Strange Aeons Prequel too! (Inactive)

Game Master Just a Mort

Strange Aeons Grp 2


501 to 550 of 747 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Female NG Human (Varisian) Witch 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1  

Rozalia curtsies politely when Count Lowls appears. "Thank you, my lord. A gift it may be, but I fear what might happen if he doesn't learn to control it. Which is why we are here at your service, in exchange for examination by the doctors at Briarstone Asylum. What task would you have us perform?"


|HP: 30/30 (4NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 2/6 | Active conditions: TB: +5(6)[7], 2d6+2+3(+1)[+2] |

Caraid jumps when addressed directly by the count and the drawing fades, each line unravelling until the whole thing is a vague blob of colour, which gradually disperses.

"Uh, yes sir. Mr Count. I've always been good at drawing." He mumbles, until his mother gives him a nudge and he straightens, before performing a reasonable bow. "Thank you for your kindness Mr Count Sir. You're very good to be helping us."


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"Don't worry," Count Lowls reassures Rozalia. "Dr Eliege Losandro in Brairstone asylum is well versed in treating people who have visions of other worlds."

"You don't need to me afraid," Count Lowls speaks to Caraid in comforting tones. "I'm not those superstitious Ustalav peasants who think that your Gift is evil. You don't need to hide it here. You should revel in it and learn more about it."Count Lowls urges Caraid.

"About this task, one of my researchers has returned from Dunlob, and I want you to continue to research the supernatural occurrences there. My researcher, Rayland - passed me these and told me they could be used, by someone who has been touched by the dark presence there, to track it down."Count Lowls passes the etheric compasses in their blood red boxes to Rozalia. " They are unstable in this world and should not be taken out of their containers."


Female NG Human (Varisian) Witch 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1  

Rozalia handles the compasses with care. After examining them for several moments, she looks back up at Lowls. "Very well. Do you have somebody who has been exposed to this presence already, or is it up to us to brave Dunlob?"


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"According to Rayland, he said that Garrosh has had strange dreams about the dark presence that has been plaguing the town - a dark thin skeletal man with white dead eyes."Count Lowls replies.


So many questions start racing through Auryl's head as Lowls goes over their instructions. Supernatural occurrences? Touched by the dark presence? Unstable compasses?! Still, Lowls had been most forthcoming with him and really, who else could help him? Surely most of what the count is saying was more than a little inflated with unnecessary grandeur. "Okay. No taking the compasses out of the containers, check."


Female NG Human (Varisian) Witch 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1  

Roz nods. "I think we're ready to proceed. Would you kindly introduce to this...Garrosh, was it?"


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"There are somethings that we may not understand at this point," Count Lowls says cryptically, "But only with further research will we know more."

"You'll have to meet the rest of the party in Dunlob. Rayland came back to report that Laelia had abandoned the mission and went off her own way, while he felt he was better off in the archives then leading a team on the field."Count Lowls explains. "Your coach is waiting, if you're ready to depart."


Auryl shrugs and eyes Rozalia and then Count Lowls. "I suppose I'm ready to go. Best to get it on with."


Female NG Human (Varisian) Witch 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1  

"Aye, let's go."


|HP: 30/30 (4NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 2/6 | Active conditions: TB: +5(6)[7], 2d6+2+3(+1)[+2] |

Caraid just trails behind his mother, staring with wide eyes at the Count the entire time.

Once they get into the carriage he furiously begins drawing again, but the breeze from the coaches passing blurs his lines and he soon ends up with a huge tangled web of colour and nothing else.

"Crud!" He exclaims, before shooting a guilty look at his mother. "I mean, bother!"


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Count Lowls calls one of his servants to arrange for the coach. The party hears the sound of hoof beats and the servant calls on the party, saying the coach is ready.

The coach itself is driven by a pale non-descript middle aged man, except for a jagged scar standing out against the pale skin of his throat, clad entirely a black top hat, black sealskin cape with black leather coat and breeches. The square, black covered up coach with windows at the side and back is pulled by two midnight black horses, and on top of each corner is a spike with a clove of garlic hanging from it.

