SO GD VII Assault on Absalom 9-00 (Tier 1-2) (Inactive)

Game Master ScorchedOne

Maps & Handouts


101 to 150 of 375 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Male CN Ifrit Alchemist (Grenadier) 1 | HP 9/9 - 2nl| AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 14 | F: +3, R: +4, W: -1 | Init: +2 | Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 30ft | Bombs: 4/4 | Extracts: 1st 2/2 | Mutagen: Strength | Active conditions: None
Extracts:
Targeted Bomb Admixture; True Strike

Boomer has got a +1 to all...so likely not the best choice, but I'm willing to throw in.

Liberty's Edge

Half-Orc |HP 46/46|AC:16: 12T: 14F | CMD 20| Fort: 9, Ref: 4. Will: 4| spd. 40| Int.+3|per,+6
raging stats:
HP. 54/54 | AC:15, 10 tch, 13 FF | Fort:+12, Ref:+5, Will:+7 | Att: MW Great axe +9 (1d12+15 dmg), Mace+8 (1d8+15dmg)|CMD 21
Att: MW Great axe +7 (1d12+12dmg.), composite L bow +7 (1d8+5) Bloodrager 4 (spelleater)
special:
Wordly 1/1 day(trait), Destined strike 0/3 day,ferocity 1/1 day, rage 7/12day,blood of life(fast heal 1 raging)
Conditions:,long arms|bear's endurance|fatigued|Healing sacrafice

A bit of retcon here because this game is moving at warp speed!

GM wrote:
Believing the Siege Lord’s mandate an unacceptable seizure of property, Lord Nevvem dispatched cronies to intercept the official messengers and ensure the order never arrived. The thugs only meant to give the messenger a beatdown and steal the proclamation, but they botched the job and accidentally killed the messenger.

Makon grits his teeth at hearing the greedy un-just Lord's antics. Typical slaver! Referring to persons as property! Makon can not help the bile building in his mouth and spits at the thugs feet. You better tell us everything you know and quick punks! Or I'll be letting that messenger's kin know just who I found with bloody knuckles not far from her corpse!

After the thugs spill their guts Makon pushes through them roughly and threatens. You best find a new employment boys... I be seeing you down these parts again.... Makon stops suddenly and attempts to kick one of the thugs in the groin. unarmed strike against flat footed thug: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 NL dmg: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 ...it won't be my foot you find up your arse! But me blade! Har! grrr..

Liberty's Edge

Half-Orc |HP 46/46|AC:16: 12T: 14F | CMD 20| Fort: 9, Ref: 4. Will: 4| spd. 40| Int.+3|per,+6
raging stats:
HP. 54/54 | AC:15, 10 tch, 13 FF | Fort:+12, Ref:+5, Will:+7 | Att: MW Great axe +9 (1d12+15 dmg), Mace+8 (1d8+15dmg)|CMD 21
Att: MW Great axe +7 (1d12+12dmg.), composite L bow +7 (1d8+5) Bloodrager 4 (spelleater)
special:
Wordly 1/1 day(trait), Destined strike 0/3 day,ferocity 1/1 day, rage 7/12day,blood of life(fast heal 1 raging)
Conditions:,long arms|bear's endurance|fatigued|Healing sacrafice
Gloriana Morilla wrote:
The recent acts of sabotage have caused many noble families to seal off their estates or begin evacuating the city in private ships. Not only is this cowardly exodus clogging the harbor and sowing confusion, but it is also disrupting other defenses because the nobles had earlier promised their household guards’ service in defending the city. Acting under authority granted by the Siege Lord, help me find them and remind them of their responsibilities as members of the nobility.

Makon takes in this new information as a matter of coarse. Nobles...not all slave owners but many are...even the ones that aren't can't be trusted! Well I've got a mandate from the siege Captain! Who's in charge now cowering nobles?...time you learned us peasants ..aren't so weak! Makon replies evenly to Gloriana Morilla, We will do what is necessary to convince these irksome nobles... Makon smiles wryly ... the errors of their ways...

As Makon approaches each estate he at first hangs back and watches his fellow Pathfinders open the dialog with the various noblemen. He asses each situation in kind.

Sense Motive (Arpadors: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Sense Motive (Caperinas): 1d20 ⇒ 13
Sense Motice (al-Hadirs): 1d20 ⇒ 13

When finally bid to step up and speak Makon doesn't hold back.

Makon's intimidate check against noble family of my fellow Pathfinder's choosing:
Makon begins the conversation by pushing past his companions and drawing his great axe, You listen to me you little weasel! You sad excuse for a person..You're nothing but a worm to me! Something to be crushed underneath my boot as I pass by! If that's what it takes to get you and your house moving off your collective bums and come to the aid of this city...they I'll gladly grind my heal into the dirt! While your withering skull breaks apart underneath the weight of my foot! Makon looms over the person..Now do we have an understanding or not!? Will gladly accept any aid another's or role-playing bonuses offered! intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 2/23] [Move: 20]

Sorry for the delay...7 hour 1st Ed. AD&D game on Saturdays.

