SO GD VII Assault on Absalom 9-00 (Tier 1-2) (Inactive)

Game Master ScorchedOne

Maps & Handouts


1 to 50 of 375 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Please feel free to ninja dot below. Game will start October 1st. Ninja dotting means you create a post with a . in it, then delete that post. It makes you subscribed to the thread without cluttering with a number of dots.

Grand Lodge

“Pathfinders, our beloved Absalom faces the threat of invasion and needs our help. Just as Absalom has been our Society’s home for centuries, so does it fall to us to aid in its defense. Find the group to which you’ve been assigned, lend a hand as the city prepares for the siege, and be ready for more instructions.”


Hundreds of Pathfinders stand waiting at the Grand Lodge for news of the coming battle, and a murmur of anticipation has risen from the nervous crowd. Master of Swords Marcos Farabellus takes the lectern, raises his hand for attention, and speaks:

“Pathfinders, thank you for answering my call. It has been two days since we received news of an army of demonic abominations building a siege castle in the Cairnlands north of Absalom. Today, the Grand Council of Absalom announced they have invoked an old wartime law, according to which a Siege Lord must be appointed to oversee the city’s defense. They’ve made an excellent choice: Wynsal Starborn, District Seat on the Grand Council and retired Captain of the First Guard."

“He has already organized scouting forays and evacuations of the outer towns in preparation for a siege. The Pathfinder Society has pledged to help the Siege Lord with the preparations. All of you have been assigned to teams, and if you have already found the other members of your team, you should get started. Go now, but be ready to return here when you hear the signal horn.”

Linked in the Maps & Handouts link at the top are several missions. This is "Part 1". Let me know which one you are attempting, make one of the relevant checks in the second column. If you think something particularly appropriate we can sub in a third/fourth skill, but for the most part we should be using the skills listed.

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 0/23] [Move: 20]

Is there a limit to how many missions we are attempting?


We can do them all, in time. Please attempt one at a time.

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 0/23] [Move: 20]

Can we all attempt the same mission? Can we aid another?

Andy's skills: Acrobatics(untrained)(+4); climb(untrained)(+2); craft(none); diplomacy(+8); disable device(none); intimidate(untrained)(+3); knowledge(arcana)(+8); knowledge(engineering/bardic knowledge)(+3); knowledge(local)(+8); knowledge(religion/bardic knowledge)(+3); perception(+8); spellcraft(+7); stealth(+2); survival(none); UMD(+8)

Grand Lodge

Male HP: 17/17 | AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat 13, CMD 22 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, SM +8, Bluff -1, Dip -1 | Speed 30ft | Stunning Fist: 0/2; Paizo Reroll +4 0/1; Potion of Cure Serious 1/1; Potion of Heroism 1/1; Evil Outsider Bane Shuriken 0/1 | Active conditions: None.

Kwan attempts to chase down a spy across the rooftops of the city.

Acrobatics (Jump): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Dark Archive

Male CG Gnome Wizard 2 | HP 16/16 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | CMB -2, CMD 10 | F: +7, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +2, Low-Light Vision | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Shift: 6/6 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

Drelluandast huff and puffs his way through Absalom's streets, waving cheerfully at caravan drivers until he spots his target - an overturned wagon blocking a major thoroughfare!

"Hang in there!" he says to the distraught teamster. "I don't know much about all these chemicals, but I do know bottles!" He quickly starts collecting vials and re-corks them before stacking them in boxes, then moves to a pile of spilled blankets and rolls them deftly.

Craft (Calligraphy): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

I know this is a bit of a stretch - let me know if it's a stretch too far to use this skill here.


