SO GD VII Assault on Absalom 9-00 (Tier 1-2) (Inactive)

Game Master ScorchedOne

Maps & Handouts


51 to 100 of 375 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Nah, still fine. First mission and you were a bit late showing up. I also have to add the last mission result too.

People have been complaining that the local bread and water taste funny today.

Sailors have been talking about a strange fog rising in the Flotsam Graveyard and at sea beyond the bay. Some even say they’ve seen the outlines of masts within the fog.

Result of Gossip. No reward.

Liberty's Edge

Half-Orc |HP 46/46|AC:16: 12T: 14F | CMD 20| Fort: 9, Ref: 4. Will: 4| spd. 40| Int.+3|per,+6
raging stats:
HP. 54/54 | AC:15, 10 tch, 13 FF | Fort:+12, Ref:+5, Will:+7 | Att: MW Great axe +9 (1d12+15 dmg), Mace+8 (1d8+15dmg)|CMD 21
Att: MW Great axe +7 (1d12+12dmg.), composite L bow +7 (1d8+5) Bloodrager 4 (spelleater)
special:
Wordly 1/1 day(trait), Destined strike 0/3 day,ferocity 1/1 day, rage 7/12day,blood of life(fast heal 1 raging)
Conditions:,long arms|bear's endurance|fatigued|Healing sacrafice

Sorry everyone, I'll be more attentive. Had a rough couple of days..but, I'll check in twice a day on this thread from this point on..sorry again.

Makon looks at the undead horrors shambling along in the midst of Absalom! This shall not stand, We must liberate this castle from this plague of walking rotting flesh! For The Edge of Liberty! For Absalom! Makon then double moves along the rampart, up the stairs of the castle gatehouse, he pulls out a javelin then leans over the parapet to get a clear view of the undead roaming the courtyard bellow.


The undead shuffle forth, their steps eerily silent on the stones.

Bold May Act
----------
Andy
Makon

Bad Guys
Kwan
Drelluandast
Cabe
Boomer

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 2/23] [Move: 20]

Andy continues to sing the same verse..."My friends and I have come to fight, evil creatures we will smite. Your reign of terror soon will pass, once we have finished kicking your....butts."...as he fires a sling bullet at one of the undead creatures and loads a new bullet...

[dice=ranged attack vs. Undead with Purple "X"]1d20+4+1+1[/dice]
[dice=possible Blunt damage vs. Undead with Purple "X"]1d3+1+1[/dice]

NOTE: applying Point-Blank Shot and Inspire Courage. In case anyone had missed it, Andy had shared what he learned about the Undead with the group.

Inspire Courage(Su): A 1st level bard can use his performance to inspire courage in his allies (including himself), bolstering them against fear and improving their combat abilities. To be affected, an ally must be able to perceive the bard’s performance. An affected ally receives a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.

Liberty's Edge

Male CN Ifrit Alchemist (Grenadier) 1 | HP 9/9 - 2nl| AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 14 | F: +3, R: +4, W: -1 | Init: +2 | Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 30ft | Bombs: 4/4 | Extracts: 1st 2/2 | Mutagen: Strength | Active conditions: None
Extracts:
Targeted Bomb Admixture; True Strike

As the undead shuffle forward, Boomer can't help but laugh, "Tha...thanks for l...l..lining up for me. Enj...joy my present to you." He pulls a vial from his belt and kisses it before lobbing it at the middle undead.

Bomb attack v red x undead (touch): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
splash miss: 1d8 ⇒ 2 If I'm doing it right, lower left of target

Splash damage is still applied. Do you want to roll the miss on that?

EDIT: Added miss roll


You can roll the 1d8. I always consider "away" as 1 and go clockwise. I'll figure damage from there.

Dark Archive

Male CG Gnome Wizard 2 | HP 16/16 | AC *17 T 13 FF *14 | CMB -2, CMD 10 | F: +7, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +2, Low-Light Vision | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 3/4 | Shift: 6/6 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

Drelluandast creeps to the edge of the rampart and pulls out his acid flask. "Well, I can't quite match that, but I'll do what I can!" he says before casting a cantrip with a flick of his wrist and a quick arcane phrase. He points, and a small green orb flies towards the leading undead.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 1 = 24
Crit confirmation: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 1 = 16
Acid damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Additional Crit damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Drelluandast takes a 5 ft step, pulls out his acid flask to use as a focus, and casts Acid Splash on the undead with the blue X.