The pale man gets off the driver's seat, and opens the the coach door, helping Caraid and Rozalia up onto the coach. "My name is Cain and I'll be taking you to Dunlob. The journey will take two days. If you need food and drink, it's under the seats."

"The rest of the party is at Dunlob, resting at the Blackbird. Garrosh got knifed by two skulking monsters, a couple of days ago."Cain adds.

The coach is surprisingly roomy, sufficient for everyone and their luggage to fit in comfortably and also smells of Garlic, as the party finds that cloves of garlic are stuffed in the corners.

Cain urges the horses on, and with the sound of hoof beats, the carriage speeds off from Iris Hill, on a gravel paved road. The ride is slightly bumpy, and the sky is overcast, as it usually is in Ustalav, as if the sun was reluctant to shine there.

The sparse, desolate plains are dotted with dead trees, their branches outstretched, as if a plea to the heavens for more sunlight - a plea that was never heard. 


Female NG Human (Varisian) Witch 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1  

Rozalia is mostly quiet during the journey. She looks out over the gloomy terrain, stretching out with her mystic senses to try to find the ley lines that run throughout Ustalav. There are particularly strong ones in Thrushmoor, and she can still sense their distant power, but this part of the county seems to be devoid of arcane energy.

She makes some small talk with Auryl and makes sure Caraid is taken care of as she anxiously awaits their arrival in Dunlob.


|HP: 30/30 (4NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 2/6 | Active conditions: TB: +5(6)[7], 2d6+2+3(+1)[+2] |

Caraid gives up on drawing after a while and instead fidgets incessantly in the corner of the carriage until he eventually falls asleep.

Even his dreams seem difficult - the young man twitches and fidgets a lot, and even though he doesn't cry out it is apparent that he isn't having exactly 'restful' sleep.

He still seems alright when he wakes though - making no comment about the night and simply getting on, although he does shift to sit next to his mother for a while.


Female NG Human (Varisian) Witch 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1  

Rozalia rests her son's head in her lap as he sleeps, stroking his hair to try to calm him down during his episodes. Her own sleep is interrupted by a frequent need to check on him.


Knifed?! Auryl scowls in reply and quickly averts his gaze to the side, opting to stare out of the window. Not that the scenery is worth any and all staring, but the Sarenite isn't about to start entertaining notions of doubt and remorse. Such notions were patiently waiting outside the door of his mind, eager to start knocking.

It's welcomed by Auryl that Rozalia takes the effort to engage in some small talk and, amongst other topics, he asks the mother about her faith - if any - and if she's ever been to a Sarenite hedge sermon. "We ought to avoid grand public displays of our faith and religion. Not everyone in Ustalav has yet come to grips with the Dawnflower's message, hence the meetings out in nature, behind hedges, and in secluded places."


Female NG Human (Varisian) Witch 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1  

"I've always been a devout Pharasmin," Rozalia tells Auryl, making the sign of the spiral over her breast. "I'm afraid I don't know much about Sarenrae's faith, but I'd be happy to listen if you'd care to enlighten me." She smiles warmly at the priest.


"T'is all about redemption, acceptation and making sure that positive energy can flow. In a sense, she represents the understanding that all of us are flawed and she accepts it. Well, accepts it only if you're willing to make amends for your wrongdoings, of course. Those who are past forgiveness will be cleansed with fire."

He doesn't add that unlike Pharasma, Sarenrae fills her followers with warmth and love. The cold nature of the Goddess of his Death makes sense given her nature, but Auryl has a hard time connecting to her because of it.


Female NG Human (Varisian) Witch 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1  

"Ah. Well, she seems a kind enough goddess, provided you remain on her good side," Roz says with a chuckle.


"Ain't that all mothers?", he comments drily. What he sees outside doesn't please him, but he knows it is far beyond his powers to change these lands. Still, spreading the name of Sarenrae here might one day result in the light finally finding its way back to Ustalav.