You may aid another, and what I mean is that we ALL need to attempt one mission at a time. Such as ALL be doing "Catching a Spy" as Kwan was. It is too far of a stretch to go there, Drelluandast.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Magus (Kensai) 2
Combat Statistics:
[HP 14/15] [Init +3 | Per +0] [AC 16 | T 15 | FF 11] [CMB +1 | CMD 15] [F+3 | R+3 | W+3]
Resources and Conditions:
[Arcane Pool 4/6] [Personal Consumables: Scroll of shield 0/5] [Active Conditions: Enhanced Sword 10/10 rds]
Spells:
[0-lvl Spells Prepped: Detect Magic | Light | Spark] [1st Level Prepped: Magic Missile 1/1 | Shocking Grasp 1/1]

I have no problem doing "catch a spy" first. This is going to be a straight up Dex check though, so I'll do Aid Another on Kwan.

Acrobatics (Aid Another): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 Success!

Cabe looks, crestfallen, at the rooftops as Kwan bolts in pursuit of the spy. Ye gods, this is going to be murder on these old knees. Still, there is work to be done, and Cabe gets to it. He leaps clean and hard across the shingles and thatches, doing his best to keep up with the (I'm assuming) significantly younger Kwan, offering a hand here and there when it looks like the young man is about to fall.

Dark Archive

Male CG Gnome Wizard 2 | HP 16/16 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | CMB -2, CMD 10 | F: +7, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +2, Low-Light Vision | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Shift: 6/6 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

Acrobatics (Aid Another): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (8) - 2 = 6

"Yeah! We got this! We... Whoops!" Drelluandast says as he follows Kwan and Cabe, bounding gracefully off one rooftop and falling quite short of the next. As he slides down the side of the building, the rest of the party hears a faint, "Wooooo!"

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 0/23] [Move: 20]

Acrobatics(Aid Another): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

"Get'em Kwan! You can do it!"

Liberty's Edge

Half-Orc |HP 46/46|AC:16: 12T: 14F | CMD 20| Fort: 9, Ref: 4. Will: 4| spd. 40| Int.+3|per,+6
raging stats:
HP. 54/54 | AC:15, 10 tch, 13 FF | Fort:+12, Ref:+5, Will:+7 | Att: MW Great axe +9 (1d12+15 dmg), Mace+8 (1d8+15dmg)|CMD 21
Att: MW Great axe +7 (1d12+12dmg.), composite L bow +7 (1d8+5) Bloodrager 4 (spelleater)
special:
Wordly 1/1 day(trait), Destined strike 0/3 day,ferocity 1/1 day, rage 7/12day,blood of life(fast heal 1 raging)
Conditions:,long arms|bear's endurance|fatigued|Healing sacrafice

Makon is walking to towards the group of Pathfinders he has been assigned to when, he sees several of his comrades break off and start to chase, a suspicious looking person. Makon without hesitation, joins the chase. Soon the chase, somehow makes it ways to the roof-tops. Staying in the alleys, Makon tries to anticipate the suspects moves. He moves in front of the direction he thinks, the suspect is heading and quickly dons his climbing gear, to scale up to roof-top level; potentially cutting off the suspect's escape route. climb: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 0/23] [Move: 20]

I will be AFK for the next 6-8 hours, so to speed things along:

DEFENSIVE WARDS: Knowledge(Arcana): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

EVACUATION NOTICE: Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

EVACUATION NOTICE(scouting): Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

STRANGE THINGS: Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

URGENT REPAIRS: Knowledge(Engineering/Bardic Knowledge/Aid Another): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

USEFUL GOSSIP: Diplomacy(or Knowledge(local)/both the same): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

I apologize for the lack of role-playing, but I didn't want to hold everyone up do to lack of time.


Though there are some stumbles along the way, with the assistance of the rest of your group you do manage to track down the spy. The spy falls to his death, but you find a symbol resembling a bull’s head branded on his skin. On his last breath, the spy says: “You’re no match for the demon-flesh army my liege commands!”

Once during the adventure, when the group encounters one or more construct opponents, the group can activate this reward to grant the PCs a +4 bonus on their initiative checks for that encounter.

You may atttempt a new mission!