Sense Motive vs. The Arpadors: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Sense Motive vs. The Caperinas: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Sense Motive vs. The al-Hadirs: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Diplomacy vs. The Arpadors: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Diplomacy vs. The Caperinas: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Diplomacy vs. The al-Hadirs: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Andy gives them all the same speech...Absalom is in dire need of the help you swore to offer in it's defense. Don't let the History of your House be tarnished with a brief lapse of commitment."

Dark Archive

Male CG Gnome Wizard 2 | HP 16/16 | AC *17 T 13 FF *14 | CMB -2, CMD 10 | F: +7, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +2, Low-Light Vision | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 3/4 | Shift: 6/6 | Active conditions: Mage Armor
ScorchedOne wrote:

- The Arpadors are hiding because they are afraid of the undead, not out of selfishness. Promising them that they’ll be protected decreases the difficulty of the Diplomacy check.

- Annalia is wearing a small pentagram amulet paying homage to Asmodeus—an act of devotion she’s picked up in response to the pending siege. Due to her family’s public renunciation of Asmodeus, this is a point of embarrassment, and a pointing this out to her reduces the difficulty of the Bluff check.

- You determine that Naadhira is hardheaded and doesn’t respond well to threats; you can attempt a second Bluff or Diplomacy check in place of an Intimidate check.

Given what the party has discovered, Drelluandast will try to assist with the following checks:

Diplomacy to Aid vs. Arpadors: 1d20 ⇒ 16

As Andy works his charms on Marton, Drelluandast interjects, "If all of us - nobles, commoners, Pathfinders - if we all work together, we'll protect each other. You only need fear the undead and the invaders if you isolate yourself!"

Bluff to Aid vs. Caperinas: 1d20 ⇒ 15

At the Caperina estate, Drelluandast is quick to offer his assistance to Annalia. "I'm sure we'd be happy to help find more of these Asmodean trinkets, if that's who you would offer prayers to during this siege. I'm sure your family wouldn't mind - I mean, they've publicly renounced such worship, but extenuating circumstances and all that... Granted, if you were to pledge your forces to the defense of the city I'm afraid we would be given other duties and unable to assist you further with such endeavors." Not sure why this is a bluff check - seems like blackmail (which I'd call Intimidate). Oh well.

Diplomacy to Aid vs. al-Hadirs: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Drelluandast is on his best behavior at the al-Hadirs mansion, remembering everything he can about proper etiquette and what not to say to a Sarenite.

He'll also encourage his fellow Pathfinders to help, however they can!

Grand Lodge

Male HP: 17/17 | AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat 13, CMD 22 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, SM +8, Bluff -1, Dip -1 | Speed 30ft | Stunning Fist: 0/2; Paizo Reroll +4 0/1; Potion of Cure Serious 1/1; Potion of Heroism 1/1; Evil Outsider Bane Shuriken 0/1 | Active conditions: None.

Kwan attempts to aid Andy on all three Diplomacy checks.

Diplomacy (Aid) Arpadors: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18
Diplomacy (Aid) Caperinas: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5
Diplomacy (Aid) al-Hadirs: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7

Grand Lodge

Truth of the Seeker | DWK4 || 10-00 Successes: Reporting Form | Current Status || Spell Templates

***OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT***

The Dark Archive has recovered the missing codebook, allowing Zarta Dralneen and her agents to create contradictory signals that confuse the Black Echelon undead.

Table GMs, the Dark Archive mission has been completed, and that faction’s special condition on page 10 is in effect. No new groups may start the Dark Archive mission; those groups already in progress may complete the mission and report the success towards one of the other missions.

Liberty's Edge

Half-Orc |HP 46/46|AC:16: 12T: 14F | CMD 20| Fort: 9, Ref: 4. Will: 4| spd. 40| Int.+3|per,+6
raging stats:
HP. 54/54 | AC:15, 10 tch, 13 FF | Fort:+12, Ref:+5, Will:+7 | Att: MW Great axe +9 (1d12+15 dmg), Mace+8 (1d8+15dmg)|CMD 21
Att: MW Great axe +7 (1d12+12dmg.), composite L bow +7 (1d8+5) Bloodrager 4 (spelleater)
special:
Wordly 1/1 day(trait), Destined strike 0/3 day,ferocity 1/1 day, rage 7/12day,blood of life(fast heal 1 raging)
Conditions:,long arms|bear's endurance|fatigued|Healing sacrafice

After satisfyingly threatening the simpleminded Arpandor' s (See previous post intimidate check was '25') Makon takes a similar tone with the The Caperinas family. You can ask whatever devil you wish to aid your family...it won't help you escape the wrath of the Pathfinders ...and more to the point me! If you don't immediately stop loading your people on to the barges and clogging up the harbor! intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 Frustrated his tactic didn't work with the Chelish nobles. Makon restrains himself from trying to intimidate the Al-Hadir's, when he's told the Matron of the house is particularly stubborn.