Grand Lodge

Male HP: 17/17 | AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat 13, CMD 22 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, SM +8, Bluff -1, Dip -1 | Speed 30ft | Stunning Fist: 0/2; Paizo Reroll +4 0/1; Potion of Cure Serious 1/1; Potion of Heroism 1/1; Evil Outsider Bane Shuriken 0/1 | Active conditions: None.

Kwan dashes to the bottom of the stairs and readies an attack against any enemy creature that comes nearby.

To make it that far, Kwan needed to jump a small gap, but it wasn't far and his minimum Acrobatics is 10.

Readied Attack:

Attack (Cold Iron Kama): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Magus (Kensai) 2
Combat Statistics:
[HP 14/15] [Init +3 | Per +0] [AC 16 | T 15 | FF 11] [CMB +1 | CMD 15] [F+3 | R+3 | W+3]
Resources and Conditions:
[Arcane Pool 4/6] [Personal Consumables: Scroll of shield 0/5] [Active Conditions: Enhanced Sword 10/10 rds]
Spells:
[0-lvl Spells Prepped: Detect Magic | Light | Spark] [1st Level Prepped: Magic Missile 1/1 | Shocking Grasp 1/1]

Cabe snorts at Andy's words about the undead. "No bow, then. Never was all that great a shot, anyway." He draws his dueling sword from its scabbard, as well as a scroll of shield, preparing to enter the fray next round.

Move action to draw sword, move action to draw scroll. I am helpful. :P

Liberty's Edge

Half-Orc |HP 46/46|AC:16: 12T: 14F | CMD 20| Fort: 9, Ref: 4. Will: 4| spd. 40| Int.+3|per,+6
raging stats:
HP. 54/54 | AC:15, 10 tch, 13 FF | Fort:+12, Ref:+5, Will:+7 | Att: MW Great axe +9 (1d12+15 dmg), Mace+8 (1d8+15dmg)|CMD 21
Att: MW Great axe +7 (1d12+12dmg.), composite L bow +7 (1d8+5) Bloodrager 4 (spelleater)
special:
Wordly 1/1 day(trait), Destined strike 0/3 day,ferocity 1/1 day, rage 7/12day,blood of life(fast heal 1 raging)
Conditions:,long arms|bear's endurance|fatigued|Healing sacrafice

Makon's eyes crease in irritation as he sees the line of undead shift their approach and head towards his fellow Pathfinders. On the other-side of the battlements he can hear the little one belt out a surprisingly robust battle hymn. That one's voice can carry, for someone so small! Gorum's blessing must be on him and us, this day! With a grin, Makon hoist the javelin already in his hand high over his head and moves towards the parapet over-looking the stairs. You shall not escape justice vial creatures! Gorum requires your flesh, to carpet his kingdom! Makon lets loose at the lead creature (blue X), all the while taping his foot to the steady hymn of the curious halfling. Javelin: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 1 = 15dmg: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10


The lead undead falls to acid and javelin. The remaining undead draw darts and hurl them.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 Drell

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 Boomer

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 Kwan

Their efforts are in vain, however.

I can't edit map right now, lead undead died, next one 5 footed to right.

Bold May Act
----------
Andy
Makon

Bad Guys
Kwan
Drelluandast
Cabe
Boomer

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 2/23] [Move: 20]

Andy continues to sing the same verse..."My friends and I have come to fight, evil creatures we will smite. Your reign of terror soon will pass, once we have finished kicking your....butts."...as he fires a sling bullet at one of the undead creatures and loads a new bullet...

[dice=ranged attack vs. Undead with Purple "X"]1d20+4+1+1[/dice]
[dice=possible Blunt damage vs. Undead with Purple "X"]1d3+1+1[/dice]

NOTE: applying Point-Blank Shot and Inspire Courage.

Inspire Courage(Su): A 1st level bard can use his performance to inspire courage in his allies (including himself), bolstering them against fear and improving their combat abilities. To be affected, an ally must be able to perceive the bard’s performance. An affected ally receives a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.

