SO GD VII Assault on Absalom 9-00 (Tier 1-2) (Inactive)

Game Master ScorchedOne

Maps & Handouts


151 to 200 of 375 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 21/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 4/23] [Move: 20]

Andy moves forward, drawing his rapier, and starts to sing..."My friends and I have come to fight, evil creatures we will smite. Your reign of terror soon will pass, once we have finished kicking your....butts."

Inspire Courage(Su): A 1st level bard can use his performance to inspire courage in his allies (including himself), bolstering them against fear and improving their combat abilities. To be affected, an ally must be able to perceive the bard’s performance. An affected ally receives a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Magus (Kensai) 2
Combat Statistics:
[HP 14/15] [Init +3 | Per +0] [AC 16 | T 15 | FF 11] [CMB +1 | CMD 15] [F+3 | R+3 | W+3]
Resources and Conditions:
[Arcane Pool 4/6] [Personal Consumables: Scroll of shield 0/5] [Active Conditions: Enhanced Sword 10/10 rds]
Spells:
[0-lvl Spells Prepped: Detect Magic | Light | Spark] [1st Level Prepped: Magic Missile 1/1 | Shocking Grasp 1/1]

Cabe strides forward and pulls his dueling sword from its sheath, closing the distance on the lone attacker.

Really cannot wait until 2nd level. So annoying having to waste two move actions every round. :P Anyway, draw sword, move 30ft.

Liberty's Edge

Half-Orc |HP 46/46|AC:16: 12T: 14F | CMD 20| Fort: 9, Ref: 4. Will: 4| spd. 40| Int.+3|per,+6
raging stats:
HP. 54/54 | AC:15, 10 tch, 13 FF | Fort:+12, Ref:+5, Will:+7 | Att: MW Great axe +9 (1d12+15 dmg), Mace+8 (1d8+15dmg)|CMD 21
Att: MW Great axe +7 (1d12+12dmg.), composite L bow +7 (1d8+5) Bloodrager 4 (spelleater)
special:
Wordly 1/1 day(trait), Destined strike 0/3 day,ferocity 1/1 day, rage 7/12day,blood of life(fast heal 1 raging)
Conditions:,long arms|bear's endurance|fatigued|Healing sacrafice

Makon moves to engage the nearest enemy. Fools trying to subvert the Pathfinders and betray our beloved city of Absalom! (if we get to use the boost token, without consequence I'll use it in this combat. If using the token 'de-powers' it or makes it less effective in anyway I'll not use it) Great axe: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 1 = 21dmg: 1d12 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10 (+ any dmg the token boost may add)


You can't use AND boost, so we boosted and passed. I gave it to the great Auke.

Dark Archive

Male CG Gnome Wizard 2 | HP 16/16 | AC *17 T 13 FF *14 | CMB -2, CMD 10 | F: +7, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +2, Low-Light Vision | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 3/4 | Shift: 6/6 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

Aghast at being interrupted in the middle of his story about having to observe, name, and write down all the different shapes a summoned protean took in the span of a minute as part of his final exam, Drelluandast hustles over next to Cabe, yelling, "Yeah, what Kwan said!" as he goes. Another orb of acid flies away.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 1 = 20
Acid damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2 No time to get the focus out. Next time!

Drelluandast moves, then casts acid splash on the lone opponent.

Grand Lodge

Truth of the Seeker | DWK4 || 10-00 Successes: Reporting Form | Current Status || Spell Templates

***OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT***

The Exchange has secured and distributed a fresh supply of weapons and armor, including
highly valuable gear for the Pathfinders’ use.

Table GMs, the Exchange faction’s special condition on page 10 is in effect.


Kwan and Makon make their foe wish he had stayed in bed this morning as he lies bleeding out on the cobbles. His ally, only somewhat hesitantly, steps up and tries to slice Kwan.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

He misses horribly.

Reflex DC 12: 3d4 ⇒ (2, 4, 1) = 7

The gentleman on bottom raises his hands in arcane gesture, fire shooting forth at Cabe and Drell. Reflex DC 12 for half, otherwise 7 fire.

Party may act.

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 21/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 4/23] [Move: 20]

Andy stops singing and stands ready to defend himself.

Grand Lodge

Male HP: 17/17 | AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat 13, CMD 22 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, SM +8, Bluff -1, Dip -1 | Speed 30ft | Stunning Fist: 0/2; Paizo Reroll +4 0/1; Potion of Cure Serious 1/1; Potion of Heroism 1/1; Evil Outsider Bane Shuriken 0/1 | Active conditions: None.