The Arpandors have been convinced to lend aid, but the other two families remain unconvinced. Can still make bluff checks against all 3, someone. Additionally for the last family, you can make a second diplomacy or bluff rather than intimidate.

Dark Archive

Male CG Gnome Wizard 2 | HP 16/16 | AC *17 T 13 FF *14 | CMB -2, CMD 10 | F: +7, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +2, Low-Light Vision | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 3/4 | Shift: 6/6 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

Drelluandast will try to assist with another Bluff check against the Caperinas and a second Diplomacy against the al-Hadirs. Maybe Andy wants to be the primary roller for these, and the rest of us assist?

Bluff to Aid vs Caperinas: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Diplomacy to Aid vs al-Hadirs: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 2/23] [Move: 20]

I rolled Diplomacy against all 3 Sat. night. Am I allowed to roll again?


Andy Applebottom wrote:

I rolled Diplomacy against all 3 Sat. night. Am I allowed to roll again?

You can, should you choose, roll the bluff if you think you're the best bet, as well as the second diplomacy against the al=Hadirs. This would be (and is) much easier irl.

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 2/23] [Move: 20]

Cross your fingers everyone.

Bluff vs. Caperinas: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Diplomacy vs. al-Hadirs: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

I don't think I have used my character folio re-roll yet. I am going to use (waste) it on that Bluff roll.

Bluff vs. Caperinas: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


The groups are swayed! You hear of a fourth family which fled via the water, but given the time constraints of a play-by-post and the fact you've successfully met the conditions of this mission... Mission Complete! Starting the Silver Crusade mission.

You do not find Ollysta Zadrian, leader of the Silver Crusade faction, in the Grand Lodge. You come across her finishing off a skeletal Black Echelon operative. She then motions for a group of citizens seeking refuge in an alley to move to a safer part of the city before she turns to the group and idly cleans her sword.

“I’m pleased to see you have come to Absalom’s aid in its darkest hour. As you may have heard, undead creatures have attacked various locations within the city, and scouts have reported that an army of demon-flesh abominations is assembling in the Cairnlands. The holy warriors of the Ascendant Court would be instrumental in a war against such holy creatures, and I have begun coordinating the faithful. I know Absalom is home to more of the faithful than I have seen. Most notably absent are Sarenrae’s blades, and my close ally Scion Lady Xerashir of House Shamyyid at the Temple of the Shining Star has not answered the call to arms. I can only assume that something has waylaid her and her comrades. My presence is required here, but I am trusting you to investigate the matter and lend any aid necessary.”

The smell of incense is heavy in the air at the Temple of the Shining Star, but it is ominously quiet in the vast Sarenite prayer room. Statues and other religious objects have been placed in concentric circles atop a massive sundial. Opposite the sundial is a portable lens-like device that seems to focus light like a magnifying glass.

You may look around, using Perception or Survival to search. You can also see what you might know with Knowledge (Arcana or Planes). Lastly, either Knowledge (Religion) or Spellcraft might reveal more details.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Magus (Kensai) 2
Combat Statistics:
[HP 14/15] [Init +3 | Per +0] [AC 16 | T 15 | FF 11] [CMB +1 | CMD 15] [F+3 | R+3 | W+3]
Resources and Conditions:
[Arcane Pool 4/6] [Personal Consumables: Scroll of shield 0/5] [Active Conditions: Enhanced Sword 10/10 rds]
Spells:
[0-lvl Spells Prepped: Detect Magic | Light | Spark] [1st Level Prepped: Magic Missile 1/1 | Shocking Grasp 1/1]

Wow! Doesn't look like a waste to me! That's awesome.

I think we reached the Aid Another limit? Not sure. But just in case we haven't, I'll aid Andy.

Bluff (aid Andy) vs Caperinas: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Diplomacy (aid Andy) vs al-Hadirs: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Diplomacy (aid Andy) vs Arpadors: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Welp. One outta three ain't .... okay that's pretty bad.

EDIT: I posted this just as our GM posted. Derp! But I know the cookies on the site save the rolls, so I'm going to leave those and continue on.

While he doesn't alway agree with Ollysta's methodology, Cabe has always admired her dedication to helping the innocent. He gives her a stiff salute and heads straightaway to the Temple of the Shining Star, keeping his eyes peeled for tracks, and in particular, studying the sundial and magnifier.

Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 16
Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Grand Lodge

Male HP: 17/17 | AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat 13, CMD 22 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, SM +8, Bluff -1, Dip -1 | Speed 30ft | Stunning Fist: 0/2; Paizo Reroll +4 0/1; Potion of Cure Serious 1/1; Potion of Heroism 1/1; Evil Outsider Bane Shuriken 0/1 | Active conditions: None.