Dark Archive

Male CG Gnome Wizard 2 | HP 16/16 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | CMB -2, CMD 10 | F: +7, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +2, Low-Light Vision | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Shift: 6/6 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

Dusting himself off, Drelluandast pulls out a piece of parchment. "Chase someone across a rooftop - done!" he says happily, checking an item off the list. "Next, help reinforce the wards..." He glances around the get his bearings, then trots off towards a nearby tower.

As Drelluandast arrives at a ward focus, he spots a familiar face. "Andy!" he calls excitedly, "I'm here to help too!" and joins in investigating and reinforcing the defensive spells.

Spellcraft (Assist): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Magus (Kensai) 2
Combat Statistics:
[HP 14/15] [Init +3 | Per +0] [AC 16 | T 15 | FF 11] [CMB +1 | CMD 15] [F+3 | R+3 | W+3]
Resources and Conditions:
[Arcane Pool 4/6] [Personal Consumables: Scroll of shield 0/5] [Active Conditions: Enhanced Sword 10/10 rds]
Spells:
[0-lvl Spells Prepped: Detect Magic | Light | Spark] [1st Level Prepped: Magic Missile 1/1 | Shocking Grasp 1/1]

Cabe follows the small folk to the wards and studies the runes, struggling to remember his lessons on basic abjuration from his youth in Skywatch, chatting with Andy about his brief tenure there as they walk.. "Yes, strange city. Not a school per se, but a small group of the mages restoring the observatory would occasionally take on students. I was actually kicked out only two months before they sealed themselves off - no I think that rune goes next? Oh right, no, that's only specifically for ice wards... Anyway, I suppose I'm lucky. Skywatch has been sealed for almost two decades now. Is this...? I think this ward neads a few more aetheric strands..."

Spellcraft (Aid Another): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Your group helps to establish potent abjurations that protect them in addition to protecting the city. Reward added to handout. In fact not to be a buzzkill, but he kinda did all of them except Useful Gossip if you guys want to focus on that one. You may alternately aid in others for RP/story purposes, but that's the only one that mechanically needs help.

Grand Lodge

Male HP: 17/17 | AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat 13, CMD 22 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, SM +8, Bluff -1, Dip -1 | Speed 30ft | Stunning Fist: 0/2; Paizo Reroll +4 0/1; Potion of Cure Serious 1/1; Potion of Heroism 1/1; Evil Outsider Bane Shuriken 0/1 | Active conditions: None.

Evacuation Notice now I guess.

Kwan moves about the city trying to warn the people of the impending danger. "You should seek shelter. The city watch and the Pathfinder Society are here to protect you, but there will be danger about. Your homes are not worth your lives, and staying outside the city walls will not protect your possessions."

Diplomacy (Assist): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14

Edit: I should look at what the GM is saying more closely before I post. Can I have that assist roll for Gossip instead?


Evacuation Notice
Once the people reach the safety of the walls, they regret their initial stubbornness and become thankful.

Reconnaissance
The group find that the army consists of various kinds of creatures stitched together from demonic flesh: constructs, oozes, and undead.In addition, you notice both that the army’s field commanders are all minotaurs and that there are true demons among the army’s ranks.

Strange Things
The Pathfinders find a skeletal footprint and a part of a broken sickle. Following the skeletal footprints, you notice that the supports of a bridge have been sabotaged.

Urgent Repairs
You help repair his wagon, the merchant is extremely grateful!

You have earned a number of rewards, which are on the "Part 1" portion of the Maps/Handouts link.

EDIT: Yes Kwan, we can apply that to Useful Gossip.

Grand Lodge

Male HP: 17/17 | AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat 13, CMD 22 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, SM +8, Bluff -1, Dip -1 | Speed 30ft | Stunning Fist: 0/2; Paizo Reroll +4 0/1; Potion of Cure Serious 1/1; Potion of Heroism 1/1; Evil Outsider Bane Shuriken 0/1 | Active conditions: None.

For the sake of just going through it, I'll do the rest of them.

Rolling Dice & Stuff:

Kwan was unable to help with establishing wards about the city, but is glad that the rest of the party managed it.