Kwan presses his assault on the unknown assailant with a flurry of blows.

Attack 1 (Cold Iron Kama): 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 1 = 24
Damage 1: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5

Attack 2 (Cold Iron Kama): 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 1 = 24
Damage 2: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5

Huh. The dice got the same result both times. That's weird.

Dark Archive

Male CG Gnome Wizard 2 | HP 16/16 | AC *17 T 13 FF *14 | CMB -2, CMD 10 | F: +7, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +2, Low-Light Vision | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 3/4 | Shift: 6/6 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

Reflex DC 12: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Perhaps it's because the memory of the protean belching fire and burning up his parchment during his final exam is fresh on Drelluandast's mind, but he manages to duck and avoid the worst of the flames. "Ouch!" he yelps as he pulls out his flask and lets fly another acidic orb before taking a quick step away in case his opponent tries something similar again.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Acid damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Drelluandast pulls out his acid flask as a move action, casts acid splash on the same opponent, and takes a 5-ft step.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Magus (Kensai) 2
Combat Statistics:
[HP 14/15] [Init +3 | Per +0] [AC 16 | T 15 | FF 11] [CMB +1 | CMD 15] [F+3 | R+3 | W+3]
Resources and Conditions:
[Arcane Pool 4/6] [Personal Consumables: Scroll of shield 0/5] [Active Conditions: Enhanced Sword 10/10 rds]
Spells:
[0-lvl Spells Prepped: Detect Magic | Light | Spark] [1st Level Prepped: Magic Missile 1/1 | Shocking Grasp 1/1]

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

His old reflexes kick in and he dips to the side, sparing himself the worst of the blaze. Stepping up to the man, Cabe snarls as he prepares to unleash his full arcane fury, drawing in power and slashing viciously with the dueling sword.

Spell combat time. Wish me luck; this is the second time I've ever done it and the first time did not go Cabe's way. 5ft step, taking a -3 attack penalty to get +3 to his Concentration check, attacking and casting magic missile.

Concentration DC 17: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Dueling Sword: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 + 1 - 3 = 4
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 1 = 9
Magic Missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Well, at least I got the spell off this time.

Liberty's Edge

Half-Orc |HP 46/46|AC:16: 12T: 14F | CMD 20| Fort: 9, Ref: 4. Will: 4| spd. 40| Int.+3|per,+6
raging stats:
HP. 54/54 | AC:15, 10 tch, 13 FF | Fort:+12, Ref:+5, Will:+7 | Att: MW Great axe +9 (1d12+15 dmg), Mace+8 (1d8+15dmg)|CMD 21
Att: MW Great axe +7 (1d12+12dmg.), composite L bow +7 (1d8+5) Bloodrager 4 (spelleater)
special:
Wordly 1/1 day(trait), Destined strike 0/3 day,ferocity 1/1 day, rage 7/12day,blood of life(fast heal 1 raging)
Conditions:,long arms|bear's endurance|fatigued|Healing sacrafice

Makon shuffles forward a bit. He relies on fate (uses one of his three 'destined strikes' today) to guide his hands whilst, trying to slide his axe across his opponent's torso...thereby disemboweling his adversary. Great axe: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 1 = 15dmg: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Grand Lodge

Truth of the Seeker | DWK4 || 10-00 Successes: Reporting Form | Current Status || Spell Templates

***OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT***

The combined strength of the Muckruckers and the Grand Lodge have broken through the Black Echelon’s defenses and retaken Fort Tempest. Absalom’s flag flies over the fortress once more, encouraging the city’s defenders.

Table GMs, the Grand Lodge mission has been completed, and that faction’s special condition on page 10 is in effect. No new groups may start the Grand Lodge mission; those groups already in progress may complete the mission and report the success towards one of the other missions.


Makon SMASH appears to be the order of the day for the gentleman in the north, and he falls to the ground in a heap. Cabe missiles his opponent who doesn't seem to enjoy that very much.

He enjoys it so little, he steps back, draws a scroll from a case on his waist, and casts the spell from it at Cabe! It looks very much like the same spell he just used!

Burning Hands: 3d4 ⇒ (2, 1, 2) = 5 Reflex DC 12 half.

Boomer:
You have not posted since Monday. Please make an effort, as if you are not participating I cannot grant you credit for this adventure.