I'm ready to move on, btw. Not trying to stall things :3


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

The coach, after travelling through the better part of the day through that depressingly gray, desolate landscape, begins to slow down. "We'll be stopping at the ruins of Ailmor for the night. " Cain announces, then pulls the coach to a stop, next to a abandoned hovel. What might have been fortified walls have now crumbled to knee high blocks of stone, and the stone buildings lay abandoned without doors and windows, having long since decayed away. The roofs have also succumbed to the ravages of time, leaving no trace on what they might have once been, leaving each stone house exposed to the elements.

"Here, I need to tend to my girls," Cain gestures at his horses, as he unhitches them from the coach, and looks for a place to picket them, leaving the party to set up camp. "The last time we were here..there were some wolves around the area. I think we should set up watch."

Slide 1

Sorry but it makes no sense if the trip there suddenly became mysteriously shorter.


Female NG Human (Varisian) Witch 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1  

Roz clucks her tongue as she looks over the dilapidated hovel. It's not much, but at least it's a roof over their heads.

"Very well. Auryl, I assume you'll want to greet the rising sun, so you can have the last watch. I'll go first, and Caraid can take the middle one. Does that sound amenable?"


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

GM only:

anything? 1 no: 1d2 ⇒ 1

First watch

Rozalia sees a colony of bats wing their way through the skies in search of insects.

Second watch

Caraid hears the howling of wolves but it is very far in the distance.

Third watch

Auryl sees a pack of swallows fly across the sky as the sun rises,making tweeting cries.

The night passes without incident and the party wonders if Cain is a worry wart. "Well, I guess that didn't turn out too badly. The previous time the wolves were really close."Cain remarks.


Auryl uses the opportunity granted to him by Rozalia to spend some time in prayer, greeting the rising sun with closed eyes and letting the warmth of Sarenrae reinvigorate his body.

"You don't say? If they ever do come close, I might be able to scare them away with Sarenrae's fire, but knowing these lands, it might take more than fire to scare them off." The foulness that inhabits Ustalav had managed to even warp and twist the animals, so Auryl knows.


Female NG Human (Varisian) Witch 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1  

"Well, we were lucky inded," Rozalia says. "Let's press on before any other dangers present themselves."


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Seeing Auryl and Rozalia eager to leave, once Cain helps Caraid and Rozalia up the coach, he urges Moonlight and Shadow on, and soon the coach is on its way.

"We’ll be reaching Dunlob late afternoon!”Cain announces. As the party approaches Dunlob, the party sees a row of thatched roof wooden buildings on each side. Each building has a horseshoe nailed on its front door, which Rozalia and Auryl realize are symbols of warding.

Cain heads for the inn, a small wooden building with a thatched roof and a horseshoe nailed to the door, as well as a sign showing a black bird. He stops the coach in front of the inn then opens the door. "This is the Blackbird, the rest of the party is in there. Look for the half orc, Garrosh. "

The inn is dimly lit, with its floors and furniture made out of dark coloured willow, giving the inn a gloomy appearance. A stuffed stag head can be seen above the doorway as part of the inn’s decoration, and the few windows can be barred from within. A burly bald man with a thick moustache mans the counter, and next to the counter is a staircase leading up. A pale, thin serving girl greets the party, her voice a high pitched nasal whine,  ”So what can I get you?”

Kilarra, Piotr, Garrosh

An attractive woman with her face sporting a few worry lines and a bit of extra weight around her middle, with blue eyes sparkling with intellect stands in the doorway with a redhead who has a discoloured and mottled neck and teenager with a mop of wavy blond hair stand in the doorway.


|HP: 30/30 (4NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 2/6 | Active conditions: TB: +5(6)[7], 2d6+2+3(+1)[+2] |

Caraid scavenges in the fire for charcoal sticks and spends much of the day using them in drawings. He runs through paper quickly, sketch after sketch flying out of his hands as he stares out of the window at the landscape beyond.

Every picture features the same thing however, a city full of spires and towers, looming in the background of every pastoral scene. Eventually Caraid puts the charcoal stumps down and hands his final drawing to Auryl.

"Do you know this place?" He asks, "I see it in my dreams all the time. A city that everyone's forgotten..."