Grand Lodge

Male HP: 17/17 | AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat 13, CMD 22 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, SM +8, Bluff -1, Dip -1 | Speed 30ft | Stunning Fist: 0/2; Paizo Reroll +4 0/1; Potion of Cure Serious 1/1; Potion of Heroism 1/1; Evil Outsider Bane Shuriken 0/1 | Active conditions: None.

Kwan leans backward out of the way of the undead dart before moving up to the lead undead and attacking it with his kama.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 8

"This city is for the living. The dead should know their place and go to live among the ancestors."

Dark Archive

Male CG Gnome Wizard 2 | HP 16/16 | AC *17 T 13 FF *14 | CMB -2, CMD 10 | F: +7, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +2, Low-Light Vision | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 3/4 | Shift: 6/6 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

Drelluandast almost drops his flask as the dart whizzes right past his ear. "Whoah!" he cries. "Take that, you horrid thing!" He returns fire with another ball of acid.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 1 = 24
Crit Confirmation: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 = 8
Acid damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Additional Crit damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Drelluandast casts acid splash on the purple-X'ed undead.

Also, two crit threats in a row doesn't happen very often to a wizard!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Magus (Kensai) 2
Combat Statistics:
[HP 14/15] [Init +3 | Per +0] [AC 16 | T 15 | FF 11] [CMB +1 | CMD 15] [F+3 | R+3 | W+3]
Resources and Conditions:
[Arcane Pool 4/6] [Personal Consumables: Scroll of shield 0/5] [Active Conditions: Enhanced Sword 10/10 rds]
Spells:
[0-lvl Spells Prepped: Detect Magic | Light | Spark] [1st Level Prepped: Magic Missile 1/1 | Shocking Grasp 1/1]

Cabe unrolls the scroll and recites the incantation as an invisible disc of force forms before him. His defenses enhanced, he hops down from the wall and enters the fray with the nearest undead creature.

Casting shield from the scroll and moving up to Purple X. I assume that it's doable without issue, but just in case an Acrobatics check is needed, I'll roll that. Otherwise, cast and move comprises my turn.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Liberty's Edge

Male CN Ifrit Alchemist (Grenadier) 1 | HP 9/9 - 2nl| AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 14 | F: +3, R: +4, W: -1 | Init: +2 | Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 30ft | Bombs: 4/4 | Extracts: 1st 2/2 | Mutagen: Strength | Active conditions: None
Extracts:
Targeted Bomb Admixture; True Strike

I didn't see anything about the splash damage from the bomb. Should have been 4 damage to both the red and unmarked baddies.

Boomer pulls out another vial and kisses it for luck before lobbing it at the middle of the three undead creatures. "Le...let's try this a..a..gain." He let's fly the vial which explodes where he aimed, burning the surrounding area as well.

Bomb attack v red undead(touch): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Fire damage v red undead; 4 to unmarked and blue: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Yes, they took their damage. As I had said though, there was movement but no one updated map for me. Alas.

Curiously, you can all see Kwan's mouth moving, but don't hear anything coming out. Additionally, Kwan and Cabe find themselves in a zone of complete silence.

Bombs do much damage, as do strikes with Kama, dropping two more of the undead leaving only one remaining undead to fight. It lashes out ineffectually at Cabe.

Attack Cabe: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Party may act.

Grand Lodge

Male HP: 17/17 | AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat 13, CMD 22 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, SM +8, Bluff -1, Dip -1 | Speed 30ft | Stunning Fist: 0/2; Paizo Reroll +4 0/1; Potion of Cure Serious 1/1; Potion of Heroism 1/1; Evil Outsider Bane Shuriken 0/1 | Active conditions: None.

Undeterred by the lack of sound in his area, Kwan presses forward against the undead creature.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Liberty's Edge

Male CN Ifrit Alchemist (Grenadier) 1 | HP 9/9 - 2nl| AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 14 | F: +3, R: +4, W: -1 | Init: +2 | Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 30ft | Bombs: 4/4 | Extracts: 1st 2/2 | Mutagen: Strength | Active conditions: None
Extracts:
Targeted Bomb Admixture; True Strike

Boomer sees that he only has 2 bombs left and chooses to close with the remaining foe. He jumps down from the parapet, attempting to land gracefully. Unfortunately, he lands awkwardly and a shock goes up his legs and through his spine. "OOOO...ooo" As he steadies himself, he pulls his giant hammer from his back.

