Strange Aeons Prequel too! (Inactive)

Game Master Just a Mort

Strange Aeons Grp 2


551 to 600 of 747 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Dinner is Black bean stew with chopped capsicum, tomatoes and onion and the apple cider is thick and creamy, if a little tart, but the ale is watery and flat.

The rooms themselves are undecorated, and quite bare, each only having writing desk, a wardrobe, chest of drawers and a bed, made out of the same dark coloured willow. Strangely enough, the windows can be barred from within, and have heavy gray curtains. The bedsheets are grey, but appear clean enough and are made out of roughly woven cotton. Each level has communal wash closets and bathing facilities.

The night passes uneventfully and the next morning after a breakfast of bread,cheese, cucumbers and fried eggs, and watery, almost tasteless tea, the party sets of for Granny Willow's shrine.

The shrine is made out of stone, a small mausoleum like structure, overlooking a large graveyard. Entering the shrine, of which an altar of Pharasma stands at the back, the party is greeted by a wrinkled old woman in simple white robes and a symbol of a spiraling comment at her belt, which Kilarra and Rozalia identify as the holy symbol of Pharasma. She has a mop of curly white hair and looks surprisingly vigorous despite her advanced age. The party also sees a door at the back of the shrine, closed.

"Hello Garrosh, I see you're looking a lot better. Do those wounds still pain you?" Granny Willow asks Garrosh.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

"I am feeling much better thank you" - Garrosh nods at Granny Willow - "Thank you again for your help" - he adds - "As agreed, I am here to assist you, and I have brought a few companions with me - you already know Piotr and Kilarra, but these here are Rozalia and her son - Caraid. And that is Auryl"

I am assuming at one point or another Kilarra has met Granny Willow around Dunlob somewhere.

And Mort... Laelia and Rayland are no longer with us ;)


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Good point. But also going for dinner =P

"Welcome to Dunlob. And I'm glad you are willing to help us." Granny Willow greets Rozalia, Caraid and Auryl. "A few days ago, I was given a vision of the ancient Kellid ruins and a monolith. Presumably Pharasma wants me to do something there," she briefs the party, "But I also know they are dangerous. Come in and I'll show you the maps I have."


Female NG Human (Varisian) Witch 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1  

Rozalia curtsies to Willow. "Pleased to meet you, Grandmother."

She follows the cleric inside to look at the maps.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"Pleased to meet you too, Rozalia," Granny Willow answers.

Granny Willow indicates to the door at the back and she opens it revealing a small room smelling of eucalyptus and pine coming from an incense burner on a writing desk, a pallet, a bookshelf filled with books on human anatomy, religious texts on Pharasma, and a few books on divination, a wardrobe. On one side of the fireplace there is a kettle on it. An open window with grey curtains provides light and ventilation to the room.

Granny Willow takes out a book, labelled, "Geography of Dunlob" , then starts looking at the map, with a red circle around a block of stones in the foothills, pronouncing, "About half a day from Dunlob, in the foothills, west of Dunlob."


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Mort, does the map show any roads, or the path to get there simply takes us through the wild?


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

The map shows a dirt track through the foothills.

Which means you're still going through the wilds =)


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Hehe, deal.

"It seems we have a path to take us there - the trek itself shouldn't pose much of an issue it seems. Depending on what we come across along the way"

Giving the others a chance to pipe in - don't think Garrosh has much more to ask about for now.


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"Dangerous? Any idea how or with what?" Piotr asks with the proper amount of respect for a person who saved one of their lives.

Also Piotr would like to buy some basic exploring type supplies, rope, torches and such. If that is okay Mort.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"Well, there might be unquiet dead, bandits or what monsters have you lurking in the foothillls... "Granny Willow replies. "Someone the other day was talking about a six-legged stork the size of a hawk."

knowledge arcana Rozalia: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Rozalia thinks that someone in question might be talking about a gryph. It is a hawk-sized avian looks much like a six-legged stork. They like to swoop down, latch on to the target, and implant their eggs directly into its flesh. The eggs quicken swiftly once implanted, and gryph chicks hatch forth mere minutes later in a bloody birth that is often fatal to the host.