Kwan searches about the Temple of the Shining Star for clues.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Liberty's Edge

Half-Orc |HP 46/46|AC:16: 12T: 14F | CMD 20| Fort: 9, Ref: 4. Will: 4| spd. 40| Int.+3|per,+6
raging stats:
HP. 54/54 | AC:15, 10 tch, 13 FF | Fort:+12, Ref:+5, Will:+7 | Att: MW Great axe +9 (1d12+15 dmg), Mace+8 (1d8+15dmg)|CMD 21
Att: MW Great axe +7 (1d12+12dmg.), composite L bow +7 (1d8+5) Bloodrager 4 (spelleater)
special:
Wordly 1/1 day(trait), Destined strike 0/3 day,ferocity 1/1 day, rage 7/12day,blood of life(fast heal 1 raging)
Conditions:,long arms|bear's endurance|fatigued|Healing sacrafice

Makon is more than pleased to have a mission where he doesn’t have to talk as much.

Ollysta Zadrian wrote:
Most notably absent are Sarenrae’s blades, and my close ally Scion Lady Xerashir of House Shamyyid at the Temple of the Shining Star has not answered the call to arms. I can only assume that something has waylaid her and her comrades. My presence is required here, but I am trusting you to investigate the matter and lend any aid necessary.”

Makon shyly clears his voice and speaks to the unexpectedly attractive Faction Leader of the Silver Crusade, You need not trouble yourself my Lady. We are more than capable of handling this small manor for you. Makon is somewhat surprised at the heat rising in his cheeks as he utters these few words to the glorious warrior woman. Makon steps back in lines with his comrades, trying vainly to avoid the woman’s stern and steady gaze; and yet still desiring her attention.

Later, when the party arrives at the Sarenite Temple, Makon is all business. He finds himself particularly eager to fulfill his mission faithfully and most importantly to meet Ollysta’s expectations.. Makon has a good long look around the temple. (take ‘20’ on perception for a total ‘24’) Makon pays particular attention to the sundial the arrangement of the objects in the room looking for any signs of foul or strange magic happenings. knowledge arcana: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 2/23] [Move: 20]

Andy casts Detect Magic and looks around carefully to try and see what's what...

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Knowledge(Arcana): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Oddly enough, I don't have Knowledge(Arcana/Planes/Religion) so I used Bardic Knowledge on the second check.

Dark Archive

Male CG Gnome Wizard 2 | HP 16/16 | AC *17 T 13 FF *14 | CMB -2, CMD 10 | F: +7, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +2, Low-Light Vision | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 3/4 | Shift: 6/6 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

Drelluandast is most intrigued. "Where do you think that lens is focused?" he excitedly asks his companions before turning to study the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


Your group notices that footprints and small objects littering the floor suggest a powerful and sudden force dragged people within the temple toward the sundial, but the tracks suddenly end 10 feet short of the sundial. Cabe, studying the lens, notices it is possible adjust the lens’s angle, focusing sunlight into a stronger beam of light, whereas Andy understands both that the lens is intended to empower spells and that the beam of light should be aimed at a magical focus. Cabe also studies the sundial and deduces that the sundial was used as a central focus for a powerful spell, and the objects around the sundial were intended to function as foci for a conjuration spell, determining the parameters of the spell.

Dark Archive

Male CG Gnome Wizard 2 | HP 16/16 | AC *17 T 13 FF *14 | CMB -2, CMD 10 | F: +7, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +2, Low-Light Vision | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 3/4 | Shift: 6/6 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

Drelluandast is fascinated by the conjuration ritual. "We studied things like this at the Acadamae!" he explains. "Now, what happens if we produce another source of light on the other side of the lens, then focus it on the sundial?"

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 2/23] [Move: 20]

Andy looks around the room to see if there is a natural opening that may allow the room to let sunlight inside to illuminate the sundial.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Magus (Kensai) 2
Combat Statistics:
[HP 14/15] [Init +3 | Per +0] [AC 16 | T 15 | FF 11] [CMB +1 | CMD 15] [F+3 | R+3 | W+3]
Resources and Conditions:
[Arcane Pool 4/6] [Personal Consumables: Scroll of shield 0/5] [Active Conditions: Enhanced Sword 10/10 rds]
Spells:
[0-lvl Spells Prepped: Detect Magic | Light | Spark] [1st Level Prepped: Magic Missile 1/1 | Shocking Grasp 1/1]

Cabe studies the objects around the sundial, hoping to determine if one of them might be the focus they're looking for.

Liberty's Edge

Male CN Ifrit Alchemist (Grenadier) 1 | HP 9/9 - 2nl| AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 14 | F: +3, R: +4, W: -1 | Init: +2 | Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 30ft | Bombs: 4/4 | Extracts: 1st 2/2 | Mutagen: Strength | Active conditions: None
Extracts:
Targeted Bomb Admixture; True Strike

Boomer joins Cabe in the search for an unusual object that might prove to be the focus they are looking for.