Kwan moves among the rubble of the Cairlands cautiously, trying to survey the incoming armies at a long distance.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Kwan also investigates stange occurrences around the city. A half-elven child went missing despite being closely watched.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

He also attempts to help with needed repairs around the city. Though untrained, he attempts to add his efforts with manual labor.

Combat Maneuver Check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Magus (Kensai) 2
Combat Statistics:
[HP 14/15] [Init +3 | Per +0] [AC 16 | T 15 | FF 11] [CMB +1 | CMD 15] [F+3 | R+3 | W+3]
Resources and Conditions:
[Arcane Pool 4/6] [Personal Consumables: Scroll of shield 0/5] [Active Conditions: Enhanced Sword 10/10 rds]
Spells:
[0-lvl Spells Prepped: Detect Magic | Light | Spark] [1st Level Prepped: Magic Missile 1/1 | Shocking Grasp 1/1]

USEFUL GOSSIP:

Diplomacy (gather info) Aid Another: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Seeing Andy struggling to find people with relevant info, Cabe mutters, "Perhaps it's best if we try a different establishment, my friend. When seeking information about a siege, ask the soldiers." He leads them to a tavern he knows to be frequented by soldiers, city watch, and the more martially-oriented among the Pathfinders, hoping they get better luck.

For my ammunition, I'll take a +1 constructbane bolt, and a potion of cat's grace for my other potion (if I'm reading those rewards correctly).

Dark Archive

Male CG Gnome Wizard 2 | HP 16/16 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | CMB -2, CMD 10 | F: +7, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +2, Low-Light Vision | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Shift: 6/6 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

Knowledge (local) to assist: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Drelluandast is happy to help by ordering the tavern's "secret" specialty. "It's a bit like getting kicked in the back of the head repeatedly by a fish, according to the folks who brew it," he says with a shrug as he continues ferrying glasses from the bar to the table where Andy and Cabe sit talking with the soldiers.

Drelluandast will snag a potion of invisibility. Remembering what his friends said the spy's last words were, he'll also snag a +1 bane (outsider (evil)) crossbow bolt, then offer it to anyone with a crossbow (if that's allowed).


That sounds exactly right, Cabe, unless there's a 3rd level potion you'd prefer instead.

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 0/23] [Move: 20]

Back. Andy will take a +1 constuct bane sling bullet and a potion of heroism.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Magus (Kensai) 2
Combat Statistics:
[HP 14/15] [Init +3 | Per +0] [AC 16 | T 15 | FF 11] [CMB +1 | CMD 15] [F+3 | R+3 | W+3]
Resources and Conditions:
[Arcane Pool 4/6] [Personal Consumables: Scroll of shield 0/5] [Active Conditions: Enhanced Sword 10/10 rds]
Spells:
[0-lvl Spells Prepped: Detect Magic | Light | Spark] [1st Level Prepped: Magic Missile 1/1 | Shocking Grasp 1/1]

I thought about taking a potion of haste, but kensai AC is hot garbage for the first couple of levels so I figured cat's grace would boost both my AC and to-hit with my dueling sword.

Grand Lodge

Truth of the Seeker || 10-00 Successes: Reporting Form | Current Status || Spell Templates

***OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT***

Heavy clouds are gathering above Absalom, and the city is tense with anticipation of the coming battle. Suddenly, bright light patterns flash from atop Skyreach. A few minutes later, the sound of an explosion rumbles through the city as an old wooden granary erupts in flames. A little farther away, a stone bridge collapses, dropping a group of soldiers to their deaths. Soon the air is alive with frightened screams, the sound of hurried footsteps, and moments later, the booming blare of a brass horn that rises above the din of a city in chaos. A messenger runs past, shouting: “The horn! We should gather at the Grand Lodge! Let’s go!”

GMs, you have one day to complete the mustering and preparation section. I will signal the beginning of part 2 tomorrow (October 2nd).