Implant eggs

Once per day, a gryph can implant eggs into a helpless target or a target it is grappling. As a full-round action, the gryph extends an ovipositor from its abdomen and penetrates the victim’s flesh by making a successful sting attack (+5 melee). On a hit, the ovipositor deals 1 point of damage and implants 1d4 eggs in the victim. The eggs draw nutrients from the target’s flesh, and give the target the sickened condition. The eggs grow swiftly, hatching in a mere 1d4 minutes into ravenous gryph chicks that immediately burrow out of the victim’s body. This deals 2 points of Constitution damage per gryph chick, after which the hatchlings immediately take wing and fly away (if needed, use game statistics for a bat familiar to represent a hatchling). Removing implanted eggs requires a DC 20 Heal check (a full-round action); each attempt deals 1 hit point of damage. Although immunity to disease offers no special protection against gryph egg implantation, remove disease, heal, or similar effects automatically destroy any implanted gryph eggs.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Piotr heads to "Malkins General Goods", which is not very different from the rest of the huts of Dunlob except that its interior is filled with shelves lined with basic supplies.

The shop is manned by a bald, burly man with a goatee, who waves Potr in, "Camping supplies on the leftmost shelf, provisions on second shelf, spelunking gear in the middle, illumination needs on shelf right of the middle, pots and pans on the second right most shelf and basic first aid supplies on the right most shelf. Need anything else, ask."The man then leaves Pitor alone to do his selection.

All CRB and APG non magical, alchemical items can be found.


Female NG Human (Varisian) Witch 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1  

"It sounds like it might be a gryph." Rozalia shudders as she recalls what she's read about the monsters. "They lay eggs in their victims flesh that quickly hatch, and the chicks burrow free mere minutes later. A gruesome fate. We should be wary."


|HP: 30/30 (4NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 2/6 | Active conditions: TB: +5(6)[7], 2d6+2+3(+1)[+2] |

Caraid, standing at the back of the room, makes a disgusted sound and shivers, but doesn't say anything. He appears to still be fascinated by Kilarra.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

"Indeed" - Garrosh nods back at Rozalia - "Please let us know if during the travel you find any indication of their presence. We should be prepared" - he grunts, then turns to her son - "Caraid... Do you think you could make a quick sketch of the map? So we can take it with us?" - the half-orc suggests.

As far as provisions go, and with the money we have, I'm guessing Garrosh will only buy a rope before we leave :P


Auryl runs a hand through the mess that's his hair and nods at Granny Willow to establish a report. There's too much to be said and done to waste time exchanging niceties. He pays close attention as she talks about the location she wants to visit with their help, taking the time to study the map she presents to him and his companions.

"These ruins, are we going to be needing the likes of a crowbar, shovel and maybe some acid to get in and out?"


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

In the odd time when Kilarra catches Caraid staring at her, she shoots him a glare.

I met Granny when we came with a body to bury.

Killara is geared up and ready to go. She's got the essentials, but will need more money before she's got everything.
"So is this an escort mission? Or are we doing this on your behalf?"


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Auryl

"According to the map its just a dirt trail all the way there. Thats assuming the map is accurate, since its rather old. But in my vision I saw it was a dirt path. Didn't seem to have any obstacles."Grannu Willow replies.

Kilarra

"You could put it that way."Granny Willow nods. "I just hope Pharasma will give me more guidance once I get to the site."


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Aaaaaaaah, so Granny Willows is coming with us. I hadn't realized that :D


|HP: 30/30 (4NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 2/6 | Active conditions: TB: +5(6)[7], 2d6+2+3(+1)[+2] |

Caraid just nods, pulls a scrap of paper from a pocket and begins sketching the map, which soon turns into less of a sketch and more of a 'topgraphical essay in minature'.

Oddly, for a boy seemingly so shy, he doesn't seem at all phased by Kilarra's glaring. Or maybe he just doesn't notice! He does notice her casting a few longing glances at the shelves and steps closer.