Wait... we were carried away by a Moonlight Shadow?


Female NG Human (Varisian) Witch 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1  

"Could you direct us to the man called Garrosh?" Rozalia asks the serving girl.


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

Assuming we are sitting at a table, late afternoon, so maybe an early dinner? Also has it been long enough we are healed?

At Rozalia's question, a board shoulder man with rust colored hair looks up from his dinner. His mouth had been in half grin, but settles in a sour scowl, which seems more natural to him in truth. His face is just made more for scowling than grinning. After a quick look at them, his eyes wander, not as one would expect them to wander given a pretty lady's entrance, but instead to obvious weaponry and gear.

He is also obviously not the most subtle person in the world, as he turns to a half orc sitting across from him, and asks "Friends of yours?"


The priest reluctantly accepts Caraid's drawing and inspects it in the way a teacher would, eyes keenly scanning the piece to unearth all of its details. "Can't say I do. It's no place where my goddess would dwell, I can tell you that much. Did someone use to tell you stories of great cities like Absalom?"

After that, the exchange between Rozalia and the serving girl draws Auryl's attention to the now-and-then.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8
Piotr Tataru wrote:
He is also obviously not the most subtle person in the world, as he turns to a half orc sitting across from him, and asks "Friends of yours?"

"I don't think so..." - the half-orc looks at the newcomers - "Their faces don't seem familiar" - he adds, then turns to Rozalia, raising his mug - "I am Garrosh, do we know each other?"

Apologies for the delay. Veeeery busy friday, and now it is weekend ;)


Female NG Human (Varisian) Witch 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1  

"Not yet. I am Rozalia Tilescu. This is Auryl Hajal and my son, Caraid. Count Lowls sent us to assist you in investigating the dark presence in this town."


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Garrosh looks around at his companions, then back at the woman and child - "Well met to you. Do you bear proof of this?"


Female NG Human (Varisian) Witch 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1  

Roz produces the spirit compasses and shows them to Garrosh.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

The half-orc nods, then motions for Rozalia and her traveling companions to sit with them - "Very well, take a seat" - he adds, again looking at Caraid - "You have someone to leave the child with? We've had some nasty encounters recently"


Female NG Human (Varisian) Witch 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1  

Roz scoffs. "He can take care of himself. He has...a gift."


|HP: 30/30 (4NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 2/6 | Active conditions: TB: +5(6)[7], 2d6+2+3(+1)[+2] |
Rozalia Tilescu wrote:
Roz scoffs. "He can take care of himself. He has...a gift."

"I'm touched." Caraid explains without particular emphasis. "And I can draw a lot."


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

The scowling man, scowls harder at the mention of the Count, but manages to pull himself out of his thoughts enough to bring back his half grin. "I'm Piotr. And that is Kilarra." he points to the other person at the table assuming Kilarra is with us.

"The count wouldn't have mentioned what we supposed to be doing next, has he? We've got a kind of thank you thing we need to do for the local wise woman, for patching us up. It aligns somewhat with what the count said to do so... if he didn't give any clear indications."


The lukewarm welcome leaves Auryl feeling anything but impressed. A sensation akin to water seeping into his boots on a cold night plagues the priest when he sits down, a cold clawing its way up and past his ankles. A firm shaking of the head dispells the illusion and he snorts, raising a hand at his new 'companions' to say both hello and to apologize for his episode.

"We are to continue the count's research into the supernatural occurrences here in Dunlob. I suppose that's both as vague and definite as it gets. Oh, and them compasses, they apparently only work when he who wields it has been .. exposed .. to the dark presence here .. whatever that means. They're not to be taken out of the boxes, however, so there's that too. Once again, vague yet precise. Luckily, we get to shine a light on all of this and find illumination."


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

Manners, brother Ann urged using her amused voice

"Oh yeah." He stands up, offering his hand to each of them, Caraid included. "Sorry, it was a rough one, then followed by near a week of nothing. I'm quiet glad you are here to help out. We three are decent sword swingers but dark presences, strange compasses, healing stab wounds, and all that are outside our skill sets." he'll grab another bench so the others can join them at the table.