Grand Lodge

Male HP: 17/17 | AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat 13, CMD 22 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, SM +8, Bluff -1, Dip -1 | Speed 30ft | Stunning Fist: 0/2; Paizo Reroll +4 0/1; Potion of Cure Serious 1/1; Potion of Heroism 1/1; Evil Outsider Bane Shuriken 0/1 | Active conditions: None.

We seem to have a lot of construct bane ammunition, so Kwan will select a +1 Evil Outsider Bane Shuriken for his selection. For his potions, he'll take a Potion of Cure Serious Wounds and a Potion of Heroism.

Grand Lodge

Male HP: 17/17 | AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat 13, CMD 22 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, SM +8, Bluff -1, Dip -1 | Speed 30ft | Stunning Fist: 0/2; Paizo Reroll +4 0/1; Potion of Cure Serious 1/1; Potion of Heroism 1/1; Evil Outsider Bane Shuriken 0/1 | Active conditions: None.

As the group musters for the defense of Absalom, Kwan greets them with a bow.

"I am Kwan Zinshen, newly a member of the Pathfinder Society. I did not have an opportunity to introduce myself properly during our earlier efforts. I thank you for the assistance you gave me. In the battle ahead, I will place my life in your hands. Thank you," says Zinshen with a bow.

Liberty's Edge

Half-Orc |HP 46/46|AC:16: 12T: 14F | CMD 20| Fort: 9, Ref: 4. Will: 4| spd. 40| Int.+3|per,+6
raging stats:
HP. 54/54 | AC:15, 10 tch, 13 FF | Fort:+12, Ref:+5, Will:+7 | Att: MW Great axe +9 (1d12+15 dmg), Mace+8 (1d8+15dmg)|CMD 21
Att: MW Great axe +7 (1d12+12dmg.), composite L bow +7 (1d8+5) Bloodrager 4 (spelleater)
special:
Wordly 1/1 day(trait), Destined strike 0/3 day,ferocity 1/1 day, rage 7/12day,blood of life(fast heal 1 raging)
Conditions:,long arms|bear's endurance|fatigued|Healing sacrafice

Makon trots in to the Grand lodge breathless, Makon Grimug , reporting for duty!
Makon will choose an evil outsider bane javalin for his ammunition and a potion of haste for his potion.( if allowed 2 potions my second would be a potion of fly): Also before this adventure gets underway I’d like to purchase a wand of cure lt wounds with 2 prestige points thx...

Grand Lodge

Truth of the Seeker || 10-00 Successes: Reporting Form | Current Status || Spell Templates

***OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT***

Several agents assist in marshaling Pathfinders as Marcos Farabellus unfurls several maps of Absalom’s districts. Once a crowd has gathered, he straightens to address the gathered Society. “Pathfinders, Absalom is under attack. We have received many reports of undead saboteurs attacking armories, granaries, water supplies, and guard outposts—targeted strikes to undermine our city’s infrastructure. Absalom is losing key resources, and enough people are panicking that it’s difficult to organize an effective defense.”

Zarta Dralneen, head of the Dark Archive faction, steps forward and interjects. “I have learned someone—someone who knows our home well—has stolen the Black Echelon codebook from our archives. A force of Taldan agents attacked Absalom long ago while following those encoded orders, and with the right combination of illuminated signals, one could draw these oathsworn operatives from beyond the grave to continue their attack.”

Farabellus narrows his eyes. “That explains the acts of sabotage. Absalom’s First Guard is struggling to restore order, and they need our help. Pathfinders, stand by for instructions!”

Ollysta Zadrian of the Silver Crusade raises her sword high, announcing, “We should not wait—Absalom needs us now!” Clasping the paladin’s upraised hand with her own, Lady Gloriana Morilla adds, “Each of us has accumulated considerable influence and resources in recent years, and this is the prime opportunity for each of us to lend Absalom our strength in its our of need. We may call ourselves factions, but today we can act as one!”

Nodding with approval, Marcos Farabellus calls out to the assembled Pathfinders. “It’s decided. Pathfinders, we’re deferring to the specialized expertise of these seven organizations to rally Absalom. Seek out the leaders for instructions, and make the city proud.”

