SO GD VII Assault on Absalom 9-00 (Tier 1-2) (Inactive)

Game Master ScorchedOne

Maps & Handouts


351 to 375 of 375 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Male Human Magus (Kensai) 2
Combat Statistics:
[HP 14/15] [Init +3 | Per +0] [AC 16 | T 15 | FF 11] [CMB +1 | CMD 15] [F+3 | R+3 | W+3]
Resources and Conditions:
[Arcane Pool 4/6] [Personal Consumables: Scroll of shield 0/5] [Active Conditions: Enhanced Sword 10/10 rds]
Spells:
[0-lvl Spells Prepped: Detect Magic | Light | Spark] [1st Level Prepped: Magic Missile 1/1 | Shocking Grasp 1/1]

So tired, Cabe thinks to himself, panting as they rush back and forth across the battlefield. You're not as young as you were, Cabe. Need to work on your cardio.

He slumps forward slightly, unsure what he has left in him. Spells are a crutch, old man, he chides himself. Steel survives where magic dies. But... He grits his teeth and pours fresh power into his blade, which inexplicably hums with celestial power. A little more couldn't hurt.

His blade empowered, he faces the foe directly ahead of him, points a challenge to him with his blade, and rushes forward in a storm of steel.

Swift action to spend another Arcane Point and refresh the enchantment on my blade, then charging and stabbing. For liberty!

Dueling Sword vs. Yellow: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 10
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 10

... or not. XD

Dark Archive

Male CG Gnome Wizard 2 | HP 16/16 | AC *17 T 13 FF *14 | CMB -2, CMD 10 | F: +7, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +2, Low-Light Vision | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 3/4 | Shift: 6/6 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

Still panting, Drelluandast steps forward. "I'll do what I can!" he yells as another ball of acid goes flying.

Ranged touch, Inspire courage, Fatigued: 1d20 + 3 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 - 1 = 8
Acid damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3

Drelluandast targets the blue tiefling with acid splash. Maybe that'll hit against flat-footed touch AC, but won't get through any resistances. Oh well.

Grand Lodge

Male HP: 17/17 | AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat 13, CMD 22 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, SM +8, Bluff -1, Dip -1 | Speed 30ft | Stunning Fist: 0/2; Paizo Reroll +4 0/1; Potion of Cure Serious 1/1; Potion of Heroism 1/1; Evil Outsider Bane Shuriken 0/1 | Active conditions: None.

Kwan moves up while drawing his +1 Evil Outsider Bane shuriken.

"Push them back to the pit!" Kwan shouts as he throws the shuriken at the Cambion.

Attack roll: +4 dex +2 base +3 bane shuriken
Damage roll: +2 strength +3 enhancement +2d6 bane +1d6 lesser holy
Shuriken: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Damage: 1d2 + 5 + 2d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 5 + (2, 1) + (4) = 14

Grand Lodge

Kwan's weapon of choice bites deep into the cambion's flesh, who lets out an agonizing scream.

Liberty's Edge

Half-Orc |HP 46/46|AC:16: 12T: 14F | CMD 20| Fort: 9, Ref: 4. Will: 4| spd. 40| Int.+3|per,+6
raging stats:
HP. 54/54 | AC:15, 10 tch, 13 FF | Fort:+12, Ref:+5, Will:+7 | Att: MW Great axe +9 (1d12+15 dmg), Mace+8 (1d8+15dmg)|CMD 21
Att: MW Great axe +7 (1d12+12dmg.), composite L bow +7 (1d8+5) Bloodrager 4 (spelleater)
special:
Wordly 1/1 day(trait), Destined strike 0/3 day,ferocity 1/1 day, rage 7/12day,blood of life(fast heal 1 raging)
Conditions:,long arms|bear's endurance|fatigued|Healing sacrafice

Makon lets his axe do the talking for the last time in this adventure. Great ace: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 1 + 3 = 21dmg: 1d12 + 4 + 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 4 + (2) + 3 = 18 To whichever opponent seems less injured

Grand Lodge

Makon, in one hard swoop of his axe, knocks down one of the tieflings, who stops breathing almost immediately.