Acrobatics - DC15: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
nonlethal damage from 10' jump: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 2/23] [Move: 20]

Andy stops singing, puts away his sling and it's current bullet, and draws his rapier.

Pretty sure that is a full round's worth of action, so no movement.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Magus (Kensai) 2
Combat Statistics:
[HP 14/15] [Init +3 | Per +0] [AC 16 | T 15 | FF 11] [CMB +1 | CMD 15] [F+3 | R+3 | W+3]
Resources and Conditions:
[Arcane Pool 4/6] [Personal Consumables: Scroll of shield 0/5] [Active Conditions: Enhanced Sword 10/10 rds]
Spells:
[0-lvl Spells Prepped: Detect Magic | Light | Spark] [1st Level Prepped: Magic Missile 1/1 | Shocking Grasp 1/1]

Looking at the devastation wreaked by his compatriots, Cabe sighs at the waste of his scroll. Ah, well, he thinks. Best safe than dead. He takes a mighty swipe at the remaining undead.

Dueling Sword: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 1 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4

Dark Archive

Male CG Gnome Wizard 2 | HP 16/16 | AC *17 T 13 FF *14 | CMB -2, CMD 10 | F: +7, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +2, Low-Light Vision | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 3/4 | Shift: 6/6 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

Drelluandast sends another ball of acid on its way, then cheers on his companions in the courtyard "You got this! Whack it dead! Uh, dead again!" His inspiration is not as effective as Andy's was.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 3 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 3 - 4 - 2 = 12
Acid damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Drelluandast casts Acid Splash on the remaining undead.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Magus (Kensai) 2
Combat Statistics:
[HP 14/15] [Init +3 | Per +0] [AC 16 | T 15 | FF 11] [CMB +1 | CMD 15] [F+3 | R+3 | W+3]
Resources and Conditions:
[Arcane Pool 4/6] [Personal Consumables: Scroll of shield 0/5] [Active Conditions: Enhanced Sword 10/10 rds]
Spells:
[0-lvl Spells Prepped: Detect Magic | Light | Spark] [1st Level Prepped: Magic Missile 1/1 | Shocking Grasp 1/1]

Ah, I hadn't realized Andy stopped singing. My attack roll was only a 21 then. :P


No worries, order of whatever, not that stressed.

With the last acid splash, Delluandast causes the final undead to fall!

As you finish off your set of undead, your group of Muckruckers replace the Black Echelon’s black banners with those of the First Guard. Mission Complete. Select New Mission

Dark Archive

Male CG Gnome Wizard 2 | HP 16/16 | AC *17 T 13 FF *14 | CMB -2, CMD 10 | F: +7, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +2, Low-Light Vision | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 3/4 | Shift: 6/6 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

Drelluandast is giving you this look and mouthing "Cypher" over and over and over.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Magus (Kensai) 2
Combat Statistics:
[HP 14/15] [Init +3 | Per +0] [AC 16 | T 15 | FF 11] [CMB +1 | CMD 15] [F+3 | R+3 | W+3]
Resources and Conditions:
[Arcane Pool 4/6] [Personal Consumables: Scroll of shield 0/5] [Active Conditions: Enhanced Sword 10/10 rds]
Spells:
[0-lvl Spells Prepped: Detect Magic | Light | Spark] [1st Level Prepped: Magic Missile 1/1 | Shocking Grasp 1/1]

Cabe is voting for "Chains of Injustice," obviously. Your adorable gnome tricks have no effect on him! :P


If we keep up this decent posting rate we can get several done, we have many days, but the more we do, the more successes we generate, the more BOONS you have access to later. Just need a second vote. I'd say DA because he voted for that before, but it's not my choice.

Dark Archive

Male CG Gnome Wizard 2 | HP 16/16 | AC *17 T 13 FF *14 | CMB -2, CMD 10 | F: +7, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +2, Low-Light Vision | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 3/4 | Shift: 6/6 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

He won't be completely sad to do Chains either, so we can consider that a second vote for Chains.