Table GMs, Part 2 has begun.


No, the choice is one from level 2 or 3, the other is a cure serious wounds. That purchase is no problem.

It has been decided. The factions of the Pathfinder Society will coordinate the Society’s efforts to help Absalom survive from the attack. Each faction has identified a task ideally suited to its strengths and its agents’ skills, so choose your missions wisely. Most of you are best equipped to serve the needs of your own factions, but there are considerable opportunities to help Absalom by assisting other factions directly. Now is not a good time to be selfish—you’re all in this together!

Handout #1, the mission list, is up in Handouts. First two votes pick where to go. Let me know!

Grand Lodge

Male HP: 17/17 | AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat 13, CMD 22 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, SM +8, Bluff -1, Dip -1 | Speed 30ft | Stunning Fist: 0/2; Paizo Reroll +4 0/1; Potion of Cure Serious 1/1; Potion of Heroism 1/1; Evil Outsider Bane Shuriken 0/1 | Active conditions: None.

"We should see what the trouble is at Fort Tempest. If Absalom's fortresses fall this quickly the city will never stand."

Voting for Grand Lodge.

Dark Archive

Male CG Gnome Wizard 2 | HP 16/16 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | CMB -2, CMD 10 | F: +7, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +2, Low-Light Vision | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Shift: 6/6 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

Drelluandast’s eyes go wide at the idea of a cipher. He can’t speak, he’s so excited.

Voting for Black Cipher.


That's one vote for DA one vote for GL. Tiebreaker? Also keep in mind we'll probably get several of these done in the timeframe.

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 0/23] [Move: 20]

Grand Lodge is the only true Lodge.


Grand Lodge it is.

“We have received some troubling news from the Puddles. The Muckruckers—a volunteer force of guards watching over the district—have reported that Fort Tempest has suddenly fallen silent, and a strange black flag is flying over the fort. Despite the Muckruckers’ concerns and observations, nobody has stepped up to investigate what’s happened. I suspect that while most of Absalom has been watching the Cairnlands to the north, an enemy force has silently taken over the secondary fort that oversees the Puddles district. Whatever has happened in the fort, the First Guard can’t spare forces to look into it."

“Your job is to lead the Muckruckers into the fort, find out what’s happened, and provide aid as necessary. They look up to you as heroes; don’t let them down.”

This event will have you taking the choice of one of two ways to proceed. This is similar to a chase event. Much like the original one, I'm going to post them all. You may make your choices / attempts individually, do not make an aid check, make your own check. Please indicate which choice you made. Please make all at once, so we can proceed promptly.

SURPRISE VOLLEY:
Suddenly, dozens of hidden enemies within the fort open fire on your group!
Quick Reflexes: Reflex save
Survival Instinct: Initiative check

RUN FOR COVER:
As arrows rain upon you and the Muckruckers, you must lead your allies away from the killing field.
Predict Attacks: Sense Motive check
Zigzag: Acrobatics check

SAFE ROUTE:
You must pick a route that doesn’t leave you exposed to focused fire.
As a Shadow: Stealth check
Optimal Route: Perception check

COORDINATED MOVEMENT:
Running from cover to cover, you must coordinate the Muckruckers so they don’t just rush to their death.
On My Mark: Diplomacy check
Go Go Go!: Intimidate check

OBSTACLES:
Broken wagons and other barriers block your way to the fort.
Break Through: Combat Maneuver check
Dismantle: Disable Device check

OVER THE WALL:
The gates are closed, so climbing the wall is the only option!
Cracks in the Wall: Climb check
Use Rope: Ranged Attack roll

Dark Archive

Male CG Gnome Wizard 2 | HP 16/16 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | CMB -2, CMD 10 | F: +7, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +2, Low-Light Vision | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Shift: 6/6 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

As the arrows begin to fly, Drelluandast's instincts take over and he tries to run for cover! Adrenaline rushing through him, he bobs and weaves, trying to avoid the shafts of death. Once out of range, he ducks behind a tree and catches his breath. Being small has its advantages, he thinks as he creeps along, trying to stay out of sight. Once he reaches a series of broken wagons, he tries to point out where the next Muckrucker should go and encourages them along. Finally, it is his turn to move. Seeing no graceful way through the wagons, he runs as fast as his little legs will carry him, hoping his momentum will help him break through. As he arrives at the fort's wall, he starts throwing a rope up to the ramparts above.