Grand Lodge

Stupid me, didn't realize Andy's action was on the previous page...
The sons of a demon try to push back, but only the tiefling is lucky enough to land his short sword on Kwan. The cambion's scimitar gets nowhere near Makon.
Tiefling Attack; Damage: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 181d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 Hit Kwan for 4 damage.
Cambion Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Your turn. Psst... you have an aid token charged with Allied offensive.

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 21/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 3/23] [Move: 20]

Psst...what does it do?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Magus (Kensai) 2
Combat Statistics:
[HP 14/15] [Init +3 | Per +0] [AC 16 | T 15 | FF 11] [CMB +1 | CMD 15] [F+3 | R+3 | W+3]
Resources and Conditions:
[Arcane Pool 4/6] [Personal Consumables: Scroll of shield 0/5] [Active Conditions: Enhanced Sword 10/10 rds]
Spells:
[0-lvl Spells Prepped: Detect Magic | Light | Spark] [1st Level Prepped: Magic Missile 1/1 | Shocking Grasp 1/1]

Cabe tries another hard swipe at the tiefling before him.

Attacking Yellow. Forgot to add in the +2 to attack from Cat's Grace last round, but I doubt a 12 would have hit. :P

Dueling Sword vs. Yellow: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 = 8

Liberty's Edge

Half-Orc |HP 46/46|AC:16: 12T: 14F | CMD 20| Fort: 9, Ref: 4. Will: 4| spd. 40| Int.+3|per,+6
raging stats:
HP. 54/54 | AC:15, 10 tch, 13 FF | Fort:+12, Ref:+5, Will:+7 | Att: MW Great axe +9 (1d12+15 dmg), Mace+8 (1d8+15dmg)|CMD 21
Att: MW Great axe +7 (1d12+12dmg.), composite L bow +7 (1d8+5) Bloodrager 4 (spelleater)
special:
Wordly 1/1 day(trait), Destined strike 0/3 day,ferocity 1/1 day, rage 7/12day,blood of life(fast heal 1 raging)
Conditions:,long arms|bear's endurance|fatigued|Healing sacrafice

using the allied offensive aid token. (that's +2 flanking bonus to hit plus an extra 1d8 dmg. correct?)[/i] Don't know if everyone can benefit from this token or just one character..@GM please let us know.

Make shuffles to the side in order to let Kwan have a clear egress of attack against the cambion. Makon then growls bringing his axe into play once more...a flat strike directed at the 1/2 demon's mid section. great axe: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 2 + 3 + 1 = 22dmg: 1d12 + 4 + 3 + 1d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 3 + (5) + (6) = 30 (bonuses were applied for aid token, destined strike and the holy weapon benefit.)(fyi if it matters; my Great axe is cold iron)

Grand Lodge

Allied Offensive: A Pathfinder agent strikes a creature at the same time as the PC, increasing the damage dealt on one attack by 1d8 points. In addition, after the attack, characters attacking the target are considered to be flanking it until the beginning of the attacker’s next turn. Boosted: +1d8 Extra damage to Makon's swing: 1d8 ⇒ 3 33 Total Damage, talk about payback! Not the same cambion, I know, perhaps they're cousins or somet'n?

Aid tokens are usable once per table, sadly they are not once per PC. And usable once per encounter.

