Strange Aeons Prequel too! (Inactive)

Game Master Just a Mort

Strange Aeons Grp 2


1 to 50 of 747 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Piotr:

A letter is delivered by a young boy to the inn you are currently staying.

The letter reads as follows:

As per our compact – that you would be ready to serve when called, in exchange for my service to you in helping your sister, I call upon you now. Be at Ustalav, Thrushmoor, Iris Hill at Noonday, Pharast, first thing in the morning. Wear the black blot.

-Lowls

A black blot pin is attached to the letter.

Kilarra:

A letter is delivered by a young boy to the inn you are currently staying after you turned your previous camp into a bloodbath. Iomedae has turned her back on you and where her grace used to be, is only an empty space.

The letter reads as follows:

You are requested to present yourself to my Master, Hasteron Lowls Be at Ustalav, Thrushmoor, Iris Hill at Noonday, Pharast, first thing in the morning as part of your bargain. He will have set of tasks that need doing. Wear the black blot.

-W

A black blot pin is attached to the letter.

Rayland:

A letter is delivered to the hovel you’re currently staying in while you have your nose buried, as usual, in a whole pile of books on human anatomy. The books are rather interesting, at least far more then mundane interruptions of people knocking on your door. You open the door, irritated, just to get the knocking sound to stop, so you can get back to your books. The young boy passes you a letter, takes one look at your black face, then decides to make himself scarce post-haste.

I have an interesting research project I would like you to lead. As you know – good help is hard to find, and you have an intelligent and agile mind. At least I can count on you to keep the others from bumbling around. Come to Ustalav, Thrushmoor, Iris hill at Noonday, Pharast, first thing in the morning. There will be a tiefling, a half orc, a changeling and another human, all wearing the black blot, who will be assigned with you to help me in that project. Wear the black blot.

-Lowls

A black blot pin is attached to the letter.

Laelia:

A letter is delivered by a young boy to the inn you are currently staying.

The letter reads as follows:

As per our compact – that you would be ready to serve when called, in exchange for freedom against your mother’s call, I call upon you now. Be at Ustalav, Thrushmoor, Iris Hill at Noonday, Pharast, first thing in the morning. Wear the black blot.

-Lowls

A black blot pin is attached to the letter.

Garrosh:

My dear Garrosh,

I have been called away for other pressing matters, and will be unable to be with you for a while. Our master needs assistance in his work – please aid him as much as you are able. Be at Ustalav, Thrushmoor, Iris Hill, at Noonday, Pharast, first thing in the morning. Wear the black blot.

-Adria

A black blot pin is attached to the letter.

Each of you climb up Iris hill, to see breaking the thick hedge that surrounds the estate, the squat building sports a pair of heavy wooden doors bearing a small sliding hatch. The servant at the gatehouse beckons to his counterpart below and the door is pulled open and you are ushered in to a large estate with one large building and 4 other smaller buildings. The odor of heather and ivy is strong in the air. The servant at the ground level leads you to the guesthouse, and beckons you to sit.

The party is seated in a well appointed lounge including a brick fireplace, a mahogany table with six matching chairs and an antique sideboard near the foot of the stairs. A liquor cabinet stands against the wall at the foot of the stairs leading upwards.

Not providing a map for this, happy yakking


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

A young man, of average height, but stocky build steps into the room first. Instinctively he seems to be taking the lead, not in the '-ership' kind of way, but in stepping through first and checking around. He steps into the lounge, his hand starting a quick 'it is clear' motion before stopping, as if realizing that it was stupid to do so. A glance back at the person following him is a muted mix of curiosity, annoyance at himself, and suspicion. The latter possibly not as muted as the other two.

He wears the armor of a generic town guard but stripped of identifying marks, a heavy steel shield strapped to his back, and a sword at his belt, which his hand drifts to unconsciously. His other hand oddly twitches about as if he was humming some unheard melody in his mind.

Other distinguishing traits: rust colored hair, a thick nose crooked from too many breaks, and a scar across his forehead.

The still unidentified man steps around the room, acting as if he is taking in the area, while truly checking exits and his other participants. All this takes time, of which might allow someone else to be the first one to talk...


F Night-born (Moon May) Changeling Cleric of Desna 1| AC 15/17, T12/14, FF13/15| HP 9/9, F+2/+4, R+1, W+5 | CMB +0, CMD 11| Init +1, Perc. +4, Darkvision 60ft | 0/6 Channel Positive Energy

Walking through the gate, Laelia's mismatched eyes took in the estate stretched before her. She nervously adjusted the black blot pin on the front of her travelling cloak and silently worried at its deeper meaning. What have I agreed to?, the thought/question circled her mind as she was directed toward the guesthouse. Laelia was glad it was still morning for the sun was yet to rise higher in the sky and become too warm for her skin. I much prefer night or at least dusk... she lamented silently. She reapportioned the weight of her belongings more comfortably on her shoulder and continued walking. The Desnan priestess discreetly called upon Desna's guiding grace to aid her in this meeting; hoping the goddess would not turn a deaf ear to her sincere prayer.