Rolls:
Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 5
CMB: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (15) - 3 = 12
Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Magus (Kensai) 2
Combat Statistics:
[HP 14/15] [Init +3 | Per +0] [AC 16 | T 15 | FF 11] [CMB +1 | CMD 15] [F+3 | R+3 | W+3]
Resources and Conditions:
[Arcane Pool 4/6] [Personal Consumables: Scroll of shield 0/5] [Active Conditions: Enhanced Sword 10/10 rds]
Spells:
[0-lvl Spells Prepped: Detect Magic | Light | Spark] [1st Level Prepped: Magic Missile 1/1 | Shocking Grasp 1/1]

Cabe finds himself caught off-guard by the sudden volley, and dives for cover, pulling the nearest hapless Muckrucker down with him and shielding them with his body, but his arthritic knee buckles as he dives and he stumbles amidst the rain of arrows.

Getting back to his knees, he grabs Muckruckers and ushers them forward, dodging arrows as best he can. "Down!" he says, "Keep low! Minimize your profile! The less skin they see, the less of you they have to hit!"

He begins to slink along the ground, navigating a (hopefully) safe route toward the fort, keeping low and behind objects as often as possible.

"Come on, Muckruckers! Cover to cover! Keep low! No--stay down!" He can see he's beginning to lose them.

Desperately he looks around for a way around the wagons ahead. Seeing none, he tries to shoulder his way through, directing the Muckruckers to do the same. Ye gods, these things are heavy. Need to get back in shape, old man. If you live to do so...

They reach the wall and the closed gate, and Cabe's heart sinks. You forgot to buy rope. Great. You bloody imbecile. Well, looks like you're climbing the old-fashioned way. Seeking handholds and directing the Muckruckers to do the same, Cabe struggles to make his way up the crenellations of the wall to get over it.

Rolls:
Reflex Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Intimidate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Combat Maneuver: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

That... could have gone better lol.


Eh, you had a 3, 5, 9, 10, 15, 20. So average 10.16, which is a little umder 10.5, and we still have 3 to go. If we reach max successes before all have posted, I'll run with that.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Magus (Kensai) 2
Combat Statistics:
[HP 14/15] [Init +3 | Per +0] [AC 16 | T 15 | FF 11] [CMB +1 | CMD 15] [F+3 | R+3 | W+3]
Resources and Conditions:
[Arcane Pool 4/6] [Personal Consumables: Scroll of shield 0/5] [Active Conditions: Enhanced Sword 10/10 rds]
Spells:
[0-lvl Spells Prepped: Detect Magic | Light | Spark] [1st Level Prepped: Magic Missile 1/1 | Shocking Grasp 1/1]

Sorry if I went overboard on the flavor text. I tried to keep it perspective-based, as in he thinks he did poorly, but has no bearing on whether he actually succeeded or not. I'll try to keep my posts a little more open-ended in the future.

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 0/23] [Move: 20]

Just the facts, Jack

SURPRISE VOLLEY: Quick Reflexes: Reflex save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

RUN FOR COVER: Predict Attacks: Sense Motive check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

SAFE ROUTE: Optimal Route: Perception check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

COORDINATED MOVEMENT: On My Mark: Diplomacy check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

OBSTACLES: Break Through: Combat Maneuver check: 1d20 ⇒ 14

OVER THE WALL: Use Rope: Ranged Attack roll: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

NOTE: I don't have either of the choices for "OBSTACLES" and I did not apply Point-Blank Shot Feat to "OVER THE WALL" because I did not think it applied.