Party may act.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Magus (Kensai) 2
Combat Statistics:
[HP 14/15] [Init +3 | Per +0] [AC 16 | T 15 | FF 11] [CMB +1 | CMD 15] [F+3 | R+3 | W+3]
Resources and Conditions:
[Arcane Pool 4/6] [Personal Consumables: Scroll of shield 0/5] [Active Conditions: Enhanced Sword 10/10 rds]
Spells:
[0-lvl Spells Prepped: Detect Magic | Light | Spark] [1st Level Prepped: Magic Missile 1/1 | Shocking Grasp 1/1]

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

In the narrow confines of the alley, Cabe can't duck the spell this time, and takes a cone of fire full-on to the chest, burning away most of his uniform's shirt and blackening the weathered skin beneath.

Scorched and on the verge of collapse, Cabe glares at his opponent through a haze of agony from his burns. Nothing would please him more than to sate the adrenaline-fueled bloodlust screaming in his brain, but somewhere in the shrieks of rage and agony from dying nerve endings, somewhere in that miasma in his head speaks a calm, detached voice. A voice that doesn't soothe, but gives orders. His Captain's Voice, that has not passed his lips in over a decade, speaks to him with short, terse words.

Vengeance later. Survival now. Drink your potion, soldier.

Eyes still locked on his target, Cabe grabs the healing potion he'd been given earlier, rips out the stopper with his teeth, and chugs it down, never averting his gaze. He grits his teeth as the nigh-unbearable itch of healing magic crawls across his burnt skin, the fire-blackened layer peeling away and sloughing off like a snake shedding, leaving new skin beneath, red and raw. All the while, Cabe continues to stare down his opponent. Finally, he strides forward to lock the little weasel in melee combat.

"Now," he says in his Captain's Voice. "Now vengeance."

Drinking the potion of cure serious wounds. No need to roll; since I was at 1hp, the minimum healing is enough to bring me back to max. Then moving up to lock this spellcasting jerk in melee.

Liberty's Edge

Half-Orc |HP 46/46|AC:16: 12T: 14F | CMD 20| Fort: 9, Ref: 4. Will: 4| spd. 40| Int.+3|per,+6
raging stats:
HP. 54/54 | AC:15, 10 tch, 13 FF | Fort:+12, Ref:+5, Will:+7 | Att: MW Great axe +9 (1d12+15 dmg), Mace+8 (1d8+15dmg)|CMD 21
Att: MW Great axe +7 (1d12+12dmg.), composite L bow +7 (1d8+5) Bloodrager 4 (spelleater)
special:
Wordly 1/1 day(trait), Destined strike 0/3 day,ferocity 1/1 day, rage 7/12day,blood of life(fast heal 1 raging)
Conditions:,long arms|bear's endurance|fatigued|Healing sacrafice

After finishing his adversary, Makon hears his ally Caebricalius cry out in pain, a moment later, he can smell the waft of burning flesh through the alleys. Thereafter, Makon is heartened to hear the words.

Caebricalius wrote:
"Now......Now Vengeance"

uttered Caebricalius through pained and cracked lips.

Makon jumps into action, he turns the corner of the alley he was in and brushes past Drelluandast as he shifts his Great axe to his off hand while drawing his dagger. He closes in on his companion Caebricalius ending up in a narrow alley right behind the Magus. He immediately notices his ally's adversary, just beyond the reach of his axe, so he shouts, Duck! to Caebricalius, as he whips his arm forward throwing his dagger at the mage that had just obviously scorched his friend so badly. (no precise shot but neither is currently engaged in Melee so I'll just take the -2 soft cover penalty or more appropriately the GM can add the soft cover as a bonus to the enemy's AC) thrown dagger: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21dmg: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Grand Lodge

Male HP: 17/17 | AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat 13, CMD 22 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, SM +8, Bluff -1, Dip -1 | Speed 30ft | Stunning Fist: 0/2; Paizo Reroll +4 0/1; Potion of Cure Serious 1/1; Potion of Heroism 1/1; Evil Outsider Bane Shuriken 0/1 | Active conditions: None.

With too little space to engage in this round, Kwan moves toward the edges of the combat.

Double move and end.

Dark Archive

Male CG Gnome Wizard 2 | HP 16/16 | AC *17 T 13 FF *14 | CMB -2, CMD 10 | F: +7, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +2, Low-Light Vision | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 3/4 | Shift: 6/6 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

Stepping forward and peeking around the corner, Drelluandast does his best to aim around his friend with another orb of acid.