Laelia looked upon the entering strangers and she spied the table and chairs near the hearth. Steadily, to keep the tension inside of her from spilling out, she pushed back the white hood of her cloak and swept the front of her silver-white hair down over the small horn nubs on her forehead to conceal them from general sight.

To any watching her, she is a strangely exotic beauty, not entirely human, standing a little over average height with a slender/lithe frame. Her hair is worn down/loose, long, straight, the colour of moonlight. Her right eye is a vivid violet and her left a silver-grey. On either side of her face are silvery tattoos - rune-like markings and she has a full mouth; her soft, rosebud lips curved slightly upward to be cordial to those joining her in the room. If any look at her hands, they see, slightly long, sharp pale nails. (A little visual representation of Laelia.) Around her neck she wears a delicate, wooden carving of a butterfly tied/secured on a leather cord.

Taking a soft breath, she addressed those present in the room, "Good morning. I am Laelia Korzha. I pray your trip here was not too arduous." The young woman's voice was gentle and melodic to the ear. She stepped over to an empty chair and placed her belongings down by it - only sitting when the others do.

Diplomacy to politely greet those present and put them at ease: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 1 = 18


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

Piotr's eyes widen briefly at both Laelia's beauty and her visual peculiarities. Though the former gets the most attention for both occupants of his mind.

"Ooo she's pretty!" the voice inside his head teased, knowing it would get a reaction out of him.
The barking thought of "Shut it, Ann!" was just what she was expecting and got a satisfied laugh in return.

After an awkward pause(internal conversations, even brief ones, take noticeable time), "Piotr Tataru, miss." he introduces himself from where he is standing. "Hope yours was the same."


F Night-born (Moon May) Changeling Cleric of Desna 1| AC 15/17, T12/14, FF13/15| HP 9/9, F+2/+4, R+1, W+5 | CMB +0, CMD 11| Init +1, Perc. +4, Darkvision 60ft | 0/6 Channel Positive Energy

She turned to look at the young man with the red-brown hair who addressed her. He appeared strong with his broad shoulders. Her smile grew a little warmer as he seemed to be speaking nicely to her and his voice held no contempt nor did he recoil in fear.

"Well met, Mister Tataru." The violet eye seemed to gleam brighter like a star in the night sky. "The caravan folk with whom I've been travelling have been so nice and engaging. I've been enjoying my time with them." Laelia did not want to think back on the time of the nightmares and the pain they had brought her. "Did you travel here on your own or with company?" There was no harm in small talk while they waited for their mysterious host to arrive.


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

Both, is what he almost says but instead runs his hand through his hair and answers "Alone. Just me and my thoughts." he could feel his sister's mental smirk. "Are you..." he pauses a bit unsure "… I mean do you know our host well?"


F Night-born (Moon May) Changeling Cleric of Desna 1| AC 15/17, T12/14, FF13/15| HP 9/9, F+2/+4, R+1, W+5 | CMB +0, CMD 11| Init +1, Perc. +4, Darkvision 60ft | 0/6 Channel Positive Energy

"You must have been lonely over such a distance on your own."

Upon Piotr's question regarding Lowls, Laelia shook her head, "No, not at all. I believe we crossed paths very briefly on the road some time ago. Yet, we never really spoke." Although I heard him in my mind in that field before he disappeared..., the latter she did not voice aloud. Her voice grew a little softer; possibly out of a sense of discretion lest the man in question walked in suddenly, "Are you well acquainted with our host?"


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

Piotr shakes his head, letting his eyes travel over to the others in the group, curious is their answers will be the same. "I only met him once." he says simply and in a way that says he really would not like to talk about the details. For a moment his head is as quiet as it once was, Ann either lost in the memories of that night, or being quiet in thanks for her brother's sacrifice.

Sorry got to go to sleep now, so a good time for Piotr to go quiet for a bit. Good night all!


F Night-born (Moon May) Changeling Cleric of Desna 1| AC 15/17, T12/14, FF13/15| HP 9/9, F+2/+4, R+1, W+5 | CMB +0, CMD 11| Init +1, Perc. +4, Darkvision 60ft | 0/6 Channel Positive Energy

Laelia noted the young man's sudden change in carriage and manner. He had withdrawn upon mention of their mysterious host. What has happened between Piotr and Lowls? She drew in a breath and then simply nodded her head in consideration of Piotr, as if trying to show him that she would not press him on the subject. Why did I ask him the question? I've unsettled him, Laelia worried silently.