"I've got some money if you need it for... ropes and stuff." He says quietly.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"Good thinking," Granny Willow compliments Caraid as she looks at Caraid's drawing. "I was thinking of bringing the book with me, but seeing you've gotten such an accurate replica, I think we can take that along, and leave the book safely here."

Granny Willow takes up a filled sack tied to a wooden stick, and a hiking stick from her wardrobe and then indicates the direction the party is supposed to go, according to Caraid's map.

1 nothing, 2 something: 1d2 ⇒ 1

The trip through the foothills is uneventful, and after about half a day of trekking through the dirt path, the party arrives at the kellid ruins, marked by a great monolith.

The great monolith of the ancient Kellids towers over the barren hillside. A distant flash of red lightning silently illuminates the muggy air, revealing a hole that gapes in the slope like a toothless mouth. Several dozen feet away rises a low mound of dirt and loose rock.

Rozalia knowledge history: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Rozalia knows that Kellid barbarians ruled this land before it was Ustalav, and depending on the tribe, they both worshiped and warded against powerful ancient evils. When the undead Whispering Tyrant conquered this part of Ustalav, he killed all the living but left many of the ancient Kellid sites untouched, After he was defeated, the Ustalavs reclaimed the land. Tales tell of a group of Ustalavic nobles who fled deep into the earth through a well below the monolith to escape the Whispering Tyrant - a well that the ancient Kellids knew to be a gateway to evil. After the Whispering Tyrant was defeated in the Shining Crusade, crusaders sealed the well, trapping any surviving nobles below.

Rozalia examines the monolith and identifies an ancient Kellid glyph of protection known as Gorums Eye, consisting of an eye within an elongated hexagon. She also deciphers some of the glyphs around the eye consisting of "protection", "stone," "grave," "pit," and "evil."

Piotr and Garrosh find the tracks of a claw-footed humanoid figure with two legs and hands that reach the ground leading to and from the monolith via the newly dug tunnel.

Slide 8


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8
GM Mort wrote:
"Good thinking," Granny Willow compliments Caraid as she looks at Caraid's drawing. "I was thinking of bringing the book with me, but seeing you've gotten such an accurate replica, I think we can take that along, and leave the book safely here."

Hey! It was Garrosh's suggestion! :P


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Damn. Too late to edit, sorry.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

The shame!

Garrosh approaches the lip of the tunnel, to peer inside.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

How do you guys want to do this? We're not going to send the child alone into a dark tunnel to scout, right? :D

So Piotr and Kilarra, feel free to take the frontline and let's go ;)


Female NG Human (Varisian) Witch 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1  

Rozalia relays the history of the Kellids to the rest of the group. "It seems this monolith was built as a ward against evil. We should be cautious as we explore."

The witch lights a torch from her pack and holds it aloft as they prepare to enter the tunnel. Just before entering, she casts a minor spell to guide her.

Cast guidance on self. She will use the bonus on the next skill check she makes, which I assume will be Perception.


|HP: 30/30 (4NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 2/6 | Active conditions: TB: +5(6)[7], 2d6+2+3(+1)[+2] |

Caraid stoops and collects a handful of pebbles which he clutches in both hands as he follows his mother towards the tunnel entrance.


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"I'll go first. It's what a shield is for and all." Piotr says with soft smile, maybe in a memory. "Idiot" Ann responses in his head but without malice.

He pulls out a sunrod, smacking it against the wall to light it, then slips it through a loop in his belt. Not trusting his ability to see danger in time, he fastens his shield, and pulls his sword, then moves on in.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

The tunnel extends only a few feet through the soil before meeting a stone, partially collapsed hallway. The passage to the northwest is choked with fallen rubble, and it extends to the east.

D1

The walls and ceiling of this eerie chamber are made from row after row of stacked bones, layers of skulls, rib cages, and arm and leg bones piled from floor to ceiling and cemented in place. On the far wall, red dyed skulls have been arranged into the symbol of an eye within an elongated hexagon.