Liberty's Edge

Half-Orc |HP 46/46|AC:16: 12T: 14F | CMD 20| Fort: 9, Ref: 4. Will: 4| spd. 40| Int.+3|per,+6
raging stats:
HP. 54/54 | AC:15, 10 tch, 13 FF | Fort:+12, Ref:+5, Will:+7 | Att: MW Great axe +9 (1d12+15 dmg), Mace+8 (1d8+15dmg)|CMD 21
Att: MW Great axe +7 (1d12+12dmg.), composite L bow +7 (1d8+5) Bloodrager 4 (spelleater)
special:
Wordly 1/1 day(trait), Destined strike 0/3 day,ferocity 1/1 day, rage 7/12day,blood of life(fast heal 1 raging)
Conditions:,long arms|bear's endurance|fatigued|Healing sacrafice

Makon shrugs his shoulders as he picks up a random candlestick. How bot’ I shed some light on this? Makon says as he lifts up the candlestick in his hand. Makon moves towards the lens as he speaks. come on one of you help me position the lens so the light beam from the lens falls squarely on the Sundial! Makon says excitedly, whilst he positions himself behind the lens and then lights a candle from his pack and a places it on the candlestick.

Let’s see what this does! LoL Makon can’t cast light yet! Candle it is!


So, are you positioning the light and lens so that they focus on the sundial?

Liberty's Edge

Half-Orc |HP 46/46|AC:16: 12T: 14F | CMD 20| Fort: 9, Ref: 4. Will: 4| spd. 40| Int.+3|per,+6
raging stats:
HP. 54/54 | AC:15, 10 tch, 13 FF | Fort:+12, Ref:+5, Will:+7 | Att: MW Great axe +9 (1d12+15 dmg), Mace+8 (1d8+15dmg)|CMD 21
Att: MW Great axe +7 (1d12+12dmg.), composite L bow +7 (1d8+5) Bloodrager 4 (spelleater)
special:
Wordly 1/1 day(trait), Destined strike 0/3 day,ferocity 1/1 day, rage 7/12day,blood of life(fast heal 1 raging)
Conditions:,long arms|bear's endurance|fatigued|Healing sacrafice
ScorchedOne wrote:
So, are you positioning the light and lens so that they focus on the sundial?

Absolutely! Lets see what happens!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Magus (Kensai) 2
Combat Statistics:
[HP 14/15] [Init +3 | Per +0] [AC 16 | T 15 | FF 11] [CMB +1 | CMD 15] [F+3 | R+3 | W+3]
Resources and Conditions:
[Arcane Pool 4/6] [Personal Consumables: Scroll of shield 0/5] [Active Conditions: Enhanced Sword 10/10 rds]
Spells:
[0-lvl Spells Prepped: Detect Magic | Light | Spark] [1st Level Prepped: Magic Missile 1/1 | Shocking Grasp 1/1]

Cabe's brow furrows as he walks over to Makon and helps him position the sundial. "Knew I should have prepared light today," he mutters.

Aiding Makon in positioning the sundial. Do we need a check?


As Makon and Cabe perform this ill-advised maneuver, a whirling portal of intertwined bright and dark energies opens, sucking you all in! As you enter, your group sees a winding labyrinth before them and the whirling portal still behind them. In the distance, they hear a woman shouting commands in the Kelish language over the sounds of battle—the Sarenites are near!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Magus (Kensai) 2
Combat Statistics:
[HP 14/15] [Init +3 | Per +0] [AC 16 | T 15 | FF 11] [CMB +1 | CMD 15] [F+3 | R+3 | W+3]
Resources and Conditions:
[Arcane Pool 4/6] [Personal Consumables: Scroll of shield 0/5] [Active Conditions: Enhanced Sword 10/10 rds]
Spells:
[0-lvl Spells Prepped: Detect Magic | Light | Spark] [1st Level Prepped: Magic Missile 1/1 | Shocking Grasp 1/1]

Cabe sighs and puts his hands on his hips. "Well that could have gone better." He takes in his surroundings before heading toward the battle sounds, dueling sword at the ready.

If there is light to see by, he'll start heading toward the sound. If there's not, he'll wait for someone to produce a light source before moving forward.


Heading towards combat, Cabe finds it!

Init:
Kwan: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Boomer: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Andy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Cabe: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Drelluandast: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Makon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Monsters: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Boom/Mon: 1d2 ⇒ 2

A pair of golden creatures appear ahead, and look ready to charge at you with vicious horns!

Drelluandast, Andy, and Makon may act. Knowledge Nature is the one for these monsters.

Liberty's Edge

Half-Orc |HP 46/46|AC:16: 12T: 14F | CMD 20| Fort: 9, Ref: 4. Will: 4| spd. 40| Int.+3|per,+6
raging stats:
HP. 54/54 | AC:15, 10 tch, 13 FF | Fort:+12, Ref:+5, Will:+7 | Att: MW Great axe +9 (1d12+15 dmg), Mace+8 (1d8+15dmg)|CMD 21
Att: MW Great axe +7 (1d12+12dmg.), composite L bow +7 (1d8+5) Bloodrager 4 (spelleater)
special:
Wordly 1/1 day(trait), Destined strike 0/3 day,ferocity 1/1 day, rage 7/12day,blood of life(fast heal 1 raging)
Conditions:,long arms|bear's endurance|fatigued|Healing sacrafice

Gm I assume this is a surprise round? IE no charge? Only standard or move action?