Her mismatched eyes then turned to look at the few others in the room, and, wondered at them; hoping they would engage in the conversation soon.

Sleep well, Piotr. And, thanks for the rp! Night to you. :)


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

"I only met him a couple of times also" - the reply came from the door as a burly half-orc stepped in and paused at the threshold, his brown eyes carefully scanning those in the room.

This one must have been through a scuffle or three - his dark clothes are well worn and disheveled, matching his unkempt dark blackish/brown hair and beard - "Well met. I am Garrosh" - he introduced, showing adequate politeness. No more and no less.

Moving over to one of the seats, the rim of his muddied cloak dragging on the floor, he placed down his backpack and arrow quiver to the side, removed the shortbow from his back hanging it on the chair, removed also what seems to be an old bastard sword, leaning it on the table, and plopped himself down heavily, his strong frame making the chair creak slightly.

"I did not know there would be others" - he shows the black blot held in his hand - "Any idea what this is about, or how many we should expect?"


F Night-born (Moon May) Changeling Cleric of Desna 1| AC 15/17, T12/14, FF13/15| HP 9/9, F+2/+4, R+1, W+5 | CMB +0, CMD 11| Init +1, Perc. +4, Darkvision 60ft | 0/6 Channel Positive Energy

What an imposing presence he has!, was Laelia's first thought. The Half-Orc's words were measured and she could appreciate the restraint in a forum such as this.

Laelia sat down on her chosen seat and folded her hands in her lap, accustomed to the long nails on each finger and thumb.

She responded steadily, in her melodic voice, "Well met, Garrosh." He had not given a family name, so she simply called him by the name he had offered. "I do not know how many have been called here this morning. I had only expected it to be myself after I received the letter. As to the nature of this congregation, I do not know that either." The corners of her mouth lifted upward, in a soft smile, to show a semblance of civility and affinity in circumstance.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

He listens intently to Laelia's words, clearly curious about her mismatching eyes, even if he makes no comment about it - "Figured as much" - he nodded at her.


F Night-born (Moon May) Changeling Cleric of Desna 1| AC 15/17, T12/14, FF13/15| HP 9/9, F+2/+4, R+1, W+5 | CMB +0, CMD 11| Init +1, Perc. +4, Darkvision 60ft | 0/6 Channel Positive Energy

The reason for the meeting was certainly a well kept secret, unless one of the others could shed some light on the matter. What can Lowls want from each of us?

Hoping to learn a little more about the people inside the room, Laelia looked around the assembly before asking politely, "Where do each of you come from? I am from Magnimar in Varisia."

I have taken some cough medicine and am getting drowsy (week 3 of this flu). I'm headed to bed, but I will have Laelia reply to any rp in my morning. Night! Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving to the American players in the party.


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 | HP 8/8 | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +4 | Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 14, Cha 8 | Perc +2 | Init +8 | Base Atk +0; CMB 0; CMD 12

As the others talk, Rayland watches and takes mental notes about each.

In truth he didn't even realise he was doing it - consciously at least - but each was now filed away into a little corner of his memory palace, easily accessible should he need it.

He is a thin human man. Young, but with dark sunken eyes that make him look older. His hair is exquisitely, almost obsessively parted and his chin and cheeks are free of stubble. His robe is a dark blue and fits him well but is not something that could be described as fashionable. In fact, everything about him is just slightly odd and awkward.

Although he watches he is careful not to make eye contact with anyone. If he happens to do so he flushes and averts his gaze immediately.

"Ustalav." he blurts out, suddenly feeling like he should say something, that all of them were looking at him because he hadn't said anything until that point. He squirms uncomfortably in his seat as attention falls on him.

"N...n not originally. I... but I studied there. Lepistadt. My name is Rayland Burrows." he tacks on the end, his nerves jangling.


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

Piotr focuses back on the world as the others start talking. He looks the large half-orc over, not due to the racial difference but because... "That one is dangerous." Ann was quicker than his own thoughts most times. He nods his own greeting as Laelia chats.

As the robed gentleman speaks he asks "At the university? Impressive." he has heard of the place many times, and about how difficult it was to be able to attend. "Ha! Most are dandy nobles. Useless posers. This one though seems... different." Piotr agrees on the last part at least.

He turns his focus back to the pretty lady with the mismatched eyes and answers "Ustalav as well. Caliphas specifically." "Home sweet home." the voice interjects.

Finally back to Garrosh, like he had built up the responses in his head and then had to pop them off in reverse order. "No idea. I also thought I'd be alone in this."


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8
Rayland Burrows wrote:
"N...n not originally. I... but I studied there. Lepistadt. My name is Rayland Burrows." he tacks on the end, his nerves jangling.

