it though. That's good."


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |
Garrosh wrote:

"It is good to know things are taking a turn for the best" - Garrosh nods and chuckles at Mariscella - "Even though we started on the wrong foot"

"Yeah, I am really sorry for trying to run you guys out of town, and I am glad that your hearts are big enough to forgive us." Mariscella says ruefully. "If not, we would have still had been under the thrall of that evil creature up in the mountains."


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

New Gameplay thread here

701 to 747 of 747 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Strange Aeons Prequel too! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.