Ranged touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Crit confirmation: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Acid damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Crit damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Lol, I think this is at least the second time he's threatened a crit and automatically failed to confirm.

Grand Lodge

Truth of the Seeker | DWK4 || 10-00 Successes: Reporting Form | Current Status || Spell Templates

***OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT***

Led from Misery Row by agents of Liberty’s Edge, most of Absalom’s slaves have cast off their chains to contribute to Absalom’s defense.

Table GMs, the Liberty’s Edge faction’s special condition on page 10 is in effect.

----------

The gathering clouds momentarily part as a beam of sunlight shines upon the Ascendant Court, heralding the return of Sarenrae’s holy warriors and the arrival of a small host of celestial guardians. These reinforcements rally alongside the paladin Ollysta Zadrian before dispersing to aid Absalom.

Table GMs, the Silver Crusade faction’s special condition on page 10 is in effect.

-----------

Warriors wearing the colors of a dozen or more noble houses course through Absalom’s streets, lending their strength directly to the First Guard. Numerous well-known aristocrats—previously thought to have fled before someone convinced them otherwise—appear at major sites and intersections to help coordinate the war effort and rally the citizens.

Table GMs, the Sovereign Court faction’s special condition on page 10 is in effect.


With that acid splash, you fell the final foe and finish this foray!

With that, you have completed the Scarab Sages mission, and we've actually completed all the missions that need to for this section. While I'm able to run either the DA or the Exchange missions, they are not necessary for any further criteria. So either I can run one of those for you, for no reward and potential expenditure of resources, or we can wait until Monday or whenever our overseer advances.

Grand Lodge

Male HP: 17/17 | AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat 13, CMD 22 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, SM +8, Bluff -1, Dip -1 | Speed 30ft | Stunning Fist: 0/2; Paizo Reroll +4 0/1; Potion of Cure Serious 1/1; Potion of Heroism 1/1; Evil Outsider Bane Shuriken 0/1 | Active conditions: None.

I'm good with waiting. If anyone really wants to continue though, we can do that.

Liberty's Edge

Half-Orc |HP 46/46|AC:16: 12T: 14F | CMD 20| Fort: 9, Ref: 4. Will: 4| spd. 40| Int.+3|per,+6
raging stats:
HP. 54/54 | AC:15, 10 tch, 13 FF | Fort:+12, Ref:+5, Will:+7 | Att: MW Great axe +9 (1d12+15 dmg), Mace+8 (1d8+15dmg)|CMD 21
Att: MW Great axe +7 (1d12+12dmg.), composite L bow +7 (1d8+5) Bloodrager 4 (spelleater)
special:
Wordly 1/1 day(trait), Destined strike 0/3 day,ferocity 1/1 day, rage 7/12day,blood of life(fast heal 1 raging)
Conditions:,long arms|bear's endurance|fatigued|Healing sacrafice

GM I’m fine with waiting... With a sigh Makon walks over to the dead mage and pulls his dagger out of the man’s chest. not much of a fight huh? Makon says dejectedly to the others with a shrug of the shoulders. He then bends down and searches the dead man’s body for loot.

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 21/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 4/23] [Move: 20]

I am fine with waiting.

Andy switches his rapier for his wand of cure light wounds..."Does anyone need healing?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Magus (Kensai) 2
Combat Statistics:
[HP 14/15] [Init +3 | Per +0] [AC 16 | T 15 | FF 11] [CMB +1 | CMD 15] [F+3 | R+3 | W+3]
Resources and Conditions:
[Arcane Pool 4/6] [Personal Consumables: Scroll of shield 0/5] [Active Conditions: Enhanced Sword 10/10 rds]
Spells:
[0-lvl Spells Prepped: Detect Magic | Light | Spark] [1st Level Prepped: Magic Missile 1/1 | Shocking Grasp 1/1]

Cabe scowls at Drell and stalks off. He sits at the base of the fountain, away from the others, and proceeds to oil his blade, grumbling to himself.

Poor Cabe never got his revenge lol. He's off to go sulk for the weekend. :P I'm fine with waiting too.