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

A red-skinned tiefling with little horn nubs and furry hooves sits spread out on one of the seats. She is clearly fit and muscular, and has a resting face that would make a toddler wail.

Kilarra has gotten somewhat bored over the days spent idling. Her armour and weapons are all polished and sharpened to the extreme, and she's in peak health. For now, she's in her regular clothes and was about to dig into another batch of slop.

She looks up at the group and assesses them one by one. "The apple cider here is very good, but don't bother with the ale, it's more water than anything else. The locals don't like outsiders, but at least you're all human. You should be fine." She offers to shake Auryl's hand, who happens to be nearest to her.

Then Kilarra realizes something. "Ah. Did the count say anything about who's in charge now?"


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8
Caraid wrote:
Rozalia Tilescu wrote:
Roz scoffs. "He can take care of himself. He has...a gift."
"I'm touched." Caraid explains without particular emphasis. "And I can draw a lot."

"Touched..? What do you mean?" - the pragmatic half-orc presses on.

Piotr Tataru wrote:

Manners, brother Ann urged using her amused voice

"Oh yeah." He stands up, offering his hand to each of them, Caraid included. "Sorry, it was a rough one, then followed by near a week of nothing. I'm quiet glad you are here to help out. We three are decent sword swingers but dark presences, strange compasses, healing stab wounds, and all that are outside our skill sets." he'll grab another bench so the others can join them at the table.

"True enough" - Garrosh nods at Piotr, then turns to Auryl - "Very well then, 'vague' allows us some leeway" - the half-orc comments - "And while I do intend to carry out what Count Lowls has requested, I have also a debt to repay, so I would like to start there" - he explains and finishes with a shrug - "Also, it IS related to nightmares so... Who knows?"

Kilarra Dimir wrote:
Then Kilarra realizes something. "Ah. Did the count say anything about who's in charge now?"

At this Garrosh simply chuckles and shakes his head, taking another drink from his cider.


Female NG Human (Varisian) Witch 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1  

Rozalia gapes at Kilarra a bit, having never seen a tiefling before. At length, she remembers her manners, and averts her eyes. "Um, the count didn't mention who should be in charge. Since you all have been here for a little while already, I'm inclined to defer to your leadership."


Auryl shrugs at the hell-kissed woman and shares Garrosh's sentiments on the question of leadership.

"From what I gather the count considers himself to be in charge and expects us to complete the assignment. If we all do what we're good at, surely we should do just fine. On that note - stab wounds? I hope they've been taken care of, but if not, I can infuse you with the light of Sarenrae."


|HP: 30/30 (4NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 2/6 | Active conditions: TB: +5(6)[7], 2d6+2+3(+1)[+2] |

"What are we actually doing?" Caraid asks, seemingly oblivious to the leadership discussion as he stares curiously at Kilarra.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

"I was asking you and your mother if you would elaborate on what you mean by a 'gift' or the fact you are 'touched'" - Garrosh nods at the boy.


Female NG Human (Varisian) Witch 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1  

Rozalia puts her hand on Caraid's shoulder. "Go on, show them. It's okay."


|HP: 30/30 (4NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 2/6 | Active conditions: TB: +5(6)[7], 2d6+2+3(+1)[+2] |

As commanded Caraid begins sketching, his hands flowing through the air until a nearly full height portrait of Kilarra stands in front of the table, spinning slowly under the groups gaze.

"I draw on paper too." Caraid says, shooting a shy smile at the tiefling.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Garrosh does not make any effort to disguise his surprise, and smiles at Kilarra first, and then the boy - "Ok then - well done"

Then he turns to Rozalia - "He is your son, so I'm going to assume you are the most adept at parenting him. Just remember the things we face may not be fond of drawings" - he adds, dead serious and without a hint of sarcasm.

I guess we are ready to leave in the morrow?


Female NG Human (Varisian) Witch 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1  

Roz nods. "We'll both do our part to keep everybody safe."

Ready to go when everybody else is ready.

501 to 550 of 747 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Strange Aeons Prequel too! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.