Caraid init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Garrosh init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Piotr init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Rozalia init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Kilarra init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Auryl init: 1d20 ⇒ 15

critters: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Two lengthy, segmented horrors emerge from the bones, pulsing their mandibles in search of prey. One moves towards Piotr while the other goes after Kilarra.

bite Piotr: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
bite Kilarra: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Pitor blocks its attempt to bite him with his shield while the mandibles do not penetrate Kilarra's scale mail.

knowledge nature Rozalia: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Rozalia recognizes those segmented horrors as giant centipedes. They are vermin and immune to mind affecting effects and have a poisonous bite.

Bite—injury; save Fort 13; frequency1/round for 6 rounds; effect 1d3 Dexdamage; cure 1 save. 

Party up


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"Bugs!" Piotr will cry out to the ones in the back, who might not have the pleasure of seeing these pretties with their own eyes.

Then he'll hack down with his sword at one of the segmented horrors, specifically at the one in front of Kilarra, in hopes to kill one quickly between the two of them.

longsword attack, power attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

longsword attack, power attack, confirmation: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

he'll add saving shield as an immeadiate action to the first adjacent character being attacked (+2 ac).


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Piotr cleanly decapitates the centipede in front of Kilarra, splattering a gout of foul smelling yellow ichor on them both.

"I didn't know bugs could get that big!"Granny Willow gives a cry of alarm.


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"That is gross" Anne whispers in awed disgust in Piotr's head.


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

"Good strike!" Shouts Kilarra. She steps around Piotr and slams her greatsword upon the giant centipede.

Greatsword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Dmg: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 3) + 4 = 10


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Kilarra slices Piotr's centipede into two, horizontally, splattering the front pair both with more yellow ichor.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"Good job with the bug squelching," Granny Willow compliments Piotr's and Kilarra's quick actions. She furrows her eyebrows, "According to the Geography of Dunlob, there is a sealed well beyond."

The party searches the bone pile but does not find anything but bones, however they hear from the chamber beyond faint scratches, scrapes, and breathing.


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

"Thank you." Replies Kilarra as she uses her free hand to comb through her hair. Bits of yellow ichor slop onto the ground, and she looks at Caraid for his reaction. "Still good, kid? Or do bug guts give you nightmares?"


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"Walls are not supposed to breath." Piotr states the obvious tinged with worry. "Do we try knocking it down with something? Or anyone got any bright ideas?"


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Examining the wall, Piotr spots a rock that can be pushed aside to proceed beyond, where the faint scratches, scrapes, and breathing sounds are coming from.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

"I say we can try to push it aside... But stand ready" - Garrosh suggests.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Pushing aside the rock, the party sees a broad well with low sides plunges into the middle of this large chamber. A heavy iron cover leans against the east wall. Near the well, a mound of gnawed bones, scraps of clothing, and discarded possessions speak to some unholy feast. From deep within the well rises a susurrus of faint scratches, scrapes, and breathing.

"Urgh..what has been going on here," Granny Willow whispers, her voice filled with revulsion. "First the bone wall and now this."

A hideously humanoid shaped creature with skin pale as a slug’s belly, huge and bulging red eyes climbs out of the well, grins at the party showing rows of pointed then says something in a guttural tongue. " Dobrý den, jsem se vždycky chtěl setkat s vámi! Mám knihy, které by vás mohly zajímat!"

undercommon:

Hello surfacers, I've always wanted to meet you! I've got books you might be interested in!

Rozalia knowledge nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Rozalia cannot identify that strange creature.

GM only:

Auryl sense motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Kilarra sense motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Garrosh Sense motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Piotr sense motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Caraid sense motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Rozalia sense motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Despite the creature's apparent friendly nature and not understanding the language, Kilarra, Garrosh, Pitor, and Caraid think that the creature is up to no good. The creature seems to be exceptionally loud in its greeting, as if to sound an alarm.