Cabe's sword leaves a bleeding wound on the tiefling, while Makon's shining strike cuts clean through the cambion's mid-section.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Magus (Kensai) 2
Combat Statistics:
[HP 14/15] [Init +3 | Per +0] [AC 16 | T 15 | FF 11] [CMB +1 | CMD 15] [F+3 | R+3 | W+3]
Resources and Conditions:
[Arcane Pool 4/6] [Personal Consumables: Scroll of shield 0/5] [Active Conditions: Enhanced Sword 10/10 rds]
Spells:
[0-lvl Spells Prepped: Detect Magic | Light | Spark] [1st Level Prepped: Magic Missile 1/1 | Shocking Grasp 1/1]

Ugh I totally forgot about the lesser holy damage too. Well, I'll just have to try and remember next round (if there is one; we seem to be cleaning house.

Grand Lodge

Male HP: 17/17 | AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat 13, CMD 22 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, SM +8, Bluff -1, Dip -1 | Speed 30ft | Stunning Fist: 0/2; Paizo Reroll +4 0/1; Potion of Cure Serious 1/1; Potion of Heroism 1/1; Evil Outsider Bane Shuriken 0/1 | Active conditions: None.

Undeterred by his wound, Kwan steps forward to attack the remaining tiefling.

Flurry of Blows 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 2 + (6) = 13

Flurry of Blows 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 2 + (4) = 11

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 21/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 3/23] [Move: 20]

Andy moves forward.

Grand Lodge

Kwan knocks the last enemy in front of you, the way to the ballista is clear. Just like with the ritual, the Pathfinder need to work together to properly load the ballista.

DC 15 Profession (siege engineer) or ranged attack roll vs AC 18.

Just as you finish loading the siege engine, a pair of tieflings and a cambion stand near the steps leading to your platform.

This is the part of the Special where we start killing time?

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 21/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 3/23] [Move: 20]

This is the part of the Special where Andy drinks his potion of Heroism and hands his CSW potion to Kwan. "The target gains a +2 morale bonus on attack rolls, saves, and skill checks."

Grand Lodge

Friendly advice: Don't burn through your potions! We're almost done here, those can make a dent in the wallet of a Level 1-2 PC.

EDIT, After Overseer's post: Andy, I'm willing to let you keep your potions undrinked if you are =P.

Grand Lodge

Truth of the Seeker | DWK4 || 10-00 Successes: Reporting Form | Current Status || Spell Templates

***OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT***

The wicked glabrezu Katazuul, pierced by ballista bolts and scorched by spells, collapses as her portal sputters and closes. A moment later, a brass horn sounds a triumphant fanfare to announce that the fiend-flesh army has been routed. The march back to Absalom is a jubilant one, though rumors are running wild through the streets as to exactly who the invaders were, what they wanted, and why undead spies sprang to life shortly after beacons appeared around Skyreach. Despite rampant speculation of the Grand Lodge’s involvement in the invasion, the citizens as a whole recognize the heroism with which Pathfinder agents personally averted disaster and rode at the vanguard of the city’s victorious forces. Absalom’s primarch Lord Gyr—whom few remember seeing during the attack—remains silent on the matter, though Siege Lord Wynsal Starborn delivers a speech within the hour personally recognizing the Society’s key role in protecting the City at the Center of the World.

At the Grand Lodge, Ollysta Zadrian recounts news of the victory. “Soon after we stormed the siege castle and slew Katazuul, Absalom’s navy from Escadar arrived and sank what remained of the undead armada. Once again, Absalom has prevailed in the face of adversity!” Raising her armored fist in celebration, Zadrian shouts: “For Absalom! Absalom! Absalom!”

Master of Swords Marcos Farabellus seems only to have grown more concerned since the siege began, and he confirms what many agents had discovered earlier. “Based on many reports from Pathfinders, we have a reason to believe the attack was a concerted effort driven by several enemies of the Pathfinder Society. We now know that it was Pasha Muhlia Al-Jakri—once a respected leader of many Pathfinders—who used the Black Echelon codebook to summon the undead saboteurs. We have reason to believe Grandmaster Torch was involved, at least enough that his minions attempted to usurp Gulgamodh to turn against Absalom. Finally, we learned the demons in the siege castle were vassals of a powerful demon that’s no stranger to the Society, and it is not difficult to deduce that ex-venture-captain Thurl had a hand in creating the fiend-flesh army. Today, we emerged victorious, and I assure you that we shall ascertain these villains’ true motives and put a stop to them.”