"Well met Rayland Burrows" - Garrosh nodded, trying to make eye contact with the man.

Piotr Tataru wrote:

He turns his focus back to the pretty lady with the mismatched eyes and answers "Ustalav as well. Caliphas specifically." "Home sweet home." the voice interjects.

Finally back to Garrosh, like he had built up the responses in his head and then had to pop them off in reverse order. "No idea. I also thought I'd be alone in this."

"I'm starting to have the feeling we all thought the same..." - he nods in agreement at Piotr, taking another look at the armor, weapon and shield the man is carrying - "Piotr, right?" - he adds, then looks back at Laelia - "Northwestern Ustalav originally"


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

Kilarra arrives a little late, heralded by the clop sound of her hooves. The blood-orange haired woman with horn nubs enters the room dressed in her scale-mail uniform, with old and dried blood still adorning it. Her eyes are half shut, and her completely uncaring gaze could kill. She carries a huge sword with a wavy blade, known as a Flamberge. It too has the mark of dried blood upon it. "Kilarra Dimir." She says as she presents the black blot on her cloak. She takes a seat and lays her sword across her lap. Her holy symbol of Iomedae's sword hangs around her neck. It is broken.


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

Piotr nods on his name, then lets a low whistle out at the pronouncement of Northwestern Ustalav. Between the demons and the orcs, one has to be tough or insane to live there. Or so he's heard, not having traveled much out of the capital his entire life.

"Seems like you were right, sis." he tells her, even though she is smug enough to not need any validation.

"That one..." his sister breathes deep in his head, referring to the other semi-horned woman as Kilarra enters "I like that one. She literally screams 'Broken'. Just like us." her laugh this time is bitter and low.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8
Piotr Tataru wrote:
Piotr nods on his name, then lets a low whistle out at the pronouncement of Northwestern Ustalav

"Yes, it really..." - Garrosh stops short as Kilarra steps in the room, observing the tiefling.

Kilarra Dimir wrote:
"Kilarra Dimir."

"Garrosh" - he replies.


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"Piotr Tataru." he tilts his head in the woman's direction, her state making him pause too long in greeting.


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

Kilarra nods slightly as the two men introduce themselves. She says nothing in return.


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 | HP 8/8 | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +4 | Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 14, Cha 8 | Perc +2 | Init +8 | Base Atk +0; CMB 0; CMD 12

All of Rayland's instincts are telling him to take his spellbook out and begin flipping through it.

In truth it was more than a collection of arcane writing. It was his notes and thoughts and diary all in one. He was always comforted in study and writing, far more so than with people who were full of spite and mendacity. At least in his experience.

But he resists the urge.

He had been brought here with these people for a reason, one he didn't understand yet but they clearly represent a range of different skills.

"I'm a wizard." he blurts out, just needing something to fill the awful silence that descends every time the conversation pauses. Usually he likes nothing more than the peace and clarity of thought silence affords, but not in a social context like this to which he was about as ill-suited as can be. Still, there may be opportunities here too.

His own lack of constitution and, if he were honest with himself, courage; had been a barrier to the more interesting aspects of his research. Perhaps it were worth facing the demons of conversation if it meant he had a chance to study and observe and collate first hand.

"I.. <cough>.." he shakes his head, having run out of things to say.

It would be easier said than done.


F Night-born (Moon May) Changeling Cleric of Desna 1| AC 15/17, T12/14, FF13/15| HP 9/9, F+2/+4, R+1, W+5 | CMB +0, CMD 11| Init +1, Perc. +4, Darkvision 60ft | 0/6 Channel Positive Energy

Know. Religion re broken symbol around Kilarra's neck: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

The broken holy symbol of Iomedae was troubling, yet it was the other woman's hardened gaze that made Laelia more attentive to the situation. What has happened to this Iomedean crusader? Instinctively her fingers clenched and she felt the press of the sharp claws, ready if she was attacked (her other weapons were at her hip or by her feet). Not that she was trained for battle - not like Kilarra.

The other man, Rayland, was a scholar it seemed. She was not familiar with the university he had attended in Lepistadt, yet she simply nodded to both as they had entered the room, and respectfully greeted them, "Well met, Mister Burrows, Mistress Kilarra."

Are they all from Ustalav? Iomodae was not commonly worshipped by the Ustalavan folk as far as she knew. How does Lowls know each person?

Upon introducing himself so suddenly as a wizard, Laelia turned her attention back to Rayland, although kept a wary eye on the silent Kilarra. What was the extent of his arcane powers? Ever the curious one, she had to temper her curiosity for the moment.