Dark Archive

Male CG Gnome Wizard 2 | HP 16/16 | AC *17 T 13 FF *14 | CMB -2, CMD 10 | F: +7, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +2, Low-Light Vision | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 3/4 | Shift: 6/6 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

Drelluandast perks up at Andy's offer of healing. "Oh, that would be wonderful!" he exclaims.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

After Andy finishes, the smile fades from Drelluandast's face as he slowly makes his way over to the fountain. "Cabe, I didn't mean to take your revenge from you," he says slowly to the old soldier. "I just got so worried when I saw the fire again, and then smelled your hair burning, and I don't want you to die!" Drelluandast gets more and more emotional with each phrase until he's almost at the point of tears by the end.

I'm also fine to wait too - don't want to get behind on the next section because we got distracted.

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 21/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 4/23] [Move: 20]

Wrote charge off the wand. I think everyone else is healed. If not, please say so. Also, did we loose Boomer?


Yeah, I think I'm going to call Boomer lost. He posted last on Monday, you may have seen my spoiler for him. Almost a full week with no post and no heads up.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Magus (Kensai) 2
Combat Statistics:
[HP 14/15] [Init +3 | Per +0] [AC 16 | T 15 | FF 11] [CMB +1 | CMD 15] [F+3 | R+3 | W+3]
Resources and Conditions:
[Arcane Pool 4/6] [Personal Consumables: Scroll of shield 0/5] [Active Conditions: Enhanced Sword 10/10 rds]
Spells:
[0-lvl Spells Prepped: Detect Magic | Light | Spark] [1st Level Prepped: Magic Missile 1/1 | Shocking Grasp 1/1]

Ah, bummer. I think we'll be okay with 5 though. We mopped these guys up, for sure.

Cabe scowls at Drell at first, then his cheeks redden slightly and he gives a dismissive - if a bit surly - shrug and wave. "Bah. No need to apologize. I'm too old to be feeding my vanity anyway. Revenge is for the young." He sighs, sheathes his dueling sword, and stuffs the oilcloth back into his back pocket. An entire corner of the rag has been charred off.

"Truth be told, I'm a bit self-conscious. I've been retired from military life for eleven years now. I guard caravans to pass the time. I should be thankful the trips have been uneventful, but I found myself getting bored without any danger. You never really stop being a soldier. Part of the reason I joined the Society was because I could just... feel... my old skills rotting away inside me. I needed to prove I could still fight." He grunts a humorless laugh. "Which, of course, is more vanity.

"Still. This fight is about protecting Absalom, and I'm sitting here sulking because I didn't get to be the badass." He shakes his head. "Maybe I really am too old for this. But too old or not, I can't stop. I have always been a fighter. Maybe not a skilled fighter, but a fighter nonetheless. I don't think I could stop if I wanted to." He gives the gnome a half-smile. "Which I don't.

"So please, Master Drell. Accept my apology. You helped protect me from myself as much as from that brigand. I should be thanking you, not scowling at you." He offers the gnome his hand.

Grand Lodge

Truth of the Seeker | DWK4 || 10-00 Successes: Reporting Form | Current Status || Spell Templates

***OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT***

A cacophonous cloud of debris and dust rises from the Precipice Quarter following the Scarab Sages’ activation ritual. An immense suit of animated plate armor rises from the wreckage, towers over the surrounding buildings, and declares in a metallic voice, “Gulgamodh stands ready.”

Table GMs, the Scarab Sages special condition on page 10 is in effect.

Dark Archive

Male CG Gnome Wizard 2 | HP 16/16 | AC *17 T 13 FF *14 | CMB -2, CMD 10 | F: +7, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +2, Low-Light Vision | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 3/4 | Shift: 6/6 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

Tears start pouring from Drelluandast's eyes as Cabe talks. He ignores the hand and goes straight for a hug, burying his head in the larger man's chest. "I... I know that creatures from other planes don't come here for fun, and that the best way to see them is in combat, but I'm so scared!" he bawls.

As the tears come to an end, Drelluandast sniffs. "Cabe," he says finally, "I promise, I'll protect you. But I need you to protect me too. Do you agree to the terms of my deal?" Now he offers his hand.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Magus (Kensai) 2
Combat Statistics:
[HP 14/15] [Init +3 | Per +0] [AC 16 | T 15 | FF 11] [CMB +1 | CMD 15] [F+3 | R+3 | W+3]
Resources and Conditions:
[Arcane Pool 4/6] [Personal Consumables: Scroll of shield 0/5] [Active Conditions: Enhanced Sword 10/10 rds]
Spells:
[0-lvl Spells Prepped: Detect Magic | Light | Spark] [1st Level Prepped: Magic Missile 1/1 | Shocking Grasp 1/1]

Cabe blinks in surprise at the gnome wrapped around his waist. "I, er..." He awkwardly pats Drell's head, looking at the others with something bordering on panic.