(Then maybe Cypher?)

Grand Lodge

Male HP: 17/17 | AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat 13, CMD 22 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, SM +8, Bluff -1, Dip -1 | Speed 30ft | Stunning Fist: 0/2; Paizo Reroll +4 0/1; Potion of Cure Serious 1/1; Potion of Heroism 1/1; Evil Outsider Bane Shuriken 0/1 | Active conditions: None.

Chains is fine. Whatever, really, so long as we go fast!


If the you go looking for the Major Colson Maldris, leader of the Liberty’s Edge faction, you cannot find him. After you’ve searched for a few minutes, a stocky halfling named Tamrin Credence flags your group down.

Tamrin often works with the Bellflower Network, an antislavery operation that often cooperates with the faction, and he serves as a
stand-in faction leader.

“Looking for Maldris, are you? Me too. It seems the major’s been on hiatus for some time—worrisome, but hardly as dangerous as the army camped outside. What say we do a little good in the meantime?"

“Siege Lord Wynsal Starborn signed an emergency mandate that says any slaves who volunteer to serve Absalom in the defense of the city will earn their freedom. A few messengers set out to take the proclamation to Misery Row. Turns out, no slaves have showed up to help move supplies and fight fires, and Absalom’s finest figured the spooky undead saboteurs must have had something to do with it. Just to be sure, the First Guard has deputized fine freedom-longing folk like us to look into it, guarantee the message reaches Misery Row, and ensure the slave masters don’t try any monkey business.” Tamrin Credence scoffs to ensure his feelings about slavers’ integrity are entirely clear. “You, my friends, get to be the ones to carry out this important task. Remember that bloodshed tends not to endear emancipators to bystanders, so avoid violence unless you have no other choice.”

He gives you another copy of the proclamation. He grins as he does and adds, “It’s not every day someone gets to deliver a speech that undoes an unjust institution. Savor the moment, and make it good.”

As you arrive in Misery Row, you notice a group of people gathered around the dead body of a woman wearing a uniform that identifies her as one of the messengers who were sent to deliver the proclamation.

You may make Perception Checks, Heal Checks, and Diplomacy checks to examine the area, the body, and discuss with witnesses respectively. You may, if you choose to diplomacize, make a sense motive to check the veracity of statements.

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 2/23] [Move: 20]

lets get the basic rolls out of the way first...

"Move aside, please, let us through, we are Pathfinders."

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Heal check(untrained): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

"Did anyone see what happened to this young lady? Was she able to read the proclamation she carries?"

Andy scans the group of people to see how they react to the limited information...

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Liberty's Edge

Male CN Ifrit Alchemist (Grenadier) 1 | HP 9/9 - 2nl| AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 14 | F: +3, R: +4, W: -1 | Init: +2 | Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 30ft | Bombs: 4/4 | Extracts: 1st 2/2 | Mutagen: Strength | Active conditions: None
Extracts:
Targeted Bomb Admixture; True Strike

Boomer steps up besides Andy, knowing full well that he is completely inept in the ways of words, "Aaa..ah, listen to the little ma..man. Tell us wh..wha..what you know."

Diplomacy(Aid): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Liberty's Edge

Half-Orc |HP 46/46|AC:16: 12T: 14F | CMD 20| Fort: 9, Ref: 4. Will: 4| spd. 40| Int.+3|per,+6
raging stats:
HP. 54/54 | AC:15, 10 tch, 13 FF | Fort:+12, Ref:+5, Will:+7 | Att: MW Great axe +9 (1d12+15 dmg), Mace+8 (1d8+15dmg)|CMD 21
Att: MW Great axe +7 (1d12+12dmg.), composite L bow +7 (1d8+5) Bloodrager 4 (spelleater)
special:
Wordly 1/1 day(trait), Destined strike 0/3 day,ferocity 1/1 day, rage 7/12day,blood of life(fast heal 1 raging)
Conditions:,long arms|bear's endurance|fatigued|Healing sacrafice