This is a standard round. You see them, they see you.

Dark Archive

Male CG Gnome Wizard 2 | HP 16/16 | AC *17 T 13 FF *14 | CMB -2, CMD 10 | F: +7, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +2, Low-Light Vision | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 3/4 | Shift: 6/6 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

Remembering how they took down the undead at the fort, Drelluandast moves forward, ready to show his companions what he can do again! Another chant, another flick of the wrist, and another orb of acid flies away!

Ranged touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Acid damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Drelluandast moves forward, pulling out his acid flask as he does so, and casts acid splash on the creature closest to the party. Also, please tell me Makon is going to get in front of the foolish wizard.

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 2/23] [Move: 20]

So...is Light needed?

Knowledge(Nature): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Andy shares anything he may recall with the group, then...

Andy begins to sing..."My friends and I have come to fight, evil creatures we will smite. Your reign of terror soon will pass, once we have finished kicking your....butts."

Inspire Courage(Su): A 1st level bard can use his performance to inspire courage in his allies (including himself), bolstering them against fear and improving their combat abilities. To be affected, an ally must be able to perceive the bard’s performance. An affected ally receives a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.


There is plenty of light.

Liberty's Edge

Half-Orc |HP 46/46|AC:16: 12T: 14F | CMD 20| Fort: 9, Ref: 4. Will: 4| spd. 40| Int.+3|per,+6
raging stats:
HP. 54/54 | AC:15, 10 tch, 13 FF | Fort:+12, Ref:+5, Will:+7 | Att: MW Great axe +9 (1d12+15 dmg), Mace+8 (1d8+15dmg)|CMD 21
Att: MW Great axe +7 (1d12+12dmg.), composite L bow +7 (1d8+5) Bloodrager 4 (spelleater)
special:
Wordly 1/1 day(trait), Destined strike 0/3 day,ferocity 1/1 day, rage 7/12day,blood of life(fast heal 1 raging)
Conditions:,long arms|bear's endurance|fatigued|Healing sacrafice

Makon drops the candle stick and charges the nearest Ram...sheep..golden horned thing...doesn't matter it will be dead in a second!....Argh....release the Sarenites and I may let a couple of you walk away from this! Makon charges hard past the first creature (potentially provoking an AoO if it's not flat footed) and moves to it's flank coming down hard with his great axe.G axe: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 2 = 17dmg: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
note Makon's current AC is 14 because of the charge.

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 2/23] [Move: 20]

+1 attack and +1 damage to makon's rolls due to bardic inspiration in play.


Makon fells one of the Brass Chargers, leaving it bleeding on the ground.

These are Brass Chargers, an Advanced Fiendish Ram. You may ask one question, Andy.

The other steps up and tries to gore him.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

It fails to do so, leading to its likely demise. All may act.

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 2/23] [Move: 20]

Do they have any special defenses (ie. DR; resistance to elements)


Fire and Cold 5.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Magus (Kensai) 2
Combat Statistics:
[HP 14/15] [Init +3 | Per +0] [AC 16 | T 15 | FF 11] [CMB +1 | CMD 15] [F+3 | R+3 | W+3]
Resources and Conditions:
[Arcane Pool 4/6] [Personal Consumables: Scroll of shield 0/5] [Active Conditions: Enhanced Sword 10/10 rds]
Spells:
[0-lvl Spells Prepped: Detect Magic | Light | Spark] [1st Level Prepped: Magic Missile 1/1 | Shocking Grasp 1/1]

Cabe strides purposefully toward the creature next to Makon, channeling arcane power into the blade, and swipes viciously at its neck.

On my tablet at work so I can't move my icon, but Cabe is moving up next to Makon in melee with the creature. Swift action to spend a point from his arcane pool to enhance his sword, then attacking.

Dueling Sword: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 11


Cabe strikes down the other ram, and just like that, combat is over! You find the Sarenites several hundred feet farther down the passage. The Dawnflower’s priests have just defeated a group of minotaurs. Once all of the Sarenites have safely returned to the Material Plane, Scion Lady Xerashir of House Shamyyid thanks you and says the following: “Someone must have tampered with the magical foci we used, causing the spell to fail. When we completed the ritual, a gateway formed that drew us into that Abyssal realm. As the portal closed behind us, I could see a woman’s silhouette as she tossed something through the portal and grimly intoned, ‘My sister’s memory earns you mercy.’ It was this,” she reports, holding up a silver holy symbol of Sarenrae, stamped with the word ‘Oppara,’ and notched as if by a blade. “This style only saw use in Taldor by hidden congregations, including one that reactionary Opparan officials tried to stamp out about six years ago. Was there not a prominent leader in the Society who lost a sister in that incident? A pasha who went rogue? This alone may not be evidence of her involvement, but whoever sent us to the Abyss seemed to want us trapped, not killed.”