When Drell pulls back and offers his hand, the old soldier simply nods soberly and gives his hand a curt shake. "Deal," he says, his mouth flat but his eyes twinkling.

Then the fountain practically explodes with the exit of the mighty Gulgamodh, and Cabe topples over with an uncharacteristic yelp. He lies on the ground for a few moments, covered in a layer of dust and debris, and says sourly, "I think that means we're done here." He spits out rock dust. "What's next?"

Grand Lodge

Truth of the Seeker | DWK4 || 10-00 Successes: Reporting Form | Current Status || Spell Templates

***OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT***

Having dealt with the chaos that ensued from the Black Echelon’s attack, the Pathfinders return to the Grand Lodge. You can boost any Aid Token in your possession once, and this is an excellent opportunity to pass it to another group.

-----End Part 2-----

The sound of brass signal horns echoes across Absalom, warning the city that the enemy onslaught has begun. Sergeants of the First Guard shout warnings to attend the walls, when suddenly a second warning sounds. A messenger brings news of a second attack: “An enemy fleet is approaching from the south!” A strange mist is rising in the Flotsam Graveyard, and dozens of ships with tattered sails approach Absalom’s harbor with long-dead marines on board.

Back at the Grand Lodge, Master of Swords Marcos Farabellus addresses the Pathfinders: “You and the factions you represent have greatly helped our city; however, the worst is still to come, and Absalom needs our help! We must fight the enemy on land and at sea. Those of you who choose to bolster Absalom’s defenses against the demon-flesh army attacking from the Cairnlands to the north, report to Captain of the First Guard, Rothos of House Vastille. Those of you who choose to fight the undead armada, report to Captain Sevana Kinhan of the Wave Riders.”

Table GMs, Part 3 has begun.


You heard the man. Are we going to the demon-flesh army in the cairnlands, or the undead armada?

Grand Lodge

Male HP: 17/17 | AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat 13, CMD 22 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, SM +8, Bluff -1, Dip -1 | Speed 30ft | Stunning Fist: 0/2; Paizo Reroll +4 0/1; Potion of Cure Serious 1/1; Potion of Heroism 1/1; Evil Outsider Bane Shuriken 0/1 | Active conditions: None.

I'll defer on this decision. Whatever anyone else chooses is fine with me.

Dark Archive

Male CG Gnome Wizard 2 | HP 16/16 | AC *17 T 13 FF *14 | CMB -2, CMD 10 | F: +7, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +2, Low-Light Vision | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 3/4 | Shift: 6/6 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

"Did someone say demons?" Drelluandast asks, his eyes alight with excitement.

One vote for demon-flesh and not having to even worry about making swim checks.

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 21/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 4/23] [Move: 20]

I would rather not deal with undead. Level/str drain, etc.

Liberty's Edge

Half-Orc |HP 46/46|AC:16: 12T: 14F | CMD 20| Fort: 9, Ref: 4. Will: 4| spd. 40| Int.+3|per,+6
raging stats:
HP. 54/54 | AC:15, 10 tch, 13 FF | Fort:+12, Ref:+5, Will:+7 | Att: MW Great axe +9 (1d12+15 dmg), Mace+8 (1d8+15dmg)|CMD 21
Att: MW Great axe +7 (1d12+12dmg.), composite L bow +7 (1d8+5) Bloodrager 4 (spelleater)
special:
Wordly 1/1 day(trait), Destined strike 0/3 day,ferocity 1/1 day, rage 7/12day,blood of life(fast heal 1 raging)
Conditions:,long arms|bear's endurance|fatigued|Healing sacrafice

I’m going to vote for the harbor as I think most groups choose land.
Makon scrunches his face in consideration, then speaks up to the master of swords, I’m no sailor... but it seems to me most people aren’t... even on this island! I’m thinking they won’t have enough bodies to stop the undead fleet if someone doesn’t help!


Two for demon, we're going demon.