Makon is excited at the mission. Helping to ensure the freedom of the oppressed what could be better!? However, he’s a bit frustrated when he’s told to avoid bloodshed. words.... words! What good are the without a blade to back them?! Makon arrives in misery row trying to push down his natural anger. He takes a deep breath and inspects the body and the surrounding area. perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Magus (Kensai) 2
Combat Statistics:
[HP 14/15] [Init +3 | Per +0] [AC 16 | T 15 | FF 11] [CMB +1 | CMD 15] [F+3 | R+3 | W+3]
Resources and Conditions:
[Arcane Pool 4/6] [Personal Consumables: Scroll of shield 0/5] [Active Conditions: Enhanced Sword 10/10 rds]
Spells:
[0-lvl Spells Prepped: Detect Magic | Light | Spark] [1st Level Prepped: Magic Missile 1/1 | Shocking Grasp 1/1]

Cabe doesn't notice anything out of the ordinary in the surrounding area, but he's all too familiar with violence and death. He scans the body thoroughly, noting incisions, contusions, and any other trauma. He then asks any nearby bystanders what happened, but he is not, as the layman would say, a "people person," and doubts anyone is going to want to talk to him. Still he won't know until he tries.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Heal: 1d20 ⇒ 18
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 3

Grand Lodge

Male HP: 17/17 | AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat 13, CMD 22 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, SM +8, Bluff -1, Dip -1 | Speed 30ft | Stunning Fist: 0/2; Paizo Reroll +4 0/1; Potion of Cure Serious 1/1; Potion of Heroism 1/1; Evil Outsider Bane Shuriken 0/1 | Active conditions: None.

Kwan follows Andy as he guides the crowd to make room for the Pathfinders and examines the crime scene.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Heal (untrained): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

"Please, if anyone knows what happened here, tell us."

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Liberty's Edge

Half-Orc |HP 46/46|AC:16: 12T: 14F | CMD 20| Fort: 9, Ref: 4. Will: 4| spd. 40| Int.+3|per,+6
raging stats:
HP. 54/54 | AC:15, 10 tch, 13 FF | Fort:+12, Ref:+5, Will:+7 | Att: MW Great axe +9 (1d12+15 dmg), Mace+8 (1d8+15dmg)|CMD 21
Att: MW Great axe +7 (1d12+12dmg.), composite L bow +7 (1d8+5) Bloodrager 4 (spelleater)
special:
Wordly 1/1 day(trait), Destined strike 0/3 day,ferocity 1/1 day, rage 7/12day,blood of life(fast heal 1 raging)
Conditions:,long arms|bear's endurance|fatigued|Healing sacrafice

Frustrated at finding nothing useful, Makon instead takes a deep breath and decides to interrogate the bystanders . excuse me did you see what happened here? diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 while speaking he measures each of potential witnesses responses . sense motive: 1d20 ⇒ 12


Kwan notices not only that all valuables have been stolen, but also that the proclamation is missing—it is not on the body or anywhere near the body. He also realizes that the messenger’s jacket has a well-hidden pocket in the lining, but it’s also empty. Not only that, he remarks that the perpetrators were wearing heavy boots and weighed around 200 pounds each based on footprints.

Cabe notices that the woman died from blunt force trauma, probably fists, but that the assailants probably didn't mean to kill her.

Yggwil says he saw “a few of those rotten buggers” just before he found the body and almost tripped on it. He’s very sure the undead killed the woman, but Kwan knows this one is full of it.

Marten, one of Misery Row’s many “street urchins,” is initially reluctant to talk, but Kwan and Boomer convince him to reveal that he saw three or four thugs beating up the woman and running toward the Slave Pits after they took something from the woman’s body. Andy verifies the story.

Hearing this, the group sets out for the Slave Pits, and comes across a group of toughs blocking their passage! “Sorry, guv’nors, you gotta turn back. Lord’s orders.”

Perception DC 15:
These folks have bruises on their knuckles.

You may indicate why you are here, and what you suspect. When indicating your suspicions, please outline what evidence you are using to support any allegations you make.