"I am a Priestess of the Great Dreamer, the goddess Desna. A healer, by trade." She hoped her disclosure would soothe the jumpiness of Rayland and possibly inspire the others to follow suit and speak of their callings. Laelia briefly glanced at Kilarra to see if, or how, the woman would react to hearing she was a priestess.


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

Kilarra lazily eyes Laelia and says in a cold, blunt voice "What brought you here?" Her eyes do not miss Laelia's clenched fists, but she does not react to it. Kilarra is calm and relaxed, but it's evident that she occasionally stares off into space.


F Night-born (Moon May) Changeling Cleric of Desna 1| AC 15/17, T12/14, FF13/15| HP 9/9, F+2/+4, R+1, W+5 | CMB +0, CMD 11| Init +1, Perc. +4, Darkvision 60ft | 0/6 Channel Positive Energy

Laelia’s hands were clasped in her lap and her fingers clenched/tightened, but not into fists. :)

Brusque tones did not overly concern her, yet the woman’s cold, blunt manner seemed unwarranted given she had not levied any insult on her. Even though she had already mentioned why she was here, Laelia simply answered in a steady, polite voice, ”I received a note requesting my presence at Iris Hill. It was most fortunate that the caravan I was travelling with were headed to this region, so I had company along the way.” Laelia dared not ask the same question of the armoured woman. It was evident they had all been summoned here for some purpose. She was anxious to find out what that purpose was. She gave Kilarra a small smile.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

An angular faced man in dark grey scholars robes, with a brown fur cape draped over his shoulders, wearing circular black shades over his eyes with a bushy beard descends from the stairs, and introduces himself ”I am Count Lowls. ”

Pic of the man

"Thank you for answering to my call this Noonday, and welcome to my humble abode,"He scans the room, "I hope your journey here was smooth and uneventful."

"I can see the curiosity burning in your eyes, so I shall not waste time and plunge into the heart of the matter."He continues.

”I have a research project I would have you help me with – the supernatural occurrences in the town of Dunlob.” Count Lowls informs the party. ”My sources have revealed there is a small village called Dunlob only a few miles from Illirigarde Manor that could have useful information. No doubt the villagers have many stories about the phenomena affecting the region. Additionally, before her disappearance Lady Illirigarde visited the locals occasionally to perform harrow readings and séances. We could learn more about her research and disappearance as well. " Count Lowls explains.

He then coughs a few times, as he looks at Laelia, "I have been informed that the villagers of Dunlob are a particularly close-lipped and superstitious lot, so try not to rile them up too much.”

”There are also legends of a haunted tavern called the Lucky Lantern in Dunlob that I would like you to investigate. Your mission is to see what secrets the tavern may hold and interview one or two of the local villagers about the supernatural occurrences.” Lowls briefs the party.

”I have a speaking stone with me. Once per day, you may contact me via the stone and inform me on how the research progresses. I will tell you then on how to proceed.” He passes Rayland a large Lapis Lazuli. ”Rayland will oversee the expedition due to its academic nature and give me regular reports. Do any of you have any questions? If you do not – I will send for the coach to have you brought to Dunlob.”

Count Lowls also passes Rayland a small pouch of gold coins. ”These are for your travelling expenses.”

Inside the pouch is 50 gp


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

Piotr was about to speak, explain his profession as limited as it was, and to inquire about Kilarra's family, but the arrival of the Count makes him clam up.

When the opportinity for questions comes up, he asks "How long? Until we discover what you want us to find or disprove the existence of it?" That would put them all at the mercy of Burrows. Piotr didn't know enough about the man to know what he thought about that.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"I can't rightly tell you at this point of time."Count Lowls answers. "You see, with research, very often one thing leads to another. Depending on Rayland's reports..." Count Lowls muses, "You, as a group may be dispatched to other locations to pursue new leads."


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Garrosh observes the man in silence, trying to understand if there is anything to read beyond his words.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

"Understood" - he nods - "How far is Dunlob from here?"


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

”Two days by coach. It shouldn’t take you very long at all.” Count Lowls answers.

Count Lowls does not seem to be hiding anything at this point of time.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Garrosh nods, then looks at the others.


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 | HP 8/8 | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +4 | Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 14, Cha 8 | Perc +2 | Init +8 | Base Atk +0; CMB 0; CMD 12

Rayland's hand shakes slightly as he takes the stone and as it sits in his hand it suddenly feels like a hundredweight. He is somewhat in awe of Lowls, and afraid of him too. But the man has a quiet confidence and a reserved power that Rayland admires greatly. If only Lowls could see something of that in him.

This is a chance to impress! But the thought of heading up the expedition weighs even more heavily than the stone.

"Well, th-thank you for this opportunity Mr Lowls. I shall not let you down."

He girds his loins and addresses the group.

"I have some experience with this kind of phenomena. Much of my work in Lepistadt has been of a.... similar nature..."