Rozalia, please fill in the languages you know.


|HP: 30/30 (4NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 2/6 | Active conditions: TB: +5(6)[7], 2d6+2+3(+1)[+2] |

Data is doesn't even get a chance to react before the bugs are dice, but even he is suspicious of the creature emerging from the dark. His face twists slightly and the skulls behind him all rise from the ground, hovering eerily behind him...


Female NG Human (Varisian) Witch 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1  

Filled in the languages, sorry about that.

Rozalia recoils when the centipedes appear, but her companions slay them before she can react. She remains quiet until they reach the next chamber, where the strange creature approaches them. She doesn't know what to make of it, but her son doesn't seem to trust it.

"Does anybody understand its language?" she asks.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

"I do not, but I don't trust him, whomever he is" - Garrosh growls, then turns to the creature, weapon firmly in hand - "Do you understand our language? What are you doing here?"


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

The creature hisses and draws back in surprise as the skulls around Caraid rise. "Ale jedli jsme tě. Měl bys zůstat mrtvý!"

undercommon:

But we ate you. You should stay dead!

"Co říkáš? Nerozumím vám?" The creature blurts out, but on seeing Garrosh take up his weapon, takes up his club as well.

undercommon:

What are you saying? I don't understand you!


"I sure don't, but maybe it's a descendant from those who got locked down below when this place was originally sealed? Gods, I don't like the sight of it, but that alone doesn't warrant us putting it down. He ... " Auryl's intonation indicates that he ain't sure about the creature's gender. "He seems intelligent enough and willing to converse."

Still, Auryl can't tell what the creature's intentions are and when the thing arms itself, so does the priest. He draws his shield and presses his shoulder against it as his fingertips begin to glow. The pungent scent of smouldering coals tickles your nostrils.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

The creature begins to start tap dancing, while beating his club against the well edge rhythmically while singing in that gurttural language.

"Ahoj ahoj, hi ho
Zvedněte se, měli bychom jít,
Protože večeře přijdou brzy
Na našem stole
Ahoj ahoj, hi ho"

undercommon:

Hi hi, hi ho
Getting up we should go,
Cos dinner's come early
On our table
Hi hi, hi ho

From the well the party hears sounds of confused growls, like of some things waking up.


The creature's mannerisms and behavior makes Auryl feel sick. None of it is right. From the way the blasted thing looks, to how it acts, to how it makes Auryl feel.

"Oh, you got to be kidding. Either this is the happiest welcome I've ever gotten or he's summoning a whole horde of his degenerate relatives to come and have a taste of what's come for dinner. Someone please tell me I ain't going crazy and this mad bastard, me or him, you decide, isn't gleefully prelated celebrating our demise. That, or he's the dumbest bag of bones I've ever met."


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

Piotr looks at the remains of the unholy dinner: possessions, clothes, and Bones. That combined with the creatures attempts to call friends, leaves the former town guard has no qualms about moving in with his sword and attacking. "It has to shut up. If you want to manage that without killing it, that's up to you. Either way though... " he charges.

Initiative?


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Caraid init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Garrosh init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Piotr init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Rozalia init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Kilarra init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Auryl init: 1d20 ⇒ 16
Critter init: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Piotr and Auryl are a little faster to react when the hostilities start.

Piotr and Auryl, you're up

Anyway I give you all permission to read the spoilers, just keep it as player knowledge and not character knowledge. I'd just say your GM has a warped sense of humor ^^


Auryl is taken aback by Piotr's call to arms but knows that now ain't the time to dally. He shakes his hand until the glow touching his fingertips turns into a proper fire. By clenching his fist, the priest turns into a ball which he then throws at the sickening creature.

Well, at. He throws it in its general direction.

Std action: use domain power (ranged touch, deals fire damage)
Firebolt vs Touch: 1d20 ⇒ 8
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


|HP: 30/30 (4NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 2/6 | Active conditions: TB: +5(6)[7], 2d6+2+3(+1)[+2] |

I'm just glad no-one's turned around and seen Caraid surrounded by levitating skulls!


Don't make me put on my inquisitor's hat! \u_u\

551 to 600 of 747 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Strange Aeons Prequel too! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.