Mission Complete. Moving to Scarab Sages.

----------------

Amenopheus and Tahonikepsu, leaders of the Scarab Sages faction, busily review brittle scrolls in the Pathfinder Society’s Starhall as they search for forgotten weapons of war that might be turned to Absalom’s defense. Amenopheus steps away to meet with the group as they approach.

The Sapphire Sage carries a weathered scroll marked with silvery ink. “As you know, rebuilding our ancient order has been the main priority of the Scarab Sages, but we also take a keen interest in wondrous technology from the past and how those discoveries could benefit the present. This isn’t the first time Absalom’s fallen under attack, and there are untold defenses secreted away beneath centuries of new construction. Tahonikepsu and I have recovered several promising leads that—“

Tahonikepsu interrupts without looking up. “Amenopheus! This scroll speaks of a ritual that turns Absalom’s walls into living fire and its streets into carnivorous sand! Such potential! What a sight to behold!”

Wide-eyed with shock, Amenopheus warily turns to look back at his colleague. “To say nothing of that being more dangerous to our citizens than to the invaders, the city patched up that glaring problem several years ago after the Decklands almost leaked it to our enemies.” Tahonikepsu visibly deflates before she grabs another scroll and voraciously continues her research. “As I was saying, we have identified a more promising and ancient defense described by—and perhaps built by—the wizard Beldrin centuries ago. This so-called ‘Gulgamodh’ is a weapon that lies buried beneath a fountain in the Precipice Quarter. I ask that you identify it, locate it, and activate it for use in the battle to come.”

------------------------

Amenopheus gives the group a key and a yellowing map with a location called the Titan’s Fountain marked on it. According to the sages’ old texts, Gulgamodh is buried beneath the fountain, and the key should help the bearers access the weapon.

A curious ten-foot-tall fountain stands at the center of a plaza in the Precipice Quarter. Shaped like a giant fist and built from steel that hasn’t become tarnished despite its apparent age, it looks almost as though some titan of old had punched its fist through the ground.

When you approach the plaza, the key starts vibrating gently, and glowing script in Celestial, Draconic, and Osiriani appears along the fountain’s surface:

“Here lies Gulgamodh, aegis of Absalom. When the city needs Gulgamodh, open the locks and call it forth with true and honest intent.”

To activate Gulgamodh, you can attempt to remember stories that shed light to what Gulgamodh was (Knowledge [history or local]), realign the glowing sigils and schematics (Knowledge [arcana], Spellcraft, or Use Magic Device), find hidden buttons and mechanisms that can free Gulgamodh (Appraise, Craft [sculptures or stonemasonry], Perception, or Sleight of Hand), improvise a phrase that encourages Gulgamodh to activate (Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Linguistics, or Perform [oratory or sing]), or remove parts of the fountain that aren’t part of the original construction (Disable Device, Knowledge [engineering], or combat maneuver check).

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 2/23] [Move: 20]

Knowledge(Local) to remember what Guldamodh was:: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

UMD to realign the glowing sigils: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Perception to find hidden buttons/mechanisms: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Perform(Sing) to improvise a phrase to activate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Knowldge(Engineering/Bardic Knowledge) to remover parts that aren't orginal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Grand Lodge

Male HP: 17/17 | AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat 13, CMD 22 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, SM +8, Bluff -1, Dip -1 | Speed 30ft | Stunning Fist: 0/2; Paizo Reroll +4 0/1; Potion of Cure Serious 1/1; Potion of Heroism 1/1; Evil Outsider Bane Shuriken 0/1 | Active conditions: None.

Hoping that I get this right this time...one check from each category...

Remember Stories of Gulgamodh (History): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
No trained skills for Realign Sigils
Find Mechanisms (Perception): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Improvise a Phrase (Intimidation - Aid): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16
Remove parts of the fountain (CMB): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Magus (Kensai) 2
Combat Statistics:
[HP 14/15] [Init +3 | Per +0] [AC 16 | T 15 | FF 11] [CMB +1 | CMD 15] [F+3 | R+3 | W+3]
Resources and Conditions:
[Arcane Pool 4/6] [Personal Consumables: Scroll of shield 0/5] [Active Conditions: Enhanced Sword 10/10 rds]
Spells:
[0-lvl Spells Prepped: Detect Magic | Light | Spark] [1st Level Prepped: Magic Missile 1/1 | Shocking Grasp 1/1]

Cabe scratches his head over the inscriptions. "I don't speak any of these languages. What does it say?" If translated for him, he rubs his chin. "Never had much patience for puzzles, but let's see if we can suss this out."