I have seen the work even the weakest corporeal undead can make of the unprepared. I wonder if I will get a chance to record one of these people being consumed by some sort of spirit. I must remember to take a spare notebook in case the opportunity arises. he thinks to himself.

"This will be naturalistic observation for the most part I believe. That is to say, it is technique involving studying the spontaneous behaviour and occurrences in natural surroundings. Or in this case supernatural."

As he talks he once again does not make eye contact with the group. Instead he fiddles constantly; arranging a knife and a fork and a salt cellar and a mug first in a line, and then in a square and then in a circle and then in a line again. In every configuration he does not seem satisfied.

"The researcher in this case simply records what they see in whatever way they can." he shrugs.

"However, with these sorts of things it is hard not to be forced to take a more... active role. It is dangerous work and you should be prepared to defend yourselves."

"We should supplement that with contextual interviews of witnesses. It is a standard methodology and even lay people should have no difficulty with it. I mean... even you should have no problem... ah... under my guidance.... no, I mean it isn't complicated is what I mean."

He sighs, having spoken more out loud in one go than he had in days prior.


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

"As you wish... Master." Answers Kilarra. She rises from her chair and rests her sword upon her shoulder.


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 | HP 8/8 | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +4 | Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 14, Cha 8 | Perc +2 | Init +8 | Base Atk +0; CMB 0; CMD 12

If that jibe was aimed at Rayland he will visibly flinch back in his chair


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

Rayland's free to interpret it however he would like.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Count Lowls gives Rayland a gentle smile. "I know that the University of Lepistadt is extensively through in preparing its students for the rigors of academic research."

"Besides, you graduated with first class honors, so I have atmost confidence that you will be able to conduct the research brilliantly in my stead."He claps Rayland once on his shoulder.

Then he takes on a more somber expression, "I do not expect any trouble, other then insular, unruly villagers, who do not understand the importance of the research project, wanting not to dig up the past. However, I would like to think that it is good to be prepared for all circumstances. Thus all of you are assembled here just to ensure that all proceeds as planned. " Count Lowls explains.

Then he frowns slightly,"Id have wanted to be there myself, but alas, duties of the state call. I have meetings with the Pharasmin order later this morning, and Magistrate Padgett, which will take up the better part of the week."

To Kilarra

Count Lowls nods at Killara's acknowledgement.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

"Sounds like a solid plan" - Garrosh replies at Rayland, again trying to make eye contact with the man - "It is a good thing that you are well learned in the subject" - he adds, then turning to Lowls - "Are there any further details at all regarding these 'phenomena' and their nature? Or simply that they seem to be occurring and nothing more?"


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"I am trying currently to arrange to get the Illirigarde Manor key, which I believe that the manor too will have some secrets to uncover, having once been the dwelling of a noble woman turned occultist, Lady Illirigarde," Count Lowls informs the party, "But I have not heard from my contact on that regard yet, and likely I will have him pass you the key directly in Dunlob."

"Perhaps as we study the occult happenings around Dunlob, a pattern will emerge and we may be able to find out who, or what is behind it." Count Lowls adds.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

"Very well" - the half orc accepts the available information.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Seeing the party has no more questions, Count Lowls calls one of his servants to arrange for the coach. About 10 min later, the party hears the sound of hoof beats and the servant calls on the party, saying the coach is ready.

The coach itself is driven by a pale non-descript middle aged man, except for a jagged scar standing out against the pale skin of his throat, clad entirely a black top hat, black sealskin cape with black leather coat and breeches. The square, black covered up coach with windows at the side and back is pulled by two midnight black horses, and on top of each corner is a spike with a clove of garlic hanging from it.

"Good luck, and I hope to hear from you soon," Count Lowls bids the party adeiu.

The pale man gets off the driver's seat, and opens the the coach door, helping Kilarra and Laelia up onto the coach. "My name is Cain and I'll be taking you to Dunlob. The journey will take two days. If you need food and drink, it's under the seats."


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

Piotr isn't surprised at the appointment of their leader. Fighters don't lead research missions. He just hopes Raymond wasn't so eager to please they are researching for years.

Ann of course disagrees and graphically describes why she thinks Raymond was picked. So loud he had to cross his arms to keep his hand under control.

At the coach, he greets Cain and then asks about where to stow their gear. The black coach seem roomy enough for them, but not them and their stuff. He fully expects asking to ride up top with Cain at one point or another but it might seem too unsocial at this point. Two days worth though...


F Night-born (Moon May) Changeling Cleric of Desna 1| AC 15/17, T12/14, FF13/15| HP 9/9, F+2/+4, R+1, W+5 | CMB +0, CMD 11| Init +1, Perc. +4, Darkvision 60ft | 0/6 Channel Positive Energy

Laelia had remained attentively silent throughout the meeting with Count Lowls. She occasionally glanced at the others and at Rayland as he was appointed leader.