That’s the end! Thank you for playing, everyone, and a particular thank you to all the hardworking GMs and backup GMs that made made this special possible.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Magus (Kensai) 2
Combat Statistics:
[HP 14/15] [Init +3 | Per +0] [AC 16 | T 15 | FF 11] [CMB +1 | CMD 15] [F+3 | R+3 | W+3]
Resources and Conditions:
[Arcane Pool 4/6] [Personal Consumables: Scroll of shield 0/5] [Active Conditions: Enhanced Sword 10/10 rds]
Spells:
[0-lvl Spells Prepped: Detect Magic | Light | Spark] [1st Level Prepped: Magic Missile 1/1 | Shocking Grasp 1/1]

My Dex is all jacked out, I can make the attack roll.

Ignoring the new threats for a moment, Cabe takes careful aim and fires the siege engine.

Is there a nonproficiency penalty on this? I assume there is. If not, increase the total by 4.

Siege Engine: 1d20 + 4 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 - 4 = 7

Sigh...

Grand Lodge

YAY! You did it! Thanks for sticking with me guys =) Now, the stuff you've waiting for... Chronicle Sheets PLEASE! Take a good look at them, and then a second look, IF there are any mistakes in them I'll fix them ASAP.

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 21/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 3/23] [Move: 20]

I thought they were for the session only. If we get to keep the items we chose, then yes, I didn't drink the Heroism potion...*wink**wink*

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 21/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 3/23] [Move: 20]

Ummm....I started with 5 xps. Otherwise, it looks good. Crypt of the Everflame grants 3 xp and 4 fame/prestige points, that's why the count is off.

Grand Lodge

@Andy: Fixed your sheet, so how'bout now? (And I think it was a typo on my end, sorry). About the potions, if you found them while adventuring, you're correct, you won't be able to keep them after the end of the scenario. I thought they were your regular off the shelf potions, that's why I suggested saving them.

Grand Lodge

Male HP: 17/17 | AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat 13, CMD 22 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, SM +8, Bluff -1, Dip -1 | Speed 30ft | Stunning Fist: 0/2; Paizo Reroll +4 0/1; Potion of Cure Serious 1/1; Potion of Heroism 1/1; Evil Outsider Bane Shuriken 0/1 | Active conditions: None.

The chronicle looks great. Thanks!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Magus (Kensai) 2
Combat Statistics:
[HP 14/15] [Init +3 | Per +0] [AC 16 | T 15 | FF 11] [CMB +1 | CMD 15] [F+3 | R+3 | W+3]
Resources and Conditions:
[Arcane Pool 4/6] [Personal Consumables: Scroll of shield 0/5] [Active Conditions: Enhanced Sword 10/10 rds]
Spells:
[0-lvl Spells Prepped: Detect Magic | Light | Spark] [1st Level Prepped: Magic Missile 1/1 | Shocking Grasp 1/1]

Exhausted and massaging his bad knee, Cabe slumps into a chair in the halls outside the chamber after the speeches with a relieved sigh. He is utterly spent, physically and mystically, but his mind is racing. While this was slightly less harrowing than delving into the bowels of a haunted academy, it was significantly more draining. And yet he feels invigorated.

Face it, old man, he thinks with a lopsided grin. You missed the fight.

Chuckling, he pushes himself to his feet and walks slowly back to his home in the city, wondering what the next mission will bring.

Thanks so much to ScorchedOne and Khaoz for running us through this! And to GM Dennis for overseeing. That was so much fun. Chronicle sheet looks good!

351 to 375 of 375 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SO GD VII Assault on Absalom 9-00 (Tier 1-2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.