He knows absolutely nothing of this "Gulgamodh," so he starts working on the other areas, trying to realign the sigils in some semblance of order. "Bugger," he mutters. "Be easier if I knew what this thing was. Are we aligning for Transmutation? Conjuration? I suppose abjuration, most likely, seeing as it's a defense mechanism. Or at least abjuration will be prominent. Let's see if we swap these here..."

Once they have the sigils in a position that (hopefully) works, he follows Kwan, eyeing the statue for hidden mechanisms. The light isn't ideal, and his eyes aren't what they used to be, but he does his best to keep up with the younger man.

Channeling his old captaincy, he barks a few orders at the fountain, hoping to get through to the Gulgamodh and get it up and running to defend the city.

Finally, he gives Kwan an extra pair of hands removing parts of the fountain to get at the mechanism hidden somewhere beneath.

No Knowledge skills to recall Gulgamodh
Realign Sigils (Spellcraft): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Find Hidden Mechanisms (Perception, Aid Kwan): 1d20 ⇒ 5 Failed to Aid
Improvise a Phrase (Intimidate): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Remove Parts of Fountain (CMB, Aid Kwan): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15 Successfully Aided!

Dark Archive

Male CG Gnome Wizard 2 | HP 16/16 | AC *17 T 13 FF *14 | CMB -2, CMD 10 | F: +7, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +2, Low-Light Vision | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 3/4 | Shift: 6/6 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

Drelluandast is still overjoyed at being part of a conjuration ritual, very excitedly and enthusiastically telling anyone who will listen about his studies at the Acadamae as he helps the group with reactivating Gulgamodh.

No trained skills to recall Gulgamodh.
"I've never heard of this Gulgamodh, but this one time one of the instructors summoned a statue and said it was an inevitable!"

Knowledge (arcana) to Aid: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
"This reminds me of when we were studying how to make binding circles for conjuring more powerful outsiders so the teachers could bargain with them!"

Perception (to Aid?): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
"It's like that time when somebody summoned a bunch of mites in the dorm room and we had to track them all down from their hiding places!"

Linguistics to Aid: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
"Yeah, the instructors told us to make a script before trying to make a deal with a devil - and then hammered home that we should stick to the script, or why did we bother making the damned thing?"

CMB to Aid: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (19) - 3 = 16
"Whew! Not had to do this since that time I accidentally teleported myself into a locked closet! Well, there was this morning at the fort I suppose..."

Liberty's Edge

Half-Orc |HP 46/46|AC:16: 12T: 14F | CMD 20| Fort: 9, Ref: 4. Will: 4| spd. 40| Int.+3|per,+6
raging stats:
HP. 54/54 | AC:15, 10 tch, 13 FF | Fort:+12, Ref:+5, Will:+7 | Att: MW Great axe +9 (1d12+15 dmg), Mace+8 (1d8+15dmg)|CMD 21
Att: MW Great axe +7 (1d12+12dmg.), composite L bow +7 (1d8+5) Bloodrager 4 (spelleater)
special:
Wordly 1/1 day(trait), Destined strike 0/3 day,ferocity 1/1 day, rage 7/12day,blood of life(fast heal 1 raging)
Conditions:,long arms|bear's endurance|fatigued|Healing sacrafice

Makon scratches the stubble on his chin and sets to work helping Cabricalius, realign the sigils. spellcraft(aid): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19. After that, Makon begins to look for buttons or levers that may activate the mechanism (take ‘20’? For total of ‘24’:If not defer to roll)perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 Finally if all else fails, Makon resorts to berating and insulting the sculpture of the ‘Titan fist’ Stupid thing! You better reveal how you work or I’m going to have an army of gnome tinkerers come and use you for scrap!intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


Through their varied and accomplished efforts (thank you Drelluandast and Cabe for your descriptions also), the group is able to summon Gulgamodh! Gulgamodh starts tearing itself free from the ground.

As it does so, you see a number of agents of your opposition moving to cut off your access and take Gulgamodh for themselves!

Init:
Kwan: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Boomer: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Andy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Cabe: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Drelluandast: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Makon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Brigand: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Initiate: 1d20 ⇒ 3

Despite their having "gotten the drop" on you, they're completely unprepared for combat, whereas your group is on their third combat of the day! You are eminently more prepared and may act first!

lol, their init rolls were garbage, you all act first, wonder if this combat lasts 2 rounds...

Grand Lodge

Male HP: 17/17 | AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat 13, CMD 22 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, SM +8, Bluff -1, Dip -1 | Speed 30ft | Stunning Fist: 0/2; Paizo Reroll +4 0/1; Potion of Cure Serious 1/1; Potion of Heroism 1/1; Evil Outsider Bane Shuriken 0/1 | Active conditions: None.

"Absalom shall not fall to you this day!" Kwan vows as he moves forward to attack.

Attack (Cold Iron Kama): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

101 to 150 of 375 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SO GD VII Assault on Absalom 9-00 (Tier 1-2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.