Dark Archive

Male CG Gnome Wizard 2 | HP 16/16 | AC *17 T 13 FF *14 | CMB -2, CMD 10 | F: +7, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +2, Low-Light Vision | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 3/4 | Shift: 6/6 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Drelluandast pulls himself up to his full 3 feet of height. "Excuse us, but we are Pathfinders on an important mission from Marcos Farabellus," he proclaims. "Let us pass!"

Diplomacy to Aid Another: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Grand Lodge

Male HP: 17/17 | AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat 13, CMD 22 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, SM +8, Bluff -1, Dip -1 | Speed 30ft | Stunning Fist: 0/2; Paizo Reroll +4 0/1; Potion of Cure Serious 1/1; Potion of Heroism 1/1; Evil Outsider Bane Shuriken 0/1 | Active conditions: None.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

"We may not turn back. We are on Siege business, and also in pursuit of a suspect that seeks to thwart the actions of the Siege Lord himself. The suspects killed a messenger sent by the city and took the proclamation they were to deliver, though the marks left on the body suggest that murder may not have been intended. They closely searched the victim, and were not some simple thug as the victim's hidden pockets were discovered as well. Two witnesses saw three or four men commit this crime and that they departed in this direction. The assailants we seek went this way, and we must follow. Their actions put the entire city at risk."

My schedule this weekend is all catywampus. I'll try to keep up, but if I'm not responding, bot me sooner than you usually would.

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 2/23] [Move: 20]

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

"I'm pretty sure these will have bruised knuckles, like you guys do. Like my companions said though, we don't think they were trying to kill the messenger. I am pretty sure if they were just following orders, and were to tell us who sent them, then any official charges would be brought up against that person. Anything you gentlemen would like to tell us before you let us pass?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Magus (Kensai) 2
Combat Statistics:
[HP 14/15] [Init +3 | Per +0] [AC 16 | T 15 | FF 11] [CMB +1 | CMD 15] [F+3 | R+3 | W+3]
Resources and Conditions:
[Arcane Pool 4/6] [Personal Consumables: Scroll of shield 0/5] [Active Conditions: Enhanced Sword 10/10 rds]
Spells:
[0-lvl Spells Prepped: Detect Magic | Light | Spark] [1st Level Prepped: Magic Missile 1/1 | Shocking Grasp 1/1]

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 7
Diplomacy (aiding Andy): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Cabe clears his throat. "What he said."

Oh, Cabe. Ever the Face. Also somebody get this old man some glasses.


Between Kwan and Andy, enough is said that the thugs don't seem to want to press their luck. They spill their guts. The Siege Lord’s mandate didn’t sit well with several members of the Coin Council, most notably Lord Nevvem of House Wachail. Believing the Siege Lord’s mandate an unacceptable seizure of property, Lord Nevvem dispatched cronies to intercept the official messengers and ensure the order never arrived. The thugs only meant to give the messenger a beatdown and steal the proclamation, but they botched the job and accidentally killed the messenger.

In exchange for not being harshly punished, they give you all that information, and promise to let the slaves know about the proclamation, the copy of which they brandish. Mission complete!

Are we starting from bottom, or doing DA?

ADDITIONALLY: If we don't plan on using the aid token post-haste, it is better to boost it now and pass it. In between missions is perfect time to boost and pass.

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 2/23] [Move: 20]

I believe that we had promised to do the DA mission next. I think boost and pass would be fine. I just think someone a little more martially inclined then myself should attempt the roll.

Dark Archive

Male CG Gnome Wizard 2 | HP 16/16 | AC *17 T 13 FF *14 | CMB -2, CMD 10 | F: +7, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +2, Low-Light Vision | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 3/4 | Shift: 6/6 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

I'm fine to go bottom to top. We're certainly knocking these out quickly enough that we stand a good chance of getting to the DA mission before this phase is over.


Bottom it is. Sovereign Court.

Lady Gloriana Morilla reports, “The city is in dire straits, Pathfinders. The Siege Lord Wynsal Starborn is a strong leader, but he’s had difficulty gathering the High Council—and in turn getting other nobles to focus. The recent acts of sabotage have caused many noble families to seal off their estates or begin evacuating the city in private ships. Not only is this cowardly exodus clogging the harbor and sowing confusion, but it is also disrupting other defenses because the nobles had earlier promised their household guards’ service in defending the city. Acting under authority granted by the Siege Lord, help me find them and remind them of their responsibilities as members of the nobility. History need not remember them and their descendants as the ones who failed Absalom.”