She enjoyed uncovering information and alike, so the research aspect would not be too daunting. She quietly thanked Cain as he helped her up into the coach and stowed her belongings. Laelia settled on a seat away from any direct light coming in from the windows and the unflinching Kilarra. She called Lowls 'Master'. It was unnerving. Her thoughts turned to the broken Iomedean holy symbol about Kilarra's neck. Had she turned away from Iomedae when she threw her lot in with Lowls? There was so much she did not know about the people she was travelling with to Dunlob. Who could she trust?

Quote:

... he looks at Laelia, "I have been informed that the villagers of Dunlob are a particularly close-lipped and superstitious lot, so try not to rile them up too much.”

Why would Lowls expect her to rile the local townsfolk? Her manners were always thoughtful and all she could deduce from Lowls' statement was that he expected the locals to be afraid of her appearance. They will believe me witch, comprehending the ignorance of unduly superstition people. She was not the only uncommon creature in the party, although she was the only one with a hag mother. Laelia sighed softly and clasped her hands tighter in her lap as the coach jostled a little as it made for Dunlob.

In a gentle voice, the melodic ring of her words circling the coach interior, "The Dunlob folk may not take too well to my appearance. My way with words is often taken very well, yet the blood of my mother which flows in my veins may cause fear in the more zealous and nervous of people. I will do my best not to excite such people. Yet, it means I may have to introduce myself plainly, so they do not wrongly judge me and swiftly set them against us."


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

Kilarra barely pays attention to Cain as he helps her into the carriage. She travels unarmoured for comfort sake, with her sword wrapped in a bit of cloth and resting to the side of her. Her only attire is the clothing worn under her armour, which are sturdy brown boots, leather breeches, a basic white long-sleeved shirt, and a gray cloak. Patches of exoskeleton jut out from her body, mainly her rib and shoulder areas, but not uniformly or symmetrically.

Kilarra spends most of her time staring vacantly out the window. When Laelia takes note of the Dunlob's superstitious ways, Kilarra says "We shouldn't hide just because they're racists. If a couple of thugs show up we can and should put them in their place. The scum beneath my boot."


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"Standing up is the best way to get others to back down." Piotr agrees. "When it works that is..." he grins, mkaing the scar on his forhead deepen.

"The stupidest way, don't you mean?" Ann countered, her way was always a distracting smile, a knee to the crotch, and then running off with your jewels.

Piotr had left his shield in the luggage rack, kept his light chain on, at least for this first part of the ride. Sword in the shealth on the floor before him.

After a pause in the conversation, he decides to try and be chatty, which rarely ends up well for him, but there is always the first time. Looking over to the fellow ginger, he attempts to start a conversation. "Are you from Caliphas? I remember the name Dimir from there, a rich merchant of some kind. We, well..." he ran his hand through his hair, a nervous tic of his it seems "... arrested one of them and his cronies one night near the Widow's."

According to pathfinder wiki, Widow's Boudoir:
This brothel specializes in mixing murder with sexual fantasies. It is not uncommon for the staff to become victims of the bordello's horrors.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

The coach is surprisingly roomy, sufficient for everyone and their luggage to fit in comfortably and also smells of Garlic, as the party finds that cloves of garlic are stuffed in the corners.

Cain urges the horses on, and with the sound of hoof beats, the carriage speeds off from Iris Hill, on a gravel paved road. The ride is slightly bumpy, and the sky is overcast, as it usually is in Ustalav, as if the sun was reluctant to shine there.

The sparse, desolate plains are dotted with dead trees, their branches outstretched, as if a plea to the heavens for more sunlight - a plea that was never heard. The party sees a raven roosting on a dead branch, watching the coach intently with its beady yellow eyes, then it gives a harsh caw as it flies away into the distance.


F Night-born (Moon May) Changeling Cleric of Desna 1| AC 15/17, T12/14, FF13/15| HP 9/9, F+2/+4, R+1, W+5 | CMB +0, CMD 11| Init +1, Perc. +4, Darkvision 60ft | 0/6 Channel Positive Energy
Kilarra Dimir wrote:

When Laelia takes note of the Dunlob's superstitious ways, Kilarra says "We shouldn't hide just because they're racists. If a couple of thugs show up we can and should put them in their place. The scum beneath my boot."

In a steady, confident voice, Laelia responded, "I made no mention of hiding, only that I would use discretion in my dealings with these people as per your Master's instruction. If your intention is to fight them into submission, Kilarra, then that is your will. My way is not that of a fighter. I am a peacemaker." Something about the woman rubbed her the wrong way - perhaps it was because she felt they were very different from each other.