In the distance, a brass horn sounds a warning signal. A moment later, a Captain of the First Guard shouts for her force to ready for impact—a command that guards relay up and down the wall. A dark swarm of thousands of strangely misshapen creatures charges, throwing themselves against the stone walls and clambering over each other to reach the top. Despite many volleys of arrows raining down and boiling oil poured on them, the stubborn fiend-flesh creatures press on. In multiple places along the ramparts, soldiers of the First Guard have to draw their swords and engage the creatures in melee. Here and there, groups of nightmarish creatures spill through the line of defense.

Init:
Kwan: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Andy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Cabe: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Drelluandast: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Makon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Bad Guys: 1d20 ⇒ 6

Once again the party's speed allows them to act before the oncoming foes, which despite facing the demon horde do appear to be undead. Knowledge Religion

Party May Act

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 21/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 4/23] [Move: 20]

Andy moves back 10' and draws his rapier as he studies these new foes...

Knowledge(Religion; Bardic Knowledge): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Looking for DR, Elemental Resistance, special attacks, SR, in that order

...he shares any knowledge he may recall, then begins to sing... "My friends and I have come to fight, evil creatures we will smite. Your reign of terror soon will pass, once we have finished kicking your....butts."

Inspire Courage(Su): A 1st level bard can use his performance to inspire courage in his allies (including himself), bolstering them against fear and improving their combat abilities. To be affected, an ally must be able to perceive the bard’s performance. An affected ally receives a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.


DR 5/slashing, no resistance.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Magus (Kensai) 2
Combat Statistics:
[HP 14/15] [Init +3 | Per +0] [AC 16 | T 15 | FF 11] [CMB +1 | CMD 15] [F+3 | R+3 | W+3]
Resources and Conditions:
[Arcane Pool 4/6] [Personal Consumables: Scroll of shield 0/5] [Active Conditions: Enhanced Sword 10/10 rds]
Spells:
[0-lvl Spells Prepped: Detect Magic | Light | Spark] [1st Level Prepped: Magic Missile 1/1 | Shocking Grasp 1/1]

Cabe blows out a breath at the oncoming creatures. "Here we go..."

He pulls out a scroll and his sword, preparing to fortify himself.

Move action to draw a scroll, move action to draw dueling sword.

Dark Archive

Male CG Gnome Wizard 2 | HP 16/16 | AC *17 T 13 FF *14 | CMB -2, CMD 10 | F: +7, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +2, Low-Light Vision | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 3/4 | Shift: 6/6 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

A small hand on his leg interrupts Cabe. "Be safe," Drelluandast tells him, then furrows his brow in concentration as he mutters an incantation. Seconds later, invisible bands of force lock into place around Cabe, moving as easily as he does. All done, Drelluandast pats Cabe's knee gently before reaching into his backpack and producing his trusty bottle of acid. "Let's do this!" he says, trying his best to sound like Andy.

Drelluandast casts mage armor on Cabe, giving him a +4 armor bonus to AC for 1 hour, then pulls out his acid flask as a move action.

Liberty's Edge

Half-Orc |HP 46/46|AC:16: 12T: 14F | CMD 20| Fort: 9, Ref: 4. Will: 4| spd. 40| Int.+3|per,+6
raging stats:
HP. 54/54 | AC:15, 10 tch, 13 FF | Fort:+12, Ref:+5, Will:+7 | Att: MW Great axe +9 (1d12+15 dmg), Mace+8 (1d8+15dmg)|CMD 21
Att: MW Great axe +7 (1d12+12dmg.), composite L bow +7 (1d8+5) Bloodrager 4 (spelleater)
special:
Wordly 1/1 day(trait), Destined strike 0/3 day,ferocity 1/1 day, rage 7/12day,blood of life(fast heal 1 raging)
Conditions:,long arms|bear's endurance|fatigued|Healing sacrafice

Frustrated that, some buildings block his access to the stairway leading to the northern ramparts of the wall. Makon lets out a heavy *sigh* and does his best to go around the obstacle and close on his demonic adversaries. Didn't Andy say they were undead...oh well my axe won't care what type of blood it spills! Makon says to himself cheerily.

Makon double moves turn over.

Grand Lodge

Male HP: 17/17 | AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat 13, CMD 22 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, SM +8, Bluff -1, Dip -1 | Speed 30ft | Stunning Fist: 0/2; Paizo Reroll +4 0/1; Potion of Cure Serious 1/1; Potion of Heroism 1/1; Evil Outsider Bane Shuriken 0/1 | Active conditions: None.

Kwan readies his kama as Andy informs the group of the resistances of the enemies before them.

"Take heart, friends. We will prove ourselves in battle this day!" Kwan shouts as he advances to confront the right-side group of enemies.