Wow. 8 days of mostly bad rolls across the boards.

Liberty's Edge

Male CN Ifrit Alchemist (Grenadier) 1 | HP 9/9 - 2nl| AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 14 | F: +3, R: +4, W: -1 | Init: +2 | Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 30ft | Bombs: 4/4 | Extracts: 1st 2/2 | Mutagen: Strength | Active conditions: None
Extracts:
Targeted Bomb Admixture; True Strike

Sorry for the lack of participation. IRL has been rough. But I'm here

SURPRISE VOLLEY: Quick Reflexes: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

RUN FOR COVER: Zigzag: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

SAFE ROUTE: As a Shadow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

COORDINATED MOVEMENT: Go Go Go!: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

OBSTACLES: Dismantle: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

OVER THE WALL: Cracks in the Wall: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Grand Lodge

Male HP: 17/17 | AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat 13, CMD 22 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, SM +8, Bluff -1, Dip -1 | Speed 30ft | Stunning Fist: 0/2; Paizo Reroll +4 0/1; Potion of Cure Serious 1/1; Potion of Heroism 1/1; Evil Outsider Bane Shuriken 0/1 | Active conditions: None.

Surprise Volley Reflex Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Run for Cover Acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Safe Route Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Coordinated Movement Intimidation: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10
Obstacles CMB Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Over the Wall Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


The pathfinders have no trouble with the obstacles! I wrote a big thing then lost the tab.

Init:
Kwan: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Boomer: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Andy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Cabe: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Drelluandast: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Makon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Bad Guys: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

You clamber onto the fort’s ramparts with the Muckruckers in tow. While the Muckruckers split off to secure nearby buildings and protect your flanks, you must deal with undead in the courtyard!

Bold May Act
----------
Andy
Makon

Bad Guys
Kwan
Drelluandast
Cabe
Boomer

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 0/23] [Move: 20]

"What are those things, besides ugly all day of course, let me think...."

Knowledge(Religion/Bardic Knowledge): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Andy shares anything he may learn with the group. Looking for special defenses, resistances, special attacks, spell resistance, in that order, please.

"...oh yeah, almost forgot...",

Andy starts to sing as he loads a sling bullet into his sling...

"My friends and I have come to fight, evil creatures we will smite. Your reign of terror soon will pass, once we have finished kicking your....butts."

Inspire Courage(Su): A 1st level bard can use his performance to inspire courage in his allies (including himself), bolstering them against fear and improving their combat abilities. To be affected, an ally must be able to perceive the bard’s performance. An affected ally receives a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.

Grand Lodge

Male HP: 17/17 | AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat 13, CMD 22 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, SM +8, Bluff -1, Dip -1 | Speed 30ft | Stunning Fist: 0/2; Paizo Reroll +4 0/1; Potion of Cure Serious 1/1; Potion of Heroism 1/1; Evil Outsider Bane Shuriken 0/1 | Active conditions: None.

Kwan has two minis on the board. Which is mine? Also, how high is this rampart we're on?


Sorry, made two of you instead of a Boomer. Ramparts 10' above ground. Stairs are visible.

Andy:
These are undead. Presuming by "Special D" you mean DR, they have 5/slashing or bludgeoning. Immune to cold, and they have undead traits. Special attacks: They have a poison they can apply to their dart.


Makon has 12 hours before being botted.

Liberty's Edge

Male CN Ifrit Alchemist (Grenadier) 1 | HP 9/9 - 2nl| AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 14 | F: +3, R: +4, W: -1 | Init: +2 | Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 30ft | Bombs: 4/4 | Extracts: 1st 2/2 | Mutagen: Strength | Active conditions: None
Extracts:
Targeted Bomb Admixture; True Strike

Not sure if I missed my opportunity, but if he's able Boomer would take a +1 undead bane bolt and a potion of Bull's Strength.

1 to 50 of 375 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SO GD VII Assault on Absalom 9-00 (Tier 1-2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.