"To push people who are highly strung or mistrusting does not bode well, I find. I would rather get them on side or at least not completely against us, if we mean to move about town studying what we must."

When the road became a little too bumpy, Laelia gripped onto the seat so she wouldn't slide off or embarrassingly land on the floor of the carriage. The raven's steady gaze intrigued her. Its loud *caw* as it rose from the branch and flew away made the fine hairs on her arms bristle.


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 | HP 8/8 | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +4 | Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 14, Cha 8 | Perc +2 | Init +8 | Base Atk +0; CMB 0; CMD 12

"We should try not to alienate these people, they could be a valuable resource for us." Rayland says.

He doesn't look up from his spellbook as he talks but just flips through reading pages he has already read a thousand times before.

"I would rather we avoid confrontation. I always find that fruitless and just... distasteful." he adds, nervously tapping a forefinger against his temple. This carriage, with all these strangers inside, was a cell to him. But he to make best of the situation if he were to impress Lowls.

"You're a changeling." he says to Laelia. "Do people treat you badly because of that, people always think I am... odd... I find it hard to... interact."


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8
Piotr Tataru wrote:
He fully expects asking to ride up top with Cain at one point or another but it might seem too unsocial at this point.

Garrosh will also what to be uptop more frequently than not, so we can swap every once in a while ;)

The half-orc stepped up aboard the coach, and nodded a grunting 'Well met, I am Garrosh' at Cain - "Thank you for transporting us" - he added.

Kilarra Dimir wrote:
"We shouldn't hide just because they're racists. If a couple of thugs show up we can and should put them in their place. The scum beneath my boot."

He chuckled and shook his head - 'Gotta love this one' - he pondered to himself.

Piotr Tataru wrote:
"Standing up is the best way to get others to back down." Piotr agrees. "When it works that is..." he grins, mkaing the scar on his forhead deepen.

"True" - he nodded at the man - "Not all are willing to lay down and play dead"

Laelia Korzha wrote:

In a steady, confident voice, Laelia responded, "I made no mention of hiding, only that I would use discretion in my dealings with these people as per your Master's instruction. If your intention is to fight them into submission, Kilarra, then that is your will. My way is not that of a fighter. I am a peacemaker." Something about the woman rubbed her the wrong way - perhaps it was because she felt they were very different from each other.

"To push people who are highly strung or mistrusting does not bode well, I find. I would rather get them on side or at least not completely against us, if we mean to move about town studying what we must."

"Guess we'll find out in about two days time, which one of you has the right of it" - the half-orc shrugged - "I'm sure we are all interested in getting this done one way or another, for one reason or another"

Rayland Burrows wrote:
"You're a changeling." he says to Laelia. "Do people treat you badly because of that, people always think I am... odd... I find it hard to... interact."

"Would be much worse if we all looked, thought and acted the same" - he pipes in again - "Would make for the most boring world ever if you ask me. I'll chose 'odd' over 'same old' every time."


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

Racist Thugs:
"Listen. I'm gonna follow your lead for the mission, but if some bigots start getting testy, then they deserve to be brought low. You can suck up to them if you want, but I plan to stand up for myself. They've had it coming for a long time, and I'm finally ready to mete out some justice."

She's about to turn back to the window, but shoots Laelia a glance and says "And yes, he is my master."

Kilarra goes back to looking out the window. She doesn't complain about the bumpy road, just takes a bit of jerky from the stores and chews on it. When they get to rest, she usually spends her time looking out at the sky in contemplation.

Caliphas:
Kilarra raises her eyebrows, gives a minute shrug of her shoulders, and sighs. "I was born in Caliphas, before they turned it into the capital. My father's probably croaked by now. I don't remember much of him. Just that he sent me away after my mother was stoned to death. Having a Tiefling in the family does that. I guess he remarried, or at least had some bastards. Haven't returned."

She waits for a moment and bites her lip. "So, what's it like there?"


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

About Caliphas

Piotr shrugged. "We were poor, so not much better than any other place I'd say, for most of my years. When I got into guarding, I got to see more of it." His eyes get a bit of light in them "Oh yeah, now when the mist clears, which is only once or twice a year mind you, the city is really pretty. The ports bring in all sorts of people from all over, so they've shaped parts of it into little neighborhoods of all kinds of countries, not that I know much about them. But still... it is beautiful."

In a deadpan voice dripping with sarcasm Ann says "You have such a way with words."

Piotr frowns a bit, but shakes his head as if trying to rattle something inside. Than adds, "They were dicks by the way." he say, "You're whatever's, that I arrested. We had to be rough with them. Got reprimanded for it later, but it was worth it." he gives a grin.

1 to 50 of 747 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Strange Aeons Prequel too! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.