The Arpadors::
The Arpadors are calm and collected, favoring an exaggeratedly formal Taldan accent and verbiage. Marton Arpador, the head of the family, is very fashionable and fond of twirling his mustache and noncommittally using the word “indeed.”

The Caperinas::
The Caperinas have narrow eyes and prominent cheekbones. Annalia Caperina, the head of the family, likes to hold her gray Chelish ragdoll cat in her arms and overuses the word “perhaps” while avoiding explicitly affirmative or negative answers.

The al-Hadirs::
The al-Hadirs wear loose-fitting silk garments, and both the men and women of the family wear their hair long. Naadhira al-Hadir, the head of the family, speaks slowly and deliberately, often invoking her patron deity’s name in expressions like “by Sarenrae’s grace.”

You may make either a bluff, diplomacy, or intimidate against each. To know which is best, you may first make a Sense Motive check, or knowledge check. The checks, in order, are Local, Religion, and History.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Magus (Kensai) 2
Combat Statistics:
[HP 14/15] [Init +3 | Per +0] [AC 16 | T 15 | FF 11] [CMB +1 | CMD 15] [F+3 | R+3 | W+3]
Resources and Conditions:
[Arcane Pool 4/6] [Personal Consumables: Scroll of shield 0/5] [Active Conditions: Enhanced Sword 10/10 rds]
Spells:
[0-lvl Spells Prepped: Detect Magic | Light | Spark] [1st Level Prepped: Magic Missile 1/1 | Shocking Grasp 1/1]

Whew, okay. Not Cabe's forte, but we'll give it the old college try! First, Sense Motive checs to figure out which check goes where!

Sense Motive (Arpadors): 1d20 ⇒ 17
Sense Motive (Caperinas): 1d20 ⇒ 4
Sense Motice (al-Hadirs): 1d20 ⇒ 19

Grand Lodge

Male HP: 17/17 | AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat 13, CMD 22 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, SM +8, Bluff -1, Dip -1 | Speed 30ft | Stunning Fist: 0/2; Paizo Reroll +4 0/1; Potion of Cure Serious 1/1; Potion of Heroism 1/1; Evil Outsider Bane Shuriken 0/1 | Active conditions: None.

Sense Motive Arpadors: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Sense Motive Caperinas: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Sense Motive al-Hadirs: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


Results:
The Arpadors are hiding because they are afraid of the undead, not out of selfishness. Promising them that they’ll be protected decreases the difficulty of the Diplomacy check.

Annalia is wearing a small pentagram amulet paying homage to Asmodeus—an act of devotion she’s picked up in response to the pending siege. Due to her family’s public renunciation of Asmodeus, this is a point of embarrassment, and a pointing this out to her reduces the difficulty of the Bluff check.

You determine that Naadhira is hardheaded and doesn’t respond well to threats; you can attempt a second Bluff or Diplomacy check in place of an Intimidate check.

And sorry, you must actually make all THREE checks, but only one person may make each check (So one can make all three, or you can each take one). So talk amongst yourselves for who will do what.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Magus (Kensai) 2
Combat Statistics:
[HP 14/15] [Init +3 | Per +0] [AC 16 | T 15 | FF 11] [CMB +1 | CMD 15] [F+3 | R+3 | W+3]
Resources and Conditions:
[Arcane Pool 4/6] [Personal Consumables: Scroll of shield 0/5] [Active Conditions: Enhanced Sword 10/10 rds]
Spells:
[0-lvl Spells Prepped: Detect Magic | Light | Spark] [1st Level Prepped: Magic Missile 1/1 | Shocking Grasp 1/1]

Oh, okay. Other people should make the Sense Motive checks then because my modifier is a +0.


Caebricalius Melandrus wrote:
Oh, okay. Other people should make the Sense Motive checks then because my modifier is a +0.

No, I mean you must make a bluff, intimidate, and diplomacy for each family. Except where elsewhere contradicted.

51 to 100 of 375 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SO GD VII Assault on Absalom 9-00 (Tier 1-2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.