Move forward & ready an action to attack an enemy that approaches him.


Attacks:
Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Makon and Kwan see their opponents float downward through the air at them, then strike! For 7 and 6 damage respectively, and I need a Will Save from each of you. DC 11 or shaken for 1d4 rounds, roll your own rounds if you fail.

Party may act!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Magus (Kensai) 2
Combat Statistics:
[HP 14/15] [Init +3 | Per +0] [AC 16 | T 15 | FF 11] [CMB +1 | CMD 15] [F+3 | R+3 | W+3]
Resources and Conditions:
[Arcane Pool 4/6] [Personal Consumables: Scroll of shield 0/5] [Active Conditions: Enhanced Sword 10/10 rds]
Spells:
[0-lvl Spells Prepped: Detect Magic | Light | Spark] [1st Level Prepped: Magic Missile 1/1 | Shocking Grasp 1/1]

Emboldened by Drell's magic, Cabe strides forward. He glances at his scroll, then frowns. Perhaps you should... He doesn't finish the thought, remembering his near-death experience at the hands of a giant bug mere weeks before. No. Best safe than dead. With that, he reads from the scroll, gesturing and muttering the incantation inscribed upon it, as a circular patch of air before him ripples briefly. The ripple fades as an invisible disc of force appears before him with a pop.

Moving 30 feet and casting shield from my scroll. Life will be so much easier when I hit 3rd level and have Quick Draw. Also my AC is kind of insane right now. :P

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 21/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 4/23] [Move: 20]

Not sure if it matters, but we all get +1 to our saves vs. charm and fear affects. I don't see that we were informed what they were with my roll, so I don't know if their attacks apply a charm or fear affect or not.

Grand Lodge

Male HP: 17/17 | AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat 13, CMD 22 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, SM +8, Bluff -1, Dip -1 | Speed 30ft | Stunning Fist: 0/2; Paizo Reroll +4 0/1; Potion of Cure Serious 1/1; Potion of Heroism 1/1; Evil Outsider Bane Shuriken 0/1 | Active conditions: None.

Will Save: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 = 8
Rounds: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Shaken by the terrifying appearance of his foe, Kwan continues his attack.

Flurry Attack 1: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 1 - 2 = 12
Damage 1: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5

Flurry Attack 2: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 1 - 2 = 25
Damage 2: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5

Kwan struck at the one he injured earlier, then moved to the side with a 5' step.

Dark Archive

Male CG Gnome Wizard 2 | HP 16/16 | AC *17 T 13 FF *14 | CMB -2, CMD 10 | F: +7, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +2, Low-Light Vision | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 3/4 | Shift: 6/6 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

Trying to hide his disappointment that these are not extraplanar beings, Drelluandast moves in behind Cabe and launches his signature ball of acid at the opponent before him.

Ranged Touch, Inspired: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 1 = 18
Acid damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Drelluandast moves and casts acid splash at the opponent at the foot of the stairs.

Liberty's Edge

Half-Orc |HP 46/46|AC:16: 12T: 14F | CMD 20| Fort: 9, Ref: 4. Will: 4| spd. 40| Int.+3|per,+6
raging stats:
HP. 54/54 | AC:15, 10 tch, 13 FF | Fort:+12, Ref:+5, Will:+7 | Att: MW Great axe +9 (1d12+15 dmg), Mace+8 (1d8+15dmg)|CMD 21
Att: MW Great axe +7 (1d12+12dmg.), composite L bow +7 (1d8+5) Bloodrager 4 (spelleater)
special:
Wordly 1/1 day(trait), Destined strike 0/3 day,ferocity 1/1 day, rage 7/12day,blood of life(fast heal 1 raging)
Conditions:,long arms|bear's endurance|fatigued|Healing sacrafice

Makon's will: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 = 8 (OK time to use my T-shirt re-roll) Makon's will re-roll: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 1 = 18

Angered by the undead thing's ambush; Makon erupts into a sudden rage and lashes out with his great axe Great axe: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 1 = 26dmg: 1d12 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 1 = 17 Die Foul being! Makon then steps back to make it more difficult for the creatures to flank him. (Makon takes a 5' step back)

GM are these creatures corporal or incorporeal? Also assume these creatures abilities are a fear effect (otherwise take one off my will save(s)

151 to 200 of 375 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SO GD VII Assault on Absalom 9-00 (Tier 1-2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.